PDA

View Full Version : costumes for comic-con 2007?

TR Rose
06-19-2006, 02:08 PM
With about a month until the con, who besides me is still trying to finish costumes? Or maybe you haven't even started yet!

Share your in-progress costumes and updates here. :)

I have four costumes in-progress, but I don't know how many I'll have done in time for the con. Probably my most difficult project is Link's Master Sword and Hylian Shield. I tried to make the sword once and it failed miserably so I'm starting over. It looked more like a giant popsicle than a weapon, and the foam I was using was too dense to sand down properly. Back to Ye Olde Drawinge Boarde.

ycysusan2001
06-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I have 3 that I have to start in scratch and 2 in progrees ^^;;;
I dont think I can finish everything on time

Chibi Plush Toy
06-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I've still got 'em to do >< doubt I'll be able to finish in time. Three new costumes...yuck.

Gowa-chan
06-19-2006, 11:41 PM
I still have to finish/fix up all of my costumes, but its worse that I have to have all of them done before AX >.<

Kokuu
06-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Finish? I haven't even started. Once AX is over, I'll get working on my Comic Con costume. XD

ApolloNoUta
06-20-2006, 12:30 AM
I need belts for my Wolfwood cross. I'll get those this week. And if I can get a fake cig, that'd be perfect. XD

Grey Finch
06-20-2006, 01:38 AM
I still have to finish my Sheik costume, and my friend's Vincent costume is underway too.

I need belts for my Wolfwood cross. I'll get those this week. And if I can get a fake cig, that'd be perfect. XD

Ooh, a Wolfwood! I'll have to catch you so I can take a picture. :3 For fake cigs, try going to a party store/year round Halloween store (we have some around where I live). I got a pack of two for about a buck or so. <3 Or you can get candy ones at a candy store. XD

systemerror5150
06-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Oh I am so definitely very far from being done. As it is right now, I only have the helmet I need and that still needs some work done on it. I still have to get my coat sewn, buy the boots and pants I would need, and possibly a couple other minor things.

Sadly it will still probably be incomplete, as I am not positive how well carrying around a functional Airsoft will go over with the con staff. I'm not willing to take the risk of carrying it around with me.

xmissxhellx
06-20-2006, 02:18 AM
are you kidding me?! im remaking BOTH my pink kairi and tifa cosplays, and i havent even started on my schoolgirl kairi, rukia, or anko! T-T jeez this is reeeeally gonna kill my wallet!

Sipo
06-20-2006, 02:42 AM
I haven't started my Comic Con costumes, since I have been working my arse off for AX. I am almost done with the six that I have to get done for AX. (Only two are for me. Three for friends, and one commission.) Then I will be working on Axel [KHII] and Ukyo [Samura 7] for Comic Con. No commissions or costumes for friends. I can just work on my two cosplay in peace. XD

Chibi-kun
06-20-2006, 03:02 AM
I havent started nor decided yet on what costume I'm seriously gonna bring to comic con XD but I will most likely not do it until AFTER AX lol. And will most likely be a rushed costume >__>

ApolloNoUta
06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I still have to finish my Sheik costume, and my friend's Vincent costume is underway too.

Ooh, a Wolfwood! I'll have to catch you so I can take a picture. :3 For fake cigs, try going to a party store/year round Halloween store (we have some around where I live). I got a pack of two for about a buck or so. <3 Or you can get candy ones at a candy store. XD

Thanks for the advice. :toothy: I think my mom got some recently from somewhere, I'll have to ask here where she got them. (the candy ones XD)

Breeface
06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Most of my costumes are almost done. Just minor things like sewing on pockets etc left.
I MADE myself start early this year so I wouldn't rush like always xD

kelldar
06-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I've gotten a few little things done... my Mustafar Padme and the Vader bodysuit & capes are getting there. I've got my boots, gloves and accessories left to make for Rogue. The only one I haven't gotten a good start on is my new Padme lake dress.. I'm hoping to buy fabric this weekend. If I have time I'm going to try to finish my new Ceremonial Leia in time, too, but I'm not going to to push it...

TheZan
06-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Man, I need to make a Hollow Ichigo costume and a FF7 AC Cloud, and I'm barely getting started! Why did I agree to do this?! WHY?! *Seppuku*

enajatrian
06-21-2006, 12:52 PM
I still need to finish my Red Star cosplay...

Cmdr. Voltaire
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I have about 5 or six little detail things to do before I step into the SDCC arena. I did a punch list last weekend. I still need to add the proper straps on my snow boots (like the snowtroopers in the Empire Strikes Back) Revenge of the Sith skirt straps with metal clip underneath the belt plate etc. Plus I will be painting a freash coat of semi gloss white on the back of my helmet and on my back armor plate to remove some funny looking battle damage.

sacha
07-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I need to finish my weapons *pokes foamies* XD;; at least the LOVEGEN (Sh15uya) one, and if I have time, Velvet Nightmare for Yazoo. Other than that, I'm ready (I think lol)

natsukoarts
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
need to finish konzen douji's arm bands and sew the silver crap on the arms., finish sewing the top of the jumper

DarkReflection
07-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah about finishing costumes... At the moment, none of my costumes are near done, so at this rate I'm dropping all my costumes. It'll still be nice to see everyone though.

Edit: Umm, I could be able to pull of my Chuunin Sasuke outfit, but its a bit unfinished... so yeah maybe~

L to the 3rd
07-20-2006, 03:36 AM
not done yet.... x.x;

systemerror5150
07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
My coat is still in progress. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow.

Everything else save for one patch {for the coat} I have.

Master Zero
07-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I still need to finish my Red Star cosplay...

Awww, are you gonna be there Saturday???

I still need to reinforce my crown and make sure my new weapon doesnt break.

xfkirsten
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Still frantically trying to finish mine for Saturday... I'm so close, I can almost taste it! :D

Ally D
01-04-2007, 11:28 PM
As for this year...
I have a Crysta (ferngully) costume I've been lazy on finishing. I have most of the outfit done just have to and the waist on the skirt and the clothing is done. The major things I really need is I have to have my hairstylist friend give my wig a quick minor makeover trim and I stll need to make my wings. They'll be so cool when they're done. They'll actually flap if I want them to.

Dany
01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I think this year it's not so much -finishing- costumes as it is repairing and adding to present ones. I'm kind of on a 'new costume hiatus' this year due to wedding planning.

The good news is that the work is not too difficult. :)

SeleneLA
01-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I have my Underworld Costume being made now. I can't wait.

linkluver6
01-19-2007, 10:31 PM
me 2!

this is my first time
and I am

doing Motoko kusanagi for the first time!

So I am very excited for this outifit!!!

I'm actually trying to get my father to come with me as well
because he loves old american comics ha!