PDA

View Full Version : Elfquest

GreenElfie
03-03-2003, 08:01 PM
I want to do an Elfquest costume! Nightfall...or Ember...

Anyone else ever do one or thought of doing one?

Hikaruchan
03-03-2003, 09:05 PM
I am planning on doing Moonshade. Thought also about Winnowill, but I really don't have body for her (but being evil is fun).

GreenElfie
03-03-2003, 09:20 PM
moonshade is a beautiful character. which of her outfits are you doing? the one that she wears in the first comics? winnowill is a REALLY beautiful character. i love her hair! *L* and so evil! ;) yeah being evil can be fun..hehe

Hikaruchan
03-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Yes, early one with a lot of purple is the one I am mainly thinking about

http://www.memso.com/dho/images/eqgallery.html

GreenElfie
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
that's cool. yeah the nightfall costume i want to do is on that page too. i like the earlier costumes. have you thought of how you're going to make the ears? i don't have any good ideas for that...

Hikaruchan
03-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Ears - not really yet. Might be some paper mache on a headband ears - as a pirotess I liked had ears like that. I would just have to try to hide band by making dark brown as I plan to use my own hair so won't have a wig to cover it.

Karisu-sama
03-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Pini elf ears are BIG ears. Sounds like Latex time, if you want a major job.

Many years ago (80's) I saw someone at a con cosplaying Nightfall from the original quest; she was 4' something, and so I really did a double-take - it looked like Nightfal come to life! ^^

Me, I still want to do Khavi someday. :) I really like her attitude. :)

GreenElfie
03-03-2003, 11:35 PM
hikaruchan - headband elf ears sound like a good idea! the only idea i have right now are those costume-y ears you find on the internet, but they look so fake! *L*

Karisu-sama - yeah pini elf ears are huge! i grew up reading them though, so when i see elves with small pointy ears i think "are they half elf or something?" haha. how would latex work for elf ears? i really don't know a whole lot about props and accessories and stuff.
haha that's awesome about the person you saw at the convention! and she was only 4' something? that would make me do a double take too.
khavi is a good character, she does have an attitude. *L* her costume would be so warm to wear! you should make it though!

Hikaruchan
03-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Karisu-sama,

I so want to see you do Kahvi. No white wig for that one, so will you use your own hair for her?

Sarcasm-hime
03-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Eeee, I've been thinking about EQ cosplay recently too. I used to be a HUUUGE Pini fan; got out of it a few years ago when things started going downhill plot-wise. But anyways, I'm not sure who I'd cosplay. My hubby would have to be Rayek, as he's short, slim and brown-skinned...^_^ But for myself, there are no elves with very long straight brown hair....so it would have to be a wig, I guess.

I'm leaning towards Kahvi...or maybe a crossplay Strongbow! *lol* he was always my favourite...never liked Moonshade.

A J
03-04-2003, 01:30 PM
OOOOHHHH... when y'all doing this?! :) I LOVE Elfquest. I've been wanting to do Venka forever and just never had a good time to do it.

-AJ

Hikaruchan
03-04-2003, 01:50 PM
AJ, I think you would make a great Venka!

Moonshade is not my favorite - but she is probably closest in looks of the main elves to me - plus she is a seamstress. I could also do Foxfur or Brownberry - but they are not very recognizable since they are not part of main story.

I loved original Elfquest, but eventually it lost its charm when different writers were cranking out all sorts of stuff. Favorite character probably Ember.

Think Lord Voll's outfit would be nice to be done if could find slim tall guy to pull it off.

A J
03-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah, I stopped reading a year into when they started the continuation series. It's not the same without Wendy drawing and I just couldn't keep up. =P

Cutter's mom would be cool to do to. *think* Big blank on her name now... argh...

-AJ

GreenElfie
03-04-2003, 07:45 PM
AJ you would make an excellent Venka!

Cutter's mom is Joyleaf, she would be a cute character to do.

My favorite character from Elfquest has always been skywise, from the very beginning, to when i stopped reading it. i don't remember when that was, but it was when they were making the books black and white.

Elfquest has a lot of great costumes to do! :)

Karisu-sama
03-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan
Karisu-sama,

I so want to see you do Kahvi. No white wig for that one, so will you use your own hair for her?
And I want to see you do Moonshade! ^___^ You do look like her! ^___^

Yah, I've wanted to do a Khavi costume for at least 15 years now; I always though I kinda looked like her the most (except my Escaflowne nose :p ), although I don't have baby-fat on my face anymore like I did back then. :p Yes, I probably would use my own hair - and maybe a couple of extensions for the braids, because my own hair is so fine that ALL of it makes only one of those braids. Besides, the hair at my temples is mostly (naturally) white. :p

AJ, you would make an excellent Venka! ^___^ I stopped reading EQ some time after Rayek took the palace into the future - the original Quest was the best, anyway...

Now, where and when can we all get together and do an Elfquest cosplay group?? (AJ, you are at least close! ^__^ I'm kinda stuck in CA, and it would take a LOOOOT of persuading (if it's even possible) to either get my family to consider Comic-con (so soon after AX!!), or to convince them to let me go myself!)

Here's a pic I once found on the web of someone cosplaying Leetah at Akon...

GreenElfie
03-04-2003, 09:20 PM
I saw that picture a while ago and i was like really surprised to see an Elfquest costume, cause they don't seem to be often done.
Right now, if i have time, i'm planning on making an Elfquest costume and going to Dragon Con. Cause it's probably the closest convention for me.
I was really close to going to comic con last year! i wanted to go with one of my friends but at the last minute decided not to. Comic con looks like a lot of fun, though.

Hikaruchan
03-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I have seen a few pics of ElfQuest costume, but never one in person.

GreenElfie, maybe I will run into you at DragonCon.

Karisu-sama, too bad I don't have plans to go west except maybe for ComicCon eventually but not this year. Furthest west I have considered going so far is to Akon in TX.

Guess might have to be mini groups in various locales if people do the outfits.

GreenElfie
03-05-2003, 08:35 AM
hikaruchan - yeah, maybe i'll see you at dragoncon. i'm really hoping i can get work off to go *L*

i'd love to see pictures of everyone's costume if they do it though!

A J
03-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Karisu-sama, do Khavi! Ummm... Baycon maybe?! :) Your daughters would look adorable as young Ember or Tyleet or Venka. ^^

Not that I really have time for another costume... -_-

-AJ

Sarcasm-hime
03-05-2003, 12:57 PM
I probly won't get to any Elfquest costume until later this year or next year. Planning on hitting SDCC next year, so probably then. Might finish one for Worldcon (http://www.torcon3.on.ca), but can't afford to go to any US cons for awhile. Bleh. Sometimes I wish I lived in California...here in Toronto we only have 1 and a half anime cons within any reasonable driving distance.

Kaitou
03-06-2003, 07:12 PM
I would love to do an Elfquest costume, but unfortunately, I'd look awfully silly at my height, unless I played Winnowill. if i stick to my diet, maybe, lol.

FOr those wondering, I'm 6'1''. Hence no happy elves for me. ;(

Zelly
03-07-2003, 09:30 AM
I love Elfquest...never really had a chance to do any costumes but ^_^;; Maybe I'll do Redlance...or Pike...or Skywise :D I wish I could make it to Dragoncon =/ The only non-anime convention I've been to was DarkoverCon though...like five years ago :P

Does anyone know what to use to make your ears look pointy like an elf's? I've seen some people do it...

GreenElfie
03-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Kaitou - you could alwasy do ummmm timmain or auroree also. they're pretty tall elves. i guess any of the mountain elves are pretty tall...

Zelly - you should do skywise! yeah! :) i don't know about making your ears pointy like an elves, there's things online you can buy from, like here, they make "elfquest" ears... http://www.hightowercrafts.com/page33.html

sailor tweek
03-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Tee hee...I love Skywise and Ember...they are my faves. ^_^

A J
03-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Ooooh... I just checked the guest list for Comic-con and the Pinis are gonna be there. Guess I WILL be adding that Elfquest costume. ^^

Anyone else going to SDCC... *ahem* Karisu-sama??? =D

-AJ

Hikaruchan
03-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, think they are holding a 25th anniversery thing for ElfQuest at SDCC. If I lived on that coast I would definitely think about going.