PDA

View Full Version : looking for Proffessional photographers for private photoshoots

Clever Sleazoid
06-21-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm looking for a proffessional photographer for photoshoot of my drain away kyo cosplay that I will be debuting on early saturday at awa.

does anyone know of any photographers I could hire near the area? or doesn anyone here have a really nice camera and would be willing to set up a photoshoot with me? (I will pay $$ :3 ) please!!

Thanks to anyone who posts in advance,

Dylan~~

Bagu
06-21-2006, 07:50 AM
If I remember AWA last year, there was a photographer who set up shop in the Artist Alley that you could probably set up an appointment with.

Star_Angel
06-23-2006, 12:18 PM
If I remember AWA last year, there was a photographer who set up shop in the Artist Alley that you could probably set up an appointment with.

That was Kevin Lillard from afansview, he does that at every con because of his website, I havnt heard of him doing private shoots before.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-23-2006, 11:54 PM
if you're looking for photoshoots, you should always check Mab's site at risingsun.net. He does tons of photoshoots in the GA area (too bad i'm in SC). But, as far as AWA goes, I don't think he attends...

And i think Star_Angel is right, Kevin doesn't do private photoshoots.

I guess my main advice would just be to search online or a ATL phonebook to find you a photographer...unless you wanted one that understood what cosplay was already, but that would be a little harder to find. I also want to have a private photoshoot...but i'm just waiting for Mab to have another photoshoot in GA.

Ciarathallya
06-25-2006, 09:48 AM
there used to be a photographer in the mall at the Waverly. Last year they gone due to remodeling and such. Hopely that place will be back. It's where go get all my alchemist pics taken at.

R-chan
07-21-2006, 10:38 PM
well scratch risingsun off. Mab's shutting down the business because of his tendonitis. hope he recovers soon. I can't think of anybody in GA that does private photoshoots. consplayers on the west coast. Maybe Eurobeat king during dragon*con or something

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
so sorry to hear about Mab...

but E.King will be there. He takes hundreds of pictures. maybe if you pm him and ask very nicely. I thought about asking myself, but now that people know he's going to be there...they're going nutso and asking him to come take pics of their gatherings and stuff like that.

LostintheField
08-07-2006, 07:13 PM
E.King has never gone to AWA as far as I know. LionBoogy should be there, and as far as private shoots go, I believe it is friends only.

The AWA contest and ball has a photographer that would possibly do private shoots if you ask:
http://davenelson.smugmug.com/

My wedding photographer is familiar with cosplay as well, I'm sure he will be wondering around looking for good cosplayers who can pose well. You could ask him for a private photoshoot, I don't know what his saturday plans are.

He'll be walking around the con, as far as I know he's the only one who carries around a tripod.

Yoshiii
08-09-2006, 01:57 AM
RisingSun.net's photographer kicks butt.

I remember attending a photoshoot in Stone Mountain, here in Georgia..

Fantastic setting, great camera, amazing pictures...best time ever!

I look foward to getting the attention of many camera-men this year!

*so excited he could explode*

LostintheField
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Yoshii-I was at that photoshoot too. I looked at your gallery, and sure enough, I remember you. I'M YOUR FANGIRL AND HAVE YOUR ASUMA PHOTO IN A FRAME BUT I DID NOT JUST SAY THAT OUTLOUD XD.

<----Bunny Girl