PDA

View Full Version : Organization XIII saix's sword

Dixie
06-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone! I am tring to think of a way to make a detailed version of Saix's sword, and I'm a little stumpped. =P

There are two ways I can think of on making his sword...

1. Wood and paint

making a frame of the sword
paper macheing the outer layer a few times
make a layer of sculpty to smooth it out (and detail it)
and paint

I don't know if there are more ways, but I can't think of any. ^_^; I don't really want to do the wood one, only because I don't have the right tools handy.

Any help would be much appreciated! :toothy:

Xelliot
06-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Ok, well first, use this refrence pic to get a good veiw of it.

I would suggest styrofoam. Just because it's light. I'm probably making my custom heartless keyblade out of styrofoam for that reason.

I'm not exactly sure on how to go about this but, I would make a to scale sketch of it on a big peice of paper (or 8.5/11 peices taped together), sketch it out, cut that out, trace it onto the styrofoam, cut the styrofoam, then carve the edges. That's how I'm making my keyblade, should work for you.

Dixie
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Is styrofoam sturdy enough? The last time I used it, I thought the wind could break it...though maybe there a diffrent kinds of styrofoam?

R1KKu
06-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Go with the pink insulation foam that you can find at Home Depot. Its about $20 for a big sheet (think it was 4x8 ft) Its alot sturdier than regular white styrofoam and it smooths nicely with find grit sandpaper. You can find alot of threads about the foam here on the forums. Itll most definately work for Saix's weapon.

Crazy Neko CJ
06-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Personally, I would suggest wood and paint. I've seen many keyblades made out of that. It seems the easiest to get the materials for... You just need a lot of patience trying to carve/color it all.

eBay Sniper
06-23-2006, 02:49 PM
or you can do the Cardboard Katana 101 Method, under props and accesories threads of this site, it might say katana, but the dude who wrote the totorial made a side totorial on making broadswords, and Saix's sword fits that. I havent used the method yet, but i will for the Masemune and possibly the Bond Of Flame keyblade