PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Boston Area cosplayers!!!!!

Zevchan
03-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Okay, so the photographer decided to wait until today to tell me, but the photoshoot looks like it's going to be NEXT Saturday (March 15, not March 8) so please, if you can still come, we would really appreciate it!!!

Updated time/date below:

The Boston Globe is doing an article on the theatrical release of Cowboy Bebop AND COSPLAY! Yes, that's right! And having Cosplayers as an integral part of the story, they need PHOTOS! Unfortunately, they can only use photos they themselves take, Sooooo, we've (the author and myself) set up a photoshoot for them, which is tentatively planned for next Saturday (March 15 03) in Harvard Square around noon. This time and date is NOT set in stone yet, as the photographer is being a little slow on replying, but it looks like this will be the final schedule:

March 15, 2003:
12:00noon - All cosplayers have gathered in Harvard Square, outside of Tokyo Kid (located in the Garage building, less than a block away from the 'T' stop *redline*). Plan to be there around 11:45, just in case.
The photographer will be taking pictures of everyone in the store and outside, and possibly a few blocks away in a nearby park area. Come IN COSTUME 'cause there's really no place adequate to change, sorry.

*Directions: to Tokyo Kid via the 'T' - park at Alewife station (off of Rt 2 towards Cambridge I believe, which is off of interstate 95), which is CHEAP at 4.50 for 24 hours and take the train 3 stops to Harvard Square. Get off the train, follow the ramp up nd through the turnstiles. To your left is an escalator, take it up, then the second one up and you're in Harvard Square. Follow the block foreward and to the left (so the opening to the station is behind you) and walk until you see a sign outside a building that has 'Tokyo Kid' listed as one of the stores (it will also have Chibi Toys listed, I believe). Go inside, take the escalator and at the top of it to your right is Tokyo Kid! Yay!*

What they are looking for:
Preferrably Cowboy Bebop costumes, but any costumes will do. Some members of the NEG will be there (New England Garrison of the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers, a Star Wars Imperial costume troupe) so anything in the range of fandom is cool, but Anime preferred.

Contact information:
Michi 'Zev' Kaioh
email: aspenmathews@hotmail.com
AIM: Zevchan
If you have ANY questions, sent them to me, or IM me. I will keep this thread updated if there are ANY changes to the schedule.

-Michi
(no, the Other Michi)
http://www.cosplaynosenshi.com

Gothic_Lulu
03-04-2003, 04:19 PM
I might be able to attend because I am a short walk from Harvard Square, It all depends though because I would really like to bring my Edea costume but I am not sure if it will be done by then. I'll reply as soon as possible.

Hikaru
03-04-2003, 05:47 PM
I would love to come!!! I'm not sure if my costume will be done by then:( I'm still coming though!!!

Koumori
03-04-2003, 06:31 PM
I don't think she needs a reply - just show up. :)

tsukinohime
03-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Omygoshes, I LIVE there! Like, right on the river so 2 minutes walk from the garage! I guess that makes us like neighbors, gothic lulu! Wouldn't it be strange if we had passed each other on the street before? Too bad I don't have any of my costumes with me. *cries* Anybody want to lend me one? ^^; Why didn't he tell me? I got emails from him before and I sent his emails to the anime society. =P

tsukinohime
03-04-2003, 09:49 PM
oh, and one more thing -- I'm pretty sure there's a bathroom on the first floor of the Garage. I can go look on my way back from class tomorrow if somebody really wants to know for sure.

Gothic_Lulu
03-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by tsukinohime
Omygoshes, I LIVE there! Like, right on the river so 2 minutes walk from the garage! I guess that makes us like neighbors, gothic lulu! Wouldn't it be strange if we had passed each other on the street before? Too bad I don't have any of my costumes with me. *cries* Anybody want to lend me one? ^^; Why didn't he tell me? I got emails from him before and I sent his emails to the anime society. =P

Cool! Actual anime fans near where I live ^_^. We probably are neighbors, huh? ^_^. I go to Tokyo Kid a lot so it could very well be a possiblilty that you have seen me before.

Zevchan
03-05-2003, 01:01 AM
The bathroom in the Garage building is downstairs, under the ATM, but it's VERY small and quite crampped, not a good place to change.

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)
Anime Boston 2003 Cosplay/Masquerade Director

Zevchan
03-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Please note the original message has been updated. Sorry for any inconvienience!!!

tsukinohime
03-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Oooo, I can probably have my mom send me one of my costumes then! XD Yay! I can't wait to meet everyone!!

RichAyanami
03-11-2003, 11:47 PM
It'd be cool if we could all meet up somewhere.... or did someone already mention that?

Zevchan
03-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Um, we're all meeting in Harvard Square in Boston at Tokyo Kid. Please read the original post for details.

For everyone else: It looks like this weekend is a go! I'll keep you all updated here though, just in case! ^_^

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)

RichAyanami
03-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Buh.. I was much conffused for a while.. But okee, thanks ^^

Gothic_Lulu
03-13-2003, 10:41 PM
I am not really sure if you know, but, how many people are you expecting? ^_^

I hope a lot of people are able to come....

Zevchan
03-13-2003, 11:40 PM
I'm expecting about a dozen or so people, but I hope more than that show up.

I spoke to the photographer today, and this time is's 100% for-sure happening this Saturday! YAY!!!!! ^_^

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)

Gothic_Lulu
03-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Cool- count me in too ^_^

Just finshed my Edea costume so I'll bring that ^_^

Koumori
03-14-2003, 12:20 PM
I just wish I had some Bebop costumes. As it is, I'll be bringing (wearing) Nuriko. And bringing my own camera!

tsukinohime
03-14-2003, 02:54 PM
I'll be there too. I don't have any Cowboy Bebop costumes so my mom sent me my Utena one. Gosh, I haven't worn that since AX 2k! 0_o I'm starting to feel old >_<

Gothic_Lulu
03-15-2003, 02:57 PM
*just came back*

I had a really fun time! It was great meeting you all ^_^ I have never been to a photoshoot or have cosplayed in public before so it was nice being with all of you.....I did not talk a lot (my mom did most of it) but I am pretty shy lol.

Zev = You were so nice ^_^ My mom really liked you costume ^_^..It was really cute

Koumori = I was in awe of your Noriko costume.....I could never do something like that lol....and I think you did the hair really well ^_^

Tsukinohime = I really liked your Utena costume *_* You look a lot like her too and you costume was really detaled....

* I am not really sure if anyone else there is on the boards but *

There were also a Lain, Catboy, and someone doing a japanese fashion based wear and I likes them all.....

My costume was a bit ghetto but I am redoing the headpiece again and I think I am going to make the backpiece out of a light wood, so hopely it will look cool.

Koumori
03-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Catboy is RichAyanami. I agree - had a great time! It was cool to meet everybody and see your work (and GothicLulu's Mom). :) Look forward to seeing you at AnimeBoston!

Gothic_Lulu
03-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Oh, thats what I thought but I was not really sure ^^;;;;;;;

My mom enjoyed talking to you a lot, she was amazed that you did everything by hand ^_^ Hopefully I can be that good someday....

I have to learn how to manuver in that Edea costume more by Anime boston, I did not realze how hard it was lol I think I hit poor Koumori 10 times by accident lol ^^;;;;

Can't wait to see ya again ^_^ My costume will be a lot better too and I will have my other two costumes as well...

tsukinohime
03-15-2003, 04:48 PM
That was absolutely awesome! We need to have photo shoots more often! I can't wait to see what they do with the pictures . . . I hope it doesn't come out next week while I'm back home >_< If it does, can somebody save me a copy of the article?
Okay, now I really should be studying!

Gothic_Lulu
03-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by tsukinohime
That was absolutely awesome! We need to have photo shoots more often! I can't wait to see what they do with the pictures . . . I hope it doesn't come out next week while I'm back home >_< If it does, can somebody save me a copy of the article?
Okay, now I really should be studying!

I can send you a copy ^_^

By chance, does anyone know when the article is coming out?

lialia
03-15-2003, 06:45 PM
i couldnt make it cause of work but i totally think we should all get to gether sometime to take piccies

Koumori
03-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu

By chance, does anyone know when the article is coming out?

She said it was for the Calendar section, which comes out on Thursdays.. though I doubt it was for this coming Thursday.

Just be careful with your Edea costume! Your personal space gets MUCH bigger than you think when you've got that big thing strapped to your back, so you need to be extra aware of where you are. It would be a shame to get that elaborate piece all banged up!

Also, doing Nuriko by hand nearly made me blind and insane. I would advise against it. ;)

tsukinohime
03-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks for offering to save the article for me, Lulu. I'm going home next week for break, but after that I'll be able to pic up my souvenir copy of the Globe for myself.
Wow, you got your avatar pic updates and everything, Koumori. That pic turned out really well. I wish we could get those goofy pics she took of us -- especially the high-five one. That was my fav ^_^

Gothic_Lulu
03-16-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Koumori
She said it was for the Calendar section, which comes out on Thursdays.. though I doubt it was for this coming Thursday.

Just be careful with your Edea costume! Your personal space gets MUCH bigger than you think when you've got that big thing strapped to your back, so you need to be extra aware of where you are. It would be a shame to get that elaborate piece all banged up!

Also, doing Nuriko by hand nearly made me blind and insane. I would advise against it. ;)

I think it will probably come out during the week of the movie or something.....

Yeah, it was a lot dificult then I realized lol, I can only imagine what it will be like at the con ^^;;;; It took me a long time but I think I might still just want to do it in light wood just in case.....and that helmet is getting done over again, I actually had a lot nicer one but that was destroyed ;_; so I did that last minute....I think you recomended that I use a headform so I will use that next time ^_^

Hikaru
03-16-2003, 09:51 AM
YAY! My pink cat feet are going to be the paper! It was fun! Nice meeting you all! :)

PockyDarcy
03-16-2003, 12:26 PM
damn it! Wish I still lived in MA! *pout* >_< *wavs* hi Michi chan!

Zevchan
03-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Hi Darcy! We missed you and Scott ;_;

Everyone else: It was SO great seeing and meeting all of you! Thank you all so much for coming out for this. I'm not sure when the article is coming out, but it will either be the week before or the week of the Cowboy Bebop movie's release in theatres. I'll keep this thread updated when I know the actual date.

*hugs to all*

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)

Koumori
03-17-2003, 02:07 PM
The movie's supposed to be coming out April 4, so I'd imagine they would try to put it in the Calendar on the 3rd. I could be wrong.

RichAyanami
03-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Michi told me today that the Boston Globe with the Bebop thing will be in the April 3rd edition...
XD

Koumori
03-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey, guys - I just uploaded one of my pics to the gallery. It has Rich, tsukinohime, GothicLulu, me, and the blue-haired girl whose name I apologize for not getting.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=30233

hikura
03-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Very nice and beatiful costumes.All of you look really nice.

tsukinohime
03-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Koumori
Hey, guys - I just uploaded one of my pics to the gallery. It has Rich, tsukinohime, GothicLulu, me, and the blue-haired girl whose name I apologize for not getting.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=30233

That's an awesome shot. Thanks for uploading it. By the way, I love your camera -- it didn't give me red eyes. ^_^

Koumori
04-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Hey, guys - if you haven't seen it already, check out today's Globe! I LOVE the pic of GothicLulu.

RichAyanami
04-03-2003, 12:33 PM
You guys are great! If you can't get ahold of a paper edition... http://www.boston.com/globe/calendar/

XD
!!

Gothic_Lulu
04-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks Koumori ^_^ I was very happy with the result. All your pictures came out great too ^_^ They were all stunning ^_^

It was so cool to see the pics today-----I have been out of school for a week sick so It defintly has made my week ^_^

tsukinohime
04-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Wow, this is about as close to famous as I'll ever be! *laughs*