PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh AND/OR PA People

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 12:14 AM
What the heck? Everybody I've talked to related to cosplay or cons is from Pittsburgh or somewhere in the PA area...

So who's upset about Takocon?

I wanna organize a lil Pittsburgh cosplay/con/anime group of peoples that can massively hang out without fear of being murdered by thinking that I'm one of the crazy stalkers online!

But seriously, at Otakon 2002 about 1/4 of the FF6 Cosplayers were from Pittsburgh or somewhere in the PA area.... and I'm noticing tons of people put PA in their location in their profile....

So PM me or somefin'.... let's get a group together! We can all be friends! Let's be friends! ::says in spooky Poom Poom voice::

Oshi
08-06-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm in PA... but... the other side of it... near Philly O.o;;

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 12:26 AM
That's still okay and cool! lol

Celine
08-06-2002, 01:25 AM
Hello Pittsburghers/ fellow PA folks...

There are actually a lot of people, it seems, interested in starting groups in the area. I know there's a general discussion group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pacospers/.

I must also promote the new Pittsburgh-based group CT^2 which you can get info about at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CT2_CLAMP-tastic/ . New people are more than welcome. It's basically just a way to meet people in the area, and maybe eventually do a group cosplay.

Neon Genocide
08-06-2002, 07:02 AM
I'm from the York area during the summer and the Williamsport area during the school year.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 10:13 AM
yay, thanks Celine! You're the best as usual!

engrish
08-06-2002, 11:32 AM
speaking of Pittsburg FYI there is also a Pittsburg in California and they just had their first anime con in June called Recca Con. I don't know much about Pittsburg, PA except that it used to be the steel manufacturing capital of the world back in the days when Andrew Carnegie was busy building a monopoly.

Celine
08-06-2002, 11:43 AM
There are Pittsburgs in several states, actually... it's the H that makes our city special! :D

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 11:47 AM
Yes, we have an H, so Celine... you're actually from Pittsburgh, or do you mean our city as in PA's City?

antiswanky
08-07-2002, 12:06 AM
i'm from around pittsburgh, PA mail me at antiswanky@yahoo.com?

Alexeil
08-07-2002, 02:27 AM
^_^ Happy to see more people from the area looking for others! I'm the one that started PAcospers. Also have had a lot of fun at the CT2 meets thus far. Hope we can help get more kewl activities going for local peeps in the not so distant future!

Yuklko
06-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Im From around the Pittsburgh area!!!
Im looking for cosplayers and anime fans to hang out with
If you want message me Kittysasu@yahoo.com
ps im a BIG FF fan XD

Kidse7en
06-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I Visit the Philadelphia area of Pa. but that about it

ichi ichigo
08-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Revivinggg an old thread. If you're from Pittsburgh pm me~!

Kaijugal
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
This was originally posted in another forum but I though I'd share this here, since it's relevant to Pittsburgh area cosplayers...

HAUNTED ATTRACTION deal for PA cosplayers!

Hey everybody if you want to go to a haunted attraction, I have hookups for you.

Since Castle Blood is a theatrical haunt and lots of cosplayers & costumers work there, so I got the boss Gravely, to give us a deal for people here on cosplay.com. The castle isn't only a haunted attraction, but it's a tour that is a game as well, so you get to test your smarts. It's pretty sweet.

The regular price is $13 a ticket, or $25 for the Nightmare Pass* (That's admission, a t-shirt, a hot dog and a drink).

But............. if people want to organize a group, I can give you 20 tickets for $100. (That's $5 per person!) XD Alternatively, feel free to contact me for a special $5 off admission coupon for cosplay.com members only

It would be great to do a cosplay day!

Also some positions on the Castle Blood cast have opened.

I hope some cosplayers apply for and get positions on the cast. :) Good luck!

(As per Gravely):
Quote:
Hey Mortals, we are always looking for a few new great monsters. It's like no other haunt to perform at, I assure you. Check it out, and join all the creepy fun.
www.castleblood.com
The Castle Blood Cast is a unique blend of talented locals and gifted professional performers from across the country. Working at Castle Blood is an excellent opportunity to gain live, interactive performance training, and network with other likeminded performers, haunters, and costumers. Positions you may be asked to fill include: Scare Actor, Scene Actor, Guides, and Front of House staff. Your best fit will be determined by the Actor Manager.

It's great fun! This is me from last year! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2370883/

Spread the word.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. If anyone is thinking of organizing a group to come down, please let me know.

Cheers!

DarkSuzume
09-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Harrisburg area here.

XxLadyYuixX
09-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Reading area~

Kaijugal
09-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Wierd that there is nobody from the western part of the state. 0_o

Rosemary_red
09-11-2010, 06:14 PM