PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Photoshoot?

mocha
06-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi!

Does anyone know whether or not there will be another cosplay.com shoot this year? I haven't heard anything about it yet so I was just curious. If there's not, would it be ok to have one? ^_^

Eurobeat King
06-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Here's the info for the gathering:

Cosplay.com Members Gathering

DAY: Sunday, September 3rd
TIME: 12:00pm (Noon)
LOCATON: Marriott Hotel Lobby (near hotel registration)
REQUIREMENT: Must wear a costume

AshleyV
06-28-2006, 09:45 PM
This year I'll be able to make it. I now know about how long of a time span I will have between the parade and the RL photoshoot.

reannaremick
06-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately that's the worst time for me, because I always wear an old costume for the parade because the people in my group love it so much, plus I've got to go set up for a costume contest I'm running right after the parade. ;_; Oh wells.

Eurobeat King
06-28-2006, 10:32 PM
If you want to have it later on Saturday, we could.. Last year I selected after the parade since most of the cosplay.com members were still in costume and had finished the parade, or were in costume and met up with everyone else at that time. We could push it to a late-afternoon time if that would be better for everyone, just NOT after 6:00pm cos that's when everyone's getting ready for the Dawn costume-contest, eating dinner, and then later on the crazy-evening antics in the Hyatt lobby begin.. :thumbsup:

Anytime is fine for me on Saturday or maybe Sunday if you want to have it on that day.

Space Invader
06-29-2006, 12:01 AM
I'll be there :D. Just say when and where, and unless I'm busy getting ready for a contest I'll pop my head in.

fightstar
06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Saturday at 3 PM. Sounds like an ideal time. Gives you plenty of time to catch a shower after the parade, if it's a hot day, and it's after lunch. That's my $0.02 on the idea.

reannaremick
06-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Saturday at 3 PM. Sounds like an ideal time. Gives you plenty of time to catch a shower after the parade, if it's a hot day, and it's after lunch. That's my $0.02 on the idea.

Yeah, I think that would be better. Because I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wearing a costume they're obligated to wear for their parade friends, but it's not the one they'd want to showcase at the photoshoot necessarily.

mocha
06-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I agree that 3pm is a good time. It gives everyone plenty of time for costume changes as reannaremick said, and to fight your way through the massive crowd to make it on time. ^_^; lol

kitsunered
06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm actually more likely to make the time just after the parade, since I kick off a LARP I'm running at noon. It might be difficult for me to make it around three if it's decided to have it then. I've got a new Rei costume and I've talked a friend who has never cosplayed before into wearing Gendou so I was hoping we could both make the shoot this year.

vampirate
06-29-2006, 07:12 PM
The parade is usually a bit early and hot for my tastes so I should be able to make it just about whenever. And I haven't even decided anything bout entering any contests.

AshleyV
06-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I know that in the past the anime costume contest and the star wars costume contest is usually at 4 pm that afternoon, so having it at three may rush a few.

Darkkyo
06-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah I say it might be better to have it on sunday since most of the people i've been talking to plan on wearin anime outfits on sunday. I showed up at last years photoshoot and i was kind of hecked tryin to get there cause most of the people were still at the parade and a bunch of people was gather in the main lobby. It seems more better to have it on sunday but I'll show no matter what day.

a-tastic
06-30-2006, 02:02 AM
yeah..i vote for immediately after the parade, like last year.

thanks, Ashley, for reminding me of the SW contest on saturday. i'd forgotten...d'oh!

i don't know if i could do three and then try to put on that stupid amidala costume without killing myself in an hour, unless i already had it on.

heck, i don't know.

i've got to talk to my group and see if they'd rather do the parade or masquerade. i don't trust some of them to roll out of bed early enough for the parade, or to not carry beer in their pockets. heh heh.

Dany
06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Eeeek. I wasn't quite planning to be dressed in anything full-on Saturday (Dawn contest in the evening, and I wanted to take it easy), but I'll see what I can do.

AshleyV
06-30-2006, 08:44 PM
yeah..i vote for immediately after the parade, like last year.

thanks, Ashley, for reminding me of the SW contest on saturday. i'd forgotten...d'oh!

i don't know if i could do three and then try to put on that stupid amidala costume without killing myself in an hour, unless i already had it on.

heck, i don't know.

i've got to talk to my group and see if they'd rather do the parade or masquerade. i don't trust some of them to roll out of bed early enough for the parade, or to not carry beer in their pockets. heh heh.

No problem. If you need the form I have it downloaded to my computer. I will be pretty much wearing my outfit that I will be entering almost all day since I am also wearing it in the parade and the Rebel Legion Photoshoot.

a-tastic
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
No problem. If you need the form I have it downloaded to my computer. I will be pretty much wearing my outfit that I will be entering almost all day since I am also wearing it in the parade and the Rebel Legion Photoshoot.

oh, yeah. krap. i forgot about the photoshoot. thanks for the reminder!

Eurobeat King
07-14-2006, 04:19 PM
So how about Saturday at 2:00pm so that it's not immediately after the parade but not too late in the afternoon?

reannaremick
07-14-2006, 05:05 PM
That sounds perfect! The Firefly costume contest should be over by 1 so that gives me time to change. ^_^

AshleyV
07-14-2006, 08:56 PM
2 pm works for me as well.

A-Tastic, since you'll be at the RL photoshoot as well we can help each other keep track/reminder of the cosplay.com photoshoot.

Dany
07-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Eeeep. We can probably visit, but we'll be way dressed down (Dawn contest in the evening..complicated costumes for that, so we're saving up our energy). Therefore, we may just watch.

kitsunered
07-15-2006, 07:09 PM
I can only make it before noon, so 2PM is a no-go for me. I may just have to sit it out this year. We'll be wearing the Rei and Gendou costumes late Saturday night though, so hopefully someone will get pictures of them.

a-tastic
07-20-2006, 12:41 AM
2 pm works for me as well.

A-Tastic, since you'll be at the RL photoshoot as well we can help each other keep track/reminder of the cosplay.com photoshoot.

that sounds superb!

Missing Ninja
07-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Perhaps this is a silly question, but what type of costume should we wear if we want to be in the cosplay.com photoshoot? Is it anime only? I'm going to be helping out with the Stargate track all weekend, so I'll be in a Tok'ra/Goa'uld costume.

AshleyV
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't think it really matters. I know that I will be coming straight from the Rebel Legion Photoshoot so I will be in a Star Wars Costume.

QueenAleta
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
As long as it isn't right before the Dawn contest I can be there.

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-20-2006, 01:39 PM
So how about Saturday at 2:00pm so that it's not immediately after the parade but not too late in the afternoon?

Thank you for not putting it after the parade. I'll be there as Tifa or Vash, depending on what else is going on

Dany
07-20-2006, 02:33 PM
As long as it isn't right before the Dawn contest I can be there.

Saturday at 2...not -quite- before, but depending on how much lead time you need to do things and what time they expect us to arrive in costume.

Darkkyo
07-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah I'll more than likely be there in a Starwars outfit as well since i'm doing most of my Anime stuff on sunday. Last year there were different kinds of outfits so i don't think it matters as long as you cosplay.

R-chan
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm down since I'll probably miss the parade. The Penguin at your service^^

Fory-san
07-21-2006, 12:15 AM
When is the parade this year anyways? I would like to see that first before the c.com photoshoot. I think it'd be a good idea to schedule it after that but as Eurobeat said, before the Dawn costume contest. Just my two and a half cents (and maybe a nickel.. lol ^~).

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-21-2006, 12:58 AM
The Parade starts at ten Saturday morning like it has in previous years. I think it's the same route too. I'll double check. Marilyn (the director) will know.

Masami
07-26-2006, 12:21 AM
then later on the crazy-evening antics in the Hyatt lobby begin.. :thumbsup:

haha.. so true! So true! I'll be there though for sure with my friends. I'm skipping out on Otakon this year to focus on D*C, so I am so hyped to see everyone there!

Rukia_Kurosaki
08-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Turns out I won't be able to make the shoot due to a certain someone my mom doesn't want me around due to something the said someone said. But anyway, have fun! Post a lot of pictures!

JStrater
08-17-2006, 01:53 PM
I'll be there. Finally get a chance to meet you people! Wasn't able to get the Firewarrior costume done on time, so I made special effort to improve the Same Fisher/Splinter Cell costume!

Can't wait to see ya!

-S.

kelldar
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
darn! i was gonna say i'd be there, but that's the same time as the slave leia shoot, so i'll miss it again this year... one of these days i'll make it to a cosplay.com photoshoot I swear! LOL

Eurobeat King
08-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Ahhh, crap.. and I said i'd be there for the Slave Leia shoot too.. :thumbsup: Well, there's still time to plan the c.com shoot, and we could always do the gathering on Sunday, Day 3 rather than on Saturday. :) Saturday I know it's busy due to the Parade and then the Dawn contest, but for Sunday, as far as I know the only big event planned is the masquerade. I know the 501st photoshoot is usually in the morning (unless they plan it at noon, or get delayed due to permission-issues at the photoshoot site) and I'm usually there taking pictures.

So how about we have the cosplay.com gathering on Sunday, perhaps around 12:00pm or 2:00pm? I know most of us will still be there on Sunday.. Does this work for everyone?

kelldar
08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Actually the 501st picture is saturday morning before the parade this year, which is why I'm not participating LOL sunday anytime would be good by me...

Etherrawen
08-17-2006, 08:40 PM
2pm on Sunday conflicts with the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts photoshoot/meetup, I believe. Hmmm. :/

I vote for noon~

a-tastic
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
i vote for 2 pm, due to my overwhelming need to spy the Firefly triumvrate...

kitsunered
08-17-2006, 11:23 PM
I can probably make Sunday briefly, though noon is a better timeslot for me since LARPers are less active earlier in the day. :)

Eurobeat King
08-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Kell: That's weird for them to do the 501st shoot on the morning before the parade.. do they plan to take it at the area where the parade starts? Or do they plan to take it at the staircase that they always do? You're going to be there and walk in the parade, ya?

So far it sounds like more people prefer Sunday at 12:00pm for the gathering. I'll let everyone else voice their thoughts before making a decision. :)

kelldar
08-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but I'm walking with the Rebel Legion so there was no way for me to be in the 501st pic. They're doing it right there in the park area where the parade begins at 8:30... that's the time/day that got the most votes this year, I would have rather had it on sunday personally...

vampirate
08-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh, I really liked it being Saturday. :(

Plus I'm *still* waiting to find out when the anime track's costume contest is.

Dany
08-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Hmm...Sunday would, admittedly, be far better for me. I will see what I can do about being in some sort of shape for it (note to self, leave afterparty no later than 3?)

JStrater
08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Sunday works, can we get a time nailed down?

Eurobeat King
08-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Sunday works, can we get a time nailed down?

I'll wait until I get back from AniJam this weekend before deciding on the time.

While I'm away, let's see if others will reply and voice their thoughts also.

TheWickedOne
08-19-2006, 02:19 AM
i'm lovin' me some sunday. i also don't care what i'm wearing... i juast wanna be in the shoot. hit us up a time eurobeat, and you know we'll be there!!!!!

thewickedone (skarecrow)

a-tastic
08-19-2006, 01:03 PM
if we have it sunday...i'll bring the Burger King with me!

reannaremick
08-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Sunday's great for me since I have NO events to plan or organize that day, plus it's my no-wig day (yey for blonde characters) so I will be in a MUCH better mood, lol.

AshleyV
08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Sunday works as well for me just as long as it is before 2 p.m. which is when the FF/Kingdom Hearts Gathering/Photoshoot takes place.

Masami
08-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Sunday is perfectly fine =) Anytime, anyplace!

Dany
08-21-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm flexible. Noon can't hurt me, other than perhaps looking a touch tired. No clue what we'll be wearing now, though :) Heck, still deciding there (and it will all depend on the damage Saturday night does to me!).

Edit: And I would like to add that I make No. Sense. At. All. *shakes head* It's been a looooooong weekend.

Eurobeat King
08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
OK.. so here's the info for the gathering:

Cosplay.com Members Gathering

DAY: Sunday, September 3rd
TIME: 12:00pm (Noon)
LOCATON: Marriott Hotel Lobby (near hotel registration)
REQUIREMENT: Must wear a costume

See you there for those who can make it! :)