PDA

View Full Version : hideki from chobits cosplay

benny
06-29-2006, 12:56 AM
hey i was wondering how do i cosplay as him
i mean he looks like a regular guy
and i want to dance in the masquerade ball so it has to be something that just say oh it hideki !

RedRoses
06-29-2006, 01:15 AM
The only outfit that you absolutely know he's Hideki from some normal guy is his work clothes at Club Pleasure. Well that's to me anyway ^_^ His clothes in the anime has been rather plain >_> so yeah.

Like since this is his regular attire:
http://www.absoluteanime.com/chobits/_hideki.jpg
It just looks like a normal dude's clothes.

But his work clothes: (nyah can't find a better one)
http://chobits.dazn.net/gfx/episode/ep3pic7.jpg
Is more recognizable :D Especially if you get the back writing part right ^_^

benny
06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
lol thanks want to be my chobits ;) lol
oh and what is on his back?

Yunri-Chan
06-29-2006, 02:47 PM
I think you'd be quite recognizable if you have a Chii with you. Then it's obvious. ^^

Keilania
06-29-2006, 06:30 PM
If you were wearing hideki's work place clothes I'd recognize you 100%

But if you were wearing his normal clothes including jacket it'd be about.. 5%..

Then normal clothes with chi; 70%
Work clothes with Chi; 200% (Guarenteed ^^)

TR Rose
06-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Hideki's a non-costume. Since he wears normal clothes, most people won't realize you're cosplaying. Hardcore Chobits fans might recognize you if you're with a Chii, but even then... I've read Chobits and I wouldn't notice a Hideki (regardless of the clothes - I wouldn't notice the work uniform either to be honest). I'd recognize a Chii instantly, though. It's always difficult when a character looks just like a regular person. People would probably think you're just friends with a Chii cosplayer.

Here's the filter I run things through for costumes:
If you can wear the costume to McDonalds' during the dinner rush and you don't get a single strange glance, you're not wearing enough of a costume.

Fallen_Jenova
07-01-2006, 12:56 AM
If you're doing this for a dance.. I'd go with his work clothes.. If this dance is formal than that would be the best pick.
I'm thinking that most people won't know you're Kideki when wearing his normal clothes anyway.. even with a Chii.. Well, I wouldn't.
So.. you're best bet would be his work clothes.

RedRoses
07-01-2006, 04:20 AM
lol thanks want to be my chobits ;) lol
oh and what is on his back?

um... I believe it's the logo of Club Pleasure. Sorry though I can't find a good reference of it X_X

mizuhaki
07-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes, it is a logo of Club Pleasure ^__^
Here's another reference photo you can use:
http://www.ottawa-anime.org/~eyevocal/beingupfront/pictures/choyumi1.jpg

Also, YouTube might have some Chobits episodes, in which you can watch and look for this outfit.

animeninjagirl
07-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said. ^^

His normal clothes wouldn't be too recognizable at all .. and I'm a hardcore fan of Chobits and I still wouldn't probably recognize you if you did his normal clothes, even if you were with a Chii.

So I'd go with his work clothes. Check out www.youtube.com and type in chobits, they have all of the episodes up there where you can take screenshots from. :)