PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 2k6

Darkkyo
06-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I went seaching and i haven't found a Final Fantasy for AUSA06 and i haven't found one so I'm going ahead and start one since this year ausa is going to be a big one (hotel is already full). I'll be doing my AC Barret that i primired there last year but I'm doing Fast Food Barret from the Robot Chicken eposide. Hopefully there's going to be a good turn out like last year. Shooting for a Saturday 2:00 photoshoot when things start to come along.

Photoshoot Saturday - 2:00 in the Main Lobby

Runi-Chan
07-08-2006, 12:03 PM
I have Advent Children Shinra done for Otakon, so I can bring him to AUSA. Along with my own variation on Vinny, ala "PotC". Xp

Winter Divinity
07-10-2006, 04:15 AM
Is this all final fantasy or just 7/advent children? I can be Aeris.

Darkkyo
07-12-2006, 04:39 PM
No, this is going to be all around Final Fantasy. The more the merrier. Hope to see more there so i can get some good photos.

final_memories
07-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Well I can most likely go as either Advent Children Yuffie or FFX Shiva. Hopefully I will be wearing one of these costumes will be during the photoshoot!

Natalie
07-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Oh I would love to see a Shiva! <3

Tess
07-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I have no idea how AUSA is going to work for me, costume-wise, but there's a possibility I can bring Aerith. Yuna is pretty much retired at this point.

@-->--- Tess

LaPetiteSalope
07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Ashe (maybe even Fran if I get to start on it) from Final Fantasy XII and Yuffie from Advent Children

kimiko637
08-08-2006, 11:12 PM
My hubby will be cosplaying as cloud ac, and if i ever get around to finishing my Fran costume, i need to make the helmet and ears, then i'll bring fran :)

And possibly our baby girl will be ashe

Infinitywulf
08-09-2006, 12:54 AM
If I'm able to attend I will definitely be bringing AC Rude. As my siggy says though, AUSA isn't a definite for me yet. :(

kimiko637
08-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Looks like i'll be Yazoo and the baby will be Kadaj, and the hubby will be cloud :) Can't wait to see everyone :)

And if i ever get to finish up my FRAN then i'll be cosplaying her also :)

Winters Knight
08-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Hopefully FF8 will be representing here ^_^ (as many as I can get lol). Not sure if we'll be doing it for the shoot or not, but I'll try and get some Rinoa time in (without the wings) for the shoot if I can!

Mistress_Aine
08-16-2006, 11:36 PM
I'll have my AC Tifa along for the ride if I make it. ^___^

Castella
08-19-2006, 06:01 PM
I'll be wearing Garnet's yellow jumpsuit from FF9. And I want to convince my friend to cosplay someone else from the game too. Hope I'm not the only FF9 cosplayer there!

Suzaku7NoMiko
08-22-2006, 04:00 PM
If my sis and I definitely attend we will probably be Sephiroth & Vincent (see my gallery)

This will be our first AUSA - we just got back from Otakon & we've been contemplating going to AUSA thanks to this little postcard thingy that someone handed out during the con ....!!!

^_^

NeoSpike
08-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Edward "Edge" Geraldine from FF IV here...come on this thread is still dead? What the fuck?

AgentAdaW
08-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I just noticed my sister posted in here, but we are definitely going! yay!! she will be Sephiroth and I'm gonna be Vincent..I can't wait to see all you FF peoples!

Darkkyo
08-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Good it looks like more and more ppl are beginning to show up. Hopefully by AUSA I'll find a Fishnet shirt to have my Barret at 100%.

Bloodsin
08-30-2006, 12:32 AM
ill be brining my Sephiroth, its my main cosplay besides my patient demon.

Suzaku7NoMiko
08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
ill be brining my Sephiroth, its my main cosplay besides my patient demon.

Looks like you and I are the only Sephiroths so far.... whohoo!! We shall rule over all the children of Jenova!

Now that I look back at your Seph photos, I think I did take my photo with you on Friday morning of Otakon down by the fountains ....I was a very short advent children Sephy ....Im like 5'2" ..... chibi-sephy if you'd like to call it! Haha ^_^ If I find the photo i'll have to send it to you to confirm its you!

techie_Bisc
08-31-2006, 09:30 PM
I believe I'm dragging a friend along who's going as Rikku. Not sure which version of her, but I believe she's coming.

Valgaav_Xellos
09-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Well seeing as this thread is alive again, when you all decide on a location or if you want to change the time/date of the shoot, let me know. ^-^

thanks~ <3

Suzaku7NoMiko
09-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Saturday at 2 sounds like a perfect time already.... i vote to keep it ^_^

AgentAdaW
09-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I've never been to AUSA, but it seems like the "hot spots" for photo shoots are the semi-circle pit, the main lobby, and outside the game room. I vote on outside the game room or the main lobby. I just figure if the weather is crappy, inside might be the best-but then again, I don't know what the inside of the hotel looks like!! I'm just trying to get the ball rollin' here lol. Someone who's been to AUSA-help! As for the time, Sat. at 2 sounds good. :)

Darkkyo
09-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah I went ahead and posted for the Main Lobby since it's big plus it'll be easier to find. So I hope everyone is ok with it. My Barret at Dragoncon went over well and i can't wait to do it again at AUSA.

AgentAdaW
09-12-2006, 11:19 PM
yay! main lobby sounds fine (and easy to find, as you said lol...i'm an AUSA first timer here, i don't want to get lost haha although it's all in the same hotel, so i'm sure i would find a massive FF gathering sooner or later!)

EvilAuthor
09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure if it'll be ready in time, but I'm trying to get a Quistis cosplay together.

trigonsson
09-15-2006, 10:02 PM
My freind and I are doing FFXIII cosplay. I will be the main male character of FFVersusXIII and she is cosplaying the main female character of FXIII. :D Hope to be there~!

natsukoarts
09-17-2006, 03:34 AM
dead = thread title....
still debating on bringing my kadaj because of the whole plane vs. sword, security screening deal-y

trigonsson
09-17-2006, 08:38 AM
dead = thread title....
still debating on bringing my kadaj because of the whole plane vs. sword, security screening deal-y

How bad are the sword rules? =_=;; is there a certain height they can't be? :P I mean, mine will be completely harmless and made of plastic...

EDIT: didn't see the word plane. XD Sorry. :P

nachtinis
09-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Me=Rude (and everyone should bang on Darth Takeo's door so he will bring cid)

Wepons policy straight from : http://www.animeusa.org/weapons.php

No live steel at all will be permitted at Anime USA. Live steel is defined as swords, knives, or other objects made of metal, which can take an edge. Dull metal weapons are also not allowed.

Guns of any kind will not be permitted. Examples include, real guns, replicas of real guns, pellet guns, BB guns, air guns, crossbows, dart guns, blowguns, water guns, or water pistols. Prop guns that are easily identifiable as toys, provided that they possess no moving parts and are clearly marked with a non-removable orange tip will be allowed.

Flail weapons such as whips, floggers, maces, and nunchaku are not permitted.

Nothing that shoots sparks or flames allowed.

Illegal weapons will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

Staves, bo sticks, boken, shinai, and wooden swords will be permitted.

Fake, prop, or made-up weapons are permitted if they are safe and not dangerous to others around you or yourself.

Anime USA staff will determine if the prop weapon is dangerous or not at any time. The staff decision will be final.

If you are found using any of these either weapon or prop in an unsafe manor, we reserve the right to expel you from the convention.

Any weapon purchased in the Dealer's Room must be boxed and removed from convention property immediately, and should remain boxed and stored in your private quarters (your home, hotel room, or car). Weapons are not to be taken out of their packaging or wrappings while at the Anime USA Convention.

natsukoarts
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
nachtinis... luv the user name...

thanks for the update on the weapons policy... if i bring my kadaj i guess i need to make a paper mache' sword... (plane or no plane)

a kadaj cosplay isn't finished without a sword, and if the weapons policy is like that, = darn

NeoSpike
09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Damn...I hate these weapons policies...

Guess I should get back to work on my blade as well...maybe add some Ninja knives or shurikens just for the hell of it...

Gogglegirl
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I'll probably end up going as Selphie from FFVIII.

nachtinis
09-17-2006, 10:19 PM
nachtinis... luv the user name...

Thanks!
-Nachtinis Vilkas Feral
aka
Darth Feral

SkippingSith
09-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Totally bringing Lulu, Festival Goer Yuna, Summoner Yuna version THREE :D, Wallmarket Aerith, SeeD Instructor Quistis, Seifer Almasy and KH2 Aerith. (Yes, my entire cosplay list is FF-related. Yes, I am insane.)

Darkkyo
09-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey nothing insane about doing FF. What might be is deciding on which one you want to do for the photoshoot. :toothy:

Voltage
10-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Squall one day, Gippal another, and a thief Rikku as well. Not sure what days will be which though :P

EvilAuthor
10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Squall one day, Gippal another, and a thief Rikku as well. Not sure what days will be which though :P
A Gippal cosplay? Squee! You never see those! I'll have to take your picture if I see you

mocha
10-01-2006, 10:29 PM

:eek: You're cosplaying Gippal?? Very cool! I think I've only seen one Gippal...ever! lol I'm going to have my thief Rikku costume as well, I'd love to get some pics with you! XD

Runi-Chan
10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
*pops back in* Well, if I still end up going, since I'm probably going to have to pay my way for most of this, but...

I've got a feeling that I won't be cosplaying Shinra; I'll be moving soon, and he's already been packed waay in the bottom of a big box. However, I may have a FF8 Squall ready by animeusa.

Either that, or, more likely, Kuja.

In winter. Yes. *I'm crazy*

*checks rest of thread*

What, no FFIV love?

xOtaku316x
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Fujin from Final Fantasy VIII and Tifa from Advent Children!

Castella
10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
*pops back in* Well, if I still end up going, since I'm probably going to have to pay my way for most of this, but...

I've got a feeling that I won't be cosplaying Shinra; I'll be moving soon, and he's already been packed waay in the bottom of a big box. However, I may have a FF8 Squall ready by animeusa.

Either that, or, more likely, Kuja.

In winter. Yes. *I'm crazy*

*checks rest of thread*

What, no FFIV love?

There's a Kuja in FFIV? Unless you're thinking of the FFIX one, which I hope is the case so I won't be the only IX cosplayer there :toothy:

arashialexander
10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm still not sure if i'm going to anime usa but if i make it i'll bring loz.

Nameless
10-18-2006, 01:45 AM
I think I missed the shoot last year, so I should not miss this one. As for what I have,

White Mage Priest- Final Fantasy Tactics
Black Mage Wizard- Final Fantasy Tactics
Rude- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children(For the Colossalcon Shinra Inc.Panel)
Mog DA Moggle(Hood Style)- Final Fantasy VI(Completed for Sugoicon)

Bluehentrooper
10-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Calling all Vincent cosplayers!

We're looking for a Vincent to play a firearms instructor in a Fullmetal Alchemist skit (I know, I know, it's not as good as a Final Fantasy skit, but at least you get to look awesome on stage). You only have two or three lines, you get free pie, and the skit is actually funny. If you or someone you know is attending AUSA as Vincent and wouldn't mind helping us out, we'd love you forever. Please PM myself or EvilAuthor if you're interested, and thanks in advance. :toothy:

AgentAdaW
10-22-2006, 07:34 PM
^ I was pm'ed about this, and I said I was still thinking about it, but unfortunately I can't do it...don't hate me!! >< I want to enter the hall cosplay contest with my sis, and I don't think you can have the same costume entered in both the hall and cosplay contests. Between that and Human cosplay chess, i wouldn't have the time for rehersals and stuff, not to mention abandoning my poor sis!!! ( I was in the Otakon cosplay contest 4 years ago just for costume judging, not a skit, and I lost a lot of time sat. because of judging, rehersals, etc.) it's my first time at AUSA, so I wanna check out the con, too.
I'm sorry! :( I hope you find a Vincent, though!!

Bluehentrooper
10-24-2006, 12:54 PM
That's okay, we understand. ^_^
Finding an Alucard might work as well....

kimiko637
11-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Just wanted to add my friend, Misty Eyes, will be cosplaying with us As Tifa :)

Aer
11-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I know I'm bringing Shelke. Maaaaybe Kadaj.

I think I'm keeping Ashe at home for this con.

It's really all up in the air now lol.

NeoSpike
11-04-2006, 06:32 PM
OK so...when the fuck is it?

OphanimGunner
11-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Bringing Kadaj, most likely hauling AC Rufus along as usual, and Shuriken from Before Crisis.

kimiko637
11-06-2006, 08:45 PM
If i get my Fran costume done in time then expect to see my Fran there too :)

Aer
11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
oh man, if you bring Fran I know I'd be dying if I didn't bring my Ashe >__>

kimiko637
11-07-2006, 08:15 AM
oh man, if you bring Fran I know I'd be dying if I didn't bring my Ashe >__>

All i need to do is the ears... which as of right now is killing me because i can't get it to come out right LOL, and the helmet, which as of right now, needs ALOT of work, so i may just wing it, and bring what i have now *sighs* but for Katsucon it will be MUCH better LOL... and some other details, which i doubt i'd finish in time, but if i finish the EARS, then i'm definitely bringing what i have so far LOL.

I'd love to get a pix with you in your Ashe costume!

Tess
11-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Well, if all turns out well, I will tote along Rinoa to the gathering. I still have so much to finish on her, and I'm dying to make a set of wings, so we'll see.

@-->--- Tess

Gogglegirl
11-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I don't know if I'll be AT the gathering....truthfully, I know next to nothing about Final Fantasy. My friends keep telling me that I look a lot like Selphie so I finally gave in and decided to make her. sooo....uhhh...I might come by and take pictures but I don't think I'll be participating.

--If you see me at all come and say hi~! I'll be the Slephie in the middle of all the ninjas (my freinds are all doing naruto cosplay,....)--

OphanimGunner
11-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Final list for FF cosplay: Advent Children Cloud and Shuriken. Kadaj is being held off until Ohayocon when I have my trio (it's no fun wearing that costume most times e-e), and it's not likely I'll have any of my Turks to be Rufus. Sigh.

Now, watch. They'll all show up when I don't pack my six items of clothing, roll of bandages, and JENOVA box that takes up half my luggage. Stupid Rufus.

Darkkyo
11-13-2006, 01:04 AM
That's great. I'm glad to see more FF ppl coming out. Hopefully I'll see lots more there. The Photoshoot again is on Saturday at 2:00 in the main lobby.