PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Wild Arms Cosplayers for a Group like none other

Studmaster
03-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Well, I think it's time someone got around to an offical recruting thread for the Wild Arms Group planned for Anime Expo 2003 as well. So far we have

Gallows - Studmaster

And I know Michi wanted to Cosplay someone, but I'll wait until she posts here to put it down as a confirmation

ANYONE from the Wild Arms Trilogy is welcomed to join us. Doubles are allowed, and welcomed. Gathering time will be posted as we get more people.

So who's down, and who is your chracter?

Michi
03-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Yay! Yes! For AX I can be Alfred and I think I've convinced my tall skinny friend to be Todd. XD Or so I hope. o.o I'll probably make a Shady plushie, too. ^_^

Nietsche
03-05-2003, 02:15 PM
I think you know the character I will be!

I have a Jet costume so I'll take it along...but I do have an itching to be Rody too!

Michi
03-05-2003, 02:18 PM
I wish I could do Virginia for AX. I've got too much else that I wouldn't be able to afford it/wouldn't wanna rush... I'm HOPING for Otakon.. but it might be postponed til Animagic. ;_; Virginiaaaaa. *loves that outfit*

Famira Damaris
03-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Urk...I'm dying to do Ashley Winchester. It looks relatively easy enough to do (aside from the bayonet). But I might have to save it for Ani-Magic or next AX. But if there's a Wild Arms group...I'll be there at least to take pictures! XD!

Hmm...still...I could try and at least get started. xX; *plots*

Studmaster
03-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Before I head out to school, and my late class. Let me post who we have so far in this group. ( If your name is here, it'll be locked as tenative for the purposes of time and the list)

Gallows - Studmaster
Alferd - Michi
Todd - Jeff (Michi's Friend)
Jet or Rody - Nietsche
Ashley Winchester - Farmira Damaris

Michi
03-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Haha oh yeah. ^^; My friend doing Todd is named Jeff. ^_^;

Yui
03-05-2003, 11:49 PM
WA at AX now, too? Would you all just stop the madness? X_x People should know by now that I've got a severe case of cosplay group sickness -- especially for RPGs I actually like.

Okay, I'll make my confession here that I always had an urge to do Zed (fruity, obscure, green hair...yea) and I wouldn't mind making Cecilia either (tho I'm better at cosplaying guys than girls). It was just that I didn't want to do either of them solo, and I've never noticed anyone to cosplay the first Wild Arms, so they hadn't gotten to the consideration list before.

Anyway, based on my current level of costume production, I could very probably do one of them by AX - but I honestly have to think if I would have time to actually wear it. (I would definitely have to drop one of my 'secret' costumes I was scheming...but if you guys wanna try to coerce me to group with you, go ahead and give it a try.)

Famira Damaris
03-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Urk...I'm looking at part of Ashley's multiple belts. And I just noticed his leg-coverings have a bunch of buckles. Oo; I'll probably just try to figure something out. I have no idea what I'm doing. ;P

Michi
03-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Oush. I just remembered my friend was Cecilia (in her second outfit) at AX last year.. I wonder if she'd be willing to wear it again for a group.. ^^

Famira Damaris
03-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Urk...I might not be able to do Ashley until a later con. :\ And I was even going to have relatively short (blue) hair too. *snif* Dammit, and I wanted to make his multiple belts. ><

Michi
03-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Do we have any idea for a time? I know it's early, but I'm doing so many costumes that I'm trying to make sure I know how often I'll be changing this year. ^_^;

Studmaster
03-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Well, Friday is most likely out, I have the Suikoden 3 group, and changing is not in the plans. If there is no choice, this will be the date.

Saturday may be a bad day period as everyone will be getting ready for the Masq, making other things bad to plan.

So Thursday and Sunday are the best times for this grouping.

Personally I say Thursday, at 3.

Gallows - Studmaster
Alferd - Michi
Jet or Rody - Nietsche
Ashley Winchester - Farmira Damaris
Yui - Celcila

Still Loads of chracters to take.

Yui
03-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey, so I -am- in this, huh? Okay, well, Cecilia it is then. I guess I need some more girls on my resume there. I'll do her first outfit (before she cut her hair).
Wow...I wish I could do Harken in time...not like anybody would know who she was, tho.

Hey, you know what? This means you've got me for the Otakon group as well. (sneaky...) Why is my name on the character name side, though? Is Cecilia cosplaying me? ^_- Wow.

Michi
03-18-2003, 09:57 PM
How about Sunday? Wild ARMs outfits are usually easy enough to change in/out of for the last day. ^_^;

Ooooh Lady Harken. I wanted to cosplay her someday. :3 I love her. Awesome.

Yui
03-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah, she was definitely one of my first fav female PSX characters. I just think her outfit would be very complicated to construct for what it ends up looking like. (It's very cool but not impressive enough to warrent all the time needed. ^_-) Plus, even if I had someone to be my 'prop' and cosplay Jack, I still don't think too many people would get it.
Oh well, I -can- be a main character instead for once. It's not going to happen very often.

Michi
03-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Cecilia's outfit is neat. I'd cosplay her but I don't like her enough compared to my 520,000 ideas (precisely). Darnit, I want to be Virginia for this group. ;_; I just know I won't have time, though, so Alfred'd be so much easier. >.>

Yui
03-18-2003, 11:08 PM
om....
I forgot this was from -all- the Wild ARMs. O_o
Sorry, everyone, disregard everything I said for previously. I am so doing Kanon, in all her sexy Vincent/Baiken hybrid awesomeness. I mean...I made her boots already (that's the hard part!) I was supposed to do her last year for ACen, but the lil' group fell apart, so I had put her on hold, awaiting the day a new group would come.
I feel so terrible that I seemed to have erased her from my consciousness. :thumbsup: Somehow, when you mentioned "520,000 ideas (precisely)" it jogged my memory somehow. Cuz it got me thinking of my poor little quasi-formed costumes I had sitting in the basement - the ones I had to stop working on previously because I wasn't skilled enough to continue at the time (Aw...now I gotta revive Ghaleon and Tio, too...I have so much invested in them...great...)
Well, the time is now to finish at least of the jobs. No waffly tenativeness now - you're getting yourself a Kanon, Mr. SM. For Otakon too. ^o^

(Um, just let it be known I like the first WA best, and if anyone's terribily dissappointed that I'm not doing Cecelia, I will aim for next year.)

Michi
03-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Hahaha. I love your explaination. XD Yaaaaay!

Studmaster
03-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Yui: Kanon it is! *cheers with Michi*

Alright, current news for Team Wild Arms: Anime Expo.

Wanted List Update

Gallows - Studmaster
Alferd - Michi
Jet or Rody - Nietsche
Ashley Winchester - Farmira Damaris (Tenative, just in case you can acutally make it, you're not bonded)
Kanon - Yui

As for the time of the meeting: We have two choices.

Thursday: 3PM
Sunday: 10 AM
I voted for the first, Michi voted for the later. So anyone else got an opinion between those two times?

Yui
03-19-2003, 05:12 PM
I feel so stupid X_x* Just got caught up with all the...."Hey - Maybe I could do this! Or...that!" that I neglected a project already begun. My mind does silly things.
Whew...well, I feel better. Much less work for me now.

Um, as far as the times, either would be great for me. (It's just if you were looking at *Friday* that throats would have to be slit. ^_-) Right now, I have no conflicts for either, so I won't cast a vote yet.

Michi
03-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Gah, Thursday at 3 pm? I wonder... 'cause I've got.. Legend of Zelda at 12/1 pm, and then.. Izam/Shazna stuff later Thursday evening. ^_^; It would have ot be a quick shoot. o_O; I have to style my hair like crazy for Izam, and I'll be using my real hair for Alfred.

Studmaster
03-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Michi: Thanks for telling me that information. Then Sunday it is. No use to make this a quick half ass group gathering.

Michi
03-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Sunday at 10 am then? I can go tell the AX board's big list-o-gatherin'-times. :D

Studmaster
03-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Go for it, if you already haven't. :D

Well, the time is now set. All we need is some more Cosplayers.

Famira Damaris
03-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Ashley Winchester - Farmira Damaris (Tenative, just in case you can acutally make it, you're not bonded)

I gotcha. :P I'm still going to try. I really want to try the bayonet, but I might wait on that. The only thing I really have to worry about is the belts and arm/leg covers. oO

Michi
03-20-2003, 02:54 PM
I asked to be added to the list. ^^ Yay, perhaps we'll get more people this way! ^_^!

[edit] Oh, do we have a location in mind?

Studmaster
03-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Michi

[edit] Oh, do we have a location in mind?

Hmmmm..Seeing as this is my first time at Anime Expo I have no idea where the good spots are, much less where everything even is. Why don't you give us some good places to meet, and we'll pick from there.

Michi
03-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Either a hotel or convention lobby would probably be best. :F

Studmaster
03-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Convention Lobby I think would be better for people who would want to take pictures.

Michi
03-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Convention Lobby I think would be better for people who would want to take pictures.

I'll post that to the AX board later today. :D *salute*

Nietsche
05-24-2003, 03:40 PM
This thread needs to be boosted methinks!
Do we have any other takers?

nandobaka
05-25-2003, 02:39 AM
I will wear my Clive for Otakon, but not for Expo.
I am going to bring a ton of costumes to Expo and I doubt I can fit him in, also my rifle is still on the East Coast. ^^;;;

I heard something about an Otakon group???

Yui
06-23-2003, 03:31 PM
So...Studmaster...you're not coming to AX now? What of our group? Is it still going on for AX or are we saving it for Otakon now? Or are people just randomly wandering around in misc. WA cosplays with no official meeting? O_o

Michi
06-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Nando, check the Otakon board.. I think the WA group is in there.

I'm not gonna be part of either WA group at Otakon or AX, sadly. ^_^;

Studmaster
06-23-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Yui
So...Studmaster...you're not coming to AX now? What of our group? Is it still going on for AX or are we saving it for Otakon now? Or are people just randomly wandering around in misc. WA cosplays with no official meeting? O_o

We're saving it for Otakon. Sorry I couldn't make it to AX. ;_; You can still have the gathering without me for AX, Yui. Again, I apolgize.

Yui
06-23-2003, 09:20 PM
That's totally okay...best I know in advance before I have another must-bring costume I'll be obsessively nitpicking at the end. Kanon was looking really good, but I didn't get around to her weapons yet, so maybe I'l bring her anyway or maybe I'll just save her for Ota...oh well, I have an option now.
But -I'm- sorry you can't come to AX this year, too -_- If it makes you feel better, I'll let you know that I've started mapping out a massive WA3 costume for some future con. (I have to go find some ~purple~ body paint...hehehe...)