PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Kairi costime!!

_Rosey_Posey_
06-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can help give me some ideas to make Kairi's costume from the first Kingdom Hearts game. I don't know anything about sewing, but my grandma does and she's more than happy to show me.

I was just wondering simple things like, is there any type of fabric that would be best? Or if anyone knows some good patterns for it.

_Rosey_Posey_
06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
I hope someone helps..

Ashurachan
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
For the top I'd say you could easily buy a form-fitting black t-shirt and a white tank top and customize them with bias tape. The shorts/skirt thing would be a bit harder to find premade, but you can use a simple shorts pattern (just look up in the pattern catalog in the store to find the good one) and just add the two skirt panels after ; for the appropriate fabric, basic cotton twill should do, but you may need to use a little interfacing for the bottom of the skirt to keep a nice shape.

_Rosey_Posey_
06-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Thank you so much!

Fallen_Jenova
07-01-2006, 12:53 AM
When I did Kairi I found a pre-made white tank top and just made the under shirt out off a streachy thin cotton.. The top skirt was made from a swim suit cover-up pattern.
For the shorts I would go with something streachy form fitting material, so that the shorts don't make the skirt look funny.

_Rosey_Posey_
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Awesome. I think I'm ready to begin.

[Toshi.Muffin]
07-06-2006, 11:41 PM
I got a pattern with a lowered waistband thing...and...uhms..basically edited it to be the kind-of form fitting shape that Kairi's skirt is! I used a half circle shape for the bottom ruffles and just sharpie-d on the flower pattern. I bought black and white tight tank tops and colored on the purple part with fabric pens. xP I guess you could use like..velcro on little peices of fabric for the armbands. >>;;

kawaii_otaku
07-24-2006, 12:25 PM
What everyone else has said is basically what I did. ^_^ Except I scalloped the edge of my skirt (I didn't realize it was shorts! O_o And after looking at every picture I could find, and watching the FMVs 8 million times...) with my sewing machine, and sharpie-d the flowers on... Bought two tops... Yeah. My shoes were my issue. ^_^

I made rectangular velcroed... things that went around my arms. I got complimented on them. ^_^

_Rosey_Posey_
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Good ideas.