PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con Memories.

Mokomoko-sama
06-30-2006, 10:11 PM
So, I'm psyching myself up for Comic Con this year, and it's kinda difficult to when I haven't even been there once. x.x; Care to tell me your stories? From the cosplay to knocking over a comic stand, all of it! :dance:

KillaKahn
06-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I DON'T HAVE ANY... bbut i will.

DarkReflection
07-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Okay, heres a not so nice memory of Comic-con from me. It was back when the anime NARUTO was considered an underground anime. That year, I was the ONLY Uchiha Sasuke that wasn't hiding from everyone... as I recall there was a total of 2 Sasukes that year. So anyway, I was walking around, lugging a Fumma Shriuken, when all of a sudden... 4 (count them) Sakuras were around me. I am a person who couldn't care much as canon pairings in the series go, but when those girls stared at me and started giggling and blushing... I wish I listened to my gut and ran away, far far away. I was bum-rushed (glomped if you must define it) and was left with a fear of pink haired girls yelling "SASUKE-KUN!!!" for a couple days after. Strange thing, even when I wasn't in costume the next day, they still recognized me. (Some stalked me alittle and one had the courage to compliment me on my anime-ish hair) There's a memory thats been engraved in my head, I'll try and remember some other stuff later.

Breeface
07-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Okay, heres a not so nice memory of Comic-con from me. It was back when the anime NARUTO was considered an underground anime. That year, I was the ONLY Uchiha Sasuke that wasn't hiding from everyone... as I recall there was a total of 2 Sasukes that year. So anyway, I was walking around, lugging a Fumma Shriuken, when all of a sudden... 4 (count them) Sakuras were around me. I am a person who couldn't care much as canon pairings in the series go, but when those girls stared at me and started giggling and blushing... I wish I listened to my gut and ran away, far far away. I was bum-rushed (glomped if you must define it) and was left with a fear of pink haired girls yelling "SASUKE-KUN!!!" for a couple days after. Strange thing, even when I wasn't in costume the next day, they still recognized me. (Some stalked me alittle and one had the courage to compliment me on my anime-ish hair) There's a memory thats been engraved in my head, I'll try and remember some other stuff later.

Whoa. You may have been the one I saw there with the prop, since I cosplayed a few years back when it wasn't that big here yet. I think I gave you a weird look...XD I was Kiba ( there were one other Kiba that I noticed but I was the one that actually had Akamaru popping out of my jacket xD ) And I have a very similar story of being attacked by raving fangirls ...*shiver* ...
There was one Sakura cosplayer in the bunch all the rest of them were just dressed normal. They followed me around giggling...and whenever I turned around they would squeal or shout out in a shrill voice " KIBA-KUN! "
I tried to run from them but that jacket I was wearing was HOT...some ninja I am D: At one point I got surrounded by them and they continued with the giggling and asked me if they could pet Akamaru... and ME.... I said " If you value your hands you'll keep them off me " and growled..... AND THEY SQUEALED AND GIGGLED LOUDER @___@ asdfg;
They need to invent anti Fan Girl repellent ....

Sirhc
07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
SDCC story:

one year i went to SDCC. it was awesome. i spent lots of cash on stuff. i went to some kick ass panels and got to meet some awesome people. The masquerade was awesome, and disney princesses was the greatest performance of the night. Some dudes in Halo armor attacked some dudes in Stormtrooper armor, and then my friends joined the halo guys with their lightsabers. (photo shoot ensued).

oh and by the time i found the booth selling OST's with a cute genie behind the counter they had sold out of the Bubblegum Crisis CVC CD. but i did get the Lain soundtrack.

then i remember something about california having the most complex roads in the history of highways. something about having to get off a highway just to get back on the same highway.

i'm hoping that this year is the same...except the getting lost on the highway part.

ACXchan
07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
This is just for last year, as the year before was also a blast XD I remember chillin' like a villain as Demon Constantine and the Corinthian. I remember doing a little waltz photoshoot with a lovely Mazikeen. I remember going to several panels, finally giggling over Tim Bradstreet, getting a picture with Stuart Townsend, getting a compliment from Val Kilmer, meeting Peter Gross and his s/o, blushing over Brom. It was great memories all around ^ ^

Mokomoko-sama
07-08-2006, 07:14 PM
This is just for last year, as the year before was also a blast XD I remember chillin' like a villain as Demon Constantine and the Corinthian. I remember doing a little waltz photoshoot with a lovely Mazikeen. I remember going to several panels, finally giggling over Tim Bradstreet, getting a picture with Stuart Townsend, getting a compliment from Val Kilmer, meeting Peter Gross and his s/o, blushing over Brom. It was great memories all around ^ ^

Wow that sounds so cool XD!
Well these stories ease my nervous...ness >.>
It sounds like a lot of fun!
Thanks for telling me about it, guys.
I can't believe you got a compliment from Val Kilmer x.x;
Wow. XD
:spinner: