PDA

View Full Version : Felicia or other catgirls

Celine
08-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Hi, I'm hoping to make a catgirl costume in the future, but I think it will involve wearing just about a full-body suit. How does one go about attaching fur to a bodysuit? Is it somehow possible to sew it on, even though it's stretched?

Anybody who's done Felicia will probably have all the answers I need... anyone?? ^^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 11:57 AM
Actually... I don't think most Felicia's use fur on their body suits.... 'cuz I don't think felicia herself has fur on it ^_^ Most catgirls don't have fur on their bodysuits for the most case.... just furry lil paw gloves and feet and neko ears.

Celine
08-06-2002, 12:38 PM
Heh... I've seen plenty of Felicias, and I think all of them have used fur to cover themselves! Otherwise... err... what did you think they had on?? Maybe you aren't thinking of the same Felicia. http://anime-underground.com/anime5/feliciac.jpg

The catgirl I want to do has the same fur-on-bodysuit look... I just need to know how to attach it.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm just dumb >_< Don't mind me hehe, I didn't figure it was actually fur that cosplayers used, instead of just a white bodysuitish bikini deal like a Shiva or Siren would wear.

Cynthia
08-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it fur. No matter how you attach it you'll have to wear the body suit while you're doing it because other wise you won't know how much you need in ea. area of your body-and those things do stretch.

You can try hot glue. Regular industrial strength glue like goop-they sell it at Lowe's and probably Home Depo too. Just ask an attendent they'll know what your talking about. That's all I can really think of maybe somebody who's actually done one can enlighten us-I've never actually made a cat girl suit even thought I plan too in the future.

Nietsche
08-06-2002, 02:01 PM
But I find that most cosplayers use fur for Felicia but it looks wrong...When you see drawings of Felicia it looks so much more smoother..more like velvet...with tufts of fur at the ankles and wrists..if fur is gonna be used then at least make it a fine short hair fur! That's my fur review ladies and gentlemen!

You asked about attaching things to lycra last time...i am wondering if the same principles apply here?
I back stitched vinyl (stretchy) to lycra (also stretchy) by hand and found it kept it's stretch...
If there is fur that has some elasticity to it...does such a thing exist?

Rosiel
08-06-2002, 04:15 PM
If worse comes to worse I am sure someone can hand-stitch it while you're wearing the bodysuit.

Just, as experience proved, don't start screaming about something completely random while it's happening or the person sewing might accidentally jerk and give you another reason to scream. ^___^

Madmann
08-06-2002, 07:57 PM
if your gonna attach fur to a bodty suit id say sew it