PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU like Marilyn Manson

daria_jack
03-06-2003, 07:28 AM
I simply want to know what other people think about Marilyn Manson. Personally they are my favorite band, and I love them. But I know not everyone think that. So what do you think?

BadtzGirl
03-06-2003, 02:17 PM
I have loved enerything they've ever covered. They rest is okay. Every once in a while he can write good lyrics on his own. The music is always so much better than the words.

I put a spell on you was simply amazing and I think is the best version of the song. One of the few covers to be better than the original.

Sakura
03-06-2003, 02:33 PM
I like Marilyn Manson but his music wasn't as good after Mechanical Animals.

supesu otoko
03-06-2003, 05:00 PM
i personally feel he concentrates more on how to get attention/shock people than on making music

peaseblossom
03-06-2003, 05:29 PM
I'll have to agree with Supesu on this.

Some of his music sounds good, but he kinda seems to just want attention. It's almost like he despirately wishes he was Rozz Williams.

KANEDA
03-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by supesu otoko
i personally feel he concentrates more on how to get attention/shock people than on making music

wow, good way to put it.

RoseDuelist
03-06-2003, 08:01 PM
The only song and video I have seen is Tainted Love... and I LOVE IT!! It's a good remake. And that video rocks.

However, I've heard other strange things about him.. *shrug* oh well, he sounds nice and is very talented so who cares what odd stuff he does in his life. ^_^

Shadow Lady
03-06-2003, 09:17 PM
I don't really like him but I like a lot of the music.

Tenshi
03-06-2003, 11:36 PM
The music is okay, but I find Marilyn Manson (the frontman, not the band) to be VERY fascinating. To get into why would involve me writing an entire essay, so I'll leave it at that ^_^.

Ryukku
03-07-2003, 08:28 AM
My personal thought about MM is that he is okay, and not so inot him. And yeah, I agree with you Tenshi, that you find MM the frontman, not the band ^^;; But he's cool ^^

soshi
03-07-2003, 12:30 PM
they/he's done some good songs, and some bad songs. I think Manson's very well spoken, and if he'd stop trying to piss people off and just be a musician he'd be much more successfull.

psythe
03-07-2003, 03:21 PM
I really enjoyed Antichrist Superstar and think it was a good album, but the rest of it I can't really get with.

TyJILDown
03-08-2003, 04:41 AM
I never really got into his stuff, never had the desire to listen to it. What music of theirs I have heard, it was tolerable but still not my cup o' tea.

peaseblossom
03-09-2003, 01:49 AM
Flexei: Yeah, the song off the Matrix sndtrk was pretty cool.

I prolly only like about three or four more of his songs besides that. Though, I did enjoy seeing him in the NIN Downward Spiral vid.--can't remember the title, but it's two tapes long).

OneWinged09
03-11-2003, 07:14 PM
he's alright. his music kicks a$$ though, but as a person..... he's not my type.

Kiyoko-chan
03-16-2003, 11:30 AM
I don't really like his music...it's too much...Some of his music videos are awesome, though. They have great effects. I also like some of his clothes...but some just...*puke*

daria_jack
03-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Im so glad most of you are so openminded about Marilyn Manson and their music. Where I live it's like, "they suck! but I've never heard their music though" thanks ^_^

bANgZ
03-24-2003, 01:37 AM
he's one of my favorite artists. i've been a fan of his from when get your gunn came out, but i stopped after the mechanical animals album release. his music is awesome and his lyrics really make you think. people used to antagonize me for liking him! but i found him to be very inspirational. i heard he has a new bass player. i havent heard any of his new music but i dont think his band is the same without twiggy ramirez

daria_jack
03-24-2003, 09:05 AM
I agree with you there, the band will never be the same without Twiggy Ramirez but I hope that Tim Skold will do a good job. On the latest albums they seem kinda strange, some of their new songs are really cool but some are not that good. Some times when I walk into a room you hear people wispering like bla, bla, bla MARILYN MANSON! It makes me wanna laugh. Sence im one of the only people in my town who like MM, people often look down on me and call me Satan and stuff like that, and a lot of them actually believe it! But I don't care not anymore. Their oldest stuff are definetly the best

bANgZ
03-25-2003, 02:19 PM
i wonder how many times a person asked me, did he get breast implants? or, did he lose a rib so he can perform self oral sex? and the typical, is he gay. he's married (i think) to rose mcgowan so how can he be? people asked me, do you worship the devil? hehe!

i didnt grasp on to holywood much. the only songs i liked were the fight song and guns god and government. i really liked the last tour on earth cd ^_^

daria_jack
03-26-2003, 04:04 PM
He's not married to Rose, right now he's dating fetish model Dita Von Teese. She's in the tainted love video, she's walking down the stairs, she's also on the cover of playboy december 2002

People ask me about the devil thing too, around my town I'm mostly known as Satan, but I don't worship him/her

final testament
03-26-2003, 06:23 PM
I love Marylin Manson. Because "we're all stars now.....in the dope show"!!

NUFF SAID!!

tamahomegurl
03-30-2003, 01:51 AM
i have to say i don't like/listen to marilyn manson's music but i love HIS personality...he's sarcastic and very intelligently funny. i love watching his interviews because his comments are honest and crude at the same time that it's just a real treat - unlike most people out there who are all fake and pretend everything's "all good"....

btw, i love his work on the resident evil movie...^__^...and i would have to agree - his videos are pretty crazy and very different - i find myself just watching it (no matter how "weird" or "disgusting" people say it is)...it's just like i'm a deer just blindly staring at the headlights, unable to look away....

neoangelwink
03-31-2003, 12:12 AM
yes ^_^ he good. like some of his sound. when i tall people i like him the freak out.
dont stand why people werid out when tall like him.

JustinCredible
04-13-2003, 03:01 AM
I'm not a fan. He probably has some insightful lyrics... but the actual music isn't to my liking... I won't say he's untalented, just not my flavour!

daria_jack
04-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Just so everyone knows, they drop their new album The Golden Age of Grotesque on Thuesday May 13th

I can't wait *hoping it won't suck*

mughi3
04-19-2003, 04:56 AM
NO!
to many other great bands i would rather be listening to/seeing.
:devil:

daria_jack
04-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Another thing you should know: They're releasing their new single mOBSCENE tomorrow, Tuesday 22. and Marilyn will be on the cover of Metal Hammer next month I think (maybe later in the U.S.). Metal Hammer gave The Golden Age Of Grotesque 9 of 10

Ryukku
04-21-2003, 07:49 AM
Totally awesome for YOU! But anyway, is the stores open tomorrow here in Norway?

daria_jack
04-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, they open tomorrow I'm gonna run to Amadeus at 9 AM

JustinCredible
04-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by tamahomegurl
i have to say i don't like/listen to marilyn manson's music but i love HIS personality...he's sarcastic and very intelligently funny. i love watching his interviews because his comments are honest and crude at the same time that it's just a real treat - unlike most people out there who are all fake and pretend everything's "all good"....

I loved his interview in 'Bowling For Collingbine'

Wonderfuk
04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
coma white is an awesome song, he's very overated but still good

daria_jack
05-05-2003, 10:05 AM
a little promotion: he's on the cover of Metal Hammer this month, th mOBSCENE single is out now and the album is only one week away

I'm just missing the album YAY

LadyXenie
05-06-2003, 08:24 AM
I like his music...i haven't bought anything after the Holywood album..^_^ My friends don't really care for it that much..But if I'm driving the car...they have no control..haha ^_^

daria_jack
05-19-2003, 06:51 AM
Anyone else got the new album? I got it on the release date last Monday with the bonus DVD. I wasn't amazed -_- I hoped it would be better, but I wasn't expecting it. After Antichrist superstar it's just gone down. I've only listened to it once yet coz I haven't really had an urge to listen to it. The DVD was kinda boring, what does THAT have to do with the making of the album?

I'm going to see Bowling for Columbine on Saturday and I hope he's smart. People say so.

I'm wondering what their next album will be like. It might be really bad...

Ryukku
05-21-2003, 11:12 AM
YUP!!! and maybe not, who knows, afterall. I have just heard SOME songs of Marilyn Manson..

daria_jack
05-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Well you should check out some more. If you haven't heard Antichrist superstar, you haven't heard anything

Skullez
06-17-2003, 11:40 AM
i think he is cool i like his music as well. he is a veary nice and shy person when ya first meat him though but then he kinda opens up. He is more generous and nice then ppl might think.

pakachu420
06-19-2003, 12:42 AM
i love his music but as a person he kinda scares me^^;;

robot face
06-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Yes, I like Marilyn Manson. Coma White is one of my favorite songs. And he does really good covers as well.