PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 07

LorwenShinRa
07-06-2006, 02:32 PM
I know its a little early, but why not? I don't know...

I wanted to see just how many possible FF7 cosplayers are planning on coming! It's so much fun to be in character and hang out with everyone.

I myself am going as Rufus Shin-Ra (Cutting my hair and everything! *big grin*), and wondering how many Kadaj's and Turks will be going, as well as anyone else!

folkeye
07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I've never been to ALA and should really come out for a day. If I do, I can bring Kadaj, and see if my Yazoo is availible for a day :) This con any good? I know its small.

LorwenShinRa
07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow, folkeye!? XD I know you...~~ Awesome DA Artist...and I get to maybe meet you? Wow! *stars in eyes anime style*

But yes, it would be great! And ani magic too maybe? Though I dont know if I'm really going to go to that one and if I do, it will be a simple one like Eva Sparda.

Anyways, that would be wonderful! Then I get to have TWO Kadaj's harrasing me for mother! XD I'll just tell you "Shes in the fountain in the courtyard!" and snicker as you run off. XP

As for ALA, I went their for 06, and it was small, but really nice! There was less variety then AX06, but hopefully it'll be a bit diffrent this year. There was only one Kadaj last year... Y_Y That I saw, at least!

But I still am so eager for it!

folkeye
07-07-2006, 12:50 PM
I'll definately have to come check it out when it comes around then :D I'm for sure going to Ani-Magic though. Have a room for Saturday night so that'll be fun. Perhaps we'll get to meet there, let me know ^_^

Sonsko-chan
07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
If I have the time and energy to make AC Yuffie, I'll go in her. Chances are liukely I won't, but I'll swing by the gathering to take lovely pictures.

CelestialAurora
07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
depending upon what happens, i'll either wear my AC Aerith or Padme. ^^

Reno_kun
07-09-2006, 05:42 AM
if I can make it AC Reno will be there

folkeye
07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I just gotta find out the dates of this con soon :) Do they usually do it on a weekend?

Sonsko-chan
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
ALA is usually Friday-Sunday in January.

folkeye
07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay then, Saturday for me for sure.

folkeye
07-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Okay, since I haven't asked yet and haven't been to this location before. Is there a big obvious place and time we can meet for photos? I'd like to suggest Saturday either early afternoon or evening.

Sonsko-chan
07-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd say to do it by the brick stage between the two buildings. Since FF is always pretty large, that seems to be a good place for it. I'm pretty sure that's where FF 06 was. Inside the hotel is fairly small, unless you've gotten like, two rooms next to each otehr simply for photos. There's a smaller, greener area smack in the center of the Airtel, that's whre the FMA gathering was last year. It's kind of small, so it would be crowded.

The best bet would be the brick stage and the area around it.

kissophelia
07-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I suppose I could make it there as AC Tifa. n_n I live like...4 minutes away, haha.

folkeye
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I'd say to do it by the brick stage between the two buildings. Since FF is always pretty large, that seems to be a good place for it. I'm pretty sure that's where FF 06 was. Inside the hotel is fairly small, unless you've gotten like, two rooms next to each otehr simply for photos. There's a smaller, greener area smack in the center of the Airtel, that's whre the FMA gathering was last year. It's kind of small, so it would be crowded.

The best bet would be the brick stage and the area around it.

Sounds like something big and obvious to find, so thats a good thing. Any thoughts on a time? Not too early I hope for driving purposes.

CuteCosmic
07-19-2006, 01:48 AM
I'll be Tifa (FF: AC)!!! XD

When will we have the Final Fantasy Advent Children gathering? o_o;;

~CuteCosmic~

folkeye
07-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Don't know. Hopefully on Saturday and we can break into different FF groups then.

Sonsko-chan
07-19-2006, 05:17 PM
A time? How about around 3? It gives time for driving and registration stuff. [Plus I could sleep in. xD]

I'll come to take pictures, I may not have AC Yuffie made. ;.;

Vitality
07-22-2006, 06:26 PM
MM....since we have so many Reno's...How about a Rude...Count me in!

Demenita
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
You probebly dont whant more than 1 Kadaj, but if it is ok then I can be Kadaj 2. If not then Its ok.

folkeye
07-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Now why wouldn't we want more than one Kadaj :D ? If there were some sort of rules against duplicates that'd make a lot of people really sad. For gatherings like this you'll have bunches of everybody. Now if it was a private group thing, thats up to the host.

Demenita
07-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Kool!!! Then I will defenetely come as kadaj on that day. Some people are just like "Well we dont whant more then one of eatch Character!" So I was just wondering.

Grey Finch
07-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Well, my 18th birthday is in late January, and I wanted to go to a con around then for my present (yay not having to pay for anything! XD) so if I go (still not 100% but I'm definitely gonna try for it) I'll probably bring my Rufus ShinRa costume. And I'll probably drag along an AC Vincent Valentine too.

Demenita
07-31-2006, 04:35 PM
You look realy good in your Rufus ShinRa costume. cheek out this link plez
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=88728

Ma Moi
08-08-2006, 01:10 AM
I want to go ALA, but I'm not sure if I'm busy or not. I want to go... Anyways, I'm working on Cloud right now, woot. I don't know if I'll be done by then actually. I'm always busy and never have time. It's sad =(

Sonsko-chan
08-08-2006, 01:17 AM
How sad. Speaking of costumes, I shoudl really start work on AC Yuffie. ><;;
Yeek, I have too much to do. [Make Roy Mustang for my bro and possibly Gracia Hughes for my friend, Chise from Saikano, multiple POTC costumes, revamp Elysia Hughes, wig for Padme, vest for Ginny, possibly Nina Sakura from Ultra Maniac for Nissei Week.]

It's scary how much people have to do. ^^;;

Angel Tifa
08-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Well since I'm Tifa at every con, of course I can be there as Tifa depending on if I have a Resident Evil gathering at ALA(I didn't get to go to 06's RE gathering :(). So far I just have a WallMarket Tifa in mind(never debut at a con).

Yes and I agree, 3pm sounds good for a time. Just as long as it's not too early I'm okay with that(my buddies and I like to be night owels and we'd hate to have to get up at 8am if a gatherings at 10am and there where alot of those this years ALA).

Vitality
08-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Ya, I agree. That would be lame to have like...an 8 am gathering. no one would see it anyway. they would all still be sleeping....I mean...Come on. I have never been to ALA? do you think I am going to sleep at night? HECK NO. Party in room 304! (not the real room)

Angel Tifa
08-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Ya, I agree. That would be lame to have like...an 8 am gathering. no one would see it anyway. they would all still be sleeping....I mean...Come on. I have never been to ALA? do you think I am going to sleep at night? HECK NO. Party in room 304! (not the real room)

I'm always up for parties :cheers: :rockon: ! Yeah last years all FF gathering was at like 10 am and that was insane because I always wanted to be up at least past 1am. and have gotten used to staying up past 3 am these days XD.

inuashley
08-16-2006, 05:43 PM
BTW, I know this is a pretty stupid question, but is this a Final Fantasy All gathering, or is it just for FF7?

Ma Moi
08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
BTW, I know this is a pretty stupid question, but is this a Final Fantasy All gathering, or is it just for FF7?
Yo chicky, look at the topic.

Oh, where exactly is the gathering. As in, where at the con is the gathering? (I might've excidentaly read over it)

Sonsko-chan
08-17-2006, 11:44 PM
The plan was sort of to gather out by the brick stage. (Where it was last time, I think), but that was just my idea. Nearby it is some grass and water stuffs, so I thought that'd be a good area. (Plus, it's big., xD)

inuashley
08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Yo chicky, look at the topic.

Oh, where exactly is the gathering. As in, where at the con is the gathering? (I might've excidentaly read over it)

Okaaayy... ^^; I was just sorta confused because everyone seemed to be cosplaying from FF7 and the first post said something about seeing how many FF7 cosplayers are going to show up. Anyway, if i'm correct in assuming this is an FF ALL gathering, I'll be there as Summoner Yuna ^^

folkeye
08-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Well I vote if its not one...just make it a FF All Gathering to start and then we can break off into other groups :)

Vendieh
08-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I will be coming as DoC Lucrecia ^^ (and I'm trying to convince my friend to come as Shaula, so we'll see how that goes *crosses fingers*)

Reno_kun
08-22-2006, 06:39 AM
like always I'm at anything FF7 realted. so I'm there

Sonsko-chan
08-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't think I'll have AC Yuffie done, or even started, by ALA, so I'll just stop by for pictures. Maybe I'll get a suit and be generic Turk # 72.

fma_pwns_u
08-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Lorwen ShinRa (AKA Rufus) wanted to ask you all if anyone would be willing to push her around in her wheelchair on Friday or Sunday. Turks are preferred, but any ShinRa employee would be fine. She'd have asked you herself, but her computer went on strike and refuses to let her online.

I'll be there for sure as Hojo on Saturday. I'm looking forward to collecting DNA samples- I mean, seeing you all there.

Grey Finch
08-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Well, I would volunteer (seeing as one Rufus pushing another Rufus around would be pretty funny) but I don't think we'll be there for Friday and we're leaving in the afternoon on Sunday. (we have to drive across states ><)

PS: I think I might be able to get my friend to come as Turk-version Vincent instead of regular Vincent, but she'd pretty much be glued to my side if that was the case. XD

Vendieh
08-25-2006, 04:06 AM
A turk Vincent you say? :bigtu: My Lucrecia would definately appreciate that^^ *Can picture the cool poses already*

fma_pwns_u
08-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Well, I would volunteer (seeing as one Rufus pushing another Rufus around would be pretty funny) but I don't think we'll be there for Friday and we're leaving in the afternoon on Sunday. (we have to drive across states ><)

PS: I think I might be able to get my friend to come as Turk-version Vincent instead of regular Vincent, but she'd pretty much be glued to my side if that was the case. XD

Hey, that's better than nothing. ^.^ I'll be sure to tell her.

Shachou
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Lorwen ShinRa (AKA Rufus) wanted to ask you all if anyone would be willing to push her around in her wheelchair on Friday or Sunday. Turks are preferred, but any ShinRa employee would be fine. She'd have asked you herself, but her computer went on strike and refuses to let her online.

I'm that Rufus. -raises hand- I just need someone Friday and Sunday, since Saturday I'm Folkeye's Loz! <3 But any ShinRa employee would do, even Scarlet or Palmer. Long as you know how to push a wheelchair.

If no one replies to this turk wanted request, expect to see this poor President with a giant sign reading "SOMEONE PUSH ME ; ; " XD

Sonsko-chan
08-31-2006, 10:38 PM
I'll go find a suit to match the Turks and be generic Turk to push you around. xD

Shachou
08-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Sure, why not?

Any other turks need a shachou, I'm here -bows- Humbly here for your presidential pleasure~

Grey Finch
09-01-2006, 12:18 AM
I'll be here too ;D What's better than one Rufus ShinRa? Two, of course! <3

Speaking of which, is there a certain day we're all gonna meet up on? I think I might be able to make it Friday, but it's still up in the air. I'll probably be able to tell when January actually comes around.

Shachou
09-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Your an inprogress Pip? O.o Must remember to hug you sometime.

Oh right, back on topic.

Pfft! Two Presidents? You are right, nothing better! Aside from we may argue over who gets to be ruler of the world! BWAHAH!

I actually have slightly debated being Before Crisis Rufus for ALA, but now I think I'll just save that for AX07, since I've already got the wheelchair. XD; And it's alright, since you'll probably only get to push me Sunday morn.

So your in game Rufus? Sweet! ; ; I'm going to be wearing the suit underneath my veil, so I could just rip it off and we could walk around twins. XP Though I would want to do as little walking as possible, since I even have the advantage of not having to walk around at all! Which is relief since my last two costumes involved stilleto heels...<<

AH! ONE MORE THING!

Kadaj's are great too to push me. XD; Shachou? <3 You know I wouldn't mind them either. And remember, all of you Kadajs, who has your mommy... >>

Grey Finch
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
XD Hugs are always appreciated. <3

Yeah, if I get the Cap'n done in time (and can convince my buddy to be flashback Alucard) then we might wear it to ALA :D But at the moment it's all still being planned. I'm actually the AC Rufus, because FFVII Rufus' coat would've been a pain in the arse to do in such short notice. XD; I would like to make each variant of Rufus one of these days, when I get the time (and the moneys :0)

Shachou
09-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Aye, I know what you mean.

A little off topic here, but I was considering Enrico myself. But I'm still a newbie to Hellsing, so we'll see. Pip's another possibility. <3

Does this mean you'll have a wheelchair too? XD I got mine last week from one of my mom's disabled friends for free. Its a bit big for me, but more room for people to wheelchair around with me!

Grey Finch
09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Yay off-topic-icity XD Enrico would be way awesome (he was my favorite character for a while :D). Naw, I wouldn't have the wheelchair. I didn't at SDCC, and people would always ask where it was XD I just said "Kadaj stole it" or something similar. Call me crazy, but I just like to walk. XD

Shachou
09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
-points accusing finger- CRAZY!

<<; I'd rather not walk. Not after AX and being Scarlet and a weekend in stilleto heels. Shachou's done with that.

All I have though is Enrico's hair....but it's a start, yush?

Hasu
09-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I am terribly sorry to do this to everyone...but you have another Kadaj on your hands. >.< You may beat me now.

Oh well, this is the only con that's not too hot to wear it at. So...yeah. Expect a bit of revamp-age, and see you all there, I guess. (Wow, I'm planning ahead.)

Lily-chan
09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi y'all, yet another AC Rufus to add to the "Looking for a wheelchair pusher". I might have in game Rufus done by then, but he's below Baldwin IV on the list, so its highly unlikely. Also, does anyone know of a good place to rent a wheelchair, since my Elena/Reno keeps my chair and I don't think she'll be able to come (currently asking very "politely"). Hopefully this wheelchair rental place could be close to the airtel too, since I'm flying in to LAX.

And has anyone noticed that Rufai and Kadajs are like, everywhere? Its cool, but not something I would expect. ^^

Grey Finch
09-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually, I've only seen one other Rufus cosplayer before in person. Other than myself, I mean. XD Kadajees I see everywhere though. Which isn't a bad thing. Much <3 for the Kadajs of the world!

Lily-chan
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I was refering to the fact we have 3 Rufai for a small con gathering (Or was it four? I don't remember, and I have a Museum Studies meeting in a few otherwise I'd look it up). Its really awesome though that he's getting so much loving, I've only seen two other rufai in person, last AX, and one was just a dude wearing white with a white sheet sitting in a wheelchair. The other was really freaking awesome, and I doubt that I could ever be that good a Rufus, but I try (If only I had run out of the dealer hall line and begged for a picture! ><).

But GF, your Jenova box is so awesome, where'd you get the metal plating? (Is in total awe, I thought that was like an official replica. O.o)

Grey Finch
09-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah, that's true XD well, Rufus is just too cool to not be cosplayed by multiple people, I guess!

XD Thanks much! Yeah, a lot of people at SDCC thought it was neat that I had the Mommy-Box, especially with all the Kadaj's runnin' around. <3 Those were some good times right thurr. I got the metal parts from Michael's, I think it was in the scrapbooking section o O I actually just passed by, stopped, and said "Oh, I can use these!" XD Pretty convenient.

Sonsko-chan
09-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Oi, Madre, I mean Lily.
Seeing as I'm planning five zillion costumes at once, I'll search for an appropriate Turkish suit and push your lovely chair if you find one.

Kamasu
09-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Count me in as Cloud.

Lily-chan
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Oi, Madre, I mean Lily.
Seeing as I'm planning five zillion costumes at once, I'll search for an appropriate Turkish suit and push your lovely chair if you find one.

Yay! That means I can alternate Turks! (My sis is suppost to push me around, I just hope she remembers my wheelchair!) And it might be best if you didn't call me mother when pushing me around, lord knows a Kadaj would overhear and then try to steal meh box.

Sonsko-chan
09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Aww, poor you. xDD

Grey Finch
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Err, since I just recently started obsessing over Cid, I might be going as him instead of Rufus. XD In which case my friend will probably be going as normal Vinny instead of Turk Vinny.

starlet_flower
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
i'll most likely be showing up in my original Moogle costume(Moogirl).

redclover
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Might bring AC Tifa if I can finish her in time :hearts: we'll see :3

First time at ALA, but I'm excited to see what's up with this con! A lot of people are going this coming year!

linkluver6
10-29-2006, 10:11 PM
I am doing tifa from advent children

and I set a date for the gathering for ff

so tell me if it should be changed and such

if u wanna make that just the ff7 I will gladly edit my post

linkluver6
11-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Saturday, January 27th
12:00 PM | Final Fantasy Series [Brick Stage]

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

linkluver6
11-06-2006, 12:16 AM
I am bumping this just cuz I want ppl to see it
even though we have a while!

Shachou
11-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Bad news, changed mind last minute (Well, three months before) and Im not going to be Rufus Shin-Ra. Sorry, guys. ^^; I wanted to shoot for something more unique....

linkluver6
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
well there is plenty of unique stuff out there!!!

Shachou
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Yup! :3 Being Sparda seems unique and fun enough for me. Monocle! ._o <3

linkluver6
11-10-2006, 03:16 AM
plus there are always ff 7 people too

mysticpotatoheadgirl
11-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I might show up as either AC Cloud or AC Tifa and my friends probably gonna be kadaj.

Ma Moi
11-22-2006, 12:40 AM
I think i already posted this, but i might go as Cloud. I just won't be able to have the armor by then. It's such a PAIN! And there's no way i'm bringing my sword. Saving that baby for AX. If i make it to the gathering, then i make it. If i don't, catch me at AX.

iaShakezula
12-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I am going to give Sephiroth a rest this time.I was him last year though

kabuki_KILLER
12-05-2006, 07:01 PM
I still really can't decide which of my pending costumes to wear and finish by then. If I manage to do Yaz by then, sure I'm game. I still need to get my hair trimmed and dyed. :reverse:

Hey, be nice to the game newbie. :bigcry: XD

linkluver6
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
hey hey whatver u do is kewl!
a yaz would be sweet

kabuki_KILLER
12-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Any idea what we'd do at the gathering? Should I bring tissues for Kadaj(s) and Loz (if we can find one)?

Meh. I don't mind doubling or tripling up on characters. I'm not insecure or anything and this is just for fun. I guess if you have more than one, you can always alternate.

Hooray for the Moogle cosplayer. :bigtu: I am looking forward to seeing that.

fma_pwns_u
12-06-2006, 01:36 AM
If someone brings a Jenova Box, we can always play hot potato. XD
(I have such respect for other people's props.)

Still planning on coming as craptastic Hojo. Prepare to be spliced! *pose*

Lily-chan
12-07-2006, 03:37 AM
I should have my mommy box done by then (whether it survives the flight out, we'll never know) and it should be able to do hot potato. I'm thinking of keeping tissues in it. (Get it, like recovered Jenova tissue! XD Bad joke, I know. ^^0)

kabuki_KILLER
12-07-2006, 03:49 AM
:bigcry: Poor mother...

Lily-chan
12-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Its okay, its a strong box... Your mum'll be fine! ^.^

linkluver6
12-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Any idea what we'd do at the gathering? Should I bring tissues for Kadaj(s) and Loz (if we can find one)?

Meh. I don't mind doubling or tripling up on characters. I'm not insecure or anything and this is just for fun. I guess if you have more than one, you can always alternate.

Hooray for the Moogle cosplayer. :bigtu: I am looking forward to seeing that.

I wanted to take a pic a sephiroth
and have tifa holding cloud's sword while cloud is dead on the floor
and make it funny
but I dk

and oh yeah
since it is the 10th year anniversary of the game
perhaps a sign should be made
I was planning on making one for fanime
so
should I make a big sign for this one too?
i figure we can all get a pick holding it
since it has been 10 YEARS
I can't beleive it
I still remember the first time I played it heh ehe

Elendriel
12-07-2006, 05:37 PM
This con is still tentatively scheduled, so I hope I can end up coming

Most likely I shall be there!

I will be:

Penelo and Fran from FF12 :D

kabuki_KILLER
12-08-2006, 02:49 AM
@linkluver6: I'm not cosplaying Sephy, so I'm not sure why you quoted me. Lol. I mean, I think he's a gorgeous character, but I could not do him any justice, or at least not the right justice.

Oh and yes, a sign would be nice. I actually thought a big banner for it and have us all hold it up would be nice. =P

Lily-chan
12-08-2006, 01:46 PM
since it has been 10 YEARS
I can't beleive it
I still remember the first time I played it heh ehe

OMG! 10 years?! Wow! (That means the computer version came out like 3 or 4 years after the original I guess, since I started playing FF7 in 6th grade, not 2nd! XD I couldn't even read in second grade, if only they had FF7 in the reading lab instead of Oregon Trail... lol)

linkluver6
12-08-2006, 02:31 PM
@linkluver6: I'm not cosplaying Sephy, so I'm not sure why you quoted me. Lol. I mean, I think he's a gorgeous character, but I could not do him any justice, or at least not the right justice.

Oh and yes, a sign would be nice. I actually thought a big banner for it and have us all hold it up would be nice. =P

I didnt mean I was quoting you
I actually might have a friend doing sephiroth
I didnt mean I assumed you were doing it
I was just talking it over with my friend
and we thought that would be a funny pic
sorry for the confusion

yeah I figure it would be fun to get the 10th anniversary
sign
I had the computer version and the ps1 version both
so I remember the computer version
heh good times

Sonsko-chan
12-09-2006, 02:44 AM
-dances-
I'm so glad that Turks are so easy to make. ^^-

linkluver6
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah the turks are a good choice too
cuz there are so many of them

Hazel Chaz
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
If you think you're going to be up late and noisy, we can help. After you've made your reservation, PM me with your confirmation # and tell me you want your room to be put in the "party block." This way we can put all the noisy rooms in one place, a long way away from anyone who wants to get up in the morning and might complain about the noise.

linkluver6
12-12-2006, 03:21 AM
If you think you're going to be up late and noisy, we can help. After you've made your reservation, PM me with your confirmation # and tell me you want your room to be put in the "party block." This way we can put all the noisy rooms in one place, a long way away from anyone who wants to get up in the morning and might complain about the noise.

that is an awesome idea! I have never done a block party cuz I am still a noob

the gathering is at 12 pm on a saturday right between 2 other gatherings

call_me_canada
12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I'll be trying to come as the Fayth kid from FFX, but it just depends on my sewing skills and how well things go. I hope to finish the costume by then though. Hooray!

fight the final fantasy 7 power! go FFX . . . .haha ok ya, I'm done. I'm glad this turned out to be an all Final Fantasy gathering. Now I won't just be wandering around.

linkluver6
12-14-2006, 12:41 AM
I'll be trying to come as the Fayth kid from FFX, but it just depends on my sewing skills and how well things go. I hope to finish the costume by then though. Hooray!

fight the final fantasy 7 power! go FFX . . . .haha ok ya, I'm done. I'm glad this turned out to be an all Final Fantasy gathering. Now I won't just be wandering around.

ff7 is gunna be EVERYWHERE
cuz its the 10th year anniversary!
hee hee

call_me_canada
12-14-2006, 12:49 AM
lol FF7 is everywhere no matter if it is the 10th anniversary =P

Sonsko-chan
12-14-2006, 12:58 AM
FFVII is my personal favorite, simply because it's the one I know the most about. ^^;;
One day I swear I will be AC Yuffie, but for now, Turk=love.

linkluver6
12-14-2006, 04:47 PM
lol FF7 is everywhere no matter if it is the 10th anniversary =P

yeah true it will be around forever
I just hope more people participate this year
just cuz of the anniversary

linkluver6
12-14-2006, 04:48 PM
FFVII is my personal favorite, simply because it's the one I know the most about. ^^;;
One day I swear I will be AC Yuffie, but for now, Turk=love.

well the turks I like better than yuffie
though yuffie's ac outift is really cute
it would be fun to do

my fav ff will always be 4

but I am excited about this gathering!!!!

HatakeNeko
12-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Yay for Final Fantasy!!
Since this is a FF all gathering, can we schedule FFxii and FFxiii groupie far away so I have time to change within a reasonable amount of time?

For ALA, I am trying to squeeze in Ashelia from FFxii and Lightning from FFxiii if all things come through.

Hopefully it'll get warmer in January ..... ><""

Just a side note: I went to AX '06 as AC Yuffie :D
(I was kinda disappointed at the scarce number of Vincent)

Angel Tifa
12-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Sorry this took so long to get back to ya guys, but odds of me making it to ALA are thin because of being broke after X-mas and entering a new college semester. Sorry guys, but I'll have to sit this one out :(.

folkeye
12-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Well I guess I will be pulling out of this gathering for this con. But I will probably still be around taking pictures :D Will have a different costume for this con out of comforts sake. Kadaj will appear again in April.

anonymous_proxy
12-23-2006, 03:21 AM
bringing an Advent Tifa and hopefully, me, my Cid, a Cloud, and my Reno will make it to the gathering~

linkluver6
12-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Sorry this took so long to get back to ya guys, but odds of me making it to ALA are thin because of being broke after X-mas and entering a new college semester. Sorry guys, but I'll have to sit this one out :(.

I understand that
luckily for me
I am doing a community college thing
but yeah classe and books arent cheap

Lily-chan
12-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I understand that
luckily for me
I am doing a community college thing
but yeah classe and books arent cheap

If you're just in a community college then you are lucky. This semester's books at my university= entire cosplay budget for this year excluding Baldwin since he has his own budget. I miss community college... I'm just glad I'm not a premed or science major, their books cost like two or three times as much as mine. I'm so happy my weird little major isn't considered science. ^^0

linkluver6
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
If you're just in a community college then you are lucky. This semester's books at my university= entire cosplay budget for this year excluding Baldwin since he has his own budget. I miss community college... I'm just glad I'm not a premed or science major, their books cost like two or three times as much as mine. I'm so happy my weird little major isn't considered science. ^^0

yeah I am doing the film major so I am okay on that
but yeah medical books are damn expensive

I am making my own savings for cosplay

thankfully for anime la
I am just using my tifa outfit again:rockon:

reusing outfits is wonderful
no pressure

Ma Moi
01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
oof, i'm not even in college yet. I know that i'm gonna be one of those poor college students =P bleh, oh well. I have some time to enjoy myself before hand.

anyways, i don't even know if i'm going to do cloud for this gathering.... i definately won't have the armor done and i'm working on the wig. i could go as cloud but armorless. My bf was going to let me borrow his costume parts when i go as cloud and vice versa since we're both going to go as cloud when the other isn't cloud... umm, hope that made sence... the thing is that i really want to be cloud for this gathering... bleh, idk. Hopefully it'll work out. Welp, see everyone there!

Sonsko-chan
01-05-2007, 03:22 AM
:3 Ma Moi, that's why I love pledging myself as a Turk...Although I ought to start work on that...>>;

linkluver6
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
oof, i'm not even in college yet. I know that i'm gonna be one of those poor college students =P bleh, oh well. I have some time to enjoy myself before hand.

anyways, i don't even know if i'm going to do cloud for this gathering.... i definately won't have the armor done and i'm working on the wig. i could go as cloud but armorless. My bf was going to let me borrow his costume parts when i go as cloud and vice versa since we're both going to go as cloud when the other isn't cloud... umm, hope that made sence... the thing is that i really want to be cloud for this gathering... bleh, idk. Hopefully it'll work out. Welp, see everyone there!

hey if you come without armor that is still awesome~
I mean everyone knows Cloud and advent children so they should know
well eitherway
i mean u can always come as yuna just because
I love mixing games and anime for pics
whatever you wanna do

but yeah its in 3 weeks
and I am like D'oh!

Ma Moi
01-06-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah, i'm definately taking my Yuna costume with me. I have 3 costumes..... kinda.... Cloud, Yuna, and some random school girl thingy. Don't think that one counts that much =P

Aya Frost
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Does AC count as well? I've just started on my AC Yuffie, but I'll probably finish it in time, so I'll bring it with me.

Sonsko-chan
01-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Does AC count as well? I've just started on my AC Yuffie, but I'll probably finish it in time, so I'll bring it with me.
Yes'm. :3 I was gonna do AC Yuffie, but don't have time. ^^; Turks are easy. [Gorramit! I keept calling stuff easy. First Inty, now this!]

Breeface
01-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Just an FF7 gathering?
Oh boo...Zidane shall be shunned ; ;

Sonsko-chan
01-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Just an FF7 gathering?
Oh boo...Zidane shall be shunned ; ;
Drop by and veeseet us anyways. :3

Suzushichan
01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
if my friend chris gets his stuff done in time, he'll be there as cloud

Anele
01-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, did you want to put your gathering on the Gathering List? Just wanted to make sure.

And Breeface, there is a generic Final Fantasy series gathering on Saturday @ 12 Noon. Yay for FF9 cosplay ^_^

Breeface
01-06-2007, 08:51 PM
And Breeface, there is a generic Final Fantasy series gathering on Saturday @ 12 Noon. Yay for FF9 cosplay ^_^

Oh I didn't even notice that.
When I see Final Fantasy I guess I automatically tack a 7 onto the end of it since that's the FF that alot of people seem to cosplay.
And I just now realised that the name of this thread is Final Fantasy 07 Like 2007. I was fooled by all the people talking about FF7 on here.

anonymous_proxy
01-06-2007, 11:15 PM
When I see Final Fantasy I guess I automatically tack a 7 onto the end of it since that's the FF that alot of people seem to cosplay.
And I just now realised that the name of this thread is Final Fantasy 07 Like 2007. I was fooled by all the people talking about FF7 on here.

yeah, i thought the same thing :T like 2007 thing rather than just FF7

Anele
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM

Wait a minute... so this is the full Final Fantasy series thread? I was confused too!

*checks first post* No, wait... Lowren is only talking about the numeral VII. Did this turn into a generic gathering?

Sonsko-chan
01-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Wait a minute... so this is the full Final Fantasy series thread? I was confused too!

*checks first post* No, wait... Lowren is only talking about the numeral VII. Did this turn into a generic gathering?

I was under the impression that it did. :x

anonymous_proxy
01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
i have no idea anymore D: but i feel bad for all the non FFVII cosplayers D:

Breeface
01-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Everyone going except for me will be in FF7 cosplay anyway so I guess it is a FF7 gathering. *shrug*

Zidane might just have to show up to steal all the ladies from Cloud :]

i have no idea anymore D: but i feel bad for all the non FFVII cosplayers D:
Feel bad? Why?
If anything, if I go, I'll stand out since I won't be from FF7. And standing out is okay with me~huhuhu

Anele
01-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Breeface, I wish my Fratley and/or Dan weren't retired, I'd so cosplay FFIX with you -_-

Sonsko-chan
01-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Breeface: Lemme just pretend there's Turks everywhere. :3 [Are they actually?]

Grey Finch
01-08-2007, 01:01 AM
@Bree: Hey, I told you I'd do an Amarant with yer Zidane one of these days 8D

I just think... three weeks isn't enough time to pull that together. XD;

Breeface
01-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Breeface, I wish my Fratley and/or Dan weren't retired, I'd so cosplay FFIX with you -_-
Aw booo! I saw them in your gallery. Looks like they were kickin! :]

Breeface: Lemme just pretend there's Turks everywhere. :3 [Are they actually?]

If there were Turks everywhere I'd have alot of them as slaves shoved in my closet... I mean...I'd invite them over for dinner...;D

@Bree: Hey, I told you I'd do an Amarant with yer Zidane one of these days 8D

I just think... three weeks isn't enough time to pull that together. XD;

I bet you could do it. You are like a cosplay machine xD; Every one cosplay I have you have like 3 haha. But it might not turn out as well as you'd want it to. You could try it if you had everything else done and were bored xD;
RED MOP HEAD IS GO! 8D
Now all I have to do is pester Kris to get her Garnet dress done >:0

CelestialAurora
01-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, I'm trying to get a Lucrecia costume together, so if I get that done in time then I'll be wearing that to the gathering. ^^

Breeface, are you wearing Zidane to AX? I need a Zidane that I can glomp in my Garnet costume! XD

Breeface
01-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Breeface, are you wearing Zidane to AX? I need a Zidane that I can glomp in my Garnet costume! XD

I won't really know what I'll be wearing until the con gets closer since I have alot of group cosplays I am doing with people but if I am I'll let ya know or hopefully I'll see you there :]

Grey Finch
01-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh, if I did Amarant, I'd totally go all out. xD And I'd make it work! Have some faith in me Breebree! <3

(psst I can't wait for AX man @_@)

Lily-chan
01-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Its looking like this Rufus will have a wheelchair! Yay! Now I just have to find the material for Rufus's vest and paint the mommybox. ^o^ (That's if I can stop laughing at the Hobbit house on TV, only in SoCal man...)

But anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll wear my Cait Sith catgirl on Sunday too, if its not too cold. Since Cait Sith is fun. ^.^

Breeface
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Oh, if I did Amarant, I'd totally go all out. xD And I'd make it work! Have some faith in me Breebree! <3

(psst I can't wait for AX man @_@)

Oh I have faith in you dude. I already said you're a cosplay machine xD
I don't see how you do it sometimes. CRAZZAAY. KUDOS <3

( I can't wait for July PERIOD x] )

Shachou
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Ha!

Turns out I will probably be attending this gathering as Scarlet xD BWAHHAHAH.

...right.

You guys may remember me from Anime Expo and Ani Magic....>>; Yeah. So I'll see if I can make it, ne!

Ma Moi
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey, since this is an all round FF gathering, i'll bring my Yuna instead of cloud. I'm bringing Cloud for some yaoi gathering. hahaahaha!!! Anyways, see you guys there!

folkeye
01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Well I won't be able to be a part of this gathering but if there are any Kadaj's that need a sword for some photos I can bring mine :) (the nice wooden one). Like I said, I won't be a part of the gathering but heck if I won't be there to take photos :) So when and where is this again... I can't dig through the post right now.

Aya Frost
01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I am once again,switching costumes! I tend to do this a lot ^^> I'll be bring my re-make of my old Rydia costume... hopefully! ^___^> Go FF4!

Lily-chan
01-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Its Saturday at noon last I checked...

Oh, and a silly idea came up (invovling the words suave two in one shampoo, Jenova and mommybox), so it'd be wonderful if people could bring like, any extra travel/trial/hotel sized shampoos and gel soaps, especially if they are blue, blue green, green, or teal. XD

Sonsko-chan
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I can run over to WalMart and get five bazillion travel sized soaps and stuff for you. :3

Lily-chan
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
You are the best daughter ever! But I don't need a billion, probably just between 12-20, since I plan on keeping tissues and aspirin in the mommy box too (I love handy props! ^.^)

Sonsko-chan
01-12-2007, 07:05 PM
'Kay. I'll go over to WalMart next weekend when I'm with my mom [or if I can get a ride this weekend] and get some for you. Do you want both soap and shampoos, or just one?

AngieRikku
01-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll be going as DoC Yuffie. Does that count?

Elendriel
01-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Is there anyone planning on coming as Ashe from FFXII? I've got my Rasler cosplay lol I'm debating on bringing

linkluver6
01-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I'll be going as DoC Yuffie. Does that count?

oh yah of course!

I havent seen any DOC
though I know someone doing Chaos
but not for al

but yes go DOC! woot!

Lily-chan
01-16-2007, 03:38 AM
'Kay. I'll go over to WalMart next weekend when I'm with my mom [or if I can get a ride this weekend] and get some for you. Do you want both soap and shampoos, or just one?

Whatever you want to get/whatevers cheapest, and preferably blue. ^.^

linkluver6
01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
alright after the gathering some one has gotta karaoke one winged angel
advent children style with me!!
the last two cons I have been too I did it solo
it would be nice to have a group!
makes it a little easier to sing ha!

noli manere manere in memoria
sephiroth!!!!:rockon:

Lily-chan
01-17-2007, 10:56 AM
If my Elena makes it, then we'll be singing the Rufus Welcoming Ceremony song, since that is one fun song, and its been stuck in my head since half way last semester. @.@

linkluver6
01-19-2007, 09:53 PM
If my Elena makes it, then we'll be singing the Rufus Welcoming Ceremony song, since that is one fun song, and its been stuck in my head since half way last semester. @.@

ha ha!
wonderful!
go karoake!

Angel Tifa
01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
As it turns out, my friend has offered me to go to ALA with her, so it look's like I'll be coming as AC Tifa. See ya there ^^.

linkluver6
01-20-2007, 09:13 PM
woot!

1 more week woot!!!!

go Tifa!!!

fma_pwns_u
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Karaoke sounds great!
Is anyone bringing a soundtrack (or two)?
With only one week to go, I'll need as much time as I can get to steal my brother's iPod.
XD

ThePinkPanther
01-21-2007, 10:17 PM
My cloud and I will be there.

linkluver6
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Karaoke sounds great!
Is anyone bringing a soundtrack (or two)?
With only one week to go, I'll need as much time as I can get to steal my brother's iPod.
XD

I am bringing my IPOD with the song
so we are okay there

any other songs I can add though hee hee! this week!

SupikaStaru
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello there...I was just browsing through here and noticed the multitude of FF7 cosplayers. It is a perfect year for FF7 cosplay, it being 2007! ^_^ (I know, I'm a dork). I was also wondering if anyone will be bringing FF12 cosplay? I look forward to photographing this gathering!

Elendriel
01-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello there...I was just browsing through here and noticed the multitude of FF7 cosplayers. It is a perfect year for FF7 cosplay, it being 2007! ^_^ (I know, I'm a dork). I was also wondering if anyone will be bringing FF12 cosplay? I look forward to photographing this gathering!

If all goes well and if luck has it that I manage to go :P, then I will be bringing Lord Rasler :)

fma_pwns_u
01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I am bringing my IPOD with the song
so we are okay there

any other songs I can add though hee hee! this week!
Definitely one of the Chocobo songs.
Joseph Blanchette's (AKA Legendary Frog) Chocobo Remix is always fun to sing and/or dance to.
:'D

linkluver6
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Definitely one of the Chocobo songs.
Joseph Blanchette's (AKA Legendary Frog) Chocobo Remix is always fun to sing and/or dance to.

oh yah I got chocobo already

a couple different versions I know I have

and yah I can try getting the remix cuz I dont believe I have that one

Reno_kun
01-23-2007, 07:29 PM
oh yeah I'll be bringing my AC Reno!

starlet_flower
01-24-2007, 12:22 AM
oh yeah I'll be bringing my AC Reno!

*glompage* lmao! gee, why am i not surprised?

anyways, it looks like i'm sticking with my Moogle girl costume. i had hoped to get FFVII Yuffie done, but i sorta...put off on it.

linkluver6
01-24-2007, 02:25 PM
*glompage* lmao! gee, why am i not surprised?

anyways, it looks like i'm sticking with my Moogle girl costume. i had hoped to get FFVII Yuffie done, but i sorta...put off on it.

ha ha me 2
my main costume for this weekend I am doing like 60 percent of it today

I actually had the time to make a new tifa costume
since the first one I bought for pmx since I didnt have the time
and I still didnt make one
I am just too lazy

but I havent forgotten about the sign
I am actually going to make that saturday morning so I am very behind

Breeface
01-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Is everyone reeaadddyyyy? x]
Just 2 more days. ( 3 for those who are coming Sat.? xD )
STILL. Getting closeeeeee.
I just packed up Zidane in my bag he's all ready to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! :]

Lily-chan
01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I for one am so not ready, Rufus is almost done, just need to do something to hold his vest closed, it may very well be safety pins, but my main issues are prop transport this year. That's what I get for wanting to have a keyblade for an out of state convention. So worth it though.

Can't wait to see everyone though, I know it'll be a blast!

Reno_kun
01-25-2007, 08:41 AM
alright I'm leaving, see everyone there!!!!

FlowerOfThCourt
01-25-2007, 12:26 PM
It's kinda late now since many people have already left but, I'll be coming as FFX Rikku. (Maybe) I can bring my Ipod too I have a couple FF songs on it. This looks like its gonna be fun.

Breeface
01-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I can't really bring any big weapon like props with me cause I am taking a train.
One for it being a hassle to carry around and two them PROBABLY not letting me on the train with it xD;
Or else I'd bring my Butterfly Sword prop for Zidane. Oh well. x]

fma_pwns_u
01-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Eek, I'm so excited!
Only two more days...
*flops over*
Can't wait to see you all there!

linkluver6
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
It's kinda late now since many people have already left but, I'll be coming as FFX Rikku. (Maybe) I can bring my Ipod too I have a couple FF songs on it. This looks like its gonna be fun.

YAH! I am totally excited

this is the first gathering I have ever helped organize so I am little nervous
I hope everything goes smoothly!

fma_pwns_u
01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
YAH! I am totally excited

this is the first gathering I have ever helped organize so I am little nervous
I hope everything goes smoothly!
Don't worry, I'm sure everything will go well and we'll all have a great time.
Worst case scenario: We all explode from having too much fun.

Angel Tifa
01-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Because this gathering is scheduled the same time as the Resident Evil gathering, I won't be attending this FF gathering. Sorry guys : (. Have fun though.

kabuki_KILLER
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
I hate being sick D:

I didn't get to finish my costume, so I won't be joining you guys. Hopefully at Anime Expo I will have the fortune of meeting you all in our FF7 gear.

Later days!

Sonsko-chan
01-27-2007, 09:02 PM
:D It was fun. :3 I enjoyed my ohsowonderful pink scarf o doom.<3

FlowerOfThCourt
01-28-2007, 06:45 PM

Ehhh. Sorry guys It was close but I conldn't finish Rikku on time. :'( Oh well I hope I can see all of you at another gathering.:bigtu:

Angel Tifa
01-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I hate being sick D:

I didn't get to finish my costume, so I won't be joining you guys. Hopefully at Anime Expo I will have the fortune of meeting you all in our FF7 gear.

Later days!

Sorry to hear that :(. Yeah I just so happened to get sick during the con which sucked, but I felt better the next day.

I hope you guys got good pics :D. Sorry I couldn't make it, but perhaps if the RE gathering isn't scheduled the same the as the FFVII or FF gatherings, I'll be joining you guys at AX. Alot of you may have seen me today cosplaying AC Tifa, or Friday as Wallmarket Tifa. That was still a blast cosplaying both.

Take care.

Shachou
01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh ho, I had fun too!

Slapping Tifas~ <333 -Cackle-

Though Im going to retire Scarlet, I think. I've had quite enough of that dress. It's evil.

And I keep getting taller, and that damned slit up the leg keeps getting higher up... o_<

fma_pwns_u
01-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I can't even begin to say how much fun I had being pummeled by all of you.
<3
Tifa, I've got somewhere around 200 photos to upload, so expect a link to my gallery this evening.
Hope to see you all next year!

Lily-chan
01-29-2007, 05:28 PM
So, it turns out I didn't take a single picture with my camera. XD But I had loads of fun, I'll miss my Scarlet daaaaaaaaaarling but I understand ze retiring. Hope everyone else is basking in the "after con glow".

linkluver6
01-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh ho, I had fun too!

Slapping Tifas~ <333 -Cackle-

Though Im going to retire Scarlet, I think. I've had quite enough of that dress. It's evil.

And I keep getting taller, and that damned slit up the leg keeps getting higher up... o_<

so you slapped me??
ha ha after you did it it took me a second to remember it
sorry about that
but then in my head I was like ooooh scarlet duh!
nice in character
if only I knew how to do the dolphin kick....

anyways I had a blast
I feel bad for the non ff7 who werent in it as much
and I didnt want to be in too many pictures either
so I apoligize for everyone who walked away angry or upset

but it was one of the highlights of this con for me
thanks guys! I hope to see you all at upcoming ff gatherings

Reafu
02-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Was awsome you guys are we doing one next year?
Hi, I was AC Vincent I was running around with Tifa/Young Link most of the time.

linkluver6
02-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Was awsome you guys are we doing one next year?
Hi, I was AC Vincent I was running around with Tifa/Young Link most of the time.

ahhhh! ITS VICENTO!

of course we gotta always have ff7

i will probably just bring my girly cloud:rockon:
I did the big spike on my wig last night hee hee