PDA

View Full Version : Blue-haired Males

kuko-chan
07-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out. Seems every time I try to think a characters based on their hair colour alone, I get stumped. So I'm looking for a little help getting ideas of my next cosplay.

The thing is, most, if not all of my previous cosplays have been females wearing skirts or dresses and I'm actually not a big fan of skirts (don't ask me why I chose them in the first place) so I'm looking for a cosplay with pants.

Also, by late August, I'll be dying my hair blue, so I figured I may as well cosplay a blue-haired male. Pants are guaranteed! XD

So requirements:
-Blue hair (or something close, like fade purple, bluish-grey, etc)
-Shoulder length, maybe a bit longer
-Could be female, for all I care, but it must have PANTS

Last note, just because I'm posting this in the anime subforum doesn't mean I'm limiting myself to just anime. If there's any video game/manga/j-rock/sci-fi/etc characters with long blue hair, please point them out to me. But remember.... PANTS! >.<

Thanks!

Kuro Yue
07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
The only one I can think of that meets your requirements is Sora Hashiba from Sukisho. I'd suggest Satoshi Hiwatari from DNAngel, but he's got the typical short boy cut with long bangs.

vampirate
07-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Hrm, this is tricky. You might could get away with Ruka from Utena.

TR Rose
07-07-2006, 02:16 PM
James/Kojiro from Team Rocket (Pokemon) fits the description - shoulder-length bluish/purplish hair. Very recognizable.

An obscure character would be 2k-kun from OS-Tans. The guys aren't as well-known as the girls, but he does have pants. Female 2k-chan is more recognizable but she basically wears a one-piece swimsuit with a jacket so that's out for the pants-less-ness. :)

RevGirl
07-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Hrm, this is tricky. You might could get away with Ruka from Utena.

That'd be cool, I don't see many Rukas...or you could be Miki from the Utena movie. I think his hair is longer in that version and his outfit is pretty cool...

LaRae
07-07-2006, 02:59 PM
The trick with Ruka is his hair is actualy two-toned. It's a deep blue with a sky blue streak in the front. Also, inthe back, it's rather choppy and short, and it's only long in the front. And Movie Miki's hair is indeed darker and longer, but not by much. It's still a standard pixie cut, just with some locks reaching down his neck. I really think James/Kojiro from Pokemon sounds a lot like the hair you're describing. Also, Jou Kido from Season 2 of Digimon fits the bill.

kuko-chan
07-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll seriously consider Ruka since it's got just the right amount of detail to be a challenge. Someone in another forum suggested Kula Diamond from King of Fighters, so I'm doing that one for sure. Thanks for all the suggestions! :D

Asagi-syndrome
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
first one that I got in my mind was Yukimura from Samurai deeper Kyo. If I remember right, he has blue hair

Tia
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Maiku in Please Twins had blue/purple hair, but it's short.

dark_mousy
07-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Most of my suggestions have already been mentioned (Sora and Satoshi) but there is also George from Paradise Kiss. But his hair might be a little bit too short. :x

Kasemei
07-08-2006, 03:07 AM
blue shoulder length hair SOOOO TOTALLY ATHRUN ZALA FROM GUNDAM SEED/Gundam SEED Destiny. XD hehe yup I'm a total Athrun fangirl! ^^ I can get you pics if you'd like or you can google him!

Raouken
07-08-2006, 09:49 AM
How about Legato Bluesummers from Trigun? He has blue hair, a little bit longer than shoulderlength and I've never seen him in a dress..XD plus he's a villain and awesome and has an amazing costume..

Koronue
07-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Well, I don't really know how long your hair is, but you can do that guy from Princess Princess. My apologies, but I don't know his name. >.< I know half the time he is dressed up as a girl, but since he is really a boy I know that he at least has a school uniform, or perhaps some manga versions of him with pants. Good Luck! ^^

Cora
07-08-2006, 10:41 PM
blue shoulder length hair SOOOO TOTALLY ATHRUN ZALA FROM GUNDAM SEED/Gundam SEED Destiny. XD hehe yup I'm a total Athrun fangirl! ^^ I can get you pics if you'd like or you can google him!

I second Athrun, only because I'm a fangirl too XD *points to title beneath username*

Gogglegirl
07-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Oshitari Yuushi from Prince of Tennis....he's got longish blue hair. So if you feel like carrying around a Tennis racket....

Yunri-Chan
07-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, the only person I can think of who hasn't been mentioned is Maester Seymour (http://images.google.com/images?q=Maester+Seymour&hl=en) from FFX. But his hair's like woo.... aka a lightning bolt... so it'd be better to just get a wig. lol

kyokia
07-09-2006, 02:57 AM
First one I thought of was Folken from Escaflowne. He's got a pale blue mullet XD
Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Tifa Lin
07-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Agito/Akito from Air Gear

_goodweather
07-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Agito/Akito from Air Gear

That's what I thought too.

Loran Cehack
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Camille Vidan/Kamille Bidan from Zeta Gundam. His hair's a little shorter, though.

ChibiTifa05
07-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Louie from Rune Soldier has long blue hair to his waist. ^^

vampirate
07-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Back to Ruka, true it is two lenghts and all that but if you really want to use your own blue hair maybe you could just pull back the part that would normally be shorter into a low ponytail, which would probably look good on him anyways.

Michi
07-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Males
- Kite from .hack (kinda more turquoise than blue but whatever)
- Ukyo Tachibana from Samurai Shodown
- Trunks from Dragon Ball Z (more purpley but okay)

Females
- Hijiri Kirishima from AIR
- Kozue Kaoru from Shoujo Kakumei Utena (has pants in her Black Rose costume)

...man I can usually do endless lists of these but I'm way too tired right now. =/

Eleryth
07-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Well, I don't really know how long your hair is, but you can do that guy from Princess Princess. My apologies, but I don't know his name. >.< I know half the time he is dressed up as a girl, but since he is really a boy I know that he at least has a school uniform, or perhaps some manga versions of him with pants. Good Luck! ^^

Kouno Touru, IIRC, though his hair isn't long enough (it's longer for boys, but it's not that long, unfortunately).

If you're currently blonde, though, Shihoudani Yuujirou from the same series has past-his-shoulders hair.

The uniforms are rather bland, though.