PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Of The Carribbean Cosplay

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

sweet_kat22
08-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Kat, you are really making me want to actually go to CNA (a lot of reasons I won't go into because hobbystar could be watching. =P). XD Just to see your costume when it's finished! Are you planning on attending the Pirate Festival at Fort York in TO?

My job is done then, I made everyone want to see my costume lmao. :bigtu:

Sorry no I am not attending the Pirate festival, if thats in Toronto I cant go to that, I have work all week and I need to save my money for the convention. I am lucky I earned enough money to spend with the last couple paychecks. I am quitting my job this week too because of school starting after the convention.

Anyway, you will see my costume tomorrow night because I am posting pictures of it after my group has a meeting. I cant wait because we get to practice our skit for the masquerade.

I am pretty sure you will see me and my group in videos after the convention (Sept 1st to the 3rd).

Moon Prince: You will see my Sash is probably the same texture as the one that you have, because the lines are close together as well.

Anyone know if it is a good idea to paint a wig?
I want to paint parts of my wig Brown so I have black and brown hair. Damn Im gonna be a hot Jack, sorry lol caught in the moment, yeah I think I am gonna be unique because details are different but close to his. The hair probably will look cool if it was brown and black. I found some kick arse copper paint to paint the wig with and tried painting one piece I had cutt off it looks kinda cool in the light.

I swear to god I am going to die before the convention comes.
I just got my sword today, BUT I wasnt home yesterday when they shipped it SO I had to walk 15 minuets to my postal office, and 15 minuets ALL the way back with a BIG ARSE package. Holy cow poop, my back is aching, but it was worth it because the sword kicks arse too. OMG I am so excited about this costume lol. *Faints and sleeps the rest of the day*

Moon Prince
08-19-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't actually have a sash yet. just 3 yards of fabric. lol I think I have all the fabric I need except for the stuff for the head band. And interfacing.

then I need the notions... buttons, gromets... paint (since I am probably going to be using the toy buckles)

can't wait to see pics!

piratelife4me
08-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I was soolucky to find a really close pattern of Jack's sash. I was searching through my mom's old hippie stuff and came upon a tapistry that looks like it. I just cut it up and it looks really cool. When i sore it to last years renaissance fair here in orlando. Everybody wanted to know where i got it.

Moon Prince
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm still hoping that another pattern will show up that will be closer. It's not like I'm not at the fabric store three days a week so it's not hard to keep an eye out...

just out of curosity? how many of us are girls making or have Jack cosutmes?

*raises hand*

Mekou
08-20-2006, 03:26 AM
>> Sorry no I am not attending the Pirate festival, if thats in Toronto I cant go to that, I have work all week and I need to save my money for the convention.

Awww that sucks but I completely understand. I'm not intending on going to CNA unless I magically get a job or come across some funds. Keep an eye out in the Canadian forums for photoshoot plans. Usually a lot get planned and it would be awesome to have Jack there. X3

I think I found a wig style that may work for Elizabeth. (her untied wavy hair)

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25879&cat=2451&page=2
http://store.wowwigs.com/scarlet.html (same wig, just different colour and non-frizzy mess looking.)

I'm still stuck on the colour...>.<

Sonsko-chan
08-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Mekou-
I'd go with the darker wig if you're doing DMC version of Elizabeth.
Actually, I'd just go with the darker wig, period! xD

Mekou
08-20-2006, 02:31 PM
>> Mekou-
I'd go with the darker wig if you're doing DMC version of Elizabeth.
Actually, I'd just go with the darker wig, period! xD

Well I'm not choosing between the colours on the wigs shown. XD both are wrong colours. I just don't know which wig colour best matches her hair since the swatches are tiny and it's hard for me to imagine them on a full wig. o.o

Technoir
08-20-2006, 03:25 PM
On a final and more random note, is it just me or is anyone else dying to see someone do Pintel & Ragetti? XD

My friend and I actually have Pintel & Ragetti planned for the premiere of the third movie, since the two of us, er... have their body shapes. XD; But we're doing them from the first movie, when they were in the dresses. So we're crossplaying a crossplay, haha. We fully plan to strap our chests down and look as much like men in dresses as possible. We're going to be as rediculous and silly as we can, and make as big of a scene as possible. It's going to be great.

I already have a lot of my (terrible, tacky) fabric. Now I'm just trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to make my eye look like his. I guess I should start saving for some costume contacts and just wear one?

Mekou
08-20-2006, 05:00 PM
>> My friend and I actually have Pintel & Ragetti planned for the premiere of the third movie, since the two of us, er... have their body shapes. XD; But we're doing them from the first movie, when they were in the dresses. So we're crossplaying a crossplay, haha. We fully plan to strap our chests down and look as much like men in dresses as possible. We're going to be as rediculous and silly as we can, and make as big of a scene as possible. It's going to be great

OMG I love you!! XD Make sure you take pictures since I'd LOVE to see them. And you get an extra win for doing the dresses. XD

sweet_kat22
08-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok everyone, I uploaded all the pictures we took today. Check out my photo gallery. The costume is not completly finished yet, I know in the one pic my sash is not right because I havent got my red and white one back yet.

And some other things like my sword, hat and compass I still dont have. Well the sword I have but it was too much to bring to my friend Carsis's house.

Heh we had fun today dressing up and practicing the skit. I dont have pics of our Kakashi and his girlfriend yet but I might next weekend.

piratelife4me
08-21-2006, 12:07 AM
hay i was looking around and i found others that were doing Tia Dalma and Jack Sparrow.
http://www.myspace.com/garyzisforme
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=17566132&imageID=947703617&MyToken=baceff5d-87e3-4d44-8cfd-1d7c0ed2392a

Burton
08-22-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm still hoping that another pattern will show up that will be closer. It's not like I'm not at the fabric store three days a week so it's not hard to keep an eye out...

just out of curosity? how many of us are girls making or have Jack cosutmes?

*raises hand*

*raises hand too* I have one, and I'm still working on it so.. I can answer for both lol.

And to Mekou, when is that Pirate Festival in Toronto? That sounds incredibly fun. I haven't heard of it before.

Mekou
08-22-2006, 04:18 AM
>> And to Mekou, when is that Pirate Festival in Toronto? That sounds incredibly fun. I haven't heard of it before.

http://www.thepiratefestival.com/
Weekends - August 19 thru September 4, 2006 - 10 am - 7 pm
Admission: Adults: $16, Students & Seniors: $12, Children 12 & under: $10 (Prices in Canadian Funds)

It's a first time event here and I read somewhere that it's run by the same folk who put out the RenFaire each year but due to changed venvues they couldn't do it this year. So they made a pirate festival instead. XD

A bunch of us are going on the 26th and decking out on pirate gear. I'm going to be making my own original pirate outfit, though a lot of it will be me test patterning for when I make Elizabeth in pirate gear. >.> I know I'll probably see a couple Jacks there. (One being a friend of mine who is also making the costume for CNAnime.)

sweet_kat22
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
This pirate festival is in toronto right? Just confirming that. Because if it is I really cant go but I wish I could :( It would be a good idea to test out my Jack costume but it would take away more money for me to spend on a greyhound ticket 50 bucks and more on my ticket to get into the festival.

I am doing good I earned about 500 bucks and I will have more to spend on my trip for CN Anime :)

Ah so I wont be the only Jack at CN Anime :p
I'll make sure to get some pictures if I run into you guys.

Two Jacks together= Disaster, should be funny heh.
Are you guys entering the masquerade? Because theres going to be a competition if you are, I am practicing really hard Heh.

Mekou
08-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Kat - Hey, no worries. If I was in your shoes I'd skip it and go to CNA. XD

>> Ah so I wont be the only Jack at CN Anime
I'll make sure to get some pictures if I run into you guys.

Two Jacks together= Disaster, should be funny heh.
Are you guys entering the masquerade? Because theres going to be a competition if you are, I am practicing really hard Heh.

It would be funny. XD Especially if both are in character. And I don't know who amongst my friend if planning to enter the Masq. >.> Usually we don't at CNA and we help Dawn aka Kaijugal running stuff backstage. (Last year I was a den mother.)

sweet_kat22
08-22-2006, 06:28 PM
lol, I would just be like "You look familiar mate, have I threatened you before? :p

Cristophine
08-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Hello everyone! I was just wondering, does anyone have a good ref pic of Jack's sparrow tattoo? (the one on his right arm) I have a vague idea of what it looks like but I'm not 100% sure. I thought if anyone had any pics it would be you guys. Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Sonsko-chan
08-23-2006, 05:30 PM
So, about ten minutes ago, I went to go see DMC for the second time. I did a really ghetto pirate and got funky stares from people. I wore multiple necklaces, four belts, four rings, boots, strpied knee-socks, a sash on my head, a poofy shirt, brown vest, brown skirt, and random earrings. It doesn't really have to do with anything, except proving that ghetto piratry is quite simple.

piratelife4me
08-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone! I was just wondering, does anyone have a good ref pic of Jack's sparrow tattoo? (the one on his right arm) I have a vague idea of what it looks like but I'm not 100% sure. I thought if anyone had any pics it would be you guys. Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

They are selling the Tattoo.
Here is a Jack Sparrow kit with the Tattoo.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2309027&cp=2256395

sweet_kat22
08-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I bought Jack Sparrows pirate gear from toys R us and that includes the fake temporary tattoo which is pretty small because its a childs tattoo but it works for me because I am a small person.

For tattoos I would say draw it on yourself with black eyeliner, should work just as good. :)

piratelife4me
08-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I finally figured out the photo thing. This is what i look like. I am hawaiian and i think i could play Tia well.
I also found the perfect fabric for the bodice. And a a fish net from wal-mart that smells like fish.

GabrielDarkhawk
08-23-2006, 08:19 PM
For any POTC cosplayers that happen to be in Disneyland, they are selling necklaces of the Aztec gold (though it's not gold in color....>_<;; ) and also a necklace with the same design as Davy Jones's music box (also the same pattern as something Jack swiped from Tia's). Just thought I'd report that...and also evidently they are filming for POTC stuff in Redondo Beach and have a ship there...

Sonsko-chan
08-23-2006, 08:37 PM
GabrielDarkhawk- They had in the Pirates store, a necklace with the design from the first movie, gold in color. The backside is not the skull design, but the front is an it's detailed. They're pretty sturdy (hasn't fallen apart on me yet), and very detailed for a ten dollar item.

Cristophine
08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
They are selling the Tattoo.
Here is a Jack Sparrow kit with the Tattoo.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2309027&cp=2256395

Thanks so much for the pic.

For tattoos I would say draw it on yourself with black eyeliner, should work just as good. :)

Actually it's for a plush I'm making of Jack. Lol, I could never pull off a decent Jack Sparrow cosplay, he pwns me, as do all of you who cosplay him.

GabrielDarkhawk
08-23-2006, 09:21 PM
GabrielDarkhawk- They had in the Pirates store, a necklace with the design from the first movie, gold in color. The backside is not the skull design, but the front is an it's detailed. They're pretty sturdy (hasn't fallen apart on me yet), and very detailed for a ten dollar item.

Ah must not have seen that one...I haven't taken mine out of the package, but it looks nicely done. Maybe it'll look more gold like when I take it out....if not and if I REALLY wanted to I could probably paint it. ^_^ And yeah I got mine at the Pirates store (Pieces of Eight).

@ Cristophine: That reminds me I should post pics of my Jack plushie. ^_^

sweet_kat22
08-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Actually it's for a plush I'm making of Jack. Lol, I could never pull off a decent Jack Sparrow cosplay, he pwns me, as do all of you who cosplay him.

Ah ok, well I didnt think I would be able to cosplay Jack either but turns out I can :p Kinda creep myself out that I can actually look like a boy heh.

I want a jack plushie so I can cuddle with him hehehe :angel:

Sonsko-chan
08-23-2006, 10:10 PM
If I can get my camera to work and can send it to my comp, I'll post a picture of it.

Burton
08-23-2006, 11:28 PM

If you haven't found one already, here you go:

PICTURE! (http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/6430126/855200)

I have it as a photoshop brush so I just stamped it for you haha :)

sweet_kat22
08-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Eh I think I am getting a new wig for my Jack costume, anyone have any suggestions?

Should I get a plain brown wig and make the locks myself? Or should I get a different lock wig and see if its any better then the one I have?

My wig is falling apart and my friends said the back looks too short because of when I cutt it.

Omg only 8 more days AAAH!

AuroraHermione
08-24-2006, 12:24 PM
If anyone lives in Southern California, they're filming just off of Lunada Bay in Palos Verdes. All the stuff is set up in Redonda Beach. I got crushed last night trying to meet Johnny... they said he might not do any more autographs because now it's turned into a safety hazzard, but you can try.

sweet_kat22
08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, poor johnny I kinda feel bad for him even though I would be the one getting crushed too if I lived in the states lol.

KatsuyaTsubasa
08-24-2006, 04:10 PM
I saw them filming on the Black Pearl from my San Pedro trip. I didn't meet the actors but I got some good pics of the Pearl if anyone wants to see them.

sweet_kat22, I love your costume! it looks really cool! :D:D:D

Sonsko-chan
08-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I doooo! I dooo!

sweet_kat22
08-24-2006, 04:34 PM
sweet_kat22, I love your costume! it looks really cool! :D:D:D

Thanks :) Still working on it but it will be finished by this weekend.

gelflinggal
08-24-2006, 04:42 PM
I've been dying to make an Elizabeth costume!!! forget the dresses (though they are gorgeous!)...I always wanted to make the British costume personally...

Where can I find pics of the third movie??? anyone anyone???

dying to see her newest costumes...I still haven't seen the second one yet...(that's what happens when you're married and have 2 wee ones)...

egads I hope I'm not asking for a link that's already been posted.....I don't care about spoilers....share share!!

I know pushy newbie :p

A

*sits looking around the room...reads others posts....notices no one replies* hmmm....yes well I ought to be use to this by now.....being ignored is my specialty....:toothy:

AuroraHermione
08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I'll show you pics next time I see ya Sonsko! I got some really good ones when it came in from the shoot, as well as some fromt he cliffs while they were filming!

GabrielDarkhawk
08-24-2006, 08:59 PM
I need to get down to Redondo still. ^^; Oh and looking at my Aztec gold necklace this morning, it does look more gold then I originally thought. My bad! ^^;;; Does anyone know more specifically where they're located in Redondo?

AuroraHermione
08-25-2006, 01:11 AM
It's at the pier. Go over near Seaside Lagoon and you'll see all the trailors and tents.

OMG Johnny is sooooooo nice!!! He gave me a hug! It was pretty much the best moment of my life!!!

I wanna meet him again in cosplay!

Sonsko-chan
08-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Will youuu get something signed for meee? <3

Mekou
08-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Dude. o_o I'm not going to lie and tell you that I AM VERY JEALOUS! XD You're very luck. Why can't cool movies be filmed in Canada. >.>

sweet_kat22
08-25-2006, 10:13 AM
It's at the pier. Go over near Seaside Lagoon and you'll see all the trailors and tents.

OMG Johnny is sooooooo nice!!! He gave me a hug! It was pretty much the best moment of my life!!!

I wanna meet him again in cosplay!

OMG you actually got to hug him? :eek: Holy crap,.... Did you get a picture or autograph? I would have like glomped him hehe.

And cool movies are not filmed in canada because canadian movies Suck!

Did he say anything about whats happening in the third movie?

GabrielDarkhawk
08-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the tip Aurora! I'll try to go check that out soon! ^__^

Edit: Either I'm blind and somehow missed a tall ship in the middle of Rendondo or perhaps they moved somewhere this afternoon. BUT I did get to see the Black Pearl in the water from the cliffs around my neighborhood!! ^___^ Took a pic.

Moon Prince
08-26-2006, 01:35 AM
I heard they will be there until monday..or the end of the week.. I didn't get to see Johnny upclose. I would have stayed there all day if I didn't have to go to work to see if we could see him when he got back from the day's shoot.. but I did get to see him.

I took a pic of him on the boat taking him out to the locale
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3186/img0560ni1.jpg

sweet_kat22
08-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Oooooo wow, you guys are SO lucky, I wish I lived in the states.

And moon Prince, where did you get that avatar pic of Jack and Liz. SO HOT! I hope their together in the next movie.

I say leave Will the wussy pirate and go for Jack! If I was Liz I would have went for Jack in the beginning lol.

That picture is a hoot, Jack riding the boat, never see him on a regular ol' boat :)

Mekou
08-26-2006, 05:23 AM
>> I say leave Will the wussy pirate and go for Jack! If I was Liz I would have went for Jack in the beginning lol.

I have a favourite LJ icon that says "Sparrabeth <3. Because Will is a silly pansy." Needless to say DMC made me a very happy Sparrabeth shipper. XP

Pirate Fest today! Woo! I'll be sure to share pictures if anyone wants. I wonder how many Jacks I will see. XD

Moon Prince
08-26-2006, 06:58 AM
*hides* I screen capped it...
I love Jack and Elizabeth together.. I hope the get together as well.

Jack on a regular boat... funnier than the pic I have of "disney jack" sniffing flowers on a cart on Main Street because this is one is the 'real mccoy'

here's a little movie of the Black Pearl. kind of destroys the illusion as it doesn't have the sails up and it's moving. lol motorized it is. lol
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/?action=view&current=MVI_0567.flv

and an animated gif for all my fellow Jack/Elizabeth shippers
http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kiss1ajo7.gif

on a slightly on topic note.. I'm heading out to the El Capitan theater to see the props... if I can take pics I will. anything peeps want? I don't know if I'll see replies before, but I will try..

Moon Prince
08-26-2006, 07:30 AM
I'll show you pics next time I see ya Sonsko! I got some really good ones when it came in from the shoot, as well as some fromt he cliffs while they were filming!

post them!! lol

I may try to go out again...

sweet_kat22
08-26-2006, 09:50 AM
ooooo yay lol that made my day lol. I love the kiss scene, Every time I watch it I giggle like a little school girl lol.

Cant wait to see some more pics :) Someone tell me if they ever figure out if Jack and Liz are together in the next movie. Ask johnny for me if you run into him hehe.

AuroraHermione
08-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Haha thanks everyone!!! It was truly an amazing experience. You should all go to the Pirates 3 premier if you are in the vicinity of Disneyland because he's great to his fans there too.

I just got a new computer and so I need to unpload the pics, but when I do I;ll be sure to post them (the ones of me and Johnny and the Black Pearl)

GabrieDarkhawk... do you know where Joes Crab Shack and the Crown Plaza and all that is???? Everything is pretty much across from the Crown Plaza down in Redondo Beach... PM me if you want directions :D

Moon Prince
08-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't know if they will reveal anything... I do know this.. apparently, Johnny and Keira have scenes with Keith but not Orlando... so it seems that Jack intros Elizabeth to dad, but Will is no where to be seen?

I love the kiss! I was soooooo very happy when they kissed. I had been waiting for that. I had no idea they were going to do that.. I loved Jack's reaction/final words. "Pirate"

I can't believe I'm acting like a fan girl over this... I'm three year younger than Johnny... but damn is that man sexy for being 43. I wonder how many of the rabid fangirls realize this? note: I only get fan girly away from person... never in front. lol

these animations make me laugh
Will gets slapped http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8092/slapaui6.gif
bottle over the head http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9118/ouch1gifdz0.gif

sweet_kat22
08-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Omg you got pics with Johnny ???? I am so jelous lol.

43? Damn I thought he was at least only 35- 40. Most of his fan girls are 15- 45 years old. My sister likes him, my mother likes him and I like him 3 different age groups lol.

Eh I also showed my mother my costume pics, she didnt even know which person was me lol.

Omg I hope Liz tells Jack that she has the hots for him, damn I would just throw myself at him and get it over with lol. If theres scenes without orlando maybe she ditches Will sometime in the movie heh. We can only hope :)

Oh and I made my own version of the Pirates 3 script, in my version at the end of the movie Liz runs away from the wedding and sneaks on to Jacks new ship.

Here is my prediction and I hope they do something like this:

Meanwhile
The wedding is taking place. Will and Elizabeth are at the alter. "Do you Will Turner take Elizabeth Swann to be your wife?" The priest asks. "I do" Will replies.

Cutt back to Jack and a new crew on a comendeerd ship. The Dalma stays behind with Barbossa. "So your future is the sea, I can no longer help you Jack Sparrow" She whispers to herself.

Back to the wedding... Elizabeth looks to the sea with inspiration she starts to hum "Yo ho , yo ho a pirates life for me....." she whispers under her breath. "Do you Elizabeth Swann take Will Turner to be your husband?" ..... The priest and audience waits for her answer.. "Elizabeth?" Will frowns at her, Jacks voice fades over Elizabeths whispers as a transition of fading goes into each other, Jack is singing the same song at the wheel of the ship.
"Whats that in the distance Captain?" Ragetti asks as he holds up a telescope to his good eye. "Huh?" Jack grabs it and looks through the telescope. A floating side boat that is empty in the middle of the sea. "Very odd" Jack frowns and shrugs as he puts down the telescope. He continues to hum the song as he turns the wheel. Suddenly he can hear a womans voice humming the same tune. "Ay, I think I have finally gone over" Jack tries to clean out his ear. "Too much rum?" Ragetti asks. "Never" Jack replies. Jack looks around for the voice and sees Elizabeth on top of the mass. She grabs a rope and swings down to him. "What is this all about lass?" Jack asked as he grins at her. "Didn't you hear me... ?" she gets closer to him and whispers as she keeps getting closer to his lips. "A pirates life for me..."

Screen blacks out to credits.
THE END

Moon Prince
08-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Haha thanks everyone!!! It was truly an amazing experience. You should all go to the Pirates 3 premier if you are in the vicinity of Disneyland because he's great to his fans there too.

I just got a new computer and so I need to unpload the pics, but when I do I;ll be sure to post them (the ones of me and Johnny and the Black Pearl)

GabrieDarkhawk... do you know where Joes Crab Shack and the Crown Plaza and all that is???? Everything is pretty much across from the Crown Plaza down in Redondo Beach... PM me if you want directions :D

Ruby's hamburger stand? I parked in front of that... there are yellow and black signs that say P2/3 extras

I'm going to the premeire for P3! I'll see you there. ^^; while not going to hit her up for any insider privilages... I have a friend who has a sis who works in Disneyland guest service. her 'official duty' for the P2 premeire was and will be for the P3 is 'cast member escort' to Keira Knightley.

Moon Prince
08-26-2006, 10:58 AM
sweet_kat22: I like it. ^_^ I have Elizabeth leaving Will standing at the alter as well. lol

piratelife4me
08-26-2006, 04:54 PM
That is amazing sweet_kat22 but i wish i was in that story than Liz, but that is only in my dreams. *sighs*

sweet_kat22
08-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Heh thanks, I hope it happens in the movie that will make me more happy lol :)

If you guys want the whole script I can private message it to you instead of posting it here, mainly because its too long and I dont want others stealing it :p

KatsuyaTsubasa
08-26-2006, 06:14 PM
If you guys want the whole script I can private message it to you

Oh! I want to see it! :D

Here are some pics I got of the Pearl when they were filming.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5295/img2162dp6.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8082/img2180wj0.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1851/img2182hg0.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5134/img2195zn3.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6026/img2205iy9.jpg

Sonsko-chan
08-26-2006, 06:55 PM
How beautiful. I curse myself for being incapable of going. >>

I like the JackxLiz 'ship, but I also like the WaillxLiz.
The whole first movie would be pointless if it ended up being JackxLiz.

Sweet Kat- I love the coming off the mast, saying 'Didn't you hear me?'

sweet_kat22
08-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Gasp! How could you say that? It wouldnt be pointless, it would make it better :) lol

And holy cow! We need some close ups to be able to tell what is going on the pearl heh, And I suppose some how Jack and the pearl come back in the third movie? I really dunno how but ok... lol

The next movie HAS to have Jack and Liz I dont care about Will, lol.

And I painted my sword,... but I think I am going to die from brain damage because of the fumes... is it a bad idea to spray paint in a room?

My sister made me take it outside. But it still fumey in the room...

anyone know how to properly contain spray paint bottles? I dont want anything catching on fire in the night.

GabrielDarkhawk
08-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow, you guys certainly got closer than me to the Black Pearl! ^^; (takes off hat!) And Auroroa, yeah I parked around Joe's and walked around Seaside Lagoon and the breakwall on Fri but couldn't find them. :( Any tips would be appreciated! ^_^

Phantom Pirate
08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
And I painted my sword,... but I think I am going to die from brain damage because of the fumes... is it a bad idea to spray paint in a room?

Extremely. But you can have fun conversations with tube socks.

*drool* I want to live on the Black Pearl.

No- when I'm uber rich and famous, I'm just gonna buy my own, fully-functional tallship and transform it into the Pearl. Yusindeedy. And sail around the Caribbean in my POTC costumes.

Elizabeth should get Will! I've always been a WillxLiz shipper. Not saying that kiss between Jack and Liz wasn't one of the most arousing things I've ever seen, (*cough*) but if she hooks up with our beloved Captain, it'll pretty much void the point of the first movie. Which was, if anyone's forgotten, Will rescuing Liz because he LOVES her. Besides. Jack can't keep a woman. He strikes me as more of a one night stand kinda guy. But it's a Disney movie. According to standard Disney formula, the beautiful princess (Liz) gets the charming prince (Will) who busts his ass to save her.

I bet he's the one that marries them, though. Haha- my friend and I were having a discussion on how he'd do it earlier...I say he gets absolutely wasted as he goes through the whole procedure, and right as he finishes saying "You may now kiss the bride," takes one final swig and falls over backwards as Will and Liz share their first kiss as man and wife.

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Wow, you guys certainly got closer than me to the Black Pearl! ^^; (takes off hat!) And Auroroa, yeah I parked around Joe's and walked around Seaside Lagoon and the breakwall on Fri but couldn't find them. :( Any tips would be appreciated! ^_^

The Pearl is behind I think its the Crab Shack? I was just there..

What time did you go? Friday? The Pearl came at about 3pm? That was about the time Johnny left for the set.

The tents are to the right of Ruby's.

Oh, I want your script too. Kat! LOL

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Elizabeth should get Will! I've always been a WillxLiz shipper. Not saying that kiss between Jack and Liz wasn't one of the most arousing things I've ever seen, (*cough*) but if she hooks up with our beloved Captain, it'll pretty much void the point of the first movie. Which was, if anyone's forgotten, Will rescuing Liz because he LOVES her. Besides. Jack can't keep a woman. He strikes me as more of a one night stand kinda guy. But it's a Disney movie. According to standard Disney formula, the beautiful princess (Liz) gets the charming prince (Will) who busts his ass to save her.

I bet he's the one that marries them, though. Haha- my friend and I were having a discussion on how he'd do it earlier...I say he gets absolutely wasted as he goes through the whole procedure, and right as he finishes saying "You may now kiss the bride," takes one final swig and falls over backwards as Will and Liz share their first kiss as man and wife.

there are two scenes where Elizabeth looks at the compass and it's pointing to Jack. LOL On the island of La Cruces she does it three times. "This compass doesnt' work! And it certainly doesn't show you what you really want!" lol

Jack does love Elizabeth as well.....

AuroraHermione
08-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Well, both times they had all the fans in different places... but both times Johnny was at a table near all the tents and such that are near Ruby's. I'm not exactly sure where the Pearl is parked... I just saw it come in really. I suggest asking a security guard when you get there... that's how I found out where to go. But they might tell you that he's left when he hasn't... that happened to me the first night. I stuck around anyway though, which led to me gettting squished, which led to me meeting him on Thursday. Long story. But I would definately suggest asking the security guards and staying near all the tents and trailors (even if everyone else is over by where the boats come in)

Anyways... Pictures!!!

Me and Johnny!
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/laprincessaurora/IMG_0731.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/laprincessaurora/IMG_0731.jpg
The Black Pearl (from the cliffs)
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/laprincessaurora/IMG_0719.jpg
THe GBlack Pearl (close)
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/laprincessaurora/IMG_0726.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/laprincessaurora/IMG_0725.jpg

NecroticNymph
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Oooooh that's so awesome! I just found out my uncle knew Johnny Depp back in school and they used to hang out together. Too bad they don't talk anymore X_____x

But I have bigger problems. I told my mom about my other cosplay plans yada yada and now she wants me to crossplay Jack for the POTC3 premiere. Apparently my dad'll be Barbosa and my friends will go as Elizabeth and Will. I should force my mom to get a really dark tan and go as Tia Dalma....*grumble grumble* Oh well, maybe mom'll let me have rum to help me er..."get into character"...

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Great Pics AuroraHermione!! two pics of Johnny? they are the same link. So cool. You got to see the Pearl with her sails down.

Yeah, we were told that Johnny wasn't there as well when I saw him being taken out... the people I was with knew the cars they took to get him and take him about the area, and we noticed a lot of action going on about it and the trailer.. police, cinema security, and suport crew... so we knew it had to be more than just the car leaving to bring him to the location. a few minutes later, low and behold, out steps Johnny dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow, and he gets into the car.

Does anybody know how long they will be there? How long priciples ie Johnny or anybody else? will be there? I have thursday off... I'd be willing to get a few locals and we can spend the day out there discussing costumes, meet, and fangirl/fanboy-ing POTC

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 12:55 PM
oh! here's cute pic my friend got of Jack the monkey on the rail of the Pearl.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/JackJr.jpg

Phantom Pirate
08-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Awesome pics! He's even more gorgeous in person, isn't he?

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 01:34 PM
I really want to see him. I've loved him ever since Tom Hanson in 21 Jump Street. ^_^ He still looks as cute and sexy as ever.

NeonHurricane
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey all, I'm first saying I've been reading this thread for a while now... fun stuff! So it's about time I posted something.

I'm currently working on a Jack Sparrow costume, and I can't seem to find a picture of the back of his head to save my life. I'm getting a wig soon, and I don't know what his hair looks like in the back so I don't know how to stlye it, any links? And considering this is my first costume project, so it's definatley a learning experience for me so, the more ref pics the better lol.

Also, I have a tip to give! I found these cheap pirate boots from... I think Pleaser? 70 bucks for leather pirate boots, look em up in Google, I'm lovin it. They're also unisex so... that's a plus.

sweet_kat22
08-27-2006, 06:55 PM
OMG you guys are so lucky, I am still jelous you even got pics with him. I wish things like this happened in canada. :(

And I uploaded some new pics from our meeting today check em out. :)

Mekou
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
>> I'm currently working on a Jack Sparrow costume, and I can't seem to find a picture of the back of his head to save my life. I'm getting a wig soon, and I don't know what his hair looks like in the back so I don't know how to stlye it, any links? And considering this is my first costume project, so it's definatley a learning experience for me so, the more ref pics the better lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/mekou/CosReferences/a_jackhairback.jpg Sadly that's the best I have at the moment. But it's still a pretty good shot. =)

GabrielDarkhawk
08-27-2006, 09:11 PM
The Pearl is behind I think its the Crab Shack? I was just there..

What time did you go? Friday? The Pearl came at about 3pm? That was about the time Johnny left for the set.

The tents are to the right of Ruby's.

Oh, I want your script too. Kat! LOL

Yeah I was there on Fri, but I think I was there earlier than 3 pm. Must have just missed the Pearl. Ruby's huh? I'll check over there when I get the chance next. Think they'll still be over there on this Tues?

Phantom Pirate
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
He still looks as cute and sexy as ever.

He hasn't aged a day in 20 years. Johnny's a vampire, I'm tellin' ya.

KatsuyaTsubasa
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I think he has the Mattew Broderick syndrom. Mattew Broderick has looked the same for 20 years also lol

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 10:49 PM
so far, I've heeard three different things about how long... one week.. till monday and three weeks.. now all can be true.. certain team/crews will be there longer.. Principles (major players like Johnny)

I still may go out on Thursday to see. the three week time was given by the news so ... still could be a good day to just hang if anybody wants to share stories... act like pirates. practice our accents?

GabrielDarkhawk
08-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Good luck Moon Prince! I think I may go on Tues. ^_^ Lol, speaking of acting like pirates, isn't National Speak Like A Pirate Day coming up in Sept? ^_~ r

Moon Prince
08-27-2006, 11:52 PM
lol National Speak like a Pirates Day. You mean I have an excuse to talk like Jack?

okay... back to the costume topic? I have the toy Jack Sparrow flintlock pistol.. any suggestions on how to make the plastic look more like wood?

GabrielDarkhawk
08-28-2006, 12:09 AM
@ Moon Prince: Hrmm...I'd say either draw grain into it or weather it.

KatsuyaTsubasa
08-28-2006, 01:13 AM
paint, sandpaper, and misc weathering. I'll try and be out on Thursday Moon Prince :D

NeonHurricane
08-28-2006, 01:46 AM
okay... back to the costume topic? I have the toy Jack Sparrow flintlock pistol.. any suggestions on how to make the plastic look more like wood?

Well, I got that Captain Jack Pirate Gear set (Yeah yeah yeah, it's for toddlers I know), and I managed to make the compass wooden looking by using various textures of sandpaper to wear it out. So you could try that. Keep it in mind however that all changes are permanent (After all, you're scraping the plastic down) and its a bit easy to get carried away. Its sorta fun for me, scrape, SCRAPE! MWAHAHA!

I should post a picture of the compass, because it came out pretty good considering it was the first time I ever "modded" stuff like that. It sure was a whole lot cheaper then getting the Master Replica replica that's for sure.

To make my compass look like wood. I first used a softer type of sandpaper/sandblock, and that was practically enough by itself. I was able to completley de reflect=ify it, so it looked alot like wood already (and some paint scraped off and whatnot, making it look old). But for finishing touches I used a paint scraping type of sandpaper (heavy duty stuff), and it was strong enough to literally make wood like grains. Some scrapes here and there and presto, age-ed compass.

I'll definatley post pictures as soon as I can.

:)

Moon Prince
08-28-2006, 05:49 AM
yeah.. i got the toy ones. ^_^ i'll look forwar to you pics.

I saw the Master Replica props... as it is I'm spending money on fabric , and I'm just starting to learn to sew... i don't think I want to spend that kind of money either..

I do have the MR Jack Sparrow ring. I wear it around my neck, actually. For two reasons... one it's my "elizabeth engagement ring" lol... and two I would probably lose it if I put it someplace.

Phantom Pirate
08-28-2006, 07:53 AM
lol National Speak like a Pirates Day. You mean I have an excuse to talk like Jack?

I don't need a holiday to talk like our beloved Captain...I've been known to go entire days in his accent, without even knowing it lol

I love Master Replicas!!! I have Jack's ring and Davy Jones' key at the moment (I've got my own actual movie-set prop aztec gold, so I don't need theirs)...saving up for the more pricey stuff now. I'm just torn between what to get. The sword, the compass, or the flintlock. All of them mean something different to me, so I can't decide what to get!

sweet_kat22
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Well, I got that Captain Jack Pirate Gear set (Yeah yeah yeah, it's for toddlers I know), !
:)

Eh who cares? I am using the same set for my costume and it works pretty well. Actually the compass is fine plastic no one knows the difference unless they go right up to you.

Wow only 3 more days left until my convention, Then I will have more pictures to show you guys.

Oh and I was going to buy some Master replicas but I didnt have the money for that by the time I was done buying everything else.

My friends brother painted my Plastic gun for me, and now it looks Exactly like Jacks gun and REAL. :)

Moon Prince
08-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I love toys that make noise... that's why I wanted the flintlock.. I also like guns and swords. lol

I collect the Japanese sentai/power ranger changers lol

NeonHurricane
08-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Compass pics!

Closed:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/compassclosedlarge.jpg

Open:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/compassopenlarge.jpg

Here is the finished compass, I don't have a before shot I'm afraid but, for comparison, just think of it without the scratches, and with the ability to see yourself in it. :)

As a warning however, don't... no matter how curious, do not put your nose up to a sandpapered object right after completing. It smells... horrible... like burnt... weirdness. And don't be like me, wash your hands afterwards lol. I scratched my face, and then I saw myself in the mirror looking like I was in a bar fight.

gelflinggal
08-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Compass pics!

Closed:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/compassclosedlarge.jpg

Open:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/compassopenlarge.jpg

Here is the finished compass, I don't have a before shot I'm afraid but, for comparison, just think of it without the scratches, and with the ability to see yourself in it. :)

As a warning however, don't... no matter how curious, do not put your nose up to a sandpapered object right after completing. It smells... horrible... like burnt... weirdness. And don't be like me, wash your hands afterwards lol. I scratched my face, and then I saw myself in the mirror looking like I was in a bar fight.

That looks fantastic!!!

LOL..burnt weirdness??? I don't even want to contemplate thta one!

congrats on the great prop!

A

Sonsko-chan
08-28-2006, 08:10 PM
The compass looks amazing.
Does it not point north?
Or does it?

GabrielDarkhawk
08-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Adding in my props for the compass, Neon! It looks fantastic! And argh...just went on MR's website, why must it tempt me with shiney things!? ^^;; Going back to the costuming subject, I'm debating whether to at some point jump on the Pirate!Elizabeth bandwagon or not. ^^;; (Suggestions welcome for characters.)

NeonHurricane
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
The compass looks amazing.
Does it not point north?
Or does it?

Actually, because it's from that Jack Sparrow Pirate Gear set, its got a little thing on the side, that when you push it... it spins around. Kinda neat, but I might wind up removing it somehow for accuracy.

But yeah, for any Jack's on a budget, get the Pirate Gear at a local store (I found mine at a Target) and get some sandpaper, it looks great for the price.

sweet_kat22
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Pretty good, meh Im one who doesnt care much about the accuracy anymore. I got 3 or 4 things that are inaccurate so it doesnt really matter with me. I got the same compass I am just keeping it plastic. heh

Good job though :)

How in-accurate can you get before people notice?
I mean for one I have 2 sashes but I like the purple one more even though Jack doesnt wear a purple one I still think it is better for pictures like my friend said.

Besides that everything else is pretty good, except the compass being plastic, and my hair being neat instead of messy.

Other then that will many people point it out that a few things are not accurate? Will it get less attention for having in-accuracies?

NeonHurricane
08-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I think having accuracy in the costume is more of a plus for the people who intend on being in character for a large amount of time, because onlookers will compare you to the movie, so if things are too out of place they'll get noticed.

Of course, this isn't by experience, but that seems to be how it goes in comparison to other websites I've read.

sithcamaro
08-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Just remember guys, the MR stuff can always be found for much less on ebay! :) I learned that the hard way, long ago, with their lightsabers. They would always end up about $100-150 less on ebay.

sithcamaro
08-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh, as I was reading the last couple pages (catching up), I noticed someone mention the tattoo. Something I've yet to mention on this site, is the new tattoo I got! :bigtu:
http://www.sithcamaro.com/tattoo1.jpg
http://www.sithcamaro.com/tattoo2.jpg
http://www.sithcamaro.com/tattoo3.jpg

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 01:57 AM
I've decided my Halloween goal is to be DMC Will. My friend is borrowing DMC Pirate Liz, so I want to match. Anybody have any pictures of what I'm trying to make? I need to start ASAP, these are complez costumes.

>>;

Mekou
08-29-2006, 01:59 AM
SithCamaro, you are so hardcore. lol, I love you, dude! XD But seriously, I LOVE your work. *__*

As for the current discussion on inaccuracies, well I think if anyone knows and has studied the character in-depth then I'm sure they would notice every little detail. However, it's not a crime to have some inaccuracies due to time or funding or whatever the reason. Personally, so long as it's still easily recognizable as the character it's fine with me. (*cough* White top, miniskirt and trenchcoat does not equal Jack Sparrow.*cough*)

For competition purposes, I always say get everything as well made and as accurate as possible because judges are always looking for accuracy and with a well known character like Jack it's easier for the average person to know what he does and doesn't lool like.

Bottom line though is to have fun with it even if you do have some inaccuracies. They can always be fixed upon and improved later. =)

Hey, anyone here going to Otakon next year? I'm so pumped for it just for the POTC costumes we're planning. X3 The harbour is in much need of a pirate invasion.

EDIT: Sonsko, here you go. :3 http://www.costumersguide.com/potc2_will.shtml

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 02:03 AM
I wish I could go to Otakon. I live across the friggin' country and don't get to go for another two years when my brother and I are gonna road trip to Baltimore. >>

Thanks for the picture! I'm all 'squiee' about this, because I really want to make Will and this gives me a good excuse.

Moon Prince
08-29-2006, 03:45 AM
Let's not forget about Anime Expo in Long Beach again. ^^;

we could raid that Harbor too... or if find the beaches of PVE where they filmed and go there.

piratelife4me
08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
I may not be doing Jack but when i went to St. Augustine last weekend and walked into a little shop. There it is was; a exact replica of jack's pistol for only $35. I grabbed it sooo fast. It also shoots like a real pistol. But i wouldn't put any gun powder or bullets in it. I have never been so lucky before. The lady that owned the store said she bought it from ebay long time ago.

sweet_kat22
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
:o sithcamaro I still love you :) *glomps* Sith, what you think of my Jack? I know it isnt anywhere near your accuracy but I worked hard on it :p

Damn I dont really have anymore time to make anything more accurate. :( I may just use my purple scarf even though its not like his... or try to die it.... but I dont wanna ruin it.

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Let's not forget about Anime Expo in Long Beach again. ^^;

we could raid that Harbor too... or if find the beaches of PVE where they filmed and go there.

Or we could just go raid beaches at random.
That would be extremely fun, especially if we did reenactments from the movies. xD
Like, we use foam 'swords' for the Jack-Will-James battle from DMC.

KatsuyaTsubasa
08-29-2006, 02:09 PM
That would be so fun lol :D

Moon Prince
08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
that would be fun.. do we have anybody planning 'smelly James'? the scene wehre Elizabeth is throwing the stones at them, makes me laugh everytime.

I can't decide if I'm doing Pearl Jack, Chest Jack, or World's End Jack... so many rings... Pearl is only the one... but I have a jar for dirt. ^^; and don't know what kind of finger accessories Worlds End has yet.. or for how much of the film the familiar outfit is worn.

sweet_kat22
08-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I am doing the second movie Jack I guess, because I have the wrist band that covers the black spot, and the ring from the second movie. I got both rings from the pirate gear set.

I think I may pick up a jar at Jack astors when we go to the dinner and sing "I got a jar of dirt!" lmao I love that scene too.

sithcamaro
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
:o sithcamaro I still love you :) *glomps* Sith, what you think of my Jack? I know it isnt anywhere near your accuracy but I worked hard on it :p

Damn I dont really have anymore time to make anything more accurate. :( I may just use my purple scarf even though its not like his... or try to die it.... but I dont wanna ruin it.

I don't think there's anything "bad" about it. It's not like anyone will not know who you are supposed to be. If I really wanted to pick at anything, I'd suggest getting some linen breeches... that and maybe extend the length of the waistcoat.
But again, people will know who you are. ;)
Oh, and your beads are reversed. Kuchi should be on your left, and the headscarf piece of eight should be on the right. :)

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Moon Prince- Do Chest Jack, we can match then. xD;
Smelly James would be pretty hard, actually. >>
Beat up clothes....To the thrift stores!

sweet_kat22
08-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't think there's anything "bad" about it. It's not like anyone will not know who you are supposed to be. If I really wanted to pick at anything, I'd suggest getting some linen breeches... that and maybe extend the length of the waistcoat.
But again, people will know who you are. ;)
Oh, and your beads are reversed. Kuchi should be on your left, and the headscarf piece of eight should be on the right. :)

Ah ok I thought they were on the wrong side :p
I know I am not the best Jack.
You mean the vest? If your talking about the vest, I dont really have time to find another one since theres like 2 days before the con. I am not really looking for accuracy at this point, if I had the money I would but I dont have money or time to get as accurate as yours :p

And the breeches I doubt I would find in time before the con either.

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I think it's good enough for the first time. ^^;;
Granted, I'm not much of a good cosplayer at this point in time.

sithcamaro
08-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Then you'll be fine. Just rearrange the beads. :D

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Sithcamaro, if you're ever in SoCal, tell me. I want to find you and 'squiee' over Jack.

sweet_kat22
08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
lmao you keep changing your avatar too. ooo I like this one :) *stares for five minuets*

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:13 PM
I had to do a double take, it looked so much like Jack.

sweet_kat22
08-29-2006, 03:17 PM
So the beads that jingle go on the left side and not the right side... sorry I dont know as much about the beads.

And the fewer beads go on the right side?
I didnt make the beads either I got them off ebay and I think they are just as accurate as the ones you made except different colors.

Oh and you guys have to remember I am a girl so the reason I have the vest the way I do is so my boobs dont come out lol. My shirt is ripped in the front so I cant have the vest open.

Moon Prince
08-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Sithcamaro, if you're ever in SoCal, tell me. I want to find you and 'squiee' over Jack.

*laughs* better yet, come to King Harbor and really FREAK people out.

Chest Jack... yeah. I mean I bought the jar for the dirt. And that would mean I don't need the hat. LOL

we so cal peeps should try and get together some time... plot, plan, ...

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, muchly.
Will should be semi-good by ALA, so I'll take 'im there.

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Okay, I'm gonna start with the easy things. Make-up. I'll hae to grunge my face and create his facial hair from nowhere. What do I use, mascara and eyeliner?

sithcamaro
08-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I might be flying out for a little event in about a month. But it may only be for a day.
And yes, the jingling kuchi beads should be on the left side. Short bead strand, headscarf strant and bone needle all on the right.
If I do make it out there, you know I'll definatley try to make it out to King Harbor!

Sonsko-chan
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
A month? I must work hard!

GabrielDarkhawk
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
@ Sith: Wonderful work on your costumes...you know I think I may have gotten a picture of you WAAAAY back in AX '05 or '04...would you happen to have been there by the City of Hope Star Wars peeps? ^^;

And yo ho, off to search for elusive pirates in Redondo! Wish me luck. May bring the Jack plushie down with me. ^^

sweet_kat22
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Ok thanks for the tips Sith, I will be posting pictures after this weekend too :)

AuroraHermione
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Good luck at King Harbor!!!

Sonsko: Evan used eyeliner for the facial hair for Hughes and Isshin... you might wanna talk to him aobut it.

Phantom Pirate
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Nyaaa!! Jack tattoo!!

If you're ever in Texas, come to A-Kon!

...No. Wait. A-Kon sucks booty. Shiokaze con FTW.

Technoir
08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Nyaaa!! Jack tattoo!!

If you're ever in Texas, come to A-Kon!

...No. Wait. A-Kon sucks booty. Shiokaze con FTW.

But, but... Shiokaze Con is terrible. T_T; I also still haven't forgotten that it was originally named "KamiKaze Con", and the people that ran it just couldn't figure out why no Japanese guests wanted to come. Oni-Con for the win, instead. <3

Either way, SithCamaro, if you were ever to make it to Texas at all, I would be happy and revert to a giggling preteen fangirl. (Now you'll never come to Texas. XD;)

And so I'm not totally off topic, I have the basic stuff for my pirate!Elizabeth costume, I just need the wig, hat and vest. I'm taking my time on the vest to make sure I find accurate fabric(s). Once I get at least the wig, I'll take some "in progress" shots for everyone. ;D I've also started gathering stuff for dress!Ragetti, but I'm in no hurry for that one, so long as it's done by the next premiere.

Is it just me, or does no one cosplay Norrington? I think I've seen two, maybe. There needs to be more. Especially of Scruffington from the new movie.

*disappears again*

Mekou
08-30-2006, 12:00 AM
>> Is it just me, or does no one cosplay Norrington? I think I've seen two, maybe. There needs to be more. Especially of Scruffington from the new movie.

The think just the fact that in the first movie it was always the navy uniform that frightened people off. Those things take a lot of work. But with Scruffington it doesn't really matter how well you make it, it's going to look like a mess anyway. XD I know I'm slowly trying ton convince my friend to be Norrington for Otakon. Hurray for brainwashing!

HDSparrow
08-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Jar of dirt!?! Why not the chest!!
http://www.captnjacksparrow.com/dmc.jpg

Been working on it to get it ready for Dragoncon. 4 days of hard work.

AuroraHermione
08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Wow... what is that made out of???

Moon Prince
08-30-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm so pathetic. LOL I've been going out to KH everyday before work just to see if they are still there. LOL

I'm still planning on spending the day there Thursday, if they are still filming.

HDSparrow
08-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Wow... what is that made out of???
Wood and then painted with iron laced paint so I can rust it ;)

Moon Prince
08-30-2006, 03:10 AM
very cool HD. I'm still trying to figure how i'm going to make the sword.

I shoudl really start working on some of the costume parts that i don't have to sew...

NecroticNymph
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I now have a group going for the POTC3 premiere. My mom is crossplaying as Norrington >< . Yes I had to bribe her XP . My dad will be Barbosa, my friend and her b/f are going to be Will and Elizabeth, I'll crossplay Jack and I'm currently trying to convince another of my friends to go as Davy Jones. Three cheers for bribery!!!

sweet_kat22
08-30-2006, 10:08 AM
I wish I could go to the premire :( Sometimes I hate Canada and sometimes I love it lol.

Mekou
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
>> My mom is crossplaying as Norrington >< . Yes I had to bribe her XP . My dad will be Barbosa

Your family wins! XD Even if it's only due to bribery on your part.

>> I wish I could go to the premire Sometimes I hate Canada and sometimes I love it lol.

It's not as cool as the premiere, but usually the local crowd gathers for opening night and costumes or some sort of themed gear is worn. :D It /might/ land on Anime North but dangit I'll find my way downtown somehow and be there for opening night! XD In costume for sure!

Moon Prince
08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm going to the World Premeire at D-Land, but I'm not going to dress up. ^^; I don't want to be that geeky. And there is also the fact that I don't want to have to bother with putting on the costume and worrying about it all day. i jsut want to be causal and have fun. But if my costume is done in time, I will probably go to the theater on opening day perhaps in cotume.

Memorial Day weekend in the states... End of May. *shakes fist and curse the Transformers* lol that is premiereing the first weekend in July the same weekend the first two POTC films did, and possibly one of the reasons POTC3 is opening in May. Considering the filiming will be continuing until December (at least some of the marine sutff, learned from a crew member at KH) it's kind rushing things...?

When was the D-Land premiere for 2? Wasn't it towards the end of June? that would make this on begining of May? end

Mekou
08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Actually, having it ready for May wouldn't be rushing it especially since they were filming things for POTC2 and 3 at the same time so that took quite a bit of time off the post POTC2 schedule I would think.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the memorial day weekend bit is when the D-land premiere will be. Otherwise it'll be a bother to get from a convention on the outskirt of the city back into downtown then go back. >_>; (*crosses fingers* Please don't let it actually be on May 25th...DX)

Moon Prince
08-30-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm hoping to get the dates as early as possible so I can get the time off work. lol Gotta ask my friend to ask her sis to tell her as soon as she knows. :toothy:

The Star Wars Celabration is Memorial Day Weekend isn't it? I went to the 10 year anniversay con in 1987...

I know that they filmed a lot of the Caribbean locations already. Now it's the ocean work and studio stuff, I think.

NecroticNymph
08-30-2006, 02:20 PM
NOOOOOO! They need to come back to Freeport!!! The set is only a few miles away!!! T____T

Oh well. I told mom I'd bring my Jack costume with us when we come back in December and she can get pics of me on the island. Maybe I'll tresspass onto the set....not like there's anyone around...*snicker*

Moon Prince
08-30-2006, 03:27 PM
they've disappeared. LOL that is to say, the production is no longer at King Harbor.

They could be heading indoors for studio work. Darn. I wished I still worked at Barnes & Noble in Manhattan Beach. They would have headed to Raleigh Studios which is in the neighboring complex. They did some filming of POTC 1 in there... I used to see a lot of extras from various productions come during thier breaks. and several celebs stopping in before they headed off to where ever.. close to the airport too...

Or Santa Clarita Studios? I've heard Palmedale also as an outdoor locale.

Cristophine
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I finished my Jack Plush. Thanks to everyone who posted the tattoo ref pics. Here's the link to his page on my DA account: LINK (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38961343/)
(click pic to enlarge)

EDIT:
Eh I cant click on the thumb it doesnt make the picture bigger :(
Looks cute though heh :p
Fixed it. Thanks.

sweet_kat22
08-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Eh I cant click on the thumb it doesnt make the picture bigger :(
Looks cute though heh :p

NeonHurricane
08-30-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm almost afraid of saying this out of losing my masculinity but... that plush is beyond cute. It's even got a little jar of dirt!

*Hugs*

Phantom Pirate
08-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Holy. CRAP. That chest is awesome. I want to make one.

And the plushie is beyond awesome.

Either way, SithCamaro, if you were ever to make it to Texas at all, I would be happy and revert to a giggling preteen fangirl.

AYE!! (Although I promise to turn down the fangirling just a tad.)
Look at that. You've already got a group of squealing fangirls.

Anyone going to the third and final premiere at Disneyland? I went this past year- had an absolute BLAST. Johnny signed my jar of dirt. :D I would have gone in full POTC costume, but I don't think they allow you to wear costumes inside the park if you're not an employee. Maybe I'll have Elizabeth's dress done by then and wear it next time. *shrug*

gelflinggal
08-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Or Santa Clarita Studios? I've heard Palmedale also as an outdoor locale.

small correction...Palmdale...grew up there...yup...I'm a hick....lots of filming out there...just look for pink or red paper and follow the signs you can watch a number of films being well...filmed...

busy busy busy thread....would anyone be offended if I compared POTC fans to Star Wars fans??

no, I am a fan, of both...so its a legit question ;)

AuroraHermione
08-30-2006, 09:05 PM
I will most certainly be at the premier of the third film... I too had a suer awesome time at the second!!! Everyone should go!!!

GabrielDarkhawk
08-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah...I think they all left from Redondo on Tues night. So here's my belated report of random sightings and hearings! Saw prop guy work on Jack's cutlass! Saw the Black Pearl WAAAAYYY off in the distance but it didn't come into the Harbor that night. :( Saw a random costume rack with a leather vest on it with brass stud work on it, had a circle of studs on the back. (While everyone was hoping to snap pics of the random extras and stars coming in the wardrobe peeps rolled through with the vest on a rack and yelled "Wardrobe!!" to which me and a few others cheered. ^_^ ) Saw what I believe was Ragetti's actor drive away. :) Heard that both Depp and Bloom where there on Tues, also heard "Barbossa" over someone's walkie talkie.

Overheard from someone's coversation on their cell taht Tues was their last day in Redondo and then they were going back to the studio. In talking to one guy there (who evidently had a friend on crew) said that the Pearl was evidently heading back to San Pedro and then over perhaps to Long Beach. Unfortunately my Tues night adventure to San Pedro proved fruitless in finding the Pearl! :( Anyone else find it?

And I need to post my Jack Plushie pics too! (He was my buddy on Tues!) ^__^

@Cristophine: I love all the details on your Jack plush! Jar of dirt!! :)

NeonHurricane
08-31-2006, 12:59 AM
nyone going to the third and final premiere at Disneyland? I went this past year- had an absolute BLAST. Johnny signed my jar of dirt. I would have gone in full POTC costume, but I don't think they allow you to wear costumes inside the park if you're not an employee. Maybe I'll have Elizabeth's dress done by then and wear it next time. *shrug*

Lately Disney has been holding more various events where they allow costumes. For instance the various Halloween events. Actually here in Disney World (Florida.. whoo!) there's going to be a Pirate and Princess dealie at (atleast) one of the theme parks, and it'll allow costumes!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=PiratesandPrincessPartySpecialEve ntPage&bhcp=1

Leave it to Disney for the prices but... I gotta say the possibility of riding theme park rides in costume sounds like a complete blast.

So for any Floridian POTC fans...

Moon Prince
08-31-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm going to the premiere!! I had a friend who just happened to be there that day saw Johnny walking about. LOL I'm going to try and get there as soon as I can... heh..

I don't mind at all spending the whole day doing nothing waiting for something like that. I waited 12 hours (4:30am to 4:30pm) just to get into the Tonight Show for Lucy Lawless. Besides with a whole bunch of people there it's like a mini con. I probably won't be in costume though. Maybe where the stuff on the hands at the most...

and I know it's Palmdale... no e.. lol.. I was typing too fast. and dyslexia I miss things sometimes.

Phantom Pirate
08-31-2006, 07:31 AM
12 hours? Ouch. We went to the Tonight Show the day after the premiere, but we didn't have to wait. We're friends with the drummer in the TS band. :D We got to sit in the green room and everything! It was so much fun.

Although I did sit on Main Street for 10 hours on premiere day.

gelflinggal
08-31-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm going to the premiere!! I had a friend who just happened to be there that day saw Johnny walking about. LOL I'm going to try and get there as soon as I can... heh..

I don't mind at all spending the whole day doing nothing waiting for something like that. I waited 12 hours (4:30am to 4:30pm) just to get into the Tonight Show for Lucy Lawless. Besides with a whole bunch of people there it's like a mini con. I probably won't be in costume though. Maybe where the stuff on the hands at the most...

and I know it's Palmdale... no e.. lol.. I was typing too fast. and dyslexia I miss things sometimes.

*chuckle* let's hear it for dyslexia whoohooo!! lol...I fatfinger the board myself....

didn't mean to give you a "hard time" just messing around...rarely do I hear another mention Palmdale.....

mini-cons...at t.v. show tapings?? whoa...cool...:toothy:

AuroraHermione
08-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Well, we sat on Main Street from 6:30 am until they came out, so about 12 hours... but it was worth it... just very hot, and a bunch of randoms came in behind us at the last minute and squished me. That wasn't much fun.

NeonHurricane
08-31-2006, 07:16 PM
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/boot.jpg

Boot! Whoo!

Um, er... I've got a question. The bells on my boots have been looking kinda wrinkly, and I was wondering if there's a method to sraighten the leather back out (although they were shipped sorta badly). So, calling all leather experts! And of course, it's not really a big deal if there's no solution, it does sorta give em some character eh?

NecroticNymph
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/boot.jpg

Boot! Whoo!

Um, er... I've got a question. The bells on my boots have been looking kinda wrinkly, and I was wondering if there's a method to sraighten the leather back out (although they were shipped sorta badly). So, calling all leather experts! And of course, it's not really a big deal if there's no solution, it does sorta give em some character eh?

Mist it down with water in a spray bottle, then stretch the fabric and put something really heavy and flat on top (like a textbook) Make sure the bottom is also flat when you do this.

sweet_kat22
08-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Wish me luck everyone! I am about to be able to transform into Jack Sparrow tomorrow for the convention. I will post pictures in my gallery on Monday, and you will probably see our skit on youtube or something. :)

GabrielDarkhawk
08-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Good luck, sweet_kat!! Oh and I can't believe I forgot to post this earlier, but if anyone is in the Whittier area, check out a store called "Pirates and Plunder". AWESOME shop...lots of pirate merchandise. Costumes vary between halloween to theatrical quality. Some nice pirate linen shirts and sweet looking boots (even in kid sizes!). Good selection of weapons too. Anyhoos just thought I'd chime in. Any word on the Pearl's new whereabouts?

gelflinggal
08-31-2006, 11:09 PM
:bigtu: GOOD LUCK!:bigtu:

NeonHurricane
08-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Wish me luck everyone! I am about to be able to transform into Jack Sparrow tomorrow for the convention. I will post pictures in my gallery on Monday, and you will probably see our skit on youtube or something. :)

Good luck! Can't wait to see the costume in its "natural habitat" as it were, the convention you made it for.

Moon Prince
09-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Wah... I don't have money this weekend and I will be with somebody who could drive me out to Whittier.

I just saw the movie for the 7th time. lol

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Good luck sweet_kat22 :bigtu: :bigtu:

piratelife4me
09-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Lately Disney has been holding more various events where they allow costumes. For instance the various Halloween events. Actually here in Disney World (Florida.. whoo!) there's going to be a Pirate and Princess dealie at (atleast) one of the theme parks, and it'll allow costumes!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=PiratesandPrincessPartySpecialEve ntPage&bhcp=1

Leave it to Disney for the prices but... I gotta say the possibility of riding theme park rides in costume sounds like a complete blast.

So for any Floridian POTC fans...

You live out in Disney World too. I live 30 min away. Do u know any big events for the third movie premeire there? i was planning to wear my costume to the amc theater at pleasure island.

Have fun at the Convention Sweet_Kat:rockon:

NeonHurricane
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Do u know any big events for the third movie premeire there? i was planning to wear my costume to the amc theater at pleasure island.

I don't know about any "big" events, but the PI theater will most likely have a midnight showing dealie. I'm trying to convince some of my friends to go in costume, because I definatley am! :D

piratelife4me
09-01-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah I am planning to go to Megacon next year and wear my costume to the renaissance fair in tampa.
I also might go to Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. It will be filled with kids but i think it might be the only time i would be able to take a picture infront of the ride in my costume.

Which leads to the question about Tia's wig. I have long brown hair; that i can't never cut because i am a hula dancer at disney . It would be very difficult to fit that all in a wig. So i don't know how to make like i have dreid locks. Or should i braid it?

GabrielDarkhawk
09-01-2006, 09:42 PM
@ Piratelife: How long is your hair? I'd suggest purchasing a wig cap to help get your hair secure underneath....there are even special ones that have a hole on top to help with longer hair. Then go out and pick a dreadlock wig...getting your hair in real dreads seems like something that's not easy to go back to normal easily.

Moon Prince
09-01-2006, 09:59 PM
even with short hair a wig cap will help keep a wig secure...

I need to find brown dreads for Jack.... I have a wig that I can use..

GabrielDarkhawk
09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
@ Moon Prince: Just dreads? Like extensions but dreads? http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/syn_dreadlocks.html This might help.

Moon Prince
09-02-2006, 04:24 AM
that may be what I need.... I found a few wig shops in my area... I may take m wig in and see if i can match a color...

man, I'm accumilating so much stuff for this costume... i don't know what I have more of... props and accessories or pieces of fabric.

piratelife4me
09-02-2006, 03:03 PM
My hair is past my hips and it is really thick . I know it doesn't look like it in the picture. I tried using a wig cap but it makes my hair really big. hmm like a alien head. i might just briad it. I think people wouldn't care.

GabrielDarkhawk
09-02-2006, 04:19 PM
@ Piratelife: All righty. You could also try putting your hair in pin curls...but that might take FOREVER with your length. ^^;;

Mekou
09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
piratelife4me - Split your hair into two parts, like if you were doing pigtails. Then twist (or braid but twisting takes less time) each piece and wrap it around your head then pin it like mad or just enough so they stay in place. It shouldn't take up much space or make your head lumpy. Annnnd it'll help keep the wig/wig cap on. That's the method I used when I hair was longer (to my butt) and still use even though it's just to the bottom of my shoulder blades now.

Moon Prince
09-03-2006, 12:49 AM
my hair wasn't quite as long are yours down to my lower back, piratelife... but it is very thick. I used to make several braids at different levels. then wrap them around my head. bobby pinned them in place... then the wig cap.. you really can't help the bigness... but try making more smaller braids...

that was one of the reasons I cut my hair!!

piratelife4me
09-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah i wanted to cut it but my Hula teacher wouldn't alow it. I might try the tips you guys offered me. Now i just need to find a really good and long wig.

I saw the movie for the last time before i get on DVD. Now I am getting better on her accent. Also saw/heard more clues for the next movie.

Moon Prince
09-04-2006, 12:53 AM
for the last time? I've seen it 8 times already... I probably will end up seeing it more by Dec 5th. it's still three months away. lol let's not even mention the download versions I have, shall we?

I've discovered a problem... one of my "elizabeth accent triggers" is Jack. I'm going to have a problem saying my own name as Jack Sparrow. lol

sweet_kat22
09-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Check out the skit we did for CN anime, I will have pictures in a couple days have to get them developed. I got a few from other people I may put in my gallery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgqLXEvp7Ec

GabrielDarkhawk
09-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Looks like you had fun sweet kat! ^^ Finally uploaded pics of my Jack Sparrow plushie. There's in my Doll gallery if anyone's interested. ^_^

gelflinggal
09-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Looks like you had fun sweet kat! ^^ Finally uploaded pics of my Jack Sparrow plushie. There's in my Doll gallery if anyone's interested. ^_^

that plushie is adorable!! good job! :bigtu:

A

stefunierocks
09-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey all. I found this site searching for some Tia Dalma stuff.

I'm currently in the process of making her costume. you can check out the progress here, and add me if you like.

Http://www.livejournal.com/users/tiadalmacostume

-Steph

GabrielDarkhawk
09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
@ Gelflinggal: Thanks! ^_^

NeonHurricane
09-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Yo people! Quick quesion, does anybody know what type of fabric was used to make Jack's vest/waistcoat? Or perhaps what you find looks close to it? I've never really hunted for fabric or anything so I figured I'd ask to see if I can get the best result possible.

Oh, and that skit looked like fun!

GabrielDarkhawk
09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
@ Neon: Looks like there's a dark blue fabric for the front and then a patterned dark beige fabric for the back! (Just glanced at some POTC 2 images) Hrmmm you could probably look at some suit material for the back part...and perhaps something with a slight weave for the front. Maybe cotton twill or a thick linen? You might want to PM Sith as well.

http://costumersguide.com/potc2/jackcostume8.jpg
http://costumersguide.com/potc2/jackcostume10.jpg

sweet_kat22
09-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Well guys, I had a blast as Jack at CN Anime, so I am gonna plan to go to other conventions to wear the costume again.

I am glad I found something I am good at like I said on the other thread. No doubts this time, I wanna keep doing this. I dont think there is a career section for cosplaying but could lead to possibly acting. I was complimented on my preformance and my voice acting skills, so I am definatly getting into this.

What you guys think of my photos so far? I will post video clips too whenever Bandito sends me the one he has. And if I can find more :p

piratelife4me
09-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey all. I found this site searching for some Tia Dalma stuff.

I'm currently in the process of making her costume. you can check out the progress here, and add me if you like.

Http://www.livejournal.com/users/tiadalmacostume

-Steph

Good i am not the only one doing her. To me the hard part of the whole costume is the bodice. It is taking me forever!

I hope you have pics later on so i could see how good of job your doing. Your livejournal explained alot.:rockon:

NeonHurricane
09-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Okay, I'm taking the plunge, and posting an audio file of me impersonating Jack Sparrow! I'd love to hear comments and feedback, and also I salute you if you make it through the whole thing... and I apologize if my facts/quotes are completely wrong.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7AAF1D4371B79E4C

Enjoy!

Moon Prince
09-07-2006, 03:53 PM
LOL I didn't listen to it all... Neon, but what i did hear sounds great. I think a big part of Jack's voice is his character, and vice versa.

I'm finding that staying in my Jack accent is proving rather difficult. especially if I want to 'introduce' myself. "Jack" seems to have become one of my Elizabeth accent trigger words.

gelflinggal
09-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Okay, I'm taking the plunge, and posting an audio file of me impersonating Jack Sparrow! I'd love to hear comments and feedback, and also I salute you if you make it through the whole thing... and I apologize if my facts/quotes are completely wrong.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7AAF1D4371B79E4C

Enjoy!

lol..ramblerambleramble....

I couldn't help but laugh when you would talk normally and explain what was going on...you're adorable!!

ok you're my new son....good job kiddo...keep practicing...remember its acting ...you ARE Jack Sparrow...not neon pretending to be Sparrow...you ARE.....

ok Yoda moment done...:bigtu:

sweet_kat22
09-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Yeah their right. Its not bad really. Here is my final version of Jacks voice. I spoke like this for 3 days straight at the convention. You have to get the accent part right. Listen to some clips of Jacks voice then try to immitate him.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=ED0044095292FCC1

I am working on a skit for the Geico commercial competition at Anime North, Anyone who steals my ideas will be eaten by Jack at Anime North :p

I got a lot of compliments of my Jack voice at CN Anime, I did it all day long like I said, even when I was talking to my friends.

Moon Prince
09-09-2006, 12:53 AM
hmmm.. I find that my Jack voice sounds reallly nasal. It reminds me of the Jack on the Disneyland ride. LOL

Phantom Pirate
09-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah, the Disneyland ride version Jack didn't sound like Jack....I thought they said they got the Deppster himself to do the voice over?

piratelife4me
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I just bought fabric for Tia's coat. but it is a very heavy fabric that is stiff. Does anyone know any tricks to loosen it up and not make it so stiff on me.

Phantom Pirate
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Throw it around. Seriously. Sit on it, toss it about the house, twist it, get it wet, dirty, etc.

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Use it as a tablecloth?

Okay, so I went into one of the Disney stores in the mall yesterday, since they were advertising kid's Jack and Jones costumes. I assumed they'd have, like, Will and Liz too. They didn't. >> I was really mad. I had been hoping to get a closer look at the DMC costume. And possible steal certain parts for mine. ^^

Guess whattt. Tomorrow, I'm getting one of the coins from the first movie. One that was actually in the movie.<3 I love my friendsss.

And my great-aunt's son is close friends with Johnny Depp. She had lunch or dinner or summat with him 'bout a year ago.

NeonHurricane
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, the Disneyland ride version Jack didn't sound like Jack....I thought they said they got the Deppster himself to do the voice over?

All the new characters on the ride are voiced by the original actors. He does sound a bit strange, but that might be due to the room accoustics or something...

Now when it comes to my costume progress... I was going to get a wig from topnotchcostumes for my costume (despite its inaccuracy) but then the price was like.. doubled!? I guess I'm going to have to "make" my own, seems like the price is right.

But I've never done anything involving wigs (or costuming period lol)

But if I get this straight, I need to should/could get dark brown wig that's the correct length, and then somehow attach dreads to it from these various websites that have already been posted? I could also getting away with it being a wig for a woman right, although it seems that I can't find any wigs in general that are the right length without them being curly?

sweet_kat22
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Thats about how long my wig was for Jack, a bit longer then shoulder length. Although I will be getting a new wig for halloween, Definatly buying a brown wig and making dreadlocks :p It would be helpfull to both of us then if anyone has any information on a good place to get a nice brown wig for Jack :p I would suggest the guy I bought my hat from for a Jack hat, but he took hell of a long time delivering it. It looks exactly like jacks though so I wasnt too angry heh.

mmmm chocolate.... im bored lol.

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey Sweet Kat, can I kill the Disney store?

For not having Will. >>

sweet_kat22
09-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Um... Ok why ask me ? I dont own it :p And Will is a lesser char to me so it doesnt matter hehe. *eats more chocolate* Dont hate me for saying that, I am just an anti- will person. :p

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Everybody is anti-Will, including me sometimes. xD

But it's less band-wagon at the moment, so it makes me less likely to end up in a crowd. Plus, my friend is Halloweening it as Pirate Liz. And I would be Jack, but my god, that costume.

Err, yeah you do. ^^;

piratelife4me
09-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I guess i am getting extension dreadlocks so i can just attach it to my long hair. Since i tried the suggestions and it did not work. But that is okay i will just have to take alot of time setting it up.

sweet_kat22
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Yep, Jacks costume is a pain in the arse. It took me a month like I said to get all my pieces together. And its not accurate, but I plan to try to make it a bit more accurate for halloween :)

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Heh heh heh, I'm going to be the most ghetto Will ever. xD

NeonHurricane
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
As a warning to all Will Turner costume wearers... be ready for alot of "snip-snip" hand gestures from the army of Sparrows.

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I'll take that into consideration.

Not that any of you care, but I'm getting an actual coin from Curse of the Black Pearl.

NeonHurricane
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Do you know which style it is? LIke.. is it the double sided one, or the one with the weird pattern on the back?

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
The double sided one, I believe. It's one actually from the set.

I have the necklace one with the weird pattern. I've worn it almost every day to school.

Moon Prince
09-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I just got a hat for my Jack. I've got this brown wig from another costume that I'm going to convert to Jack's hair.. just have to find the time to search the wig shops for dreads. Most of the costume dreads I'm finding are 1) black 2) the neat kind or 3) the braided kind.

I'm wondering if I should try for the teeth.

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-11-2006, 11:22 PM
You could always make the dreads Moon Prince.

I bought a bunch of seaweed and shells for my Jones costume today and I'm gonna start making my hat soon. The hat will be made out of leather dyed black with gold pleather around the rims.

Moon Prince
09-11-2006, 11:56 PM
true... but it's just one more thing I have to make... besides, I've yet to find a site that instructs on making 'fake' ones...

And I just learned that my cousin got to see Johnny the last day they were out at King Harbor.

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-12-2006, 02:07 AM
If you want to make them I suggest this place
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/demo/syn_dreadlocks/index.htm
and instead of a really pricey steamer or boiling water use a blowdryer, although this might only apply to extentions (I don't really know) it might be worth a try if you have the time.

piratelife4me
09-12-2006, 09:26 AM
where is a good site to buy dreadlocks already made?

piratelife4me
09-12-2006, 09:45 AM
I found it. I found it. The costume that elizabeth will wear in the third movie!
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/brocade2.jpghttp://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/brocade3.jpg
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/brocade1.jpg
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/brocade4.jpg

So if anyone wants to get ready to show it off at the movie premeire before anyone see it here you go.

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Who did you buy your hat from?

And Cool! Where did you get the actual coin? Cuz I got the one with the weird pattern too, thats the one I used with my costume. Doesnt matter to me if the coin is accurate but it be cool to have one :p

Master Replicas were at CN Anime, I Wish I bought Davy Jones key for my costume for halloween, it would have been a good suvenier too. They had Jacks ring and the coin as well. :( I dont remember how much they were charging, I think the prices were what threw me off.

It was funny because the people who were browsing at the table chuckled when they saw me looking through the master replicas. That was the fun part of the Jack costume, all these people giggling for no reason :p I didnt even realize it until I looked up and they were all staring at me.

The best part was all that attention, especially walking in the streets, and going to places like Tim Hortons. A whole group of business people were like "Pirates of the caribbean" And were giggling while they waited in line. Little kids were the best, staring and pointing I would just smile at them and wave. Ah I really miss being Jack, cant wait to do it again at halloween.

OMG Wow, she looks pretty in that. I cant wait to see the movie now :) I am wondering why they are all dressing that way :p

Now we just need to see what Jacks costume is like in the third movie. I wish I could find that so I can get it ready for Anime North when the premier of Pirates 3 is.

If you want to make them I suggest this place
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/demo/syn_dreadlocks/index.htm
and instead of a really pricey steamer or boiling water use a blowdryer, although this might only apply to extentions (I don't really know) it might be worth a try if you have the time.

Oh thanks! That will help me out. Im gonna do that for halloween to improve my costume.

piratelife4me
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
This picture was posted up several times.
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/jack1.jpg
I know why they are dressed that way but it is going to spoil the third movie.
I could tell you if you really want to know?

GabrielDarkhawk
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
@ Sweet Kat: You know you can still buy the POTC MR stuff from their website, right?

@piratelife: Oh I love Elizabeth's costume! ^_^ And I think that Jack costume isn't one he really wears in the movie...check out Sith Camero's gallery and he explains. (Though now that it's had so much hype they may go with some sort of simillar design...)

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Elizabeth wears something like Camaro's concept. Love the new dress of her's very beautiful, very ellaborate.

where is a good site to buy dreadlocks already made?

For Tia Dalma I suggest these links:

if you want to buy premade dreads go here
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/syn_dreadlocks.html
however this is only for normal sized dreads and not the uber huge Sparrow dreads.

and if you want wigs
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16355&cat=295&page=1
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16360&cat=295&page=1
you will most likely be able to fit your hair in a wig cap
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25820
It might look lumpy when the cap is on but when the wig is on you'll look fine :D

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
How would it spoil the third movie? Like would it explain the whole plot? I already know its set in Singapore.... And I thought that Jack costume was just made up by a cosplayer, I didnt realize it was his actual costume.

Oh yeah you can probably find the MR site somewhere. I know they sell on ebay as well. I just dont wanna pay shipping charges they are expensive.

Ouch 50 bucks for a wig? I would rather it look cheap and be cheap because I am not spending 50 bucks for a wig :p I spent 15 bucks on the wig I used for my costume, and 20 bucks on the one that I ruined. I wish I saved the money and bought a good one but I didnt and I would have the money to buy a good one now :p

And one of my friends in my group gave me a wig cap. Glad she did because it made it look better without my hair sticking everywhere.

OH yeah Sith was the one who came up with that Jack costume. So we still dont know what his costume looks like.

And dont tell me then if its gonna ruin the whole thing but I dont see how :P

gelflinggal
09-12-2006, 04:57 PM
This picture was posted up several times.
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/jack1.jpg
I know why they are dressed that way but it is going to spoil the third movie.
I could tell you if you really want to know?

*stands up and waves hands frantically*

I do! I DO!! I want to KNOW!!!!

please?

just point me in the direction for info!!

A:toothy:

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah well please dont post it here. I already made the mistake of posting some movie information that I shouldnt have. PM the person if they wanna know so that others dont click on it accidently :p

gelflinggal
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
well I suppose I should've gone with my gut instinct and should have typed:

"please PM me with this info so as not to tick anyone off"

so Please...PM me with this info...so as not to tick anyone off...

thanks!:bigtu:

A

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 05:21 PM
lmao I wasnt ticked off I was just suggesting it so it doesnt ruin it for anyone else cuz like I said I had a bad experience with that before :p *goes to eat marshmellows.... *

Im still bored :( Why cant it be halloween yet? hehe

gelflinggal
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
:toothy: lmao I wasnt ticked off I was just suggesting it so it doesnt ruin it for anyone else cuz like I said I had a bad experience with that before :p *goes to eat marshmellows.... *

Im still bored :( Why cant it be halloween yet? hehe

LOL..no no! I didn't mean tick you off! it came across pretty clear with the funny face that you were concerned about OTHERS being miffed :toothy:

and I feel for ya...some people get so funny about spoilers...me I could care less...reading and watching are two totally different things in my book...but that's MY book ...lol...

hmmm.marshmellows. yummy....I think I'll have some of that birthday cake ice cream...ever tried that? good stuff....

eek! I still have to sew my kids costumes and I only have a month...plus...two weeks...oh...ok...plenty of time....

love Halloween....

I've got to make this new Elizabeth costume!! always wanted to dress up as a pirate ...then there is the Chinese influence...cool!....ok...waiting...lol...for info...:bigtu:

A

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Ok whatever... :p Im still bored. Give me something to do... I could work on my Jack costume some more. But I still need fabric and stuff. And I dunno how to sew :( A month and 2 weeks... thats all I have to wait to be Jack again :) Then another month before the D- Tac YAY. So I guess I got a lot of chances to be Jack :p Then 6 months before Anime North :( Sighs.

NeonHurricane
09-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Ok whatever... :p Im still bored. Give me something to do... I could work on my Jack costume some more. But I still need fabric and stuff.

Fabric... it's a scary word...

I'm gonna have to find fabric for my Jack vest soon, and then somehow learn to sew. Scary stuff... for me atleast lol.

Hm... something to do... find me a wig! j/k

In the meantime, I need to think of as many cons/events as possible that I can wear this thing at (not that its finished yet). Heh, although I gotta just walk around in public with it on once I finish it, can't wait to see heads turn... "Wha?"

I just keep waiting patiently for this to arrive http://www.garbtheworld.com/items/g0020.shtml

sweet_kat22
09-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Thats pretty nice. I dunno if the sleeves are right though. His sleeves are cutt on the end and dangle down.

I need to find a good wig too like I said lol :)

Well theres conventions all over this site. Check out the one that is closest to you and go to it in your costume. Enter the masquerade and see how well you do. Wear it at Halloween and other events like that. I am definatly wearing my Jack at halloween for the Anime North party like I said before :)

Sonsko-chan
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
My friend's friend's dad worked on the set and brought home a box of them. My friend is giving me one of the ones he got as soon as he finds them.

Woot! I'll go make Liz 3.<3

Phantom Pirate
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Okay, so I went into one of the Disney stores in the mall yesterday, since they were advertising kid's Jack and Jones costumes. I assumed they'd have, like, Will and Liz too. They didn't. >> I was really mad. I had been hoping to get a closer look at the DMC costume. And possible steal certain parts for mine. ^^

They actually do have Elizabeth costumes- but they aren't in any Disney store I've seen. Ebay it.

But yeah, Will definetely doesn't get enough love.

Sonsko-chan
09-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Stupid Disney. ><
I was trying to convince my little brother (he's six) to be Jack, but he said no, because he isn't allowed to see the movies. xD

Will doesn't get enough love, because he rarely stands up to the smechsey Jack. Although two of my friends today said they could never hate Will.

piratelife4me
09-12-2006, 09:50 PM
I hate finding fabric for Tia. There is so much different types of fabric in her dress. Also it is not hard to sew, i learn the fourth time i tried it. Just think of how many things you could make.

I tried and tried the wig thing, but it doesn't work at all.
So i am just going to try the extension with my hair.
Because it is so LONG and THICK. Darn.

I have soo many plans for this costume. It is mostly for the renaissance fairs and pirate fair here. Though for, Halloween, conventions, and the third premiere.

Moon Prince
09-13-2006, 01:56 AM
OMG! Piratelife... I do believe those pics are from the recent King Harbor shoot! That gate she is by looks familiar... LOL

Sweet Kat, I got my hat at a antique mall... it's mostly a commission shop. it was at a booth that was selling costume stuff.

I bought my MR jack ring for $15 US at San Deigo Comic Con. I bought another one for $18 US at the Disney Soda shop next to the El Capitan theater. I wear the MR one around my neck.

I'm taking a sewing class at Jo Ann. It starts the 23 of September. I've got most of my Jack fabric. I want to start the 'aging' process before I start cutting and sewing it...

Oh and next tuesday, Sept 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Phantom Pirate
09-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Piratelife4me- Looking at Tia's costume, I'd say go out and buy the ugliest curtains and fabrics you can. It's almost like she's wearing strips of tablecloth.

sweet_kat22
09-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Lmao I could talk like Jack all day but Tuesday is my day off and there would be no point. Unless I wanna freak my dad out :p

NeonHurricane
09-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Lmao I could talk like Jack all day but Tuesday is my day off and there would be no point. Unless I wanna freak my dad out :p

Heh, my dad is always creeped out whenever I do the voice around the house, but it gots a whole lot more funny when I start doing the mannerisms and stuff. I tell ya, us Jacks have some sort of magical power.

Well, today is fabric shopping day... *shudder* wish me luck... I'll be writing my will.

EDIT:

I noticed something sort of interesting while looking at reference photos for Jack. It appears between Movie 1 and Movie 2 the print on the headscarf is almost completley faded away. (not counting the movie poster which is really screwy costume wise). Meaning, that it's officially alot easier to make it look accurate lol.

sithcamaro
09-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Man, this thread keeps going, and going, and going! :)

Moon Prince
09-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Man, this thread keeps going, and going, and going! :)

yeah. it's like the energizer bunny.

I need to contact my friend about possibly getting me all the buckles and dangles for Jack... or at least giving me the contact info he has.

piratelife4me
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I bought mostly all the fabric i need. The hardest was her skirt. All i need to do is find trim.

Sith* The japenese costume you made for Jack. Is that one of the costume in the third movie? Because i seen it on other websites.

Everyine is wondering.

sweet_kat22
09-13-2006, 04:01 PM
He said in his photos that he was the one who made up that costume for Jack and tricked everyone on the internet because people found it on his web site.

And the thread will never end because everyone loves POTC. I havent met one person who hates it :p

Eh sith. Can you give me some advice on what to do for a new wig? Yours looks pretty real.

Phantom Pirate
09-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Soon, the POTC thread will take over cosplay.com and this will be yet another POTC fansite...mwahahaha...

NeonHurricane
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, my fabric shopping adventure was a success! I was amazed at how perfect some of the items they had were. I found a fabric for the sash that was pretty close to the real thing!

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/sash.jpeg

That shows what I did to the edges, I aged the edges! Might be a bit over done but... sandpaper is fun!

I'm gonna try to make my vest trough using the simplicity pirate costume pattern (the one that has the Jack Sparrow lookin' guy on it), anybody here used it? Any advice/corrections/tips?

EDIT: And this thread will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world.

You get a virtual cookie if you figure who said that (unmodified) quote.

GabrielDarkhawk
09-13-2006, 09:34 PM
@ Neon: Ooh shoot! I know that quote! A movie? I'm taking a guess at The Neverending Story. ^^; (crosses fingers)

Mekou
09-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Neon Hurricane - WALT DISNEY!

And that sash fabric is good! 8U

NeonHurricane
09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Neon Hurricane - WALT DISNEY!

And that sash fabric is good! 8U

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/Avatars/chocchip.jpg

Yep, Walt Disney! "Disneyland will never be complete, as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Sonsko-chan
09-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Anybody have some sort of tutorial to make a smechsey Jack plushie? I plan to drag one around when I wear Will, if he ever gets made. >< --crosses fingers--

GabrielDarkhawk
09-13-2006, 11:01 PM
@ Sonsko: Well I made a Jack plushie (points to doll gallery). Used one of those muslin doll forms you can buy at craft stores, and then sewed lots of tiny clothes and yarn hair of doom. @_@

Sonsko-chan
09-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Was he hard to make, GabrielDarkhawk?
[I'd shorten it, but I'm not cool enough]

NeonHurricane
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Anybody have some sort of tutorial to make a smechsey Jack plushie? I plan to drag one around when I wear Will, if he ever gets made. >< --crosses fingers--

Are you gonna stick pins in him ala voodoo doll? j/k
Actually though that would be funny, afterall he was pretty ticked at the end of DMC

Sonsko-chan
09-13-2006, 11:10 PM
I'll probably stick pins in him to keep the clothes on. ^^;
Or maybe I'll make two versions, one that's durable for no comment things and one for voodoo/pictures.

GabrielDarkhawk
09-14-2006, 12:09 AM
@ Sonsko: The jack plushie was an adventure for me since I had never made shirts or pants before. Granted that the doll part was pretty much done for me and just needed to be stuffed, it was a good place to start. As for making the clothes, I modified a T-tunic pattern for pretty much everything. Basically you'd take the advantage of the fold of the cloth (to get your two sides) and then modify openings as necessary. The hair was the hardest part...basically sewed a bunch of yarn chunks together and strung the beads on...though I had bought the beads before getting the yarn, so some of them didn't fit and had to be sewn INTO the yarn. @_@

Someone else posted their Jack plushie a while back, you could PM them too. And lots of people on the internet post up plushie tutorials, you could look that up as well if you wanted to have a custom body shape (which isn't insanely hard looking at my progress on my Hobbes plushie). I also think craft stores might sell doll forms in different sizes so maybe you can find smaller one to your liking. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck! Lemme know if you need any more advice.

Moon Prince
09-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Neon: I haven't started my costume yet. I have a two foot pile of fabric. but I am also going to use that Simplicity pattern.

Phantom Pirate
09-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Neon- where did you get the fabric? Local store, or the internet? I've been wanting to get something like that and make Jack's sash for a while- I'd wear it to school, hehe...

piratelife4me
09-14-2006, 07:36 AM
I used the jacket from the simplicity pattern for the renaissance fair. It turned out pretty good. But i dont know about the vest. It looks reasonable.

I have almost all my fabric but now i need trim badly. I am slowly putting the out together. I at least want to take some pictures before destroying it. I will upload some pictures soon.

I have til Halloween to finish it. It is hard bc of my job and classes.

AND get my tan back bc i lot so pale in my pic. Im Hawaiian so it might not be so hard.

sweet_kat22
09-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Wow. My sash looked close to that. Except it was sewed the wrong way. I may fix it before halloween so the lines are going the right way. But I wore it anyway on the sunday.

Good luck with your Jack costume, I plan to improve mine before halloween so I can wear it :) I cant wait to walk around the city and take the bus as Jack lol. Im gonna practice acting as him more too. Just wish that halloween wasnt on a Tuesday because I dont have any classes on tuesday to wear it too :(

Moon Prince
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm rather white for being Japanese... I don't like the sun, so it's probably those tanning lotions for me..

that fabric you got for your sash does look good. sandpaper for the edges.. I'm going to have to remember that.

I get all my fabric at Jo Ann... not that I particularly like this store, but I don't have a car, and it's cheap when I can get it on sale... (sale price + 15% emp discount) I must remember to check and see what I need. Emp appreciation day is Sept 22 and my emp discount will be 30% that day.

I'm worried about shrinkage when I boil my fabric in hot tea for aging... does cotton really shrink all that much?

I was also thinking of perhaps dunking it in a sea water/rum solution for that 'authentic smell' I don't think people would take kindly to me smelling like BO

NeonHurricane
09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
that fabric you got for your sash does look good. sandpaper for the edges.. I'm going to have to remember that.

Yeah, I saw it in an article about aging and whatnot (I'll post a link once I remember it, heck, I might've gotten it from a post in this topic), it works well. Basically it thins out fabric, and causes it to snag causing holes and various fraying.

I get all my fabric at Jo Ann... not that I particularly like this store, but I don't have a car, and it's cheap when I can get it on sale.

That's where I got my fabric too, its sort of funny how fabric stores completley change stuff around. The first time I went I found it hard to find much of anything that matched, then the next time I found all this stuff that looked close to what I was trying to make (the sash for instance).

I was also thinking of perhaps dunking it in a sea water/rum solution for that 'authentic smell' I don't think people would take kindly to me smelling like BO

Heh, I never really thought about that before, that would be cool if it actually worked. Although both of those ingredients sound sort of... I dunno, damaging for some reason... like damaging for fabric.. but I have no knowledge on the subject.

Moon Prince
09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
at the very least, I'm going to do a photo shoot at the beach when it's done... I'm actually hoping to make this costume 'all weather'

my next obstacle will be the eye makeup... as I have the Asian no eyelid thing going... for instance, doing Cannibal King Jack is out of the question for me...I have no where to paint on the fourth set of eyes..

Sonsko-chan
09-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Moon Prince- If/when our costumes are both completed, do you want to photoshoot Pirateness?

sweet_kat22
09-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Awe man I wanna be in the photoshoot :( I hate living in Canada *sighs*