PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Of The Carribbean Cosplay

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Technoir
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Awe man I wanna be in the photoshoot :( I hate living in Canada *sighs*

I say... do a photoshoot anyway. ;) Nothing wrong with going it solo -- you'd at least get some nice photos to show off your costume. Even if you don't have some fancy camera and you just get your friend(s) to take pictures of you, I think it'd be awesome.

piratelife4me
09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
My friend had crab last night. He gave me the claws so i can read them like Tia did.

I get all my fabric from Jo-ann. I use a bunch of coupons or else i couldn't afford anything.

Mekou
09-15-2006, 12:15 AM
>> Awe man I wanna be in the photoshoot I hate living in Canada *sighs*

There needs to be more POTC cosplayers. XD A friend and I were out walking aroudn Toronto on Tuesday and we saw a BUNCH of locations that would really be awesome for photoshoots. ;o; If the weather doesn't get too crappy we might try to do something before it gets too cold but most likely won't be able to do outside stuff into Spring. x_x

>> I'm worried about shrinkage when I boil my fabric in hot tea for aging... does cotton really shrink all that much?

The most it'll shrink is like an inch or two but you won't end up with only half the fabric left or anything. And it's not actually the water itself that shrinks it though, it's the dryer. (I think...80% sure. XD) so if you hang it to dry it should srink even less if the water could actually shink it. ^^

>> Heh, I never really thought about that before, that would be cool if it actually worked. Although both of those ingredients sound sort of... I dunno, damaging for some reason... like damaging for fabric.. but I have no knowledge on the subject.

I don't see why it would. At least not for most fabrics. The worst I could see happening is that it could stain the fabric, especially if it's a light colour, but then if you wanted the aged look that might actually help. XD

Moon Prince
09-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Moon Prince- If/when our costumes are both completed, do you want to photoshoot Pirateness?

that would be fun!

I just went to the new section of the Del Amo Mall? that is a great spot for an opening weekend cosplay outing for the movie.

I found these pics in one of the Japanese magazines I bought..

Bill Nighy playing the organ as davy
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9749/billdavyyp3.jpg

London Premiere photo
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8844/londonye2.jpg

Jack playing the guitar? LOL it's Johnny of course, in his costume but the image is priceless.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6461/guitarqz4.jpg

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Those are so awesome lol

Bill looks really into playing the organ with the invisible tentacles lol
Love the Jack one too

Moon Prince
09-15-2006, 03:56 AM
it is pretty interesting to see just how much they have the actors film.

I think that not only helps the fellow actors but the special effects as well..

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-15-2006, 04:00 AM
It's really cool (that means they might have an organ in Flying Dutchman ship lol)

And speaking of organ here's a little something I did
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=98398156165FE3BB
Now, I don't know how to play the piano at all so don't be too harsh. I found the sheet music and tweaked it a little. p.s. gotta love the Pipe Organ1 and Musicbox the keyboard has ;)

Phantom Pirate
09-15-2006, 07:34 AM
That's really good!

(I can't play piano, so it's better than I can do!)

Sonsko-chan
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
In the pictures, it looks like Keira Knightley chopped her hair. Did she? o.o

piratelife4me
09-15-2006, 10:05 AM
No it was that short in the movie; she wore a wig. She had to cut her hair short because of her previouse film. Domino the bounty hunter. She is trying to grow it out again.

I think i have the wrong fabric for her skirt.
I will soon upload pic to see why.

sweet_kat22
09-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow, I dont really know any friends who would be willing to take photos though. And I am definatly looking into getting a digital camera because I am still waiting for my CN anime pictures, stupid disposable cameras!

Cool pics, I like him with the guitar too heh.

Mekou we should gather some Pirate cosplayers for D-Tac or something and have a photoshoot :)

Moon Prince
09-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Digital is the way to go. First you get to see right away if the pic came out. Second you don't feel guilty wasting film if you want to take a random pic of say a lint ball or something.

and no waiting for the photo place to develop your pics and chance losing them. i had that happen to some awesome Star trek con pics. got great shots of Kate mulgrew and the damn photo place lost my film.

Sonsko-chan
09-15-2006, 06:18 PM
My AX pics didn't turn out very well with my disposables, but my digi-cam died, and I can't get any of my pics with VAs off of it. ;.;

Sweet Kat- if you come to AX, I'll take pictures of you. Err, I'll try. ^^; I'm Californian-born, so I've got that all covered. I'm [so far] a two-year AX-goer.

sweet_kat22
09-15-2006, 06:58 PM
AX? Thats the california one right? Anime Expo you mean? Cuz I might be going to that if I get enough money in time :p It be a good trip anyway, but it be hard to save up the money, I probably need about a thousand or more to stay there, and I think Expo is like 4 days of a con right?

Sonsko-chan
09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Yup, Anime Expo, SoCal.<3
xD

Aye, four-day con. July 1-4.

sweet_kat22
09-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Ok Jack cosplayers. Best place for a Jack wig? I was browsing ebay, and most people who sell wigs on there have negative feedback.

Lesson well learned in the past, never buy from negative feedback users.
I want a brown Jack wig that is close to Jacks, but doesnt have to be identical. And needs to be under the 50 dollar limit.

I would much rather get a brown wig before halloween so I can improve the costume with the brown hair and mustache :) Not using barbie hair anymore to glue on, it takes too long lol.

Oh and has anyone here used a pattern before? Is it hard? Like what do I do? Buy the pattern, cutt it out and cutt out the fabric I need then sew it together? I wanna buy that Jack sparrow pattern and sew my own shirt and vest. So I at least have some parts that I made.

Sonsko-chan
09-15-2006, 10:19 PM
YOU USED BARBIE HAIR?
I so love you now. That was totally my suggestion and I thought nobody would take it seriously. xD

NeonHurricane
09-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Lesson well learned in the past, never buy from negative feedback users.
I want a brown Jack wig that is close to Jacks, but doesnt have to be identical. And needs to be under the 50 dollar limit.

I'm basically in the same boat as you, but I can tell you through some research what people are reccomending for Jack wigs.

Basically, they buy any costume wig wig with dreads (in the right hair color and length) and chop the dreads off, and then sew them to a basic long haired wig.

Now, I haven't tried this myself yet, still looking reasearching wigs and whatnot online, but the results it produces seem to be consistently accurate looking.

Costume wigs with dreads can be pretty cheap, its the basic wig that might be a bit more tricky.

Mekou
09-16-2006, 12:20 AM
>> Mekou we should gather some Pirate cosplayers for D-Tac or something and have a photoshoot

If I go to DTAC which I might since blah I know I'll miss my friends by then any excuse to wear costumes is a good excuse!

>> Oh and has anyone here used a pattern before? Is it hard? Like what do I do? Buy the pattern, cutt it out and cutt out the fabric I need then sew it together? I wanna buy that Jack sparrow pattern and sew my own shirt and vest. So I at least have some parts that I made.

It might be a little odd to figure out at first if you've never used them before but they're not impossible. Just follow the directions and maybe get someone who knows how to sew to help you. (If you lived closer I would SO go over to teach you. XD) Is there a Fabricland in London? Back in January 2003 I took their sewing class and I learned a lot and it was worth the money. I say go check that out. =) If you ever need any help with stuff just PM me and I'll do my best.

Anyone else seen those new Elizabeth outfits from POTC3 on the Costumer's Guide? (Arg, why does Elizabeth get more and mroe blonde in each movie? T_T It looks terrible on her now.)

Sonsko-chan
09-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I think I may've seen them, but wait, I don't know.

But yeah, it's so blonde and she's getting tanner and it's ugly, no offense to Keira Knightley, who is actually stunning.

Moon Prince
09-16-2006, 12:42 AM
while we won't be able to fully cosplay into the park? I think a post AX trip to disneyland would be fun...

I usually now only end up going to AX for a day... but I may try for more time this year... who knows. I definately hope to have my Jack done by then.

I'm born and raised in So Cal. ^_^

Sonsko-chan
09-16-2006, 02:20 AM
I went two days in '05, but you can't get the full con pleasure without four days, as I learned this year.

We could wear the basics of our costumes into the parks. How funny would it be to see actually pirates getting onto the ride Pirates? A post-AX Disneyland trip is definately in order. I'm up for it.

I hope to have a semi-decent Will done by Halloween. I haven't started work on it at all, I'll only be able to work some weekends, and I have no idea how to start it. Isn't that amazing? >>

Moon Prince
09-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Yes, the darker tanner Keira was not flattering to me...

We can all gather round and sing Yo Ho... lol and of course mob "Jack" when he comes out..

I know, the full con experience it definately the best.. I just don't have the time anymore.

I'm taking a sewing class at my local Jo Ann... starts next Sat.. I've got to learn the 'why' of things so that when my dyslexia gets me stuck I can logic my way out of it..

This is Halloween season... now is the time to be looking for things... fake mustaches, cheap dread wigs... I've got a "ozzy osborne" wig that I'm going to add to for my Jack wig. so I need to find 'messy' brown dreads. found one costume shop that says they do get them.. just don't have them yet.

sweet_kat22
09-16-2006, 09:58 AM
YOU USED BARBIE HAIR?
I so love you now. That was totally my suggestion and I thought nobody would take it seriously. xD

That was you? Heh, thanks hun it helped me out a lot for accuracy even though it was a pain. I actually did A LOT of research before I put my Jack costume together and before I bought anything off of ebay users. And I found the best accesories just by taking my time and doing research before I bought stuff I thought would work well.

And even though my friends thought I was weird for using barbie hair, it worked out pretty well for a mustache. I also cutt off the dreads on that bandana that came with Jack Sparrows pirate gear and used it for the dreads in his beard.

I may look into sewing classes at Fabric land then if they have any right now. Although it is a 45 minuet bus ride from my house and it would take a whole day for me to go there and come back :(

Thanks for the advice on the wigs you guys. I didnt think party place wigs are that good either but for Jack they work out pretty well because it doesnt matter since he is Messy :p I think I might use my original plan which I didnt have time for before the con. Im gonna buy a brown party place wig, and a dread lock wig and cutt and sew the dread locks onto my bandana or something, because it may be easier to get them onto the bandana then the wig. They got Jamacan dread locks attached to a hat at the party place I might just use. :)

Would they really let you guys into Disney land in costume? Cuz we might not even be allowed to get into Wonderland in costume. They dont even allow cosplayers in the Eaton Center in toronto :(

Sonsko-chan
09-16-2006, 11:10 AM
You know, I don't think they care as long as you're not in costume from their movies and above the age of twelve.

I figure if we just wear the basic clothes parts and maybe a few accessories, they wouldn't kick us out. xP

Mekou
09-16-2006, 12:43 PM
>> They dont even allow cosplayers in the Eaton Center in toronto

Just to clarify, it's not that they don't allow cosplayers, they don't like us taking tons and tons of photos in there. XD But if you're just walking around or in there eating in the food court NOT taking photos then it's not like they'll kick you out.

sweet_kat22
09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Oh I see, so I can go and walk around and eat but no photos... Got it :)

AuroraHermione
09-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Disneyland wont let you in if you're wearing anything that is obviously a costume, although I've heard of exception, such as a Saiyuki group getting in around AX one year. They were pretty lenient on the day of the Pirates Premier, but then again, most of them were teenyboppers wearing a bandanna. However, mine was a corset and skirt with petticoat and I had no problems, although I did have the argument that it was all bought at regular stores and therefore they coudn't really do anything.

I wouldn't try it unless you bring regular clothes to change into in case they get mad. Especially now that they have a Jack Sparrow face character, it would be difficult to get it past them.

Sonsko-chan
09-16-2006, 03:36 PM
But if it's better than their Jack, it'll be free promo. xD;

Pfft, YES. Regular clothes=love. No, I mean, wear the basic actual clothes and put on a FEW accessories in the park. xD;

sweet_kat22
09-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Damn I wish I could go to see if my jack is better then their jack lol. I bet anyone could do a better Jack then that Jack though like we said before. And I think they would get angry for that exact reason. Everyone will think that its the Jack working for disney and their not.

Moon Prince
09-16-2006, 03:48 PM
At the most, I wil just wear my "jack hand stuff"

besides, I just don't feel right going to a premiere in a costume of the character.. I would want the star to know that I'm there for them not the character... and well, not look like too much of a rabid geek. :toothy:

sithcamaro
09-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I bought mostly all the fabric i need. The hardest was her skirt. All i need to do is find trim.

Sith* The japenese costume you made for Jack. Is that one of the costume in the third movie? Because i seen it on other websites.

Everyine is wondering.

Chinese, not Japanese! :)
And yeah, that's a design out of my own twisted mind. Cobbled together by other character's costumes.

Eh sith. Can you give me some advice on what to do for a new wig? Yours looks pretty real.

That's because it IS real hair! Well, it's a human hair wig base, with synthetic dreads stitched in. You've gotta get some special dread hair, and natty it all up.

sithcamaro
09-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Ah, and check out the latest Jack discovery! No more drawing headscarves by hand (for me)!
http://www.sithcamaro.com/auction/scarf2.gif

Moon Prince
09-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Damn I wish I could go to see if my jack is better then their jack lol. I bet anyone could do a better Jack then that Jack though like we said before. And I think they would get angry for that exact reason. Everyone will think that its the Jack working for disney and their not.

You will get mobbed... I don't think you would want that. ^_^

I've posted one of these before.. "Official Disney Jacks"
One of the Disneyland Jacks found out this one's name is Brandon.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/229/jacksparrow1it5.jpg

and Jack at the El Capitan theater
(oh, and yes, that' me...)
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2334/img0596fk3.jpg

Moon Prince
09-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Ah, and check out the latest Jack discovery! No more drawing headscarves by hand (for me)!
http://www.sithcamaro.com/auction/scarf2.gif

very cool... i wonder if the person I may be getting the dangles and buckles from does the head scarfs or might know where I could get one...

sweet_kat22
09-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow sith. You use your own hair? You really are hardcore. And wow, thats pretty identical to Jack, your head scarf pictures I mean.

And blah I really dislike their disneyland Jack still :p

Hm I thought the scarf I bought was pretty identical as well, but it is hard to tell in my pictures.

George duel
09-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Sith, for Heaven's sake, how did you do that scarf (have you finally found someone who have the right motif and fabric or now you are mass-producing these beauties? Let me know... Please;) )

Moon Prince
09-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Wow sith. You use your own hair? You really are hardcore. And wow, thats pretty identical to Jack, your head scarf pictures I mean.

And blah I really dislike their disneyland Jack still :p

Hm I thought the scarf I bought was pretty identical as well, but it is hard to tell in my pictures.

I think the El Capitan Jack had a little more lose restriction... as in I some of his hair was his own or at the very least his hair appliences were better...

You see? Disneyland has a strict 'dress code' of NO FACIAL hair, so the Jacks can't even grow their own beards if they were willing to.. ^^;

sweet_kat22
09-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I was just watching Ellen and Orlando was on. I didnt really like him as much before but he seems pretty sweet. And he said they are probably only making 3 pirate movies. They are still making the third one right now like you guys said. :p Thats about all he said about pirates.

NeonHurricane
09-17-2006, 08:14 PM
First note, found some halloween makeup at the store and bought it! So, I thought I'd take a look at what I look like with JS makeup on. (I gotta say though I do need to work on my technique but.. this was only a demo anyways)

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/jonathandepp.jpeg

All the facial hair is makeup (although I am at the age where there is enough facial hair that it looks almost real). When I put on the makeup I was sort of... amazed to be honest, I actually do have a remote resemblence once I place it on.

Now on to informative stuff, I found a hat that has really good JS dreads. (found it for a cheaper price than this website, but I know that this is the exact product I got)

http://www.spirithalloween.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/216e5cfb-40f7-4805-8f41-f61ad3dcf9f2/productID/f0685de2-7094-41c7-919c-dfa24b27fa98/

Now I actually managed to find this at a Disney store outlet (even though it's not disney merchandise), but this is the same exact product.

The dreads themselves are dark brown, but they actually have a lot of strange fibers and stuff mixed in so it actually looks a whole lot like Jack's actual dreads.

This picture gives an example of what I mean:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/dreads_001.jpg

Yeah, its a bright picture, but that gives you an idea of the texture. But now to negatives... I admit the hat itself is pretty lousy, it's not even like a full hat, it's like wearing a collar on your head. But if you're looking to steal some dreads... this is a good hat, and if you look at the right places the price is good too.

EDIT: Sorry for the large pics, I had resized ones, but they didn't realise I didn't upload them until like.. forever after I put hese up.

Moon Prince
09-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I do believe those are the things I saw at the soda shop next to El Capitan when I saw POTC 2 there... They do look good. I was going to buy them but decided to wait until the halloweeny stores opened.

make up looks good... I'm still wondering how mine's gonna look.. as I stated before, I've got the Asian no eyelid thing....

sweet_kat22
09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
First note, found some halloween makeup at the store and bought it! So, I thought I'd take a look at what I look like with JS makeup on. (I gotta say though I do need to work on my technique but.. this was only a demo anyways)

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/jonathandepp.jpg

You are one good looking guy if you dont mind me saying :) You will make a good jack sparrow too heh. You got the structure for it thats for sure :p

Phantom Pirate
09-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Those chin braids are pretty decent- I'd still thin them out a little.

I can't get my eyes to look like Jack's. Whenever I put on that much eyeliner, I look like some kind of demented goth wannabe. Any tips?

sweet_kat22
09-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Hmmm, if you use the eyeliner and it turns out too dark then wash a bit of it off (use a bit of water on a clean ax) and it will leave a light circle under your eyes. I did that if mine turned out too dark. Also, if you dont have any tanning lotion or make up for tanning on then it wont look as good because I was really white before I put the lotion on and the lotion made all the make up a bit better.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=835815

Thats how my make up turned out. The mustache still needs work cuz that was friday and I was rushing to put it on. :p

Hm maybe its my lips too that make me look more like a woman.
Eh this is the only picture you can see my blue eyes in. Every other picture gives me red eye so you cant tell. But blue eye jack isnt that bad lol.

stefunierocks
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/Tia/DSC00940.jpg

The wig isnt done yet. The costume itself is done. It needs to be stained, dyed and tattered.

I'll have pictures of myself at Mickey's Not so Scary halloween party, after next weekend. I'll make sure to post.

I still have soo much to do this week!

piratelife4me
09-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Amazing, i am still struggling to finish it before Mickey['s not so scary halloween party. I am taking my little sister so it wouldn't look weird for me going by myself.

I just bought my dreadlocks extension. I have no idea when i will get them.

Do u have a coat or is it one piece dress?

I am just now finishing the coat then i the bodice is next.

Stefunierocks:
Since you live in Tampa. Are you going to the Pirate festival.

stefunierocks
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Amazing, i am still struggling to finish it before Mickey['s not so scary halloween party. I am taking my little sister so it wouldn't look weird for me going by myself.

I just bought my dreadlocks extension. I have no idea when i will get them.

Do u have a coat or is it one piece dress?

I am just now finishing the coat then i the bodice is next.

Stefunierocks:
Since you live in Tampa. Are you going to the Pirate festival.

It's one piece. Dont forget, i didnt start from scratch, i built onto a pre-exhisting dress, I built the layers you see from the front first. Then built the back train and attatched it, then pinned it up. Then I added the top of the back, which had to be reworked, due to the zipper in the preexhisting dress, and the flipper part of the back of the dress. I sewed all of that into the dress.

This dress has become my CHILD. lol.

Are you talking about Gaspirilla? I generally do not attend gaspirilla, but i might this year, since i have a costume. Other then that, i might be working the Ren. Festival at Mosi. Is there a pirate festical other than gaspirilla?

And please, post some pics of your costume!!

NeonHurricane
09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Applause stefunierocks, that's probably the best TD I've seen yet. You said the wig wasn't finished? Does that have to do with the length? I don't exactly remember how long the hair was in the movie but I remember it shorter... or is that just me?

I can't get my eyes to look like Jack's. Whenever I put on that much eyeliner, I look like some kind of demented goth wannabe. Any tips?

Well, I'll add my two cents (sweet_kat22's advice is probably safer than mine lol)

I do agree its easy to overdo. What I tried to do was to make up that area (this was halloween makeup just to clarify) lightly over and over again until I got the look I wanted. So I guess this tip is start subtle, then keep adding until you get the right look?

You are one good looking guy if you dont mind me saying You will make a good jack sparrow too heh. You got the structure for it thats for sure

Why thank you. :) I've been flattered and got an ego boost simultaneously. "It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide."

stefunierocks
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Applause stefunierocks, that's probably the best TD I've seen yet. You said the wig wasn't finished? Does that have to do with the length? I don't exactly remember how long the hair was in the movie but I remember it shorter... or is that just me?

Thank you so much. It means a lot. Ive poured so much of my time into this crazy dress. :)

Her hair is layered. Tiny dreads around her crown, long dreads framing her face and about 5 or 6 dreads, different lengths going down to her stomach. I also had to tie in feathers, string, some brown and white color, and 'dirty' it up.

I'm heading to the tanning salon on thursday to become a bit browner, as you can see, im very caucasian. lol. And ive got all the make-up, teeth fx, gold teeth, etc.

I'll probably do a test run thursday night. And put everything on and take some pics. If I have time, i'll post.

Thanks for the support.

Im very excited to put all of it together for the party.

NeonHurricane
09-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Just a reminder (But surely you all know by now) that Talk Like a Pirate Day is tomorrow! So be sure your Piratical vocabulary is in ship shape! Savvy?

sweet_kat22
09-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Sure thing mate, but I dont think I'm going to talk like Jack tomorrow. I will on the internet. If I had the guts to wear my costume for no reason I would wear it out tomorrow :p

Sonsko-chan
09-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Aye, I'll wear something pirate-y tomorrow. :]
At the very least, I'll try to remember to always say 'Aye' in place of 'yes'. Mate and savvy should also be easy.

GabrielDarkhawk
09-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Ah! Tommorow is Talk Like a Pirate Day! XD Shoot...I'll have to be dressing up for another event. I'll grab one of my POTC necklaces. ^_^

Phantom Pirate
09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
stefunierocks, your Tia Dalma costume ROCKS my face.

I'm so glad someone actually did her costume- now my friend and I have yet another reference pic!

Oh crap- tomorrow IS talk like a pirate day! I was all decked out in my POTC gear *today!* (Just because I felt like it.) Oh well. I'm a pirate. I can wear POTC 2 days in a row if I feel like it.

sweet_kat22
09-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Eh guys check this out:

http://www.buycostumes.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=17855&AFC-cju&link=datafeed&AID=10273928&PID=1982649&SID=deluxegypsypiratewig

Wouldnt that be a hot wig for Jack :p It is expensive though. And I think its too long for me but anyone else who is looking might be good if you got the money. Cuz right now I am still broke from buying other pieces. I am just doing some research on wigs right now. I think I found another one that is brown and shoulder length that I can play with and just make the brade in the back that he has, and a few dread locks :p

This is the kind I wanna get:

http://www.clicket.com/xmas/new/NewSearch.asp?Term=Pirate&TN=0&Gender=U&SubCat=Wigs&SearchString=Pirate

The brown one titled: Item# 24703-12
Buccaneer Wig Brown

Bah, that wench wig is less expensive then the one I want and it looks more real lol.

Phantom Pirate
09-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Those wigs are pretty decent, but Jack's are still more nappy and dirty.

piratelife4me
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I am planning to go to the pirate weekend at ren fest in tampa. I so wanted to work there as the chess fighters. Hope to see you there in costume.

It is the only pirate festival in tampa.

http://www.piratefair.com/

sweet_kat22
09-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Hah their jack in that picture is pretty good.

And yeah. I know but I prefer the clean version of Jack instead. Guess you can say I am creating my own version of him. My clothes for him were pretty clean as well. I know it doesnt match his character but meh, I would rather wear it that way :p And I could always mess the wig up just as I tried to with my black one for CN.

I dunno why but thats just how I wanna do it even though it takes away from the original character. I cant really explain it but I feel more comfortable in clean, well made clothes rather then ratted and torn clothes.

So I present the clean version of Jack Sparrow lol. Oh yeah one of my friends from my group said "Jack Sparrow finally had a bath" Guess thats my title for it lol.

Heh that gives me a great skit idea for the masq :p

Phantom Pirate
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
XD Roll Jack out in a bubble bath

piratelife4me
09-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Hay guess what i found that i have been waiting to show you guys.
It has nothing to do with my costume but it is good memories.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/05-2.jpg

I got leid badly : not that way.
My dad came all the way from hawaii to see me graduate.

NeonHurricane
09-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I've never seen such a bounty of flowers on a single 'uman bein' says I. O_O

sweet_kat22
09-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Heh, maybe just with a bar of soap, gotta come up with a good act. Now that I know how a masquerade runs I can have the Speaker say something.

sithcamaro
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Hay guess what i found that i have been waiting to show you guys.
It has nothing to do with my costume but it is good memories.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/05-2.jpg

I got leid badly : not that way.
My dad came all the way from hawaii to see me graduate.

I don't see anything, but an enormous stack of flowers!

sithcamaro
09-19-2006, 01:28 PM
BTW, a Tia Dalma, from Dragoncon.
http://sithcamaro.com/dc06/images/dc06%20102_jpg.jpg

sweet_kat22
09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow, I wish I could have gone to dragon con, but thats just too far for me.
She looks just like the movie dalma. :)

piratelife4me
09-19-2006, 05:20 PM
I have seen her from other pictures to. She is really lucky to find all her fabric. When i am still panicking just to find the skirt.

I am need to find a shell belt like hers.

sweet_kat22
09-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Hah, perfect idea for a new Jack skit, something to do with a bar of soap and the Mentos candy / commercial music, damn that be halarious. I can just see Jack dancing to the mentos commercial music. I have to do this for Anime North hehehe.

"Mentos the fresh maker, Savvy?"

We used to poke fun of that commercial all the time in highschool :p I'm sure it will bring back memories :p

NeonHurricane
09-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Hah, perfect idea for a new Jack skit, something to do with a bar of soap and the Mentos candy / commercial music, damn that be halarious. I can just see Jack dancing to the mentos commercial music. I have to do this for Anime North hehehe.

"Mentos the fresh maker, Savvy?"

We used to poke fun of that commercial all the time in highschool :p I'm sure it will bring back memories :p

"I've got a bar of sooaaapp, I've got a bar of sooaaapp, look at how clean I am!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Er, anyway... got my shirt today, and I decided I'd make a random Jack video just for the heck of it. So here's me, messing around with my camera... in a bathroom... as a pirate.

Sheesh, sounds like something you make when you're drunk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hPtHnutBg

And yes, I know I'm a bit of chubby Sparrow, but someone's gotta represent right? YEAH!

sweet_kat22
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Lmao. I wish I had a camera now.

That was pretty funny. You got the swagger. I still cant get a hold of the swagger. Even though they said I had it at the con I dont think I did until the masquerade.

Omg you dont mind if I use the "I've got a bar of soap" Bit do you? damn that be so funny. I can come on stage singing "I got a bar of soap, I got a bar of soap".... Then all of a sudden the mentos music comes on and I dance to it while I trip over to the speaker, I hand him a mentos and take a drink of rum then I say "Mentos the fresh maker savvy?"

And you need to get the hair and the beads but so far you got the swagger right. Its the hardest part. I got hips cuz Im a woman so its hard for me to do the swagger without my hips going everywhere.

Where did you get your shirt and vest? Is it the same links you posted before?

Phantom Pirate
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Sith, I love the Santa Jack!

(And the Slapfest video....XD)

NeonHurricane
09-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Omg you dont mind if I use the "I've got a bar of soap" Bit do you? damn that be so funny. I can come on stage singing "I got a bar of soap, I got a bar of soap".... Then all of a sudden the mentos music comes on and I dance to it while I trip over to the speaker, I hand him a mentos and take a drink of rum then I say "Mentos the fresh maker savvy?"

Go ahead and use it! It'd be funny! :)

Where did you get your shirt and vest? Is it the same links you posted before?

The vest came from this pattern (http://www.reddawn.net/costume/art/pattern/4923.jpg), and the shirt from here. (http://www.garbtheworld.com/items/g0020.shtml)

The shirt itself is not exactly accurate, but it's definatley a good pirate shirt. The main thing is that (with mine, they do make custom clothes) the material is sort of stiff-er than Jacks (granted this is just going by how it was out of the box), and the neck cut is way high (but I sorta like that.. modesty whoo!) but all in all its a good shirt, and I reccomend it, the price may be considered high but it's definatley more than just a costume-y shirt.

When it comes to the vest, I have to admit... it turned out I didn't really work on it too much (Gotta love parental units eh?) so I don't know whether it was hard to make. But, my impression was no, it wasn't, I mean.. it was only 8 steps afterall...

Moon Prince
09-20-2006, 01:18 AM
I've got that pattern for my costume.... My sewing class starts this Saturday.

I should start making my belts and stuff.. I have the toys for the buckles, but I might have a source to get 'real' ones.

sweet_kat22
09-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Hehe thanks it will be funny :)

And cool. Good luck with the rest of your costumes both of you :p

piratelife4me
09-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Yep i use that pattern for my coat which i gave to a freind for 100 bucks

Since i was doing tia i didn't need it but i had to have money too.

It was navy blue and it was tough.

stefunierocks
09-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Make up test last night

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/Tia/DSC01092.jpg

Had to see how the teeth fx stuff worked.

Moon Prince
09-20-2006, 04:25 PM
I need to find something for my Jack teeth.... you know, the gold and silver...

I may ask a friend of mine to make the jacket...

Looks great, stefunierocks

Moon Prince
09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
ever wonder what Jack's hair looks like without th scarf?

I uploaded a few screen caps of Johnny getting the wig put on...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/elovesjsparrow/wigon2.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/elovesjsparrow/wigon4.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/elovesjsparrow/wigon5.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/elovesjsparrow/wigon6.jpg

NeonHurricane
09-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey! Cool! Thanks for posting that, very intriguing.

EDIT: Oh! And the TD makeup is really cool!

Moon Prince
09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Now if the East India Trading Company brand were accurate to actual historical facts? There would be a "P" branding on his forehead. LOL The writers decided to take liberties and put it on his arm as we would find ourselves distracted by the fact that there was a branded "P" underneath that scarf.

sweet_kat22
09-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Cool! Where did you get those pics? Heh he looks kinda serious in those pics :p And why would he put on the wig before he has the costume on? I always put my wig on last cuz otherwise its hard to get the costume on heh.

Phantom Pirate
09-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I wanna flick Johnny's little ponytail SO bad. I'd seriously pay a million bucks just to play with it for 5 minutes.

sweet_kat22
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Omg lol that made me giggle so much :) Thanks for making the rest of my night giggly :p

piratelife4me
09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
i hate florida weather. I had to stay outside and pull weeds in the sun. But i got a darker tan again. i swear i tan in like 30 min. Thanks to my dads genes.

Stefunie: are you actually going to put the black ink in your mouth?

Sonsko-chan
09-20-2006, 09:38 PM
For Talk Like a Pirate Day, my friend tried to give me Jack eyes. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time and my eyeliner was so dull you couldn't line anything with it. D:<

Ah, well.

stefunierocks
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
i hate florida weather. I had to stay outside and pull weeds in the sun. But i got a darker tan again. i swear i tan in like 30 min. Thanks to my dads genes.

Stefunie: are you actually going to put the black ink in your mouth?

its not ink. Its this stuff:

http://www.halloweenexpress.com/tooth-black-p-1889.html

I bought the nicotene one, and the black one. I'll keep them on me, as im not sure of their longevity.

Its non-toxic and its safe. Doesnt taste great, but ah well.

Stays on really really well.

NeonHurricane
09-21-2006, 12:09 AM
This was posted in the POTC Costuming Yahoo group, and I'd thought I'd pass it here aswell, it's very imformative.

How To Make Or Buy A Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate Costume, Plus Makeup (http://www.knowledgehound.com/khhow2s/make_jack_sparrow_pirate_costume.htm)

KatsuyaTsubasa
09-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Very nice site NeonHurricane

Here is some progress of my Davy.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=851559
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=851558
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=851557

Moon Prince
09-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Sweet_Kat, the pics were from the short "Becoming Jack" on the "lost disc"

I still think it's funny that Johnny based the character on Keith Richards and Pepe Le Pu... a rock star and a love struck skunk.

Thanks for the reference page Neon, I had found that page at one point but I lost it.

Gah. 16 buttons... I hope I can find enough at Jo Ann on friday. Team member double discount day. I get 30% off everything...

any have a close up of his right hand front and back?

piratelife4me
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Stefunie: thanks i will order some right away.

I am trying to finish the coat but i need the ball trim to do that.

I will upload pics as soon as i am done.

When are you going to Mickey's halloween party?

stefunierocks
09-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Stefunie: thanks i will order some right away.

I am trying to finish the coat but i need the ball trim to do that.

I will upload pics as soon as i am done.

When are you going to Mickey's halloween party?

Tomorrow night! (friday!)

Im so not ready.

NeonHurricane
09-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Tomorrow night! (friday!)

Im so not ready.

Wait... tomorrow? I forgot they did it so early! O_o

Edit: And to WingedSephiroth... "nice hat."

sweet_kat22
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
I am so excited, I found a replica shirt and vest for my costume on Ebay. AND a perfect brown wig that looks just like his. Although I have no idea how I will ever pay all this off lol. It is going to cost me an extra 200 bucks for these pieces. So thats 600 in total now. Plus I am going to go to Wall Mart to get boots I bet those are like 30 or 40. They wont look like pirate boots but they are suede brown boots that will work anyway. Lol I saw a girl in my class wearing them, and asked her where she got them :p (I mean they dont have the flap over them like Jacks boots but they are the same color and knee high).

Mekou
09-21-2006, 11:58 PM
>> (I mean they dont have the flap over them like Jacks boots but they are the same color and knee high).

To fix that yo can get matching suede (or at least clone enough) and just sew/tuck/pin it to the top of your boots so you will have the flaps. And congrats on your find! XD

Moon Prince
09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
I have these shoes I was going to use for another costume... they are not accurate for the boots.. but I may use them as they will make me taller.. i'm only 5'4 lol

I still would like to find boots...

and this is just so wrong. Glad this version wasn't used...
Yo Ho a pirate's life for me DEMO
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ib9tfi

and the version we are acustomed to...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/46aov6

Phantom Pirate
09-22-2006, 07:11 AM
www.renboots.com is an excellent supplier of boots- a tad pricey, but excellent quality. I love going in their shoppe (old school spelling yay) when they come to the Renaissance Festival here...you can try on boots all you want and there's nothing they can do about it!

Man, if I had a pair of "Cap'n Jack" boots from them, I'd wear them to school!

piratelife4me
09-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Wait... tomorrow? I forgot they did it so early! O_o

Edit: And to WingedSephiroth... "nice hat."

Are you going to Mickey's ....... I really want ot bring my friends but they are not in the things that i am into. So i have to bring my sister so it wouldn't look so weird going by myself.:lost:

I order boots from that website but they are small now. i might sell them on ebay. They really last long but it gets really hot in there when your in the sun.

stefunierocks
09-22-2006, 09:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/1197195544_l.jpg

and im spent. I'll have more detailed pics of the party tonight.

That isnt even finished. I ended up staying up 2 hours to adorn more shells and stuff on it. oy.

sweet_kat22
09-22-2006, 10:38 AM
www.renboots.com is an excellent supplier of boots- a tad pricey, but excellent quality. I love going in their shoppe (old school spelling yay) when they come to the Renaissance Festival here...you can try on boots all you want and there's nothing they can do about it!

Man, if I had a pair of "Cap'n Jack" boots from them, I'd wear them to school!

Yeah but they are EXPENSIVE. Im not spending 400 bucks on Jacks boots :p Which is why Im gonna buy from wall mart :)

NeonHurricane
09-22-2006, 03:47 PM
I got my boots from these people:

http://www.5thfloorproductions.com/plbrpibo.html
http://www.5thfloorproductions.com/brlepibo.html

The prices are the lowest I've found for Pirate boots. I know they're not neccisarily accurate due to the fact they are leather rather than suede, but the price is good, and they definatley complete the pirate look.

EDIT: Are you going to Mickey's ....... I really want ot bring my friends but they are not in the things that i am into. So i have to bring my sister so it wouldn't look so weird going by myself.

I'm afraid I'm not... sorry. But I'm definatley going to get to the Pirate and Princess dealie in February, so if anybody is going to that, let me know! It'd be cool! :)

EDIT (AGAIN!): Wish me luck on my wig styling!

sweet_kat22
09-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Ooo thanks I might actually get those since they arent a bad price! Although I am unsure of buying boots online cuz I cant try them on :( I have very small feet and sometimes need to buy from the childrens shoes so they fit me :p

Eh guys. I am abit worried about a bidding I have done on ebay. I have been reading a lot lately about scams on ebay and stuff.

Has anyone besides me bought costume pieces from ebay? I have had a good experience in the past so far with ebay users, although this auction includes Jacks shirt, vest and pants for only 100 bucks. Is that expensive or is it suspicious?

Oh and the Jack wig I found is almost 100 bucks as well.

Phantom Pirate
09-22-2006, 11:20 PM
100 bucks? For all that? I'd say it's a most excellent deal.

NeonHurricane
09-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Well I think my wig is pretty much finished (not counting the beads and whatnot)!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=852698

I'd love any feedback, or anything you care to throw my way.

And when it comes to the ebay thing, it seems to me that costuming people tend to be very legit when it comes to ebay selling (I see people link to ebay all the time relating to Jack Sparrow stuff in particular), but I'd definatley look at customer ratings and whatnot, for they might point out some things. And also you could always try being a little bit... pushy? Like, perhaps e-mailing the seller for details or pictures or something?

Moon Prince
09-23-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm still hoping the contact I have for the dangles and buckles can come through..

I must remember to bring my wig when I go to costume and wig shops.. to match color...

I've bought 4 more Japanese movie mags with Johnny on the cover.. I've got a pretty nice heavy, as JPN mags are heavy of mags for POTC stuff/people. 1 mag with Keira on the cover, 8 with Johnny, and 1 with orlando... some of them have some prety cool freebies... and there are some good ref pics..

sweet_kat22
09-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Cool ok thanks, that ensured me a bit more. Actually they do have a lot of pics in the bid. I would post it but I would be afraid someone will outbid me :)

I will post it when the bidding is done heh.

And WOW Your wig looks pretty good so far. Except why is there bangs in
the front? Where did you get your sail needle? Mine broke a while back :(

NeonHurricane
09-23-2006, 11:25 AM
And WOW Your wig looks pretty good so far. Except why is there bangs in
the front? Where did you get your sail needle? Mine broke a while back :(

Well that pic shows them hanging down, I always when I put it on brush them to the side like in that pic Moon Prince posted, but either way it doesen't show up under the scarf.

The sailneedle was basically shaped from a long wooden stick (felt nearly as light as styrofoam) I got from a local craftstore. I took sandpaper to it to make the shape (and put a hole through it with a screwdriver). I'm hoping it'll last, it doesen't exactly feel like the most sturdy wood in the world.

sweet_kat22
09-23-2006, 04:14 PM
I lost the bidding :( Cant afford any higher kinda sucks. I hope he puts up another one.

Anyway Heh I thought of a great idea for another skit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udWTWJlhRe8

Anyone watch the Muppets Show? This song is so funny. I thought of making a similar act with the song that the muppets are doing there, except Jack is hitting on a couple of women and trying to get them to go off with him. Mouthing the "Manah manah" lines and the women mouthing the other lines as he makes many attempts to hit on them but they keep turning him down.

I thought it would be halarious :p

djsequence
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
If you need some pointers for a Jack Sparrow costume check out Toebie's site below^^ He's so good at cosplay! :D
http://www.sithcamaro.com/main.html

This is a funny clip with Johnny Depp on asian television... The point was to get him to laugh XD Just though any fans would like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EdkL30Sb8I

Anywhoo,
I'm so close to finishing sewing my Norrington (dmc) costume right now! lol You should see the accesories I'm bringing! XD It's so exciting ! XD I'm working on voice too^^
I'm planning to bring a special treat (Muhaha!) for any Jack Sparrows I run into at Anime North07... But it's a secret.

WOA! A Davy Jones Cosplay! Now I would love to see that! It'll be awesome! Tres bon! :toothy: Hehe... a crab arm! :D

sweet_kat22
09-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Actually he posts here too.
And that interview was so cute :p Johnny is really a sweet guy lol.

djsequence
09-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Whoops sorry bout that... I'm a new person here ^^;

piratelife4me
09-23-2006, 05:59 PM
I got my boots from these people:

EDIT:

I'm afraid I'm not... sorry. But I'm definatley going to get to the Pirate and Princess dealie in February, so if anybody is going to that, let me know! It'd be cool! :)

EDIT (AGAIN!): Wish me luck on my wig styling!

Oh i want to go to that. Do you think that Tia would listed as a pirate?
I really hope so because i want to take any chance by getting into magic kingdom as much as possible with my costume.

:confused: I noticed that my coat was sewed wrong and now i have to take the whole thing apart!!!!! I am really trying to finish it to show you guys.
then i need to work on the hard part. THE BODICE.:eek:

Moon Prince
09-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Manah Manah... that is such a great song! I can just picture Pintel and Ragetti doing one of the "Do do do-bee's" lol

I found a pair of boots at Target... not at all perfect but they will work since I planned on making covers for them anyway. I had to get two sizes larger to fit my wide toes and biker calves... lol

I think I'm going to throw together a quickie Jack costume for Halloween to wear to work at Jo Ann... I'm going to wear my kiddie accessories.. and maybe my kiddie bandana.. It will give me an excuse to wear the pants I'm making in my sewing class, my Jack hat, and my ring.

NeonHurricane
09-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Oh i want to go to that. Do you think that Tia would listed as a pirate?
I really hope so because i want to take any chance by getting into magic kingdom as much as possible with my costume.

It is "Pirates" and Princesses, and she is in a movie called "Pirates" of the Caribbean, so I think it'd be fine. Granted of course you would probably be one of the few who do go as Tia, but that's kinda the cool part?

In my case however, I'm gonna see clones of myself everywhere... but everyone will know I'm the one and only Captain Jack. ;) Lets hope sithcamaro doesen't randomly come out of the blue for this event (as cool as he would be to see) or I'll be creamed when it comes to his accuracy. :P

Moon Prince
09-24-2006, 01:42 AM
You know? I was thinking of getting knitting needles for my sailneedle. lol Just some sanding down for the shape...

And if anybody needs screen caps, let me know, the scene and what exactly you need. and I will try to snap one for you.

sweet_kat22
09-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Lmao, I dunno if I would find anyone going to the same con who would be dressed as Pintel and Ragetti. But that would be funny heh.

Oh please post the pics of the sail needle you get so I can see. Cuz like I said mine broke and I am still looking for a replacement. Which sucks cuz the one I had I didnt even get to use before it broke :(

80 Bucks for a replica Jack Sparrow wig on ebay. Is it worth it? Some hair dresser made the wig and it looks just like his hair. I dont like spending that much just for the wig. But it looks so close to his hair.

NeonHurricane
09-24-2006, 01:30 PM
80 Bucks for a replica Jack Sparrow wig on ebay. Is it worth it? Some hair dresser made the wig and it looks just like his hair. I dont like spending that much just for the wig. But it looks so close to his hair.

Does it have the beads in it and everything? Or is it just tha hair? Because if it had the beads AND looked like his hair I think it could be worth it. My wig (which looks pretty close to the real deal, not as scraggly looking however) currently is 55 bucks, and that's without all the jingly stuff.

Phantom Pirate
09-24-2006, 01:54 PM
XD XD XD That asian interview was absolutely hysterical.

sweet_kat22
09-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow, I paid 70 bucks for the bandana and the beads alone. Damn I think I spent way too much on that then.

And no it doesnt its just the wig itself. I already have the bandana, which I paid 70 bucks for (included all the beads and sailneedle) But still.

stefunierocks
09-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I'll be at the pirates and princesses event, as Tia. Let me know when you plan on going. Maybe we could all rendevouz for pics :)

I'll post more later. But heres a tease from the weekend. Im exhausted.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010039.jpg

My friends, last minute thrown together from wal-mart, Elizabeth Swan Costume

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010040.jpg

Me!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010041.jpg

Some pirates and us

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010046.jpg

The first of many Jacks I met

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010047.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010093.jpg

the ex. lol

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010129.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/9242006/S3010136.jpg

The last Jack I met.

We had a BLAST! More later.

gelflinggal
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Looks as if you had a lot of fun!!

I'm so jealous....:bigtu:

A

NeonHurricane
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Heh, I finally decided to show off my (mainly) finished costume to some reletives in the area. The car ride over was the funniest thing ever. Baisically I had the window down so everybody could see in and in a in-character position, and I seriously was half expecting an accident to happen due to all the doulbe takes I was getting! Seriously, like every car we passed would look at me rather than the road. It was like if there was an alien siting in the car or something. But it was all topped off when we saw a biker dude at the stoplight. We looked at each other and nodded cooly.

It was hilarious. But of course, once we came back I got some awkward questions from neighbors (we live in a condo complex thing).

"Were you in a play?"

"What? Oh! You mean the get-up I was in?"

"Yeah"

"Nah, just being a geek."

Great stuff stefunierocks, but you gotta answer this. I know WDW like the back of my hand.. but for the life of me I can't figure out where that fountain is! Where were those pictures taken?

Phantom Pirate
09-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I'd love to go to Mickey's Halloween Party someday...

stefunierocks
09-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Great stuff stefunierocks, but you gotta answer this. I know WDW like the back of my hand.. but for the life of me I can't figure out where that fountain is! Where were those pictures taken?

All Star Music, outside the Jazz Building ;)

You live in fl right? We should get together and get "to know each other" (lol kidding...) We should get together and take pictures. Neither of us are the size the celebrities who play them are (im not being offensive, you said yourself..) Where in FL are you?

sweet_kat22
09-25-2006, 08:40 PM
"Were you in a play?"
"What? Oh! You mean the get-up I was in?"
"Yeah"
"Nah, just being a geek."

hahehehe. Thats a funny story. I should really wear my Jack costume on a random day too and see the reactions :p

And wow. That disney thing looks like a lot of fun! I like that Davy jones costume.

NeonHurricane
09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
All Star Music, outside the Jazz Building ;)

You live in fl right? We should get together and get "to know each other" (lol kidding...) We should get together and take pictures. Neither of us are the size the celebrities who play them are (im not being offensive, you said yourself..) Where in FL are you?

Ah so that's where that was!

Aye, I'm in FL, in Kissimmee to be exact, basically right next door to Disney. Once I get my costume finished taking pics with other PotC cosplayers is definatley a must!

Moon Prince
09-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Yay for wearing costumes 'just because'.

I'm hoping I can make my costume work.... I should start working on the accessories.

costumes look great guys!

piratelife4me
09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Ah so that's where that was!

Aye, I'm in FL, in Kissimmee to be exact, basically right next door to Disney. Once I get my costume finished taking pics with other PotC cosplayers is definatley a must!

I live in the heart of Orlando and i go to disney every friday, saturday, and sunday night. I am one of the hula dancers at the Polyniesain Resort. I dance in the luau with Stitch and dance to elvis music :untrust:
That is way it is hard for me to go to Mickey's Halloween because i can't get those days off without a replacement.

I might transfer to Universal Studios because their Luau is more tranditional.

That would cool to get together and take pics.

I am almost down with my coat.

Moon Prince
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I used to do hula when I was little... i miss the polynesian place at D-land. I never got the chance to go inside.. I always wanted to. Now it's Aladdin. blech.

I've started on my belts. heh....

Phantom Pirate
09-26-2006, 07:26 PM
It's like, my DREAM to work at Disneyland someday as Ariel or Belle. (Or Elizabeth Swann, if those rumors are true)

NeonHurricane
09-26-2006, 08:05 PM
It's like, my DREAM to work at Disneyland someday as Ariel or Belle. (Or Elizabeth Swann, if those rumors are true)

Not sure about a "character," but supposedly imagineering wants to add both Elizabeth and Will to the ride in coming years. Don't know whether it'll happen however.

You know if we floridians ever did take photos... it would be kinda funny... two Tia's and a Jack. Sorta sounds like a sitcom title dosesn't it? lol

Well, I finally got some beads into my wig, and my baldric is on its way (took me forever to accept they ain't cheap lol). It's all coming together!

Hm... so I guess all that's left is practicing my Jack Sparrow run.

AAAUUHHHAUUGHHAAAAHH!

Although the good thing about this costume is that I can keep adding to it for as long as I want... because seriously that guy has more stuff on him than inside Wal-Mart. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next movie we discover he's hiding a portable toilet in his frock coat.

Wow, my posts are long. O.o

Which is strange... because I'm a quiet person...

SHUTUP!

Phantom Pirate
09-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Haha I always run like Jack now...it's always fun to hear the laughter behind you when you flail your arms and haul ass like the devil himself t'were upon you.

Sonsko-chan
09-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I've always run like that. Is that bad?

Moon Prince
09-27-2006, 02:03 AM
*laughs* Now when I do my Pee-Wee Herman scream people think I'm screaming like Jack. So I guess I have that down at least.

Face Characters are rather difficult to get into... I friends who had tried. It would be cool if they were to add Will and Elizabeth.

Wediznutt
09-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Wow! Sound like MK version of Mickey's Halloween Treat is/was going to be better than our Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disney's California Adventure! Sure wish we could have it in Disneyland! Also from the looks of Davy Jones you guys were also able to wears masks! Strictly forbidden in our parks! I miss the old Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween when it was first held in Disneyland back in 1995!:cheers:

Cool costumes! Looks like you guys had fun!

Wediznutt
09-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Oops I meant 'make up regime' too much rum!

My friend that will be doing my make up contacted Mac when she saw the end credits to POTC-DMC. Being that she is a Mac makeup fanatic she inquired about the make up strategies for me including my Cannibal Jack make up! Hope this helps!

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M7A7C Pro Online. I'm happy to
assist you.

Her email:

I noticed in the credits for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest that
MAC was listed as the makeup artists (or makeup provider) for the movie. I
am doing the makeup of a close friend for a Halloween party we are going to.
He is going as the character Jack Sparrow with the tribal makeup (the one
with all the eyes painted on his face). I would like to get a "How-To" for
doing this look and a product list of what was or may have been used. Is
that possible? Or even some tips as to how to do costume makeup when I am
used to only the "beauty" side.

Mac response!

- For the tribal designs, I recommend M7A7C Pro PAINT STICKS. They are
highly pigmented emollient colour sticks that provide a non-greasy,
natural/matte finish. You can apply them directly to skin or with a brush
for an opaque effect. Paint Sticks are designed to be used on the face or
body and they are available in a wide range of shades including primary,
secondary, neutral and fantasy. For intricate detailing with the tribal
designs, I recommend using M7A7C #209 Eyeliner Brush. You may want to
consider Paint Stick shades: True Chartreuse (for the nose), Black Black,
Pure White and Basic Red.

- For the eyes, to get a smoky effect along the bottom lash line, use M7A7C
ENGRAVED Powerpoint Eye Pencil (a water proof black). Smudge the line using
M7A7C #219 Pencil Brush with a little bit of M7A7C GLOSS added on top for a
shiny effect.

- Contour the cheeks with M7A7C Sheertone Blush in TANTONE a medium, muted brown. Apply the colour under the cheekbone using M7A7C Large Contour Brush #168.

- Deepen the brows, mustache and goatee using M7A7C BLACK Mascara X (lightly comb through).

I hope this helps you. For your convenience, your recommended
products may be viewed and/or purchased online, simply go to:
www.macpro.com

We hope you will continue to visit us at M7A7C Pro Online. If we can be of
further assistance, please let us know.

Kindest regards,

Amy G. M7A7C Pro
Online Makeup Artist

gelflinggal
09-28-2006, 05:08 PM
I find it amazing and wonderful that the people at MAC actually took the time to write back to your friend!!

Some businesses either blow off the person or give a snippy response...

:bigtu: way cool! and helpful! thank you for posting that!

A

Tess
09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
I realize this is borderline spam, but as quite a bit of the conversation in this thread is spam-worthy... ^_~

I am looking to sell a Pirate Elizabeth costume that I've been constructing over the past few months. The costume is unworn and, at this point in time, not quite finished. I had been planning to finish and wear the costume to the Maryland Renaissance Festival last weekend, but life got in the way and prevented me from pulling it together in time. The garments are very well constructed [please feel free to look through my gallery to see samples of my previous work, if curious] and the fabrics were carefully chosen, of period weave, and accurately weathered. Included would be the shirt, vest, jacket, trousers, and boots. Everything has been made to fit a 36" bust, 28" waist, and 38" hips, but there are a few inches of leeway on all garments, especially the waistband of the pants. The boots, which are authentic to the style Elizabeth wears in the movie, are a size 7, but are quite roomy on me, so I'd estimate they'd fit up to a size 8 or possibly even an 8.5. As I said, everything is unworn and in pristine condition. The only part of the costume not included is the hat, because, well, I like mine so I'm keeping it, dammit. XP The materials for this costume came to almost $60 and the boots were $40. I am selling the costume for best offer, but please know that I am looking for at least $100 to cover the cost of construction. Pictures of the unfinished costume available upon request. This is a VERY well-made costume, cleanly constructed, and something which I fully anticipated competing with. You will be getting a GOOD product, and I can have the costume finished and ready to ship within two weeks. You would have it before Halloween! Please PM me if interested, and thanks for reading!

@-->--- Tess

Phantom Pirate
09-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I can't wait to see what kind of beautiful dresses Elizabeth will be sporting in Pirates 3....

300th POST WOOOT

Moon Prince
09-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Wow! Sound like MK version of Mickey's Halloween Treat is/was going to be better than our Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disney's California Adventure! Sure wish we could have it in Disneyland! Also from the looks of Davy Jones you guys were also able to wears masks! Strictly forbidden in our parks! I miss the old Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween when it was first held in Disneyland back in 1995!:cheers:

Cool costumes! Looks like you guys had fun!

I went to that! The not so scary halloween in 1995. I was going to go as Sailor Mars, but I had been sick. so I wore black clothing my Babylon 5 Psi Corps pin and my black leather gloves.

Tsuyosa
09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Hmm.... i'm tossing the idea around of doing a jack sparrow costume. Nothing near the level of persay.... SithCamaro (sorry, only guy i've kept track of doing Capt. Jack.... I'm sure there are other greats! :) )

But i think it'd just be fun to add to the collection..
I have done NO work towards the costume yet.... but do yall think i could pull it off?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Photo1-2.jpg

GabrielDarkhawk
09-29-2006, 01:52 PM
@Tsuyosa: Great expression! ^_^ I think you could do it. ^^ d

sweet_kat22
09-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Wow, yep. Makes me wish I was a guy so I can pull it off just as good :p

butterflykissed
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm new here, and I just want to say, first of all, that those are some great costumes. Well done. Now, I've got a question. I'm looking into making the shift the Liz wears when she gets stranded with Jack, and I'm wondering if anyone here has made it. I'm looking for suggestions for patterns and modifying them, and fabric. I also have some questions reguarding how the DL premiers work, when and where they are, stuff like that so if someone could help me out, maybe by PM, that would be great. Thanks so much.

GabrielDarkhawk
09-29-2006, 04:36 PM
@ butterflykissed: I think I may be able to help you out with the costume.
http://costumersguide.com/pirates_plum.shtml#shift (should help you out with costume details and ref pictures. Normally the pics are high-res enough so you can take a gander at the fabric. Hooray for Costumer's Guide! :japan: )

As for fabric, it looks almost woven, but I'd imagine it'd be lightweight. I'd say browse for some linen. Good luck!

Edit: Just noticed that at the bottom, they have some fabric suggestions! ^^

butterflykissed
09-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks so much. I've had a look and that's very helpful. Now I just need to find a pattern.

piratelife4me
09-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow we have alot new people here. Awsome.

Tsuyosa:
You would be a perfect Jack. Now get right to it.

Yeah did I mention that the bodice is really hard to do.
I am going crazy trying to finish this costume.

Sonsko-chan
09-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Oh man. Crap crap crap!
It's almost October and I haven't even STARTED work on Will. Or Plushie!Jack. I think I may also end up making Pkushie!Pirate!Liz as well. I mean, it is Will.

GabrielDarkhawk
09-30-2006, 12:07 AM
@ Sonsko: Good luck! We can survive plushie making for Halloween together (I need to finish one for my Calvin). ^^;;

Moon Prince
09-30-2006, 01:04 AM
I have all this fabric... I should attempt a plushie... My nieces have the McDonald's Jack plushies. I asked one of them if I could have one, and she said no. She said "It's Jack" LOL so cute. only 3 yrs old and she knows that the plushie is "Jack"

sweet_kat22
09-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Heh, that reminds me of CN When a couple asked me to pose with a Mcdonalds Jack Plushie. They said they have him in all their vacation pics. I wish I got their email or something so I could get the picture :p The only pic I wasnt wearing my hat in lol. Cuz I was sitting waiting for my group to go back to the hotel. Heck I couldnt even sit without getting a picture taken. I was so tired I wasnt even acting like Jack anymore.

So anyone who plans to dress as Jack for the first time, be warned you will get a lot of attention, even when you arent looking for it lol.

Sonsko-chan
09-30-2006, 12:28 PM
@ Sweet Kat-
It IS Jack after all. xD

@Gabriel-
Well, yes. Except, I'm still a newb/n00b when it comes to cosplay. I haven't even learned to sew yet. Crap, that reminds me that my mom needs to actually help me with that shirt.

@MP-
Do it.
Wear Jack WITH Jack. xD

GabrielDarkhawk
09-30-2006, 07:52 PM
@Sonsko: Good luck! My Hobbes plushie so far was actually my first time on a sewing machine. So I'm still learning to sew/handsew better as well. Hope it all turns out well! Sewing on a machine is actually not that bad...it's more or less almost like driving a car. You push the pedal to gauge how fast you want to sew and let up on it to slow down and then it's just guiding the fabric with your hands on either side and steering it how you want it to go. Just keep in mind that a sewing machine sews towards you as you push fabric through so sometimes for curves you need to think backwards. I'll end my mini ramble on sewing machines now. ^^;;;; Anyways, good luck! ^_^ d

MemoriesofYuna
09-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey guys! I made elizabeth a little while ago (in my galler) and this thread helped out alot.
I really want to see those plushies when they're done!
<3 Aseret

Moon Prince
09-30-2006, 08:43 PM
I've been through a lot of costumes supridingly for not knowing how to sew... I've had a lot of 'mistaken identity' costumes that is people think it's something other than what it is... or many not knowing at all...

I know that Jack will get a lot of attention... The one costume I have that gets the most at the moment is Great Saiya Man from DragonBall Z. Good thing I watch sentai/power rangers. I have an arsenal of poses to chose from.

the thing is, I hate getting my picture taken.. and especially seeing myself in pictures. GSM I don't mind as I'm wearing a helmet that covers half my face.. Jack will be something new for me, and my first full attempt at 'crossplay' that is not 'bishonen' My other crossplay is Tuxedo Kamen

Colby
10-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Has anyone here successfully made boots yet from sithcamaros tutorial on his website? I have yet to find accurate suede or decent amounts of suede of any kind for that matter :(. I've had some trouble locating good accurate shoes too but I won't look very hard until I know I can get some good suede.

I've been trying to put together my own Jack Sparrow costume since Dragoncon this year. I would have to say I was actually inspired by sithcamaro at the con to make my own. Since I have a renfest I'm going to in November, I figured no better time to start on one but now. I've actually got most of the basics made already like vest, shirt, pants. But the boots have been giving me the biggest problem of all. I don't have $400 laying around for caboots and I really want to make them myself.

GabrielDarkhawk
10-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Hrmmm....lemme see if I can find some sites for suede for you.

Perhaps you try calling here: http://cosplaysupplies.com/leather/leather.html (points waaaaaay down at the bottom)

Or this: http://www.distinctivefabric.com/category.php?cat=SUEDE

I also recently refound the Costumer's Manifesto...let's see what it points me to for leather...here ya go.

http://www.costumes.org/store/100pages/supplies.htm#Leather

Hope this helps a smidge! Best of luck! ^^ d

Colby
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Thank you for the quick reply and all the sources! ^_^

Hmm the Tandy leather webpage has a lot of different varieties of suede but I'm not all sure exactly which suede would be right for the boots. >.<

GabrielDarkhawk
10-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Thank you for the quick reply and all the sources! ^_^

Hmm the Tandy leather webpage has a lot of different varieties of suede but I'm not all sure exactly which suede would be right for the boots. >.<

Glad to help! ^_^ Hrmm....I'm no expert with suede, but I'd imagine for boot making, you'd want something closer to actual hide than the normal one sided/cloth backed variety you see in most fabric stores. But you'd still need something that would be easy to work.

(checks out the Tandy site) Looks like according to the descriptions you can use Econo suede splits for things like moccasins, and cowhide for other garments. I'd imagine cowhide is tougher...so I guess you'd need to think about how stiff you want the boots to look. Hope this helps again, perhpaps you could contact the Tandy site and ask for suggestions? Or you could PM Sithcamaro here. ^^

Colby
10-01-2006, 12:50 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at the Tandy webpage. Although I don't quite see a natural suede color that I'm looking for some of the shades look close enough to weather and distress to look about the same.

I may send sithcamaro a PM and see what he says. ^^

Sonsko-chan
10-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Ahahahahah.
--cough--
Crossplay? Well, there's something I know absolutely NOTHING about.
Freakin' three costumes for me. Three I take to cons, two of them non-anime. At least, so far.

Moon Prince
10-01-2006, 03:59 AM
heh.. Most of my costumes are girls who dress like guys. LOL The two above mentioned are guys...
I forgot about Young Walter from Hellsing...

I think I put Jack in the GSM category. Why? as is Why do I want to do it? Because it seems like such a fun character to run around in....

NeonHurricane
10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, my camera battery is dead at the moment so I can't show pics, :( , but I dyed up my Jack shirt today, and there's quite a funny story behind it.

I actually had to spray it 6 different times. 6! I'm not kidding! The first like.. 3 tries was coffee... no results (and this was multiple days mind) the next 2 was instant coffee... no result... seriously looked just as clean as it was the day I got it (some slight "rings appeared though but you would have to like... in it to notice) but than I got instand coffee AND tea together and I FINALLY got it to that pirate grunge.

OH! Not that this has any relevance to cosplay (but sort of to mine), but I supplied the voice for Captain Jack in this random dub my bro and I did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcs0rhFWRI

I have to admit it was one of my off days, its weird how it works. I can do a spot on impression some days and sort of icky ones on others. Humidity I guess? lol

sweet_kat22
10-01-2006, 08:44 PM
OMG that is fricken halarious. Great job. You will be a PERFECT Jack. I cant wait to see you do the voice with the costume on. I loved that DO MORE!!! I'm still laughing hehehe.

stefunierocks
10-01-2006, 11:46 PM
OH! Not that this has any relevance to cosplay (but sort of to mine), but I supplied the voice for Captain Jack in this random dub my bro and I did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcs0rhFWRI

I could say something totally innapropriate here.

Let me just say. I have an affinity for pirates. More specifcally Jack Sparrow. That voice + costume could... *ahem* get you pretty far in my book.

Let's just say it would require a bit of... persuasion... ;)

NeonHurricane
10-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Let's just say it would require a bit of... persuasion... ;)

Now about that photo get together you were talking about...

;P

stefunierocks
10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Now about that photo get together you were talking about...

;P

;)

Should I even ask if "you want to know me...?"

NeonHurricane
10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
;)

Should I even ask if "you want to know me...?"

lol, I think we're creeping people out now. So I'll swiftly end this charade and post the lastest picture that was taken in my costume instead! (about two weeks old?)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=862992

I would usally ask for comments as usual, but that might be pointless considering changes have been made since then.

stefunierocks
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
lol, I think we're creeping people out now. So I'll swiftly end this charade and post the lastest picture that was taken in my costume instead! (about two weeks old?)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=862992

I would usally ask for comments as usual, but that might be pointless considering changes have been made since then.

:(

Costume looks great. I especially enjoy the snow white magnet on the fridge.

NeonHurricane
10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
:(

Costume looks great. I especially enjoy the snow white magnet on the fridge.

Aye, a very piratey background no? :P That's my bro in-law for ya, digs disney stuff (but mainly snow white).

I found a place that sells Jack Sparrow buckles on ebay that are cheaper than other peoples (not by much but... enough to be post worthy)

http://stores.ebay.com/Treasure-Cast-Inc_Buckles_W0QQfsubZ4489790

stefunierocks
10-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Aye, a very piratey background no? :P That's my bro in-law for ya, digs disney stuff (but mainly snow white).

I found a place that sells Jack Sparrow buckles on ebay that are cheaper than other peoples (not by much but... enough to be post worthy)

http://stores.ebay.com/Treasure-Cast-Inc_Buckles_W0QQfsubZ4489790

My bedroom is pirates of the caribbean themed. Brown velvet curtains, brown and black furniture, bed mosquito net, lots of bottles and objects ive picked up at goodwill. Everyone always loves it!

sweet_kat22
10-02-2006, 09:30 PM
OMG guys, on thursday night at our school pub they are having a pirate costume party! I am so wearing my Jack costume :) I am so excited I get to be Jack again yay :p

Now I know why rum makes Jack the way he is, I had some at my friends place and I was high after one glass. No more rum for me lol.

Tsuyosa
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Everybody is looking great!!....

I couldn't hold off so tonight i went out and got two wigs and combined them... wich = a new Jack wig for me! ^_^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=863295

stefunierocks
10-02-2006, 10:30 PM

I couldn't hold off so tonight i went out and got two wigs and combined them... wich = a new Jack wig for me! ^_^

Its amazing, how you can put on any of your costumes and look just like the character. Great job. You're a hottie my friend :)

NeonHurricane
10-02-2006, 11:47 PM

Not bad, not bad at all! Although it would be cool if you could turn on some lights though so we can get a better look. :P

Tsuyosa
10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Haha, well... i'll have to talk to mr. sunlight about that tomorrow then XD

sweet_kat22
10-03-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm wondering if I should wear my Jack to class on Thursday for no reason at all lol. Cuz I am going to the pub thing later, I just think it be random and fun heh. But I still need boots and a new wig :(

NeonHurricane
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm wondering if I should wear my Jack to class on Thursday for no reason at all lol. Cuz I am going to the pub thing later, I just think it be random and fun heh. But I still need boots and a new wig :(

Heh, don't see why not aslong as the school doesen't care lol. Do people at your school know about your Jack costume or your cosplaying in general? Because it would be really funny if they didn't know you made one hehe.

piratelife4me
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah wear it to class.
I know everyone would like it.

I am at a stopping point because of no money right now.

But really trying to get the coat done. STILL!!!!!
This costume is making me go crazy to finish. I have to have everything perfect to the original dress.

Moon Prince
10-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Yay for no money. LOL I need to get some stuff.. but I really should start working with the stuff I have. I have things to make my boots and I could make my sash at least.. What I really am in the mood to do is buy a hard cover of Pride and Prejudice. I'm reading that, and there is just something about reading an old book in hardback. It just doesn't feel right to be reading a paperback of an old classic. LOL

sweet_kat22
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
About 3 people including my professor know about my Jack costume in my class so it wouldnt be that big of a surprise to them really. They would just wonder if I think it is halloween already lol.

Oh yeah I have to make a documentary for the film club , Im gonna use my jack costume and have Jack interviewing myself about why I want to be a part of the film club. So I will be posting that on Youtube by next week sometime and I will post the link to it :) heh should be fun. I want to show off my cosplaying technique to the film club, who knows I might even get a part as an actor in one of the films :)

Oh yeah and that Pirate costume party theres a 100 dollar prize. I know for sure theres gonna be a few other Jack Sparrows walking around the pub, but competition is fun. Especially funny to see that many Jacks together like at CN heh. I think I may bring a Jar of dirt this time to dance around with. I'm just afraid they will think I am drunk when I dont have ID and kick me out for acting like drunk Jack :p

NeonHurricane
10-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Prepare yourself for randomness, in a Jack Sparrow costume. Not entirley sure if planet earth is ready for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akf64FeKYZA

My voice was pretty meh in this vid, but I have others on the way which are better in that dept.

Basically I was sitting around thinking of something to do when I thought I could make a video in my costume... like... what if Jack Sparrow was really bad at making videos.... and this is the result. (It's all unscripted by the way)

Check back often for other vids of me in costume. (Actually I'm uploading one right now!)

And as a sidenote.. my camera doesen't like to flatter me. lol

stefunierocks
10-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Prepare yourself for randomness, in a Jack Sparrow costume. Not entirley sure if planet earth is ready for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akf64FeKYZA

My voice was pretty meh in this vid, but I have others on the way which are better in that dept.

Basically I was sitting around thinking of something to do when I thought I could make a video in my costume... like... what if Jack Sparrow was really bad at making videos.... and this is the result. (It's all unscripted by the way)

Check back often for other vids of me in costume. (Actually I'm uploading one right now!)

And as a sidenote.. my camera doesen't like to flatter me. lol

Jonathan -

I've seen 4 different Jack Sparrows at Disney. Only 2 of them were spot on.

Yours wasnt spot on. But you're better than those other 2. And it seems you only get better.

Plus your funny, which helps. :) Great job!

"why are the cards gone" - that made me lol.

and PS - I have the ring, and the sword (and compass) you posses. ;)

sweet_kat22
10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Well I couldnt really understand what you were saying there. Just remember to speak up, I found that I mumbled too at CN and people kept telling me to speak up. And when I spoke louder the voice came out better. I even yelled for the cosplay photo shoot and people looked over and giggled. Try not to mumble and speak louder.

Tsuyosa
10-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Here's a daylight pic with a few new... eh, stuffs?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Jack2.jpg

I still have to make the dreads smaller and tighter (and more of them!)
I also darkened the background because my sister didn't want her 'stuff' in the picture (she has a brighter room than mine)

Sonsko-chan
10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Tsu-
To me, that looks really good. The face reminds me of Disneyland's Jack. I dunno, I think it's something about the eyes.

Everyone-
When I was at Disneyland a few weeks ago, my friend and I cut off the Jack to get pictures. Well, he did nonstop moving. When I asked for a photo, he took my camera and continued walking. A few minutes later, he handed it to a staffer who took the picture. xD
I find that amusing.

GabrielDarkhawk
10-04-2006, 11:29 PM
@ Neon: Pretty good so far! ^_^ You have the mannerisms well done, and the voice is getting better. (Jack likes to fall it seems ^^; ) I'd also think it'd help to speak up just a wee bit. But good so far. I was also amused by the "Why are the cards gone?" and the cell phone bit.

@ Tsuyosa: I agree with Sonsko. You have great eyes for Jack! You definately have the facial expresssions down. ^^

Tsuyosa
10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=866381

Thanks GabrielDarkhawk! :) Now i just have to get the voice and movements down... that's gonna take watching the movies a few times in a row repeating Jack, i think ^_^;

Sonsko, i did my eye-makeup different... hopefully that looks less "disney" and more "movie"

NeonHurricane
10-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Lookin' good Tsuyosa! The second pic looks much better, much more like the film.

Which brings me to something I think that all future Captains may find helpful.

I do not claim to be an expert on the subject, so take or leave anything I say below, but I hope that my experience can help others in creating the perfect costume!

From the journey I've took of making this cosutme (which is far from perfect I might add, but I'm working on it), I've come to the conclusion that small details make a big difference when it comes to getting the look and feel of the Captain Jack costume.

Here are my insights that may be useful for up-and-coming Captains out there.
When it comes to the eye makeup, smudging it makes a big difference. I find that if I don't, I look a little bit too neat and pretty to be piratey. And afterall, Captain Jack's a pirate right?

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/jseyes.jpg

The headscarf placement on the forehead, as ridiculous as it may sound, is another important factor.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/jsheadscarf.jpg

Jack wears it at his eyebrows, do the same and you'll look that much closer to the real thing,

Wear the belt and the sash lazily. Meaning, wear them loose (but obviously not loose enough wear they fall off), and not neccisarily level with your waist. I find that if I do that I look closer to the character even though it's not neccisarily the way it was done on film.

And it doesen't just stop at how you wear the costume, weathering is a great enhancement to the look.

Now weathering is not for everybody (and definatley not for the faint of heart), so I reccomend researching before attempting. Also you can try practicing on old clothes or excess fabric. :D

A good start is to hang/lay them outside for multiple days, the sun will fade colors, and if it gets stormy that's also a plus.

I applied sandpaper to my sash to give it holes and thin out certain areas, same thing with the vest (minus the holes part, the vest should not have holes).

When it comes to dyeing your clothes (look it up on Google for details), make sure on the shirt to get all the edges dirty looking (Around the waist and wrists, and on the edges of the collar and neck).

When I was finished with all that, I basically just beat up my clothes, tossing them around, kicking them, making them cry.

I can't emphasize enough how much of a difference it makes to make your costume look lived in. It adds another depth to the look.

And there you have it, my take on the "Sparrow" look. If you have any questions or whatnot post or PM me!

Sonsko-chan
10-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Tsu-
Looks much more Depp-Jack than Disney-Jack now. not that I have a problem with Disney Jack. :]

Everyone-
Remember, Johnny Depp is SHORT. Therefore, Jack is short. :]
Another helpful hint?

Moon Prince
10-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Johnny is what? 5'10 I think... Orli is 6' Keira is 5'7 ... Keira is also skinny so she looks taller....

I'm only 5'4... I'm going to be one short Jack. LOL

I think one of my weathering adventures will be wearing the costume to the beach and running through the waves in it. Not only will it add the salt deposits when it dries, it will hopefully smell like the sea. LOL

Tsuyosa
10-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Ooh ooh... i'm 5'7 ^_^! Alittle short... but at least as tall as keira *droopy crush eyes* ''siiigh''...

NeonHurricane, thanks for those pictures... they're helpful!

Does anyone know what the proper eye make-up would be to use for jack?
It appears they used something like a light grey, with a black right under the lashes... I know nothing about normal makeup... so i don't know what to get! (Since it's obviousy not just 'flat- black'.)

Sonsko-chan
10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Nuuuu, he can't be that tall, otherwise Disney Jack would be taller. I'm taller than Disney Jack and I'm what, 5'7", 5'8" maybe.

Pfft. Orlando Bloom needs to stop being tall. --coughHalloweencough--. Ah well, I'll eventually make DMC Liz and AWE Liz. Meh. >>

Sonsko-chan
10-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Tsu-
Maybe it's just me, but I think when you did your eye makeup here (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=860204), it looked better than both other times.
And back a few pages was a sort-of Jack make-up tutorialish type thing.

sweet_kat22
10-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Heh, I went to the pirate pub at our school last night. I only got to stay for 2 hours but I think it was worth it even though everyone else was drunk lol.

I will post the picture my friend Eric took whenever I get it from him.

On the way there I got "It's not halloween yet" and I told them I was going to a pub :p They were kids but whatever lol.

I got weird looks at the bus stop. And on the bus people giggled and stared. No one actually said Jack sparrow the whole night. The music was too loud anyway. I saw some very poor attempts at the costume, everyone still says I am the best there. There were a lot of good looking wenches there in pretty dresses. I tried to dance but I really can't lol. I got honked at and people on a bike stopped to say "Arrr". But otherwise it was interesting although I dont know if I like wearing the costume unless theres a reason too :p Cuz most people just looked at me like I was crazy heh.

NeonHurricane
10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Nuuuu, he can't be that tall, otherwise Disney Jack would be taller. I'm taller than Disney Jack and I'm what, 5'7", 5'8" maybe.

There's been debate, but I think people generally come to the conclusion that Johnny Depp is around 5'9. When it comes to Disney Jack, I highly doubt they look for height (or else that would exclude alot of good actors). In fact, I think it's more often than not they cast shorter people because it's less intimidating to kids.

And for the record, I'm 5'8 (and still growin')... so I guess I'm pretty close to actual hieight. Not that anyone cares. :P

Moon Prince
10-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah... He is taller than Keira... but in some shots he looks almost her height.. so I would put him at about 5'8-5'10 no taller. Like i said though, since Keira is so skinny she appears to be much taller. Orlando is the tallest of the three. You can see that.

I wonder if Tom Hollander is standing/walking on a box/platform or something... he seems much taller with scenes with "Elizabeth Swann" than he does with "Lizzie Bennet"

and Sweet Kat, randomly alking about in costume is much more fun when you have at least one partner in crime. that way you have support for your 'strangeness' ^_^

Miss Scooty
10-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Well I have almost ever part of my Jack Sparrow costume but I have no idea how to make the beard work for me. Can anyone help me out? Just so you know I'm a girl.

sweet_kat22
10-06-2006, 10:44 PM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3855/6yj4.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6yj4.jpg)

There is the picture from the Student Union website. Heh, I had to leave like at 11 30 so I still dunno who won best costume. But the guy is my friend Chris from film class last year and the girl is a friend of his but she was really nice :p

And I use barbie hair, cutt it off an old doll and glue it on your face with Gum glue then cutt it evenly enough to make a mustache. For the beard, I used the hair from the Pirate Gear bandana and cutt off 2 strands I glued it on with the Gum glue too and I was even able to pull on it a little bit without it falling off.

Ah well despite the weirdness of getting to the pub in the costume I still had fun when I got there. Even though it threw me off abit on my thoughts of cosplaying for no reason I would still do it again. Except I would try to act like him more on the way there no matter how embarrasing it is lol.

Oh yeah, and I just bought a brown wig from the mall today. I wish I had a camera so I could try it on and see if it helps make a difference :p I hope Sith doesnt browse here for a bit cuz he will tell me my beads are wrong again, lol I was in a hurry and forgot which side it was supposed to be on.

Tsuyosa
10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
sweet kat, it looks like you had fun! ^_^ and that's what matters...

I actually went to my local flea world today and found a pretty cheap cutlas. I'm gonna grind off the basket to leave just a rim for the guard (like jack's)... and it'll actually look a good deal like it's supposed to! :)... also bought some fabric samples and fake leathers for belts.... woo hoo i'm on ma way! :-D

Does anybody know where to get Dreads? Just... Dreads? I was looking for one of those Rasta wigs with the dreads attached... but i haven't been able to find any. :(

GabrielDarkhawk
10-08-2006, 01:51 PM
@ Tsuyosa: This may help with the dreads: http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/syn_dreadlocks.html

Phantom Pirate
10-08-2006, 02:45 PM
And for the record, I'm 5'8 (and still growin')... so I guess I'm pretty close to actual hieight. Not that anyone cares. :P

For the other record, Johnny's 5'10".

Sonsko-chan
10-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Foof. I was lied to. >>

sweet_kat22
10-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Heh yeah. Eh I tried on my brown wig, I actually look a bit more like Jack with the brown one instead. I wish I had a camera :p

Johnny is pretty short in a lot of pictures, I am 5'5 so I am a bit shorter then him but I guess it still works, it would work more if I was taller and more built but ah well.

piratelife4me
10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
I am trying to finish my bodice but i really need a good look at her bodice close-up.
Can someone please help me find a good pic?
I already looked on MovieCostume site.

stefunierocks
10-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I am trying to finish my bodice but i really need a good look at her bodice close-up.
Can someone please help me find a good pic?
I already looked on MovieCostume site.

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc2/tia2.jpg

Thats the one I used..

piratelife4me
10-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I already have a pic of that. It is hard for me to get a good close up on the bodice without making it look unfocused.

But yeah this Sunday was the best ever at work. For the second show of the luau, me and the other girls were doing the number of "Hawaiian Rollar-coaster Ride." Steve the guy that dances in the Stitch costume tripped and fell off stage. Everyone was laughing and we had to keep going with the dance. But afterwards we were cracking up, even Steve. It was one of the most interesting and the funniest night there.
Some make pics. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. I know my lips are to lite.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/zsfthah.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/zxfgjzfgj.jpg

Just a random pic of my Jack and Will dolls.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/xhbcb.jpg

stefunierocks
10-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I already have a pic of that. It is hard for me to get a good close up on the bodice without making it look unfocused.

But yeah this Sunday was the best ever at work. For the second show of the luau, me and the other girls were doing the number of "Hawaiian Rollar-coaster Ride." Steve the guy that dances in the Stitch costume tripped and fell off stage. Everyone was laughing and we had to keep going with the dance. But afterwards we were cracking up, even Steve. It was one of the most interesting and the funniest night there.
Some make pics. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. I know my lips are to lite.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/zsfthah.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/zxfgjzfgj.jpg

Just a random pic of my Jack and Will dolls.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/xhbcb.jpg

1 row of dots under the eyes. not 2.

And your lips looks fine. They just need to be smeared onto your face.

Moon Prince
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
I need to practice my sewing now. I think my class went well. I think I'm going to be able to pull Jack off by next year... Now I just have to clean my room so I can use the sewing machine in here...

Yay for random toy pics. I need to buy the Mega Blocks water wheel set so I will have a little Will and Norrington. Then I can take a picture of Jack and Elizabeth leaving them on a little island... LOL

sweet_kat22
10-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Wow, you are pretty. Nice make up job BTW :)

piratelife4me
10-10-2006, 10:52 AM
thanks
I couldn't figure out if she had one or two rows. Now i know.

stefunierocks
10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
thanks
I couldn't figure out if she had one or two rows. Now i know.

Ive never seen the luau at the Poly. We go up there all the time though. Do you get a discount for special friends? ;) lol. I just know its one of the more expensive dinners... and i couldnt afford it.

piratelife4me
10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I could, but i need to know in advance og when your coming. Beside i am really close to transfering to Universal Studios's Royal Pacific luau. They are more traditional instead dancing to Elvis music and Stitch.

Punky_pirate
10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Hiya, does anyone know where I could get a girls baggy sleeved shirt from? I have only really seen mens ones. Sorry if someone has already written something, this post is incredibly long and I couldn't find anything using search.

Tsuyosa
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
My wig is complete!! I know it's not 100% accurate... but it's to my liking. I will still add the bone though.... don't worry ^_^

I also found the fabrics i'm going to use... again, not 100%... but to my liking.

Here's a teaser :-p
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=874604

piratelife4me, your pics are reminding me to watch the second movie again! XD

Colby
10-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Very nice Tsuyosa! It is always best to get it as accurate as you feel comfortable (to you and your wallet ^^). I am still without a wig but I am currently about to begin working on one also! :)

GabrielDarkhawk
10-11-2006, 11:13 PM
@ Punky Pirate: Do you mean like a women's pirate/poet shirt? You know I recall seeing that in a catolouge once. One sec...

http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy00.asp?c=a&T1=P9794+L&GEN1=Shirts,+Tops+and+Vests&SKW=shirt&PageNo=1 (says it's for men and women)

But I HAVE seen a female cut poet shirt before (think it was called a fencer's shirt) try checking out some historical replica catolouges.

sweet_kat22
10-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Here's a teaser :-p
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=874604
XD

Holy shit, you are taking place in line for my second favorite Jack cosplayer. You look just like him. Your doing just as good as Sith is :)

Heh, you make Jacks pirate gear look real with just a camera. :p

piratelife4me
10-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Tsuyosa
I can imagine you in Elizabeth's house with that pic. Just visiting her after all the mess. Maybe.

Anywho I went to Halloween Horror Nights Orlando yesterday and going today to. I saw Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when Jack flung down from the roof and Elizabeth came out drunk. That was funny because Jack had a chug hose. Then came out a perfect Davy Jones that was ready to fight. The costumes are amazing and the actors fit them perfectly.
The big thing is that I know the girl who plays Liz. I see her every year at the Renaissance fair.
There was a huge sword fight that was well rehearsed. Anyways, I am going to try to take pics of them tonight.
By the way I think it is funny to see them dancing to Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack" and Black Eye Pea's "Pump it."

CherryBomb
10-12-2006, 11:29 PM
1 row of dots under the eyes. not 2.

And your lips looks fine. They just need to be smeared onto your face.
Actually I think she does have 2 rows of dots. It looks like they're only under the right eye though...
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc2/tia7.jpg

Moon Prince
10-13-2006, 03:16 AM
I need a bigger head...

I was bored and decided to start on my wig. I put the one I'm going to use on my wig head. I pulled aside and made the right ponytail (the one with the sail needle..) I put my toy bandana on it.. and well, the wig head isn't as large as my real head...

But I think the wig is going to work once I work in the dreads. ^_^

HDSparrow
10-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Added some photos to my photos thingy
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/87/876999.jpg

GabrielDarkhawk
10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
@ HDSparrow: Wow! I love all the fabric choices and details! ^^ Great job!

Punky_pirate
10-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Hiya GabrielDarkhawk I found a shirt, thank you :)

Moon Prince
10-14-2006, 12:19 AM
I got some dreads.. they are a bit browner...as my wig has a slight auburn shade to it but it will do.
Now to just work them in... anybody got some good pics of them?

Oh... I just stiched one of them to the wig... it matches better than I thought it would!

I put in a few more... and made a braid... and yes, that is a chopstick. It's not permanant but figure it works for now. LOL. The wig head is smaller, than my head... and the pic makes it look darker than it is. it makes it look almost black.

And I've been cospalying with wigs since 2000, even going through with it having long hair down to my butt, but putting this thing on is going to be two person job for sure.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/magigreen/cosplay/IMG_0623.jpg

sweet_kat22
10-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Soon I will get a digital camera for school so then I will be able to post more pics :) Eh anyone got advice for taking pics in the mirror? Mine didnt turn out, does the flash need to be off then?

HD Sparrow that is a hot picture. Your detail is just as good as Sith's.
Moon prince your pic is upside down :p

lol everyone seems to like to use the bandana from Jacks pirate gear :p

HDSparrow
10-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks =)

Moon, LOL *turns monitor upside down* There! :bigtu:

GabrielDarkhawk
10-14-2006, 11:14 AM
@ Punky_Pirate: No problem. ^^ Glad you found something!
@Moon: (cocks head to somewhat right image) Looks good so far! ^^;
@Sweet_kat: Yeah, it helps if the flash is off, I've found. Though that being said, make sure the room then is well lit. Or if you do have it on, make sure it's away enough from you to still got the shot without having the reflected beams interfer with the picture. Hope this helps a bit, I'm trying to master the mirror shot myself. ^^;

Moon Prince
10-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Soon I will get a digital camera for school so then I will be able to post more pics :) Eh anyone got advice for taking pics in the mirror? Mine didnt turn out, does the flash need to be off then?

HD Sparrow that is a hot picture. Your detail is just as good as Sith's.
Moon prince your pic is upside down :p

lol everyone seems to like to use the bandana from Jacks pirate gear :p

yes I realized that. :spinner: I rotated it the wrong way.

I fixed the pic... I'm still attaching the dreads. Yeah, I use the toy banadana. It makes for a quick referance. I still need to get maerial for my real one.

Hmm... if I finish my wig in time and get the material for the bandana, I could wear it with the makeshift pirate costume I may wear to work,.. but I think it would be too hot and get in the way as I work in the Hoe dec material area... now if I were just a cashier, then perhaps.

Oh! A little girl came into Toys R Us yesterday all dressed up as Jack. She even had a make up bread and a wig. She was even wearing the plastic rings. Mom was calling her Madison so yeah. A girl. I showed her the MR Jack ring I had and she was like "WOW!" (Yes, I wear the ring around my neck.)

NeonHurricane
10-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, Captain Jack is back... but not from just anywhere... oh no, he's back from a Disney Cruise!

My family went on a Disney Cruise vacation, and just to my luck the cruise features a Pirate Party, and stops at an island where you can see the actual Flying Dutchman pirate ship used in the film. So I took this as an oppurtunity to stuff my costume in my suitcase and do some cosplaying!

I've got some pics below:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=878676

It was an awesome experience to be a "Pirate in the Caribbean", and I was actually quite the celebrity due to the fact it was one of the most eleborate costumes onboard (and I stayed IC the whole time).

After the day I wore it (and did the act, which floored everybody I talked to) nobody called me by my real name, they called me Capt. Jack!

Now, this costume still needs things here and there, beads, baldric (which actually came in the mail while I was gone), not to mention my headscarf is not good material, notice the sweat marks...(eww). But I'm very proud of it!

As usual critiques welcome... and heck... I'll take weight loss advice too j/k

Stay tuned for more pics (and possibly video).

Moon Prince
10-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Now that is cool, hurricane!!!

i broke down tonight and got some material for a headscarf. flowers. lol. but heck, at only $1.89 for a yard, I can live with it for now. I wanted to get something since I'm working on my wig.

sweet_kat22
10-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Wicked! That is funny hurricane, you are lucky people called you Capt Jack cuz no one calls me Capt Jack when I wear the costume, probably cuz Im a girl and its noticable but whatever. Glad you had a good time, Damn you are so lucky I wish I could go to disney I havent been since I was 13 years old, thats like 8 years and they changed quit a bit since I been :(

Awww a little girl dressed as Jack. Did you ask her where she was going or was she just playing?

Tsuyosa
10-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm wondering why on earth you didn't swim out to explore that beauty!!??

8-0

(just kidding ;))

*edit*, on another note.... i just finished making my new poofy shirt! ^_^ and finaly got a pic of the full outfit as is...

http://www.images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=879435

D00R
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
anyone know where to get a good jack sparrow hat? in black ?

this ones good Tsuyosa where did you get it?

http://images.cosplay.com/photos/86/866381.jpg

anyone know where to get dreads ? and a good brown wig?

if anyone could hep/PM me

RikuGurl
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Added some photos to my photos thingy
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/87/876999.jpg

0-0 wow. you rock so much!

RikuGurl
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm sure the question has been asked already but, does anyone know where I could buy an off white colored shirt that's like a replica of Jack Sparrow's from the Pirates movies? :D

D00R
10-15-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm sure the question has been asked already but, does anyone know where I could buy an off white colored shirt that's like a replica of Jack Sparrow's from the Pirates movies? :D

i got mine cheap off ebay years ago then i washed it and the off white is now clean white haha. but the shirt works good.

Tsuyosa
10-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Simplicity sells a great pattern you could work from. It's not that hard of a shirt to sew.... although if you don't have a machine i guess that'd be a problem!

D00R, With the hat... It's actually made from a larger, more ghastly generic pirate hat that most party or halloween stores probably sell (it has a gold, wire-form rim). I'm only using it until i have time and money to make a decent leather one... but it has the right look i think.

with the wig..i actually more or less made it myself. I used a black cleopatra styled wig as a base, then a brown wig on top. along with different hues of brown extensions underneath... then i spent about 5 fan-frickin-tastic hours making all the dreadlocks by me onesy.... v_v
It actually looks different now than it did then... but for the better i think.

I'll try and take some more pictures with a higher quality camera... but only when i'm closer to being finished with the costume.... or ... just finished.

Moon Prince
10-16-2006, 01:23 AM
I have the Simplicity pattern which includes all the sort of pieces one needs to make all of Jack's clothes. there are also some very nice 'poet shirt' patterns by Butterick.

So I'm stitching pieces together for my sash... and then I think, "What am I doing? I should sew this. it would be so much faster. " so my 'flower pattern' sash for Jack is on hold until I can cleen up my room a bit so I can bring in my mom's sewing machine.

My wig is turning out better than I thought it would.

piratelife4me
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Guess what I found!!
Pirates 3 is casting for extras. Man I wished I lived in CA now.
Look here for more info.

http://www.keeptothecode.com/01news.html

Tsuyosa
10-16-2006, 01:35 PM
LOl, did you read the casting description??

Anybody got any severed limbs?? XD

GabrielDarkhawk
10-16-2006, 02:20 PM
XD I lol'd at the casting description. Darn, too bad I'm not near Sherman Oaks now. Don't think I'd be EXTREME!!! enough for them. ^^;;;

Sonsko-chan
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Too bad I was at CSUN for Mikomicon and am too young. Gerrammit! >>

D00R
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
you did a great job on the hat and wig.

i just need a brown wig i have the dreads from a rasta hat hah.

its hard finding a long brown wig..

Moon Prince
10-16-2006, 10:18 PM
darn... and I'm asian too. I'm not 'short' but not tall. I'm not 'ugly' either, have all my teeth and all my limbs. I may be 'white' for an asian but not albino. lol

say, my friend is middle eastern....

Tsuyosa
10-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, i know it's the wrong hand... but i'm done sewing up the costume...

I just have to add the cording and buttons now! :-D..

and continue to work on the voice and mannerisms v_v

(BTW, I had made a jacket that was solid green... but i managed to find a fabric with the appropriate blue/green and brown weave... so i made a completely new one. it now looks like it should :D)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=885280

NeonHurricane
10-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Well folks, after scowering ebay for peices to enhance my costume, I cam across:

Headscarves (http://cgi.ebay.com/BANDANA-Johnny-Depp-POTC-Jack-Sparrow-100-Cotton_W0QQitemZ280040362639QQihZ018QQcategoryZ106 0QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)

Going by the pic it's the exact (or nearly) same pattern as the actual scarf, and they claim it's direct from the supplier for the movie (I'm sorta skeptical about that one but who cares, it looks close enough :P ). It seems that they're stock isn't very consistant (they go in and out), in fact they claim they might run out so catch em while you can.

I mysrlf managed to score one, haven't received it yet but I'll be eagerly waitin'!

sweet_kat22
10-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Awe man I wish I lived there too now I wanna be a part of the extras damnit that be so fun! Damn you americans, you get everything. lol

Tsuyosa you are getting really good with your costume. Where did you get the boots cuz I still need some :(

piratelife4me
10-22-2006, 12:09 PM
well this sucks. I don't have the time and money for my costume to be done for Halloween. I guess i can have it done for the pirates festival. (tears)

sweet_kat22
10-22-2006, 12:30 PM
I finally got that interview from those guys who asked me to kiss elizabeth, but they took that part out. Anyway if you keep watching I am in there somewhere. I dunno if he was serious that he didnt know I was a girl :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4g48JV1zJ0

Thats why I say "didnt you realize i was a girl" that was after he asked me to kiss her he cutt it out but he might be sending me the whole interview heh.

Sonsko-chan
10-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't have enough time/energy to make Will for Halloween. ;.;
Ah well, I've got a back-up generic pirate costume that I think I'm gonna wear the day before Halloween.
I wore it to a con. Once I get my pictures developed, I'll show ya'z.

Wediznutt
10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Aye mates! Captain Jack Sparrow and my very own action figures!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20at%20Target/CIMG7037_exposure.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20at%20Target/CIMG7038_exposure.jpg

And my pirate Elizabeth Swann and her very own action figure!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20at%20Target/CIMG7039.jpg