PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Of The Carribbean Cosplay

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KatsuyaTsubasa
10-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Master Replicas has just unveiled their new line of Pirates of the Caribbean Props.

They include:

Tia Dalma's necklace
Jack Sparrow Voo Doo Doll
Hector Barbossa's Ring
Sao Feng's Ring
Sao Feng's Sad Face Pendant
Jack Sparrow's Dingle Pendant
Hector Barbossa's Pendant
Jack Sparrow's Dragon Ring
Jack Sparrow's Koochie
&
The Dead Man's Chest

here are some pics I found

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2313/mrpotc2xr0.jpg (found at rebelscum.com)
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=1984

GabrielDarkhawk
10-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Ooooo! O_O Shiney things. I'll keep an eye out for that! The MR replica of Tia's necklace looks nicely done! Much more delicate than the one from Disneyland I have...and it probably doesn't say POTC on the back in large letters. XD

I'm tempted to get the Jack beads, voodoo doll (cause it's cute ^^) and the chest is just tempting as all heck (but I'm guessing it'll be the most expensive). Thanks for the info!

Hrmm....MR "Jar of Dirt" next? :toothy:

Moon Prince
10-23-2006, 05:04 AM
I'm trying to find a jewelry making how too... attempting to make my dangles. lol but I just may break down and get those... I'd get the rings if I though they would fit me. they are probably the same size as the "Johnny" ring they released.. and well that wouldn't do any good..

I have the MR and Disney version of the "Johnny" ring.

piratelife4me
10-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I really want that Tia necklace. I made a wire/twigs of her chicken foot from her other necklace.

Iwill post some pics.

MoonPrince>
Nice costume. You really put alot of touch to it and i like the alligator claw.

Tsuyosa
10-24-2006, 01:16 AM
I would reeeeallly love to get my hands on those MR. accessories :-D (Although I think they overdid it abit with his dangleys in the second film)
They look so nice!

On another note.... I think i finally got the makeup for Jack down :)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=892303

NeonHurricane
10-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Master Replicas has just unveiled their new line of Pirates of the Caribbean Props.

I can't find info on this anywhere! Any idea when these replicas will start selling (The MR website doesen't list them)? I can't wait to get my hands on those beads...

Oh and great costume Wediznutt! The only thing I find a bit odd is that the hat looks pretty big (like tall) in comparison to the movie but that's not really problem, I'm just nitpicky like that. It looks great. :P

Wediznutt
10-24-2006, 12:33 PM
True! I know the hat is an improvement of my previous one (being worn by Elizabeth Swann). This was an el cheapo $16.00 faux leather hat from Elope that I bought online. My journey into a real leather tricorn hat begins after the holidays and before January.

I am using a How To guide that I found online. I already have the leather but have not ventured into the cutting portion of the guide.

I have just finished my leather baldric and getting ready to stain and assemble. Leather works is a lost art.

Wediznutt
10-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I would reeeeallly love to get my hands on those MR. accessories :-D (Although I think they overdid it abit with his dangleys in the second film)
They look so nice!

On another note.... I think i finally got the makeup for Jack down :)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=892303

Looking good. Here is a post that I added awhile back. My friend (who is doing my makeup) contacted MAC (the makeup company that does the makeup for the POTC movies) and received this info:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M7A7C Pro Online. I'm happy to
assist you.

- For the tribal designs, I recommend M7A7C Pro PAINT STICKS. They are
highly pigmented emollient colour sticks that provide a non-greasy,
natural/matte finish. You can apply them directly to skin or with a brush
for an opaque effect. Paint Sticks are designed to be used on the face or
body and they are available in a wide range of shades including primary,
secondary, neutral and fantasy. For intricate detailing with the tribal
designs, I recommend using M7A7C #209 Eyeliner Brush. You may want to
consider Paint Stick shades: True Chartreuse (for the nose), Black Black,
Pure White and Basic Red.

- For the eyes, to get a smoky effect along the bottom lash line, use M7A7C
ENGRAVED Powerpoint Eye Pencil (a water proof black). Smudge the line using
M7A7C #219 Pencil Brush with a little bit of M7A7C GLOSS added on top for a
shiny effect.

- Contour the cheeks with M7A7C Sheertone Blush in TANTONE a medium, muted brown. Apply the colour under the cheekbone using M7A7C Large Contour Brush
#168.

- Deepen the brows, mustache and goatee using M7A7C BLACK Mascara X (lightly comb through).

I hope this helps you. For your convenience, your recommended
products may be viewed and/or purchased online, simply go to:
www.macpro.com

We hope you will continue to visit us at M7A7C Pro Online. If we can be of
further assistance, please let us know.

Kindest regards,

Amy G. M7A7C Pro
Online Makeup Artist

Adding the lipgloss below the lower eyelid turned out to be a KEY element in the true CJS look. It doesn't have to be MAC products. I found that the MAC mascara blends the best so you don't end up looking like a raccoon.

Jeesh! Dudes talking about makeup!:bigcry:

Wediznutt
10-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I really want that Tia necklace. I made a wire/twigs of her chicken foot from her other necklace.

Iwill post some pics.

MoonPrince>
Nice costume. You really put alot of touch to it and i like the alligator claw.

Polymer clay (Sculpey III) works wonders for designing chicken feet or monkey fists.

Tsuyosa
10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
[Wediznutt]

Wow, thanks for that info!!

If i Can ever afford mac I'll definetly try that out :)

Wediznutt
10-24-2006, 02:37 PM
[Wediznutt]

Wow, thanks for that info!!

If i Can ever afford mac I'll definetly try that out :)

Remember it doesn't have to be MAC products. I am using Loreal eyeliner since it doesn't smear or run. The only MAC products I am using is the mascara since it blends better.

Another technique my friend told me to do is to apply facial powder to prevent your natural skin oils from seeping out during the time you are wearing the makeup. This prevents the eyeliner or mascara from running or smearing. She also said to carry some Q-tips soaked in eye makeup remover and in a plastic bag so you can remove those smears along the way.

Crap! :confused: :hafha: Here I go talking about makeup again. Someone shoot me!:untrust:

Tsuyosa
10-24-2006, 03:36 PM
No way, thanks for the info... I think that's the exact info i was looking for like 4 pages back!

Moon Prince
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
nothing wrong with talking about the makeup! When I get into the final stages, I'm going to need help. I don't do the make up thing... and well, with my asian eyes, I'm giong to need help to make them "jack style" lol

Costumes are looking good!!

Wediznutt
10-24-2006, 05:00 PM
nothing wrong with talking about the makeup! When I get into the final stages, I'm going to need help. I don't do the make up thing... and well, with my asian eyes, I'm giong to need help to make them "jack style" lol

Costumes are looking good!!

Ah yes! Asian eyes! I suffer from that ailment except only 50% which causes me to have folicle problems.....can't grow any beard or soul patch! That explains the fake ones! 'Stache is real but I had to trim it because it was begining to look more like Captain Fao Seng!!!:japan: Side note: Funny this emoticon is called "japan" but the smiley is wearing a Chinese hat! Sup wid dat!?

Colby
10-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok, I've got my boots half done from sithcamaros boot tutorial. And I have a wig in the works. But I was curious about his teeth. I wanted to get some gold tooth caps, and I bought some at a costume store. They don't fit right or look right at all on my teeth. I tried trimming them but meh. Is there some sort of paint made just for simulating gold teeth or something?

I'll try and post photos of my boots at the current state they are in soon!

Tsuyosa
10-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I just Re-re-redid my wig >_>;;

I'm waaaay too picky X(

But i think i'm finally happy with it :-D

(You can actually see the Dreads now!!)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Photo12.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Photo13.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Photo16.jpg

Has anyone else used the rastafarian wig/hats? They have some great jack dreds on em :D

Wediznutt
10-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Ok, I've got my boots half done from sithcamaros boot tutorial. And I have a wig in the works. But I was curious about his teeth. I wanted to get some gold tooth caps, and I bought some at a costume store. They don't fit right or look right at all on my teeth. I tried trimming them but meh. Is there some sort of paint made just for simulating gold teeth or something?

I'll try and post photos of my boots at the current state they are in soon!

I got my gold teeth caps from thugfashion.com. Two 8mm and two 5mm for under $20.00. One 8mm did break because I was trying to reshape it too much. There are individual tooth molds that you can buy in order to make an imprint of your tooth so that you can shape the cap. The mold is almost as much as the caps and they only give you one. Most costuming stores sell them.

I checked about three weeks ago at a large costuming store here in Los Angeles and they stated that there is no teeth paint that wil make your teeth gold. They only had black for the rotten teeth look. Even if a type of paint existed it would not last very long because trying to paint your enamel is extremely difficult.

I would just go with the faux gold caps and try not to bend them too much. You could also go the expensive route and have real gold caps made for you. This would run you about $200 to $300 depending upon quality and the creator.

Wediznutt
10-26-2006, 03:16 AM
I just Re-re-redid my wig >_>;;

I'm waaaay too picky X(

But i think i'm finally happy with it :-D

(You can actually see the Dreads now!!)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Photo12.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Photo13.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Jack/Photo16.jpg

Has anyone else used the rastafarian wig/hats? They have some great jack dreds on em :D

Looking good matey! I was going to go the rasta hat route but decided early on that I would not skimp on the wig. I used Kanekalon synthetic hair with lots of backcombing and steaming.

Another person on another POTC forum stated they used the rasta hat method but the dreads had hay in the middle to keep the shape. Is that true?

Moon Prince
10-26-2006, 05:18 AM
I used the rasta hat for my Jack dreads... I don't know about the hay thing. I've snipped a couple of them and they seem to be solid 'hair'.

I seem to be accumilating Japanese movie mags with Johnny Depp or POTC coverage. The latest one had shots from Redondo Beach. The captions indicated dates and one even said in katakana California and Redondo Beach. ^^;

piratelife4me
10-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow All of you are doing great with your costume.

I really need money to finish it for the Pirates Festival. Depp's stunt double from the first movie is going to be there with the 100% exact replica of the costume the studios gave him. I really want my picture taken with him in my Tia dress. So I have to make it look good.

Oh and there is two rows of dots under her eyes.

Wediznutt
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I used the rasta hat for my Jack dreads... I don't know about the hay thing. I've snipped a couple of them and they seem to be solid 'hair'.

I seem to be accumilating Japanese movie mags with Johnny Depp or POTC coverage. The latest one had shots from Redondo Beach. The captions indicated dates and one even said in katakana California and Redondo Beach. ^^;

Post some pics! CJS cosplay for the Asian brethren!

I have been working on my Wanted Poster/Anime Jack Sparrow cape but need to focus back on my original costume. Finishing up the staining on my baldric. Assembly happens tonight!

Moon Prince
10-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Post some pics! CJS cosplay for the Asian brethren!

\!

Eheh... I haven't really started on much of any of my clothes. All I have are 'props' that is the toy accessories. I love the flint lock pistol. I love toys that make noise and the noise the toy makes reminds me of the noise the guns make in the ride! I've started on my wig because I had on I could modify from another costume (easily attainable again if I need it) and my idea for the dreads involved getting a rasta wig. With Halloween being the season, I picked on up while I could and just could not wait to start... that and I am determined to get this done by next year, and since I'm still learning to sew, why not get some of the non sew stuff out of the way now.

I'm notorious for procratinating. I'm working on getting better.. and the progress on my wig is a HUGE step in the right direction. Otherwise I just know I would be up until 4 am getting it done on the morning of when I have to be somewhere at 9am out all day ....

But I shall post things as I make progress.

Oh, Wediznutt, got some tips suggestions on the facial hair that you are folically deprived of growing? Since I'm female, I obviously have that problem as well.. although with me it would be a problem if I could grow the hair. :)

Wediznutt
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
So des ne! Moon Princess desuka?

Now that we have determined your gender....why don't you go for Jacqueline Sparrow? Apparently that is the big thing for the ladies! Most of the other forum boards out there are indicating this! Most of the clothes that the ladies are wearing are identical to Jacks with the exception of the waistcoat. Most women are substituting the waistcoat with a ribbed bustier. It gives the character a more refined and lady-like look!

For facial hair I ended up using a human hair beard. My moustache is mine even though I cannot stand it! Soul patch was made using a little bit of liquid latex for a base and finely chopped synthetic hair (off black 1B) Kanekalon. After the latex dried I trimmed the soul patch to match up with the beard. I used spirit gum to plaster it to my mug!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20at%20Target/CIMG7047_exposure.jpg

Other people have told me you could also use spirit gum along your jawline and then put chopped up pieces of Kanekalon synth hair on the drying spirit gum. This gives you the patchy beard look as did CJS/JD!

Get some pics up as you get finished! I say go for the Jackie Sparrow look! Suits you better than looking like some sort of mutated version of CJS!

Moon Prince
10-27-2006, 04:38 AM
I don't know about the 'girl' version. I never do like those kind of versions of any costumes.... I'm not big chested so loose clothing I can get away with it. Besides, I'm probably going to be 'taping' myself down.

BTW, Moon Prince comes from Sakura Taisen show Arabia No Bara (Rose of Arabian) Reni's character was the Moon Prince. All of the characters are girls. Reni is often mistaken for a boy though. lol

Moon Prince
10-30-2006, 02:42 AM
I've started on my boots. slow going but they are going good so far. easier than I thought... but at the same time difficult.

Colby
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Thank you for the help with the gold teeth. I have run into another problem though. I made extensions for my beard myself. They look great to me. But I can't find a single (safe) adhesive that will hold them on securely. I tried spirit gum but that was a flop. I know super glue will but o_o I don't know about that.

Moon Prince
10-30-2006, 03:26 PM
ouch. cut my finger... got one boot almost done. Need the flap? Hopefully I can get the other shaft done tonight, and then the flaps.

Moon Prince
10-31-2006, 06:16 AM
My first boot looks good. the second one seems like it will come out better than the first.. :confused: I knew it would happen. the problem is it can not be redone unless I get another boot... and I would need more fabric. that is not going to happen. I cut the pattern for the flap . first time and free hand! It looks and works perfectly. ^_^ I'm so happy.

I was going o try for makeing them before work and wear them, but I changed my mind. That would be rushing.. and I am not doing that.

I'll try to take a pic when they are done.

Tsuyosa
10-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Moon Prince, are you going by SithCamaro's tutorial??

I actually happen to be doing that exact same thing right at this moment ^_^ (I'm at the point where i've glued the suede onto my shoe, base. Cant wait to see pics of yours finished.

Here's my one at the moment
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Photo9.jpg
*EDIT*: Almost done :-p
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Tsuyosa18/Photo18.jpg

GabrielDarkhawk
10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
@ Colby: Hrmm...maybe try some clear liquid latex?

Moon Prince
11-01-2006, 02:31 AM
actually, I'm glueing onto a boot. they will not be 'perfect' but they will be good enough and by my standards? this costume is already shaping up to be one of the most elaborate I've done. sewing aside. Besides, I would probably cut the shaft up all wrong... and go though I don't know how many yards of fabric...

It's really hard to describe truly how excited I was that the flap actually looked good for the first time cutting the pattern ... not to mention I did it completely free hand! I didn't even draw out the shape first. I just cut it.. It really wowed me.

and then there are my ankles... I need the support of and actual shoe/boot.

Wediznutt
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
My finished Captain Jack Sparrow costume was finally premiered to the public at Mickey's Halloween Treat 2006 this past Sunday! I felt bad because I had to tell parents no pictures and tell small children wanting my autograph that Mickey Mouse said "not tonight!" It was against the rules!

Link to MiceChat! No account necessary to view!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43009

I know Cosplay is all about making your own costume but I will have to say that about 75% of my costume is custom made. Unfortunately I am not a very good seamster although I do have my moments.....All leather items, sash, trinkets, sailor's glove and wristwrap, wig (the most difficult part), amethyst ring, hair bone, Davy Jones key, jar of dirt, flintlock was modified for color matching, cloth to cover the black spot, and subtle additions to the shirt such as the dangles and color (soaked in Earl Grey tea), and the waistcoat by changing the buttons to match the authentic Silversmith button pattern. I tried to get as authentic as possible that I found myself redoing many things! My wife thought I was crazy!!!! OCD at its finest!

My additions to this costume will be an Anime/Wanted Poster Jack Sparrow (see avatar), a funny rendition of a Samurai Jack using a family kimono with our mon (family crest) and eventually a Cannibal Jack! Starting the Cannibal Jack crown concept drawings and makeup purchases from MAC. I am also going to attempt a leather tricorn hat before the Lady Washington aka Interceptor arrives in town Long Beach, CA January 2007. Tandy leather is having a great sale right now!

Moon Prince
11-01-2006, 02:39 PM
I've got a "Jar of Dirt" I have to find way to frost the glass. Isn't there a paint or something than can do that?

Wediznutt: kimono? Say, are you Japanese? Just wondering. I'm Japanese, that's why. ^^;

Wediznutt
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I found my "jar of dirt" at target. It is a plastic Halloween candy container and even has a waterproof seal! This prop took me the longest time to find. Since I couldn't bring in glass to Disney's California Adventure I had to use plastic. I found many good glass jars of dirt. I may go back to the flower store in which I found one just to buy it! I used Rustoleum sandstone plastic paint to cover the container since it was plastic. I was originally going to use sienna color acrylic paint from an airbrush device followed by Rustoleum frost but I was out of time. I painted this two hours before it was used.

Yes I am half Japanese. Sakoda and Sagawa are the family names and the same for our mons. And also explains why I have difficulty in the Captain Jack Sparrow beard/soul patch department!

Where did you find your jar? Post a pic!

Wediznutt
11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
It is official! I won my first costume contest ever! Not exactly a Con or Faire but still FIRST PLACE! Most original and Best Costume categories!

Here is ole Captain Jack in the workplace! I work as a Chief Information Officer in the workplace!

Why is the rum always gone? We have a Archeological Group at my work and they are always finding cool artifacts. They happened to have an old bottle lying around the office!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/SEIHalloween014_exposure.jpg

Strike the pose!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/SEIHalloween004_exposure.jpg

A relaxing moment off my pirate feet! Note surrounded by POTC toys!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/CIMG7319_exposure.jpg

My Captain's bridge onboard the pirate ship Computer Server Room!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/CIMG7320_exposure.jpg

The network is down! Call Captain Jack Sparrow! He'll just fix it with a 12 ounce lead shot from his Queen Anne flintlock! That should fix the darn hard drives!!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/CIMG7321_exposure.jpg

I couldn't resist...MAC store up the street with their iPod window display! The MAC employees wanted me to stand in the window but their manager said NO!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/CIMG7315_exposure.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/CIMG7316_exposure.jpg

Wediznutt
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
The morning of my workplace win my son's daycare had a Halloween Parade. Here is Captain Jack and my 7 month old Jack The Undead Monkey. Scan of a picture and he wasn't looking! Getting better photos soon. His costume was based off of the actual monkey costume! He has a monkey costume but didn't want to wear it so he only had on the ears!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CASH/CalvinandDaddyatdaycare.jpg

Sonsko-chan
11-02-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm so sad because I never got a chance for ickle William. So I went as a generic pirate. My God, there were so many people as pirates at my school. It kinda pissed me off, because they were all either store bought and/or slutty. And I had the stuff I'd pulled together out of my closet for Mikomicon.

Moon Prince
11-02-2006, 03:01 AM
I decided not to rush my boots. so I wore my Tuxedo Kamen costume. i didn't seen one Jack. lots of slutty girl pirates.... one 'generic' pirate. But no Jack Sparrow's. I think the most popular costume of the night was the Red Mystic Force Ranger. with Superman and Spidey a distant second.

NeonHurricane
11-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Well I finally got my replica headscarf in the mail, and I must say it really helps sell the look. In comparison to my solid color one... night and day difference.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/newheadscarf1.jpg
"Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?"

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/newheadscarf2.jpg
"You're not a eunuch are you?

I've lately been reworking my wig. Before I had my dreads stapled in (yes, I was impatient, but it worked better than you'd probably think), but now I've got them sewn. Added the litle braid on the right side, and soon I'm going to be shopping for some beads and ribbons and whatnot (and a new hairbone, mine broke when it was packed for the travel home). Basically I'm working on giving it the character it lacked before. Basically before i just had a long wig with dreads, now I'm adding braids and beads and ribbons and the fancy shmancy stuff to make it like Jack. So wish me luck, happy costuming!

Moon Prince
11-04-2006, 05:56 PM
wow... that bandana looks good. I like the flowers on mine. lol :toothy: but you are right that it does add just the right look. I just decided to buy one for myself. might as well go all out.

piratelife4me
11-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I am still waiting for my dreads to come in the mail. It has been a month now.
And my boning for the boice hasn't shown up yet either.
WHY ME!!!!!!
the pirate festival is next week and my costume is not even close to being done.
I don't want to miss another event to be Tia.

Wediznutt
11-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Boy in a one month period of time you could have made about 50 of your own dreads! Making the Tia Dalma dreads shouldn't be much different from making the CJS dreads with the exception of color.

Wediznutt
11-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Go to an after Halloween sale and purchase a skull for $4.00, reassemble the backup head dangles and kuchiis, cut some fabric from an old bandana, and bind your plastic swords together and voila you have your very own Pirates Of The Caribbean - Curse Of The Black Pearl 3D movie poster.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20COTBP/CIMG7329.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20COTBP/CIMG7330.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20COTBP/CIMG7335.jpg

I have also two additional skulls in which I am working into Dead Man's Chest and At World's End 3D posters as well. Dead Man's Chest will be a bit more complicated due to the torches and the voodoo Jack Sparrow doll. Also looking for the feathers. At World's End is rather simple to recreate because you only have a red silk background which I already have from past bandana material.

djsequence
11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Hehe... I made a Scruffington costume for halloween. It only took a month, and I have never sewn before.
I plan on making it more dirty and spiffy for AnimeNorth 2007 and perhaps CNA07.
Any others going to AN07 or CNAnime as POTC characters??
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/lorissa/lolcopy.jpg

sweet_kat22
11-05-2006, 05:17 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r66/sweetkat22/J2.jpg

I was fooling around with my new Digital camera and thought I would share a pic. I got a couple more in my gallery. I havent posted here in a while but everyone looks good :)

Some girls at the halloween dance thought I was a guy lmao.
I was still the best jack there - out of the 3 including me.

Oh yeah I had to walk home because the bus stopped running- I got a couple car honks.
The brown wig definatly works better then the old black wig in my avatar.

Some guy got really excited he was like "Its johnny depp" and wanted my picture while we were waiting in line. And the jerk behind me kept pulling on my bandana and my hat.
<<<<

Tsuyosa
11-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Wediznuts! I actually had a VERY similar idea when i was out after halloween. However, i think the skeleton heads had already gotten sold out at the store i went to. I did manage to come away with a cool skeleton mask.. (Which, i hope to turn into a "cursed" Jack, down the road)

That looks really good though. Great pictures as well with everyone else! ^_^
I guess I'll take this opportunity to post a video that a friend sent me from halloween night.
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i62/J-dangle/?action=view&current=CIMG1476.flv (haha, poorly scripted, but we were in a rush to get out of there) But i guess Its just enough for critique purposes

Phantom Pirate
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Anyone played Legend of Jack Sparrow? I'd love to see a cosplay of Jack and Will's arctic outfits. (Sorry I couldn't find any screenshots...I'll get on that.)

Sonsko-chan
11-05-2006, 11:54 PM
If any of you are in Ventura County, there's a sotre called 'The Decor Store' in Simi Valley. I wish my mom would've gotten it for me, there was a jar that was perfect for Jack's Jar of Dirt in DMC.

NeonHurricane
11-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Anyone played Legend of Jack Sparrow? I'd love to see a cosplay of Jack and Will's arctic outfits. (Sorry I couldn't find any screenshots...I'll get on that.)

That would be really cool if someone did that... or should I say warm? :P

Wediznutt
11-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Here are some studio shots that we had taken. This was the weekend before Halloween in which we were in complete costume. It was also the premiere of my 7 month old sons Jack The Undead Monkey costume. His costume was made in less than three days. I will be modifying it more to match the original costume.

Captain Jack Sparrow, pirate Elizabeth Swann, and Jack the Undead Monkey with Jolly Roger
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jollyrogerfulllength.jpg

Jack The Undead Monkey
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeyseated.jpg

I have the need to shoot something! Where's the monkey!?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Shootthemonkey.jpg

Oh look! An Undead Monkey!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Ohlookanundeadmonkey.jpg

The rest (Sorry some repeats)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackjackthemonkeyelizabethfulllengt.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackmonkeyandelizabethjollroger.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeyarm.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeycloseup.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeylyingdown.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeyprofile.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeyseated.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jackthemonkeyseated02.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Jollyrogerfulllength.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Longforakiss.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Monkeycloseup.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Ohlookanundeadmonkey.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/POTC%20Studio/Shootthemonkey.jpg

GabrielDarkhawk
11-06-2006, 07:56 PM
@ Wediznutt: Your son's costume is adorable!! ^_^ Such a great idea. ^_^ d

Wediznutt
11-07-2006, 01:38 PM

They include:

Tia Dalma's necklace
Jack Sparrow Voo Doo Doll
Hector Barbossa's Ring
Sao Feng's Ring
Sao Feng's Sad Face Pendant
Jack Sparrow's Dingle Pendant
Hector Barbossa's Pendant
Jack Sparrow's Dragon Ring
Jack Sparrow's Koochie
&
The Dead Man's Chest

photos.actiongfigs.com link is broken and they have removed the photos. Did anyone happen to copy them? If so can you send them to me? I didn't get a chance to see them before they were removed. Or if you know of a new link. I scoured actionfigs website but they are gone.:bigcry:

Moon Prince
11-08-2006, 03:36 AM
yay! One of my boots is 99% done. I just need a tad bit of touch up work but for the most part it's done.

they aren't perfect by any stretch.. but I'm satisfied with it.

Phantom Pirate
11-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Wediznutt, I saw your pictures this morning on Miceage! So awesome!

sparrowfan
11-09-2006, 04:18 AM
found this forum while searching "sithcamaro" on google. lol
i'm also putting together a jack sparrow costume, anyone got any recommendations on weathering? the stuff i got are brand new.

Moon Prince
11-09-2006, 05:12 AM
soaking in hot tea or coffee... sand paper...

*scratches head* I bought two tubes of Barge cement... and now I can't find them. Darn. I wanted to finish my other boot later...

ACK! I put my Jack wig in my open closet, and now the wig head is looking at me. Serves me right for putting it in the closet and making a face on the wig head.

Wediznutt
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Nothing works better for weathering than soaking everything in salt water for along time. But that may be unrealistic.

For short term non permanent weathering I would recommend using baby powder rubbed into the fabric. This gives the appearance of a weathered look plus it washes off almost immediately after applying.

For long term permanent weathering I would recommend the following:

shirt - soak in hot water with 4-5 tea bags. I soaked my shirt in Earl Grey because that is all I had at the time and it now has a nice dirty tint to it.

sash - Many washes and soak in the tea solution. I used a Xacto knife to give the edges of my sash a torn look and washed it exactly 20 times. I tied knots into it so that it would get wrinkled. Allow it to dry with the knots. Wash again without the knots in order to allow the threads to separate giving the tattered look. After the soaking in tea I simply allowed the sash to dry out which let the tea stains become more permanent. And finally another few washes. Recommend not washing your sash with other clothes after the tea bath...no I didn't do this just a common sense thing!!!

Waistcoat, frockcoat, breeches - This came from Toby so I have to give him credit. He recommended a spray bottle with a dilute solution of bleach and water. Mist all the clothing pieces that you want to have weathered. After drying I would recommened washing using a gentle cycle. That way any dangles or buttons will not fall off.

Boots - Soak them in water but be sure to have boot inserts in them as they dry because the leather will shrink and may become tight. Also using the standard steel wool and rubbing the areas that would become worn in real life except you are accelerating the process.

Other leather items: Leather can be weathered by simply scarring the leather and restaining. This can be expensive if you do not have the stains. They run anywehre from $5.00 to $15.00.

Buckles - If the buckles are metal you can get a nice patina look by soaking in salt water or adding a few drops of Crazy Glue which reacts with the metal to give the instant patina look. If the buckles are resin or non metal material use acrylic based paints to obtain the patina look and don't forget to use an acrylic sealer to lock in the paint.

I know I should weather my costume further but I just don't have the heart to destroy a pair of $300.00 pirate boots and a $200.00 frock coat. I will stick to the temporary weathering myself that way I can use some of the costume pieces for other pirate cosplays! Just my opinion!

Wediznutt
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
soaking in hot tea or coffee... sand paper...

*scratches head* I bought two tubes of Barge cement... and now I can't find them. Darn. I wanted to finish my other boot later...

ACK! I put my Jack wig in my open closet, and now the wig head is looking at me. Serves me right for putting it in the closet and making a face on the wig head.

My wig and styrafoam female head have been staring at my wife and I in our bathroom mirror for about two months now! She wants me to move it! I don't blame her....creepy looking without me in it adorned with kuchiis, bandana, and shin bone!:eek:

BOO!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6924.jpg

Phantom Pirate
11-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't mind that staring at me every day!

Moon Prince
11-09-2006, 11:01 PM
When my costume is done... I'm going to put it on, and run about in the waves of Redondo Beach and act like an idiot. I'm sure I'll get lots of strange stares... I'm game if anybdy wants to join me. LOL have no idea when this will happen.

Wediznutt
11-10-2006, 01:38 AM
When my costume is done... I'm going to put it on, and run about in the waves of Redondo Beach and act like an idiot. I'm sure I'll get lots of strange stares... I'm game if anybdy wants to join me. LOL have no idea when this will happen.

Moon Prince: Come up north about 4 miles to Long Beach and run through the waves! There is oil in the water up here and that may help in the weathering of your costume!!! I need to weather mine too so there will be two CJS running around in the water followed by a white padded truck with rather large guys carrying buttonless/zipperless white jackets to take us to a nice padded room!!!:toothy:

Wediznutt
11-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Wediznutt, I saw your pictures this morning on Miceage! So awesome!

Thanks Phantom Pirate! I cannot wait to assume the role of CJS again when the Lady Washington aka Interceptor comes to southern California. Captain Jack Sparrow sails again!!!:rockon:

Moon Prince
11-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Moon Prince: Come up north about 4 miles to Long Beach and run through the waves! There is oil in the water up here and that may help in the weathering of your costume!!! I need to weather mine too so there will be two CJS running around in the water followed by a white padded truck with rather large guys carrying buttonless/zipperless white jackets to take us to a nice padded room!!!:toothy:

*laughs* that would be funny. I'm game.. but my costume probably won't be ready until sometime next year.

too bad the fort is gone... beign replaced by new housing or something... I would have loved to have seen it. i'm sad. I grew up with Marineland.. and now virtually everything about it is gone.

Wediznutt
11-10-2006, 02:36 AM
*laughs* that would be funny. I'm game.. but my costume probably won't be ready until sometime next year.

too bad the fort is gone... beign replaced by new housing or something... I would have loved to have seen it. i'm sad. I grew up with Marineland.. and now virtually everything about it is gone.

A friend of mine (she did my first make up training for CJS) works for a environmental consulting firm and was the lead project manager for that area. She got alot of pictures of herself running around the fort! If only I had Cosplay CJS a year ago!:bigcry:

Moon Prince
11-10-2006, 03:33 AM
A friend of mine (she did my first make up training for CJS) works for a environmental consulting firm and was the lead project manager for that area. She got alot of pictures of herself running around the fort! If only I had Cosplay CJS a year ago!:bigcry:

seriously? do you think I could see some of it? It's more of a "Marineland" thing than a POTC thing. My HS class was one of the last to make a senior trip there. and I have fond memories of Marineland... It still makes me sad that it's gone. I'm happy that the 'space' at least is immortalized in a movie as good as POTC. I went recently and took pics of the vacant spot that was once Marineland.

I still can't find my tubes of Barge cement. *grumble*

Sonsko-chan
11-10-2006, 04:10 AM
So I was wearing my hat the other day when I realized the way I got my hair cut makes the bangs almost identical to Liz's Disguise hair beneath the hat. An thus begins my plotting again.

Wediznutt
11-10-2006, 01:36 PM
seriously? do you think I could see some of it? It's more of a "Marineland" thing than a POTC thing. My HS class was one of the last to make a senior trip there. and I have fond memories of Marineland... It still makes me sad that it's gone. I'm happy that the 'space' at least is immortalized in a movie as good as POTC. I went recently and took pics of the vacant spot that was once Marineland.

I still can't find my tubes of Barge cement. *grumble*

It would be nice but alas the fort is gone. It would have also been cool to go see the pirate lair and cavernous caves from Isla de Muerta that was built in the old Spruce Goose hanger!!!

Wediznutt
11-10-2006, 01:52 PM
So I was wearing my hat the other day when I realized the way I got my hair cut makes the bangs almost identical to Liz's Disguise hair beneath the hat. An thus begins my plotting again.

My wife was so happy that now she can cut her hair. I made her grow it out for the last four months to be pirate Elizabeth Swann. Unfortunately it was too short for a pony tail so I had to construct that from synthetic hair and I even made the leather wrap.

Not the best pic but you can still kind of see it!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Mickeys%20Halloween%20Treat%202006/pirateElizabethSwannponytail-1.jpg

Moon Prince
11-10-2006, 01:54 PM
It would be nice but alas the fort is gone. It would have also been cool to go see the pirate lair and cavernous caves from Isla de Muerta that was built in the old Spruce Goose hanger!!!

That was built there? I knew it was in Long Beach... Other than San Pedro and King Harbor this time, I wonder where else in So Cal they were/are for the third film.

I meant a pic of your friend at the fort... (revealing age...) Marineland closed in 1987. My best friend's class was the LAST senior group to go. Not because of the closure, (jan 1987) but because they were so horrible in the park they were kicked out and the school was told never again could the seniors come. I still often drive past the old site and sigh. heh. yes, I'm a sap. I cried at teh 50th anniversry Disney parade and the fireworks. I even cried when Jack got eaten by the kraken...

Sonsko-chan
11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
My wife was so happy that now she can cut her hair. I made her grow it out for the last four months to be pirate Elizabeth Swann. Unfortunately it was too short for a pony tail so I had to construct that from synthetic hair and I even made the leather wrap.

Not the best pic but you can still kind of see it!

I'd have to have, like, a fake ponytail, because my hair is above my shoulders. I like it short. :] But since my mom isn't too big on crossplay, I'm not sure she'd let me be Will, but she's continually offered Liz.

Wediznutt
11-10-2006, 05:58 PM
That was built there? I knew it was in Long Beach... Other than San Pedro and King Harbor this time, I wonder where else in So Cal they were/are for the third film.

I meant a pic of your friend at the fort... (revealing age...) Marineland closed in 1987. My best friend's class was the LAST senior group to go. Not because of the closure, (jan 1987) but because they were so horrible in the park they were kicked out and the school was told never again could the seniors come. I still often drive past the old site and sigh. heh. yes, I'm a sap. I cried at teh 50th anniversry Disney parade and the fireworks. I even cried when Jack got eaten by the kraken...

If your in Redondo Beach they were filming all through September off the coast. The Black Pearl is currently sittin pierside in San Pedro Harbor near the cruiseship terminal.

Lady Washington aka Interceptor will be coming to San Pedro in mid December and Long Beach, CA in mid January.

Schedule: www.ladywashington.org:bigtu:

Phantom Pirate
11-12-2006, 06:22 PM
*sigh*

Why can't all the ships come to Texas? We have a harbor too!

Tsuyosa
11-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Got some new jack pics under my profile,.... yaaaah <_<

Has anybody heard anymore news about the Third installment?

Sonsko-chan
11-13-2006, 11:12 AM
No news that hasn't already been released. D;<

piratelife4me
11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
YES
POTC Dead Man's Chest comes out December 5.
I finally reported that my boning package hasn't came at all. So they are sending it to me and giving my money back.
I GET FOR FREE!!!! yeppy
Now i just need to order my dreads. I am going to be a freak and just attach them to my hair temporary until the renaissance fair in Jan. I am going to get it done at a braiding hair place. I am going to have different colors like, blonde, brown, black, and maybe one red. All at different lengths.

I don't need to worry about my boss telling me to take them out. Because my replacement dancer will take over for the next few months. So i can focus on my class work.

Moon Prince
11-15-2006, 03:21 AM
okay... stoopid question of the week...

how do you tie Jack's scarf? :toothy: fold it? tie it?

sparrowfan
11-15-2006, 05:16 AM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7457/ffah2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Moon Prince
11-15-2006, 05:57 AM
well, I know it's tied in the back... but I'm talking about the front...

that's a neat pic... where is that from?

Wediznutt
11-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Here are some crude but detailed instructions on how to wear your CJS bandana!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/bandanainstructions.jpg

Note the black pattern V should be over the right eye. Your knot with 1 - 2 ties should be to the right of the ponytail as indicated in the above picture. This also gives you the different lenghths on the streamers.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Mickeys%20Halloween%20Treat%202006/P1020095.jpg

NeonHurricane
11-15-2006, 02:50 PM
While on the subject of folding, I myself can't figure out how to wear my sash like Jack's, the way he tucks it and what-not I can't reproduce. If anyone could post some instructions about that you'd be officially on my "awesome people" list.

Wediznutt
11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Sash is a little bit more difficult considering the overall length. I find it useful to have another person help you or you will be reaching around your back like a cat chasing its tail.

My sash is about 22 feet in length so I can get about three good wraps around my costume that is a total of 40 inches around the waist. My normal waist size is 34 inches.

1. Create the loop and have the first streamer about 4-5 feet long depending upon your height. Ensure it is not dragging on the ground or you will end up flat on your face going up stairs (I speak from experience!!!)

2. Start wrapping the other end of the sash under the loop and keep the tension on the wrapping. Go around 2-3 times.

3. Take the bitter end of the sash and come under the loop and over one of the turns to keep the tightness around your waist. This is the front streamer and should be about a foot shorter then the rear streamer.

4. Immediately apply your belts to keep the sash in place. I usually put on the top belt and cinch it up tight. The second belt goes on but a bit looser.

Here is yet another crude but detailed diagram (artist rendering)!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJSsashinstructions.jpg

Without baldric:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/SEIHalloween014_exposure.jpg

With baldric:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Mickeys%20Halloween%20Treat%202006/CIMG7207.jpg

Hope this helps! Oh yeah you can adjust the overal size of the loop by pulling on the back streamer to make it smaller or pull on the top part of the loop to make it longer. It is often times like putting on a Japanese obi!

P.S. Did I make the "awesome people" list?

Wediznutt
11-15-2006, 03:40 PM
okay... stoopid question of the week...

how do you tie Jack's scarf? :toothy: fold it? tie it?

Actually not a stoopid question at all because I asked the very same question on another site oh about 4 months ago! With practice comes great cosplaying!

NeonHurricane
11-15-2006, 04:08 PM
P.S. Did I make the "awesome people" list?

Most definatley! Told me exactly what I wanted to know. :)

Well, I'm going to remake my vest (not sure if I posted this before) it got pretty nastily ripped. Bad enough where fixing it would make it look really strange. It seems its going to be near impossible to find the right fabric though... this ain't the season for linen. So I'll probably have to look at a messed up vest hanging in the closet for a while until more options show up.

This time I'm going to attempt a more screen accurate one, maybe even find a different sewing pattern. The Simplicity one for my first, it was pretty good... but always seemed to "fall" weirdly. Not sure if that was our sewing skill or not... but being the perfectionist I am lol, there's always room for improvment. :p

With how picky I am it'll be a miracle if I ever declare the costume as complete. lol Basically it seems that after buying/making all this pricey stuff for my costume I want to remake it all lol. But I'll restrain myself....

for now.. :P

Moon Prince
11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks!! You answereed me question... and Neon asked what probably would have come next evenutally!

Wediznutt
11-15-2006, 05:05 PM
We aim to please! And if he can't figure it out he will burn it down with rum!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/PotC877.jpg

NeonHurricane
11-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, here it is... my newly restyled wig!

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/newwig.jpg

Old pic here (http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/newheadscarf1.jpg)

It's almost scary how much of a difference it makes. Just look at those two pictures... night and day.

The main additions were the smallish dreads on the left side of the wig (peeking out from under the scarf), and I added the two braids in the front and various (artistic liscense ;) ) other braids around the wig to sell the look. I had to remake my sailneedle too because my previous one snapped, but this time I used sturdier type of wood.

Still some things left of course, I think I'm going to wait for MR to release their bead replicas when it comes to that dept. And of course the rust colored ribbons are missing at the present time but... that'll come soon.

EDIT:

Ah yes, I am aware that the sailneedle and the braid aren't tied like they're supposed to, I just haven't gotten around to fixing that yet. :P

Wediznutt
11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
To all who want to share in this information! After months of searching and squinting at stills from pictures and the movie....I finally found the exact Old Burmese coin that is found on the end of Captain Jack Sparrow's bandana dangle! Here is a link to the actually coin!

http://www.hohbead.com/detail.asp?product_id=co017

Unfortunately you can only purchase a minimum of 10 at 0.50 each! Anyone want to split the cost 10 ways?

Non-scalloped version:
http://www.hohbead.com/images/large/co017.jpg

Scalloped version:
http://www.hohbead.com/images/large/co021.jpg

Moon Prince
11-16-2006, 11:25 PM
PMed ya...

But I'm in. Who else? ^_^

I'm still thinking of useing a knitting needle to make my sail needle. Although I like my chopstick. *laughs* I think I need to buy some hair for my ponytail. My wig doesn't have enough since it's a cheap costume wig.

Wediznutt
11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
PMed ya...

But I'm in. Who else? ^_^

I'm still thinking of useing a knitting needle to make my sail needle. Although I like my chopstick. *laughs* I think I need to buy some hair for my ponytail. My wig doesn't have enough since it's a cheap costume wig.

You can make your shinbone/marlinspike for $2.99 for white Polymer clay and about 0.79 for white acrylic paint plus you can highlight it with black/sienna brown. Acrylic sealer is about $3.00. I would get these at your local Michaels and don't forget to use the Sunday morning paper 40% off one item from Michaels advertisement.

Reinforce the polymer clay with paperclips or wire so that the item doesn't break. Heat in oven at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, allow to cool, and paint.

As far as your ponytail you can buy $3.99 Kanekalon synthetic hair from Sally's. I used Off Black (Color 1B).

I added a picture of my Polymer clay trinkets under My Gallery including my shinbone/marlinspike.

Moon Prince
11-17-2006, 01:25 AM
You can make your shinbone/marlinspike for $2.99 for white Polymer clay and about 0.79 for white acrylic paint plus you can highlight it with black/sienna brown. Acrylic sealer is about $3.00. I would get these at your local Michaels and don't forget to use the Sunday morning paper 40% off one item from Michaels advertisement.

Reinforce the polymer clay with paperclips or wire so that the item doesn't break. Heat in oven at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, allow to cool, and paint.

As far as your ponytail you can buy $3.99 Kanekalon synthetic hair from Sally's. I used Off Black (Color 1B).

I added a picture of my Polymer clay trinkets under My Gallery including my shinbone/marlinspike.

Eeeeewww!! No Michaels is the evil. Jo Ann prefered customer mailer, Michael's coupons and a 15% team member discount is the way to go for me. ^_^ Heh.... but thanks for the pointers. I have a Sally's someplace near by or something like it.

Moon Prince
11-17-2006, 05:31 AM
wow! the scrf really does make a difference... I put the scarf on my wighead with my wig on it? and it really looks better.

You know...? If I was further along with my clothes? I thought of running around as "Christmas Jack" make a scarf out of christmas calico fabric from Jo Ann, and then instead of the beads and stuff as dangles put little tiny tree ornaments in the wig. LOL

Tsuyosa
11-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Wediznutt, PM Sent

piratelife4me
11-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Could anyone tell me how i can put the patches on her over skirt?
I can't figure it out.

By the way Neon.
Did you pick a date for Pirate and Princess?

I could possibly give you and Stepfunie disney tickets.(since I work there)
But i haven't heard from her in a long time.

Wediznutt
11-17-2006, 11:53 AM
wow! the scrf really does make a difference... I put the scarf on my wighead with my wig on it? and it really looks better.

You know...? If I was further along with my clothes? I thought of running around as "Christmas Jack" make a scarf out of christmas calico fabric from Jo Ann, and then instead of the beads and stuff as dangles put little tiny tree ornaments in the wig. LOL

:rockon: I was thinking the same thing! Instead of coins I was going to use these little miniature glass Christmas ornaments I had from an old mini Chrismtas tree. I started looking at my dangles and realized I didn't have the heart to dismantle them but now I am in the process of upgrading most of my beads (real skunks, real round brass beads, etc.) and think I may do this again!

It would make a great photo op and avatar for the holidays!:dance:

Wediznutt
11-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Well, here it is... my newly restyled wig!

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/newwig.jpg

Old pic here (http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lewa11/JackSparrow/newheadscarf1.jpg)

It's almost scary how much of a difference it makes. Just look at those two pictures... night and day.

The main additions were the smallish dreads on the left side of the wig (peeking out from under the scarf), and I added the two braids in the front and various (artistic liscense ;) ) other braids around the wig to sell the look. I had to remake my sailneedle too because my previous one snapped, but this time I used sturdier type of wood.

Still some things left of course, I think I'm going to wait for MR to release their bead replicas when it comes to that dept. And of course the rust colored ribbons are missing at the present time but... that'll come soon.

EDIT:

Ah yes, I am aware that the sailneedle and the braid aren't tied like they're supposed to, I just haven't gotten around to fixing that yet. :P

Nice upgrade Neon! Isn't it amazing what dreadlocks can do to a wig?

I started out with this wig first. No picture only link due to the persons request of reproducing images:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JASMINE-Wigs-SULTRY-Long-wig-Soft-Black-Skin-Top-NEW-1B_W0QQitemZ140046015454QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60188QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

And after a little bit of trimming and slicing and dicing I ended up with this:
(I am still reworking the ponytail to make it blend better into the wig as well as moving some dreadlocks from underneath the hair to the surface.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6921.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6922.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6923.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6919_exposure.jpg

Moon Prince
11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I know the "Jasmine" wig. i was thinking of buying it for a cosplay of a character named "Jasmine" ironicly... ended up buying a 'ozzy osborne' wig because I didn't have the buget for that one or the time... and I've since used the wig for my Jack wig. heh

NeonHurricane
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm still thinking of useing a knitting needle to make my sail needle. Although I like my chopstick. *laughs*

Well for my sailneedle I got a long wooden stick from a craftstore (I'm sure there's a technical name, but I just call them long sticks lol) and I shaped it with sandpaper and carefully poked a nail though it to add a hole for the string. It looks pretty good actually, and it doesen't cost much of anything, like... 75 cents.

And hey Wediznutt, is that different hat or is my mind playing tricks on me (if I recall you were making your own)?

By the way Neon.
Did you pick a date for Pirate and Princess?

I'm thinking that it'll most likely be the Jan 26th date, but my "transportation" keeps on changing plans so... But if the event is neat enough (hard to believe its not, I mean... PIRATES!) I'll most likely try to go again, mainly because I love wearing my costume, it seems to give me magical powers. lol

And I know people who work there too so I think tickets will not be a prob for me, but thanks for mentionin' :)

Oh! And lastly (man this post is long), it's really cool you found the correct coin for the headscarf dangle, shame they don't have ones with loops on them already lol... I'm lazy.

Wediznutt
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Pirates and Princesses? Do please explain! Is this a Flordia-only thing? Didn't hear of it!

No the hat is the same $16.00 hat from eBay. I am still getting up the courage to proceed with the real leather tricorn but I keep coming up with easier projects such as updating my beads, concept drawings for my polymer clay gold jade dragon ring (I can't wait for the MR version anymore), concept drawings for my Elusive Blue coin, and gold onyx sunflower ring from polymer clay as well, and finally baldric from COTBP before mid December when Lady Washington (aka Interceptor) comes into town!

NeonHurricane
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Pirates and Princesses? Do please explain! Is this a Flordia-only thing? Didn't hear of it!

In January through March at Disney World (Magic Kingdom to be exact) they're doing an event called Pirates and Princesses. It appears to basically be like the halloween event, except for the theme.

From "AllEarsNet"

"With an adventure map and treasure pouch in hand, families can embark on a quest for colorful beads, chocolate doubloons and fun throughout the Magic Kingdom theme park. Adventurers can explore Magic Kingdom on a quest for pirate coves and princess courts brimming with specially themed entertainment, participate in character meet-and-greets and experience some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions open throughout the evening. Guests are invited to dress up as a wily pirate or favorite Disney princess."

Click here for more details about it. (http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/pirateprincess.htm)

And about the hat, I guess I thought it was different just because I hadn't seen it from the top. :P

piratelife4me
11-17-2006, 06:35 PM
In January through March at Disney World (Magic Kingdom to be exact) they're doing an event called Pirates and Princesses. It appears to basically be like the halloween event, except for the theme.

From "AllEarsNet"

"With an adventure map and treasure pouch in hand, families can embark on a quest for colorful beads, chocolate doubloons and fun throughout the Magic Kingdom theme park. Adventurers can explore Magic Kingdom on a quest for pirate coves and princess courts brimming with specially themed entertainment, participate in character meet-and-greets and experience some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions open throughout the evening. Guests are invited to dress up as a wily pirate or favorite Disney princess."

Click here for more details about it. (http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/pirateprincess.htm)

And about the hat, I guess I thought it was different just because I hadn't seen it from the top. :P

I take that you didn't read my last post.

Phantom Pirate
11-19-2006, 02:05 AM
I gotta ask- where did everyone get the accurate Jack Sparrow head scarves? They're SO expensive on ebay...if I had one, I'd wear it on a regular basis!

NeonHurricane
11-19-2006, 02:34 AM
My post the Jack Sparrow cosplay topic:

"Here's a link that's sure to interest all you Jack Sparrow cosplayers in need of a headscarf.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mango-Fever

(If in stock) This is in fact the EXACT item used for the headscarf in the movie. Yep, the seller actually claims that they are the ones that sold the headscarf to the props dept. for Pirates of the Caribbean. And having one in my posession myself, I find it hard to disagree, it looks exactly like it (be it not weathered yet).

So get em while you can!"

And be sure to look at the other pages for the "Buy it Now" options. I think right now they're selling for around 15 dollars (US, thought I'd mention that because this is a UK store).

And piratelife4me, I did reply. O.o

djsequence
11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Darn... I'd very much love to be a part of the Pirates and Princesses event. Oh well..

sparrowfan
11-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Yay I finally got my dead man's chest jack sparrow belts.
costed me pretty much half of what they sell for currently!!
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8977/dscn1857mx1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2305/dscn1858rm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Wediznutt
11-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Well for what is worth....a fellow Captain Jack Sparrow cosplayer told me about an adhesive that is FAR better than spirit gum. It is called Telesis 5. It is a sililcone based adhesive used in the medical field. It goes on clear and dries clear. When you perspire the adhesive doesn't detatch, turn yellow, or crack when it dries.

The disadvantage is that this stuff is about $50.00 for 2 ounceshttp://forums.cosplay.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
:eek:. I have seen it on the Internet for as low as $46.00. I am on a quest for something cheaper!

Moon Prince
11-20-2006, 02:24 AM
I got the scarf Neon has... It does look great. it's only about $17 and change with shipping. Not bad. I like mine so much I bought a second one. Wediznutt also got this one as well I believe.

Get it while you can. I plan on wearing it not just with my costume. ^^;

piratelife4me
11-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Neon: Sry, i didn't see that.
I really really need a good close up on her skirts.
I need to figure out how to put the patches on.
Does anyone have Photoshop?

stefunierocks
11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Tia Dalma Patches:

Heres what I did.

I took scraps of an old flowered shirt, and purple scraps i had cut, frayed and dyed. And hand stitched them togeether with black thread, in just a few stitches so they stayed together, but just barely.

Then i hand stitched those to the dress. I believe i had about 80. You can check out the scraps again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/Tia/S3010040.jpg

I just bought my tickets for Pirates and Princesses. We're going the 26th, as its a passholder date, so tix were cheaper. Its a friday. Hopefully you both can get tickets for that date?

Sorry I havent been around. I got laid off, got into a car accident and have been jobless and carless for awhile. Its been rough.

Wediznutt
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I went to a local boot store called Boot World (actually they are nationwide) and picked up a pair of plastic boot risers for my CJS boots. They make the world of difference in keeping your CJS boots in excellent storage shape so that they don't slouch and get creased. Under $20.00! I highly recommend them! My CJS boots thank me!

$20.00 ones that work just great!
http://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/photos/BR-029-2T.jpg

Expensive ones around $40.00!
http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/ebusiness1/images/product/large/Boot%20Shaper_9%20I_L.jpg

djsequence
11-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey hey those boot holders are quite interesting! XD Thanks for sharing that idea, Wediznutt.
Does anyone know how to make replica pirate swords? I wish I could buy stuff online like everyone else... But I guess making it by hand is the next best thing

Wediznutt
11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey hey those boot holders are quite interesting! XD Thanks for sharing that idea, Wediznutt.
Does anyone know how to make replica pirate swords? I wish I could buy stuff online like everyone else... But I guess making it by hand is the next best thing

This was the exact same question I asked under Props and Accessories forum a few days ago:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=96640

I am going to make mine out of balsa wood because it easier to carve and then seal it with either fiberglass or some other type of sealant that I do not know of!!!! Fiberglass would work well but it is very messy and smelly in a household environment!

Wediznutt
11-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Tia Dalma Patches:

Heres what I did.

I took scraps of an old flowered shirt, and purple scraps i had cut, frayed and dyed. And hand stitched them togeether with black thread, in just a few stitches so they stayed together, but just barely.

Then i hand stitched those to the dress. I believe i had about 80. You can check out the scraps again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/Tia/S3010040.jpg

I just bought my tickets for Pirates and Princesses. We're going the 26th, as its a passholder date, so tix were cheaper. Its a friday. Hopefully you both can get tickets for that date?

Sorry I havent been around. I got laid off, got into a car accident and have been jobless and carless for awhile. Its been rough.

Awesome Tia Dalma costume! We need Pirates and Princesses out here in DLR!!! All we get is Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA! Why does MK get all the fun!? Arrrrrrrrrrr!

piratelife4me
11-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Thank you Step
I will go on that day. I don't work.
I think Neon is going on the same date too.

I will try that. I am still working on the bodice.

Moon Prince
11-21-2006, 03:32 AM
I totally agree with you, Wediznutt!! We need more fun things happening at the first park. I don't like DCA... Do we even have the Jack Sparrow show thingy?

I think they should re-do the Tom Sawyer Island into "Tortuga"! *laughs*

stefunierocks
11-21-2006, 09:08 AM
haha two Tia Dalma's in one night? People were surprised to see one at MVMCP.

Cant wait to see you guys then!!

Wediznutt: thank you!! Clearly you just need to make a trip out to WDW! I am in love your costume as well. Youve done a great job.

Tsuyosa
11-21-2006, 12:14 PM
H/O just one second. I'm confused....

Who all is from Florida? (around the Disney area).... o_=

*raises hand*

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
haha two Tia Dalma's in one night? People were surprised to see one at MVMCP.

Cant wait to see you guys then!!

Wediznutt: thank you!! Clearly you just need to make a trip out to WDW! I am in love your costume as well. Youve done a great job.

I have been to WDW 5 times now since my first trip back in 1995! But never has Disneyland had something as fun as MK puts on!!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow rides again in the Dana Point Christmas Ships Parade of Lights on December 9! The theme this year? But of course Yo Ho Ho Pirates! We are hoping to capture the Mayors Prize of $1000.00!!! Pictures will be posted after the event! I need to hurry on modifying me bits n pieces of costume!

Updating the wig by modifying some of the dreads and the ponytail. Redoing some of my beads, kuchiis as well! A little bit more detail! Being a perfectionist is not good!!!

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I totally agree with you, Wediznutt!! We need more fun things happening at the first park. I don't like DCA... Do we even have the Jack Sparrow show thingy?

I think they should re-do the Tom Sawyer Island into "Tortuga"! *laughs*

I agree! Over in another forum I suggested that they drop the Flying Dutchman, Black Pearl and the Dauntless into the Rivers Of America (after all six or nine or however many Pirate movies they make) so that the entire area is covered in piratude! Many people disagreed but look what MAY be happening to Tom Sawyer Isle! Maybe the Isle of Muerta? Thar be cursed treasure in these here waters....Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

stefunierocks
11-21-2006, 12:38 PM

*raises hand*

I'm from Florida. hailing from St. Pete.

Going to Pirates and Princess at Disney Jan. 26th

holla! lol

Toji_Chiba
11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Hello there maties!
Im new to Cosplay.com, but i spend the last three days reading the POTC Topics in this Forum and decided to join your crew ;)
In the moment im recreating and recreating my own Jack Sparrow Costume (well in fact its more some sort of black jack cosplay^^) and thought it would be a good idea to be registered here if i have some questions to my fallow jacks here ^^

And another reason why i am here is sithcamaro xD its his fault i have done a Jack Sparrow Cosplay.

NeonHurricane
11-21-2006, 04:43 PM

*raises hand*

*Raises Hand Too* I'm from Kissimmee, right in the middle of all the tourists (I live right off the 192).

Keep in mind though your Pirates of the Caribbean ride is waaaayyy better than ours. We did get the new movie related additions but... yours was much longer and more cool to begin with. And they've been adjusting and upgrading that thing for years, until now our ride was pretty much the same as it was in the 70s.

Not to mention you guys have Jack Sparrow as a walk around character. Here I've only seen him in the show rather than signing autographs and such. So I envy you guys probably as much as you envy us. lol

Thank you Step
I will go on that day. I don't work.
I think Neon is going on the same date too.

Aye, I'm hoping to, can't garuntee... but I'll definatley try now that I know that some people from here will be there. It would be cool to meet other cosplayers.

And welcome Toji_Chiba! Good luck on your costume, as a fellow Jack I'll glady answer any questions. :)

Mannn... I need to make shorter posts. :P

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 05:19 PM
I beg to differ Neon....I beg to differ!

PIRATES ARE COMING!

Ahoy Me Hearties – On May 21, 2007, prepare yourselves for a three-day adventure unlike any that has been seen this side of the 7 Seas Lagoon.

Set yer' compass towards uncharted territories and brace the helm as ye' journey into the unknown depths of the sea. Be on the look out for the Pirates of the Caribbean and the surprises and thrills that are lurking behind the dark and dreary coves of the Lagoon.

And if it's treasure yer' heart be fancying, then venture to the mucky port of Tortuga, where ye' be sure to find the finest pirate treasures in all the land. But beware this port of riches; swabs like you and their treasures, have been known to disappear…

Event: Pirates of the Caribbean: Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon
Event Dates: May 21-24, 2007
Event Location: DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY Resort

We regret to inform you that Walt Disney Event Services, Disneyland DelivEARS, and WDW Mail Order will NOT accept calls or inquires about the event at this time. Please continue to look on DisneyGallery.com for updated event information.

:bigcry:

Moon Prince
11-21-2006, 05:24 PM
There is no Face Char Jack? Only a in show Jack?

I do wish they would hold some more events here at the main park though.. I went to one of the original Halloween Nights and it was a blast. Guests were in "OMG!" terrifi costumes to "heh, I threw this together from my closet" things... like mine. I just got oer being sick, so I bundled myself up in black clothing and put on my B5 Psi Corps badge and black leather gloves.

I have always LOVED the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I'm so glad they took out the ridiculous Pirates chasing the women for food stuff with the Sparrow upgrade.

I must start working again on my costume...

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I must start working again on my costume...

Yes Moon Prince get to work! I shall be expecting to see a somewhat "working" version of your Captain Jack Sparrow costume at the arrival of the Lady Washington aka HMS Interceptor on the weekend of December 16th and 17th in San Pedro, CA!

Sonsko-chan
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
MP- Hey! I liked the original Pirates! With the pirates chasing women and whatnot. I did grow up with it. :]

piratelife4me
11-21-2006, 07:49 PM

*raises hand*

*raises both hands*

I live in east orlando.
Some of you know that i am a Hula dancer at the Polynesian Luau.
I moved from Hawaii about 7 yrs ago.

I am still working on my bodice. Right now, i sewing as i search around the net.

I like how we are all different races that love the same guy(Jack). *NOT A GAY WAY*

Sonsko-chan: I remember that when i visited. They got rid of it b/c it was to offensive. I still thought it was cool though. I also missed the second drop from the POTC ride in Disneyland.

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 07:56 PM
*raises both hands*

I live in east orlando.
Some of you know that i am a Hula dancer at the Polynesian Luau.
I moved from Hawaii about 7 yrs ago.

I am still working on my bodice. Right now, i sewing as i search around the net.

I like how we are all different races that love the same guy(Jack). *NOT A GAY WAY*

Aloha Nui Loa! :rockon: Which island? I grew up on Oahu all my life! Raised in Haliewa (North Shore brah!), Kalihi Valley, and Leileiha near downtown and Punchbowl!

Moanalua High School! Go Menehunes! So what brought you to Florida Tia Dalma look alike?

Tsuyosa
11-21-2006, 08:19 PM
The world is too small...

so funny two of you came from hawaii... and several of us are now in florida!

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
The world is too small...

so funny two of you came from hawaii... and several of us are now in florida!

Well I wish I was in Floriday so I could go to Pirates and Princesses!!!! Alas I am stuck here in southern California!

Wediznutt
11-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Someone had posted a link way back when on this forum regarding the new Master Replica 2007 Pirate Blister Packs product line (similar to the skull ring, Davy Jones key, and cursed Aztec gold). The link is now broken and the pictures have been removed.

Did anyone manage to copy the images from the Actionfigs.com website? I wanted to use the MR long dangle as a reference.

Anyone? Please? Help?:lost:

NeonHurricane
11-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Did anyone manage to copy the images from the Actionfigs.com website? I wanted to use the MR long dangle as a reference.

Anyone? Please? Help?:lost:

I was wondering what happened to the pics aswell. Weird that they just disappeared.

Though I'm curious, why is it you want to use the MR replica pic for reference? I mean, aren't there plenty of Jack Sparrow headshots that you could use? :confused:

piratelife4me
11-21-2006, 10:54 PM
I was born and raised in Wahiawa(dead center). My dad currently lives in Haliewa on top of Pupukea. You must know Three Tables Beach. That is my favorite beach.
I moved to FLordia for better education, neighborhood, and space.
It's not everyday I run into someone from North Shore. (besides the people I work with.)
What made you move?

HAWAIIAN STYLE
http://www.myspace.com/pirates4mez

Tsuyosa:
The right words are:
"It's a Small World After All"

Sonsko-chan
11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Alas I am stuck here in southern California!

Yes. So am I. But character Jack stole my camera once. :] And I got a picture with him. And my friend and I were smart and went around the other way, thus confronting him head on rather than having to push through the groupies...mob..thing. :] I practically live at DL.

Wediznutt
11-22-2006, 12:29 AM
I was wondering what happened to the pics aswell. Weird that they just disappeared.

Though I'm curious, why is it you want to use the MR replica pic for reference? I mean, aren't there plenty of Jack Sparrow headshots that you could use? :confused:

Most of the head shots are covered by his dreads. All the pics that I have seen show his dangle above the second metal bead. Most of the other shots show a partially covered bead and the color is varied in all photos. The MR version showed really good color and shape of the beads.

Moon Prince
11-22-2006, 05:32 AM
I may only have my boots and wig done by then....

I got to see Jack being escorted from NO threw Main Street. (I'm assuming to go home) and being chased and mobbed as he went. It as funny to see him (who I know now the day I went was a guy named Brandon) stay completely in character and stop to look at things that confused him (Jack) and stop to smell some flowers at the flower art.

I'm going to Disneyland hopefully on Dec 23 if anybody wants to join me...

sparrowfan
11-22-2006, 05:58 AM
anyone have a nice picture of Jack's Wig?
I'm having trouble putting one together

Toji_Chiba
11-22-2006, 03:22 PM
mhh... There are a lot of pictures of Jacks Wig, but i found t rather difficult to produce the wig from the pictures... so i just put it together and modified it till it looked similar.
Maybe it could be a good idea to tell the jacks here where you have difficulties.
Me for example... okay my wig is very improvisational so my main focus was to let it look well enough to make the cosplay recognisable ^^ im still working on it^^

Wediznutt
11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
anyone have a nice picture of Jack's Wig?
I'm having trouble putting one together

Alright I just posted 5 reference photos of Johnny Depp as CJS in my gallery along with a buttload of photos of my wig in the creative process. I also added a picture of what my wig looked like before all the surgery began.

Remember that the characters hair changed considerably from Curse of the Black Pearl to Dead Man's Chest so you need to decide how far you want to go. I went for the Dead Man's Chest version because it had more dreadlocks and I was on a roll! Some changes between the two movies are (1) more dreadlocks in the 2nd movie, (2) more ties on the dreadlocks, (3) a few more coins minus the one that used to be on the back of his bandana, and (4) the ponytail changed a bit.

I am currently updating a my CJS wig by resteaming the dreadlocks, adding a few more black dreads, replacing alot of my beads with the actual real beads (Copals, skunks, coral, wood, bone, etc.) and redesigning the ponytail so it blends into the wig a little better, and adding more detailed coins since I discovered a few that I missed. I am also working on the elusive blue coin worn on the right side. This is the one with the three white seagulls and waves. There is also a six sided brass coin worn on the right side half way up one of his dreads. I also discovered that many of the coins that I thought were individual are actually doubled up with two coins. The Kanekalon hair works well but the wig requires alot of maintenance after wearing it about three times. The synthetic wig and dread hair also tends to get really frizzy since it reacts to heat.

When you make the dreadlocks out of Kanekalon synthetic hair, the dreadlocks work best with steam. The heat from the steam actually shrinks the hair so that you end up with a tight dreadlock. You may have a few hairs sticking out but those can be trimmed away.

Hope this helps. Be on the look out for my How To Guide for a Captain Jack Sparrow wig which will include how to make the dreads and how to attach them to the wig.:bigtu:

Wediznutt
11-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I have been hearing and reading in other forums people saying that ole Captain Jack Sparrow has been cosplayed out! What is your opinion? If you do a Costume Search for CJS there are about 84 of us at last count cosplaying him...HOWEVER if you do a Costume Search for say a character like Sailor Moon you get over 85 pages times 21 individuals per page!!! Talk about a character that is cosplayed out!!!

Just my two doubloons! What do you think?

gelflinggal
11-22-2006, 06:42 PM
There's plenty of characters that have been "cosplayed out" (will not name any due to avoiding flying tomatoes and such produce)...Capt. Sparrow is just immensely popular and fresh on everyone's mind at the moment and will be for some time to come...personally I can't get enough...neither can my son...he's 3 and loves Capt. Jack!

Phantom Pirate
11-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Psh. My beloved Cap'n Jack is nowhere NEAR cosplayed out.

Tsuyosa
11-23-2006, 12:26 AM
I wouldn't stick Captain Jack up there with "cosplayed out"...

Consider... SailorMoon, Final Fantasy, Naruto, FullMetal... yeah. That is cosplayed out... (I have nothing against people who continue to do it... but still... it's just... it just.... T_T ..

>_> it makes me go Huuuuu-siiiiighh)

Sonsko-chan
11-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Yush. Nowhere near cosplayed out yet. I mean, as Tsuyosa said, take a look at some other things (Bleach and KH, for two more. :])

NeonHurricane
11-23-2006, 02:42 AM
I don't really think Jack is over cosplayed. Honestly it seems that cosplaying Jack is more popular for "in-character" types rather than the general cosplayers. And because of this, I can't really invision him ever being over cosplayed.

But this is strictly cosplay right and not counting like... Halloween popularity right? Because that would be a bit of a different story.

sparrowfan
11-23-2006, 03:16 AM
thx Wediznutt
you are the best man,

are your dreads the same hair as the wig you purchased?
I'm planning to get a woman's wig, and buy some synthetic dreads such as these and attach it to the woman's wig
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7767/241kt5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

just having trouble finding a good starting point
i'll probably start with a woman's wig, cut it shorter and try to attach dreads to it. thats my plan.

I don't think Jack Sparrow is costplayed out, lol
pirates are costplayed out,

but a decent Jack Sparrow that looks and resembles the one on screen are rare

Moon Prince
11-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Here are some pics I posted before... Johnny getting his wig on..

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon6.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon5.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon2-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon4.jpg

I think Pirates are just classic.... You are always going to have pirates.

My three year old nieces haven't seen POTC but they know who Jack is.

Wediznutt
11-23-2006, 02:22 PM
are your dreads the same hair as the wig you purchased?

The dreads are made separately using the Kanekalon hair. Check out my Gallery and you will see the dreads as standalone items. The wig is Kanekalon material as is the dreadlocks.

just having trouble finding a good starting point
i'll probably start with a woman's wig, cut it shorter and try to attach dreads to it. thats my plan.

I too was having trouble finding a starting points so that is why I started making the dreadlocks first. $2.99 at any beauty salon such as Sally's. The colors I used were brown and off black. I also just scoured the Internet for pictures of Johnny Depp in his wigs. I created a How To Guide of pics without text in order to create my wig. I hunted all over for a wig until someone on POTC Costuming Yahoo Groups pointed me to Jasmine Wigs on eBay. They are expensive but you can Make An Offer and I got my wig for about $45.00. I think in the future I may switch over to a human hair wig. I found another eBay site that sells human hair wigs for about $150.00....but that is in the future.

but a decent Jack Sparrow that looks and resembles the one on screen are rare

This is true! I have seen alot of CJS wandering around at Halloween but if you don't have the WALK and the TALK Captain Jack Sparrow you're not! Just my opinion!

Oh yeah! Another motivator to get on the construction of my wig is to print up some of those multiple views of CJS hair and post them in your working area. They will serve as your guide. I had pics all over the bathroom mirror until my wife finally said they need to come down....so to maker her happy I put some Orlando Bloom pics up on her side and she quited down!!!:bigtu:

Wediznutt
11-23-2006, 02:50 PM
First of its kind! I found out from a group of friends on another site!:cheers:

Thought this was one great place to start the post!!!

New Orleans, LA!!! April 20-22, 2007

http://www.pyratecon.com/

The best part is the Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse Of The Black Pearl Audience Participation Event (APE)! Very similar to The Rocky Horror Picture Show events!

I need to see if the Cosplay Admins can list this on their Conventions listings!

Wediznutt
11-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Here are some pics I posted before... Johnny getting his wig on..

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon6.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon5.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon2-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/Deka_Yellow/wigon4.jpg

I think Pirates are just classic.... You are always going to have pirates.

My three year old nieces haven't seen POTC but they know who Jack is.

Thanks Moon Prince! I was looking for these earlier! These are great shots for reference!

Moon Prince
11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
You are welcome....

Say, how do you 'steam the dreads'? could you post a tutorital? I will probably eventually upgrade my wig at one point since I'm using a cheap "Ozzy" halloween wig and rasta wig dreads. LOL

and for those who my not pay attention to this sort of thing? The 2 disc version of DMC will have a "Jack Sparrow head to toe" featurette featuring Johnny among others. That may have some good behind the scene shots?

The pics I posted are from the "lost disc" feature "becoming Jack"

Wediznutt
11-25-2006, 12:15 AM
You are welcome....

Say, how do you 'steam the dreads'? could you post a tutorital? I will probably eventually upgrade my wig at one point since I'm using a cheap "Ozzy" halloween wig and rasta wig dreads. LOL

and for those who my not pay attention to this sort of thing? The 2 disc version of DMC will have a "Jack Sparrow head to toe" featurette featuring Johnny among others. That may have some good behind the scene shots?

The pics I posted are from the "lost disc" feature "becoming Jack"

Oooooooooooooo! I have been looking for the Lost Disc Edition! I don't neccessarily want another DVD of the first movie though!

There are several ways to steam the dreadlocks! First some people drop them into boiling water which I don't recommend, Second some people use a tea kettle and hold the dreadlocks over the area that releases the steam and I wouldn't recommend that as well for fear of burning yourself, and Third some people use a clothes steamer which I recommend and used.

Here is a clothes steamer from Rowena and cost about $20.00.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6887.jpg

So here is a brief tutorial:

1. Backcomb the living daylights out of the synthetic hair by using a comb. For best results steal your cats flea comb and use that! The teeth of the comb are closer together and backcombing the synhair gives you more knots. Yeah mon...dey don't call dem "natty dreads" for notin ya know! (Bad Tia Dalma...)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6872.jpg

2. Keep backcombing and smoothing out the hairs. When you are done backcombing you should end up with a mass of hair like this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6879.jpg

3. Smooth out the hairs for the final time.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6888.jpg

4. Start twisting the hair. Start from the top or the base and move your way down. Remember if you want a large dreadlock you will have to use more hair for a smaller dreadlock use less hair. I experimented with the size of the dread based upon how tight the twist but I wouldn't recommend it because a loose twist tends to unravel no matter how much steam you apply.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6889.jpg

5. When you get to the bottem of the twisted dread start the steaming process. I usually passed the steamer over the dread maybe four times and twist a quarter turn and do the same. This ensures you covered all sides of the dreadlock.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6890.jpg

6. When you are done you will end up with something looking like this!

Note that some of the hair is still loose but this cannot be avoided. If you were using real human hair you will end up with a tighter dreadlock. Human hair is faceted and that is what causes it to stick together. Synhair is made of Kanekalon and that stuff shrinks together and holds due to shrinkage!:untrust:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20Wig/CIMG6920_exposure.jpg

Moon Prince
11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
thank you very much!!

I downloaded the Lost disc... it's a PAL version. I was hopeing to find it at the Tower Record clearance, but no dice...

NeonHurricane
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
This is true! I have seen alot of CJS wandering around at Halloween but if you don't have the WALK and the TALK Captain Jack Sparrow you're not! Just my opinion!

Here here! But that's easy for me to say considering people say I do it dead on. It's so wierd how being in the costume and acting like the character can let you get away with sooo much. Heck... I was willingly allowed to "steal" someones hat for the sake of being in character. (I gave it back obviously but still)

So have you started/any progress on your hat? I recently looked at the tutorial (atleast I think it's the same one, not sure if there's any others), and it looks like very patient work. I'd love to be able to do it but I don't know if I would have enough patience to work with leather. But who knows... I've been daring lately.

And by the way, it turns out that I cannot go on the 26th date for the P&P event... :(

EDIT:

It appears people keep on feeding me wrong info lol. Apparently a 27th date doesen't exist so I'm going on the 29th! Sheesh.. I better stop posting about this... I keep on messing up my facts rofl!

Moon Prince
11-25-2006, 08:55 PM
that is so very true... if you don't have the right 'attitude' in any costume it's not the same. When I walk like Jack at work, I just look gay. :toothy:

sparrowfan
11-25-2006, 09:19 PM
anyone know where i could get the EXACT
jack sparrow Frock Coat? anyone? Wediznutt?
hehe

an accurate coat makes a heck of a lot of difference. lol
by seeing pics of sithcamaro's transformations

heres a picture of the fabric used
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5458/dscf0141warg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Wediznutt
11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
anyone know where i could get the EXACT
jack sparrow Frock Coat? anyone? Wediznutt?
hehe

an accurate coat makes a heck of a lot of difference. lol
by seeing pics of sithcamaro's transformations

heres a picture of the fabric used
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5458/dscf0141warg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I think Sith Camaro aka Toby's CJS frock coat is a dead on piece. He apparently was able to get his hands on the actual coat and use it as a guide...so it seems from his pics on his website. I think I will save up some money first and approach him for a purchase...if he eventually goes back to listing them on eBay.

I settled for a frock coat from this eBay seller: Exclusive Taylormade Costumes. She made the coat out of a dark linen material which is dark blue. It is even lined with another silk like material. Very nice and suits me for now.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20in%20the%20workplace/CIMG7316_exposure.jpg

You could also try eBay seller: YORDREEM_Costumes_and_props. He makes his frock coats from linen as well. $200.00 but it is brown. He used to list custom made frock coats in about 8 different colors but it is not listed right now! Go through his comments and you may see one of the blue frock coats.

The last eBay seller: Ardath Renaissance Clothing I have not seen any CJS frock coats but you can always contact her.

sparrowfan
11-26-2006, 12:40 AM
thx Wediznutt !!

I would have to save up to afford pieces by Toby. lol
how much does he offer them for?
But an accurate coat really does do the trick

Wediznutt
11-26-2006, 01:46 AM
thx Wediznutt !!

I would have to save up to afford pieces by Toby. lol
how much does he offer them for?
But an accurate coat really does do the trick

Not too sure how much he charges. Before Halloween he was selling the complete outfit for about $5000.00 but I think he reduced them to about $3500 in an Auction mode.

My coat suits me fine actually. The buttons may not be exact or the trim but I am ok with that. I will probably replace the buttons with actual tarnished brass buttons. CJS frock coat has five trimmings on the pockets with five buttons...mine only has three. The back of CJS frock coat has buttons going down the center split with trim. Mine only has two at the top. What is nice about my frock coat is that it has three splits in the back as does CJS.

I would just contact SithCamaro regarding his coats. He is pretty cool at responding.

piratelife4me
11-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Neon:
I can go on the 27th too. no prob.
Hope to see you there.

sparrowfan
11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Just uploaded some pics of me on Halloween,
needs some major upgrades, working on the new wig, new hat that fits!!!
and weathering, the entire outfit is brand new. lol
what do you guys think??

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/sparrowfan/3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/sparrowfan/1.jpg

NeonHurricane
11-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Looking great sparrowfan! Nice sash! It would be cool to see a pic without the coat so we can see the other elements of the costume, but of course if you intend on wearing the coat with it every time than its not important. :P

So... you mentioned weathering, and wig.... so I have nothing to nitpick about. :p

If you're looking for weathering ideas this page has alot of cool ideas:
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Fabric/Distressing.htm

Happy costuming!

Phantom Pirate
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Alley Cat Scratch is a great site- I've been going there for years!

Man...if I had Jack's coat...I'd wear it all the time (with regular clothes) and snuggle up when it's cold!

sparrowfan
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Neo. heh
I acutally got a better sash now, and will no longer be using that sash anymore. When I'm finished with my costume, i'll take more pics without the coat

Wediznutt
11-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Just uploaded some pics of me on Halloween,
needs some major upgrades, working on the new wig, new hat that fits!!!
and weathering, the entire outfit is brand new. lol
what do you guys think??

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/sparrowfan/3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/sparrowfan/1.jpg

Hey SparrowFAN...are you Sith-World on eBay? I saw these pics in that store! Cool stuff!

Wediznutt
11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Alright mates! I am looking for a pair of pirate boots in brown leather for me wife. She doesn't want heels because in a past Halloween event her feet were killing her. Currently all the really good boots are available only in women's size 10 as the smallest size. She needs a 7 to 7.5 depending upon the sock thickness.

Any help would be great! I have found some boots but they look like they would be extremely uncomfortable!

Boot spats aka covers would also suffice but sources seem scarce after Halloween!

TIA!

NeonHurricane
11-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Well, I've gotten fabric to remake my vest, this time I've got the correct color for the back... AND I'm going to take more time into weathering the fabric and such. I'm also doing work on my Jack Sparrow acting skills aswell. Lately I've been reading different theatrical websites on warm-ups and things to get you in the right frame of mind for improv. It's worked wonders.

About the boots, good luck. lol. After reading your post I looked around different places online and it appears that the size your looking for is nigh impossible to find in a good boot. :(

And finally about the P&P thing I constantly bring up all the time, it turns out the 27th date doesen't exist (even though cast members told me there was) so the 29th (which does in fact exist lol) is when I'm going. And that's final this time rofl. I keep changing around all the time that I wouldn't be surprised if you all hate me. j/k ;) Seriously though, every time I post about this I keep messing up! I should swear an oath or something to not post about it anymore lol.

Good luck everybody on whatever you're up to, and I'm going to take a breather now from my excessive posting. :P

EDIT; Do you think we're getting close to too many pages? Meaning, do you think we should start a new topic soon? Its definatley alot to sift through if you're looking for ideas and don't neccisarily want to post.

Moon Prince
11-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Wediznutt,
It's a bit of a drive... but this is a good place for Halloween stuffs.
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/193519/santa_fe_springs_ca/halloween_club.html

They are open year round.

I have a problem with finding boots... I wear size 6.

piratelife4me
11-28-2006, 12:36 PM
I have no ideal. Just do not order off of ebay. They have the worst boots.
If you have a Renaissance fair nearby, they have the best long-lasting boots. And they will help you find the perfect ones.
I am saving up money to get a pair at the Tampa ren fair.

About the P&P thing. I can go on any date. I doesn't matter.

Wediznutt
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I have no ideal. Just do not order off of ebay. They have the worst boots.
If you have a Renaissance fair nearby, they have the best long-lasting boots. And they will help you find the perfect ones.
I am saving up money to get a pair at the Tampa ren fair.

About the P&P thing. I can go on any date. I doesn't matter.

PL4M: Are you speaking from experience? There are several good boots on eBay with good prices but they are all too big! It is hard to find a good female pirate boot that doesn't have a 9 inch heel or is related to some "fetish" or "goth" site! All we need is a good ole pirate boot! Seems to be a market for small footed female pirate wannabes!!!:)

NeonHurricane
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
PL4M:It is hard to find a good female pirate boot that doesn't have a 9 inch heel or is related to some "fetish" or "goth" site! All we need is a good ole pirate boot!

That didn't stop me! lol I got my boots off of that kind of site, and they're perfectly fine pirate boots (be it they're from a company called "Pleaser" ... er yeah). Can't beat the prices on some of those creepy sites but as you said, the foot size is the problem.

Wediznutt
11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
That didn't stop me! lol I got my boots off of that kind of site, and they're perfectly fine pirate boots (be it they're from a company called "Pleaser" ... er yeah). Can't beat the prices on some of those creepy sites but as you said, the foot size is the problem.

Yeah I looked at the Pleaser brand. They are good looking boots but they claim their smallest female size is 10! Basically they switch the size conversion over from the mans size and claim it is for women!

Still hunting!!!:hafha:

piratelife4me
11-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes, i am speaking from experience. I bought boots from ebay and they sended me the wrong size, it was badly made, and plastic: when they told me it was real leather. I don't remember who i bought it from, but they still sell on ebay.

I don't trust websites for boots. I'd rather see someone who knows what is better for me.
I tried on really nice, comfortable boots last year at the ren fest. The maker made sure i was satisfied. That is why I am saving up to get them.

Though there are some people who have luck with finding perfect boots.

djsequence
11-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Nooooooo... -_- PirateCon is in LA... That's too bad for me I guess. I really wanted to go for some swashbuckling adventurez!
Anyways I haven't seen anyone make a Scruffington costume soooo
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/lorissa/playingamecubeXD.jpg
XD 'Twas made in a month :D And wearing it at AN07!
It's not my whole costume cause my pal took the pic while playing vid games and I don't own a camera... I don't even got my makeup and everything on...

Wediznutt
11-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, I've gotten fabric to remake my vest, this time I've got the correct color for the back... AND I'm going to take more time into weathering the fabric and such.

Neon: What pattern are you using for your waistcoat? Simplicity? Also are you going to hand stitch or machine stitch? What are you going to do for the gussoting on the back?

So many questions!!!!

Wediznutt
11-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Nooooooo... -_- PirateCon is in LA... That's too bad for me I guess. I really wanted to go for some swashbuckling adventurez!
Anyways I haven't seen anyone make a Scruffington costume soooo
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/lorissa/playingamecubeXD.jpg
XD 'Twas made in a month :D And wearing it at AN07!
It's not my whole costume cause my pal took the pic while playing vid games and I don't own a camera... I don't even got my makeup and everything on...

Looking good! So what are you going to do in order to appear more "scruffy?":eek:

So Scruffington! Are you in LA? If so care to join us at the Lady Washington visit in December / January? We could use a Scruffington Commodore type! So far I think we have two Captain Jack Sparrows and a Will Turner! Still seeking other characters for a photo shoot onboard!

djsequence
11-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Looking good! So what are you going to do in order to appear more "scruffy?":eek:
So Scruffington! Are you in LA? If so care to join us at the Lady Washington visit in December / January? We could use a Scruffington Commodore type! So far I think we have two Captain Jack Sparrows and a Will Turner! Still seeking other characters for a photo shoot onboard!
Well, I was considering rolling in a pile of sand... hehe! Or mabie even airbrushing dirt/sand onto the costume.
Oh! How I wish I lived in LA right now, but alas I am on the other side of the country. O_o I really hope you have fun though! And mabie I'll visit some year when I get enough moneys. :D

Sonsko-chan
11-29-2006, 09:04 PM
LA. Oh the pain of where I live. xD

So anybody have any clue of how to make Will or Pirate!Lizzy?

Tsuyosa
11-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey I hate to ask this.... Could somebody do me a favor and take the measurements of an unfolded screen accurate bandana?

I might be taking a shot at making my own via some of the things i've learned with the spiderman movie-suit printing techniques ;)

Wediznutt
11-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Well I did some major work and updating of my Captain Jack Sparrow beads. I am still working on the bandana dangle as soon as I get the old Burmese coins. Here are some pics with brief descriptions.

Complete dangle on left side:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CSH%20beads/Dangleleftsidelarge.jpg

Close ups of dangle on left side:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CSH%20beads/Dangleleftsideclose01.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CSH%20beads/Dangleleftsideclose02.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CSH%20beads/Dangleleftsideclose03.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CSH%20beads/Dangleleftsideclose04.jpg

Right side dangle that hangs from black dreadlock:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CSH%20beads/Danglerightsidelarge.jpg

Wediznutt
11-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey I hate to ask this.... Could somebody do me a favor and take the measurements of an unfolded screen accurate bandana?

I might be taking a shot at making my own via some of the things i've learned with the spiderman movie-suit printing techniques ;)

The Mango Fever bandana that I purchased is about 100cm x 100cm. I believe that Sith Camaro's version is described as 3ft x 3ft.

NeonHurricane
11-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Neon: What pattern are you using for your waistcoat? Simplicity? Also are you going to hand stitch or machine stitch? What are you going to do for the gussoting on the back?

So many questions!!!!

We're using the Simplicity pattern like last time, but we're modding it a little bit. We're adding pockets for one, and changing the length of the back. That's more due to my stature rather than accuracy but what the heck, might aswell tell ya that. Hehe.

Machine stitch for the most part. We'll try to make it as handmade looking as possible though. (Loosen some threads here and there, little less precise... general weathering, this time I really want the vest to look lived in) :P

Gussoting? Pardon my stupidity and insomnia (not a good combo) but what's that? lol

LA. Oh the pain of where I live. xD

So anybody have any clue of how to make Will or Pirate!Lizzy?

Depends, CotBP or DMC? When it comes to Will it seems the CotBP would be easier to acheive just because in DMC Will's clothing has alot of gaudy patterns on them. (http://www.costumersguide.com/robin/will8.jpg)

Tsuyosa
11-30-2006, 09:02 AM
The Mango Fever bandana that I purchased is about 100cm x 100cm. I believe that Sith Camaro's version is described as 3ft x 3ft.

thankyou!

piratelife4me
11-30-2006, 09:09 AM
I promise, promise, promise, that I will have a picture of my coat by next week. All I really need to do is finish the sleeves.
Every picture I see that did Tia sewed the coat to the rest of the dress, but it is actually seperate.
In the third movie, she has the coat off.
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/kt4.jpg
Thats her double.

One thing: I bought this fabric that might be to light. There is no other color I could use for the sleeves. Anyone know a technique I could use to get it darker? I am thinking about washing it with one of my black fabric.

Wediznutt
11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I promise, promise, promise, that I will have a picture of my coat by next week. All I really need to do is finish the sleeves.
Every picture I see that did Tia sewed the coat to the rest of the dress, but it is actually seperate.
In the third movie, she has the coat off.
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/kt4.jpg
Thats her double.

One thing: I bought this fabric that might be to light. There is no other color I could use for the sleeves. Anyone know a technique I could use to get it darker? I am thinking about washing it with one of my black fabric.

I remember seeing various types of dye for cotton material at Michaels.

Here is a website that talks about different dyes.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/dyes.html

Wediznutt
11-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Neon: Sorry! Gussoting was the wrong term! <Whatever it is called> is the lace ties on the back of the waistcoat. Similar to lacing up a sneaker! Cinches in the material for a better fit.

NeonHurricane
11-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Neon: Sorry! Gussoting was the wrong term! <Whatever it is called> is the lace ties on the back of the waistcoat. Similar to lacing up a sneaker! Cinches in the material for a better fit.

Ah! The ties are also in the Simplicity pattern. Same fabric as the back... though the ties don't entirely matter due to the sashes and belts covering it up anyways.

By the way, the pattern has the back section work as lining for the front, but is that accurate? I don't recall seeing any real lining whatsoever, and his vest is sorta baggy so I figure I would've noticed by now. Just checking though before we start on things.

EDIT: Oh, and WN, your beads rock! I've yet to really bother with mine (I might just wait until MRs come out), I tip my er.... bow my head! *golf claps*

As of right now my fabric is correctly undergoing the dying process to make it look old. The back fabirc came out nicley. Before it was a sort of tanish grey, now its darker and browner more like the back of the DMC vest (even though I was unable to find a stripey fabric, but the texture is very vertical so its close)

piratelife4me
11-30-2006, 05:59 PM
I bought this off white(not badge). I am trying to get it a little bit darker.
But thanks for looking.

Neon: I just realize that your going to Megacon. I am going all weekend because my mom loves Kevin Sorbo(Hercules) and Sean Astin. So I might see you there.

Moon Prince
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
no, no Michaels is the evil!!

I'm still debating on whether or not to make my bead strings myself to buy them. I've got some beads but there are few I'm missing. My Jar of Dirt is currently filled with "Jack's Gems' M&M's... My stack of Japanese movie magazines is growing... there are some really good pics in them. I've got ot unbury my fabric.

TUESDAY!!!

Megacon? Kevin Sorbo? Cool. I saw Kevin back at the 2000 Hercules/Xena con. He was on stage with Michael Hurst.

NeonHurricane
12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Fiddling with my wig again, I find it impossible to get the secondary ponytail (the one that goes over the scarf) to stick up like it does in the movie. Who knew Jack had such skill with hair, maybe he should charge his crew for haircuts on the slow pirating days.

If I get my vest made in time, I've actually been thinking about going to various electronics stores in costume for the release date of the Dead Man's Chest DVD. It would be fun to see how excited or insulted they get at the concept of a pirate lurking around the shelves.

sparrowfan
12-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Fiddling with my wig again, I find it impossible to get the secondary ponytail (the one that goes over the scarf) to stick up like it does in the movie. .

I just use a few rubber bands to tie together the ponytail together, near the roots of the wig.

Anyways, I've been working on my wig added some wool dreads, what do you guys think? more dreads? less hair?
going for more of the curse of the black pearl look.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9223/hairplay1yz4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5233/hairplay2tf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8222/hairplay3bn9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sonsko-chan
12-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Depends, CotBP or DMC? When it comes to Will it seems the CotBP would be easier to acheive just because in DMC Will's clothing has alot of gaudy patterns on them. (http://www.costumersguide.com/robin/will8.jpg)

At first I was planning on DMC, but really either one. Whichever I can get more information on, I want to try.

Wediznutt
12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Looking good! Remember that the ponytail that comes out of the right side has a dreadlock tied in with it. I just pull one of my right hand side dreads up and tie it off with thread. Thread works better than rubber bands. Rubberbands are good for temporary connectors. After awhile they will dry up and break. Next thing you know it your dread is sitting on the ground!

If your wig has a material mesh in which the hairs are weaved into it you may want to sew the end of the dread into the material. This ensures a more permanent hold!

I just use a few rubber bands to tie together the ponytail together, near the roots of the wig.

Anyways, I've been working on my wig added some wool dreads, what do you guys think? more dreads? less hair?
going for more of the curse of the black pearl look.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9223/hairplay1yz4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5233/hairplay2tf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8222/hairplay3bn9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

piratelife4me
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
DMC comes out tomorrow!!!!!!!!

NeonHurricane
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
DMC comes out tomorrow!!!!!!!!

And in honor of that, I'm going to do my first public cosplay. Captain Jack will be wandering the streets around the Florida Mall.

I'd say more, but I just wrote a long thing about it in my myspace blog (see profile) and my fingers need rest. :P

piratelife4me
12-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Cool. I just bought mine at wal-mart before class starts. Yep 6:00 in the morning.

NeonHurricane
12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm back from my cosplay adventure, and boy was it wierd! (and fun!)

First off, Best Buy (and everybody in it) didn't seem to have any sense of humor at all. They almost seemed annoyed that I was taking up their oxygen, so my we left that location immediatley.

Next we to the Florida Mall. And it was fun! Most people at the stores themselves thought me to be cool and amusing, most of the shoppers just didn't know what to do.

The kids were great though. I had this one kid react as if Christmas came early. It was so cool, he was like... "JACK SPARROW!!!" and his eyes got huge.

It seriously made me feel fluffy inside, the way all the kids reacted to Capt. Jack. I actually find it amazing that he's even known to these kids... they were mostly like, 3 to 8 year olds. And the movie is geared towards older audiences, but I guess marketing has just spread so widely that everybody knows the name.

Of course there was a strange run-in with security, but nothing really happened. It was almost if they were questioning me for their own curiosity rather than to "bust me."

It was really fun and strange. Again, you can read a much longer and detailed version on my myspace blog... it would be WAY too long to post here.

Lucifer
12-05-2006, 02:40 PM
It seriously made me feel fluffy inside, the way all the kids reacted to Capt. Jack. I actually find it amazing that he's even known to these kids... they were mostly like, 3 to 8 year olds. And the movie is geared towards older audiences, but I guess marketing has just spread so widely that everybody knows the name.

You'd be surprised what kids recognise nowadays. Then again the Disney stores have Jack everywhere now. Even if he looks a bit scary on those backpacks.

Moon Prince
12-05-2006, 03:34 PM
My 3.4 year old niece Ruby recognizes Jack. We saw a billboard for the movie on Saturday and she says "It's Jack!" My sister hasn't let them (I have twin nieces) watch it natually... they got sad watching Curious George crying that he didn't have a mom... But my sister and her friend, especially her friend love Johnny... so she has seen Jack.

Wediznutt
12-05-2006, 06:30 PM
The kids were great though. I had this one kid react as if Christmas came early. It was so cool, he was like... "JACK SPARROW!!!" and his eyes got huge.

I hope you followed up to that commet with a rum soaked, wobbly legged response of "It's CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow mate....emphasis on CAPTAIN, savvy?" I use it all the time when I hear those two words without the title!!!:)

Of course there was a strange run-in with security, but nothing really happened. It was almost if they were questioning me for their own curiosity rather than to "bust me."

Hmmm! Sounds like the same thing security did to us the moment we wandered through Disneyland's Downtown Disney! A few questions of "Are those real swords?" and "You're not planning on signing autographs are you?" I responded with a NO and a NO and a "I read the rules!" Next thing you know it I disobeyed the rules and asked a 7 year old Tinkerbell for HER autograph!!!!:hafha:

Wediznutt
12-05-2006, 06:33 PM
My 3.4 year old niece Ruby recognizes Jack. We saw a billboard for the movie on Saturday and she says "It's Jack!" My sister hasn't let them (I have twin nieces) watch it natually... they got sad watching Curious George crying that he didn't have a mom... But my sister and her friend, especially her friend love Johnny... so she has seen Jack.

My 9.2 year old nephew saw me and knew who I was and so did his little 5.3 year old brother! The 9.2 year old stated he wasn't allowed to watch the movies but he was allowed to watch Chapter 3 of the Star Wars saga including the burning Anakin scene! Nothing compared to crows pecking the eyes out of screaming prisoners..........:eek:

Moon Prince
12-06-2006, 04:45 AM
I was playing my GBA DMC game and i didn't tell Ruby what I was playing ... she looked at the screen and said 'It's Jack!" She even recognized Jack as a tiny game sprite.

The Jack Sparrow feature on the dvd gives some interesting insights to the background and the actual costlume pieces...

the blooper where Natalie (Tia) gets her heel? stuck is funny.

Wediznutt
12-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I was playing my GBA DMC game and i didn't tell Ruby what I was playing ... she looked at the screen and said 'It's Jack!" She even recognized Jack as a tiny game sprite.

The Jack Sparrow feature on the dvd gives some interesting insights to the background and the actual costlume pieces...

the blooper where Natalie (Tia) gets her heel? stuck is funny.

I think it was her dress! Sounds like the same clip that was up on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. Did it have Captain Jack Sparrow getting a dreadlock stuck on his Jar Of Dirt? How about Captain Jack asking Will to do strange things to his dog, Tim? Those were HILARIOUS! Only wish the bloopers reel was much longer!

piratelife4me
12-06-2006, 01:21 PM
I love the bloopers. At yes it was her dress because Orlando helped get her dress unstuck. I watch the DVD with my family, they thought I was annoying when i kept talking about behind the scene facts. Later I was practicing her movements.

Moon Prince
12-06-2006, 03:22 PM
yes, the same... the UK release came out a week ago... so it was probably from that?

I do wish the bloopers were longer... and I was disappointed as the box insert shows a pic of Keira on the ground (from her 'faint') laughing yet that wasn't in the clips...

I was disppointed that there is only one audio commentary... the writers.. There are no deleted scenes. The writers talk about several filmed scenes that would have been interesting.

and listening to that? I think that Will and Elizabeth are going to end up together .. :bigcry: I've wanted Elizabeth with Jack from the beginning... Only good writing and storytelling will satisfy me now.

Anybody else hear about how the primary actors had no clue that Geoffrey Rush would be coming down the stairs, the scripts they received said it would be AnaMaria, so the surprised reactions we see are their actual gasps of surprise? This was not mentioned in the commentary

piratelife4me
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Those are cool facts. I also hate that the bloopers were so short and there was not any delected scenes.

Wediznutt
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I just want my DVD!!!! That is the last time I pre-order from Circuit City over the Internet just to get a free mini jar of dirt!!!! 4-10 days delivery time and it has been 5 now! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Where is that monkey!? I need to shoot something!!!

NeonHurricane
12-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Here's something I made that I'm sure you pirate fans will like.

Click Here (Or Right Click to Save) (http://www.filelodge.com/files/room52/1507083/IveGot%20JarOfDirt-CaptNeonRemix.mp3)

I am not responsible for any self injury.

;)

And back to the topic of cosplay, right now I'm looking around ebay for the sailor's palm, though I may wind up making it by me onesie.

EDIT:

I'm getting ready so take some screens from the bonus disc (jack head to toe) so if there are any requets...

piratelife4me
12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
That is funny. Good job.

piratelife4me
12-07-2006, 11:58 AM
New Pics.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/4-1.jpg

Moon Prince
12-07-2006, 07:28 PM
awesome...

I am now getting mixed feelings and jitters about the 3rd film... heh

gelflinggal
12-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Here's something I made that I'm sure you pirate fans will like.

Click Here (Or Right Click to Save) (http://www.filelodge.com/files/room52/1507083/IveGot%20JarOfDirt-CaptNeonRemix.mp3)

I am not responsible for any self injury.

;)

And back to the topic of cosplay, right now I'm looking around ebay for the sailor's palm, though I may wind up making it by me onesie.

EDIT:

I'm getting ready so take some screens from the bonus disc (jack head to toe) so if there are any requets...

*snicker* *chuckle* *LOL* *guffaw* *snort*

*composes self*

thank you that was amusing :bigtu:

Wediznutt
12-11-2006, 02:54 PM
I have added some new pics in my gallery. Some minor upgrades to the costume in beard braids and kuchii dangle plus some items to the wig. First cosplay at sea...32nd Annual Dana Point Christmas Parade of Lights in Dana Point, California! Onboard the sailing vessel Relentless. This years theme is of course Yo Ho Ho Ho Christmas!

Toji_Chiba
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
*snicker* *chuckle* *LOL* *guffaw* *snort*

*composes self*

thank you that was amusing :bigtu:

Oh yeah i sign that

you really made my day... its so weird...and so funny... its just perfect

gelflinggal
12-11-2006, 05:42 PM
New Pics.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/4-1.jpg

This is where I would KILL to have an embroidery machine!
just to make that costume....

piratelife4me
12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
That costume looks so hard to make. I could probally finish that in two years. Not enough time. Besides I am still struggling to finish Tia before P&P night. I finally got my bonning for the bodice. I just need more time and motivation.

Sorry I have to say this. I think I failed Algebra. I hate this subject. The exam was so hard. I just finish taking it.:bigcry:

gelflinggal
12-12-2006, 10:55 AM
That costume looks so hard to make. I could probally finish that in two years. Not enough time. Besides I am still struggling to finish Tia before P&P night. I finally got my bonning for the bodice. I just need more time and motivation.

Sorry I have to say this. I think I failed Algebra. I hate this subject. The exam was so hard. I just finish taking it.:bigcry:

I'm probably not going to help you saying this but math DOES stink!! don't fret...there are ways to make up for it you'll be fine....

motivation...ok motivation....think how cool it will be to where your Tia D costume and people going "WOW!! Tia!! I want a pic!!"...always think of the possible reactions you'll get...that is usally good enough motivation for me....

yup two years at least without an embroidery machine..lol...I swear I'll go down to my local Husqvarna shop and ask them to do it for me!!
:angel:

Wediznutt
12-12-2006, 12:06 PM

But math IS important. Let's put it into perspective! How else will you know how to measure the angles and curves on your Tia Dalma costume or any other costume? How will you be able to tell how much square yardage of material you will need to sew Tia's skirt, blouse, bodice? How else will you know how to measure the length and width of Tia's belt? How to make the netting material and add the correct number of shells? How to look at a picture of Tia Dalma and use ratios to get the correct height, width, and depth of her trinkets?

Math is good! Put your mind to it and great things will happen! Take a look at your costumes and see what great things you have already done!

Nuff said! Back to your regularly scheduled Pirates Of The Caribbean cosplay discussions!:snoring:

stefunierocks
12-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Blaaah

I wont be at P&P on the 26th. I compltley forgot Flute Convention is that weekend. (I'm a teacher and I take my students to that every year)

I now have to sell my tickets. So if you know of anyone whos looking to purchase 2 tix for the 26th of Jan. Let me know.

piratelife4me
12-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I played Flute for 4 years in Marching Band. Not to brag: My high school marching band won states comp. twice. Flutes Rock. I bought mine at a anqiue store for 10 bucks.

Maybe you could now go on the 29th with me.

And thanks guys for your support. I usually not using Algebra for my major Hotel Management.

Wediznutt
12-12-2006, 08:49 PM
And thanks guys for your support. I usually not using Algebra for my major Hotel Management.

Hmmm!? You are now the district manager for the Four Seasons Hotel in Anywhere, USA. You receive a call from Johnny Depp's agent asking for a conference room space for POTC 3 movie promotion paid for by Disney. The agent asks you for square footage of your conference rooms, the angle of elevation for the highest wall to set up a projection screen to promo the movie, and would like the calculations for said elevation! They also want to know what is the approximate ratio of square footage to the number of people that will be attending the promotion. The entire POTC 3 cast will be attending!!!

What do you do!? Agent needs an answer now or he/she is going to the Biltmore Hotel across town! Your career, your degree, your life is on the line! And your opportunity to see Mr. Depp and cast! Think back to algebra! Ratios, fractions, a2 + b2 = c2 (sorry I cannot superscript the twos).:eek:

Moon Prince
12-13-2006, 07:00 AM
I barely passed Algebra and faliled Calulus three times! that was it for computre science for me.. I changed my major to English Lit.

NeonHurricane
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Hate to play moderator here, but we're getting even more off topic than usual... which is sort of scary for our record. :P

Right now I'm looking through the props forum and other prop websites. I may in fact make my own Jack Sparrow sword using... wood. I'm almost groaning at myself due to that little detail but.. hey.. you gotta use what you gotta use even if Commodore Norrington says otherwise. ;)

piratelife4me
12-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks a lot. If that happens I would what ever it takes to get them at my hotel.
It is taking longer than I expected to get pictures of my coat.

Moon Prince
12-14-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm going to remake my boots. taking advantage of a 'double discount' coupon for team members. ^_^ %30 off my entire purchase. I need to pick up a few other things for my costume making as well..

Darn. Too bad I don't have more of the clothes done...well any of the clothes done. I'm heading to Solvang this weekend, and Guadelupe [sp?] Bay is only a half hour from there. It's one of the places they were fliming POTC 3.

piratelife4me
12-14-2006, 11:12 AM
okay I am ready to order my dreadlocks extentions. But I cannot find the site of where to buy them.

If I do not get them now, it would to late to recieve them before P&P. HELP!! Please no Europian websites.

gelflinggal
12-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Is this the place you're looking for??

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/index.html

piratelife4me
12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Thank you, thank you that's it!!

gelflinggal
12-14-2006, 03:50 PM

you're welcome! let us know how that goes with them...I'm thinking of purchasing stuff through them for a costume of mine as well...

Wediznutt
12-14-2006, 04:38 PM

If time is not an issue it is cheaper to make them yourself. Scroll back through the threads and you should be able to find my brief yet concise How To Make Dreadlocks guide.

But if your in a hurry I guess that Dr. Dreads is OK. Someone in the past pointed out that they tend to make them too skinny. Just a note!!!

Moon Prince
12-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I bookmarked the post you made, Wediznutt.

Dread tutorial. http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=1631091&postcount=901

The Commodore
12-14-2006, 09:46 PM
If anyone cosplays Scruffy Norrington, I will love them forever. <3

gelflinggal
12-14-2006, 10:18 PM
If anyone cosplays Scruffy Norrington, I will love them forever. <3

You know I've been thinking the same thing...Norrington doesn't get enough love....a man in 18th century uniform....mmmm.....

though I'd have to say the embroidery involved in just one of those would make someone go blind....I know I know it wouldn't be done by hand...right?

:toothy:

kalajessta
12-14-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm cosplaying Will Turner for Anime North. Only reason why: Pirate 3 opening weekend xD;

Moon Prince
12-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Accents. I made this observation while watching parts of "The Jacket" starring Adrian Brody and Keira Knightley. In this film Leira speaks with an American accent.

If you don't have a deep voice or speak with a British accent already? It's going to be hard to lower your voice and speak with a British accent. When you speak with the British accent your voice is higher. Keira's voice is so much lower when she speaks with an American accent... as are actors with simular native accents ,Kevin Smith "Ares" and Lucy Lawless "Xena" , for instance both of them sound really nasally when they speak with their native kiwi accent as opposed to an American one.

Johnny has a very deep voice. His Jack voice is slightly higher, but then he is good at voices as well.

piratelife4me
12-15-2006, 07:50 PM
I have way to much stuff to do, so I won't be able to make them. I hate wigs so I am going to have fun making my hair really crazy. I am just adding Dreads here and there in different layers.
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc2/jack_will_tia.jpg
I am sooo trying to finish any part of the dress, so I could show you. But I promise it will be done soon.

djsequence
12-16-2006, 02:41 PM
This is where I would KILL to have an embroidery machine! just to make that costume....
I seriously want to make that costume for the premiere! The only thing stopping me is that I don't want to spoil it for people at the theatre
TT_TT
So I'm going to play it stupid and just wait till CN Anime 07... if I get it done by then.

gelflinggal
12-16-2006, 10:14 PM
I seriously want to make that costume for the premiere! The only thing stopping me is that I don't want to spoil it for people at the theatre
TT_TT
So I'm going to play it stupid and just wait till CN Anime 07... if I get it done by then.

See your too nice... I'd do it anyways :D

Ally D
12-17-2006, 04:02 AM
lol i say do it anyways as well lol

sparrowfan
12-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Disneyland's Jack Sparrow,
you guys might like this

http://www.disneycastmagic.com/galleries/2006-09-24-britt/

Wediznutt
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Disneyland's Jack Sparrow,
you guys might like this

http://www.disneycastmagic.com/galleries/2006-09-24-britt/

Nice pictures but I have some critiques! I figure Disney can do a much better job with CJS character and costume. Some non Disney cosplayers do a MUCH better job and they don't have any association with Disney!

Don't get me wrong! I think some of the CJS characterizations are excellent but some need improvement!

1. Some dreadlocks look too thick and look more like tails.

2. No ponytail in back. Bandana knot should be to the right of the ponytail.

3. Is it just me or is that Jack wearing fingernail polish?

4. Not dirty enough his arms. Also didn't see a tattoo or pirate "P".

5. Clothes are TOO clean! Sash needs to be weathered, shirt needs to be soaked in tea and made to look old. Waistcoat needs to be faded.

6. Wearing COTBP baldric with rings from DMC. Need some continuity. Either not wear the rings or throw on the second belt, trinkets, and correct baldric and buckle.

7. Missing buttons on waistcoat.

8. Facial hair SHOULD be allowed by these face character CMs because they really need to play the part. The fake facial hair really distracts from the reality of the character.

9. Beard braids are the same length.

Not that I am the greatest characterization of CJS but I still think Disney could have done a much better job.

NeonHurricane
12-19-2006, 12:24 AM
You should see what these guys look like out of the makeup. It's almost disturbing what they do to these people. For one all the facial hair is fake (of course, its Disney), their tans are fake... In Florida because he's usually farther away from people they usually paint in cheekbone highlights.

It's pretty crazy. Its to the point that if I were to ever to get the part of playing Jack Sparrow in the parks (which I would kill for, I might add), nobody would possibly recognize me lol. And I don't mean this in a bad way, its actually quite cool the transformation.

But I am sorta surprised on how... un-Jack like al lot (not all) of those poses were. I mean, the poses were there... but there was just something wrong. Like if the guy wasn't into it (actually he sorta creeped me out). Maybe I'm just picky or something. Again, I'm not some sort of Jack Sparrow expert or something.

I think there are a couple of issues with the costume that are there for certain reasons. I heard there were bunches of tests before the debut, meaning that some things that are inaccurate might be there due for certain reasons. For instance, maybe weathering the costume may make people less prone to approach, there may be less trinkets because they don't want kids yanking them off etc.

Although of course, there are some things they have no excuse for... the wig... YIKES! And the vest is weird looking. In general it appears more stagey rather than for upclose viewing, which shouldn't be the case at all considering he's there to interact with people lol.

But of course, I too am far from being the greatest Jack out there.

Yet again, another bible sized post from Neon!

Moon Prince
12-19-2006, 03:33 AM
I agree about the facial hair, but it's park policy. no facial hair. even the cowboys can't have any stubble.

The Disney Jack at El Capitan that I saw (that I dubbed 'fake jack' because it was the day after I saw Johnny as Jack) looked better than the park Jack.

BTW, face character auditions at Disneyland are Jan 27.

And Johnny has a make up tan too. lol

NeonHurricane
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
And Johnny has a make up tan too. lol

But he has nothing on these guys... these dudes are wwhhiiittttee. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just funny to think about. :P

Moon Prince
12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
that is true... I should ask my friend bo to ask one of his co-workers about her friend Brandon. He's a Jack at D-land. LOL

I'm going to Disneyland on Saturday.

piratelife4me
12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
My final grade in Algebra is a "C".
Okay I had to say that to b/c I thought I failed.

Anywho going to Epcot or Magic Kingdom tomorrow to see the x-mas lights. I might just buy the Tia Dalma necklace.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Sonsko-chan
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm going to Disneyland on Saturday.
I'm going to DL the day after Christmas. :D

NeonHurricane
12-20-2006, 04:57 PM
lol, it seems everybody is going to theme parks. I'm just about to set out to go to MGM to see their lights (and go to downtown disney too) lol.

Us pirates are so predictable! j/k

Moon Prince
12-21-2006, 03:30 AM
*snicker* I may wear my bandana... I lurve that thing. I got it wet in Gaudalupe Bay... It was just too cold, so I couldn't soak it like I wanted to. I took some pics but I don't know if the area will be recognizable when I see the movie.

I wonder if there will be any Jack stuffs?

pinkusakurachan
12-21-2006, 05:16 PM
i need help

piratelife4me
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
With???

This bodice is hard to make then I thought it would be.

I went to Barnes n Nobles and saw a Pirate Magazine. It is amazing, go get it.