PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Of The Carribbean Cosplay

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Wediznutt
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
And thats not counting the comissions ive picked up along the way or halloween, and for random people on the internet. And ebay. Right now im up to me arms in pajama pants. (interested, anyone? lol) Anyway, thats my commission. And i must say im THRILLED and proud of myself!

- Such as.................

Singapore Undead Monkey?
Snow White?

CONGRATS! Iguanas will be running around with clothes on due to a Captain Jack Sparrow frock coat! Excellent! The iguana community will be pleased that you are clothing them and covering their nether regions!:crylaugh:

stefunierocks
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
- Such as.................

Singapore Undead Monkey?
Snow White?

CONGRATS! Iguanas will be running around with clothes on due to a Captain Jack Sparrow frock coat! Excellent! The iguana community will be pleased that you are clothing them and covering their nether regions!:crylaugh:

I kept watching that undead monkey!! and thinking of you!!!
I need Calvins size!! I think I found perfect fabric!

And i havent heard from your friend yet.... halloween is fast approaching!

and thanks for making me lol. :crylaugh:

Dragonmun
05-30-2007, 01:14 PM
*backtracks a little*

Learn sign language...
j/k

Hehe... I really should learn sign language anyways. would make certain things in life easier. X'D

:crylaugh:

I hear steroid shots can take care of that girly voice!!!!!:crylaugh:

<runs away quickly!>

High voice isn't too bad! Remember the final Pirate Lord that spoke in the movie? Funny!

I'll show you shots. Grrr... ;p

That's probably about the effect I have with some people to, but man... that guy was awesome. X'D

Its taken a while, but I'm surrounded by others doing the same, so it helps. I also had to figure out something because I've done kids parties and stuff.

Perhaps I should team up with my friend Steph (http://members.cosplay.com/member/28290/) with her voice acting practice thing. I could see how having other people around would help (you don't sound like you do in your head X'D).

I did, actually encounter my first mean person while in costume, and I admit, I was really down about it. This guy was flat out rude to me. And I defended myself well, but there was just no excuse.

Awww... that sucks. I run into those people at conventions all the time and well, the only advice I can say is to ignore them.

Congratulations on the costuming gig. That world of work is a lot of fun, I'd by lying if I didn't say that I missed it.

Wediznutt
05-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Dragonmun said, "I'll show you shots. Grrr... ;p"

Do you think it wise to cross blades with a pirate, boy....er....girl....ummm...snip snip eunuchie?

stefunierocks
05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Something I think people are missing...

***SPOILER WARNING***

*highlight to read*

Re: wills fate.

A green flash signifies when a soul has come back to earth. We saw 2 in this movie.

Calypso and Davy and were lovers. Calypso assigned Davy the job of transporting souls who were lost at sea to the underworld. He would have the job for 10 years, and then he would be able to come back to shore, assuming that Calypso had been faithful all those years, and came to wait for him after the 10 years. Davy did his job, and he came to shore, to find it empty. Enraged at the pain he felt, because he had to continue to do the job, instead of living a normal life, he cut out his broken heart, locked it away in a chest and hid the chest on an Island. He then abandoned the job she gave him, and started picking up sailors on the verge of death to serve 100 years on his crew. Only, they become a part of the ship and never get to leave. In doing this, he became a 'monster' and grew to be 'the sea' (as did his ship and crew), and be feared. In conjunction, he told the 1st breathern court how to bind calypso into human form, betraying her, as she had betrayed him.

When jack stabbed the heart of Davy using Wills hand, will became captain of the flying dutchman and lived under the same curse. Crew the flying dutchmanfor 10 years, and be allowed one day to land, to see your love. If your love has remained faithful and is there waiting, the curse is broken and you are mortal again and can lead a normal life.

This is proven by the end seen after the credits. The flash of green light is seen on Elizabeths face, and in comes Will. Signifing a soul coming back to earth.

I know i know... lol

Kiwi54
05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Well the mid night showing was awesome, also strenous beforehand (is that how you spell strenous?) Well superwoman wannabe me, agreed to make 2 other costumes for 2 of my friend for the midnight show. One of my friend just wanted to be a generic pirate and my other wanted to be pirate lizzy swann. So I was sewing almost until 8:00 that night (which actually started at 9 somethingish) anyways When I got to the theatre it was really awesome. The funniest thing happened was when I was when I was walking arm and arm with my friend into the theatre and we were walking down the dark corridor, some guy about 15 was looking down talking on his cell phone and when he looked up me and my friend we walking toward him to get to the theatre, i think he didn't know who I was supposed stop be and he just stopped in his tracks and had this look on his face like he had just seen a ghost! But it was after the movie when everyone started recognizing me. Some one even gave me a Borat thumbs up. lol! I broke character a few times cuz my friend kept making me laugh (curse him! lol) After that I took pics with some of the other pirates and when home. I was exhausted on borderline delirious, but i was happy.
New pics coming soon of my Completed Tia costume, Tia Dalma in Singapore (almost done with that), Tia Dalma at the frozen ice caps, and Calypso Fury(highlight to see "spoiler"). Should have them done by "de end orve de week!"

NeonHurricane
05-30-2007, 02:44 PM
I talked to my brother today about Pirates again (He was at PI on Thursday as welll), and he claimed that he saw a guy dressed up as Tia Dalma!? O.o

Boy am I glad I didn't have to see that!

Tenucha
05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
There were a few times I thought maybe I could pull off Will Turner during the thirs film.
DOnt know if I ever would haha.
There have been several times when people have told me I look like him or something.... which I actually dont really see o_0

gelflinggal
05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I want to!!! lol im too tall though. 5'11" Love his costumes!
hmm well I met a sculptor a few weeks ago who said he might have some work for me (thanks craigslist!). And once I met him he loved me, (hes married, in a costuming sense) and wanted to meet his boss, and the creator of these projects.

My first project is a 14 ft lizard. lol. It needs a quilted slip cover, its complicated, and along with that and a few other projects, not to mention endless projects after that... right now it should be worth about $10,000 till the end of the year. And thats not counting the comissions ive picked up along the way or halloween, and for random people on the internet. And ebay. Right now im up to me arms in pajama pants. (interested, anyone? lol) Anyway, thats my commission. And i must say im THRILLED and proud of myself!

LOL I feel your pain...I'm too tall too 5'11 as well and well just don't have the 5 o'clock shadow going for me either lol...

you are soo incredibly lucky! I can't find anything out here and I'm in California...selling?? oh yeah I've tried that too for somereason the gods do not like me...congratulations girl you've got a support team on the west coast :bigtu:

oh! my heavy leather finally arrived yesterday!! whoo hoo! I can now make my kidney belt and bracers *does happy dance*

Justawench
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
is that how you spell strenous

Strenuous. Not pronounced "egregious." ;)

NeonHurricane
05-30-2007, 05:12 PM
There were a few times I thought maybe I could pull off Will Turner during the thirs film.
There have been several times when people have told me I look like him or something.... which I actually dont really see o_0

I think you'd make a great whel-... Will! I mean, think of it this way... I don't exactly look like Johnny Depp that much but that didn't stop me from making a Captain Jack Sparrow costume. And besides, I found out when I wear the costume with the makeup and everything it turns out the I do have quite the resemblance (in person... photos make me look weirder for some reason).

By the way, is there any tricks to keeping boots up? No matter how tight I have the straps (I've even tried it to the point of losing my circulation lol), they always seem to slide down while walking. I always wind up looking like 70s Jack... like.. bell bottomed. lol

Pirate Reine
05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Selling Jack Sparrow items
I have a thread in the Spam Forum on
some pieces of the Jack Sparrow cosplay I'm selling.
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1907179#post1907179

Wediznutt
05-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I was told by a fellow CJS cosplayer that I should rename my Shrunken Head Ned folder in My Gallery! It is now called Shrunken Head Ned aka Mom Sparrow!

Star of the Sea
05-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Wow, lord knows why I've never posted in here before! Well, I'm one of those crazy Rum Partiers. I'm actually posting the first thing that comes to mind which is does anyone know who the Chinese Armor Elizabeth was at the El Capitan during the marathon and the midnight? I've been trying to find her because there's a picture of her, myself, and a few of my fellow crewmen in the newspaper!! (LA Times, today, business)

yay! that be me. : ) thanks for the scan. my parents found it and cut it out for me and i was really hoping that i would be able to track my wills down. : ) i haven't really posted anything here, but my brother does a lot of anime things here. his s/n is panchira and he's really into bleach. i did and am doing more of his costumes... http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=43222he makes really awesome wood and resin swords and he's going to make me lizzie's and sao feng's swords hopefully for comicon. he also did the hardware for my elizabeth costume. at least all of the hard work! ; ) you guys looked really great. i've got to see more of your leather jacket. i was thinking of making myself a red one just to wear.....

sparrowfan
05-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Ned Flanders!!!

Sonsko-chan
05-30-2007, 11:46 PM
I wanna be someone cool! -waves hand in air- Who can I be?

Justawench
05-30-2007, 11:51 PM
By the way, is there any tricks to keeping boots up? No matter how tight I have the straps (I've even tried it to the point of losing my circulation lol), they always seem to slide down while walking. I always wind up looking like 70s Jack... like.. bell bottomed. lol

What kind of straps? DH's boots come easily to the knee, so he just ties something at the top, under the bucket cuff, like a garter. Of course, his buckets are just a single layer of pigskin - yours might be heavier.

PS - are we allowed to advertise here?

gelflinggal
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
we're only allowed to "advertise" on the spam board...

hmm sonsko-chan....hmmm....someone cool....who do you like? or rather what costume "calls to you"...lol...I'm serious though...which costume do you just adore and have to have?

Sonsko-chan
05-31-2007, 01:13 AM
GElfing; I'd say Pirate!King Lizzie, but there's no way I'd ever be able to make that. Dx Nearly everyone calls to me. I love Pirates. Almost with every fiber of my being. Except, y'know, some have to be there for my other fandoms. And unfortunately, real life. Dx

gelflinggal
05-31-2007, 01:22 AM
GElfing; I'd say Pirate!King Lizzie, but there's no way I'd ever be able to make that. Dx Nearly everyone calls to me. I love Pirates. Almost with every fiber of my being. Except, y'know, some have to be there for my other fandoms. And unfortunately, real life. Dx

*chuckles* yeah real life does have a tendency to get in the way :)

never say never...I'm making the costume with about a million other individuals out there as well (ok not a MILLION but ALOT) and I'm wishing I had chosen to make the Chinese Princess costume (think of all the jokes that could be made with the "hat") but I seriously lack $150,000 to make it "right" lol...
just get creative and use whatever you can to make the costume at least "look" like the original...and have fun which is the main goal...I think everyone here can vouch for that....:toothy:

like I was sharing with Stefunierocks earlier today Lord Cutler Beckett would be a lot of fun to crossplay but *trying to contain laughter* I'm about uhhh...6-7 inches taller than the man himself...

ahh but there is good news an individual over at POTCcostuming yahoo groups is actually going to dress as the man *yay!*

lol *sigh*

Sonsko-chan
05-31-2007, 01:25 AM
How tall is Beckett?

I may have my mom help me with Pirate!Lizzie from DMC. I doubt I could, like, ever make a Pirate!King Liz that would make me happy.

gelflinggal
05-31-2007, 01:30 AM
How tall is Beckett?

I may have my mom help me with Pirate!Lizzie from DMC. I doubt I could, like, ever make a Pirate!King Liz that would make me happy.

Beckett is 5'5" tall...actor's name is Tom Hollander...he's done a lot of filmwork.....

make sure to go out and buy one of the action figures...they're pretty accurate and give you some ideas...that and you can play with them...act out little scenes...*thinks of Spaceballs and Big Helmet* nah that's just wrong... but cool to have up on a shelf :)

use the search button for this thread for Pirate Disguise Lizzy and all sorts of info will come up...also go here:

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc2_pirate.shtml

tons of info on that as well as many other costumes...:bigtu:

Sonsko-chan
05-31-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm only 3" too tall. But I'd rock at it, due to my eyes. :D -must add to later plans-

The action figures for AWE for Lizzie seemed to be off. I made fun of them in KB Toys last weekend.

But thank you! :D -wants to be Lizzzz- -only sometimes...-

gelflinggal
05-31-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm only 3" too tall. But I'd rock at it, due to my eyes. :D -must add to later plans-

The action figures for AWE for Lizzie seemed to be off. I made fun of them in KB Toys last weekend.

But thank you! :D -wants to be Lizzzz- -only sometimes...-

Are you sure you're only 3" tall? lol ...

it does seem a little off can't put my finger on it but I thought the colors of the costume were pretty close...

I can't stand the character Lizzy (for personal reasons) but I love the clothing they put her in...that'll diminish any dislike immediately for a character in my eyes...rockin' costume...can forgive the character for certain "flaws" lol...even the actor for that matter...

you're welcome glad to be of a little assistance:bigtu:

Sonsko-chan
05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
3" too tall xD. I'm 5'8".

It was close, but they seemed to make her Pirate!king outfit completely black and when I saw it at the theatre, it didn't seem completely black.

I love nearly everything she's worn. I want it all. Unfortunately, I've only learned to machine sew within the past three months. :/

gelflinggal
05-31-2007, 01:50 AM
3" too tall xD. I'm 5'8".

It was close, but they seemed to make her Pirate!king outfit completely black and when I saw it at the theatre, it didn't seem completely black.

I love nearly everything she's worn. I want it all. Unfortunately, I've only learned to machine sew within the past three months. :/

OOOHHHH! ok...duh me lol

well I've said it before and I'll say it again...what you see on the screen is what they intended for you to see...a black costume....however colors read differently on film (yes even though it is digital) so they have to play around with the material to get the end effect....then again I could just be biased here because that particular costume looks awesome "all black"

hey at least you're learning....sewing whether handsewn or machine seems to be a dying art...its no longer out of convenience or to save money that we sew (well again costuming is a different story) its more for self expression and to wear what we want to wear when the market doesn't satisfy that need...

so good for you keep going and in no time at all you'll be a pro...because even experienced sewers are learning new "tricks" all the time :toothy:

Sonsko-chan
05-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I've got my mom and grandma both expert sewers, so I've learned a lot. Besides, I'm still quite young, to be learning at the age I'm at is pretty cool.

Yeah, it does look AWEsome all black. [xD Sorry, couldn't help it]. Maybe my eyes played tricks on me. It looked like it had more colour onscreen though. :]

gelflinggal
05-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I've got my mom and grandma both expert sewers, so I've learned a lot. Besides, I'm still quite young, to be learning at the age I'm at is pretty cool.

Yeah, it does look AWEsome all black. [xD Sorry, couldn't help it]. Maybe my eyes played tricks on me. It looked like it had more colour onscreen though. :]

that's really cool...all the people that were going to teach me once I reached a certain age died...lol...i know sick but true...had to teach myself when I was 19 years old...long story I'll spare everyone...

well I still have to see the movie yet...I'm going by reference pictures...:toothy:

Wediznutt
05-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Sonsko-chan,

Just looking through your pics you could probably pull off Ana Maria! I haven't seen anyone around the west coast cosplaying her character. Pretty simple and straight forward costume.

I want to see some peole doing Raghetti or Pintel! I have the POTC Complete Movie Visual Guide and told my wifey I was thinking of doing a Pintel costume! I am 5'11'' but far from being as skinny as MacKenzie Cooke (actor that plays him). Not to mention I would have to find a contact lens to resemble "me eye!":crylaugh:

gelflinggal
05-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Sonsko-chan,

Just looking through your pics you could probably pull off Ana Maria! I haven't seen anyone around the west coast cosplaying her character. Pretty simple and straight forward costume.

I want to see some peole doing Raghetti or Pintel! I have the POTC Complete Movie Visual Guide and told my wifey I was thinking of doing a Pintel costume! I am 5'11'' but far from being as skinny as MacKenzie Cooke (actor that plays him). Not to mention I would have to find a contact lens to resemble "me eye!":crylaugh:

You know that is an excellent suggestion Wediznutt...I was hoping to see some Pintel and Ragetti cosplayers as well...how much fun to get really really grungy and disgusting...

egads a full sclera contact lens...ouch!

Limeyaku
05-31-2007, 01:57 PM
i uploaded some pictures in my gallery! :) go see go see

Dragonmun
05-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Something I think people are missing...

***SPOILER WARNING***

*highlight to read*

*also highlight to read*

Will's curse being lifted works out well as a nod back to the opera of the Flying Dutchmen (In which yeah... the curse was lifted, but they were dead both and could go to heaven) and is what we all wish for him, but you have to admit that it leaves a decent-sized plot hole in the Disney Pirates universe.

I mean, you've got everyone saying that the "ship has a function" and that "it needs a captain" to help ferry those that died at sea... which well, seems like a pretty necessary thing since the souls started stacking up in the water due to Jone's neglect.

The only thing that I can think of is that perhaps Calypso took over the soul ferrying thing being the "godess of the sea" (she's actually a naiad), but that wouldn't make sense because she theoretically could have taken over when Davey died and well... Will would be a goner because the bond would have been broken by then.

The only thing that makes sense with the curse being lifted is that Will could still visit land whenever the hell he wants, but he would still have his duties to take care of and thus couldn't be home all the time (kind of like commercial fisherman)... that or he got some other sucker to do it (but how would he have passed the torch on if heart-stabbing was the way to do it?).

Heh.. guess they do have to make another movie to explain all this. X'D

Dragonmun said, "I'll show you shots. Grrr... ;p"

Do you think it wise to cross blades with a pirate, boy....er....girl....ummm...snip snip eunuchie?

Oh dammit. That's right. You're a Jack Sparrow. You've automatically inherited that thing where I couldn't shoot you. But, if we go along character-inherited merits and flaws, then I could definitely take you on in a sword fight. X'D

Outside of costume, I'll be honest. I probably couldn't win in a sword-fight that isn't choreographed in my favor. I do have a itty-bitty bit of experience with fencing, but that didn't go very far because my teacher ended up being arrested for something and the classes where canceled a short time after me and my friends signed up.
>_<

Wediznutt
05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes and said movie would be called Pirates of the Caribbean - Quest for the Fountain of Youth!

Highlight to read....color is white due possible spoilers!! If you haven't seen the movie by now....Get Ye To A Theater!

I still think that Will Turner can pass on the duties and responsibilities as captain of the Flying Dutchman to William "Bootstrap" Turner. He stated in DMC that his life was always the sea and pirating. This way Will could return to land permanently, his dad is no longer cursed, his dad will be the new captain of the Flying Dutchman and keep transporting the dead to the beyond, and still set foot on land to see his son, grandson, and never aging daughter-in-law!

Of course now we now somehow need to weave in Captain Jack Sparrow into this storyline! And that fountain.....!

Wediznutt
05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh dammit. That's right. You're a Jack Sparrow. You've automatically inherited that thing where I couldn't shoot you. But, if we go along character-inherited merits and flaws, then I could definitely take you on in a sword fight. X'D

Only if you follow the rules of engagement!:crylaugh:

Me? NO! Pirate!

Dragonmun get ye over to keeptothecode.com and register....a bunch of people are discussing ye Will Turner get up and complimenting it! You will find said threads under So Ye Want To Be A Pirate!:chatah:

Dragonmun
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Only if you follow the rules of engagement!:crylaugh:

Me? NO! Pirate!

Dragonmun get ye over to keeptothecode.com and register....a bunch of people are discussing ye Will Turner get up and complimenting it! You will find said threads under So Ye Want To Be A Pirate!:chatah:

Really? O.o

I should register there.... I just haven't yet... for some reason...
hmm.

Guess that falls under the fact that I'm weary about signing up for sites that I can't view at work ("entertainment" isn't allowed >_>). With this site I at least get the thread posts in my email. x'D

Anywho. I'm on my way over there now. :D

EDIT:

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I broke the site! O_O

Edit Again:

Okay It's back. Nobody tell Spazz. She'll just start calling me Mr. Anderson again. >_>

Kiwi54
05-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Strenuous. Not pronounced "egregious." ;)

Delayed reaction but:
lol!

Dragonmun
05-31-2007, 03:59 PM

You know, I couldn't get past you being like the only Amarant I've ever seen (and a great one at that), that like nothing else came to mind, but after taking a moment to seriously look at some of your Spike pictures... yeah...I think you would make one totally kick ass Will.
O_______O

Wediznutt
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Anywho. I'm on my way over there now. :D
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I broke the site! O_O

Don't worry the site breaks down often...it happens to the best of us especially after I post one of my mega-long pirating reports with pics!

Like cosplay.com you can subscribe to particular threads in each forum!

kimmiko
05-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I was just browsing around the internet and was curious if anyone knew where I could find a costume and/or ways to make, and EITC outfit (like James Norrington's in AWE)..?

Sonsko-chan
05-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Gelfing; get ye to a theatre!!!

Sweet Kat; Aw man. Anamaria is so cool! I'm too pale for her though. I don't tan or anything. Just freckles. And occasionally a sunburn.

Tsuyosa
06-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey everybody. Haven't posted in a while but have def. kept up with the thread.

You have all done awesome work and shown truly incredible dedication!

After seeing "At Worlds' End", i've decided to....
a: finish my jack sparrah' costume, and.....
b: Begin work on a Will Turner costume (after being named Captain of the Dutchman). I find that Will is probably going to be much easier for me to pull off (with my facial structure), and more natural. I also actually like Will's character much more now in the last movie (for some reason?)

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this thread, but in the meantime I'm trying to find good reference pictures of Will in AWE: AFTER the Maelstrom. So any help there will be HUGELY appreciated :) :)

Keep up the great work yall

Wediznutt
06-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Tsuyosa! Anyone that is brave enough to run around in leather underwear (300 reference) has my full support to be William Turner!

Tsuyosa
06-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Tsuyosa! Anyone that is brave enough to run around in leather underwear (300 reference) has my full support to be William Turner!

lol,.... i didn't realize that qualified me for anything more than a straight jacket XD

GabrielDarkhawk
06-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone have advice for getting the patterns on Pirate King Elizabeth's outfit? Has anyone been lucky enough to find a patterned fabric that's close or am I looking at an ungodly amount of machine embroidery? ^^;;; (is tempted by the awesome outfit) ^^;;

Any other POTC cosplay suggestions are welcome as well. ^_^

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone have advice for getting the patterns on Pirate King Elizabeth's outfit? Has anyone been lucky enough to find a patterned fabric that's close or am I looking at an ungodly amount of machine embroidery? ^^;;; (is tempted by the awesome outfit) ^^;;

Any other POTC cosplay suggestions are welcome as well. ^_^

simplicity pattern 3772 for the pants and hat (which you'll need to modify)...I also used the pattern for the jacket but have modified that as well (LOTS actually)...uhm nope no patterned material out there ...yet....you'll need to either embroider/paint/forgot the word *sigh*....

ugh too late no brains..."search this thread" fetaure is a godsend at times like this :toothy:

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Gelfing; get ye to a theatre!!!

Sweet Kat; Aw man. Anamaria is so cool! I'm too pale for her though. I don't tan or anything. Just freckles. And occasionally a sunburn.

I'M TRYING!!!

*collects herself*

wifely/motherly duties come first...being selfish making a costume as it is...:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Scurvy Dog
06-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Does anyone know where one can aquire the ring jack takes from Tia Dalma's and also his Dragon Ring, I am getting tired of waiting for MR to release theirs.

Clive-kun
06-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for that pattern number heheh ^.^ I saw it on Thursday night and I decided that I'd do anything for an outfit like that...>.>

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know where one can aquire the ring jack takes from Tia Dalma's and also his Dragon Ring, I am getting tired of waiting for MR to release theirs.

I think a few have made their own rings or possibly bought them online from a seller over at ebay....I think :)

Wediznutt
06-01-2007, 01:06 PM

Scurvy Dog! All CJS left hand rings will be released in the parks soon! They are made by the same company that made the skull ring on CJS right hand. They will all have the Pirates of the Caribbean logo etched into the ring! They are looking nice!

I am hoping to stop by the park tonight to see if they have them.

Dragonmun
06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey everybody. Haven't posted in a while but have def. kept up with the thread.

You have all done awesome work and shown truly incredible dedication!

After seeing "At Worlds' End", i've decided to....
a: finish my jack sparrah' costume, and.....
b: Begin work on a Will Turner costume (after being named Captain of the Dutchman). I find that Will is probably going to be much easier for me to pull off (with my facial structure), and more natural. I also actually like Will's character much more now in the last movie (for some reason?)

... cause he grew a pair. X'D

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this thread, but in the meantime I'm trying to find good reference pictures of Will in AWE: AFTER the Maelstrom. So any help there will be HUGELY appreciated :) :)

Keep up the great work yall

You can actually get away with looking up pictures of him throughout the rest of the movie and then add a black bandanna afterwards. He didn't really get a full costume change at end. ^_^;

stefunierocks
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
my small update:

currently taking a sewing break!

Upcoming work:
Currently building a pattern for my best friends wedding dress.
in cahoots with the lizard people

bought material to line my dads CJS coat.
Must finish the button holes on Will turner waistcoat
Must add pockets for Will Turner coat
Still cant find buttons for Will Turner Coat, Have ordered 2, and theyve all been waaay too small. :(
Bought the boning and corset kit to start deconstructing and rebuilding my Tia dress.
Still searching for better fabric for the top layer of the tia dress. I think im going buy silver velvet and hand dye it.

In the planning stages of Elizabeths Chinese Princess outfit.

and thats it, aside from a few projects I still havent gotten the greenlight on

Going to WDW for the weekend! Will report on new cosplay items in the parks!

Wediznutt
06-01-2007, 01:29 PM
There's no "breaking" in sewing! Snap to Missy! Get ye butt back behind that sewing machine and WORK.....<unless the sewing machine is breaked!?>

<Flees before Calypso wreaks havoc upon my head!>

You forgot to add measurements for baldrics and what to do for the whelps baldric buckle, savvy?

stefunierocks
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
There's no "breaking" in sewing! Snap to Missy! Get ye butt back behind that sewing machine and WORK.....<unless the sewing machine is breaked!?>

<Flees before Calypso wreaks havoc upon my head!>

You forgot to add measurements for baldrics and what to do for the whelps baldric buckle, savvy?

aaaaaaalways telling me what to do eh?

Ill get measurements Asap. as far as the whelp, didnt we agree for you to find something under $50 thats suitable, and we'll paypal you the money? Easier than shipping here and there. I could be losing my mind. But thats what i thought we discussed.

And are you still wanting me to do singapore undead monkey? If you give me calvins size I can do it this week, since I have a lot of downtime right now. He's a year old right? Isnt that how they size baby stuff?

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 02:43 PM
He's a year old right? Isnt that how they size baby stuff?

yup they go by age unfortunately that doesn't always work...have him get the baby's chest measurement and length and go from there:) weight would come in handy too sometimes they go by that as well

Wediznutt
06-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Finished all the hand stitching to Captain Jack Sparrow baldric 3.0 with an ACME Brand buckle. Still thinking about redoing their paint job by adding a little bit more weathering.

All that awaits is the staining, permantent riveting, and leather pattern design.

Why is that my new Captain Jack Sparrow winter coat....I mean frock coat? Why yes it is! From Stephunierocks!!! The one that got her that multi-billion dollar iguana contract..............still waiting for my 0.0001% fee!!!:crylaugh:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0736_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0737_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0738_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0741_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0749_resize.jpg

Toji_Chiba
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Possible Spoiler ahead for those not familiar with the story of P3

Am I the only one who noticed that the cross marking the fountain of youth on the map is in Orlando, Florida? That this whole ending everyone is expecting to be the story of P4 is just a Disney In-gag?

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Possible Spoiler ahead for those not familiar with the story of P3

Am I the only one who noticed that the cross marking the fountain of youth on the map is in Orlando, Florida? That this whole ending everyone is expecting to be the story of P4 is just a Disney In-gag?

I think it was originally believed that the fountain of youth was located in what is now known as Florida...the Orlando bit would most definately be an "in gag":toothy:

Dragonmun
06-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I think it was originally believed that the fountain of youth was located in what is now known as Florida...the Orlando bit would most definately be an "in gag":toothy:

Yeah... hehe. ^_^:

Juan Ponce de Leon was the crazy explorer who determined that the fountain of youth was located in Florida for one reason or another, but yeah... the location marked on the map is in the Everglades area which is way to far south for it to be a WDW reference. I find it amusing though because well the only thing I could think of during that part was CJS + alligator = fun for all? ;p

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah... hehe. ^_^:

CJS + alligator = fun for all? ;p

:rockon: LOL

Tsuyosa
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
<_<
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1108145

:-p :-p

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 05:33 PM
<_<

Another Will?? yay!!:bigtu:

good grief if someone doesn't make a Beckett on this Board soon I'm going to have to....and yes, that's a threat! LOL

Tsuyosa
06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Actually this is rather interesting. I just did a costume search for "Will Turner" on the board and it looks like most of the people cosplaying HIM are "Shes?"

<_< Haha, I might have a corner on the market for this one XD

Dragonmun
06-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Actually this is rather interesting. I just did a costume search for "Will Turner" on the board and it looks like most of the people cosplaying HIM are "Shes?"

*is one of those "shes"*

You would make the second Male Will Turner on the internet.. or well that I know of. and I don't mind if you take over the market. It would force me to go back to working on the costumes that I need to do. X'D

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 05:54 PM

well that's always a plus for fangirls... A MAN!!! (think of Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

LOL:toothy:

which reminded me....

those of you who managed to attend at the El Capitan did any of you get a clear shot of the design on the back of Liz's PK/CB outift?? or could describe to me what it looked like?? I don't know when I'm going to see the movie and I can't stall making the costume because of it...

thank you :)

oh I know about the 2 pics over at the costumers page....but that gives a snippet of what it is...

Wediznutt
06-01-2007, 07:13 PM
<_<

OK so how is it that you just so happen to have William Turner's clothing from AWE just lying around your house? :eek: I wish I could say the same about Captain Sao Feng.....just found a rather long, silken, emerald green robe with Chinese characters on it sitting in the closet! Not really!

Although I did find part of his leather armor in one of my old tricorn pieces!

Wediznutt
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
The costume at the El Cap was up against the wall and could not see the backside of costume! Same with the SES costume. It was in a rather large glass display case so pictures were only from front and sides. The basement where the costumes were located was extremely dark so I had to use low lighting settings on my camera.

Toji_Chiba
06-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah... hehe. ^_^:

Juan Ponce de Leon was the crazy explorer who determined that the fountain of youth was located in Florida for one reason or another, but yeah... the location marked on the map is in the Everglades area which is way to far south for it to be a WDW reference. I find it amusing though because well the only thing I could think of during that part was CJS + alligator = fun for all? ;p

you sure?;_; noes.. my whole world just fall to pieces

gelflinggal
06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
The costume at the El Cap was up against the wall and could not see the backside of costume! Same with the SES costume. It was in a rather large glass display case so pictures were only from front and sides. The basement where the costumes were located was extremely dark so I had to use low lighting settings on my camera.

grrr...drats...what about the movie??? *whimper whine* how many shots? were there any?!?! *panicking* oh crap you mean I have to *gasp* be CREATIVE?!?!?!?! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *passes out*

*gets back up in a reclining position puts chin on hand* sooo on that note

OK so how is it that you just so happen to have William Turner's clothing from AWE just lying around your house? I wish I could say the same about Captain Sao Feng.....just found a rather long, silken, emerald green robe with Chinese characters on it sitting in the closet! Not really!

Although I did find part of his leather armor in one of my old tricorn pieces!

lol...yeah I happen to have many many many yards of silk laying around too....could be part of the modern day "silk road" only in America:angel2: and if anyone believes that I have waterfront property in Arizona :toothy:

KPSparrow189
06-01-2007, 11:19 PM

Well, I've never posted on here before, I have no idea what my post will look like, I'm a novice when it comes to forum posting. Normally I just enjoy reading and looking at everyones costumes. There's some great talent here.

I had to answer this one since Tia's off to WDW (StephfunieRocks) this weekend and out of touch (a touch of destiny perhaps?!?!) I'm "the mom" alias ES to my daughters Tia and my husbands CJS that you've seen pictures of (I think!)
Anyway, Wediznutt - you asked for measurements and I don't want to hold up said production of baldrics, so............
A-B is 33 in.
B-C is 15 in.
C-D is 21 in.
and I'm right-handed.

I'm up for feedback and comments if this post looks funny. I need all the help I can get!
As for the whelps buckle, if you've got access to one, I'll take it. Just let me know what I owe you. Do we have an accord?

stefunierocks
06-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Well, I've never posted on here before, I have no idea what my post will look like, I'm a novice when it comes to forum posting. Normally I just enjoy reading and looking at everyones costumes. There's some great talent here.

I had to answer this one since Tia's off to WDW (StephfunieRocks) this weekend and out of touch (a touch of destiny perhaps?!?!) I'm "the mom" alias ES to my daughters Tia and my husbands CJS that you've seen pictures of (I think!)
Anyway, Wediznutt - you asked for measurements and I don't want to hold up said production of baldrics, so............
A-B is 33 in.
B-C is 15 in.
C-D is 21 in.
and I'm right-handed.

I'm up for feedback and comments if this post looks funny. I need all the help I can get!
As for the whelps buckle, if you've got access to one, I'll take it. Just let me know what I owe you. Do we have an accord?

:geek: adorable. Your post looks fine. Finally you registered!! omgz let the DIS madness ensew ;)

Also, you'll need the whelps baldric measurments....

KPSparrow189
06-02-2007, 12:36 AM
:geek:

Ah!! Much more better. Whelps measurements for Wediznutt:
A-B 36 in.
B-C 15 in.
C-D 24 in.
and he is left-handed (challenge?)

Also, for Tsuyosa & Gelflingal, check out previous pic post by Stepfunierocks of her brother - another "male" Will. He's still an un"will"ing work in progress, we're hoping he comes around. 14 yr olds are always worried someone will recognize them in costume and that wouldn't be cool.

Oh, and I wanted to say that Wediznutt, your premiere pics were GREAT and
baldric 3.0 is looking AWEsome!!

KPSparrow189
06-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah... hehe. ^_^:

I always heard the Fountain of Youth was in St. Augustine, Florida

Dragonmun get ye over to keeptothecode.com and register....a bunch of people are discussing ye Will Turner get up and complimenting it! You will find said threads under So Ye Want To Be A Pirate!:chatah:[/QUOTE]

I think I must be doing something wrong on keeptothecode.com. Is there a membership fee of $15 to register on the site? If so, it's not for me.

Dragonmun
06-02-2007, 03:15 AM
I think I must be doing something wrong on keeptothecode.com. Is there a membership fee of $15 to register on the site? If so, it's not for me.

I'm having problems logging in there as well. Like... I'll try and just end up with a blank page. The automated email that I got was like the must-be-approved-by-moderator emails that some of the forums I moderate have, but usually when a non-member attempts to log in, they're taken to another page where they could try to register... as opposed to a blank one.

Perhaps this is a bug? Anyone members not logged in at kttc unable to log in?

gelflinggal
06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm having problems logging in there as well. Like... I'll try and just end up with a blank page. The automated email that I got was like the must-be-approved-by-moderator emails that some of the forums I moderate have, but usually when a non-member attempts to log in, they're taken to another page where they could try to register... as opposed to a blank one.

Perhaps this is a bug? Anyone members not logged in at kttc unable to log in?

ok you two when you get to the main page go to "messageboards" then sign in or register...I was able to without a problem...:)

KPSparrow189
06-02-2007, 02:04 PM
ok you two when you get to the main page go to "messageboards" then sign in or register...I was able to without a problem...:)

OK, I got an email from kttc this morning and now have no trouble logging in. Must have been a wait period, but it didn't say so. Anyway, thanks for your help.:)

gelflinggal
06-02-2007, 02:19 PM
OK, I got an email from kttc this morning and now have no trouble logging in. Must have been a wait period, but it didn't say so. Anyway, thanks for your help.:)

No Problemo Mon Capitan :)

gelflinggal
06-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Well I've been busy...I can actually say I'm finally making progress on my costume....

lining has been made
slits" have been put into the sleeves and sides of the costume
sketches which will then be made into traceable details have been made
one arm "detail" has been done

here's the arm (in progress and finished shots):
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0003.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0004.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0005.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0006.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0007.JPG

and completed:

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0008.JPG

and now I'm off to do the other one and continue with the madness :toothy:
ok I've just been informed by my other half that we are taking the kids to a kid museum *sigh* and people wonder why it takes me soo looooong to get one costume done...*argh*!

KPSparrow189
06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Well I've been busy...I can actually say I'm finally making progress on my costume....

lining has been made
slits" have been put into the sleeves and sides of the costume
sketches which will then be made into traceable details have been made
one arm "detail" has been done

here's the arm (in progress and finished shots):
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0003.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0004.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0005.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0006.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0007.JPG

and completed:

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/detailliz0008.JPG

and now I'm off to do the other one and continue with the madness :toothy:
ok I've just been informed by my other half that we are taking the kids to a kid museum *sigh* and people wonder why it takes me soo looooong to get one costume done...*argh*!

As they say, "It's all in the details!"
Looks wonderful and like alot of work! Good job, can't wait to see the finished product.

Wediznutt
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I guess that means you need to complete your work during the hours that I use.....between 9:00pm to 1:00am or anytime between 1:00am to 6:00am as well! That is 9 hours of free time to costume to your hearts content GG!

See now if your other half were willing to portray CJS and your younglings were willing to be Will Jr, or an Undead Monkey think of all the support you would receive?

Wediznutt
06-02-2007, 08:18 PM
:geek: adorable. Your post looks fine. Finally you registered!! omgz let the DIS madness ensew ;)

Oh! Oh! Mama Dalma is keeping a weathered eye on her Tia's "goings-on" on ye ole Internet!

<runs away from the wrath of Tia Dalma and Mama Dalma!>

The whelp is a leftie like me mutant wife! I call her a left-handed mutant!

Righties rule!:rockon:

gelflinggal
06-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I guess that means you need to complete your work during the hours that I use.....between 9:00pm to 1:00am or anytime between 1:00am to 6:00am as well! That is 9 hours of free time to costume to your hearts content GG!

See now if your other half were willing to portray CJS and your younglings were willing to be Will Jr, or an Undead Monkey think of all the support you would receive?

boy was that polite Wediznutt lol...I got the point....:bigcry:

I have kept those hours until recently yet I find myself exhausted by the time 10PM rolls around...I go to the gym most nights at 9PM, 7 PM on weekends...

the kids will usually let me dress them up as anything (goodness, they were Peter Pan and Tinkerbell last Halloween)...I'd love to dress my daughter as a mini Tia...she loves dresses (and how easy would that be for a little one?) and my son, well, he'd probably want to be Jack...lol

the husband *scratches head* well he uhh...doesn't like to play :)

I have to go purchase some metallic gold of the Lumiere as a "flash" coat over the original paint so it'll glimmer here and there....

Justawench
06-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Gelflinggal, that looks great! Are you embroidering or using fabric paint?

gelflinggal
06-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Gelflinggal, that looks great! Are you embroidering or using fabric paint?
Thank you :toothy:
I'm cheating...I'm using Neopaque Lumiere fabric paint and guimp trim for the "triangle"...right now its "true gold" but I definately need the "metallic gold" for some flash...I wish I had an embroidery machine (too lazy to hand embroider) that would be the ultimate!

I'll be putting in a couple late nights to make some more progress:juggler:

..........and to stop whining:japan:

but if anyone thinks I need to do *something* to make it look better let me know *smiles*

Justawench
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Aha - I thought maybe you were couching some kind of trim. Hey, whatever works! :D

Well, I've been revisiting DH's costume after viewing the movie for a third time today. Dang it, the colors match CotBP best - 'cause that's what I was going by at the time. I think I'm going to buy some real dye (bite me, Rit) and overdye some of the pieces. Also, I have a hankering for a *linen* CJS shirt. I'm going to make DH a linen shirt, but I don't want to age it. I guess I'll have to buy some more shirt-weight linen eventually, and make two.

I need to overdye the frock coat, as it's just too light. It's a scary thought though - I don't want to ruin it! The coat's pretty good, except the sleeves aren't quite tight enough to his arms. Since I wasn't on this board when I made it, here's a quick overview -

I used this pattern, which is from The Cut of Men's Clothes, by Norah Waugh - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000ppr10/

I bought and dyed 8 yards of 100% cotton fabric - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000pq13t/

The finished product - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000prcws/

I decided to line it in linen (though some parts are lined in fustian because I didn't have enough linen. I think it gives the coat a nice feel and swing - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000psa5s/

The pattern was a bit of a pill, mainly because I impatiently went at it bass-ackward. - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/00081qsp/

The whole project took quite a while, mainly because I did so much hand sewing. I did all the hems with a le point a rabattre sous la main stitch.

This pattern resulted in a delightfully full-skirted coat. It's so nice and swingy, DH wants to wear it all the time. ;) - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000ftw67/

Wediznutt
06-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I bought and dyed 8 yards of 100% cotton fabric - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000pq13t/

Wooooooo! Hoooooo! New POTC product...Captain Jack Sparrow slip and slide! Just add RUM!

I want to wear my frock coat all the time too but it just seems wrong!

Never stain leather in the backyard because you will end up gardening also! Staining leather, pulling weeds, fertilizing rose garden, and deep watering the trees!

Now that the staining is done all is next is leather treatment and riveting! Some assembly required!

gelflinggal
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Aha - I thought maybe you were couching some kind of trim. Hey, whatever works! :D

Well, I've been revisiting DH's costume after viewing the movie for a third time today. Dang it, the colors match CotBP best - 'cause that's what I was going by at the time. I think I'm going to buy some real dye (bite me, Rit) and overdye some of the pieces. Also, I have a hankering for a *linen* CJS shirt. I'm going to make DH a linen shirt, but I don't want to age it. I guess I'll have to buy some more shirt-weight linen eventually, and make two.

I need to overdye the frock coat, as it's just too light. It's a scary thought though - I don't want to ruin it! The coat's pretty good, except the sleeves aren't quite tight enough to his arms. Since I wasn't on this board when I made it, here's a quick overview -

I used this pattern, which is from The Cut of Men's Clothes, by Norah Waugh - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000ppr10/

The finished product - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000prcws/

I decided to line it in linen (though some parts are lined in fustian because I didn't have enough linen. I think it gives the coat a nice feel and swing - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000psa5s/

The pattern was a bit of a pill, mainly because I impatiently went at it bass-ackward. - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/00081qsp/

The whole project took quite a while, mainly because I did so much hand sewing. I did all the hems with a le point a rabattre sous la main stitch.

This pattern resulted in a delightfully full-skirted coat. It's so nice and swingy, DH wants to wear it all the time. ;) - http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000ftw67/

You used exactly the pattern I would if I ever got brave enough to make a CJS for husband...but since he's not into this I don't get the pleasure lol...

great job!

Wediznutt
06-03-2007, 02:32 AM
What does it take to convince DH to become CJS? He needs to take you out in your new SES costume!

Finished baldric 3.0!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0757_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0758_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0759_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0760_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0762_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0763_resize.jpg

gelflinggal
06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
What does it take to convince DH to become CJS? He needs to take you out in your new SES costume!

I don't know W....I don't know....maybe after Comic-Con when he sees the craziness and fun...maybe...maybe then....

finished the sleeve detail last night and moving on to the soutache that's everywhere today...

Finished baldric 3.0!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0757_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0758_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0759_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0760_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0762_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/CJS%20baldric%203/CIMG0763_resize.jpg

as usual another beautiful product! those conchos are lovely too:)

stefunierocks
06-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Wooooooo! Hoooooo! New POTC product...Captain Jack Sparrow slip and slide! Just add RUM!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATES-OF-CARIBBEAN-WATERSLIDE-SLIP-N-SLIDE-CARRIBEAN_W0QQitemZ250121122396QQcmdZViewItem

gelflinggal
06-03-2007, 03:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIRATES-OF-CARIBBEAN-WATERSLIDE-SLIP-N-SLIDE-CARRIBEAN_W0QQitemZ250121122396QQcmdZViewItem

lol...boy I always wanted a slip n' slide...hmmm...I feel an excuse coming on...lol

Justawench
06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Gelflinggal! I wonder if it's the pattern that they used for the film? Though I noticed Jack's coat doesn't have those inset pieces at the center back. It does have the unusual pocket flaps though.

I can't believe there is actually a POTC slip 'n slide! >.<

gelflinggal
06-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks, Gelflinggal! I wonder if it's the pattern that they used for the film? Though I noticed Jack's coat doesn't have those inset pieces at the center back. It does have the unusual pocket flaps though.

I can't believe there is actually a POTC slip 'n slide! >.<

You know I've always wanted to know what they use and how they make the costumes...yes handsewing indeed by one particular company...but I mean it would be lucrative for someone to find a way to contact these people and get them to reveal their "secrets"..

but then again the market would be flooded with recreations etc...

I didn't even notice the "flap" dilemma...shows how well I was paying attention at the moment :)

stefunierocks
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
UPDATES (sorta)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad.jpg

Please notice: NEW BALDRIC from the crafty hands of Wedizinutt, and new baldrics, made by my dad. General cleaning up... new positon of belts... etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad3.jpg

My peanut!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad4.jpg

crab?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/DAD6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/greenyskp/dad7.jpg

yay

Dragonmun
06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Well... I finally managed to get an account on keeptothecode.com, but I had to go with Estel's nickname for me instead of my usual Dragonmun because like... that glitched or something. I guess that I'll just be "Florida Will" over there now.
^_^;

Star of the Sea
06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
You know that is an excellent suggestion Wediznutt...I was hoping to see some Pintel and Ragetti cosplayers as well...how much fun to get really really grungy and disgusting...

egads a full sclera contact lens...ouch!

that's funny because my dad wanted me to make him a barbossa costume, but then my mom wanted to be barbossa, but then i said why don't you (mom) be teague to my girly jack (since she looks like me), then my dad thought of pintel which is ironic because he was born with an eye deformity that made his eyes football shaped..... hey, i didn't say anything on that one! ; p *waits to be slapped upside the head*

omg.... so i have a non-costuming emergency. i took my little talking jack doll to the beach over the weekend to take pics with dead krakens and whatnot and dude.... one of his legs fell off!!!!! he's lying in a shoe box right now, on life support, but i know he's in shock and gray's anatomy isn't on til thursday... and i don't know what to do!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Estel
06-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Well... I finally managed to get an account on keeptothecode.com, but I had to go with Estel's nickname for me instead of my usual Dragonmun because like... that glitched or something. I guess that I'll just be "Florida Will" over there now.
^_^;

Aw, I feel special now. Yeah, I'm on there... somewhere... I think under ForgeHawk or something... I don't know which SN.

I just had an amazing experience. I'm actually on vacation in the Florida Keys at the moment, and went to see the huge pirate museum out on Key West. Its full of things that are the origins of the stuff from Pirates. I've also, over this trip acquired eight pieces of eight, two dabloons, a piece of two crafted from sunken treasure silver, and a real period rum bottle.

As for real costume work, I've been stitching yarn through my first movie Will vest because I'm a nutter. Really, its because my vest is straight up brown, but the real one has these silly poofy stripes of what really looks like yarn through it. So that's my project over my vacation: "yarning" my vest.

gelflinggal
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
that's funny because my dad wanted me to make him a barbossa costume, but then my mom wanted to be barbossa, but then i said why don't you (mom) be teague to my girly jack (since she looks like me), then my dad thought of pintel which is ironic because he was born with an eye deformity that made his eyes football shaped..... hey, i didn't say anything on that one! ; p *waits to be slapped upside the head*

omg.... so i have a non-costuming emergency. i took my little talking jack doll to the beach over the weekend to take pics with dead krakens and whatnot and dude.... one of his legs fell off!!!!! he's lying in a shoe box right now, on life support, but i know he's in shock and gray's anatomy isn't on til thursday... and i don't know what to do!!!!!! HELP!!!!

See ..I can't wait to see pics of your family portrayal of teague jack and pintel...no ragetti...he's the one with the funny eye...hee hee...

oh no!! little jack suffered from the hazard of photography! where exactly did his leg fall off?? at what point of anatomy?? you could simply glue it back on...orrr...:lost:

Dragonmun
06-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Aw, I feel special now. Yeah, I'm on there... somewhere... I think under ForgeHawk or something... I don't know which SN.

I just had an amazing experience. I'm actually on vacation in the Florida Keys at the moment, and went to see the huge pirate museum out on Key West. Its full of things that are the origins of the stuff from Pirates. I've also, over this trip acquired eight pieces of eight, two dabloons, a piece of two crafted from sunken treasure silver, and a real period rum bottle.

Oh that's awesome! If I weren't tied to work by ropes I'd totally drive down there to see ya. ;p

If you want an adventure, get a conch salad.. or at least talk a family member into getting one (if you're afraid to eat the conch). It's um... different. :reverse:

The only thing that I've got from the keys is a "Mile 0" magnet and a car trunk full of rust (there's a lot of salt in the air, so if you have something that'll rust you might want to wipe it down later).

If your vacation brings you to the Orlando area give me a call (you'll have to PM me for the number). I'll get ya into whatever park you don't have tickets for.

As for real costume work, I've been stitching yarn through my first movie Will vest because I'm a nutter. Really, its because my vest is straight up brown, but the real one has these silly poofy stripes of what really looks like yarn through it. So that's my project over my vacation: "yarning" my vest.

Awesome! You said nutter!

There's a place locally that sells that same kind of fabric, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I just know that we bought like 2 bolts of the stuff to fill a reenactment order at the shop. I do think that it came from the upholstery section of the store though.
O_o

That yarn thing is a good cheat though. It'll take a lot of time, but I can totally see that working. :D

gelflinggal
06-04-2007, 07:27 PM
well my husband is now going to HAVE to wear a costume bwa ha ha!!! thank goodness I have several months to make him one...ha ha ha!...I wonder what I should dress him as? some random character from the film?? a main character? it be cheaper to be random though...hmmm...what do I have in my fabric stash.........

the youngest will be a monkey, obviously....or maybe...hmm....thinking out loud is all...just ignore me :toothy:

Estel
06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh that's awesome! If I weren't tied to work by ropes I'd totally drive down there to see ya. ;p

If you want an adventure, get a conch salad.. or at least talk a family member into getting one (if you're afraid to eat the conch). It's um... different. :reverse:

The only thing that I've got from the keys is a "Mile 0" magnet and a car trunk full of rust (there's a lot of salt in the air, so if you have something that'll rust you might want to wipe it down later).

If your vacation brings you to the Orlando area give me a call (you'll have to PM me for the number). I'll get ya into whatever park you don't have tickets for.

I actually have been eating a lot of conch since I've been here. I'm going for the full Keys experience (minus the Key Lime Pie, not a fan). The food here is great. I mean really really really good.

Unfortunately we won't be making it up anywhere hardly north of Miami. We're here until Thursday then we fly back to California (where I will resume working like a madwoman on my Pirates 3 gear).

Awesome! You said nutter!

There's a place locally that sells that same kind of fabric, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. I just know that we bought like 2 bolts of the stuff to fill a reenactment order at the shop. I do think that it came from the upholstery section of the store though.
O_o

That yarn thing is a good cheat though. It'll take a lot of time, but I can totally see that working. :D

The "yarning" is becoming a bit annoying, but I've got a lot of it done. About half done actually. I'll be dying or staining it when I get home. I hope to actually get the full end of first movie costume done after I get going on my bauldric work. I need to find buckles (hint to anyone who's got a suggestion) otherwise I'll be making them myself.

Dragonmun
06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I actually have been eating a lot of conch since I've been here. I'm going for the full Keys experience (minus the Key Lime Pie, not a fan). The food here is great. I mean really really really good.

Yeah... I can't eat the pies either. ^_^;

Unfortunately we won't be making it up anywhere hardly north of Miami. We're here until Thursday then we fly back to California (where I will resume working like a madwoman on my Pirates 3 gear).

I really should get some more detailing done on mine before I hit PersaCon (http://www.persacon.com) with it. >_>

The "yarning" is becoming a bit annoying, but I've got a lot of it done. About half done actually. I'll be dying or staining it when I get home. I hope to actually get the full end of first movie costume done after I get going on my bauldric work. I need to find buckles (hint to anyone who's got a suggestion) otherwise I'll be making them myself.

I haven't had any luck finding them, and even worse luck making em (they keep breaking). If you find something that works, please share!

Justawench
06-05-2007, 12:01 AM
I bought DH a pimp cup: http://pics.livejournal.com/justawench/pic/000ptk09/

Jack was holding one as he walked with Scarlett and Giselle. ;)

gelflinggal
06-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Good Grief!!

revisiting Sao Feng's "piece of eight" necklace I noticed that they used a "turk's head" knot!!

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/hires5.jpg

turk's head knot:

http://www.ropeworks.biz/archive/Aturkhed.html

grrr....*sigh* ok so I have to make another necklace...no big deal...;)

Star of the Sea
06-05-2007, 01:33 AM
See ..I can't wait to see pics of your family portrayal of teague jack and pintel...no ragetti...he's the one with the funny eye...hee hee...

oh no!! little jack suffered from the hazard of photography! where exactly did his leg fall off?? at what point of anatomy?? you could simply glue it back on...orrr...:lost:

yeah, ragetti, i sorta realized the mix up, bust was too tired to change it! ; P

jack lost his leg at the knee. he's not a barbie so only his arms and head moves, which was bad for him since he was traveling around in the pocket of my chewbacca jacket (from civ- woot!) all weekend getting molested by quilters when i was going around on a quilter's run (don't ask ; ), so that probably wasn't the best thing for him. i couldn't wait for gray's anatomy, but house was on tonight, so i got brave and used some super glue and attached the cuff back to the boot and then the boot onto his leg. i'm too scared to touch him though. i hope he's okay. : )

oh and the knot on the necklace? i tried it on mine, but i had this vintage piece of turquoise and i couldn't get the leather cord to stay because of it's shape. it's all good. thanks for the link to the video. very helpful.

gelflinggal
06-05-2007, 01:45 AM
yeah, ragetti, i sorta realized the mix up, bust was too tired to change it! ; P

jack lost his leg at the knee. he's not a barbie so only his arms and head moves, which was bad for him since he was traveling around in the pocket of my chewbacca jacket (from civ- woot!) all weekend getting molested by quilters when i was going around on a quilter's run (don't ask ; ), so that probably wasn't the best thing for him. i couldn't wait for gray's anatomy, but house was on tonight, so i got brave and used some super glue and attached the cuff back to the boot and then the boot onto his leg. i'm too scared to touch him though. i hope he's okay. : )

oh and the knot on the necklace? i tried it on mine, but i had this vintage piece of turquoise and i couldn't get the leather cord to stay because of it's shape. it's all good. thanks for the link to the video. very helpful.

poor jack....:( well check him in the morning and if the super glue didn't work..try...gorilla glue? sumo glue? anything! just don't let jack be *gasp* an incomplete man :(

lol won't ask...

well I'll try it too in a bit...if its a matter of it staying put-put...again glue is our best friend :)

Wediznutt
06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Well last night was POLYMER CLAY night! I finished the jade stone for my Captain Sao Feng (known as CSF from here on) "pieces of eight" (NOT LIZZIES!!!!) and various bones, beads, teeth, and miniature skulls for my cannibal scepter.

Tonight is DREMEL night! Shaping, polishing, and sanding all polymer clay items. A total of 22 to be exact!

I was looking at various HIRES pics of CSF that the jade is wrapped in that style knot just didn't know what it was called then it hit me....monkey fist knot. We used this type of knot to wrap up a monkey fist in the Navy. Further research showed me that it is the same as the Turkish knot! So I was right all this time and just didn't know the name!!!

How To Tie A Monkey Fist or a Turkish Knot (kudos to GG for the names)!

http://www.igkt.net/beginners/monkeys-fist.html

stefunierocks
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
You know, upon repeat viewing, when Sao goes to kiss Lizzie he REALLY throws her against that pole and she really bounces back. ouch.

*dances around*

After researching and putting together a few patterns...

I went and bought patterns on my lunch!!! Elizabeth Swann Chinese Princess (ESCP) has officially begun!!

To those embarking on the same SCARY adventure of beading...

I used simplicity patterns

6656 for the vest - must modify, elongate shoulders, build collar
4134 for the robe - must modify sleeves, and remove tie, adding chinese fasteners below collarbone. Also the black, flowered part, must sit ON the robe (turned) not be attatched and lie flat. Make sense? lol

Pants I have pattern for. They are the most comfortable pajama pants ever. (again modifys eminent)

And I bought some cheap black flip flops I will be adding a bottom to and replacing the thong part with with thick, plush fabric.

Im going to Jo Annes after work! To look for fabric, but I found some online (holy pricey) if I cant. YAY!

Wediznutt
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Empress Elizabeth Swann wears a thong?:eek:

Here are the amethyst rings that are exclusvie to the El Capitan theater for now. They should be in the parks by mid to end of summer!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Skinny%20Dog%20Design%20rings/CIMG0791_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Skinny%20Dog%20Design%20rings/CIMG0792_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Skinny%20Dog%20Design%20rings/CIMG0793_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Skinny%20Dog%20Design%20rings/CIMG0794_resize.jpg

Captain Sao Feng's ring, the dragon ring, and eventually the gold flower ring will be coming soon. Supposedly the dragon ring will be available this Saturday..............maybe!

Star of the Sea
06-06-2007, 01:35 AM
You know, upon repeat viewing, when Sao goes to kiss Lizzie he REALLY throws her against that pole and she really bounces back. ouch.

*dances around*

After researching and putting together a few patterns...

I went and bought patterns on my lunch!!! Elizabeth Swann Chinese Princess (ESCP) has officially begun!!

To those embarking on the same SCARY adventure of beading...

I used simplicity patterns

6656 for the vest - must modify, elongate shoulders, build collar
4134 for the robe - must modify sleeves, and remove tie, adding chinese fasteners below collarbone. Also the black, flowered part, must sit ON the robe (turned) not be attatched and lie flat. Make sense? lol

Pants I have pattern for. They are the most comfortable pajama pants ever. (again modifys eminent)

And I bought some cheap black flip flops I will be adding a bottom to and replacing the thong part with with thick, plush fabric.

Im going to Jo Annes after work! To look for fabric, but I found some online (holy pricey) if I cant. YAY!

cool! let us know what you find. i'm so mad at myself! i used to have this amazing indian silk top (it goes with a sari, but it's shaped like a tunic) that was salmon colored. on top of it was a layer of golden organza that was embroidered with metal thread. the golden fabric was also metallic, as in it was actually made with metal. (this was common in the 1920s and 1930s before synthetic materials became available.) anyhow, the golden organza was exactly what's on the hat and the collar of this outfit!!! and i got rid of the top a few years ago since it didn't fit.... ugh!

jack update: the glue seems to be holding. jack's effects have been returned and he has resumed duty watching over my collection of small mitsubishi evolutions. : ) just no wild trips for now.

Scurvy Dog
06-06-2007, 02:59 AM
I just found out I get to play Jack at an event this weekend,for now it's a secret but I hope to get more pics for my gallery. The longest I have been in this costume is about 4 hours, this one is going to be over 8 hours long.

If anyone is going by the EL Capitain I would love to get the amethist ring, I lost mine at the premiere last week, I think some crazy fan snitched it from my finger when I wasn't paying attention.....DARN PIRATE!

stefunierocks
06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
cool! let us know what you find.

:bigcry:

Jo-Annes was a BIG dissapointment. They had some good stuff, but all of their oriental stuff was SO GAWDY.

They had the silk that is the exact color of the base of the robe... but no design on it... So I was thinking I would use fabric paint (since im an artist as well as a costumer..heh) and paint on the flower/leaf pattern, since after scouring the internet I cant find anything close. And then accent the flowers and leafs with MINIMUL embroidery. I dont have an embroidery machine, nor do I have the $300 to buy one. Nor do I want one. lol. But if I just accented a few things... well im hoping it would come out looking good.

They had a design that would work for the sleeve cuffs and robe collar, but it wasnt exact, and was 11.99 a yard (not that Id need more than a yard... but still) Id like to keep looking before I commit to that price, it was a little too shiny and the design was a little too wide, there wouldnt be enough black on either side of the flowers.

I also discovered a technique where you can use a rubber stamp or these rubber guides to put that shiny like stuff on material. If I could find the design on the vest, I could just make it, instead of searching...

Although I found this

http://www.transprism.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=62_64&osCsid=eb967bd48524b99be6ff1cf3aab21731

# 6, STS0010

That might be just a little too light...and its silk, and Id rather it be brocade, so that it has a little more stiffness to it, but I can always do that with interfacing... But Idk, what do you think?

Here is the refrence shots:
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/amidala2.jpg
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/still12.jpg

Still in search of the collar and crown fabric...

What about this one?
http://www.transprism.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=62_63&osCsid=eb967bd48524b99be6ff1cf3aab21731

# 5, SBS0011

I know its dragons, but look at from far away, and imagine lots of beading and thread over it, and I think I could make it work...

Also looking into buying a corset, since I'm not Elizabeth swann size, and could use the smoothing... lol. I know Fredericks has good ones, but aside from making one (im opposed.. lol.. I hate hook and eyes, I hate making lacing, and i hate using boning..) but is there anyone else with cheaper ones?

Any suggestions would be helpful!!

piratelife4me
06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry guys that it has been awhile since I been on. With work and school now, it is hard to find time to be on.

Anywho, I finally posted the pictures from POTC Premeire.
Enjoy
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere002.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere003.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere004.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere008.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere011.jpg
Also this my friend Chris who built this entire Tia Dalma shack.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere013.jpg
I have more coming up.

Star of the Sea
06-07-2007, 12:39 AM
:bigcry:

Jo-Annes was a BIG dissapointment. They had some good stuff, but all of their oriental stuff was SO GAWDY.

They had the silk that is the exact color of the base of the robe... but no design on it... So I was thinking I would use fabric paint (since im an artist as well as a costumer..heh) and paint on the flower/leaf pattern, since after scouring the internet I cant find anything close. And then accent the flowers and leafs with MINIMUL embroidery. I dont have an embroidery machine, nor do I have the $300 to buy one. Nor do I want one. lol. But if I just accented a few things... well im hoping it would come out looking good.

Ever heard of Shiva Paint Sticks? http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3889103-AA.shtml I tried them in my fabric manipulation class. I was thinking of using them with a stencil and then machine embroidering them lightly with a freemotion foot used by quilters.... I hate embroidery machines. The designs look really fake and commercial. I'm thinking of just buying silk charmeause and using the paint sticks.

Dragonmun
06-07-2007, 12:45 AM
I also discovered a technique where you can use a rubber stamp or these rubber guides to put that shiny like stuff on material. If I could find the design on the vest, I could just make it, instead of searching...

If you draw out the design you could take it to any office supply store that has a copy center in it and get a custom stamp made. You have to specifically state that you want a "rubber stamp" and it might take up to two weeks for the thing to come in, but you would have the pattern that you seek.

Sorry guys that it has been awhile since I been on. With work and school now, it is hard to find time to be on.

Anywho, I finally posted the pictures from POTC Premeire.
Enjoy
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere002.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere003.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere004.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere008.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere011.jpg
Also this my friend Chris who built this entire Tia Dalma shack.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/pirateslife4mez_2006/POTCPremiere013.jpg
I have more coming up.

I understand that pain. >_<

Those photos came out great! Would it be okay I added that grop shot of us to my gallery? I'll give you credit for taking it. :D

Wediznutt
06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Well I give up on the Captain Sao Feng pieces of eight. Creating a monkey fist knot is not difficult...it is trying to wrap it around a piece of faux jade made of polymer clay that has a very obtuse shape.

I give up for now and will try again in a few months.

stefunierocks
06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Well I give up on the Captain Sao Feng pieces of eight. Creating a monkey fist knot is not difficult...it is trying to wrap it around a piece of faux jade made of polymer clay that has a very obtuse shape.

I give up for now and will try again in a few months.

Superglue?

gelflinggal
06-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Superglue?

That's exactly what I did W...I just dabbed a bit of Fabritac here and there on the points where it "may" come out...yeah I know the shape and everything of mine is wrong but the glue does help :)

Wediznutt
06-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah I thought of SuperGlue but that type of glue and leather is messy!

I think I found out what my problem is/was! First the leather lace I am using is round so it is a little bit harder to work with compared to using flat leather lace. The round leather lace matches the color better than the flat leather lace which is more suede.

Second is that I was using only one picture of SES and the angle made me think that the knot was tied a specific way. In promo stills of CSF, it appears the apex of the jade stone is pointed up. All of the promo stills of SES shows the apex of the jade stone pointing down.

Here are some of the SES photos zoomed in and adjusted for exposure!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Captain%20Sao%20Feng/CSFPof8frontside.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Captain%20Sao%20Feng/CSFPof8leftside.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Captain%20Sao%20Feng/CSFPof8leftside01.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Captain%20Sao%20Feng/CSFPof8rightside.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Captain%20Sao%20Feng/CSFPof8rightside01.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Captain%20Sao%20Feng/CSFPof8rightside02.jpg

Back to the drawing board!

Limeyaku
06-09-2007, 03:08 AM
:D

my mom brought me a flyer for a cheap Disney World vacation tonight!!!

im very interested and will probably end up going if all goes according to plan...just curious...what are their rules like for dressing up on theme park grounds?

Lunacat1
06-09-2007, 10:31 AM
ok i also have not been on in a while so here are my AWE premiere pics!!!! i had a blast!!!! everyone was sooo cool!!!! thanks !!!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-083.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-082.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-081.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-080.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-079.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-078.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-073.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-072.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-071.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-070.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-069.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/5-29-2007-068.jpg

i hope these show up ok!!!! i was going to wear my gold elizabeth dress but it's a long story and i wasn't having a good hair day!!!! over all it was a great vacation and i can not wait to move back down to flordia!!!

Ginger Catgirl
06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
double post of suck, sorry!

Ginger Catgirl
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Okay... putting a poke in here because I'll be working on a Will costume later, and I'm sure I'll want to keep this thread in mind.

If anyone has any ref pics from AWE, at the end... yano... the end... yeah. Would be helpful. But I'm not starting it until August maybe, so... yeah. Plenty of time ;D

NeonHurricane
06-09-2007, 10:15 PM
You mean the end before the credits or afterwards? Because the end (before the credits) he just gets a bandanna, he's wearing the same costume throughout a majority of the movie.

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/will6.jpg
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/will4.jpg
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/will5.jpg
http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/will1a.jpg

Lunacat1
06-09-2007, 11:00 PM
hello...i need some in put it is a long story so to sum it up i have to make a new elizabeth gold dress http://www.costumersguide.com/pirates_gold.shtml i went to jo anns today and found my self torn between two different fabrics and was wondering what you allo thought....

fabric #1 ( more light but photographs well)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1889.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1887.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1886.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1885.jpg

or
fabric #2 (very gold but dark in some lighting)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1891.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1890.jpg

thank you all. i greatly appriciate it if you have any other input that would be great..thanks!!!!

gelflinggal
06-10-2007, 12:17 AM
hello...i need some in put it is a long story so to sum it up i have to make a new elizabeth gold dress http://www.costumersguide.com/pirates_gold.shtml i went to jo anns today and found my self torn between two different fabrics and was wondering what you allo thought....

fabric #1 ( more light but photographs well)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1889.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1887.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1886.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1885.jpg

or
fabric #2 (very gold but dark in some lighting)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1891.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/DSCF1890.jpg

thank you all. i greatly appriciate it if you have any other input that would be great..thanks!!!!

I would say the second one....its "closer" to the print of the original dress and photographs well...:)

piratekitty3
06-10-2007, 12:20 AM
i agree the second one...it looks more gold but the first one has a pretty pattern...i am also making the same costume...does anyone know were i could get fabric that looks almost exactly like hers??? preferably on the cheap end
http://www.costumersguide.com/pirates_gold.shtml

Wediznutt
06-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Aye! I concur with GG!

The flowers are much larger on the second choice and definitely matches the real costume movie prop.

NeonHurricane
06-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Aye, the second one looks best to me aswell.

As a random note, we had some family friends stay over at our place this past weekend. All of the guys wanted to try on my costume.... so one by one I let them try it out.

It was really weird to see my costume on other people, it's like an out of body experience. Attack of the Jacks. At the end of the night all of us still had the eyeliner on lol, we just liked the way it looked. They all looked really good in the getup, I wish I had pics... it really made me feel good that they looked as good as they did in the costume, makes me much more proud of my work than I was previously.

ricashaye
06-10-2007, 03:00 AM
I made the gold Elizabeth Swann dress. Tell me what you think!

Moon Prince
06-10-2007, 04:48 AM
I have a stupid question. :toothy: what fingers are Jack's rings on? I know the "Johnny" ring is on the right thumb but nothing else. I need to know what size to get when they show up at the park. I don't think I'll make it out to the El Cap to see the movie again.

PS: I'm glad I got to briefly see ya, Wediznutt, leaving the theater! Your costume really looks great in person.

Wediznutt
06-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Well persistence definitely pays off! After trial and error I finally got the thing right WITHOUT any adhesive material to hold things in place. All techniques was using pure nautical/marlinspike techniques.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0858_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0860_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0936_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0937_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0938_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0939_resize.jpg

The REAL true Pirate Lord King Elizabeth Swann. I needed a model and since she is a SHE and she is Asian (Siamese) it worked!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0940_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0941_resize.jpg

Wediznutt
06-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a stupid question. :toothy: what fingers are Jack's rings on? I know the "Johnny" ring is on the right thumb but nothing else. I need to know what size to get when they show up at the park. I don't think I'll make it out to the El Cap to see the movie again.

PS: I'm glad I got to briefly see ya, Wediznutt, leaving the theater! Your costume really looks great in person.

It was also very nice to meet the elusive Moon Prince! But you were not properly piratically attired! For shame!:crylaugh:

Now onto Jack's hands!

Right hand - Silver emerald skull ring on index finger (the pointer one).

Left hand - Prior to DMC theft!
Gold jade dragon ring on index finger
Gold onyx flower ring on ring finger

Left hand - After DMC theft and throughout AWE!
Gold jade dragon ring on thumb
Gold amethyst ring (often reffered to as Stolen Ring..hate that name!) on index finger

That is it! Maybe he will come up with more to wear in POTC - QFTQDV........
Pirates of the Caribbean - Quest For The Aqua de Vida!:crylaugh:

gelflinggal
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Well persistence definitely pays off! After trial and error I finally got the thing right WITHOUT any adhesive material to hold things in place. All techniques was using pure nautical/marlinspike techniques.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0858_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0860_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0936_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0937_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0938_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0939_resize.jpg

The REAL true Pirate Lord King Elizabeth Swann. I needed a model and since she is a SHE and she is Asian (Siamese) it worked!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0940_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Pieces%20Of%20Eight/CIMG0941_resize.jpg

WOW! so much better than mine *sigh* :bigtu:

still handsewing trim to the coat...hopefully will have pics up soon...

Star of the Sea
06-11-2007, 11:25 PM
NO! You forgot one! The most important one!!! The one that I gave him when we got married on Tortuga!!!! lol ; p

dude, your cat is cute!

i just started making the thigh kissing black dress. it looks cool, but i'm having that dead man's chest problem. the criss-cross on the front is really hard to fit... it gaps a lot...

i finished binding the top of my 'never been to singapore' stays, but the bottom is evil! and i can't find the grommets for the back... arg!

and all of a sudden, i have this random urge to make myself a beckett costume....

but not before i finish prepping my pirate king lizzie outfit to sell..... *sigh* not enough time!

It was also very nice to meet the elusive Moon Prince! But you were not properly piratically attired! For shame!:crylaugh:

Now onto Jack's hands!

Right hand - Silver emerald skull ring on index finger (the pointer one).

Left hand - Prior to DMC theft!
Gold jade dragon ring on index finger

Left hand - After DMC theft and throughout AWE!
Gold jade dragon ring on thumb
Gold amethyst ring (often reffered to as Stolen Ring..hate that name!) on index finger

That is it! Maybe he will come up with more to wear in POTC - QFTQDV........
Pirates of the Caribbean - Quest For The Aqua de Vida!:crylaugh:

Moon Prince
06-12-2007, 06:08 AM
I haven't gotten around to getting much of my costume done... I thought about trying to get something thrown together but I was just still too hyper from attending the red carpet, Wediznutt

oh, thanks for the ring info. I knew I could count on you.

gelflinggal
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Ok I just want to make this clear before I even start that I'm not whining or crying here...just think of someone talking in a calm voice thats very tired...

I'm making progress on my costume however I'm losing "steam", not enthusiasm, just energy...what, if anything, did all of you do when and if you hit this "bump" during the journey we call "re-creating a costume"?

The frustrating thing is I still have several more steps to do to the coat and then there is the "leatherwork" and Comic-Con is literally just around the corner....and my darn OAD and making sure it looks "nice" is getting in the way of me just "hammering it out", not that any of you do...I'm just tired and frustrated that I can't make faster progress...

:snoring: :sleep:

Lunacat1
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
hey!!! i was wondering if anyone had a close up pic of Captain Sao Feng necklace ( or his piece of 8) thanks a bunch!!!!!

Sonsko-chan
06-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Gelfing; Comic Con isn't till the end of July, yes? Perhaps you ought to take a break and finish later?

gelflinggal
06-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Gelfing; Comic Con isn't till the end of July, yes? Perhaps you ought to take a break and finish later?

yep its not till the end of July :)

egads I can't take a break...there's too much to do!

I have to finish sewing on the trim then adding the large details down the front back and side panels then lining...then there's the boots the "hip/thigh panels" the belt the belt details the shoulder piece the shoulder piece details the hat the...

*takes deep breath*

I can't take a break and I want to sooo badly...lol....then again...I do need to make a shirt *gets distracted by shiny object*...yes yes thats it....:bigtu:

Wediznutt
06-13-2007, 12:42 AM
yep its not till the end of July :)

egads I can't take a break...there's too much to do!

I have to finish sewing on the trim then adding the large details down the front back and side panels then lining...then there's the boots the "hip/thigh panels" the belt the belt details the shoulder piece the shoulder piece details the hat the...

*takes deep breath*

I can't take a break and I want to sooo badly...lol....then again...I do need to make a shirt *gets distracted by shiny object*...yes yes thats it....:bigtu:

GG I thinks Sonsko chan meant Comic Con 2008 in July 2008! Plenty of time!

<ducks before swords are drawn!>:crylaugh:

Dragonmun
06-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey guys... I've hit another string of conventions that I have to sell my comics at, so It's not so easy to get to the internet for extended amount of time, but I wanted to post my find for Estel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/dragonmun/cosplay/belt.jpg

I know that it's not exact, but it's damned close... and I found it at Ross of all places.

The product line is called "Absolutely Fresh" by a company called Prestige. I tried doing a quick google search for it, but didn't have to much luck. Hopefully a more extended search will turn up something.

See you guys when I get back from all this.
^_^;

Dragonmun
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Okay... putting a poke in here because I'll be working on a Will costume later, and I'm sure I'll want to keep this thread in mind.

If anyone has any ref pics from AWE, at the end... yano... the end... yeah. Would be helpful. But I'm not starting it until August maybe, so... yeah. Plenty of time ;D

Here ya go! :D

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3_will.shtml

And yeah.. subscribing to this thread has been a god send for me and my 3rd movie Will costume. I had like... nothing before coming here (had to rebuild pretty much everything) and I got all of my reference and technique stuffs here.
^.^

gelflinggal
06-13-2007, 03:18 AM
GG I thinks Sonsko chan meant Comic Con 2008 in July 2008! Plenty of time!

<ducks before swords are drawn!>:crylaugh:

bloody pirate....

:crylaugh:

I'll do it I'll get it done in time watch me!

argh lol

spoiler/rant regarding the third movie:

finally saw the third movie today and I am torn... I mean torn! I don't know which one I like the least the second or third one...I know that'll probably make me a pariah round these parts but...man! some scenes the music didn't seem to fit (genre wise)....the way Beckett died...I mean?? what the heck was that?!?! this man was a cold and calculating little bugger and he dies because he cracks from...what? Turner being the new captain of the dutchmen and turning (of course) on him and his ship??? don't get it...and Calypso...what was that?? attack of the 50 foot woman?!?!?! egads.... and the weirdness of the "locker" all those Jacks...oh my god....I'm sorry as much as I love POTC I can't help but feeling this was a very very very difficult attempt for the writers to end the series in a certain way...wrapping many story lines up that is...and failing...oh i should just go run myself through with a sword now....the best part was the costumes....oh! and they killed Sao Feng off like *that* *snaps fingers*...wha?? huh?? ugh...I'm sure I'll warm up to it after watching it 50 times for all the costume details but for right now the weirdness has permeated my brain and left a strange aftertaste...:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

NeonHurricane
06-13-2007, 04:24 AM
I pretty much agree with ye gelflinggal (about your AWE rant,) though I still enjoyed the movie despite these very odd elements.

In the meantime, sometime soon I'll be AGAIN updating my costume. I need to make meself some actual pirate breeches. I'm also considering upgrading myself to DMC/AWE Jack... but I'm not sure if I'll have financial resources to add all that stuff yet.

I'm thinking of ways to improve my current costume, because it always looks a bit off to me though all the elements seem to be in place (well, mostly). Any suggestions?

stefunierocks
06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking of ways to improve my current costume, because it always looks a bit off to me though all the elements seem to be in place (well, mostly). Any suggestions?

Baldric and Frock coat. And as far as purchasing those things... Wedizinutt makes fine baldrics, you might want to commission him... And i make amazing frock coats. Both can be 'cheapened' Let me or him know if you're interested.

Well lads, Im, momentarily giving up on my Elizabeth Swan Chinese princess costume. DONT BE SAD. lol. With other things and life, i just wont have time the time or money to complete it, like I want to. I need to learn how to paint on silk, which has a lot of technique to it apparently, to do it right. Along with that, the cost of chinese silk, and beading, etc... Right now, im just not wanting to attack it. Perhaps this time next year, after I finish the wedding dress and other things I have in the works.

But, I have instead decided, since I wore my Tia costume last year to MNSSHP and to P&P, that I will make a new costume. And the best choice, to compliment my father, who is really working the beach, would be to be Scarlett. (apparently I cant get away from cosplaying people jack has apparently slept with. lol)

The costume looks relativley easy. I am not making a corset, I purchased one from arrrrbay from fredericks, and will instead be making a 'corset' to hook over that one. (mostly so I can use it for other outfits, its cute.)

Anyway, anyone have pics other than the 2 production photos? Or a clip of that scene? Cant find much on scarlett...

I plan to get the majority of it done this weekend. Mostly because we're planning a trip somewhere, that I cant yet reveal on the boards. I will tell you that the other Jack Sparrows on board will be jealous!!! mwaahahhaaa

Cant buy anything till i get paid tomorrow. :( So will spend tonight sketching and planning.

Wediznutt
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I pretty much agree with ye gelflinggal (about your AWE rant,) though I still enjoyed the movie despite these very odd elements.

In the meantime, sometime soon I'll be AGAIN updating my costume. I need to make meself some actual pirate breeches. I'm also considering upgrading myself to DMC/AWE Jack... but I'm not sure if I'll have financial resources to add all that stuff yet.

Neon: Cannibal Jack Sparrow would be the easiest upgrade from DMC. So far I have only spend about $50.00 on parts and pieces. Now assembly is a different thing!

Wediznutt
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Do not give up the ship....I mean Empress Lizzie! You can do it!

So that is why you sounded bummed! Not the typical exciting StephanieRocks..more like StephanieIWillKillYouIfYouCallMeAgain!!!

WHERE YA GOIN? WHERE YA GOIN? TELL US TELL US TELL USSSSSSS!!!!

Sonsko-chan
06-13-2007, 11:08 PM
I took artistic licensing to ghetto cosplay....

I was bored, so I did craptastic versions of Lizzy in CBP with her military uniform. And Anamaria. -isaloser-

I'll see what I can do about uploading them. Cosplay.com wasn't letting me yesterday.

*EDIT: They're up in the ghetto cosplay section.
AKA here - http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=61604&member=42222

gelflinggal
06-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Stefunierks...can't wait to hear what the "super secret squirrel" event is!

Sonsko...can't wait to see "ghetto-tastic" costumes!

slowly but surely here is my progress..

soutache detail added to coat:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizcos0001.JPG

larger "scroll" trim (which isn't really) added to coat:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizcos0004.JPG

"loopy" braid trim being added to coat:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizcos0005.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizcos0006.JPG

hopefully I'll have that done completely within the next 2 days (and nights)....the trim has been machine sewn (soutache) and handsewn (all three) and boy nothing like handsewing...be a little more fun if I could see but it looks as if I misplaced my glasses somewhere...hmm...

next I'll be adding the "scrollwork" designs to the coat...then I can finally move onto the "leather work"...I also got the two book that came out...The Visual Guide and Bring me that Horizon...I'll look through for photos of Scarlet Stefunierocks..ooo...good shot on page 59 of BMTH!!

Tsuyosa
06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
just popping in to say hallo! ^_^ Been QUITE busy with life lately and haven't had much chance to work on things like i have done so speedily in the past... but i have managed to get a few things done :-p

for Jack:
I upgraded the belts i've been wearing. (no more cheap, toy-vinyl). Still need to upgrade the buckles

REmade the wig (again) It is now much less poofy on the sides and is far more comfortable to boot :)

and am continuously working on the frock coat. BUTTONS ARE A PAIN IN THE REAR!!!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1128333

For Will:
I've made the shirt, and started on his frock/coat also, i have picked out a "decent" sash material until we locate something more accurate.
I'm gonna just use the baldric and belt from jacks' costume for now until i get $$$ :-p
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1128334

DragonMum, just curious, what did the buckle that you found come from in particular? Was it actually a line of belts (womens' i'd assume?) Or did it come off of a purse or hmm?

I might swing by my two local Ross' stores to check it out if they might have them all over ^_^

Gelfinggal, thats a pretty incredible undertaking! It looks like it's going to be reaaaally nice though :)

gelflinggal
06-14-2007, 12:10 AM
just popping in to say hallo! ^_^ Been QUITE busy with life lately and haven't had much chance to work on things like i have done so speedily in the past... but i have managed to get a few things done :-p

for Jack:
I upgraded the belts i've been wearing. (no more cheap, toy-vinyl). Still need to upgrade the buckles

REmade the wig (again) It is now much less poofy on the sides and is far more comfortable to boot :)

and am continuously working on the frock coat. BUTTONS ARE A PAIN IN THE REAR!!!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1128333

For Will:
I've made the shirt, and started on his frock/coat also, i have picked out a "decent" sash material until we locate something more accurate.
I'm gonna just use the baldric and belt from jacks' costume for now until i get $$$ :-p
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1128334

DragonMum, just curious, what did the buckle that you found come from in particular? Was it actually a line of belts (womens' i'd assume?) Or did it come off of a purse or hmm?

I might swing by my two local Ross' stores to check it out if they might have them all over ^_^

Gelfinggal, thats a pretty incredible undertaking! It looks like it's going to be reaaaally nice though :)

That's looking really good Tsuyosa...that's just my humble opinion though....let's wait for the other Jacks to come out...ooo weird scene from AWE just came to mind...lol...especially the part where he was moving in on the goat! LOLROFLMBO...*clears throat and composes self*

thank you too! I got a good look at my self in the mirror tonite after having sewn much of the day and well...let's just say I shouldn't go out in public...I'm looking really scary with bloodshot eyes....not a good look...

oh but back to the main conversation...I'm looking forward to seeing your costumes being completed...heck I look forward to seeing everyone make a part of this dream a reality for themselves!:toothy:

Dragonmun
06-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Yeah... it's a woman's belt. Unfortunately the name on the belt's tag was "Absolutely Fresh" by a company or product line called "Prestige".
^_^;

Still looking for any other branding marks >_>

NeonHurricane
06-15-2007, 03:17 AM
For all the upcoming Wills out there (Will Call!... hardy har har), acme brand over at ARRBay has both a Will Turner waist belt buckle and baldric buckle of the DMC/AWE persuasion.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I really should be "hip with the times" and get to work on turning CotBP Jack into DMC/AWE Jack. After all, that would give me the privilege of carrying around a jar of dirt around for no particular reason (besides protecting meself from Jones o' course).

stefunierocks
06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
omgz my mom decided she wants a giselle dress so we can walk around fighting and slapping jack. Any tips from those whove made it already?

Wediznutt
06-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes three that I know of! Get ye butt over to KeepToTheCode.com where the real pirates gather! Located under So You Wanna Be A Pirate ---- Strumpet Style forum!

http://www.keeptothecode.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=10217

Wediznutt
06-16-2007, 02:59 AM
I started temporarily putting the pieces together just to get an idea of size and the look. Still awaiting the arrival of more black feathers. Hope to start painting and weathering some of the items.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/CIMG0942_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/CIMG0943_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/CIMG0944_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/CIMG0950_resize.jpg

Lunacat1
06-16-2007, 02:24 PM
hey!!!! i have got a question...i am making liz's ppirate king costume and would like some input...is her costume black or a really dark navy???? i looked at several pics and i can not figure it out...also does anyone have a close up of sao feng's necklace???

gelflinggal
06-16-2007, 02:58 PM
hey!!!! i have got a question...i am making liz's ppirate king costume and would like some input...is her costume black or a really dark navy???? i looked at several pics and i can not figure it out...also does anyone have a close up of sao feng's necklace???

black black black black black!! metallic gold detail too not bright because it would be silk and gold metallic...probably doesn't make sense...*sigh*....unfortunately due to money and resources available mine will be a freaking disco ball...lol

if you search the thread Neon posted a pic when I asked a while back..."search thread" is a really great tool:bigtu:

Tsuyosa
06-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Here's more of an official jack update from me <_<

And the sash is right the correct side now! (for you Wediznutsss) ;)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1132262

Just improving what i can with what little money i have *tear* :(

lemony68
06-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Im thinking of making Elizabeth's chinese princess costume, but will have to decied about it later because im currently doing violet baudelaires costume. I was trying to do elizabeths wedding dress but gave up on that. and Lunacat1, if you go to http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3_chinese.shtml , they have some pictures there of the necklace.

stefunierocks
06-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Part 1 of Scarlett

Saw the movie again last night, figured out the whole back is the striped material.. GRRRR

Anyway, got the corset in the mail yesterday, and now I have to cover it, and shape it.

Im amazed after trying to get tanner for Tia, I have to now 'whiten up' for Scarlett.... fun!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/1.jpg

Cristophine
06-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Quick question about fabric: I'm in the process of making a 'random' pirate (hey with all those Jacks running around he'll need a crew right?) and I;m going to make a pair of britches but what type of fabric should I use? I was thinking of making them look like Ragetti's britches so if you have any shots of those please send them my way. Thanks in advance.

gelflinggal
06-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Quick question about fabric: I'm in the process of making a 'random' pirate (hey with all those Jacks running around he'll need a crew right?) and I;m going to make a pair of britches but what type of fabric should I use? I was thinking of making them look like Ragetti's britches so if you have any shots of those please send them my way. Thanks in advance.

try linen...wool....a heavier cotton material...anything BUT broadcloth.....from the ColonialWilliamsburg.com/history/clothing/men/mglossary:

"Worn by all levels of society, breeches were made in a great variety of silks, cottons, linens, wools, knits, and leathers. (See also Trousers)"

gelflinggal
06-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Part 1 of Scarlett

Saw the movie again last night, figured out the whole back is the striped material.. GRRRR

Anyway, got the corset in the mail yesterday, and now I have to cover it, and shape it.

Im amazed after trying to get tanner for Tia, I have to now 'whiten up' for Scarlett.... fun!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/stepheniebday/1.jpg

oh Stefunie you silly girl...you know about makeup :toothy:

NeonHurricane
06-18-2007, 02:28 AM
In relation to Captain Jack's costume, most will say his breeches were linen, where as I believe the actual material for the movie used piece was cotton. So either of those would be suitable material.

Also included in this post.... a Ragetti costume pic (Courtesy of the potccostuming gallery).
http://www.maj.com/gallery/NeonHurricane/Cosplay/PotC/Ragetti/ragetti_hero_costume.jpg

Cristophine
06-18-2007, 11:17 AM
try linen...wool....a heavier cotton material...anything BUT broadcloth.....from the ColonialWilliamsburg.com/history/clothing/men/mglossary:

"Worn by all levels of society, breeches were made in a great variety of silks, cottons, linens, wools, knits, and leathers. (See also Trousers)"

In relation to Captain Jack's costume, most will say his breeches were linen, where as I believe the actual material for the movie used piece was cotton. So either of those would be suitable material.

Also included in this post.... a Ragetti costume pic (Courtesy of the potccostuming gallery).
http://www.maj.com/gallery/NeonHurricane/Cosplay/PotC/Ragetti/ragetti_hero_costume.jpg

Thank you guys so much. I think I'll try for a cotton or linen since it will be worn in the summer and thus be cooler. Thanks again for the prompt responses, you guys are awesome! ^_^

piratelife4me
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Alright who is going to Disney's Pirates and Princess Party?
Also who would like to go as a group?
Just pick a date and we can all meet up there.

NeonHurricane
06-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Well, any of the non Friday dates work for me. Aye, that may make things a bit complicated for arranging a group thing but... those are me only option.

EDIT:

As a random note, wouldn't it be awesome if we could rent one of those pontoon boats on 7 seas lagoon and sail around in our costumes? lol I wonder if because there's a P&P event if they'd let us get away with it.

EDIT 2: Edited to correct error. I'd be open for any of the dates except the friday ones.

KPSparrow189
06-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Stefunierocks & her crew (ES & CJS; of course, she's making all new costumes so I'm not sure who we'll be!) will be there Aug. 18th, it's a Saturday. We can meet up if you're going then.

Lunacat1
06-19-2007, 01:04 AM
i have been making a little progress updating my pirate elizabeth costume...the other day i was goofing around with my little cousin and step-sister and took some pics.....please tell me what you think.. i really don't like the way the vest looks...it is sooooo red!!!!! i tried dieing it but i think it is some type of a polyester blend..... i originally put this costume together really fast and cheap for my friend (pirate premiere) and thought i could make some adjustments to fit me....do you guys have any sugestions on how i could tweek it...i mean i look like a cartoon!!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/567728745_7e8ca21062.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/567301238_b2196b24e2.jpg

p.s. please ignore my cheesyness!!! then again i am usually cheesey in all my photos!!! :)

Cristophine
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, how hard was it to make Tia Dalma's outfit? I'd love to cosplay as her sometime, but I have issues when it comes to making dresses...

Dragonmun
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
i have been making a little progress updating my pirate elizabeth costume...the other day i was goofing around with my little cousin and step-sister and took some pics.....please tell me what you think.. i really don't like the way the vest looks...it is sooooo red!!!!! i tried dieing it but i think it is some type of a polyester blend..... i originally put this costume together really fast and cheap for my friend (pirate premiere) and thought i could make some adjustments to fit me....do you guys have any sugestions on how i could tweek it...i mean i look like a cartoon!!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/567728745_7e8ca21062.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/dreamandbelieve1/567301238_b2196b24e2.jpg

p.s. please ignore my cheesyness!!! then again i am usually cheesey in all my photos!!! :)

I know a lot of people that would kill to look like a cartoon, but that's not what you're going for I'm guessing by this post. X'D

Basically weathering the whole thing is where I would start to make it more more realistic. tea-staining it, taking it outside to beat it on stone walkways, and perhaps attacking it with minor detail accessories are all ways to make it no longer cartoon-like.

(I think the outfit is cute as hell though ^.^)

NeonHurricane
06-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Aye, tea-staining would definitely help with the bright red color I figure. It would probably make it more of a orange-ish color.

Dragonmun
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Going to the Pirates and Princess party on the 18th sounds good to me. :D

Frida_chan
06-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Yawn!! LunaCat you have a nice 17 century looking n.n
Nice costume and funny pics!!!

Frida_chan
06-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Is someone else over this costume??? http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Rida_chan/ElizabethSaoFengclothes.jpg
Mine is like 90% Im missing the shoes and need help D: ...
Its Elizabeth clothes while being missunderstanding with Calypso in SaoFeng' ship

gelflinggal
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Is someone else over this costume??? http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Rida_chan/ElizabethSaoFengclothes.jpg
Mine is like 90% Im missing the shoes and need help D: ...
Its Elizabeth clothes while being missunderstanding with Calypso in SaoFeng' ship

I believe there are several of us DESIRING to make it, but due to lack of funds and other priorities, aren't able to at this time...its called the "Chinese Princess" outfit but in the book Bring me that Horizon its called a "courtesan" costume *eyebrow wiggle* lol....its beautiful and Wediznutt found out that it cost $150,000 to make!

gelflinggal
06-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Yawn!! LunaCat you have a nice 17 century looking n.n
Nice costume and funny pics!!!

I think your costume is really looking good Lunacat just beat the heck out of it like everyone else said and it will look *that* much better :)

and the "cheesy" pics are cute kiddo....what else are we supposed to do? take ourselves seriously? lol...

Lunacat1
06-19-2007, 11:06 PM
i would love to make that costume but one lack of funds and two she didn't really wear it for that long and three lack of funds!!!! BUT!!!! since i am petite and even though it might be ...well cheating...(but then again...PIRATE!!!!) i might go to the disney store and buy the little girls chinese princess costume (just for fun)....me being the dork that i am tried it on in the store...i got alot of funny looks!!!...come to think of it i do remember a website stating that they were going to make an elizabeth swann costume for adults for halloween...once again just for fun...i think her costume is really cool!!!

p.s. thanks for the comments gelfinggal....i think cheesy is much more amussing

gelflinggal
06-19-2007, 11:11 PM
i would love to make that costume but one lack of funds and two she didn't really wear it for that long and three lack of funds!!!! BUT!!!! since i am petite and even though it might be ...well cheating...(but then again...PIRATE!!!!) i might go to the disney store and buy the little girls chinese princess costume (just for fun)....me being the dork that i am tried it on in the store...i got alot of funny looks!!!...come to think of it i do remember a website stating that they were going to make an elizabeth swann costume for adults for halloween...once again just for fun...i think her costume is really cool!!!
ahh to be that small...err...petite...no offense seriously...just man sometimes I wish I wasn't such a bruiser :) and with that off to the gym with me *chuckle*

p.s. thanks for the comments gelfinggal....i think cheesy is much more amussing

ditto! :bigtu:

Frida_chan
06-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Disney's tiara is love~
I got mine in there too :D
But couldnt find those cute shoes for my size

Frida_chan
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey guyz
I started painting the shoes :3
They are looking CUTE~!!!
Wish me good luck so I can keep the good job n.n

djsequence
06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
It's been ages since I posted here. Heheh.
Well my improved Scruffy Norrington costume is complete. I even got to wear it to Anime North 2007.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1118892
I just gotta say that coat is a big pain! But you can't help but feel pretty when wearing it. Heh. I actually sewed the dang thing in less than a month! 38 gold buttons of varying sizes and almost 20 meters of gold chained trim were the most insane thing on this. It also is made to double as the Commodore's fancy coat (potc1) which I plan to go as for FanExpo 2007.

Although one thing's got me stumped... In the first film, how/where does Norrington sheath his sword? He just seems to pull it out of thin air when he fights O_o Can anyone solve the mystery behind this?

Lunacat1
06-25-2007, 01:14 AM
nice pic...looks like it came out really good!!!! maybe i will see you at fanexpo ...i was thinking about going to it...it all depends on if i can get the time off of work

Wediznutt
06-25-2007, 02:50 AM
This was the 2nd to the last weekend of AWE playing at the El Capitan so we figured we had better go see it before it gets released to DVD!

Just waiting in line! Turns out I was the only Captain Jack Sparrow at the 8:00pm showing so it was pictures galore!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1080_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1081_resize.jpg

Again I need that costume! Oh wait I have it!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1110_resize.jpg

Could resist the picture with the AWE logo in the Character Store! Quite a few fans were outside trying to get my picture!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1114_resize.jpg

Ah yes the El Capitan marquee. Hopefully in about 2011 we will see a new marquee for Pirates of the Caribbean - The Fountain Of Youth!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1118_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1122_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1124_resize.jpg

Paying my respects before the alter of the man that made it all happen...Mr. Johnny Depp! This was infront of the Mann's Chinese Theater! After about 10 minutes security had to ASK me to leave...............PIRATE!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1119_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1120_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1121_resize.jpg

There was some Red Carpet event going on at the Kodak theater so I couldn't resist walking the red carpet and trying a few other things! Anyone see the Pearl?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1126_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1127_resize.jpg

Ahhhh! OH! A peanut!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1130_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1132_resize.jpg

Justawench
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
More good pics, Wediznutt! I like the one with the AWE logo the best.

If anyone's interested in having a real Jack Sparrow pistol, you can get one from Kennedy Firearms, who I believe made the guns used in the film (well, the doubles, anyway). If you've got an extra 600 or 700 dollars laying around, you can buy the pieces to construct your own firing weapon.

It's the Perry, London on this page: http://hometown.aol.com/hangfire1755/indexhtmlmilerunmuzzleloaders_k.html

KPSparrow189
06-26-2007, 12:48 AM
This was the 2nd to the last weekend of AWE playing at the El Capitan so we figured we had better go see it before it gets released to DVD!

Just waiting in line! Turns out I was the only Captain Jack Sparrow at the 8:00pm showing so it was pictures galore!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1080_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1081_resize.jpg

Again I need that costume! Oh wait I have it!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1110_resize.jpg

Could resist the picture with the AWE logo in the Character Store! Quite a few fans were outside trying to get my picture!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1114_resize.jpg

Ah yes the El Capitan marquee. Hopefully in about 2011 we will see a new marquee for Pirates of the Caribbean - The Fountain Of Youth!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1118_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1122_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1124_resize.jpg

Paying my respects before the alter of the man that made it all happen...Mr. Johnny Depp! This was infront of the Mann's Chinese Theater! After about 10 minutes security had to ASK me to leave...............PIRATE!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1119_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1120_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1121_resize.jpg

There was some Red Carpet event going on at the Kodak theater so I couldn't resist walking the red carpet and trying a few other things! Anyone see the Pearl?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1126_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1127_resize.jpg

Ahhhh! OH! A peanut!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1130_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/AWE%20at%20El%20Capitan/CIMG1132_resize.jpg

I was beginning to think that we'd all have to "sail to de ends of de ert' to fetch back, witty Jack". Where've you been? Seeing AWE at the El Capitan, that's where you've been!!
My CJS has been busy cosplaying out on Anna Marie Island here in Bradenton every weekend and let me tell you, he's is creating a stir! He's done everything from taking hundreds of pictures to particpating in a wedding on a yacht (ship?) 10 miles out in the Gulf!! He's having a great time! He loves to just go walking on the beach too. So I thought I'd share some pictures with you guys. Tell me what you think?

Candid pics at the beach
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507136.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507100.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507143.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507108.jpg

My Peanut!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507040.jpg

Pirate Dog Keema
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1010.jpg

Backyard pics
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1008.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1005.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507014.jpg

Our "Pirate Bar" at home
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1017.jpg

Lunacat1
06-26-2007, 09:09 AM
wediznutw and kpsparrow189 your pics are awsome!!!!! great job!!!!

gelflinggal
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I was beginning to think that we'd all have to "sail to de ends of de ert' to fetch back, witty Jack". Where've you been? Seeing AWE at the El Capitan, that's where you've been!!
My CJS has been busy cosplaying out on Anna Marie Island here in Bradenton every weekend and let me tell you, he's is creating a stir! He's done everything from taking hundreds of pictures to particpating in a wedding on a yacht (ship?) 10 miles out in the Gulf!! He's having a great time! He loves to just go walking on the beach too. So I thought I'd share some pictures with you guys. Tell me what you think?

Candid pics at the beach
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507136.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507100.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507143.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507108.jpg

My Peanut!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507040.jpg

Pirate Dog Keema
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1010.jpg

Backyard pics
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1008.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1005.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/061507014.jpg

Our "Pirate Bar" at home
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Kendra189/Pirates%20Life%20for%20Me/Jack1017.jpg

wow! everyone looks like they're having a grand time! love the bar....and the dog! what a cutie :)

NeonHurricane
06-27-2007, 02:35 AM
Great pics! I particularly like the one where the Cap'n is hidin in the greenery.

Ye should get yer pooch to hold some keys aswell aye? I advise you teach 'im soon, or else I might... er... borrow said keys and take advantage of ye bar!

Estel
06-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh god, so I want to sleep for a million years, but I can't. For all of you in the general Southern California area, or really anyone attending Anime Expo, I extend an invitation to a night of madness and festivity at this year's (non-alcoholic) Rum Party! Saturday night, at 7, is the kickoff behind the convention center at Rainbow Lagoon. I'll be there with my Captain, as well as another will and a whole crew of pirates running all this madness. Its free. You don't need a badge to get in. There will be drinks, games, wenches auctions, and lots of fun to go around!

piratelife4me
06-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Alright lets start planning for the Pirate and Princess Party in August.
Need to pick a date, the time to meet, also see if we want to rent a Panton boat at the lagoon, and whether if we want to spend the day at one of the parks.

NeonHurricane
06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, a day should be decided. Again for ref, I can't do any friday ones, and for the saturday ones I'd only be able to be there at around 7 ish so if anything were to go on during the day I wouldn't be present until later. So you guys all pick something and I'll figure somethin' out. :P

KPSparrow189
06-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Yes, a day should be decided. Again for ref, I can't do any friday ones, and for the saturday ones I'd only be able to be there at around 7 ish so if anything were to go on during the day I wouldn't be present until later. So you guys all pick something and I'll figure somethin' out. :P

Me and me crew will be goin' on the 18th. If anyone is going that night, it's a Saturday, let's meet around 9:00pm in front of POTC.

NeonHurricane
06-28-2007, 02:49 AM
That sounds like a plan to me!

Just curious, do any of you guys seen any Captain Teague cosplayers? It'd be neat if there were any out there. I'd probably attempt it myself but I don't think i'd be able to sell me being Jack's dad with my youthful appearance (nor can I really sound like keith richards much, not that everyone has to be in character of course).

Star of the Sea
06-29-2007, 04:16 AM
That sounds like a plan to me!

Just curious, do any of you guys seen any Captain Teague cosplayers? It'd be neat if there were any out there. I'd probably attempt it myself but I don't think i'd be able to sell me being Jack's dad with my youthful appearance (nor can I really sound like keith richards much, not that everyone has to be in character of course).

i want to make this costume for my mom. she scoffed at the idea of being keef, but she is 62 and when i pointed out that keef gets way more girls than geoffrey... (she just wants the big hat) and she could have cool hair extensions like me... she gave in. so maybe sometime next year there will be a teague with a real jackie (not a jack) somewhere out in the world. we'll see though. i have some more elizabeth projects to finish and bootstrap bill to refine... : ) and cannibal girly jack and bath house lizzie for comicon.

i'm really mad i'm missing ax this year. i've been going for the past 5 years, but i'm going on vacation, so i can't complain!

Lunacat1
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
not sure if anyone noticed but www.costumersguide.com updated there pics for AWE costumes yay!!!!!!

piratelife4me
06-30-2007, 10:32 PM
so the 18th is good for everyone?

Frida_chan
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
todaaay Im going as Elizabeth :]
Wishhh me good luck please for the contest n.n

gelflinggal
07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to post a couple of pics...I am making progress on the costume...please forgive the scariness of the "model"...life hasn't been pleasant lately *lol*:

completed trim on coat:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0002.JPG

side trim detail on coat:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0003.JPG

more detail on each side of coat:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0018.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0019.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0020.JPG

this is where it gets scary those who can't handle frightening images may wish not to look now...lower back of coat detail:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0025.JPG

detail on one side of coat done:

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0628bike0030.JPG

ok so the very bottom of that is a bit too big and I still have the upper back detail to sketch and paint on and do the other side and line the coat...I can then finally move on to the leather work....I'm considering re-doing the piece of 8 necklace.....

ok back to work with me :)

KPSparrow189
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM

I just wanted to post a couple of pics...I am making progress on the costume...please forgive the scariness of the "model"...life hasn't been pleasant lately *lol*:

completed trim on coat:

this is where it gets scary those who can't handle frightening images may wish not to look now...lower back of coat detail:

ok so the very bottom of that is a bit too big and I still have the upper back detail to sketch and paint on and do the other side and line the coat...I can then finally move on to the leather work....I'm considering re-doing the piece of 8 necklace.....

Gelflinggal - Absolutely beautiful! Really great work. Make sure you keep posting pictures of your progress - I'm really anxious to see the finished product!

gelflinggal
07-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Gelflinggal - Absolutely beautiful! Really great work. Make sure you keep posting pictures of your progress - I'm really anxious to see the finished product!

thank you! I'm hoping to get the rest of the painting done tonite and the lining tomorrow *crosses fingers* I'm really anxious to start on the "leather":toothy:
if anything it'll be ready for Halloween for sure lol...boy I'm pathetically slooooowwwww:toothy:

Dragonmun
07-01-2007, 07:18 PM
thank you! I'm hoping to get the rest of the painting done tonite and the lining tomorrow *crosses fingers* I'm really anxious to start on the "leather":toothy:
if anything it'll be ready for Halloween for sure lol...boy I'm pathetically slooooowwwww:toothy:

You're not slow. You're detail-oriented... and it's totally paying off. That's looking absolutely amazing!
O.O

Dragonmun
07-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Good for me ^.^

gelflinggal
07-01-2007, 07:31 PM
You're not slow. You're detail-oriented... and it's totally paying off. That's looking absolutely amazing!
O.O

thank you! detail oriented...you know there is another word..anal..lol...:rockon:

NeonHurricane
07-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow gelflinggal, that's looking like it came right off the movie set. Yer hard work is payin off so far!

Aye aye!

Frida_chan
07-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Finallyy wore my Elizabeth Swann (chinese princess) :3
and I won 2nd place at the Starfest!! Im so happy!
yes, is disney's costume, but anyways, Im here to show you a pic!:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1148859 me with the prize
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Rida_chan/eliswann.jpg and fullshot :]
Hopeee you like it!

gelflinggal
07-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Wow gelflinggal, that's looking like it came right off the movie set. Yer hard work is payin off so far!

thank you Neon!

ugh back to work :)

Wediznutt
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Obessive Costuming Disorder! Attention to detail is what I say!

GG looking good!:rockon: Hope to see a partial costume at Comicon in San Diego!!!

P.S. I have so much leather and real life has taken over! I do promise to send you those photos.

P.S.2 Florida people (you know who you are) I am alive and recovering. Tennis elbow in each arm from too much leather working. Anti-inflammation drugs works wonders:bigtu: ...............getting too old!!! :bigcry: I have started the work though!!!! Now I know you guys want a deadline of August 18th!!!

Wediznutt
07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
For any of you that are here in southern California do you want to meet up for this classic Disney movie? It is playing at the old and fully restored Aero theater in Santa Monica, CA. Here is the info.....pirate attire preferred!

Saturday, July 14 – 7:30 PM

Double Feature Pirate Night – Kids, Dress As Pirates!

Restored 35mm Print! SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON, 1960, Disney, 126 min. Meet the original Robinsons! Ken Annakin (THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES) directs the adaptation of the Johann David Wyss novel. A Swiss family led by Father (John Mills) and Mother (Dorothy McGuire) traveling to New Guinea shipwrecks during a storm on a deserted tropical island. Father and Mother, along with their three sons (James MacArthur, Tommy Kirk, Kevin Corcoran) must work together to survive. Through high adventure filled with rogues, exotic animals and elaborate tree homes, the stranded family must persevere by building traps and shelter to battle off pirates led by the villainous Sessue Hayakawa (BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER KWAI) Also featuring Janet Munro (DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE), winner of the 1960 Golden Globe for most promising newcomer. Photographed by Harry Waxman (THE WICKER MAN).

Restored 35mm Print! TREASURE ISLAND, 1950, Disney, 96 min. Before Jack Sparrow there was Long John Silver, in the most famous pirate tale in history. Based on the classic novel by Robert Louis Stevenson. Byron Haskin (THE NAKED JUNGLE) directs Disney's first completely live action film starring Bobby Driscoll (SONG OF THE SOUTH) as Jim Hawkins and Robert Newton (ODD MAN OUT) as Long John Silver, the most iconographic scalawag of all time. Hawkins receives a treasure map from a dying man and with help from companions Squire Trelawney (Walter Fitzgerald, of DARBY O’GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE), Dr. Livesey (Dennis O'Dea, of SEA DEVILS), and Captain Smollett (Basil Sydney, of THE THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER), he sets sail on the high seas aboard the Hispaniola, in search of riches. Also onboard is the untrustworthy one legged Long John Silver. An uprising occurs on the ship and it's a fantastic battle for the wealth of Treasure Island. Also featuring Finlay Currie and Ralph Truman.

gelflinggal
07-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Obessive Costuming Disorder! Attention to detail is what I say!

GG looking good!:rockon: Hope to see a partial costume at Comicon in San Diego!!!

P.S. I have so much leather and real life has taken over! I do promise to send you those photos.

P.S.2 Florida people (you know who you are) I am alive and recovering. Tennis elbow in each arm from too much leather working. Anti-inflammation drugs works wonders:bigtu: ...............getting too old!!! :bigcry: I have started the work though!!!! Now I know you guys want a deadline of August 18th!!!

thanks W :) working away has been hurtin you lately huh? not good but the miracle of pain relievers!...ahh call me ambitious but I plan on having this costume done for Comic Con....now for some speed...lol...just kidding!

man I wish I could go see those two movies restored no less! love Swiss Family...was terribly saddened when they removed or "updated" the treehouse at D-land *sob* ahh well...:bigcry:

Lunacat1
07-02-2007, 05:32 PM

completed trim on coat:

wow!!!! i absolutly love it!!!! yours blows mine out of the water.....so much detail!!! great job!!!!! it looks just like hers!!!!

i haven't got that much finished on mine...so far i got a plain black jaket...but hey its a start...things have been soooo busy this past weekend...i work at a hotel and with it being holiday weekendand which includes fireworks and a carnival we were sold out!!!! ALL WEEKEND!!! it was a mad house and i put alot of hours in...i got off work today at 1pm and took a three hour nap and tomorrow i have off and plan on working on my costume....i can not wait thursday is payday!!!!!!!

KPSparrow189
07-02-2007, 08:53 PM
[/QUOTE]P.S.2 Florida people (you know who you are) I am alive and recovering. Tennis elbow in each arm from too much leather working. Anti-inflammation drugs works wonders:bigtu: ...............getting too old!!! :bigcry: I have started the work though!!!! Now I know you guys want a deadline of August 18th!!![/QUOTE]

We were worried about you Wedizi! Tennis elbow! From working with leather? Uh Oh, I feel totally responsible (and guilty:lost: ). Really, so sorry mate. The deadline for P&P is on 8/18, but don't kill yourself over it.
Drugs? Nah, lick more rocks. It helps all kinds of pirates with scurvy who feel sullied and unusual!

Frida_chan
07-03-2007, 01:04 AM
pf... im not from florida so im totally out of the conversation ;_; sob

gelflinggal
07-03-2007, 01:34 AM
wow!!!! i absolutly love it!!!! yours blows mine out of the water.....so much detail!!! great job!!!!! it looks just like hers!!!!

i haven't got that much finished on mine...so far i got a plain black jaket...but hey its a start...things have been soooo busy this past weekend...i work at a hotel and with it being holiday weekendand which includes fireworks and a carnival we were sold out!!!! ALL WEEKEND!!! it was a mad house and i put alot of hours in...i got off work today at 1pm and took a three hour nap and tomorrow i have off and plan on working on my costume....i can not wait thursday is payday!!!!!!!

Thanks Lunacat :) if you like the way mine turns out and need "advice" or help on any part feel free to ask I want to share with others:toothy:

lol KPSparrow...ok licking rocks *blech* nope not doing it...working on steam at the moment:spinner:

nah Frida I don't live in Florida...jump in the conversation anytime :)

Wediznutt
07-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Well most of you have seen me either in pics or in person carrying around my "Disney safe" jar of dirt.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Mickeys%20DCA/CIMG7204_exposure-resized.jpg

A plastic container with a foam heart.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Mickeys%20DCA/CIMG7221_exposure_resize.jpg

Well the upgrade process has begun on this fine DMC prop.

The boring before pictures of a "heartless" heart!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1279_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1284_resize.jpg

The upgraded "barnacled" heart of Davy Jones!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1285_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1286_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1287_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1288_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Davy%20Jones%20heart/CIMG1289_resize.jpg

gelflinggal
07-05-2007, 01:51 AM
great another ewww moment from the Wediznutt man himself! you are king supreme great job!:bigtu:

well I'm two steps closer to having that *beeeep* coat done *hee hee*
I've got the front finished::rockon:

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0703bike0003.JPG

just have to do a little touch up here and there and have the back mostly done:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0703bike0001.JPG

closeup:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/2007_0703bike0002.JPG
when I get done with this short update I'll be going back to finish the very top of the "top" design *yay!*

then I can heat set it and line the coat (tomorrow,tomorrow)

well I'm bleary eyed but got to get back to work ya'll :):sleep:

Lunacat1
07-05-2007, 11:18 AM
AMAZING!!!!! gelflinggal great job!!!

NeonHurricane
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
That's it... you must be sneaking into Disney's costuming dept. or something...

;)

gelflinggal
07-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks Lunacat and Neon...LOL...oh that was funny what a picture...*gelflinggal, after weeks of online hacking into the Disney corporation computer network, locates the duplicate costumes from the film AWE, and sneaks into the location takes a bunch of pictures then quietly leaves slipping into the darkness...with the only incriminating evidence of...a nearly but not quite duplicate costume**bum bum bum bum* LOL

hopefully pics of the completed coat lining and all tonite...then the leather work ahhhhh!

Wediznutt
07-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Melekileki savvy?

I got to hold the actual Cannibal Jack Sparrow prop!!!:rockon: Now I can make my own with these great photos!!:rockon:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Movieprop01_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Movieprop02_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Movieprop04_resize.jpg

Well actually it is really mine! I lied!:crylaugh:

The real Captain Jack Sparrow Cannibal Scepter!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Sceptercrop.jpg

And a few in the construction phase! I purchased some of the feathers without knowing that they online store actually sold them with bias tape. About 1/2 of the feathers I purchased needed to have bias tape glued to the ends to hold the threaded feathers together!

Bias tape assembly!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Biastape01_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Biastape02_resize.jpg

There bias tape pre-assembled!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Biastape03_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Biastape04_resize.jpg

Bias tape comparison on black feathers!
Top mine, bottem premade!
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/?action=view&current=Biastape06_resize.jpg

Sorry I didn't get dressed up in my entire costume but it was late at night when I finished this past Friday! The entire scepter!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Closeup_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Complete_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Movieprop05_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Peekaboo01_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Peekaboo03_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Peekaboo04_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Peekaboo05_resize.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/sakodasan/Cannibal%20Jack/Scepter/Tophalf_resize.jpg

gelflinggal
07-09-2007, 01:18 AM
well that looks just awesome W...what else do you have in mind to add to the costume??

very very cool...every time I look at that thing in the movie I think "duster"...lol

Wediznutt
07-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Yes wifey said the same! She said now I can get all the high places in our house.

I still have the Cannibal Jack crown/headpiece to finish. I have most of the parts but I need to go raid a palm tree for some of the mesh-like bark that covers the old branches as well as carving up a foam skull. I also need to construct two human vertebra and ribs out of Celluclay!

After that I may need to modify my Cannibal Jack toe necklace using some other material that I found that is like Celluclay but it is much smoother. It already comes premixed and is wet.

gelflinggal
07-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes wifey said the same! She said now I can get all the high places in our house.

I still have the Cannibal Jack crown/headpiece to finish. I have most of the parts but I need to go raid a palm tree for some of the mesh-like bark that covers the old branches as well as carving up a foam skull. I also need to construct two human vertebra and ribs out of Celluclay!

After that I may need to modify my Cannibal Jack toe necklace using some other material that I found that is like Celluclay but it is much smoother. It already comes premixed and is wet.

and what is this new miracle stuff that you'll be using as a medium for the new toes??

oh my goodness more work...will this be in time for Halloween? what would be more ideal than Cannibal Jack and the ghoulishness of those pieces....:toothy:

gelflinggal
07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
new update:

got the panels mostly done (finishing touches can wait)...you know the panels on the belt? lol

first I made a template and cut out 2 "side panels" and one "back panel":

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0001.JPG

I roughened up the vinyl to prepare for gluing (yes I glued these together!):
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0003.JPG

I added a croco vinyl to the base vinyl around three edges:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0007.JPG

I then used my template to transfer placing lines for the edge trim:

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0011.JPG

I then cut out 2 different set of "strips" for the side detail....I stitched the smallest ones in half and then stitched to the larger strip...after that I then glued the larger one...basically it looked like this:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0013.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0012.JPG

I glued the scales onto the panel after having cut them out using a template each panel has 15-16 rows of scales...I then glued the "strips" onto the sides:

http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0014.JPG

once that was done I added a cotton backing to the piece so as not to rub the coat apart and to cover the unsightly naga part of the hyde *ha*:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0015.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0016.JPG

finally I added an additional strip across the top and used synthetic sinew for the stitch detail (forgot pics), the finished project looks like this:
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0017.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/anovelich/asianpirateliz/lizpanels0018.JPG

the back panel is in the middle and is slightly wider than the side panels...just can't tell with this picture...they're also slightly tapered like the original however because of the angles I look like I made straight rectangles :)

ok back to work with me...belt... bracers....shoes....hat...and lining....con 2 weeks...check :bigcry:

Moon Prince
07-11-2007, 06:24 PM
that is going to turn out so great! I do hope I see you wandering the the dealer's room saturday? I would so love to see it in person!

great job. I would never have the patience... well, it would just take me a very long time...

say, can anybody give me some links to pics of "rescue Jack" elizabeth? I just need some head to toe details...

gelflinggal
07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
that is going to turn out so great! I do hope I see you wandering the the dealer's room saturday? I would so love to see it in person!

great job. I would never have the patience... well, it would just take me a very long time...

say, can anybody give me some links to pics of "rescue Jack" elizabeth? I just need some head to toe details...

thank you :)

no unfortunately my day Saturday will be busy with the masquerade all day for the most part...won't have time to wear the costume then...I'll be wearing it Friday...possibly thursday....:)

rescue jack costume...splain a bit I may help :):toothy:

Moon Prince
07-12-2007, 03:54 AM
awww. I never attend the Masq.. I hate having only one day. and it's saturday. I miss all my friends at the con too. :bigcry:

the clothes she is wearing when they 'rescue' Jack...

gelflinggal
07-12-2007, 10:34 AM
awww. I never attend the Masq.. I hate having only one day. and it's saturday. I miss all my friends at the con too. :bigcry:

the clothes she is wearing when they 'rescue' Jack...

Oh goodness...you have to cram everything in one day...I see...have fun anyways no matter what! I'm sure your friends will be there too don't be so down :)

ahhh...there are a few pictures here:

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3_gray.shtml

she's wearing pants top a sash and epaulet armour all Chinese in look (obviously right? :) )...the material would be a silk/wool blend....the sash would be silk as well....that armour would be easy to make I've seen some tutorials for that style on the web...

Moon Prince
07-14-2007, 12:59 AM
thanks.. now to search for armor making tutorials... *sigh*

basically, I have a wig from another costume and boots... so I decided to try making Elizabeth. I wanted to make P-King, but i don't have the detail skills... so it's the 'rescue jack' or disguise from DMC

djsequence
07-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Awww these are amazing! I wish I had the time to make more Pirates outfits for moi. But I must do outfits for other people. Summer is a busy time for the theatre biz... *le tear*

NeonHurricane
07-14-2007, 07:19 PM
basically, I have a wig from another costume and boots... so I decided to try making Elizabeth. I wanted to make P-King, but i don't have the detail skills... so it's the 'rescue jack' or disguise from DMC

You mean to tell me you're not doing Singapore Bathhouse Lizzie? ;)

shmup-o
07-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I've been researching like crazy for an impromptu Sparrow costume for Gen Con, and of course me being my obsessive self, it's turned into "how accurate can I make the costume without spending a zillion dollars on Ebay". I can't figure everything out though, so I figured I'd ask people who have already done this sort of thing. ;)

The buttons on the vest are termed the "Silversmith" and seem to be available at a lot of retail stores. However, I can't seem to find them in metal, only in plastic. Does anyone know if the official CJS vest had plastic or metal buttons?

Also, does anyone have a reference photo or a link to the buttons on the pants? I can't seem to find any information on the pants buttons anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

gelflinggal
07-16-2007, 12:14 AM
for those of you who have used leather...do you have any tips?? I've read the info over at alleycatscratch.com and seems straightforward enough...I'm running out of time and have a lot to do....but I'm scared to make the belt!

tips? tips anyone?

and shmup-o (Andy) have you visited potccostuming group on yahoo? also...have you gone to costumersguide.com and looked at the photos there??

that's a place to start :)

Wediznutt
07-16-2007, 01:56 AM
[QUOTE=shmup-o;1996224]The buttons on the vest are termed the "Silversmith" and seem to be available at a lot of retail stores. However, I can't seem to find them in metal, only in plastic. Does anyone know if the official CJS vest had plastic or metal buttons?[\quote]

Here is what you seek.

http://www.faireware.com/pics/Buttons/J92545.jpg

Silversmith buttons are made of pewter or metal plated with pewter. You can find them at Joanns for about $3.50 for two. Make sure you get the size 7/8 inch diameter.

[QUOTE=shmup-o;1996224]Also, does anyone have a reference photo or a link to the buttons on the pants? I can't seem to find any information on the pants buttons anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.[\quote]

The buttons on the drop front breeches are very hard to see even from screengrabs from the movie. The buttons on the waist are covered by the sash, baldric, etc. so it is very hard to see. Also the buttons down the side of the leg (near knee) are also hard to see since they are tucked into the boot.

I would just go with a plain, inexpensive pewter/metal button.

http://www.najecki.com/repro/buttons/Plain/PF1-10.html

sparrowfan
07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=shmup-o;1996224]

i believe all the buttons are brassy in color,

i own both sithcamaro & sithworld's screen accurate linen pants, and the buttons/fabric they use are exactly the same, so try that, i guess that would be your best bet. :)

Kiwi54
07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
OKy finaly got most of my Tia/Calypso pics up. These are supposed to be the ones form when she's in the opening scene and where she's in disguise as the blind woman and the scene where she's locked in the brig.

Soon to come "Frozen Hai Peng Tia"

gelflinggal
07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
OKy finaly got most of my Tia/Calypso pics up. These are supposed to be the ones form when she's in the opening scene and where she's in disguise as the blind woman and the scene where she's locked in the brig.

Soon to come "Frozen Hai Peng Tia"

oh those are really great! great expressions too!

I'm so impressed with everyone here and their work...:bigtu:

shmup-o
07-16-2007, 10:22 PM
The buttons on the vest are termed the "Silversmith" and seem to be available at a lot of retail stores. However, I can't seem to find them in metal, only in plastic. Does anyone know if the official CJS vest had plastic or metal buttons?

Here is what you seek.

http://www.faireware.com/pics/Buttons/J92545.jpg

Silversmith buttons are made of pewter or metal plated with pewter. You can find them at Joanns for about $3.50 for two. Make sure you get the size 7/8 inch diameter.

Yeah, I actually found them at Joann, Hancock, and Wal-Mart, but only Hancock had the 7/8 inch. However, I thought that they weren't metal because they weren't magnetic... but if they're pewter then they're not magnetic! Now I just need to try and cut the back of one to make sure.

Also, does anyone have a reference photo or a link to the buttons on the pants? I can't seem to find any information on the pants buttons anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

The buttons on the drop front breeches are very hard to see even from screengrabs from the movie. The buttons on the waist are covered by the sash, baldric, etc. so it is very hard to see. Also the buttons down the side of the leg (near knee) are also hard to see since they are tucked into the boot.

That's what they looked like to me too. Thanks for the help!

shmup-o
07-16-2007, 10:25 PM
i believe all the buttons are brassy in color,

i own both sithcamaro & sithworld's screen accurate linen pants, and the buttons/fabric they use are exactly the same, so try that, i guess that would be your best bet. :)

Looks like I posted too soon... they both had brass looking buttons? Is there any way you'd be able to post a picture of them?

sparrowfan
07-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Looks like I posted too soon... they both had brass looking buttons? Is there any way you'd be able to post a picture of them?

yeah, they both use old brassy/goldish buttons for their breeches
i'll need to get a camera. lol

Iyouboushi
07-18-2007, 02:43 AM
This may sound a little.. silly.. but there's 150 pages to read and that's going to take a pretty long time. Is there a page within this thread where a comprehensive set of links has been posted for those who want to get started on their Jack costume?

If not, can someone gather up the best links and post them all in one post? (ideally in the first post, but anywhere would be great.. just so that they're all in one spot.) If that's out of the question.. uhh.. I guess I'll start reading.

But just skimming a few pages here and there and looking at some of the pics, you guys look awesome. I swear, in some of those pics I would have mistaken you all for Johnny himself. That's freakin amazing.

Scurvy Dog
07-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Well I am in the process of redoing my Jack Sparrow coat, I am making one that is WAY MORE accurate than my last one. Got the fabric and am in the process. Does anyone have any info on the Button Ring yet? Like if Disney is actually going to offer it, or should I just wait and get the MR version?

Wediznutt
07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
The Black Pearl will be at Comic Con!!!!

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12488.html

Scurvy Dog
07-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Added a photo to my gallery....please let me know what you think.

gelflinggal
07-21-2007, 02:44 AM
The Black Pearl will be at Comic Con!!!!

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12488.html

:eek: :mfg: *passes out*

I BETTER get my costume done!!

gelflinggal
07-26-2007, 12:07 AM
well I have a photoshoot at 12 on Friday at comic con and was wondering if anyone who will be at this event would like to meet up early evening like since I've got to check in at the hotel at 3 pm...so go ahead and drop me a line and we'll work the details out :)

Moon Prince
07-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I am leaving my house about 6:30 am... Saturday. I should be at the center around 9... and probably wandering at about 11am.

I'm not going to be cosplaying unfortunately... I'll be wearing my pink converse shoes and have a "Jack Sparrow" messenger bag.

It would be nice to meet y'all.

NeonHurricane
07-28-2007, 05:46 AM
My my has this thread been quiet. Well, just chiming in to mention something I noticed.

Because I have to in a sense "paint" on my facial hair at the moment, I found something quite interesting. It seems that the thickness of the moustache can actually greatly change how "Sparrowlike" you look. Yeah, that subtle difference can actually really change he Jack-ish appearance. So if you ever stare in the mirror and ponder "hmm, can I improve my Jack-ness?," try growin (or any other way, more crepe wool or whatever you use) out yer whiskers!

Anyways, I'm pumped for P&P! Can't wait to swagger through Adventureland in Captain Jack's shoes... er.. boots... So some of us 'ere are meeting on the 18th correct? Lookin' forward to seeing ye! And a shout out to all who are going to comic-con, have fun!