PDA

View Full Version : Masq Feedback

MagentaFox
07-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering what people thought of the Masq. Yes it was late, we all know that, so let's accept that a given.

A lot of singing. Everyone who went up did a great job with their musical number, but a word of advice from watching you all. You don't have to finish the song. After about 2 minutes people will get bored, especially if you're a stand-and-sing musical number. I did genuinly find you all to be talented, but short IS sweet.

Major LOL to "You're playying horribly" "Are you calling me short?!"

YAY dancing Lee!!!

But I felt the Voldo was gipped like crazy. He was covered in body paint, fishnets and a GOLD... well... you know...:untrust: I mean, I know I'm not to cosplay judge here AT ALL, but he was a fan favorite and that costume was psychotically good in my opinion.

Only three awards? I'm guessing it had to do with prize money. Personally I find awards are more about the recognition. I've never even actually claimed my prizes. I think there needed to be a best dance number, best musical performance, Honorable Mention skit, 2nd place skit and 1st place skit. AT LEAST. A certificate with nice caligraphy or an impressive-looking ribbon means more ot me than a DVD I can buy with my own money if I want to.

My friends and I entered as Journeymen, but were told not enough people filled the category. Did ANYONE else apply as a higher level? I'm curious.

And now what did you think of the costumes, skits and the overall event?

Shiro
07-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Some of the skits did drag, and I'm kicking myself because of it. On the site it said there was a 3 minute time limit, so I cut 49 seconds out of the Final Fantasy skit to get it the right length, and I had to sacrifice my favorite bit of the skit, as well as some better comedic timing. Ah well, I suppose it didn't really matter since we wouldn't have gotten a chance to do it right anyway because our FFXI guy was stuck in an elevator when we were supposed to practice, but . . .

Also, I dont know if it was because it was the only song I recognized when people sang, but that Luna singing that Sailor Moon song was like . . . wow. And people waved their cell phones like it was a concert and stuff . . . That was really nice.

(And while it was funny, I thought that Ultimate Anime Showdown skit was a little too gimmicky for my tastes . . . Eh, next year my friends and I will rehearse many times before the con . . . I'll make sure of it.)

Zepka's_Hollow
07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
i woulkd have to say that the masq was really good. To my friends who did the CN PG naruto skit, you guys were awsome. im sorry that the audio wasnt loud enough in some parts, that kind of stunk. but overall the skit was awsome!!!!!

The Guy who was two skits ahead of them, the gravitation guy who sang. dude if you read this, you were FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!. i loved all the skits and the walk ons we pretty good too.

also...and i think everyone agrees, that the belly dancer ruled!!!1

Adara
07-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I think there was way too much singing. Everyone who went up did an amazing job, but after the first few people it gets kind of old. x_X

I was surprised that there was only three awards, too. There should have been more categories. I think a few more skits really deserved recognition.

The only thing that really bothered me (besides how long it took to actually get in..) was that a lot of the skits had very poor sound quality. I mean, if you're not going to record it ahead of time, you should at least really try to project your voice and make sure you're heard. For a few skits, I didn't have a clue what they were saying, even though I was sitting in the third row right in front of the stage.

Overall, I think it was pretty good, and way better than last year's. Nice job to everyone who performed ^_^

Fearix
07-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I was a little surprised that that the Ultimate Showdown song won 1st place. I didn't think they were a horrible skit but I think there were a couple of other skits that should have gotten the recognition. I guess my only real problem with the Ultimate Showdown was that there was not very much choreography to it and it the sound kind of tore at my ears... But congrats to them regardless. I was in the Masquerade myself with a couple of other people, but I wasn't expecting to win. I just do it for the sake of putting on a good show. ^^

I really enjoyed the the Rock Lee skit and I'm glad that it got recognized. However, it's too bad that the "Dude That Looks Like A Lady" song didn't win anything. And I also agree that Voldo got gipped. Did you guys know that this was his first con and costume? That's some freaking talent right there!

Mystic Blossom
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
My friends who did the FMA skit (with the flute-playing Ed), were apparantly told that there was no craftsmanship judging for skits, which I know is wrong. So that was kind of sucky for them. I liked the craftsmanship judges better than the ones from last year, but I think the organization of the whole event could have better. For example, we could have NOT started a whole hour behind schedule. -_-

Uchiha Nick
07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
lol hey guys, I apologize for singing. I was the guy who sang "Shining Collection". To be completely honest I didn't come to Connecticon with the intention of even being in the masquerade. I actually signed up to sing that for personal redemption. For those of you who came to the "Anime Dating Game" on friday might have seen the really bad performance that our Bad Luck band put on. Most of the band were back ups and we really didnt have much time to practice. So we Sucked.
So the masquerade was kind of a thing to redeem myself. I felt really bad for putting on such a bad performance the day before. I think I even told Brian "the guy I think that was in charge of the masq" that I didn't want to be judged. I just had to do it to prove myself something.
Anyway, The masquerade was enjoyable. It started late but so does EVERY masquerade LOL. My personal favorite skit was the one with the Dancing Rock Lee. oh... and of course that Sexy Leia XD

Uchiha Nick
07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
The Guy who was two skits ahead of them, the gravitation guy who sang. dude if you read this, you were FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!.

Thanks a lot man!! That means a lot to me. I am actually starting a Band and we are going to be touring cons and performing more "Nittle Grasper" songs along with other Anime opening songs. So hopefully you will see more one day LOL

ALSO OMG HOW DID VOLDO NOT WIN A "BEST COSTUME EVER" AWARD?!
His costume was dead on. The body paint, the thong, the weapons, the walk, the victory poses... He even shaved his head!! He was fantastic.
I dont know if you noticed but when they were panning around the winners at the end he was even doing one of the voldo victory poses. God he was awesome.

SakuraBubbles
07-10-2006, 12:44 PM
At first, I thought that the people who DID win first place only won because it was their first costumes, but now that I know that the Voldo cosplayer was also his first time AND convention... it really doesn't match up. However, we shouldn't hate on those who did win first place, because it's not like they decided it. ... And don't hate on the judges, there's nothing we can do. .... Don't hate anybody. D:

But the good thing is that the Voldo cosplayer really got a lot of attention and wasn't mean or anything. Like, he wasn't full of himself, so he did a lot of funky stuff, like humping MisaMisa to death in the Chess Game. XD I dunno, sometimes the awards don't matter. If he had a blast, made a lot of friends, and did a bunch of cool stuff with other cosplayers, then that's really what counts, in my opinion.

And his walk was amazing.

MagentaFox
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks a lot man!! That means a lot to me. I am actually starting a Band and we are going to be touring cons and performing more "Nittle Grasper" songs along with other Anime opening songs. So hopefully you will see more one day LOL

His costume was dead on. The body paint, the thong, the weapons, the walk, the victory poses... He even shaved his head!! He was fantastic.
I dont know if you noticed but when they were panning around the winners at the end he was even doing one of the voldo victory poses. God he was awesome.

I don't know... I just don't.

I do know my friend the Misa is STILL talking about how amazing you are...

Michieru
07-10-2006, 01:09 PM
At first, I thought that the people who DID win first place only won because it was their first costumes, but now that I know that the Voldo cosplayer was also his first time AND convention... it really doesn't match up. However, we shouldn't hate on those who did win first place, because it's not like they decided it. ... And don't hate on the judges, there's nothing we can do. .... Don't hate anybody. D:

But the good thing is that the Voldo cosplayer really got a lot of attention and wasn't mean or anything. Like, he wasn't full of himself, so he did a lot of funky stuff, like humping MisaMisa to death in the Chess Game. XD I dunno, sometimes the awards don't matter. If he had a blast, made a lot of friends, and did a bunch of cool stuff with other cosplayers, then that's really what counts, in my opinion.

And his walk was amazing.
actually, the guy who cosplayed as Voldo almost didn't made it into the cosplay chess. If it wasn't for my idea to use him as a summon, he wouldn't have been there. Sometimes the people don't tell others to show up right on time or else face risking out of the event. I was the guy who cosplayed as the hero, though I went down with a major crash when Bakura summoned his friend and whammed me.:skidude2:

SakuraBubbles
07-10-2006, 01:11 PM
actually, the guy who cosplayed as Voldo almost didn't made it into the cosplay chess. If it wasn't for my idea to use him as a summon, he wouldn't have been there. Sometimes the people don't tell others to show up right on time or else face risking out of the event. I was the guy who cosplayed as the hero, though I went down with a major crash when Bakura summoned his friend and whammed me.:skidude2:

I realize that. :b I was a summon, too, for Hohenhiem when he lost against... someone. I shot Hughes. :3

Actually, I thought it was pretty funny when Misa was against The Hero because he doesn't have a name, after all... so she can't kill him. XD Great cosplay, by the way, but I didn't like the game very much. I'll try it again someday, honest.

Uchiha Nick
07-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't know... I just don't.

I do know my friend the Misa is STILL talking about how amazing you are...

*melts* thank u!!! You two were awesome too!!! You make such a great Raito ^_^

penny_dreadful
07-10-2006, 03:49 PM
A lot of singing. Everyone who went up did a great job with their musical number, but a word of advice from watching you all. You don't have to finish the song. After about 2 minutes people will get bored, especially if you're a stand-and-sing musical number. I did genuinly find you all to be talented, but short IS sweet.

I concur; although I loved the songs, they can be edited or cut short to maintain audience interest.

But I felt the Voldo was gipped like crazy. He was covered in body paint, fishnets and a GOLD... well... you know...:untrust: I mean, I know I'm not to cosplay judge here AT ALL, but he was a fan favorite and that costume was psychotically good in my opinion.

I totally agree; what did it for me was, not only was it a phenomenal costume, but he maintained character every moment that he was on stage. He moved right, he even stood still right. He deserved more than he got.

Not that I know anything about audio, but sometimes people who had chosen to pre-record their dialogue were undecipherable due to bad audio, and sometimes people who were speaking couldn't project enough to be heard, either. Sadly, I probably missed out on a few good lines because I couldn't hear them clearly.

Was it just me, or were the first two AMVs a little bloody-- especially the second one? I was disturbed by it and I'm 24; I can't imagine it being really appropriate for a young child to see. Most little kids were probably in bed by then but I personally found them a little too graphic for a family atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I thought they were terrific (the first one was quite beautiful, in its own way), but maybe some indication should've been given that there was some graphic content so any parents could get youngsters out of the room.

--Penny

penny_dreadful
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Also, I dont know if it was because it was the only song I recognized when people sang, but that Luna singing that Sailor Moon song was like . . . wow. And people waved their cell phones like it was a concert and stuff . . . That was really nice.

What I loved even more about that was how she clearly responded to the enthusiasm the audience showed, and by the end she had gained a lot more confidence and was belting it out. Good for her.

--Penny

SakuraBubbles
07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Was it just me, or were the first two AMVs a little bloody-- especially the second one? I was disturbed by it and I'm 24; I can't imagine it being really appropriate for a young child to see. Most little kids were probably in bed by then but I personally found them a little too graphic for a family atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I thought they were terrific (the first one was quite beautiful, in its own way), but maybe some indication should've been given that there was some graphic content so any parents could get youngsters out of the room.

--Penny

The Elfein Leid or however you spell it one made me nauseous and actually brought me to tears. Not because it was scary, but because of the blood and the kids beating the dog and such. I just can't handle that sort of stuff.

However, that's not the AMV makers fault, it's really just the way the show is. The creepiest part is that someone in an LJ RP I'm in just took up the character depicted in the AMV. D:

penny_dreadful
07-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm not saying it was the AMV maker's fault, or that it shouldn't have been included, but a little advance warning would've been nice so squeamish people or those with impressionable youngters in tow could've skipped out.

--PD

sakuralyuy
07-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not saying it was the AMV maker's fault, or that it shouldn't have been included, but a little advance warning would've been nice so squeamish people or those with impressionable youngters in tow could've skipped out.

--PD

I agree with PD. It not to point any fingers or lessen all the work the AMV maker too in his/her creation. But like the FMA Movie AMV, which he clearly stated it was full of spoilers, the other creators could had done the same with the graphic nature of the videos. Now normally in bigger, older conventions such AMVs would had been clearly identified as graphic in nature or not showned during the intermission of the masquerade because they want to try to keep it as family friendly as possible.

But that is my two cents.

SakuraBubbles
07-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Agreed. I guess it's just something to keep in mind next time around.

Also, that FMA AMV won another award at Anime Boston... so it really shouldn't have been shown. It was still funny this time around, so I could care less, but isn't that against the rules?

Mystic Blossom
07-10-2006, 05:35 PM
As far as I know, entering an AMV into more than one contest and winning more than one award isn't against any rules. Especially since AMV's take months, sometimes years, to put together, and the entries have to be mailed in way before the convention, so it was probably entered at Connecticon before it was shown at Anime Boston.

SakuraBubbles
07-10-2006, 05:36 PM
:O That's a good point. It was just something I heard, is all.

time.distortion
07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
lol hey guys, I apologize for singing. I was the guy who sang "Shining Collection". To be completely honest I didn't come to Connecticon with the intention of even being in the masquerade. I actually signed up to sing that for personal redemption. For those of you who came to the "Anime Dating Game" on friday might have seen the really bad performance that our Bad Luck band put on. Most of the band were back ups and we really didnt have much time to practice. So we Sucked.
So the masquerade was kind of a thing to redeem myself. I felt really bad for putting on such a bad performance the day before. I think I even told Brian "the guy I think that was in charge of the masq" that I didn't want to be judged. I just had to do it to prove myself something.
Anyway, The masquerade was enjoyable. It started late but so does EVERY masquerade LOL. My personal favorite skit was the one with the Dancing Rock Lee. oh... and of course that Sexy Leia XD

o_o Do NOT apologize for singing! I thought that skit was awesome, you really put some feeling into it and didn't just stand there. You used up the space well.. I especially loved it when you took the mic and pointed at the crowd. I think I died just then. XD

MagentaFox
07-10-2006, 08:30 PM
As far as I know, entering an AMV into more than one contest and winning more than one award isn't against any rules. Especially since AMV's take months, sometimes years, to put together, and the entries have to be mailed in way before the convention, so it was probably entered at Connecticon before it was shown at Anime Boston.

Well what do you know, you're right. I read over the rules and it doesn't say anything about that, so it didn't violate the rules. However, it is a personal gripe of mine, and I DO understand the time put into AMVs, I'm a creator. However, I wasn't in the AB or CTicon contests, so I'm not bitter or biased, but most cons don't let you win your second top prize for one video. I know (I think) at least Anime Boston, Anime Next and Otakon don't.

I liked the videos that won, but they didn't follow the rules. I had stuff I wanted to submit that I couldn't because of these rules, and they when I found out they weren't actually followed, I was a little personally ticked off.

Explicit lyrics, violence, or sexual content may be grounds for disqualification.

This is an AMV contest, and therefore your submission must have both anime and music. If your video consists mainly of non-anime footage then your video will be disqualified. Video game footage, however, is perfectly fine.
As much as I was in hysterics at the Naruto video, there was no music. Trailors at least have background tracks.

I'm not trying to say anyone shouldn't have won or anything like that, I'm just saying the rules ned to be rewritten so I know that a bloody Resident Evil video CAN make it in to the contest.

TheAnarCHris
07-10-2006, 08:37 PM
:O That's a good point. It was just something I heard, is all.

It's more of an unspoken word of honor. Same with the artist contests and masquerades supposely...

Regarding Elfen Lied, after seeing the entire series, the creator was definetly pulling sum punches in the AMV. But someone in the staff should have def. posted a warning of sorts, what with the blood and the exploding a the killer chobit, and there was a 3 maybe 4 year old sitting across from me holding her pikachu doll.

Back to the actual masq.

-Note there were only 35 acts. Half on them were walk ons, which were competing for craftmanship. Then there were 5 singing acts, which not for nothing, if you're gonna compete in the masq for signing, your better off entering the karoake contest for that sort of thing, which is the rule for most major con's masquerades...unless you're Nick, who was just singing, quite well I may add, for the hell of it. But from there,that makes like only 15 skits, with 3 awards to be given. Sounds pretty accurate, given the fact that this con just came back from the verge of obivilion.

-Regarding the Ultimate Showdown Skit, it totally deserved that award. First off, they were young'uns, and managed to put together a more amusing skit than the majority of the older performers there. 2nd, they re-did an entire song, hand drew their entire background, and edited the whole thing pretty well, something a lot of other ppl had major problems doing apparently, they get major props. Plus they had Chuck Norris, something the other skits lacked.

-Thanks a lot for the ninja love, despite the fact I did very little in that skit (T'was the Sasuke). Our Ji-arl came up with the concept, Rock supplied the sweet dance moves, and Kakashi was a much needed last minute addition, who pretty much 0wned the con.

-The only thing I wish the judges did was tell us why they made the choices they did. I've judged a masq or two in the past, and we made it a point to explain why certain skits/costumes won what they won. Personally I agree, there should have been a seperation of craftsmanship and masquerade. Or at least a hallway contest.

-Leia was stupid hot. The pics of us Narutards bowing to her hotness should be posted shortly. Definetly a nice change to the yaoi fanservice seen in the majority of con masq.

MagentaFox
07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Leia was stupid hot.

Yes... yes she was. If anyone dare say she didn't deserve her award I'll E-kick them.

Hiro_01
07-11-2006, 03:03 PM

actually i think he did win because he won some kind of costume dudging thing didn't he? it was really weird because they wanted at first, for us all to do a walk on, but then it was just like they called one person to the stage and i was lik "hah? that's it?" i was clearly cunfused.

but not disapointed. i'm glad he won and i'm pretty sure i was close behind him. and nick you were awseome like i said when you asked. you owned! I hope we can put something to gether for next year, maybe like a Ranged Beat number or something. that would be so much fun

but they should have worned us squall people about that first i was so disapointed through the night with a lot of things but that just was like 'grr'

Rath Illucer
07-11-2006, 07:08 PM
eh - haha, er - just wondering but... *sweatdrops* Did anyone actualy like our skit? (The Riku trying to pass off as Hitsugaya, and Female Renji one?) Could you people even hear it? Just wondering - no one's gotten a vid up or anything of our group yet (needs to talk to sakura...) so?

MagentaFox
07-11-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't mean to sound like a snob, but in all honesty the only (non singing) skits I could understand were the 3 that won something and our own.

penny_dreadful
07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
eh - haha, er - just wondering but... *sweatdrops* Did anyone actualy like our skit? (The Riku trying to pass off as Hitsugaya, and Female Renji one?) Could you people even hear it? Just wondering - no one's gotten a vid up or anything of our group yet (needs to talk to sakura...) so?

I did have trouble hearing your skit, like Magenta Fox, but aside from that I was not familiar with the series you were from so everything I did catch went over my head.

--Penny

cyankirby
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
First of all congrats to all the winners! :bigtu: It was a really tough decision for each of the contests but we went with the ones we felt deserved the awards the most. :)

Im response to being able to understand the skits, our tech staff did the best they could with the cds that they were provided with. High quality recordings yield better audio :)
Both the first place and honorable mention costumes were first time costumes. And both were fantastic. All of the competitor's costumes were fantastic. But keep in mind the judges did get a chance to get a really close look at all the costumes.
The ultimate showdown skit was enjoyable as well as creative. In general thats a good combonation for anything.
In response to the awards, last year too many awards were given out so we tried to balance the # of awards with the # of competitors.

cyankirby
07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
My friends who did the FMA skit (with the flute-playing Ed), were apparantly told that there was no craftsmanship judging for skits, which I know is wrong. So that was kind of sucky for them. I liked the craftsmanship judges better than the ones from last year, but I think the organization of the whole event could have better. For example, we could have NOT started a whole hour behind schedule. -_-
The craftsmanship judging is seperate from the skits just as performance awards are different then craftsmanship awards. The craftsmanship participants did walk-ons but they were judged ahead of time. Anyone who wanted to enter the craftsmanship judging even with the same costume as a skit were welcome to and some people did. The rules do vary from con to con as everyone knows. :)
And as for the late start it was a combonation on things going past their scheduled time, last minute entries, miscommunication etc. but overall things went smoothly after the snags at the beginning were worked out.

neoangelwink
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM
^_^ i just in joy watching, mostly i think the masquerade was the biggest high light for me. some big cons i have gone to had really poor skits. but this was pretty good. for cons so new and small. >.> but they still need a hall cosplay.

been to masquerades that had 30 walk on and 5 skit. it get painful to watch.

Rath Illucer
07-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't mean to sound like a snob, but in all honesty the only (non singing) skits I could understand were the 3 that won something and our own.
I did have trouble hearing your skit, like Magenta Fox, but aside from that I was not familiar with the series you were from so everything I did catch went over my head.

--Penny
aa -_- thanks tho - we'd never been on stage before and had no way of pre rec. though we'd actualy been hoping to find some way to since we were very worried about the mike situation. (we also had tried to get as close as possible to the mikes onstage, but had ABSOLUTLY no way to know how loud we were ... we'd REALY been needing the practice that never happened) Also unfortunatly Bleach isn't so mainstream yet - we were aware of that, but considering we'd come up with our ending about... 5 min before we lined up..... i think we tried ^ ^ (we'll be hoping to do better next year, there were too many last minute schedual and technical difficulties this - ) Ands btw, ^ ^ Did you know that poster took over 8 hrs straight just to color?

Zedsan_Kenobi
07-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen or heard about it yet, but on youtube there are some cool vids of picture slide shows and even some skit clips.

Anyone know of anyone who managed to get full vids of the Masquerade? I so far have the full Ultimate Showdown Skit, Belly Dancing Leia, the Sailor Moon skit, and a clip of the anti-CN Naruto skit...but have yet to find the Aqua Teen Naruto Force - Super Flashdance skit which i was a part of (I was kakashi). Anyone?

Kensan

Shiro
07-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd kill for a copy of the FF 7 versus 11 skit . . . Mostly because I'm in it, but still . . .

penny_dreadful
07-15-2006, 09:41 AM
aa -_- thanks tho - we'd never been on stage before and had no way of pre rec. though we'd actualy been hoping to find some way to since we were very worried about the mike situation. (we also had tried to get as close as possible to the mikes onstage, but had ABSOLUTLY no way to know how loud we were ... we'd REALY been needing the practice that never happened) Also unfortunatly Bleach isn't so mainstream yet - we were aware of that, but considering we'd come up with our ending about... 5 min before we lined up..... i think we tried ^ ^ (we'll be hoping to do better next year, there were too many last minute schedual and technical difficulties this - ) Ands btw, ^ ^ Did you know that poster took over 8 hrs straight just to color?

Actually, I'm reading Bleach right now but I'm only on the 6th volume. Hurnh.

Despite my years of theater I'm still sucky at projecting, but as a tip (and this goes to all other people who plan on performing skits), it helps to kind of pitch your body toward the audience-- don't face the person you're dialoguing with directly, but stand on a kind of diagonal so that the audience can see your expressions and your movements better, and your voice carries further off the stage. It takes practice to learn how to project, and a lot of it requires using techniques you don't normally use when you're speaking. There's a difference between projecting your voice and shouting, and you have to learn how to breathe properly and utilize your diaphragm (it's a body part, not a contraceptive device) in order to make your voice carry without being mic'ed.

--Penny

ShinobiHime
07-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone! This was my first time doing a group skit at a masquerade, and I had a great time! I was the Roy in the FMA skit...a big change from being the gold monstrosity of last year. :)
My little sister was the flute-playing Ed, and despite her getting a wicked case of stage fright right before the skit, she had a great time. Mostly, we thank the incredible crowd that night- everyone was so enthusiastic! There were tons of great people that we met, as well. :)
The skits were hilarious, and the costumes were gorgeous. We're all looking forward to next year! Maybe we'll bring Al again so he can get more hugs! :angel:

SakuraBubbles
07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone! This was my first time doing a group skit at a masquerade, and I had a great time! I was the Roy in the FMA skit...a big change from being the gold monstrosity of last year. :)
My little sister was the flute-playing Ed, and despite her getting a wicked case of stage fright right before the skit, she had a great time. Mostly, we thank the incredible crowd that night- everyone was so enthusiastic! There were tons of great people that we met, as well. :)
The skits were hilarious, and the costumes were gorgeous. We're all looking forward to next year! Maybe we'll bring Al again so he can get more hugs! :angel:

I LOVED that Ed!!! She... he? ... EDWARD was so cute. <3

MagentaFox
07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Oh, I forgot to ask!

Did ANYONE else go for a higher level than novice? We were supposed to be Journeymen and were kinda offended that they said no one was good enough or brave enough to go higher than novice.

I have a feeling they lost all the e-mails and sign up sheets and just put us all up as novice to cover it up.

ShinobiHime
07-20-2006, 08:55 PM
My group signed up as Journeymen as well (since two out of four people in our group fit the requirements)...we were also surprised to hear that.
Maybe something got messed up when there was that confusion with the paperwork inititally?

Gale
07-21-2006, 11:59 AM
hmm, I remember that aside from the list of names, they had nothing from the e-mail that I could see, AND the forms we had to fill out had nothing on them about what catigory we signed up in. That makes me feel a bit better about not signing up for journyman since it looks like it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

MagentaFox
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
You had to indicate level when you signed up. I don't see why they couldn't have kept track of us based on the e-mail we sent. We had to do it all three times over. The e-mail form, the form at the con and then we had to tell it to them so they could write it on that yellow paper RIGHT before the Masquerade. Neither involved us telling our level, you're right, but there only needed to be one form.