PDA

View Full Version : Kabuki cosplay

StacyMichelle
03-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Alright, nobody reem on me because it's not anime; it's a comic that surrounds Asian culture! :D
Does anyone here know of David Mack's comic, Kabuki? It really is an amazing story, if you haven't heard of it, stop by a comic book shop or a bookstore and check it out.

My friend Amanda and I were planning to make Snapdragon and Kabuki costumes for Otakon this year. I chose Kabuki :) So if you have no clue what to wear this year to Otakon, the costumes for Kabuki are really interesting, and know that you won't be the only Kabuki character there! It would be really neat if more than two characters showed up. (I would be the happiest person alive if I could get all of the Noh agents together!! :D)

So think about it! Look for us at the con! We'll be fashioned with our Noh masks and giant dragon tattoos on our backs!

P.S. Attached is a picture of Kabuki!

Michi
03-06-2003, 08:21 PM
I have too much else planned to even think of adding a costume, but I think you'd look absolutely lovely in that. ^_^! I'm taking photos~

aimee
03-06-2003, 08:24 PM
can't wait to see it Stacy! You know I'm a big fan of Kabuki and mack!

Hikaruchan
03-06-2003, 09:06 PM
If Lindze comes she has one

Romann
03-06-2003, 10:56 PM
That's awsome! I just finished a Butoh and Ice costume for a friend and myself! I'll look out for you at Otakon! I really want to try and make a Scarab costume...but the spikes will be hell to get just right...

StacyMichelle
03-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks Michi and Aimee! (yay to Kabuki fans! :D)

Hikaru - I remember seeing her Scarab outfit O_O I hope I get to see it again!

Noir - *glompage!!* I thought about Butoh at first, she is a favorite character of mine. This is so great, I can't wait to get together and take some pictures and see your costumes! Good luck with Scarab, I think that it would be the most challenging Noh costume. Although Ice and Siameses' arms might be difficult as well.