PDA

View Full Version : Your Otakon Awards.

Golgo M.
08-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Okay, folks. Talking about your own costumes is one thing, but talking about others is a new thread. Which costume at Otakon do you think was the best (hall and/or contest)? Here's the catch: NO VOTING FOR YOUR OWN OR A FRIEND'S!

I honestly must give my best-of-show award to the Bohemian Rhapsody Gidra. I was totally dismayed that it did not win first prize in the masquerade. The "most disturbing" award goes to that pack of male cosplayers dressed as Lulu from FFX. Yargh. If any of them are reading this, just....yargh.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 10:50 PM
I agree about Male Lulu's, it made me cry and hide in a corner. As for best costume I saw? Obviously for me it'd be the Ashton Anchors I glomped and molested and am currently trying to locate ^_^

KuroBara
08-06-2002, 11:42 PM
My favorite costumes were the catgirls from the Vision of Escaflowne movie. Their costumes were incredibly detailed, accurate and gorgeous. Lol, the male Lulus were cute, they looked like they were having a good time. My least favorites were anyone who didn't iron their costume, cosplay wrinkles are a pet peeve.

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 12:30 AM
BEST:
its a tie between The Vision of Escaflowne Cat Girls and the Cards from Card Captor Sakura....
CUTEIST:
the little Zelda!
MOST CLEVER: (I wish I could vote for a friend here...aham...Super Kodama....but I cant...)
DDR pad....
WORST: (sorry.....but there has to be one.....)
The confuseld Carrvans (those who you could not tell if thay where Van or Carrot... strange colors.....like blue and pink....what ever happend to green, brown, and red....)

Golgo M.
08-07-2002, 01:53 AM
A DDR Pad. Actually, while you'd think it hasn't been done before, it has.

Don't mean to rain on parades.

For the record, does anyone have a picture of my Kakashi costume at Otakon online? I was the one without the wig. Just curious.

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 02:04 AM
It was the same dude

kelldar
08-07-2002, 09:41 AM
the male lulus! :D and the FFX skit w/the summons. very cool.

Neon Genocide
08-07-2002, 09:58 AM
I'd have to say this person dressed as Jenova from FF7 was the best I saw there. It was extremely detailed and well portrayed. Unfortunately I never got a picture of it but that costume was number one in my mind.

KuroBara
08-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Neon, I have a picture of Genova, it's here:
http://breaktheshell.fateback.com/otakon

There's so many great costumes I missed getting photos of.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 11:41 AM
The Jenova was pretty darn awesome, I'm saddened nobody gives me an award for most Clever hehehe.

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Awww......Im sorry...hehe

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 03:53 PM
lol, it's okay.... ::shrugs:: I did find out Gau is a fairly popular character... I had random people saying.

"How art thou?"

or

"Let me see your Shiny!"

and I had like 2 or 3 Fangirls actually come up and give me insanely long squishing glomp hugs, which was awesome! I didn't know there was much of a Gau fanbase! lol

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 11:10 PM
Well thats good....I got glomed a few times as well.... by guys and girls......

StacyMichelle
08-07-2002, 11:56 PM
Amanda and I really liked Buddy Jesus XD

Celine
08-08-2002, 12:07 AM
There were lots of very exciting costumes at Otakon! I'd vote for the Shining Force 3 group, because they looked great!!!! I also thought the Marth (Fire Emblem) and these cute and fuzzy guys (http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/Otakon/cute.JPG) (dunno what they were from) were very cool.

Also, yay to Otakon for having the most white mages I've ever caught on film! :bigtu:

Nyoko
08-08-2002, 12:14 AM
Hay what did you all think of the super kodama?? that is if you saw um....

here is a pic of um I found http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/otakon2002/34/source/o2002-1957.shtml

PinkAya
08-08-2002, 04:41 AM
Hmm...Well, this is tough to decide, but here's my awards (not that they mean anything XD)

Sexiest girl: rikku from FFX, the one in my photo album. She looked and acted exactly like Rikku, was SO kawaii, and she hugged me XD

Sexiest guy: I'm not just saying this, but Me-mania as Wolfie XD Wolfie is one of my top 3 anime-guys-i-want-to-sleep-with and he had the EXACT look of Wolfie down...when I saw him I was too shy to say anything but 'ummm can I take your picture please?' and then run off and squeal to my friends XD

Cutest costume: the group of everyone from DiGi Charat, I took their pict but it got screwed up by some idiot walking in front of me just as I snapped it >< But someone else's pict of teh group I'm talking about is in the photo album. The Puchiko was the cutest, she was tiny, just like Puchiko ^^

Most disturbing costume: Probably the guy dressed up as Digiko from DiGi Charat...that was just disturbing to see cute Digiko as a guy with a beard >< That or Quina...Quina scares me O_O

Best mascot: Servbot/Kobun XD SO CUTE!!!!

Couples: This has a tie. Rin and Manji from Blade of the immortal, and Dita and Hibiki from Vandread. THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE VANDREAD FANS OUT THERE! It's such a good anime! Go buy it! XD

And finally...the cosplayer who I wish I could of taken back to meh hotel room with me...Definelty Wolfie XD XD XD I WANT YOU!!!!!

Forgot to mention: I was a bit dissapointed there were barely any FF9 Costumes there >< I wanted to see an Eiko! And Zidane/Garnet/Kuja ^^

Shadra D
08-08-2002, 07:46 AM
I kept hearing about all these costumes and ended up missing most of them e__e gwah. I think, though, that the FFX Aeons seen in the Cosplay were incredible. I was not at the cosplay (I never go to Otakon cosplay, actually O_O it scares me! I could only see pictures..) so I missed a lot more, I fear, but still o.o

As far as details and craftsmanship, I thought that the dirty-costumed Vash was incredible. I got to see his costume and props up close, and the details were just great o_o Vash is an overdone costume, so it's rare that one would catch my eye o_o

Another costume rarely seen was Tsuzuki, to be specific, Kawaii Puppy Tsuzuki. I was supposed to be in the LARP with Tsuzuki-san, but missed her until early Sunday morning as I was dashing across the convention center to grab my stuff from the Artist's Alley and then make it back to my cab o_o;

I'm sad I missed seeing the catgirl twins (I forget their names, it's been a long time e.e) from Escaflowne.. I did get to see Sora, from the Escaflowne movie, and her costume was very impressive!

I think, though, the costume that really blew my mind was the Gundam Epyon. I only saw it in a picture, but damn O_O;

As far as most disturbing... I did like it a lot, but the Chocobo girl was somewhat frightening o_o;

HuongStar
08-08-2002, 08:12 AM
Do you have any pictures of the Manji & Rin cosplayers? :eek:

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-08-2002, 11:05 AM
YAY! Somebody does love me! w00t! hehhehehehe, PinkAya is making me contemplate if I should be Wolfwood at Katsucon >_<

PinkAya
08-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Yep, Manji is in my photo album, and he's with Kuro-Neko and Quistis. The Rin girl I didn't get unfortunatly, but you might be able to find picts of her around teh net. I also saw two Maki-Otachabanas.

XD You should definelty wear teh Wolfie costume again, methinks XD *,*

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-08-2002, 03:31 PM
Yeah, it's depending on how many people come to katsucon with me.

Nyoko
08-08-2002, 07:31 PM
I go to katsu with you ME-MANIA-Sama!

PinkAya
08-09-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm gonna go too XD XD XD

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-09-2002, 09:31 AM
LMAO, Okay! But I'm warning you I still might not be Wolfwood >_< I need space in my ride to bring people. 'sides.... Ashton Anchors is just as glompable as Wolfwood ^_^

Nyoko
08-14-2002, 01:56 PM
Nope, its just that your glomabole Me-mania-sama!!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-14-2002, 07:49 PM
YAY!

KuroBara
08-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Ooh, I remember you from Otakon now. You really do have that Wolfwood look down. Yummy Wolfwoodness.

>And finally...the cosplayer who I wish I could of taken back to meh hotel room with me...Definelty Wolfie XD XD XD I WANT YOU!!!!!

Hmm...I didn't know this was a category...Seto Kaiba in the white coat manga outfit! Oh, wait...I did, didn't I? Cosplaying boyfriends rock!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-14-2002, 11:17 PM
ROFLMAO.... Yay for me and my Numby Yumminess!

Kurenai
08-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Well I dunno, Me-mania, I'd think those dragons would get in the way of glomps ^_~

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 12:27 PM
just glomp the dragons as well!!!!!!!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Gyoro & Ururun can be glomped too!

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 03:36 PM
YAY!!!! its a three for one glomp deal!!!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-16-2002, 12:52 AM
Yes indeedy!

Nyoko
08-16-2002, 11:54 AM
YAY!!!! I like deals......