PDA

View Full Version : cosplay.com members and cons

Ayaka
08-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Hey, this had occurred to me while at AX and then I forgot to bring it up. I think I remember hearing that the COSP members put a purple star or something on their badges so that members don't have those embarrassing - "oh I MET YOU! But I didn't know it was you!" problems when they return to the boards. And our anime club, though not so we recognize each other, made up little badges of our own with our club mascot etc on them to wear to cons. So, I was thinking, how about we figure out something specific to cosplay.com we can do so that members recognize each other?

Oshi
08-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Well now... that's a pretty good idea... Quick! Lets figure something out by AXNY! ^_^;

Admin
08-06-2002, 11:49 PM
We can probably help organize something like that. We already have some event plans in the works for AX2003 specific to cosplay.com members and we were planning on putting together a special cosplay.com badge or something you can use with your username to identify each other. If that's the sort of thing that you're shooting for?

Aeris, Kitty, Shaun and I will all be at AXNY so maybe we'll have a cosplay.com group photo or something fun. For AX2003 in Anaheim I'm just waiting for the hotel info to be set in stone before I start reserving event space.

LiL QoH
08-07-2002, 12:12 AM
That isnt a bad idea! :D I'm so looking forward to this for anime expo03 as well as all the other cons

Oshi
08-07-2002, 12:29 AM
Yes! In Photoshop, I have created a prototype for a badge!
It's 3" x 5" x 100dpi, perfect for an index card! Cuz, yknow, paper will just be flimsy...
Well yeah, here it is: http://gamix.org/paul/cosplaybadge.jpg
I'll probably change the background to something spiffier for my own...
But I think it's a good idea... maybe...?

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Ooh, I got Admin's attention. ^^ I figured that it had already occurred to you guys, you're really on top of that sort of thing. A group photo at AXNY would be cool!

Hmm, yes, for AXNY we could each do a custom badge for ourselves, as a temporary thing. If you don't mind having us use the logo, that is.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Wai!! That's so cool! Some of us can finally meet each other!! ^_^
...I just gotta wait until AX2003... can't wait!!!! ^_^

Admin
08-07-2002, 01:06 AM
We have some cool stuff planned for AX2003, we're considering that convention to be the point in time where our site will have been around long enough where we can warrant throwing a big cosplay.com masquerade party or something similar.

As for the badges, we have one coming up for that but it's still being designed. If you want to go ahead and use the cosplay.com logo in a badge for AXNY that's fine by me, otherwise we might actually have something done by then to use as well.

We'll look at the event schedule for AXNY and figure out a good time to have a group photo where too much isn't already going on. Since everything is so centralized it'll probably be easy enough to do somewhere in the hotel.

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 01:21 AM
Much coolness. Honestly, you guys are so organized. I'm really impressed. Considering what a short time this site has been around, I mean, wow. Consider yourself complimented, however inelegantly. ^^

Well, I think I'll make myself a little badge when I get the chance, since you're not sure if you'll have something by AXNY. I'm sure what you're working on is better than what I could cook up, though, lol.

Oshi
08-07-2002, 01:27 AM
I'll make one for whoever wants one, just supply me with an image to use ^_^

makio
08-07-2002, 06:49 AM
I'm glad there's a tag/badge to display for Cosplay.com users at conventions...it does help in 'breaking the ice' in meeting other cosplayers at these events, afterall. ^_^ An excellent idea, indeed!

Oshi, did you want us to email it or post it here on the message board?

Neon Genocide
08-07-2002, 08:22 AM
wonderful idea, ;)

It would be nice to pick out someone from cosplay.com with out that embarrassment..

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 09:22 AM
> Yes! In Photoshop, I have created a prototype for a badge!

Am I the only one who goes to great lengths to HIDE my con badge to begin with? LOL Cosplay pictures with badges showing look pretty bad...

Well I guess I will recognize you guys and will have to talk to you. *hides badge under costume*

Neon Genocide
08-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> Yes! In Photoshop, I have created a prototype for a badge!

Am I the only one who goes to great lengths to HIDE my con badge to begin with? LOL Cosplay pictures with badges showing look pretty bad...

Well I guess I will recognize you guys and will have to talk to you. *hides badge under costume*

actually I try every year, but each time the security yells at me to keep it in view. So I have to pull it out everytime I enter say a dealers room or some other event...

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Hide your badge? Aww . . . no, I just put mine on my bag. That way it's showing when security wants it, but it's not showing when you get a photo taken.

Yukai
08-07-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
no, I just put mine on my bag.

That's a great idea. To bad my asanine self never figured that one out.

I think the cosplay.com con badges are a great idea! Man does this site move fast. O_O

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 10:08 AM
> Hide your badge? Aww . . . no, I just put mine on my bag.

I usually don't carry bags... to make sure they don't get in my way. Everything I need is generally hidden under my costume somewhere. ^___^

And yes I hide badges, generally in a place where I can get them out easily or, if all else fails, I clip them on the back of my costume (since people /generally/ take pictures of the /front/. >_<). My Ramirez badge at Akon was clipped on the back of my vest... unfortunately, it meant that each time I was asked for my badge I had to turn around and point at my posterior. LMAO

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 10:24 AM

I usually don't carry bags... to make sure they don't get in my way. Everything I need is generally hidden under my costume somewhere. ^___^

Well, I don't like the idea of bags, but they ARE a good place to put your badge. I don't have costumes in which I could hide much, lol. Except Sanzo, I was keeping stuff down his sleeves . . . lol. But then I had to be careful not to turn quickly with my arm up, cause I'd whack somebody . . .

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 10:30 AM
> I don't have costumes in which I could hide much, lol.

Ahhh now this could be a problem. ^__^ I generally have a little pouch for money & CCs I stuff down my shirt (which has the downside of making it necessary to open your shirt and fish for money at the dealer's room) and that's it, other than my badge to which is taped my hotel key.

> Except Sanzo, I was keeping stuff down his sleeves . . . lol. But then I had to be careful not to turn quickly with my arm up, cause I'd whack somebody . . .

LOL You did a Sanzo costume? Do you have any pictures? *___*

Hikaruchan
08-07-2002, 11:27 AM
On a lot of my costumes I wear shorts underneath. Some eyebrows are raised when I go lifting my skirts to get money or room keys. Hee

Neon Genocide
08-07-2002, 11:35 AM
I normaly dont' carry around anything, my one friend dose that for me and bless his heart. ususally I just put my badge on my belt and stick it in my pocket, that way I can pull it out easier.. Its still and annoyence.

LiL QoH
08-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan
On a lot of my costumes I wear shorts underneath. Some eyebrows are raised when I go lifting my skirts to get money or room keys. Hee
Haha that's the a new idea!

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 01:29 PM
> I don't have costumes in which I could hide much, lol.

Ahhh now this could be a problem. ^__^ I generally have a little pouch for money & CCs I stuff down my shirt (which has the downside of making it necessary to open your shirt and fish for money at the dealer's room) and that's it, other than my badge to which is taped my hotel key.

I'm so getting one of those before AXNY, I hope I don't forget. Besides for ONCE I'll have someone with me. My brother's gonna get stuck with my bag! Muahahah!

LOL You did a Sanzo costume? Do you have any pictures? *___*

I did, and I do indeed. ^^ Not very good ones . . . I REALLY need to get someone to take my pics other than my parents! lol. I so want to redo the armor. http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/vigilante/index.html Sorry, I use frames, I don't like direct linking cause then you don't see the layout. ^^

lol . . . QoH . . . you feeling a little English-challenged today? (Heheh I have days like that.)

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Oh wow your Sanzo costume looks really detailed! I love it!
I can't wait to see your Guibu. *excited*

> Sorry, I use frames, I don't like direct linking cause then you don't see the layout. ^^

As for the layout, I browse with pictures turned off (on a T1 no less old habits die hard) so I don't see it anyway. ^___^ Whoups.

Oh I should mention I love the rambles you wrote for each costume, they are so entertaining!

Cait
08-07-2002, 01:46 PM
I'm a little innocent naieve con-goer. I love the badges! I don't get to go very often to cons and so having that proof in my hands and on my body that I'm not dreaming is next to heaven. I wore the AX02 badge nonstop the whole con.

For my Ritsuko (Eva) costume, I pinned my badge to my lab coat next to my NERV badge and it looked like part of the costume. And I hear that on the money. I carried my walled in my shoe for the first day of the con. After that I was assisted by my lover Quatre who had a messenger bag to tote things in. Quatre carried my film and camera, too... on the last three days. If you notice in all my terrible Thursday Malon pictures I have my hands behind my back. One hand holds my cloroseptic spray (I was sick at the time) and one hand has the 35mm camera.

But, yeah. It'd be [I]great[I/] if this place had a party at AX03! That's what I really regret about AX02: I wasn't a part of any substantially larger groups that made merry while the normally scheduled components of the con failed miserably to live up to expectations.

~Cait

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 01:47 PM
> I wasn't a part of any substantially larger groups that made merry while the normally scheduled components of the con failed miserably to live up to expectations.

My groups just made me stress out and pull my hair out trying to get everyone together... but yeah they also had their moments of merriness. LOL.

Oshi
08-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
Oshi, did you want us to email it or post it here on the message board?

Email it to me, paul@gamix.org

Mehh... I just wear the badge around my neck... and my Oshi costume is simple 'nuff... I use regular black shorts I have, that have like, 6 pockets on them... heheheh...

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 03:02 PM
Oh wow your Sanzo costume looks really detailed! I love it!
I can't wait to see your Guibu. *excited*

> Sorry, I use frames, I don't like direct linking cause then you don't see the layout. ^^

As for the layout, I browse with pictures turned off (on a T1 no less old habits die hard) so I don't see it anyway. ^___^ Whoups.

Oh I should mention I love the rambles you wrote for each costume, they are so entertaining!

Thanks! ^^ I'm so looking forward to Guibu . . . as soon as I finish my stuff for AXNY, you better believe I'm starting on it! You didn't see my layout? *sniffle* Ah, it's not that cool anyway, lol. Wow! I didn't think anybody read my rambles! Thank you! XD *is all happy* I was writing them thinking "who the heck is gonna read all this stuff . . ." lol

Cait - Aw, I wish I'd known you then! I was alone, though I chilled with the AX karaoke people a fair amount, which was nice. ^^ But next year, we gotta make sure nobody (from this board anyway) is by their lonesome at AX. ^^

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 03:07 PM
> as soon as I finish my stuff for AXNY

Can I ask what it will be or is it a secret?

> Wow! I didn't think anybody read my rambles!

Are you kidding? I went and clicked on all of your costumes to read the different rambles. And you should not be so annoyed at your Integral costume, I remember seeing you in the dealer's room and thinking "Drat, someone did a good Integral before me, I can't do it now" LOL.

Kusanagi
08-07-2002, 03:36 PM
Looking forward to AX03!

I wanted to go this year but didn't make it.

Since I met alot of you at CCI, I would love to see alot of you at AX and have a party/get-together.

For those of us that might not have multiple costumes and end up going one or two days in normal street clothes, how about a cosplay.com t-shirt?

Ukayoru no Chou
08-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Yeesss, I know a party would be great since im way shy..v_V; so I generally at the con, wander, as for piccys, and generally lok stupid while in my own costume...v_v;;

so...now...yah..o_O party would own...*ramble-wanders off* V_V

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 07:30 PM
> as soon as I finish my stuff for AXNY

Can I ask what it will be or is it a secret?

Nope, it's not a secret. Chrno from Chrno Crusade (wherefore art thou, my Rosette! ;_;), and Juna from Earth Girl Arjuna. Plus I'm helping my bro, if I don't have time to finish his Spike costume (and probably even if I do), he's going as Lain's father. lol. NO ONE will recognize that! XD

> Wow! I didn't think anybody read my rambles!

Are you kidding? I went and clicked on all of your costumes to read the different rambles. And you should not be so annoyed at your Integral costume, I remember seeing you in the dealer's room and thinking "Drat, someone did a good Integral before me, I can't do it now" LOL.

Yeah, but I didn't get hired by Pioneer. lol. I wasn't cosplaying her the day they got hired. But I did TWICE have dealers say, "so you dyed your hair pink?" upon seeing my wig, so I'm glad I was in Haruko, lol! But, anyway, I feel all warm and fuzzy now. ^^ Thank you! Now I'm gonna go finally get to signing your GB, lol.

Kusanagi - I made a t-shirt for AX and any other cons when I'm not cosplaying (or in general lol), that says "Undercover Cosplayer" and it has a moogle in a trenchcoat. If anybody wants the image to make their own shirt, I can post it. (I should try to make money off it, lol, but the art's not THAT great.)

Cait
08-07-2002, 07:56 PM
^^ But next year, we gotta make sure nobody (from this board anyway) is by their lonesome at AX. ^^

I'm all for that!

Plus I'm helping my bro, if I don't have time to finish his Spike costume (and probably even if I do), he's going as Lain's father. lol. NO ONE will recognize that! XD

0_0 SWEET! A cosplaying..... family? *is amazed* He should go as Deus! Now that's a memorable ensamble! ..and yet still simple *shrug* Ok, don't mind me.

~Cait

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Yeah, especially since I doubt I can drag anyone I know with me next year either . . . *sigh* lol.

Actually, it's not a cosplaying family, it's one anime nut who forced the family to watch things until they started to like it. And then last year my bro says, "hey, maybe I could cosplay Spike. But I don't have time to make it." *pointed glare at me* And I remember like . . . whenever he first saw Lain, he kept saying how cool Lain's father was, and that he wanted an action figure or to see a cosplayer. lol. For some reason I suddenly remembered this last night. I can't find any screencaps of Deus . . . :P Guess I'll have to break out the DVDs. ^^ My friend actually did him at our HS Halloween, lol! He scared all the little kids (it was preschool - high school. Scary huh?)

Cait
08-07-2002, 09:26 PM
http://misslain.homestead.com/files/1liar.jpg and http://orbita.starmedia.com/~deeply2/bocetos/cocept-054.jpg are some. I used to have several, but I seem to have lost them. It's not too complex a costume, but is rather recognisible. Methinks that would be easier on you to put together. I mean you could spend two or three hours (and probably less than $50) in nearly any mall and come out with all you'd.. uh.. he'd need: lab coat, black jeans, face paint, blue tape, and maybe a wig.

*snort* Deus at a Halloween party? I'd be scared too!!!! *sigh* As I look into more and more cosplay ideas I find myself wishing more and more I had cute younger siblings to dress up. *wishes she had a Duke/Prince Chid to match her Princess Marlene Aston costume in progress*

~Cait

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 09:49 PM
lol I JUST found the second. ^^ You got me all inspired. Somebody suggests something, and I have to run off and search the web. And now I'm thinking, my hair isn't right, but I could get a white slip and clip some cables to myself . . . lol XD Thanks for finding a color image! Well . . . hmm . . . Deus is COOL . . . but my bro has a brown suit, I could style his hair that way, and he has square black plastic frame glasses, so Yasuo would be easy. I'd have to buy him a tie. But Deus is COOL . . . lol. My bro has black jeans, and we have a lab coat. I'd have to buy a wig though. :P Actually my friend did Deus with electrician's tape, BAD idea cause it took him forever to get it out of his (real) hair; and he was stuck with the facepaint for a few days cause it was permanent marker. oO;;; I guess I'll email him and see what he thinks . . . and I don't have a cute younger bro either, I have a not-all-that-cute older brother. lol. At all these cons where I'm seeing so many really little ones, I keep wanting to kidnap a kid to cosplay with . . .

Cait
08-07-2002, 09:58 PM
*laugh* Yes! My friend dressed as human Luna from Sailor Moon on one of the days at AX and every time a cute little girl would walk by she'd comment on how much she wanted to kidnap her and dress her as human Diana, Luna's daughter.

He actually put electrician's tape in his HAIR? And permanent marker! *snicker* If you went with your brother as Lain he might stand a chance of being recognized.

~Cait

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Yeah, but my hair is SO WRONG . . . nothing left in the wig budget either . . . unless it was REALLY cheap. lol well I'll see what he says . . . he's only just gotten back from studying in Paris, bet cosplay's not the first thing on his mind. ^^

We are so off-topic . . . *dances*

Admin
08-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Kusanagi
Looking forward to AX03!

I wanted to go this year but didn't make it.

Since I met alot of you at CCI, I would love to see alot of you at AX and have a party/get-together.

For those of us that might not have multiple costumes and end up going one or two days in normal street clothes, how about a cosplay.com t-shirt?

A t-shirt is in the works, we have a couple of them but they're just quick ones made so that we have something while we take photos. For next year (maybe as soon as ani-magic this year) we want to have official t-shirts.

The party is in the planning stages as well. As soon as I can get info on suites and events at the correct hotel for AX03 I'm going to get it set up so that we'll either have a) a huge suite for a cosplay.com members-only party (can hold up to about 90 people) or b) an event room at the hotel for a masquerade party, or c) preferably both. We also already have a few little mini-events in planning which we'll announce early enough for everyone to get in on.

Yukai
08-08-2002, 12:29 PM
*~But, yeah. It'd be [I]great[I/] if this place had a party at AX03! That's what I really regret about AX02: I wasn't a part of any substantially larger groups that made merry while the normally scheduled components of the con failed miserably to live up to expectations. ~*

Yeah, sis. We should have talked to more people and had a bigger group. More people would have not made us all so pissy....maybe next time.

And I am really all for the AX03 party for cosplay.com members. I acctually started working harder on all my costume. Which I didn't know was possible in my own little sweat shop I have going on here.

*~Kusanagi~*

I LOVE your avatar. I about died when I noticed it today. Props to you.

*~Luna

Yukai
08-08-2002, 12:43 PM
*~*laugh* Yes! My friend dressed as human Luna from Sailor Moon on one of the days at AX and every time a cute little girl would walk by she'd comment on how much she wanted to kidnap her and dress her as human Diana, Luna's daughter. ~*

Hey! That's me!! O_o

I was looking at the little girl that lives up the street, shes perfect! But I can't like hide her in my closet.....although she might get lost in my room...all the piles of stuff....

*~Ayaka
Kusanagi - I made a t-shirt for AX and any other cons when I'm not cosplaying (or in general lol), that says "Undercover Cosplayer" and it has a moogle in a trenchcoat. If anybody wants the image to make their own shirt, I can post it. (I should try to make money off it, lol, but the art's not THAT great.)~*

Could you please send me a link or e-mail me a pic. I want to see either the design or maybe the shirt...please?

<A HREF="mailto:KyuuketsuHimeMiyu@kc.rr.com">KyuuketsuhimeMiyu@kc.rr.com</A>

The link probably wont work, but the email is still there. Feh.

Hey sis, next party we have....could I borrow you CDs from AX02? I have an idea I'll run by you...when you wake up.... ~.~()

*~Luna

Cait
08-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Ok! *calls*

Ayaka
08-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Here's the image for the t-shirt - http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/vigilante/images/undercovercosplay.jpg

I did the coloring the morning of the con (I had to make a plane!) so I could do something nicer now . . .

Cait
08-08-2002, 08:59 PM
*giggles at the shirt*

Yukai
08-08-2002, 11:16 PM
That's so cute!

Do you mind if I make my own design with the same idea and wear it as an everyday thing? (Not wear the shirt everyday, you know what I mean. ^.~ )

*~Luna

Ayaka
08-09-2002, 02:19 AM
Yeah, sure, can't see a problem with that. ^^

Neon Genocide
08-09-2002, 08:08 AM
nice shirt design. I like it..

Yggdrasil Pie
08-09-2002, 11:18 AM
Wai!!! What a cute shirt!!!!! ^_^

Yukai
08-09-2002, 12:45 PM
*~cheers~* Thanks!! =^.^=

Ayaka
08-09-2002, 02:49 PM
Thank you to the compliments, and you're welcome to Yukai. ^^

sacha
08-10-2002, 05:35 PM
I like the idea of being able to pick out people from different boards. I knew Michi before I showed up at these forums but when I saw her at Akon I wasn't sure if it was her since I hadn't met her in person before. Sooooooooooooo she kicked me when I got home and saw her photos and was like.. ahaha I saw you o.o;;

SohjiroX
08-11-2002, 03:15 AM
Great shirt, can I get one?

Ayaka
08-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Um, I just have the one at the moment . . . I could put it up on CafePress, but then you're suck with bad iron-on quality. lol I may have to do ones custom for people . . . err . . . *ponders*

Ranma Saotome
08-13-2002, 12:33 AM
This is a great idea. :) I remeber I wore a self made COSP ML badge for BAAF 2k1 and one person spotted me. :p I hope we can get something together for AXNY. Iwill be walking around as Ranma (duh :)) and I will have a self made cosplay.com and other ML badges around my waist and on my camera bag. ^^

Spike
08-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Like the idea for making badges to meet others at Cons.

Ayaka the shirt is totally bangin. If you going to be making more to sell let me know I'd like to get one.

If anyone is interested Im thinking about designing a Cosplay.com badge for Otakon '03 I'm sure I will have help from Josh (Neon Genocide) on that too. Let me know.

Kurenai
08-15-2002, 09:40 PM
It would be great if we could have a gathering or something....ACP has those but I always miss them, so if there's a cosplay.com shindig somewhere, post in big bold letters if plans come up ^_~

Ranma Saotome
08-16-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Here's the image for the t-shirt - http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/vigilante/images/undercovercosplay.jpg

I did the coloring the morning of the con (I had to make a plane!) so I could do something nicer now . . .

I'll buy that for 10 dollars. :)

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 02:55 AM
lol . . . uh . . . I don't like Cafepress . . . I guess I have to go to Hobby Lobby and see how much the blank shirts and good quality iron on paper costs, lol. I'll get back to people on how much a shirt would cost.

Neon Genocide
08-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Guess I got assigned to make a badge... But yeah spike that would be a good idea for otakon03.. I'll throw around some ideas with you in the next few weeks...

Tenjou
08-17-2002, 05:03 PM
^______^ the shirt is sooooooooooooooo cute!!! :D :D :D the badges are a great idea too! I'll probably make my own stuff when I go to shoujocon or animeboston. ^^

Kusanagi
08-18-2002, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the Avatar comment.

Here's what my shirt would look like :skidude2: :D

kyuuketsuki
08-19-2002, 10:22 PM
wai wai!!!! if we do get something in the works for AX03 it must be posted in very BIG letters *ish blind sometimes* I usually get lucky for cons and things of the sort cuz i've got a whole group of ppl who go 2 these things but i'd love to have some way of recognizing everyone here.....i've prolly met/seen some of you but didn't know it was you ^^;;

MyuMyu
08-20-2002, 12:39 AM
hahaha- you mean like me Kyuu? ^_~ (hahaha! im back! i know yall missed me)

Itll be great to recognize people at con *laugh*

of course, i usually forget names, bad person i am. "Hey! I glomped you!!" is usually what happens post-con *laugh*

kyuuketsuki
08-20-2002, 06:36 PM
nee~chan!!!! *GLOMP*

u better not go baibais again...after all u wanted me on here so *bows* here i am

*dances* my school ain't ghetto anymore!!!!

^^;;;;

Cait
08-20-2002, 07:10 PM
*giggles at Mamoru Kusanagi picture* Yeah Blue Seed!

I suggest something a little simpler... as a standard badge perhaps: just tack the logo onto the con badge for an easily recognizable tag. Print off a two or three or so inch tall version of the cosplay.com do-ditty and tape it to/stick it in with your con badge.

Ignore how stained my badge is in the picture.. >_<

Kusanagi
08-20-2002, 11:37 PM
Blue Seed rules. :D

Whenever I hall cosplay I tend to go as Kusanagi for at least one day. Here's a picture of my from the Comic-Con!

Note: I'm wearing the Kusanagi outfit from Blue Seed 2 instead of the red trenchcoat. Kusanagi trades it in for tight denim in the OVA. ^_^

Another note: You can see a wing to my dragoon costume in the background. :p

Cait
08-21-2002, 08:38 AM
*nods* I like! .....But the red trench is just so posh! How about that plant fashion sense? *laugh* You know on WAM! they advertize Blue Seed as having the "Mysterious Cat-Eyed Hottie, Kusanagi".... -_-'

Kusanagi
08-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Yep...thats me. =^_^=

Now that I can find lenses online that will turn my eyes into actual Kusanagi eyes, I'm happy. No-one is safe... ^_~

Besides, every con I go to has red trenchcoats because there are so many Trigun cosplayers.

I'll be going to AX03 one day as transformed Kusanagi and my friend will be going as transformed Valencia Tachibana from Blue Seed 2. I'll have to beat the fanboys off of her with my armblades. :D

Marth
08-21-2002, 10:34 PM
sweet shirt Kusan. And awesome Kusanagi costume from Blue seed 2! Also congrats on the Dragoon!

Where's AX03 gonna be at? I missed SDCC02 so I really wanna go to a convention.:bouncer: :D

Kusanagi
08-22-2002, 12:21 AM
Same place every year. Long Beach convention center. This will be my first year going as I have only been to the last two CCI's.

Marth
08-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Sweet! I'll probably be able to make it there!! :D :D :D
By that time I'll have a car!!! :P CAN'T WAIT!!

Yukai
08-23-2002, 04:43 AM
AX03 is going to be at Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on July 3rd-6th, 2003.....or so they say on the anime expo site....

Ranma Saotome
08-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Well here is my AXNY badge. It's almost done.

http://home.earthlink.net/~djranmas/AXNY.gif

Ranma Saotome
08-28-2002, 10:58 PM
I just finalized my badge! What do you guys think?

Shima-Mizu
08-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Very cool...I will keep an eye out for you there.
I didn't pre-register for this con---I wasn't sure if I was going on or not for sure until recently. My main convention each year is I-CON located out on the campus of Stony Brook University...does anyone else here go to that convention? (it usually runs end of march-beginning april-ish)

Oshi
08-29-2002, 12:34 AM
I, too, have finalized my badge...
*saves the PSD as a JPG*
It may look big, but that's cuz it's 100dpi, instead of the normal 72. It's really only the size of a 3x5 card.
I hope this works....
http://68.83.68.8/My%20Pictures/Cosplay/cosplaybadge.jpg
behold my l33t photoshop skillz...

Ranma Saotome
08-29-2002, 12:45 AM
I think mine looks better. :p

http://home.earthlink.net/~djranmas/AXNY.gif

Ukayoru no Chou
08-29-2002, 12:57 AM
-_O;

"I think mine looks better" .
-_-;; xD

Anyways..eee..Must meet you peoplee...must have fun all together...photoshoots good...own private like dance thing.=good...
*dance* ok...just had to get that out..don't mind the randomness ^_____^;;;;

Ranma Saotome
08-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Ukayoru no Chou
-_O;

"I think mine looks better" .
-_-;; xD

Anyways..eee..Must meet you peoplee...must have fun all together...photoshoots good...own private like dance thing.=good...
*dance* ok...just had to get that out..don't mind the randomness ^_____^;;;;

Ok, let's see yours, so put up or shut up. :D

SoulCrash
09-02-2002, 09:45 PM
I so bored, that i might as well post up my cosplay.com "badge"....

Ranma Saotome
09-02-2002, 10:50 PM
Dood, what vids did you do? I didn't see all of them.

SoulCrash
09-02-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Dood, what vids did you do? I didn't see all of them.

Are you talking to me? ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? I don't see any other AMVs creators (other than you, and me) on this board. So I guess you're talking to me.... Anyway, just check out my AMV.org profile under my web banner....