PDA

View Full Version : Costumes at Yaoi-con 2006

Eurobeat King
07-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd make this thread to find out what costumes everyone plans to wear at Yaoi-con this year. Remember that Yaoi-con is not limited to just bishonen-ai/yaoi type-costumes, and regular anime/video-game/J-rock, etc. costumes ARE acceptable & allowed to wear at this convention.

Here's my list:

Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Saitou Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin)
Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing : Endless Waltz)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) w/ RX-7 FC3S (if I can fix it up a bit)

Michi
07-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Right now I want to bring my Touga Kiryuu (Shoujo Kakumei Utena) costume that I'm debuting at AOD. I was planning on one costume, which is rather elaborate, for the masquerade, but we'll see how that one goes. Don't wanna announce it yet. I'm sure I'll have more than these planned soon enough, but I haven't put too much thought into YaoiCon yet. Too busy sorting out AOD, JTAF, and Ani-Magic! XD

Leishu
07-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Hmmm...

Well I bought a new school uniform recently... it's really *coug* slutty so I don't know if I'm gonna wear it quite yet. If so, that'll be fun. My other considerations are as follows:

Ed from FMA (Re-hash. Not for Auction this year, though)
Soubi from Loveless (halfway rehash. I have better boots for it now, though)
I was also considering doing touga. :3
My auction outfit (secret!)
'Goth Kitti does black-mage'
ummm... hmmmm... I dunno. My list is short so-far. I hope to extend and elaborate it before con, of course, but completing my degree and moving is somewhat dominating my time right now :p

King and Michi: I wanna see your Trowa and Touga outfits (respectively)! :D

Eurobeat King
07-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I haven't put too much thought into YaoiCon yet. Too busy sorting out AOD, JTAF, and Ani-Magic! XD

haha i hear you. ;) I myself have to worry about comic-con, Otakon, AniJam, DragonCon, JTAF, AWA, Animagic, and NDK before worrying about Yaoi-con. :thumbsup: That and finding a new job after the summer ends..

But my costumes for Yaoicon are old, but still popular. :)

Fireshark
07-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Considering taking Fiore (sailor moon R), Kenshin (...of RK), and another I'm thinking of making (secret). Not sure what's best to take to Y-con, as I've never been there.

Eurobeat King
07-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Considering taking Fiore (sailor moon R), Kenshin (...of RK), and another I'm thinking of making (secret). Not sure what's best to take to Y-con, as I've never been there.

Haha could you bring Kyo's Cat-form? ;) That'd be nice to see, if there's a Fruits Basket gathering, and it was awesome at AX! Of course, at Yaoi-con you'd mostly have guy characters there! :thumbsup:

BART Boy
07-16-2006, 09:49 PM
this should be an interesting list for a change lol this'll be my list.

Erie Yuki (Gravitation)
RPD Police Officer (Resident Evil - With heavy improvements and add-ons)
Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII - With major improvements)

Shey
07-16-2006, 11:06 PM
So far it looks like I'm going to bring:

Eduard from Meine Liebe
Touda from Yami no Matsuei
A variation of Kakashi

I might bring one other but I haven't decided what yet...

Northern
07-16-2006, 11:31 PM
I have to remember that I have to fly out to Sanfran...so my costume choices may be limited to what can be safely transported to the other side of North America and back...though ill deffinatly have:

Youji- Weib Kreuz
Count D- Petshop of horrors
Masqurade costume- to be announced at yaoi-con 2006

I may also bring Jack Sparrow and Sirius Black (Harry Potter)

Mekou
07-17-2006, 12:22 AM
My plans are still up in the air (and this'll be my first time to Yaoi-con and first time out to the west coast. XD) so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to bring or wear.

I really want to make Elizabeth's pirate/boy disguise outfit from POTC2 so I might bring that at least. :3

Milai Sapphire
07-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Hmm, let's see my costume plans would be the following:

Eduard (Meine Liebe)
Saionji Kaoru (Gakuen Heaven)
Akazawa (Prince of Tennis)
Naoji (Meine Liebe; making that for my friend..^^;)

Leishu
07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I have to remember that I have to fly out to Sanfran...so my costume choices may be limited to what can be safely transported to the other side of North America and back...though ill deffinatly have:

Youji- Weib Kreuz
Count D- Petshop of horrors
Masqurade costume- to be announced at yaoi-con 2006

I may also bring Jack Sparrow and Sirius Black (Harry Potter)

If I see you as D I'm gonna give you a big hug. Fair warning. ^_^

Fireshark
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Haha could you bring Kyo's Cat-form? ;) That'd be nice to see, if there's a Fruits Basket gathering, and it was awesome at AX! Of course, at Yaoi-con you'd mostly have guy characters there! :thumbsup:
I'm sorry, I'll be flying, and he's huge. :(

Northern
07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
HaHa, wouldnt be the first time Ive been glomp hugged at a convention:) Im actually still trying to decide which costumes will be coming with me. I have so many to choose from...Lol, I may even bring my Zorro costume for the hotel partie...something about a guy in a mask and cape is just...hot. Does anyone agree?

If I see you as D I'm gonna give you a big hug. Fair warning. ^_^

Kiravak
07-18-2006, 12:18 AM
I plan on going as Kira yamato in civilian uniform here (http://aoibara.i8.com/pics/kira3.jpg). I hope to see Lacus *hint*

jetspectacular
07-18-2006, 07:15 AM
the only ones I know for sure i'll bring are Guys from Enzai and possibly Kouya from loveless (one of 2 dykes in a so gay series XD)

As for jump series.. I know I'll bring something Prince of Tennis and Death Note

And I know for sure something from Gundam Seed, but sorry Kiravak not Athrun or Lacus ^^; (Either Miguel or a Druggie) I'd bring something from other gundam series.. but i'm not sure yet..

shirogami520
07-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks to my awsome friends I get to go to Yaoi con this year~! =D I plan on bringing...

Loveless- Ritsuka (There will be a Loveless group~!)
KH2- Sora (If I ever get his gears all finished. I need a keyblade. D: )
Fruits Basket- Yuki
And maybe a lolita dress since I didn't really get to dress up at AX this year. =O

digimel11
07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Is it time to start planning Y-con costumes already?? O_O I don't know if I've decided yet since there are a ton I want to bring with me.
For sure I'll be bringing these ones:

Prince of Tennis: Mizuki's Purple Sweater of DOOM, Gakuto, and Kamio
Kyou Kara Maou: Wolfram
Sukisyo: Sunao or Sora

and hopefully that's all and my friends won't sucker me into more >__<

tohmas_cons
07-20-2006, 01:07 AM
My costumes were picked for me XD

Orpheus from Meine Liebe
schoolboy Sasuke from Naruto
Byakko from Yami no Matsuei

Hopefully they all make it to Yaoi-con unharmed ^^ Of course...I have to make all of them first XD

Fireshark
07-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Saaaay. While I won't be bringing fruits basket, I WILL be bringing Kenshin. :D When are you doing Saitou? :)

Milai Sapphire
07-20-2006, 09:03 PM
My costumes were picked for me XD

Orpheus from Meine Liebe
schoolboy Sasuke from Naruto

Hopefully they all make it to Yaoi-con unharmed ^^ Of course...I have to make all of them first XD

Wahh!! Orphe XD~~ Must take pictures with you at Y-con. Hope you finish it in time. :D

Tohma
07-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Wahh!! Orphe XD~~ Must take pictures with you at Y-con. Hope you finish it in time. :D

That may be the only one done in time ^^ Its mostly done now..just have to add all the little details. Can't wait to get pictures! ^_^

AmazonPrincess
07-22-2006, 04:42 AM
I think I'm bringing Light Yagami (Deathnote), Armand (Interview with a Vampire [we have a little trio of pretty vampy "boys" *squee*]) and Watari (Yami no Matsuei)

Armand's going to take me a while so Watari might get cut.

hojou
07-22-2006, 03:12 PM
My friends where on that ship!

Paine-{X2]
Crocodile-[One Piece]
MS-09.

Shinsengumi
07-23-2006, 04:50 AM
If I go I'll be the Shinsengumi Hajime Saito (Rurouni Kenshin) again since I don't have the cash to make other cosplay outfits but will see.

Leishu
07-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Saitou is always a good one :D

I may have to piece a Kenshin outfit together. ^_^

Hikaru-Jan
07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Haha. I thought I've already posted in this thread. ^_^V The costumes I'll be bringing are:

-Dion Roger's Rinoa (It's still a maybe...)
-Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
-Nonogusa (Bible Black)

hojou
07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
OMG A bible black cosplayer, finnaly I can wear that white shirt and plan pants.

RoyxEd4Ever
07-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Here're my costumes:
Sakuma Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Edward Elric (FMA)
Kurosaki Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei)
Aoyagi Ritsuka (Loveless)

EHaz
08-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Let's see, so far the plans look like...

Yuuta Fuji (Prince of Tennis)
Seimei Aoyagi (Loveless)
--Setzer Gabbiani (Kingdom Hearts II) <maybe, if the situation works out ideally

edit 08/06: Aaaaaand looks like no Setzer for this con. Sadly when it comes to burning holes in my finances doll hobby > gay purple cosplay

FASquall
08-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey I'm going to be a total noob and ask for help on what I should be if I go to Yaoi-con. I know it seems like if you're going to a convention and you want to go in costume you should already know or have it narrowed down to a few but I just have no idea. I did a pretty good Squall for a while then I let my hair grow out, any ideas?
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SeraphiceAngel/IMG_0879.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SeraphiceAngel/IMG_0481.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SeraphiceAngel/IMG_0470.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SeraphiceAngel/IMG_0831.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/SeraphiceAngel/IMG_0884.jpg

Jujubeans
08-08-2006, 01:45 AM
My costume list:

Orochimaru - Naruto : I'm making a "special" outfit for him.
Sohma Kyo - Fruits Basket : A maybe in gestation.
Chrno - Chrono Crusade : If I can dye the wig by then
Uryuu Ishida + Kon - Bleach : I'm making Kon a "special" outfit for him.

Ellome
08-22-2006, 02:41 AM
This'll be my first YCon where I'm not there for only a few hours late at night. Let's hope my car doesn't break down going back home this time, too? :D

I'm going to do a Loveless costume, a secret costume for masquerade (sorry, but please come see our skit! It'll be great :D We're really proud.), another secret costume for a group, someone from Gakuen Heaven (I haven't decided yet! I really need to ><), Meidi from Ibara 2, and Kira Izuru from Bleach with my Gin. I really want to do Academy version, but I may not have time/funds, so it'll probably end up waiting until ALA like we had planned before. Maybe something else, I'm not sure.

Looking forward to it!

floofDragon
08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
<------Riku! KHII and Deep Dive (black cloak, blind fold) only exception is he will have his Road to Dawn Keyblade instead of the Oathkeeper like in Deepdive =3

SporkNinja
08-23-2006, 04:45 PM
So the only costume I know for certain I'll have is Kamui (x/1999). It'll be a new version because I don't have enough Kamui variations =p

Other than that, I'm hoping to get Senryou (千両) from Zone-00 done... but that's a *maybe*

moroi
08-24-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm definently going as Roxas from KH2. Everything's done except for the wig and keyblade. I'm going to AWA in it first though....and my close friend (who actually made my costume) is going as Axel. Her costume should be finished this weekend hopefully.

Hikaru-Jan
08-27-2006, 06:25 AM
I changed my mind about doing my Bible Black cosplay. I'll be going as Revy from Black Lagoon instead. I'll still be doing Archer and hopefully Dion Roger's Rinoa.

Milai Sapphire
08-27-2006, 10:40 AM
I changed my mind about doing my Bible Black cosplay. I'll be going as Revy from Black Lagoon instead. I'll still be doing Archer and hopefully Dion Roger's Rinoa.

Oooh Revy from Black Lagoon. She's cool. ^^ Hope to see you there.

As for my costumes, heh heh I might add a Gundam SEED cosplay to the mix, but that's still up in the air. XD

Wind
08-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Ill be wearing my Bankai Ichigo again, but I really want to get/try out a Roy Mustang costume from FMA

Chas
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Hitachiin Kaoru [Ouran Koukou Host Club]
Sakuraba Haruto [Eyeshield 21]
Yzak Jule [Gundam SEED]

Someone from Prince of Tennis, a couple secret costumes and hopefully Kanda Yuu from D.Gray-Man. After that just re-used stuff from Ani-Magic and Ani-Jam! I'll be sure to have a fully rounded schedule. x)

Michi
08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Now that YaoiCon's a bit closer...

I'm definitely planning on Billy Kane from the Fatal Fury/The King of Fighters series. It'll be a mix of a couple of his costumes, because he's shirtless in the one I really want to do and I can't pull that off. XD Probably a mix of FF2 and RBFFS. o_o;

Yes. I also want to bring my Touga Kiryuu costume that should be completed next month, like I said before.

I dunno what else I'll have, since I haven't been too inspired lately... Maybe I'll have time to finally remake my Shingo Yabuki costume. ;_;

Tohma
08-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Hitachiin Kaoru [Ouran Koukou Host Club]
Sakuraba Haruto [Eyeshield 21]
Yzak Jule [Gundam SEED]

Someone from Prince of Tennis, a couple secret costumes and hopefully Kanda Yuu from D.Gray-Man. After that just re-used stuff from Ani-Magic and Ani-Jam! I'll be sure to have a fully rounded schedule. x)

*flails* Eyeshield 21 cosplay! This makes me happy ^_^ Can't wait to see your Sakuraba! And Yzak!! Ah Gundam seed cosplay always pleases me and it sounds like there will be quite a few this year. Makes me wish I was bringing my Dearka...too bad that wig will already be in use for Orpherus for that con ^^;;

So my confirmed costume list is:
Sasuke from Naruto (two versions)
Orpherus from Meine Liebe
Ichigo from Bleach (With Ririn)

And that is all I can pack in my suitcase and pray that makes it to CA from NC ^^

Hinoto
08-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Mmmmm...I'll probly be doing a few..
One "secret" costume
Keisuke from Togainu no Chi
Possibly a kodona-esque outfit depending on time/budget.

positivespace
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Both of my costumes will be with groups of friends, so I'm really excited about them. (Although, I'm positive the con will be Ouran'd out by the end of the weekend. LOL)

Hikaru - Ouran High School Host Club
French Lace - Ibara

Vendieh
09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be able to go or not, but my plans thus far are:

Dio Eraclea (LastExile)
Jakotsu (InuYasha)

DarkenedWings
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
As always, I will be cosplaying Naruto ninjas. Re-using two older costumes (Sasuke's blue outfit, Sai) and will be hopefully bringing two new ones. (Sasori and Itachi, Akatsuki versions.)

And like always, I will be hanging around IrukaSensei22, and we will have complementary costumes for most days, I believe. ^^;

This'll be my very first Yaoi-Con. I'm really excited. See you all there!

cherryteagirl5
09-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I plan on wearing:

Tsutomu from Bust a Groove 2

^_^ I'm excited, this will be my first Yaoi-con also!! I'll probably only go on Saturday though.

Miss Tea
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
im excited as well for my first Yaoi-con! ^_^

costume-wise, i didnt bring much up north with me, but i will wearing Yoruichi (BLEACH) for sure. i'll also be dragging along Jung-Woo Im (Kill Me, Kiss Me) - his casual outfit, and the plan is to have his summer school uniform done as well in time. :D we'll see.

Jujubeans
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
WOOHOO GO JUNG-WOO...Im. lol :D

JigokuSchuldich
09-15-2006, 05:05 PM
My costume list :3

Kyle (adventure outfit) - Suikoden V
Keisuke - Togainu no Chi
Akito/Agito (orange straightjacket) - Air Gear
Iwai Takuto - Gakuen Heaven
Humanoid Giroro (original/fanart-based) - Keroro Gunsou
Nekozawa - Ouran Host Club

Maybes:
Luc - Suikoden III
Kazu (street outing version) - Air Gear

Milai Sapphire
09-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Yay~ Iwai-kun, Gakuen Heaven cosplay. I'll have to keep an eye out for you jigoku~ :D

Updated Cosplay List:
- Eduard (Meine Liebe)
- Kaoru (Gakuen Heaven)
- Ringo - school uniform (Air Gear)
- Akazawa (Prince of Tennis)
- something Gundam SEED/Destiny???

JigokuSchuldich
09-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Yay~ Iwai-kun, Gakuen Heaven cosplay. I'll have to keep an eye out for you jigoku~ :D

Updated Cosplay List:
- Eduard (Meine Liebe)
- Kaoru (Gakuen Heaven)
- Ringo - school uniform (Air Gear)
- Akazawa (Prince of Tennis)
- something Gundam SEED/Destiny???

LoL! It's Mr. Queen! XD Can't wait to see your cosplay too! You'll find me bringing my sketchbook and drawing random gheipr0n flowers :3

Milai Sapphire
09-17-2006, 02:06 AM
LoL! It's Mr. Queen! XD Can't wait to see your cosplay too! You'll find me bringing my sketchbook and drawing random gheipr0n flowers :3

Yay~ Sketchbook for drawing. I'll have to bring some pretty tea cups. I wouldn't last without my afternoon tea... (which is very true actually. Love my tea). I'll drink, you sketch = perfect picture. :D

Ashadeus
09-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Looks like I'll be attending my very first Yaoi Con this year, assuming everything goes according to plan. Although unfinalized, prospective costumes include:

Ran "Aya" Fujimiya (Weiss Kreuz)
Iori Yagami (King of Fighters)
Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach)
Raitou Yagami (Deathnote)
Organization Riku (Kingdom Hearts II)
Tseng (Final Fantasy VII)

I'll try to bring costumes that compliment other cosplayer's; makes photos more interesting that way. I might end up being characteristically indecisive and just lugging everyone along in a giant suitcase >>. We'll see.

Oh yeah, quick question: I'll be turning 18 on October 21st, so do you think staff will still let me register for a full weekend, even if I'm techinically not 18 the for the first half of the convention?

HeeroJF
09-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Here's my list:

Monsieur King! We'll look stylish both wearing out Trowa-Endless Waltz costumes! Maybe one of us should change our hair a bit to end up being Heero or Duo and create a pairing.

--Setzer Gabbiani (Kingdom Hearts II) <maybe, if the situation works out ideally

edit 08/06: Aaaaaand looks like no Setzer for this con. Sadly when it comes to burning holes in my finances doll hobby > gay purple cosplay

Hey there friend! Your Setzer project has me SO giddy! A shame really that it can't make it this year, but I hope to see it some other time!

So far, I'm bringing:

Duo Maxwell - GundamW
Trowa Barton - Endless Waltz (interchangeable into Duo by adding braid)
Hiro Nagano - Gravitation
Envy - FMA

DragonKeeper
09-25-2006, 12:31 AM
EBK! xD eep! it was fun seeing you at JTAF 06. thanks for taking pics of my Bleach costume and my blue trident weapon ;) but yes for Yaoi Con06:

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden/DOA)
Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

and probably one other but havent decided

RaineSquall
09-25-2006, 02:09 AM
I am poor this year so one costume for me. Ayame from Fruits Basket. I have had the wig for 3 years...and I planned to do this costume the last 2 years...But I am doing it now. I was Duo last year...If my hair wasn't blonde now I could do him again...but now my extensions I bought don't match my hair color. *shrug* I can't wait!

CosplayerJJ
09-25-2006, 03:58 AM
If I can make it I will be Link(OoT).

Sesshomaru 12
09-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Is there going to be a FF7 gathering??

Jujubeans
09-27-2006, 08:57 PM
So I had it planned to go to YC this year, but since I'm changing jobs, YC is a no go. Maybe next year.

KittyCatChi
09-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Is there going to be a FF7 gathering??
http://www.yaoicon.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,198/page,viewforum/f,6/sid,2163815f7235595c922ba21ce2befa78/

It's on the Yaoi-con website XD

Planned costumes:
~*Tamaki* but own male harem version*host club*
~Friend will be wearing *Nekozawa* host club*cosplay i'm making for him ^.^
~might bring Tifa AC/KH for a change of pace but all depends how heavy the Tamaki cosplay is @_@

Fallen_Magician
09-28-2006, 01:39 AM
I'll be going as Heat from Bust A Move 1. I too will also be going to Yaoi Con for only Saturday.

Sesshomaru 12
10-02-2006, 03:49 PM
so... no one knows if there is going to be a FF7 gathering.. :(

Ill try to start one (key-word "try").

KittyCatChi
10-02-2006, 04:59 PM
so... no one knows if there is going to be a FF7 gathering.. :(

Ill try to start one (key-word "try").

O_o check my previous post hun. ^.^'

CosplayerJJ
10-03-2006, 03:01 AM
So far all systems go for me. I'll be in tights and have a sword on my back and hopefully catch up with my friends to do funny yaoi pictures.

Costumes Plan:
Link(OoT)

Miss Tea
10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
aw man, it looks like there's a good chance i wont be making it Yaoi-con after all. :( time, money, and other commitments are making it look like i have a slimmer and slimmer chance of heading out for it.

in the like 10% chance i have of making it out for the con, i'll be wearing Yoruichi and casual Jung-Woo. i hope that those of you who do make it have a great time and i cant wait to see pictures!

Michi
10-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Blahhh cosplay. I'm just gonna wear Billy Kane now. At least I should have a prop, too, which is nice. :3

Ellome
10-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I changed it up 8D And forgot until I saw Michichu post :3

List is as follows:

Secretx2
Naruse Yukihiro [Gakuen Heaven]
Otori Kyoya [Ouran High Host Club]
Kira Izuru [Bleach]

Andddddddd maybe one or two more, but I dunno what 8F! Time to get cracking! A-M's been over for three days! XD

CosplayerJJ
10-05-2006, 12:35 AM
I can't go, made a deal with my g/f to go next year.*sigh*

WindoftheStars
10-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Gah! Yaoi con is sooooo close now. I don't know about the rest of you but I have been busting my butt trying to get my costumes finished. So if all goes well here is what I will be wearing

-Sophitia Alexandra (Soul Calibur 3 1p)
-Sailor Moon (R manga version)
-Super Sailor Moon (Manga Version)
-Usagi High School uniform (maybe... not sure if I want to bring it)

Does anyone know of any Soul Cal or SM gatherings? I checked the Yaoi con website forums with no luck.

OMG so close and so exciting!!:toothy:

Eurobeat King
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Gah! Yaoi con is sooooo close now. I don't know about the rest of you but I have been busting my butt trying to get my costumes finished. So if all goes well here is what I will be wearing

-Sophitia Alexandra (Soul Calibur 3 1p)
-Sailor Moon (R manga version)
-Super Sailor Moon (Manga Version)
-Usagi High School uniform (maybe... not sure if I want to bring it)

Does anyone know of any Soul Cal or SM gatherings? I checked the Yaoi con website forums with no luck.

OMG so close and so exciting!!:toothy:

Yay! Glad you can make it out to Yaoicon, after you made it out here for JTAF back in September. :) Can't wait to see you and take pictures of your costumes.

Since this is Y-con, there aren't too many gatherings that aren't yaoi/bishonen-ai, so you may not have too many people wearing SM costumes. But not to say these costumes aren't welcome at the con, you just won't see too many of them to form a gathering. Don't feel discouraged tho, if you're one of the few SM and SC cosplayers there.

I do know some friends who will be coming to Y-con again, and they have some nice SC costumes (they brought them last year just for a private photoshoot) and I also have a BayArea friend who has one. But I'm unsure if they'll bring them or not, but I can ask.

Winter Divinity
10-10-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm so unsure what to bring, but for sure my Bible Black costume. It needs camera love.

hojou
10-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Perpare yourself for Jack bandit

Aya Brea X
10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Planning on at least one, maybe two (if I can finish) costumes!

Hikari Netto (around 65% done at this point) from Rockman EXE
Shindou Hikaru from Hikaru no Go

and maybe

Heather Morris from Silent Hill

Eurobeat King
10-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Still deciding which costumes to wear for the Y-con weekend.. I might do it like this:

Friday: Shinji Ikari w/Pen-Pen (Evangelion)
Saturday morning: Trowa Barton Mariemaya-uniform (Gundam Wing Endless Waltz)
Saturday evening: Saitou Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin)
Sunday morning: Ryosuke Takahashi w/ FC3S (Initial D) or Ghostbusters

For the Ghostbusters costume Lionel and I might practice wearing them (on loan from NeoDave) before we wear them to the Winchester Mystery House gathering on Halloween. As for Ryosuke, if I have time, I'll try to fix up the FC and get some final pictures of it before truly retiring ver. 1.0 permanently.. We'll see by next weekend! ;)

Vasyenka
10-12-2006, 04:24 AM
I don't know exactly what costumes I'll be wearing each day, although this is what I have planned so far:

Schoolboy!Ritsuka Aoyagi (Loveless -anime-)
RedBondage!Ritsuka Aoyagi (Loveless -Artbook cover-)
Pam (Silver Chaos)
Azel (Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata)
Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing -priest outfit)

RoyxEd4Ever
10-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah, quick question: I'll be turning 18 on October 21st, so do you think staff will still let me register for a full weekend, even if I'm techinically not 18 the for the first half of the convention?

Aya, I'd hate to tell you this, but if you don't turn 18 until Saturday of the con, you can only attend Saturday and Sunday. I think it's federal policy and it's also on yaoicon.com's rules. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Shadow Wolfwind
10-13-2006, 05:26 AM
I've finally got a good idea on what I'm bringing to Yaoicon.

Mori [Ouran Highschool Host Club]
Atobe (gay version) [Prince of Tennis]
Yuri [Kyo Kara Maou]
Keisuke [Togainu no Chi]

I'll be wearing a couple of other costumes as well, but I've them worn at other cons, so they aren't anything special.

Ashadeus
10-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Aya, I'd hate to tell you this, but if you don't turn 18 until Saturday of the con, you can only attend Saturday and Sunday. I think it's federal policy and it's also until yaoicon.com's rules. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Tch, alright. I thought as much. Better than missing out on the entire convention I suppose. Thanks for letting me know. One more thing: are minors allowed to meander about the lobbies and such, so long as they don't try to sneak into the events or dealer's room? Just to interact with fellow con-goers?

RoyxEd4Ever
10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Tch, alright. I thought as much. Better than missing out on the entire convention I suppose. Thanks for letting me know. One more thing: are minors allowed to meander about the lobbies and such, so long as they don't try to sneak into the events or dealer's room? Just to interact with fellow con-goers?

I think as long as you're not going into parts of the con that requires you to show a badge, I think you're good.

BART Boy
10-13-2006, 09:11 PM

besides, saturday is always the best part of a 3-day con anyhow!! and not to mention I haven't seen you in awhile!

what costumes do you have planned for this time? =D

Tifa on a Cloud
10-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Well, I know I'll be wearing Kaji (Evangelion) as part of what has apparently becoe known as, "The [Pimp] Gendou Project", still looking for others to join there. Wink, Wink.

Being the last major con, I'll see about making sure The Count (Gankutsuou) makes his appearence. I got a makeup-less appearence in at Ani-magic, but I'm hoping to get the full costume out.

Eurobeat King
10-14-2006, 04:57 AM
I'm so unsure what to bring, but for sure my Bible Black costume. It needs camera love.

I'll besure to find you for pictures of your BB costume. :) Are you going to bring any other costumes with you?

Last year there was a large group of DeathNote cosplayers hanging in the lobby, and I think most of were under 18.. :thumbsup: And the year before my friends wore their Alucard & Anderson costumes and just stayed in the lobby for pictures. No harm in hanging around in the lobby, (unless the con EXPANDS their con-area out to the lobby this year), but it's a great con, and worth buying a badge for if you're of age and can afford it. There's lots of stuff to buy in the dealers' room, and you get to participate/watch the events like bishy-bingo, the masquerade, the bishy-auction, and more! :)

Michi
10-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I am absolutely swamped with moving this weekend... I dunno if I'll have time to make anything new for YaoiCon anymore, but we'll see how busy I end up being during the week. Sigh!

Eurobeat King
10-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I am absolutely swamped with moving this weekend... I dunno if I'll have time to make anything new for YaoiCon anymore, but we'll see how busy I end up being during the week. Sigh!

What would you bring to Y-con? Most likely not Kasumi, right? Although, OBChan might be bringing her Elliott costume since she didn't wear it at AniMagic. ;)

Ashadeus
10-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Mmkay, sounds good. If I can manage to convince my parent to let me ditch Friday for Yaoi Con, I'll be there wandering about, spending my last day as a minor in the lobbies like a dork. Thanks for letting me know I won't be attacked by con-police if I show up^^.

BART Boy: It seems like forever since I saw you, too. This time Rath and I are planning a KoF cosplay: I'll be going as Iori Yagami and she'll be there to fight me as Kyo Kusanagi. It'll be fun. I might bring along Aya (Weiss Kreuz) and Riku (Kingdom Hearts II) just in case.

Gah, I can't wait><. See you all there!

Baka Neko
10-16-2006, 03:19 AM
Last year there was a large group of DeathNote cosplayers hanging in the lobby, and I think most of were under 18..

I was one of the many Ls chillin' in the lobby (but I'm actually of age haha XD)

Like the past 2 years, I'll be cosplaying L from Death Note and I'll probably bring Twister with me ( like I did for AX 05 & Y-Con 05 :3 )

Winter Divinity
10-16-2006, 07:20 AM
I'll besure to find you for pictures of your BB costume. :) Are you going to bring any other costumes with you?

No idea! Hehe. Any requests? I am trying to at least cosplay the same series with my friends, but no luck, they seem to be doing their own things. ><

Eurobeat King
10-16-2006, 09:40 AM
No idea! Hehe. Any requests? I am trying to at least cosplay the same series with my friends, but no luck, they seem to be doing their own things. ><

Did I miss any of your costumes at AX? Your Chii and Yuna are always pretty, so if you wanted more pictures of those, you could bring those. :) Last time I'll see you this year until AnimeLA/Fanime 2007.. *sniff* It's up to you, of course. ;) Bring whichever costumes you feel like wearing.

Shey
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok, I finally know exactly what I'm bringing! Actually I've know for a while but I wasn't sure what I was going to get done in time.

Touda from YnM. I'll have a group with me, Byakko, Tsuzuki, Hisoka and Suzaku.
Riku from KH2, with a Sora
Seimei from Loveless
Eduard from Meine Liebe with Orphe and Naoji
A modern-day-school-teacher Kakashi, at the request of my roommate. We'll have Iruka, Naruto, Sasuke, Neji and Kabuto too.

Not sure what costumes are going to be what days. We'll probably figure that out on Thursday. I don't really have time for all of these...Seimei might not get worn, I don't have to wear him for any groups.

Michi
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM
What would you bring to Y-con? Most likely not Kasumi, right? Although, OBChan might be bringing her Elliott costume since she didn't wear it at AniMagic. ;)

Goodness no. Kasumi is taking a break for a while anyway. ^^; I don't really have any costumes I'd wanna wear there. I may just hang out.

RoyxEd4Ever
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Shey, do you know if there's a Yami gathering at the con? If not, someone should organize one! XD (or maybe we can?)

Vasyenka
10-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't really have time for all of these...Seimei might not get worn, I don't have to wear him for any groups.

Would you wear your Seimei for one of my many Ritsukas for a mini shoot? <3

Winter Divinity
10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Did I miss any of your costumes at AX? Your Chii and Yuna are always pretty, so if you wanted more pictures of those, you could bring those. :) Last time I'll see you this year until AnimeLA/Fanime 2007.. *sniff* It's up to you, of course. ;) Bring whichever costumes you feel like wearing.

I missed you completely at AX. We kept bumping into each other at the wrong times, haha. Well for sure I'll stick around and find you this time!

Eurobeat King
10-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I missed you completely at AX. We kept bumping into each other at the wrong times, haha. Well for sure I'll stick around and find you this time!

Yaoicon isn't AX, so I'm sure you'll find me frequently throughout the weekend for pictures! :)

My costume-list might change a little, since I'm going to be staying at the Vagabond Inn rather than one of the con-hotels. I'm still going to try to fix up the FC3S for an appearance during the weekend, but unsure to wear it either Friday or Sunday.

Leishu
10-17-2006, 03:41 AM
If it's bishie off-time and you need a lift somewhere nearby or something during bishie offtime, King, you can feel free to hit me up, 'kay? I'm always willing to do one such as yourself a favor if it's wanted.

My costume list is infuriating. The auction outfit, especially. It's hard because I'm designing cosplay outfits with purposes for which cosplay outfits are not usually meant, the crossplay dynamic aside.

I'm still wondering if I should wander around as Gau for a few hours. The fact that it gets a little chilly in SF is my motivation not to, though :p

XanaTenshi
10-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll be premiering my Howl costume (Howl's Moving Castle). I'm doing blonde Howl before he has problems with his magical hair dye. :toothy:

I'll also be Ibu Shinji (Prince or Tennis) or I could decide to be Tachibana (it depends if I can get Shinji's wig right or not).

I'm also going to be part of a cosplay group doing School Themed Naruto! I'm going to be Science Teacher Kabuto. (Though I almost think I should be Creepy Nurse Kabuto). :geek:

Eurobeat King
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah.. umm.. the FC3S is too damaged to be fixed in-time to look presentable for Yaoicon, so no Ryosuke & car for me this weekend. :blubber: But at least that frees up the back-seat of my Cadillac for costumes, food, passengers, etc. :)

So my finalized list is Shinji, Endless Waltz Trowa, Saitou, and Ghostbusters.

3 more days to go! :D

Tohma
10-17-2006, 11:06 PM
So my finalized list is Shinji, Endless Waltz Trowa, Saitou, and Ghostbusters.

3 more days to go! :D

I am sad at no Ryosuke ;_; But you will get hugged as Trowa XD *fangirl flail*

Ah! I fly out tomorrow! Scary! Can't wait though ^_^ My finalized list is: Sasuke (schoolboy and PJ versions), Orpherus (Meine Liebe), Byakko (yami no matsuei), Ichigo (Bleach).

When Shey and Xana figure out the cosplay schedule then I will know when i am wearing what XD Ichigo may not get worn but I'm taking it in case I get sick of something else.

See everyone soon!

Eurobeat King
10-18-2006, 12:00 AM
I am sad at no Ryosuke ;_; But you will get hugged as Trowa XD *fangirl flail*

Sorry.. there's just too much damage (to name all of it would take a while.. hehe) and I didn't want people to see it incomplete and battle-scarred. Ryosuke himself never damaged his FC once in the anime.. ;)

I'll be wearing Trowa probably Saturday morning, and then switching to Saitou around the time for the masquerade, a reversal from last-year. I'll be awaiting those hugs when I'm T-boy. :D

Have a safe flight! (to everyone who's flying to Y-con)

Mekou
10-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Only a few more days to go and I begin my trip today! ^_^ I'm only bringing two costumes, one being Fuu (Samurai Champloo) and the other being a remake of my DARE! Noodle (Gorillaz) outfit. >.> Would have made something more but I couldn't decide so I gave up on that. *thumbs up* I can't wait until the con! See everyone there I suppose. ^_^

Ashadeus
10-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Tch.

Things aren't working out according to plan. My friend and I aren't sure if we'll be able to make it to the con at all due to transportation issues, and even if we're able to go, we'll likey only be down for one day. Pray it's Saturday.

Also, our KoF cosplay is far from finished, so if we manage to snag a ride we'll probably be there as Byakuya and Renji (kimono version). If all else fails costume-wise, I've got Aya Fujimiya in my back pocket...just in case.

Really hope to see everyone there.

Eurobeat King
10-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Things aren't working out according to plan. My friend and I aren't sure if we'll be able to make it to the con at all due to transportation issues, and even if we're able to go, we'll likey only be down for one day. Pray it's Saturday.

Really hope to see everyone there.

Eeps! I hope you can make it.. :eek: You've been looking forward to this convention and it wouldn't be the same w/o you there.. :( Besides, if you don't go, that's less pictures for me to take.. Please do your best to make it, even for just one day. :)

COSTUME UPDATE: Ackk.. Lionel has to work on Sunday, so no Ghostbusters costume for me.. :blubber: We'll have to wait until the Halloween gathering to wear those then. hmmm.. I guess I will wear Ryosuke on Sunday, but I'll just be walking around with the chibi FC3S car. So look for me that morning/afternoon. :skidude2:

I'll be walking around with my AE86 Trueno plushie tomorrow, but not really cosplaying as Takumi. ;)

Hikaru-Jan
10-20-2006, 02:00 AM
There might be a slight chance that I may not do Archer for Saturday depending if I can still make it on Friday. If I can't go Friday, then I might as well do Revy for Saturday and Sunday, and possibly I can try to sneak in D. Rinoa. *hopes to make it on Friday*