PDA

View Full Version : The new Weiss Kruez (Gluhen). Opinions anyone?

aya
08-06-2002, 11:50 PM
*sigh*

For all you original Weiss Kruez fans who have not seen the new Gluhen art, see here: http://www.koyasutakehito.com/weiss/index.html

These designs are the result of some lady who sued Project Weiss and forced them to re-create our beautiful Ran, Omi, Ken, and Yohji.

I don't like it.

However, there are some people who actually do like it.

I wanna hear all opinions. Tell me what ya think! XD

Quies
08-07-2002, 12:12 AM
well..my friend was rather mad at it.
she didn't like Aya's new look because it was no fun to insult him if he was actually cute. I though that the new omi look was bad because he was no longer innocent looking.
ken's not that bad but he looks... off in that pic and yoji just looks freaky. the hat scares me.
i don't have a huge oppinion about this outside of an aesthic point because all knowladge comes form my before metioned friend and a pic i did on her request that crossed the CCS charecters with them.

aya
08-07-2002, 12:15 AM
Ya know what I heard? I heard that they're making this new Ken into another Farfarello. Omi into another Taketori, and Yohji into some guy who wants to strangle girls, and Ran...is normal. *blink*

It may be true, and it may not be. Baaah. ~_~;

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 12:29 AM
My absolute first thought when I saw the redesigns was that Aya looks like Gackt. It may be just me. But he looks like Gackt. I don't like the new Youji; I may be biased cause I can't cosplay this version. But I think the coat is stupid. Nothing against the hat cause he has that in the manga. I kinda like Ken's outfit, but he looks really generic beyond that. And Omi really looks like a reject from Clamp Campus Detectives. :P They don't look like outfits anyone would really wear, I think the other ones were more believable. It looks like a one shot image from an artbook, not a character design . . . well my opinions anyway.

aya
08-07-2002, 12:31 AM
I hate them all except the Ran one. Ran looks good. but its not Ran!! *whine*

Yggdrasil Pie
08-07-2002, 01:02 AM
Wha--wha--WHAT?!! Who...or why did they sue themmmm!??? Now all of them look freakish...except Aya...he looks okay...

soshi
08-07-2002, 02:49 AM
I sorta like Aya's...

what was the lawsuit about? I haven't heard about it.

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 09:39 AM
My reaction was: Clamp redesigned WK?
Then I wanted to weep at poor Youji. He looks terrible.

All in all, only Aya looks nice and I have to say I love his outfit, it's very much in line with things I like to cosplay, i.e. intricate militaristic uniforms that could be done in PVC. ^___^

Now I want to see Schwartz! Or maybe not. What will they do to my pretty bespectacled Bradley? >__< (The word "pretty" being used in reference to the MANGA not the ANIME.)

It seems to me they are trying to make the series hip, which is sad, because the only thing going for it was how awful it was. I don't remember laughing so hard at any other anime. ^___^

Asukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

aya
08-07-2002, 10:07 AM
...God..I'm scared to see what they're going to do to Schwarz. *gag*

As for the lawsuit...I'm not really sure. All I know is that some weird lady sued because she said that she made up WK. ~_~;

Yukai
08-07-2002, 10:23 AM
I don't like the new designs very much myself. I mean maybe Aya, but I truly can't stand the rest.

My friend is obsessed, I'll aske her if she knows about the lawsuit. *~prepares to get an earfull~*

aya
08-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Hahahaha. Agreed. XD

hanya nyo
08-07-2002, 10:44 AM
O_O why and what were they sued for??? there was nothing wrong with the priginal chracters...i don;t see why someone would do that....

Omi just plain scares me >_< They ruined ken. Aya looks overly bishonen and Yohji looks like a redneck o.O;; i dun like the new ones at all.......sorry peoples

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 10:57 AM
> why and what were they sued for???

I think it was about intellectual property and who owned the original designs, so instead of fighting they re-designed the characters... I didn't care enough to find out the details, sorry. ^___^

Sami
08-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Poor, poor Youji.. he looks like freakin' Cowboy Andy from Cowboy Bebop. @_@;;

If I had to pick one of them that I actually liked, it would have to be Ken. He still looks sort of Ken-ish. Omi just looks like he let himself go and got lazy or something, because that hair style/color is just awful. x_x And Ran looks creepy. ;_; Can't see the ponytail in that pic, but I'm pretty sure he has one..

I also don't want to know what they'll do to Schwarz. Bradley and SchuSchu.. disgraced! *weep*

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 01:21 PM
I don't think he looks like Andy . . . lol. Interesting about the lawsuit, I didn't know that. Maybe I'll try and track down some more details . . .

Rosiel - Yep, I have a friend who's a super Weiss fan. Personally I like it for the high camp factor. (Come on, it's campy! Campy can be good.) lol right after I saw that scene in the first ep, the most random anime death ever. ^^

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 01:33 PM
Sometimes I wonder... did the people who write WK and voiced the characters actually took it seriously? ^___^

Actually WK has the (dubious) distinction of having spawned a copious amount of fanfiction that is much better than the series itself. (One that comes to mind instantly is "The color of joy"... amazing amazing thing... too bad it hasn't been updated in eons!)

But yes, I enjoy the camp too. For me WK is the equivalent of those B movies that so bad they are hilarious...

soshi
08-07-2002, 01:55 PM
most of the fanfiction I've read could kick the crap out of the animated series. I know I'll be stoned to death by rabid fangirls for this, but the anime was just BAD.

the manga, however, is loveley! ;D

I hope they don't even touch Shwartz @_@ leave poor Bradely alone. @_@;

aya
08-07-2002, 02:34 PM
the anime WAS bad. the manga is BEAAAUTIFUL. But i still like the anime for some reason. Lol. XD

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 02:51 PM
> the manga, however, is loveley! ;D

Ooooooooooooooooh yes. *loves it*
The art is so gorgeous.

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 02:56 PM
It has sexy guys. We are female. We're supposed to like it. XD lol

I actually read this one-shot prologue manga before I saw the series . . . is that all the more there is?

I've never read fanfiction. Of any kind. Nothing against it, I just don't know where to find it, let alone where to find GOOD fanfiction. Or "so bad it's hilarious" fanfiction, I wouldn't mind that either. ^^

Ali-kun
08-07-2002, 04:41 PM
Youji does look really scary x.x;; Of course...it might just be a case of them getting a crappy person to do the pic, the anime had that problem LOTS of times ^^; The joy of Weiss: how so many fangirls can be so insanely crazy about something SO BAD *giggles* The fandom and the voices - the only good that comes of Weiss Kreuz. The music even kinda sucks - a lot of the songs are great and catchy and such (with *koff* a few exceptions...) but nothing fancy. You'd think a group with such varied voices would be able to do spiffy harmonizing and such, at least x.x A lot of the vocals make me sad with their flatness.

...as Ali wanders off track... ^_^
Aya = yum. Some points about the other pictures scare me, but I think if they had different pictures it might be okay. Ken's eyes really frighten me, and Omi's hair is screwy (it hangs over his eye like that and ends up looking like a monocle XD) but it might just be the angle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see them actually animated. Wait, what am I talking about? x_@ The animation was the worst part! Hmm, wonder if they managed to get more money this time around?

I don't know specific details on the necessity for re-doing the character designs, but if I remember correctly...the original character designs were done by Kyoko Tsuchiya, the uberspiffy pretty-artist lady who did the manga. Rar, I wish she'd done more pictures with yaoi hintings than with yuri (although Manx and Birman are very cute ^_~)
So they give her money and make a TV show and lalala, it's all happy and stuff. Then...they wanted to make another series but they didn't ask her first if they could, iono, renew the contract with the designs or something? *shrugs* Something that was supposed to happen between Gluhen's producers and Kyoko Tsuchiya...didn't. And she got mad or bitchy or something and sued. Of course, I wish they could have worked it out because I liked the old designs better, but... >_<

Isn't Gluhen supposed to pick up after one of the drama CDs? That would explain weird messed up-ness like farfie!Ken and takatori!Omi...well, okay, it's still messed up. But, uh...okay, yeah, messed up - end of story. As if those guys need MORE angst, after what they get put through by, oh, just about EVERYONE ^^

aya
08-07-2002, 07:09 PM
LoL!!! Angst is always good though! XDDDD

Ayaka
08-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey, the advantage of some of the vocals being flat is, you sound WAY better doing karaoke. *Naga laugh*

Michi
08-08-2002, 05:05 AM
Aya's rather sexy. But it doesn't look like AYA. x_x Oh well.

Luna
08-10-2002, 11:25 PM
lol...yup, yup...TV series were bad but OVA is even worse...but WK boys didn't deserve to look like THIS now, lol, especially Yohji...*bawling* Not Yohji! Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase!
Omi and Ken look like Gundam Pilots...

I got WK DVD and only thing I enjoy on it - outtakes! That was funny!!!!!!!! Buahahahaha.... and Yohji is really nice to look at...I just mute the whole thing and look at Yohji.....*drools*

Rosiel
08-11-2002, 10:41 AM
> and Yohji is really nice to look at...I just mute the whole thing and look at Yohji.....*drools*

LOL I love my mangas... but I tend to have a thing for Bradley. Men in glasses and armani suits. *purrrrrrrrrrrrr*

*lol*

Poor Brad looks pretty bad in the series though... and yes I loved the Youji character design... and that coat of his really had flair.

(rambling this morning it seems)

Shadra D
08-11-2002, 12:51 PM
*just stares*

N-no... Ken... Omi... Aya.... OH MY GOD, YOHJI! So what if the anime was next to pointless and any females seen in it are supposed to die that same episode!

Oh, the horror, the horror! I cried when they named it 'Knight Hunter' in the US release (you should have seen me carrying on when I saw the preview on the Mahou Tsukai Tai DVD.. LMAO, I hadn't slept that night anyway (it was new years) and I started shouting and crying...

Really, I don't even like the anime that much, and I haven't read the manga, but.. Damn, cute guys, killing people, selling flowers! Who needs plot? And Omi looks like Hisoka!

Rosi, did you see that? OMI LOOKS LIKE HISOKA!

But that's in the original. Now he looks... Clamp-ish o_o

And you and you obsession with bespecticaled men.. is that the only reason you like Tatsumi? Because he wears glasses? And a suit? LMAO, if I put Hisoka in glasses and a suit would you like him too? *dies*

Oookaay, yes, very strange today... The Dead Parrot Sketch idea was just the start. *ominous*

Rosiel
08-11-2002, 01:42 PM
> Rosi, did you see that? OMI LOOKS LIKE HISOKA!

He also looks like that guy in Gravitation.

> And you and you obsession with bespecticaled men.. is that the only reason you like Tatsumi? Because he wears glasses? And a suit?

Treize needs glasses. Then he would really be perfect.
Speaking of glasses, I came upon a DJ where Kunzite (Sailor Moon) wears glasses. *______________* Ooooooooooh my.

And no, Tatsumi is a grump, that's also a big reason why I like him, I think it's cute. Aya is a little like that too. ^___^

> LMAO, if I put Hisoka in glasses and a suit would you like him too? *dies*

Nope. He looks 15! I like M-E-N not B-O-Y-S. ;)
And boy did that wander off-topic...

aya
08-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Nyahhh...Omi no look like Hisoka (if you mean from Yami).

And which guy from Gravitation? *LOVES Gravitation, cosplayed Shuichi once*

Rosiel
08-12-2002, 04:28 PM
> And which guy from Gravitation?

The one that looks like Omi! (Sorry that's what I know him as LOL)
Short, spunky, same eyes, same hairstyle just hair dyed pink.
If I remember correctly he sleeps with the tall blonde at the end of the first episode (or was it 2nd? I gave up at that point..)

*is highly unknowledgeable about Gravi*

aya
08-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Gravi is goooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDD

And ya! That's the one I cosplayed, Shuichi. ^^ He's doesn't look too much like that Omi...*twitch* But then again, OMI SHOULDN'T LOOK LIKE THAT!!!! XD

SohjiroX
08-14-2002, 12:42 AM
There awesome but old is always better at times.

aya
08-14-2002, 09:46 AM
hai hai! XD