PDA

View Full Version : Boston/Baltimore Travel Plans 2006

*Shiva*
07-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Heya!

This going to be my first Otakon, and I'm psyched - about everything except getting there. The prospect of traveling by myself is a bit intimidating. For you vets, what do you reccomend is the best way of getting there? Is anyone else traveling from the Boston area who'd like to travel together - maybe we can get a group rate on train tickets or something. Let me know! :)

Xx Lulu xX
07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Well im coming from NJ, and it isnt that bad of a drive for me. Most people from boston say taking amtrak, and i think theres a big group of people going together this year. Personally, If you have the money I'd just fly from Boston, but if thats not convenient, I'd just stick with the train, just because its cheaper and you wont be alone.

LyddieGal
07-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Amtrak is really quite expensive, but it's easy, generally fast and reliable and you can get a discount if your a AAA memeber. However flying might be cheaper and probably faster, as long as your rinoa wings are able to travel easily in a suit case!

you are going to have so much fun at otakon -- can't wait to see you there!

*Shiva*
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
flying might be cheaper and probably faster, as long as your rinoa wings are able to travel easily in a suit case!

LOL - that's the problem with flying I think - neither those or my Adel wings pack very well - just to get them to Anime Boston I had to fold them up, cover them in trash bags and carry them around in my art portfoilio. >0<

I'm starting to think I should just suck it up and go with Amtrak.

MagentaFox
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
My friends and I leave BRIGHT AND EARLY and drive down on Thursday. There are 3 cars between us and when one car stops for a bathroom break or to eat... ALL three go.

Lethardicus
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
this is for 2006 right? i get it right this time? lol man yeah, me and 6 friends taking the chinatown bus, 70$ each roundtrip in all thursday morning, so, eyyyy. my first otakon....hahaha Shiva thanks for the heads up the other day

Sweet~Pea
07-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I took the train last year. It was ok price because a friend got a great group rate and going with a 10-12 people can be entertaining, but if you have the choice between the plane and train, I'd say plane. 10 hours on a train vs. an hour flying...
As for wings: Kurthy133 got her evil belldandy wings to AX on the plane in a cardboard/tape portfolio as a carry-on item so you could probably get your wings on as long as they're not crazy or can't be flat.
Hope I bump into you at Otakon :heart:

*Shiva*
07-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I hope I see you all there! ^^

After checking all my options I think I'm going to opt for the train. If anyone else is going by train this year, let me know! Maybe we can hang out some of the 7 hour trip. xD

Lethardicus
07-26-2006, 02:32 PM
anyone else taking the train?