PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bussing from Toronto?

paranoiaprinces
07-19-2006, 01:59 AM
ahhh I need help..

sorry to be a bother :S I am trying to find a bus schedual to the con from Toronto. I have found one on weekends that get's me to Oshawa Station, but that's not nearly close enough...

will there be shuttles or something? The busses that run directly to the school (GO busses) are only on weekdays... I'm having alot of trouble with this :(

if anyone has a new way of getting to the convention (I'm in artist's alley, and I need to be there between 7 and 8) I would love to know how others are doing it.

thanks again all

Blade Tiger
07-19-2006, 02:51 AM
I was planning the same thing, but on closer inspection, the local transit route I was going to take from the GO station to Durham College (route 20) is also weekday-only.

I'm probably going to end up calling Durham Region Transit this week to see if they can figure something out. If I get any useful information, I'll be sure to post it here.

On a completely different note, are you taking the GO bus from Union Station or Yorkdale Mall? The Yorkdale bus seems to be easier (no transfers) and more frequent in the morning. Also, it looks like it runs later, in case you're going home the same way.

Mekou
07-19-2006, 02:55 AM
The northbound Simcoe bus goes to the college on Saturdays but that's as best as I know. ^^ I know other staff members who used the bus a LOT for Saturday meetings so I'll bug them and get some more help for you! =D

Blade Tiger
07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone at Durham Region Transit yet, but I did find this:

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/STATION/station.asp?station=OSHW

This location looks to be a short walk away from DRT route 1, which goes up Simcoe street and into Durham College, and it is along the same GO bus route as Yorkdale Mall. It also seems one can buy GO tickets here. The ticket sales stop at 6:30 pm, but if you get a day pass that morning, that shouldn't be a problem.

paranoiaprinces
07-20-2006, 01:31 AM
thank you all... I'll check out the link in the last post.

I'm going to be getting a ride home... does anyone know if the bus is cheeper than the train?

man I wish I had this all figured out already :S

my ride kinda fell through at the last second... but I didn't want my friend driving that early if she was going to be having to get up at like 5

paranoiaprinces
07-20-2006, 01:36 AM
oh... and I found this... may be helpfull

http://www.durhamregiontransit.com/durham/index_e.aspx?DetailId=28

Blade Tiger
07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
According to the fare calculator on www.gotransit.com:

Taking a bus from Yorkdale is $7.20 one way, taking a train from Union then transfering to a bus on the way is $7.60 one way. Really not much of a difference.

paranoiaprinces
07-20-2006, 01:40 AM
thank you... did anyone want to meet up before going, like at a station or whatever, to make sure we all get there?

Blade Tiger
07-21-2006, 05:06 PM
As good an idea as that is, I can't. I'm apparently now getting a ride both ways.

paranoiaprinces
07-21-2006, 11:57 PM
that's too bad... I'm gonna go the route of train to Oshawa, then a bus to the college