PDA

View Full Version : Zzyzx Rd. (1,000 miles)

Blade
05-15-2002, 12:06 AM
:thumbsup: Hello. I am looking for people to cosplay with! ^-^ I know, I know, I won't shut up about it either. Here's what I've got so far for AX: (N/A = not avilable - in other words... undecided)

Day I: N/A
Day II: N/A
Day III: Voice (Angal Sanctuary)
Day IV: N/A

So, yeah... it's pretty pathetic so far. But I am planning to wear my Rei costume one of those N/A days. I am just in search of finding some other Evangelion cosplayers to cosplay with. And I'm working on the following costumes; Mai (King of Fighters), Tira Misu (Sorcerer Hunters), Utena (the Movie), Sabrina (Pokemon), Julia (Tekken 4), Fuu (Rayearth), Lina Inverse (Slayers), and some others. Whether or not I'm going to be wearing any of those to AX is entirely up to whether or not I find others to cosplay with. Help? Somebody? Anybody? Lone-Cosplayers? Join me? ;-; Help... Pwease?

---{@ Lady Blade

Celine
05-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Well, if I get my way, I'll have both members of Team Rocket at AX. Just in case you were sorta interested in Pokemon people (plus, I wanna see your Sabrina! whoo!)... but, I don't know yet if this is gonna happen.

Ayaka
05-15-2002, 01:03 AM
I have ALL the makings of Dotta (Daughter) from Sorcerer Hunters, I just haven't put it together cause I've been waiting for my friend to start on her Big Momma. But if Dotta and Tira makes a SH group, hey, let me know; I can probably finish her before the con. I'm decidedly a lone cosplayer *sniffle*, except I *may* be in a Hellsing group.

Blade
05-15-2002, 01:13 AM
2 Celine:
Don't worry, you'll eventually see my Sabrina costume! ;) I'm going to buy some more fabrics for it. (oOo! Team Rocket. Kekeke.)

2 Ayaka:
oOo! Dotta! *glomps* Yes! You must finish it and cosplay with me! ^_____^ I haven't ever seen a Big Momma cosplayer before! Oh tell your friend she just has to make that costume!
And - Good luck with your Hellsing group!

---{@ Lady Blade

Ayaka
05-15-2002, 02:18 AM
Okay, I'll fit it in! ^^ lol after all the vinyl sewing, it'll feel like a cinch. Actually I guess I'm probably going to be making the costume for her, but I'll make sure we get it done this summer. ^^ And thanks!

Rosiel
05-15-2002, 01:33 PM
> Day III: Voice (Angal Sanctuary)

I still have to talk to all the AS people to see if Friday or Saturday is better... oh and we have a Baal!!! (We keep on growing and growing...)

Kenshin Ken
05-15-2002, 01:39 PM
* raises hsi hand* I'm typically a Lone Cosplayer ^^;; I jsut meet up with people when the time comes though.. Don't worry ^^v we'reall here for ya ^^.

Blade
05-15-2002, 05:28 PM
> I still have to talk to all the AS people to see if Friday or Saturday is better...

It's all good, whichever day is just fine! ^__^ I can swtich and mix at this point. Fill me in when its definate! This is going to be fun!

---{@ Lady Blade

Adella
05-18-2002, 10:03 PM
HAHAHAHA!! Zzyzx road! I saw that on the way to las vegas this weekend. I was snoozing in the car and glanced out and saw the road sign and Admin was like "Er.. creative name." It's on the 15 North freeway on the way to vegas lol!

Ayaka
05-18-2002, 11:16 PM
That's really a street name?! Oo;;; I wonder what the story is behind that . . .

Adella
05-19-2002, 01:53 AM
it really is. That's why I was like "WOAH! O.O" when I saw the title to this thread. Because this weekend we went to vegas for some wig stuff, and I saw the road and we were laughing about how someone must have been lazy in naming roads. lol.

Blade
05-19-2002, 03:45 AM
And that you are correct ZZyzx Road is on the way to Las Vegas. I decided to use ZZyzx Rd (1,000 miles) because it was my favorite road to drive on and the first time I drove on it - it really did feel like 1,000 miles. I guess thats because I was in a hurry to get from point A to point B. ^-^;;;

---{@ Lady Blade

Ayaka
05-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Wild! I would have yelled "stop the car!" and gotten out to take a photo. Hmm, I bet Las Vegas is a good place to buy wigs!

Adella
05-20-2002, 06:17 AM
It wasn't. We drove 5 hours for stupid hair extensions. Char told me they'd have 60 inch hair extensions but i only found 18 inch so I was disappointed... but why would anyone exit Zzyzx road? what's WRONG with you? it's in the midst of death valley!

Adella
05-20-2002, 06:21 AM
here's a pic.

Back on topic kay?

Ayaka
05-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Thanks ^^ Yep, topic, topic, gomen.

Blade, how are your costumes coming? ^^

Blade
05-21-2002, 01:45 AM
:rolleyes: Oh yes, costumes... back on topic... good idea ... *nod*nod*

Well, this weekend I took a small brake from costume making because I had to attend a Renaissance faire with my guild. But tomorrow! No more slackin' for me! :crylaugh: In deed it is time for me to continue on with sewing those Noise and Voice costumes... er... then... Mai... then... Utena... then I have to work more on Eilie... then... then... then... er... uhm... ... ... ... ... GAH!!!!! >.< Must finish! *goes insane* :razz: I'll be fine REALLY. How about your costumes Ayaka? How are they coming along?

Heh... heh... ---{@ Lady Blade

Ayaka
05-21-2002, 01:59 AM
Not too bad. ^^ I THINK I'll have what I want finished in time. But I made one of my biggest-ever sewing mistakes tonight with Faye's shorts! OO;;;;;; I sewed the back to itself, and the front to itself, instead of front to back (so there were two legs with no way to put them on, basically). Argh. But it worked out okay, I hid the holes the old stiches made in the seam. That's the problem with vinyl, the holes! And that sewing on vinyl tutorial was dead wrong in near every respect. :P

But other than that it's going well! I just found a new way to do boot tops! XD

Blade
05-21-2002, 02:09 AM
> I sewed the back to itself, and the front to itself, instead of front to back (so there were two legs with no way to put them on, basically).

LOL!!! I made a similar mistake while making a pair of faire pants for a friend of mine! But I'm glad your costume is coming along well.

Gah... *remembers working with vinyl*notes its not as bad as working with velvet*also notes those are her two most favorite types of fabric*

---{@ Lady Blade

Ayaka
05-21-2002, 02:57 PM
Actually I've found the stretch PVC to be EASY to work with, besides the needle making holes thing. I had a terrible time with this 4-way stretch polyester-rayon suiting I used for my Youji jacket. The PVC is a breeze after that, I was really surprised. OO The only thing is it sticks to itself . . .

I shouldn't say things are going well, I'm gonna jinx myself . . . oO;;; But I still haven't figured out how I can transport Dotta's wings without them getting damaged. Possibly a major problem.