PDA

View Full Version : Pool Party/Gathering for '06!

Darth Takeo
07-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Since the Team enjoys a good pool chill session at least once a con, we wanted to throw the idea out there for a cosplay.com or whoever wants to come pool get-togther. Cosplay if you want or just wear a bathing suit. Do what you wanna do, just like Junkyard Willie says.

*edit*
When: Thursday 8pm
Where: Marriott Indoor Pool

reannaremick
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a costume specfically for a poolside shoot, but for that reason I'm saving it for Monday morning when it'll be empty, haha. But if the pool party happens at a time that I'm not slammed I can always throw Namorita on for a little while and come play in the water! ^_^

DalaiLiam
07-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Namorita? Wow, I would have thought everyone forgot that character. Alas I am forlorn(and butchering english) for the New Warriors. It's good to see old things drug back up like that :)

As for the pool. Chlorine really bothers my skin. I'll be bale to hang out though.

Darth Takeo
07-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Thursday evening may be a good time, if people will be there by then. The Team plans to arrive Thursday afternoon.

If not, perhaps Friday early afternoon?

Thoughts?

reannaremick
07-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Ooh, yeah I could definitely do Thursday. That's a really relaxed cosplay day for me anyway so I'm game. ^_^ I'll probably get there early that morning, haha, I'm a fanatic about the con starting. The best day after that for me is definitely Sunday. I'll only be dressed as blonde characters that day so I won't have to worry about taking off a wig for it.

Darth Takeo
07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Anyone know how late the Marriott pool stays open?

reannaremick
07-21-2006, 03:33 PM
til 11pm, according to the front desk girl. Though I don't think ANY of the rules really apply during D*Con. Except the new smoking policy, of course.

Darth Takeo
07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Any preference of times Thursday evening?

Dany
07-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Hard to say..there MIGHT be another event I'll stop by after stopping at your thing. Something to do with pie-rats.

My SO and I arrive around Thursday afternoon...so probably Thursday evening. Any idea of how late things might run would be nice, however, just so we can balance our time a bit :)

Darth Takeo
07-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Hmmm, well I wouldn't mind personally hanging out at the pool a while, since there's no real official events that I'm aware of Thursday...

Say meet there starting around 8ish? Is that too late?

reannaremick
07-21-2006, 05:39 PM
8 sounds pretty great. I might be a little later than that depending on how late we eat dinner, but probably not.

Darth Takeo
07-22-2006, 08:55 AM
All right then. We'll say the official gathering time is now Thursday evening at 8pm, Marriott pool.

Wait, is there 2 pools? If so, which is preference, indoor or outdoor?

Darkkyo
07-23-2006, 08:34 AM
If there's an indoor i say that one cause hard to tell the weather right now and i would like to stay in one place without having to get out to rush to the other one. Thursday night is great after a long drive nothing relaxes the muscles and prepares for a Badass weekend.

Tenel Ka
07-24-2006, 11:05 PM
If we (meaning me and the friends in the carpool XD) make it in time, I'll definitely be there. But one of my buddies has class that morning and we're driving down from Virginia. She drives fast (XD) but I'm not sure if that's fast enough. But if for some crazy reason we're there in time, we'll definitely join you!

nachtinis
07-25-2006, 09:59 PM
If we (meaning me and the friends in the carpool XD) make it in time, I'll definitely be there. But one of my buddies has class that morning and we're driving down from Virginia. She drives fast (XD) but I'm not sure if that's fast enough. But if for some crazy reason we're there in time, we'll definitely join you!

We will be delighted to have you join us!

Space Invader
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
If me and my friends aren't too busy with other junk, we'll stop on by :).

BelleChere
08-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Even if you're not staying at the Marriott, are you allowed to use their pool? Or even maybe sneak in? *winkwink* I'm not sure when we'll be arriving on Thursday, but I'll be sure to bring the bathing suit!

Darth Takeo
08-01-2006, 08:45 AM
We'll get you in.

Hellion
08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Does one have to be in cosplay to attend this party?

Darth Takeo
08-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Does one have to be in cosplay to attend this party?
Cosplay if you want or just wear a bathing suit. Do what you wanna do, just like Junkyard Willie says.

So in short, no, you don't have to cosplay. I'm probably not cosplaying, unless dressing as myself in a bathing suit is considered a cosplay.

Hellion
08-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I stayed at the Marriott last year, but I don't recall seeing an indoor pool. Hmmm...

Evil Dr. Axis
08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow...it seriously sucks I wont be there until Friday. Maybe my crew should to the pool party honors at the Hyatt, where we're staying, on Friday.

Darth Takeo
08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
I stayed at the Marriott last year, but I don't recall seeing an indoor pool. Hmmm...
http://marriott.com/property/abouthotel/recreation/atlmq

Blade Redwind
08-09-2006, 04:34 PM
x.x I'm still confused about the time it's going to be going on at.

Darth Takeo
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
8pm on Thursday evening at the Marriott indoor pool.

WorstActionHero
08-17-2006, 05:05 AM
I'll wear my Zissou. Sans speedo thank you very much.

ringwraith10
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Hmm, too bad I won't be there Thursday night. :(

The Kraken
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Anybody know if the Hyatt pool will be open? I'll be around Thursday.

Darth Takeo
08-30-2006, 01:32 PM
I heard a rumor that the Hyatt pool closes for the con, just a rumor...

...but this pool gathering at the Marriott is still on for Thursday evening starting at 8pm going until whenever!

:D

The Kraken
08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Then screw the pool at the Hyatt! I'm coming to hang out with you guys.

reannaremick
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I'll probably be fashionably late since I have a meeting with my fellow board members of the Southeastern Browncoats at 7 and well.....I need to have pants on at the meeting, lol. So it'll take a bit for me to finish up with that then go change into Namorita, but unless something really crazy comes up I still plan to attend!

Darth Takeo
08-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Everyone is welcome! Can't wait to meet you guys!

TheWickedOne
08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
ARGH! none of me or my crew will be there until friday morning to early afternoon... i guess we may not make it. unless of course anyone wants to try to put together a pool party later in the weekend... dong ma?

reannaremick
08-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, make that REALLY fashionably late since our meeting is at 8pm now >.<

Darth Takeo
08-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Just be there, late or not!

;)

nachtinis
09-05-2006, 06:19 PM
The Team would like to thank all who attended the "party". It was fun for us to meet and talk with new freinds. Thanks to all of you who made it and those who didt even know we were there...

reannaremick
09-05-2006, 07:24 PM
The Team would like to thank all who attended the "party". It was fun for us to meet and talk with new freinds. Thanks to all of you who made it and those who didt even know we were there...

Haha, that'd be us! We walked in and I turned to Jenn to ask if she knew what you guys looked like and she said "nooooooo...." Luckily finally you guys said hey to us or we'd probably still be going "Maybe it's those guys over there?"

It was a lot of fun and a great way to unwind before a con, yey for hot tubs!

Winters Knight
09-06-2006, 05:03 PM
That was an awesome party ^_^. I propose we have one at the beginning and end of EVERY con! It was great properly meeting you guys. We shall have to make sinister plots for conventions yet to come!

nachtinis
09-06-2006, 07:36 PM
That was an awesome party ^_^. I propose we have one at the beginning and end of EVERY con! It was great properly meeting you guys. We shall have to make sinister plots for conventions yet to come!
Haha, that'd be us! We walked in and I turned to Jenn to ask if she knew what you guys looked like and she said "nooooooo...." Luckily finally you guys said hey to us or we'd probably still be going "Maybe it's those guys over there?"

It was a lot of fun and a great way to unwind before a con, yey for hot tubs!

Well then lets plan something for AUSA!