PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender meetup/photoshoot

Tsunade no Hime
07-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey All!

My friends and I are (hopefully) going to do a small avatar group. I'd like to meet with others to make it complete. My friend is going as Momo, and I'm going as Katara. We need other people!!! So please come to AUSA and lets have an Avatar partay and photoshoot!

I'm a total Avatard tm .

Runi-Chan
07-21-2006, 09:48 AM
I'll more than likely have Toph ready by then. She'll be nice and comfy, but for the barefeet.

Assuming the AUSA staff is nice and lets me walk around barefoot.

ChibiTifa05
07-21-2006, 06:56 PM
I'll be Katara as well! I'm in for a shoot! ^_^

Runi-Chan
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
^.^ Yay, Katara!

I hope we get a lot more Avatar people here after Otakon; I know that there are several Avatar Kyoshis, and a few Aangs.
Partay, yus. Maybe Avatar picnic, or dinner at Fuddruckers? (Though any earthbenders may have to wear shoes).

I'm working on Toph first, after Otakon.

I'm also hoping to do an Avatar panel at the con on maybe the Saturday, mid-afternoon. Anyone else interested in doing that with me?

Tsunade no Hime
08-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I would love to do an avatar panel, I'm doing the elitisim in cosplay panel too. My friend alex is going to be Zuko, so yay, and hopefully we'll have a Sokka and toph too. A picnic sounds fun, but I betcha it'll be on the cool side, we may not want to do a picnic inside. By the way, just came back from Otakon Photoshoot, lots of fun! I was the only Katara with a wig. >.> Lucky long haired people!

ChibiTifa05
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Tsunade no Hime, I second you. I'll be wearing a wig for Katara too. Long haired people have all the luck. ^^;; And I hope we have a Sokka. We want a brother to cuddle. XD

Runi-Chan
08-07-2006, 01:24 PM
^.^ Hey, someone's actually interested in a panel! XP I wanted to try to at least get a Zuko and a Katara, and maybe a Sokka. Not really pushing for an Aang, since he's not cosplayed often.
Plus, Toph is new; need some season one in there. XP And Toph needs a Sokka to taunt. XD

It'd be awesome to have an Avatar panel; even better if we get bunches of people. I'm thinking of moving the panel from mid-Saturday to mid-morning, if just because I'm probably going to be in the Masq, and don't want to miss rehersal.

YAY AVATAR. But boo that we have to wait until Sept. 15 for any new episodes. Teh suck.

When the con gets a little closer (and I've got some progress on Toph), I'll register for a panel, if people still would like to do that.

Tsunade no Hime
08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Count me in! ^^ Let me post who I have so far, I'm in the Cosplay Crack Crew and put this on the forums for the avatar group we're doing.
Aang-- No one
Katara-- Me (season II)
Sokka-- Jason*
Toph--Jess
Zuko-- Alex (season II), Erik* (season I/ Blue Spirit)
Uncle Iroh- Hersch, Cory *
Momo--Michelle
Appa-- No one
Firenation Girls (Azula, Mai, Ty Lee)-- No one

So, I'd like to make those no ones...someone. Doubles are FINE AND DANDY! But you see where the gaps are. ^^

The people with the star are unconfirmed. They wanna do it, but are unsure if they can.

Runi-Chan
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
HOMG THE CRACK CREW! XD

'Specially since you seem to be bringing an Iroh. Must get many pictures, XP

Runi-Chan
09-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Okay, bumping thread for a moment.

Just saying that I'm trying my hardest to get Toph finished, and I'll really be trying to do an Avatar panel, for truly.

A sad note: Mako, the voice of Uncle Iroh, passed away this July, after a long battle with cancer of the esophagus..he was 72.

So if I do a panel, I definetly will bring that up, if just because it pertains to the Avatar fandom. But that won't be the last note of the panel, I swears! ^.^ I don't like ending on depressing notes.

Valgaav_Xellos
09-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh wow! Unfortunately avatar cosplay is still on my "yet to make" list but it's nice to see that you all are forming a cosplay gathering group for it. i may even drop by and get a few pictures depending on when you decide to have it. ^-^;

Just let me know times, place, and date and you're set :D

Runi-Chan
09-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah, does anyone have any suggestions for dates and times?

And picture ideas? XP Sorry, I'm spending too much time mulling over IMDB.com's Avatar page. Looks like those of us who enjoy fluffy moments between Aang and Katara are going to be verah happy this season.

Among other things, XD.

DDR Faery Spice
09-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Ehehe. Avatar cosplay makes me oh-so-very happy. I might try to pull off a Blue Spirit Zuko or a Toph, seeing as how I can't manage Azula any more. u_u I chopped all my hair off. But that's if I manage to finish everything else first. I can't wait to see everyone in costume!

Runi-Chan
09-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Ehehe. Avatar cosplay makes me oh-so-very happy. I might try to pull off a Blue Spirit Zuko or a Toph, seeing as how I can't manage Azula any more. u_u I chopped all my hair off. But that's if I manage to finish everything else first. I can't wait to see everyone in costume!

Can't wait to see you all there, either. If you need help, DDR Faery, feel free to PM me.

Also; if people want to start posting picture ideas, I'd do it now. Me, I would like to see some shipping shots (both canon and the completely stupidly cracky), as well as humor ones.

cPhoenix
09-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Popping in to say my friend TwiliteSea and I MIGHT be able to bring our Ty Lee and Mai (respectively) to meet up. We wore them to AnimeNEXT, if anyone needs a refresher:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=725775
Unfortunately, our Azula can't bring her outfit along.
Hope to see people supporting Avatar there!

Runi-Chan
09-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Popping in to say my friend TwiliteSea and I MIGHT be able to bring our Ty Lee and Mai (respectively) to meet up. We wore them to AnimeNEXT, if anyone needs a refresher:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=725775
Unfortunately, our Azula can't bring her outfit along.
Hope to see people supporting Avatar there!

*worship*

HOMG. That would totally be awesome. You two are just freakin' awesome. It's a shame that BlackMarth can't bring her Azula along, but I understand. (She'll still always be the best Azula evar)

AnimatedPoison
09-25-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't have an Avatar cosplay but I'd really like to catch the photoshoot for this one :) Make sure you post your time/location for the AUSA photoshoots thread ^_^

cPhoenix
11-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey, chiming back in to as know everyone is doing. I've worked out my con schedule, and I only have time to wear Mai on Sunday (my friends who are Ty Lee and Azula will probably be wearing their costumes with me). Have we come up with a meeting day yet? If not, I suggest Sunday morning/afternoon because that's the only time available to me. I'm excited!!

Tsunade no Hime
11-16-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't know if the photoshoot/ meetup will be doable on sunday, simply because the amount of people in costume won't be in costume anymore. I think the Meetup should be around 12 on saturday in the main lobby area. We can have lunch somewhere local around 1pm (or after pictures, whichever comes first) and have some fun. My Aang and I are doing the 'Elitism in Cosplay " Panel at 10 am- 11:30 am, everyone is welcome! Even if you AREN'T in your avatar costume and just want to come, you are invited! Another shoot can be done on Sunday, because who says we just have to have one? How does 11pm on Sunday in the lobby sound?

Main Photoshoot (unless no one can do it)

Saturday, 12 noon, main lobby. Afterwards, lunch!

Secondary shoot

Sunday, 11 am, main lobby. Lunch again?

Hope to see everyone there!

Tsunade no Hime
11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh Lordy, It was tons of fun, hope everyone got to do things and stuff! ANEXT anyone?