PDA

View Full Version : Costume/Cosplay Contest Happenings (Tentitive)

Lady Neese
07-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I know there have been questions flying as to when the costume/cosplay contest stuff is happening, so without further ado here is the (VERY TENTITIVE) schedule.

Saturday September 16, 2006 to Saturday September 23, 2006
~Online sign up begins at noon and goes till the 23 at noon. If there are still spots available I will accept people for the available spots till Thursday October 5, 2006 noon.

note: All times are Mountain time. If you sign up online you must check in once you get to the convention. See Friday and Saturday for details.

note, note: If you signed up as cosplay I need a full script complete with stage directions sent when you sign up. If you sign up for the Masters category the judges will need your documentation to be sent when you sign up. Any material components (i.e. fabric swatches) can be given to the cosplay staff when you check in.

Friday
~On site sign up starts at 6:30 and goes till we're finished.

note: It shouldn't be much more than an hour considering that half of the sign up will take place online. If you signed up online you may check in.

note, note: When you sign up and/or check in you'll get a cosplay badge. Please, please, please give it to someone responsible!!!! You must have this badge when you check into the green room!!!! If you do not have it you will not be allowed to compete!

Saturday
~On site check in for contestants who sign up online will be at 9:30am and go till 10:30am.

note: You MUST be checked in by this time! If you do not get checked in by 10:30am on Saturday your spot will be given away to some one on the waitlist.

note, note: If you signed up at the convention and are in the Masters category all your documentation must be in at this time.

~Waitlist sign up starts at 10:30am and ends at 11:00am.

~Craftsmanship judging for the Masters category starts at 2:30pm and goes till 5:00pm.

note: You'll have to sign up for a time for craftsmanship judging when you check in.

~Green room check in starts at 5:30pm and goes till 6:15pm.

note: If you're not in the green room or checked off by 6:15pm you will not compete. You must present your cosplay badge at this time. If you do not have your cosplay badge you will not compete. I know this sounds harsh but it makes things run smoother and check in a lot easier for my staff and myself, and we won't make the poor audience, or your fellow cosplayer wait forever.

~Costume/Cosplay Contest starts at 7:00pm!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

Once again this is still tentative and may change at anytime depending on the space we are given and when.

Thanks,
Katie

ashleyohtori
07-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Katie....can we make the craftsmanship judging the hour or two before the contest or even during the contest? Or are the craft judges also judging the performance etc.?

Although I greatly appreciate the craftmanship judging, It is sort of inconvienent to change in and out of costume to have it looked by for 10 mins or less.

Lady Neese
07-22-2006, 01:05 AM
It might be possible to move it to just before the costume contest I have to find out if there is room available for the judging to happen in first, I'll check into it and see what I can do.

Right now having the craftsmanship judging durning the contest won't be possible because the judges might want to ask you questions or get a close look at the costume and depending on how many people sign up there might not be time for it during the contest. I'll have to see how this year goes first, and about how much time everything takes. We for sure have one craftsmanship judges I'm currently working on getting two more, so we'll see.

If things go well this year I might add craftsmanship judging to other categories as some intrest has been shown in favor of it. But again I need to see how things go this year so I can plan for a better contest next year.

Thanks for you input!
Katie

FeyMeggan
07-22-2006, 01:58 AM
okay, really random question. Last year they had the 'mixed groups' in the costume contest...is that happening again or is this year one-person one-entry? I have a friend I'm trying to con into competing but she wants to know before she'll agree.

Lady Neese
07-22-2006, 05:45 AM
In beginner and intermediate you can have up to 6 people.

Mixed group as in characters from two or more different anime/game/musical source/manga/traditional costume are fine to compete in the same group, if your talking about mixing people of different skill levels then you have to enter the level of the highest skill level costumer in the group... Does that make sense? (If you have a Master and Intermediate as a group then you have to enter into the Masters category.)

Did that answer your question?

Katie

Cosplay_Kitten
07-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I have a question about the walk on cosplay since I'm only 12 do I have to participate in the children's group even if I made my own costume?

Lady Neese
07-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Nope if you made your own costume and can give us some proof, like telling us how you made it. It doesn't have to be like the documentation contestants in the masters category have to give just a little something when we sign you up at the con or if you sign up online. Then you can compete in the beginners level.

Katie

Lady Neese
07-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Ok I've changed a couple of times are there were conflicts and requests.

So tentatively Saturday morning check in will start at 9:30 and go till 10:30. Waitlist will be right after from 10:30 till 11:00.

Craftsmanship judging will be from 2:30 till 5:00.

Thats all the changes right now hopefully it will stay this way. When I've got everything set in stone I'll have it posted on the NDK site and on the NDK forums.

Katie