PDA

View Full Version : j-rock cosplay groups this year...

Yui
03-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Okay, well, I seem to have promised to be Kami or Kaoru for a lot of groups, but now I'm forgetting who's doing which one and who's really serious about getting a group together *this year* O_o
J-rock group recruiting seems to be spewed on non-related threads all over this place, and I for one am getting totally lost.

Sooo...do you guys wanna make some kind of listing in this forum to sort us out? I'd do it if anyone would actually make use of it...

shiroi_yukiko
03-08-2003, 09:22 PM
That's actually a really good idea! Anyway *cough cough*, I wasn't actively lookin' before, but I might as well list what I've got going on, ne?

Dir en grey- MACABRE-
still need Kaoru, Die, Shinya
for Anime Boston (saturday), AX (saturday), Shoujocon

Shazna- just Izams
I've already got about 3 beside myself! But the more the merrier!
for AX (Thursday)

Cyber Wolf
03-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Ooo.. usefullness!!! *gives Yui a cookie* :3 lol

BAAF 2003:
Gackt "Le Ciel"
Klaha "Beast of Blood" <--- maybe on this one

Don't know what days I'm going to be wearing them yet, but the Le Ciel costume will be on the same day aeva picks to wear it. (NB: We still need a Kami and a Mana for BAAF! Help! :X)

Dahlia
03-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Yui...that is a fab idea! Definitely help cut down on the confusion. ^_^o Plans for jrock costumes keep changing for me, especially what cons I'm attending.

Lyn
03-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Well, I think the two groups I'm in this year are pretty settled but I'll list them here just for the heck of it and so to keep track of what ones I'm doing. ^^;

For Otakon:
Friday:
Lareine - Fiancailles, have all 4 members
- I will be doing Kamijo
Saturday:
Dir en grey - Filth, have all 5 members
- I will be doing Die
Sunday:
I might bring Pink Spider hide, depending on whether I'm still up to bringing it since I also have 2 Angel Sanctuary costumes to do that con too. *dies*

I would be happy to meet up with any other J-Rock cosplayers at Otakon. I unfortunantly will not be attending any other cons for the rest of this year due to lack of money.

~Lyn

soshi
03-09-2003, 04:41 PM
... *looks at Lilli* chu? ^^;

Mara
03-09-2003, 07:51 PM
At Anime Central 2003 I'm bringing my Bel Air Mana. I might also attempt his Merveilles costume, but I'm not sure how brave me and my wallet are feeling ^_^ any other Malice Mizer or JRock cosplayers around here planning anything for ACen?

Kas
03-09-2003, 09:20 PM
ehehe.. well I'm new to the scence and I really want to do a jrock outfit. But I just don't know which one.. I really like Malice Mizer and Dir en Grey.

Any sites with good pics that I can check out?

Yui
03-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Mara - I can probably have Au Revoir Kami done by ACen and I'm giving FILTH Kaoru another run. I wasn't planning on doing Merveilles Kami again this year, but if you should find yourself suddenly with a group sans Kami, I guess I can lug those wings back out for emergency filling-in.

Soshi / Lilli - Cyberland...this year? (AX? no rush, tho...but ready when you are)

Lyn - ooh, FILTH group. I shall harass (inna peaceful like way) your Kaoru. ^_^ about time someone else did that costume.

hmmm...anyway...::chomps cookie:: Hehe, I like being useful. And I got a listing fetish.
Okay, well, now I have to figure out a senisical way to organize....this might turn into a big list, so we should have break-downs somehow.

soshi
03-09-2003, 10:55 PM
I have nooo idea when I'll be able to do Cyberland. x_o; er.. are you going to Ani-magic? ^^;

TsukiGuujin
03-10-2003, 02:51 PM
We're doing Cyberland Malice Mizer for NDK 7....

I don't know, but we might end up not having a Kozi because I don't know what happened to Katchoo, who was supposed to be ours. X_x

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

soshi
03-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Cyberland Yu~ki is a costume I've always wanted to do. *_* altho I may end up having to go visit Lilli to make it, as I have no sewing skills, and need to become her padawan learner (or something) to master the l33t ways of sewing.

Yui ~ I don't mind doing Cyberland for AX, but it's all a matter of making the costume... oO;

Yui
03-10-2003, 11:18 PM
ah...I see how it is...you're one who enslaves poor Lilli into making them costumes. ^_^* (No wonder she always 'fails me' as she puts it...cuz she's always doing stuff for other people...)
Okay, well then we -may- want to hold Cyberland til next year, yes?

Okay, now before anyone else posts any new thoughts, would we like the list to be set up like:

a - list everybody who will be j-rock cosplaying at a given con, whether they have a group or not

or

b - post requests for group filler members at a given con.

The a option might get to be lengthy (so it may have to be broken further down somehow - either by MM/DeG/others or by actual con) and the b option is kinda close to the seeking cosplayers forum (even tho j-rock gets completely ignored there). I'm kinda leaning toward the first option, even if it gets long...but that means everybody has got to tell me their plans. (Which means I'm making a lot of work for me...hmm, I better get more cookies.)

Michi
03-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Duuuuude. Warumono!! Three Izams on Thursday?? Want a fourth? XD I've been wanting an excuse to do this cute outfit of his... I can SO do that for AX!!

CYBERLAND. THIS YEAR. I'm supposed to have Gackt by A-kon if I go, if not I have no plans til Ota for it, but I'd love to do it for this year. XD

Yes.

soshi
03-10-2003, 11:38 PM
... yeah, well, Lilli offered to help me with the costume because I cannot sew at all. but whatever, I'm sure you can find another Yu~ki who can make his or her costume so I don't take up more of her time.

Lilli
03-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Uwark. No go for AX...

XD How about Otakon? I have no costume plans for Otakon, muehehe. Cyberland!! Yui we must learn the dance :3

Poor Soshikins, she's joking ^^; I do fail, but for entirely different, much more pain-related ones. Oh yeah. And Laziness. Can't forget laziness :3 But mostly pain. And Damned Freakin Moving 3000 miles ^^; But I'm through with that. O-ho.

^^; Cyberland for Ota, then? Yes? No? Kozi-kun needs 1337 cosplay luvvin.

soshi
03-10-2003, 11:44 PM
well, I can't go to Otakon anyway. hurrah for you, you can find a Yu~ki who isn't co-dependant costume-wise.

Lilli
03-10-2003, 11:50 PM
Mrrrrrrrrrgh. That's not how she meant it ^^;; And we always have AniMagic :3 Hehe, I'm sorry I live on the east coast now ^^;; If it's any consolation, I really really miss Vegasuu?

^_^\/ I still want to and plan on helping Soshi with her Yu~ki, wai!! XD Hehe, cause your other Yu~ki costume, you're so awesome!! Yes :3 Hehe, it shall be done. Come, padwan. I shall instruct you in the art of 24 hour cosplay ._.\/

So even if you can't come to Otakon, you still deserve Yu~ki goodness!! And yay, we can have AniMagic :3

Michi
03-10-2003, 11:55 PM
I've got plans to be Cyberland Gackt at Otakon with a different Mana, so Animagic would work well for a full group for me~ At least. o_o Or AX. Saa.

Lilli
03-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Ah, but to the best of my knowledge, we lack a Cyberland Mana, as well :3

...so what can I say, but *yoink!* muehehehe XD

Well, we'll see what Yui thinks :3

Michi
03-11-2003, 12:01 AM
..Well that works too. XD

shiroi_yukiko
03-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Michi
Duuuuude. Warumono!! Three Izams on Thursday?? Want a fourth? XD I've been wanting an excuse to do this cute outfit of his... I can SO do that for AX!!

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?! *dies* Which outfit? I think there is actually a possible fifth out there some where as well. That's a lot of Izam!

TsukiGuujin
03-11-2003, 01:54 AM
Damn. I WOULD plan to do Cyberland the same year everyone else plans to do Cyberland. X_x

Go me.

~~Tsuki~~

Kozispoon
03-11-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm glad I found this thread!

Ok, this is what I've got:
I have a leciel kozi and a beast of blood mana outfit in the works for AX 2003 and Yaoi con. i MIGHT do one of kozi's indies outfits, but its not definite. I would REALLY like to join or start a leciel or beast of blood group. If I can have both *drools* Oh, that would be great! Any takers?? ^.^

Dahlia
03-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Option A works pretty well but mebbe we could still do a little of Option b too. Like if someone has plans and would like a full group or something they could mention that. Like you said though its like seeking cosplayers.....jrock does have a tendency to get overlooked there. ^_^o

Dahlia
03-11-2003, 06:02 PM
I was planning on doing cyberland Mana for ota...but..it changed to au revoir....but now......that's been axed. XD me thinks I'll pick non mm cosplay for ota. *L*

Yui
03-12-2003, 02:13 AM
I'm making a mess X_x Look at all these cookie crumbs.

All right, combo it is. (Yeah, yeah, Yui...just make it already.) Just so I don't misrepresent anyone, if you know your plans/requests, pm them directly to me (even if it's exactly just a paste of what you wrote here.) Then I will make a nice clean mega-list.
---Now, Admin and his minions have been scheming to get some kind of costume planner feature going, but who knows when this will be ready? Also, since there's so few of us in comparision to all other kinds of cosplay -and- because we kinda seek each other out regardless of band or era, the j-rock might again be lost in such a system. So :p . I think this is still something we need here.

Michi
03-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by warumono
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?! *dies* Which outfit? I think there is actually a possible fifth out there some where as well. That's a lot of Izam!

The outfit he's wearing inside the Love is Alive single. ^^; I don't think it really has a name, I've just always called it.. Love is Alive/Dear Love.. x_x I think I scanned it. *scrambles* Yes! *attaches*

Yui
03-12-2003, 02:50 AM
oh yeah...I forgot to actually respond to anything vaguely directed at me...

Dahlia: Okay...Au Revoir's on pause officially for me then. ::hangs up cute lil' hat:: We -will- get to do a group at some point, somehow.

Kozispoon: I really, really want to do LeCiel. Really. I mean, I'll eventually get to all of Kami's costumes someday (pretty much my only goal in life right now), but I was expecting that one to come soon. The thing is, I don't want to be rushed, and I would actually like to have fun making it. Right now, I don't know if I can afford the materials I still lack, the wig issue is quite perplexing me, and I'm not sure if I would physically have time to put it on (no good with make-up/eyelash thingies/etc.) I definitely can't do it for Friday due to the lolita contest and the mega-Suikoden group and my vow to run around madly smashing guitars on all the popstar Yunas I encounter. (yeah...maybe don't ask about that one) so if you were looking for a group for the j-rock events, I'm no help there. I'm not saying I couldn't whip it out for AX, but I want to just consider it some more before commiting to such a complex costume.
(And too bad Kami isn't in Beast of Blood...well, visually isn't in it. Talk about easy, but really-good-looking outfits. You should see if you can get a hold of any of the boys who did that group last year to join you.)

Lilli: I have -lots- of costume plans for Ota, but I'll make room for a Kami. Cyberland if you want it, but I honestly have nothing started beyond the pile of silver fabric thus far (cuz I -was- working on Au Revoir ^_^*) Merveilles is on hiatus, and Illuminati's only good for brief durations (due to inability to walk) Um, and I don't wanna press -you- into doing LeCiel there, especially since it seems there's a complete group already at Ota. But it seems there's a lot of Cyberland interest this year, so I could do it now and always use it later, too. (This is why I wanted the list thingie...I need to know where my efforts should be concentrated.)
And what's this Ani-magic? This another California one? Ack...why am I not local to anything? Lilli, would you just go buy a cosplay village already and we can all live under your peaceful tutilage...until you hit us with your paper fan, that is?

& soshi: I wasn't judging your skills there or anything. (I think I just type intimidatingly.) I'm just jealous that you got Lilli to make you stuff. ^_-

...So...I then abandon you all and Kami and set to work on Yura, all alone. Hahaha. That settles it.

Michi
03-12-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Yui
And what's this Ani-magic? This another California one? Ack...why am I not local to anything?

Ani-Magic is a happy lil con in Southern California, yes yes.

http://www.ani-magic.org/

I haven't really thought that far yet regarding cosplay plans, though, or at least not seriously. :rolleyes:

TsukiGuujin
03-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Michi, that will look FANTASTIC on you! Takey lots of pictures, ok!?

We're actually gonna compete in our Cyberland costumes. We're doing a dance.

We won't win, or anything, though, because you apparently have to be FUNNY to win. -.-

But it's ok, we're just doing it because we want to. Not to win.
We WERE gonna do "Brise" because we might've won, but set-up and song time together is too long. *cries*

Ah, well, c'est la vie.

~~Tsuki~~

shiroi_yukiko
03-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Michi
The outfit he's wearing inside the Love is Alive single. ^^; I don't think it really has a name, I've just always called it.. Love is Alive/Dear Love.. x_x I think I scanned it. *scrambles* Yes! *attaches*

Yay! That is a cute one. ^_^ I think we're up to five now... Ah, I'm so overly excited! And we're all different outfits too (which isn't hard, since he has about a million)!

Lilli
03-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Mruh, that's right. Hmmmmmm. Well then!! XD We shall maybe see about the Cyberland costumes, but don't stress yourself. Hehe, I forgot you were making a Yura costume!! Scan in a picture for me of that costume I agreed to make? XD Might as well do it for Otakon? Hehe ._. I'm a bad Lilli, I didn't know you were doing that for anytime soon.

._.; You're talking about the costumes from the CD you were playing at katsucon that we were cooing over, right?? ._.\/

Heheheee ^^; I wish I had either better time management skills so I had more time to spend sewing... Or a few clones :3 Then I'd be able to make stuff for everyone, wheeee :3

Edit: By the way, it's plastic XD Corrugated plastic, so it makes a rather lovely thump when it hits your head, O-HOHOHOHO XD

Michi
03-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Thankyou Tsuki! ^^ I'm happy enough I get to use my own hair for it. XD And that I finally have an excuse to do it, after like a year and a half. As for Cyberland... My group and I were supposed to perform Ju te Veux (silly dance!) at A-kon's J-rock masquerade, but I don't even know if I'm going to attend anymore. ~.~;;

Warumono -- Yay! Five Izams in different outfits!! I can't wait to take pictures. ^____^ I think I need to sing karaoke as Izam, too. I love him too much. *-*

soshi
03-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Yui
& soshi: I wasn't judging your skills there or anything. (I think I just type intimidatingly.) I'm just jealous that you got Lilli to make you stuff. ^_-

not.. intidmidatingly.. just.. insultively.

Yui
03-13-2003, 03:01 PM
soshi - ...Oro? Now I feel all bad...I'll have to limit my big scarey words. And throw in lots of happy faces :dance: :dance: :dance: to cancel out any misinterpretations.
(Hey, and not like I'm an expert myself or anything...things only get sewn around here if I concentrate all my mental energies at once...and use hot glue.)

Yui
03-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Lilli - "Might as well do it for Otakon?" ::falls over, twitching:: Not unless you wanna make my Yura, too. Eee...I was kinda kidding. Between Setzer, Testament, Darcia, possibly Nikki, Dark, the loli contest and my "secret" I'm wasting all my j-rock juice on technically not j-rock cosplays this year. (And typing all those out just makes me realize how crazy I am.) At least my ability to make a massive complex one is not happening. New MM costumes I have time/ability to make by Otakon would be Cyberland, Au Revoir, Verte Aile, first-version Illuminati -- or use Merveilles again (probably ditching the wings for now). The more I think about LeCiel, the more I wanna do it...but I think I'd need help. Or pick anything DeG because Kaoru's usually on the easier/more comfy end of costumes.

Um, besides, I was aiming to do the PLC group next year as it gives us enough time for you and I to relaxingly work, time for Julie to learn how to sew, time to seek out a SeeK...and also gives us a chance to drug/brainwash/blackmail/otherwise seduce -someone- to be Daishi for us. ^_- But I do have the portrait shots in my gallery right now (sketches and stuff) and I'll scan in the full-shots for you, too.

Kozispoon
03-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Oy Yui, I'm great with make-up! I've been practiing alot with the different members make-up styles and I could totally help you with that! *hopes Yui will change her mind* Even if you still can't do Leciel Kami it's cool, I'd like to help anyway. i feel all sad when Malice Mizer cosplayers go out there without ANY make-up on, or with crappy white foundation *cries* My dream is to have a small workstation at AX where I can do everyones make-up..it'd be neat ^.^;

Lilli
03-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Ahhh :3 Kozispoon, I feel the same way with hair, LOL!! I keep entertaining thoughts of setting up a hair dying service. But that might run into legal problems, cause I'm not a licensed cosmetologist ._.;; Anyway :3

LOL! Sorry!! I didn't mean to scare you, Yui :3 Well. Hmmm. Hmmmm. Don't stress yourself XD We'll see what happens. After all, both you and I STILL have to get through our set of costumes for ACen and AX. Don't kill yourself on these things! Hehe, relaaax :3

Lyn
03-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Lyn - ooh, FILTH group. I shall harass (inna peaceful like way) your Kaoru. ^_^ about time someone else did that costume.

^^;; Actually, our Kaoru needs advice for the parts of the costume. We have the whole "bug-head" worked out fine but its the actual rest of the costume that she's worried about. Mostly because of lack of time and money due to the fact we're spending a lot of time and money on our Lareine group.

So any helpful advice on the rest of the costume? ^^; It would be very much appreciated.

We decided on FILTH back at last Otakon. Our friend Jax said he really wanted to do FILTH Kyo but wanted a group to go with him so a few of us volunteered to be the rest of the band. ^_^

Dahlia
03-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Yui

Dahlia: Okay...Au Revoir's on pause officially for me then. ::hangs up cute lil' hat:: We -will- get to do a group at some point, somehow.

...So...I then abandon you all and Kami and set to work on Yura, all alone. Hahaha. That settles it.

yura....your cosplaying....yura! *glomps u* I'd so be up for PLC cosplay! *bounces* Probably either Aya or Lida. ^___^ I mean I've been told personality wise I'm like Lida but I luv doing the Para Para dances. What set are you doing...got any pics of it and the other members?

Dahlia
03-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Yui

yura....your cosplaying....yura! *glomps u* I'd so be up for PLC cosplay! *bounces* Probably either Aya or Lida. ^___^ I mean I've been told personality wise I'm like Lida but I luv doing the Para Para dances. What set are you doing...got any pics of it and the other members?

Cyber Wolf
03-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Eeep! I so wanna do Daishi!!... I'll see if I can bribe my parents to go to Otakon next your with my older bro :X Have any ideas of what video you wanna do PLC from (I've already got some pics saved Dahlia)? (I'm quite fond of Ai no Uta and Gekiai myself ;) Same goes for Prism ^^)

Kami-kun
03-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Well, just thought I'd drop in and post my plan...Type things. Hopefully, for Anime Reactor, me and my friend Roxanne will be doing a Malice Mizer cosplay..It's either going to be from Au Revoir, or the Vetre Aile silent movie(I thought it'd be cool, man)..

Yui
03-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dahlia

Yeah, Ai no Uta is what I'm aiming for.
Note: this will definitely be for next year (2004 either AX or Otakon) I don't want anyone getting stressed. O_o supposed to be fun, remember?
I believe Lilli wantd to do Lida (man, I -almost- wanna do Lida...I luv that outfit, it's just the complex face paint intimidates me), and there was some interest of another friend to do Aya, but I have to see if she's actually in on it or not. And it's probably not gonna happen, but there's a plot to trick our very talented friend into doing that Daishi. But! - I actually was going to try to get as many PLC people assembled as possible (repeats are fine if you don't mind yourself) - I have this vision of taking over the con...heheh. I would like to seduce cosplayers who aren't even into j-rock to join us, to like spread the love, you know?

soshi
03-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Yui
I have this vision of taking over the con...heheh. I would like to seduce cosplayers who aren't even into j-rock to join us, to like spread the love, you know?

er, do you mean having people who don't like/aren't into jrock cosplay PLC members, or just making people who aren't into it notice visual kei cosplay? because not liking the music defeats the entire purpose of cosplaying a jrocker. >_>;;

Yui
03-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by soshi
er, do you mean having people who don't like/aren't into jrock cosplay PLC members, or just making people who aren't into it notice visual kei cosplay? because not liking the music defeats the entire purpose of cosplaying a jrocker. >_>;;

Well, I'm trying to get people interested who don't know *yet* that they like j-rock. (A couple specific people in particular) ^_-
I figure PLC is a good place to start, since they aren't "scarey" - they're fun, colorful, varied - really look more like RPG characters than anything.
I know a lot of cosplayers get drawn in by the designs. Like in my case, I got recruited into a Guilty Gear group for Katsu last year, not really knowing anything about it (and not even really liking fighting games), but now I'm a GGX fiend, and cosplaying from it started it all.,

But also I meant the con population at whole...they -kinda- know Mana or hide by now, but I think they've still got a long way to go. If they see a massive group of intricate costumes, they might just think, "Hmm...maybe we should look into this..."

Yeah, I wouldn't want order in someone who definitely does not like them at all. (I already know I will not ask a good cosplayer friend of mine because I know she doesn't care for them.)

Yui
03-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Kami-kun
Well, just thought I'd drop in and post my plan...Type things. Hopefully, for Anime Reactor, me and my friend Roxanne will be doing a Malice Mizer cosplay..It's either going to be from Au Revoir, or the Vetre Aile silent movie(I thought it'd be cool, man)..

Cool, at least a couple of us shall be there. I guess I'll bring Cyberland since I'll have that done by Otakon. Let me know which you decide on and I'll add ya to the list on the other thread.

soshi
03-20-2003, 06:16 PM
heh.. actually, the cosplay aspect of visual kei is widely known. but getting people interested means that they need to like the music - I've discovered that's fairly difficult, as most people really only listen to pop and techno, and therefore only like one or two songs by such-and-such band, and never appreciate the music properly.

sorry if I sound preachy or standoffish, I'm just a huge advocater of liking the music, and it irritates me to no end when people cosplay jrockers without liking the band's music. it's like, ok, you like they're style, so make your own inspired outfit, don't cosplay them! to me it's insulting when people who aren't fans cosplay - fans of anything, not just jrock.

and.. y'know.. PLC isn't all fluff and color, Seek's pretty damn creepy. =P

Yui
03-20-2003, 06:33 PM
hehe...seek's awesome. Creepy, but I can only smile anyway when I see him. (Anyone who cosplays seek gets a free back massage!)

Um, anyway, that's why I am trying to expand their horizons, get them into the music first. Most of them are big music fans anyway, and are into a lot of different genres, and I think PLC has a very approachable sound. (You don't have to train your ear...like with DeG or L'Arc.) I agree that it's quite difficult to cosplay as something you don't know anything about.

Have people cosplayed as j-rockers they don't even like? Like who? That's terrible. O_o I mean, some of the new outfits for Yuna and Rikku in FFX-2 look really cool and fun to make, but I wouldn't even be tempted because I don't agree with the whole concept of that game (even though I liked both of them in regular FF10). What a yucky thought to think people are supporting something they don't agree with just for visuals alone.

blaaah :::is too positive and naive:::

Oh well....maybe I can make applicants take a worthiness-to-appreciate-properly test or something.

soshi
03-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Seek is actually my favorite member of PLC, and I have considered cosplaying him on several occasions, but I lack enthusiasm...

*blinks* you want to get them into the music first? but you said.. about cosplaying... what... I am.. confused.

it really is all about personal perception - I think that Diru has a more approachable sound than PLC, but mostly because I like a good 95% of Diru's songs and only around 70% of PLC's. and L'arc~en~ciel is one of the more listened-to bands by anime fans due to their pop-rock sound.. oO; what do you mean by train your ear, with them?

lots amd lots and LOTS of people cosplay jrock just for the look. >__________________<;;;

Yui
03-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Well, you don't think someone would waste hundreds of dollars and hours to cosplay somebody they don't care for, do you? Of course, they have to -listen- first...costuming is just the cement.

I say approachable in this case as I can play any PLC at work, but only a couple songs from either DeG or L'arc (even though they are popular by our standards) I think this is because Daishi can hit all the notes he attempts to. ^_- With a lot of j-rock, there are noises that people who don't normally listen to other culture's music aren't expecting. Plus, to me, they seem much more anime-sounding.

But, back to the cosplay aspect...you say there are LOTS? Who? Who? That's so risky. I'll beat the bums up! (me and my whole 100 pounds of tiny girl-ness...er, I'll throw something at them instead!)
I think I'll make a thread about this somewhere else...

Michi
03-20-2003, 08:58 PM
You've both got me interested in Psycho le Cemu now.

....and I like back massages. :D

soshi
03-20-2003, 09:03 PM
yes, actually, people DO spend hundreds of dollars to cosplay people from bands whos music they don't like. ^^;; being "visual" is popular by some standards, and people seem to enjoy cosplaying it to be cool, or something. there used to be a ton of threads in there about people wanting "someone pretty" to cosplay, and the flame war that eventually erupted was blamed on me and my anal opinions about "don't like the music? DON'T COSPLAY HIM!" ^^;;;

that's so funny, lol XD! my mom, who hates anything "weird" sounding, really likes L'arc and Gackt when I put them on, but refuses to listen to anything else. XD;;;

*pounces on Michi* Psycho le Cemu is an indies-ish band who's not-so-indies anymore because they're getting so popular. they were reaaaaaaally elaborate costumes that seemed super-hero themed a lot.

Michi
03-20-2003, 09:13 PM
I've seen some crazee pictures through Laylaninja.. but I've yet to hear songs. :O *paws at?*

Yui
03-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Haha...maybe I should reopen the wound? That sounds like a fantastic topic, digging into the heart of what cosplay should represent. People must have a lot of money to waste because there are so many choices to choose from. ::ponders where to place the thread for optimum damage::

Hey, look, see, I didn't even notice Michi sneaking in here when I just went off to make the PLC thread. See, I was right. Talking generates interest.

soshi
03-20-2003, 09:17 PM
I actually don't have any mp3s >_O; I used to, but.. my computer, yeah.

Michi
03-20-2003, 09:29 PM
I ish teh sneakar!!!!11

Well, blah. Maybe I'll bug teh Laylaninja.

I need to speak normally. @_@;;

Yui
03-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Um, I'm very low-tech around here...lemme see if I can make mp3s perhaps of my CDs. I'll have to switch comps, tho...

Michi
03-20-2003, 09:47 PM
^_^! That would be shinyhappy.

Um, I made spiffy buttons for all the Cyberland peoples because I was bored and felt like making them.

soshi
03-20-2003, 09:55 PM
and they are so purdy!

(are you getting my replies on AIM? o_o)

Michi
03-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Nuu, I'm not. o_o;

For Lilli & Yui:
http://nuriko.virtualave.net/kozi.jpg
http://nuriko.virtualave.net/kami.jpg

soshi
03-20-2003, 09:59 PM
o_O; I didn't think so. hrm.

LaylaCinder
03-20-2003, 10:34 PM
:D Michiiii~~~ *found you* Psycho Cosplay! Yes! Now! ^^;.. Hi...

Michi
03-20-2003, 10:40 PM
*gnaws on Layla's arm* YAY. *points* Mana. :D

Dahlia
03-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Yeah, Ai no Uta is what I'm aiming for.
Note: this will definitely be for next year (2004 either AX or Otakon) I don't want anyone getting stressed. O_o supposed to be fun, remember?
I believe Lilli wantd to do Lida (man, I -almost- wanna do Lida...I luv that outfit, it's just the complex face paint intimidates me), and there was some interest of another friend to do Aya, but I have to see if she's actually in on it or not. And it's probably not gonna happen, but there's a plot to trick our very talented friend into doing that Daishi. But! - I actually was going to try to get as many PLC people assembled as possible (repeats are fine if you don't mind yourself) - I have this vision of taking over the con...heheh. I would like to seduce cosplayers who aren't even into j-rock to join us, to like spread the love, you know?

ah so....*thinks* well I'm up for anything, repeats dun bother me none....we can always do it from different sets. ^^V then again I always like having full sets so if another member is needed I'll do it as long as I think I can pull it off and do the person justice. *L* Next year is def. fine for me, give me time to save up and plan. Just keep me posted.

Yui
03-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Well it took me -that- long to upload -one- song on this cruddy comp (which just so happens to be Ai no uta - which is almost too cute to be j-rock ^_-)...um, you'll get more later...

http://ensui.net/music2/plc/plcanu1.mp3

Hey, it's the Jenova girl! Hi ^_^

& Thanx Michi for the little pic...I shall go make use of it now.

Michi
03-20-2003, 11:42 PM
*downloads*

Welcome! Heh. It was Soshi's idea to make them monochrome. :P Hahaha. *twirl*

Yui
03-21-2003, 12:20 AM
well thanks to both of you then ^_^
except now my sig is too big...ack...

Just a warning to anyone who considering cosplaying seek...he's insane. I mean, I'd love to make some of his silly kappa-ish outfits, but I wouldn't be able to take myself seriously in them (yeah, yeah, like any of them are serious, tho ^_-) Um, and then you gotta be all sweet, too, because contrary to his looks, he seems to me to be a quiet, shy kinda guy. (It's the curse of being a bassist! Or blessing...) So you gotta be able to be all dualistic like that.

::puts seek plushie on to-do list::

soshi
03-21-2003, 01:16 PM
that's actually another reason why I want to cosplay Seek ~ because I have an excuse to not be angsty in a jrock costume. ^____^;; and I <3 him!

aiiee, I'll go add the pic to my sig right now. ^^

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 02:28 PM
*points to self* :x yeah uh.. I'm..going be the Mana in the cyberland group with Yui, Michi etc~
~_~; actually that's mostly just dragging out an old costume for me(otakon...2000), and restyling the wig now and fixing it up. Now that I'm actually.. ^^; decent at cosplay? Can't bend over in that thing one bit. Seek would be the hardest member to cosplay though.. think of all his mouth piercings *had actually been considering this* it's also funny to hear his thoughts on those who cosplay him...

soshi
03-21-2003, 02:35 PM
I have magnet peircings.. they're supposed to be for your ears but they work in your mouth/lips, too, it's just uncomfortable. x____x; of course any mouth/lip peircings seem like they would be uncomfortable.. *has no idea how Kyo manages to sing with those things*

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 03:27 PM
I don't know though, I tried that when I was asked to be Hayato for.. that DJ cosplay thing. The magnetic ones didn't work good, so I got like.. a clip on lip ring? XD I felt so stupid~ it also made my speech impared. I had an on and off lisp... and it kept like, shifting. >.< It made me never want to ever get any form of lip peircing. Ever.

soshi
03-21-2003, 04:23 PM
lol XD;; yeah, the magnetic ones are reeeeally irritating. >_< I'm thinking of just using spirit gum and gluing stuff to my face. ^^;

Yui
03-21-2003, 05:46 PM
man between Cyberland and future PLCing, I guess I should let me sister teach me some para.

Hmm...those magnetic things don't work well for me either...I thought it was just me X_x*

Michi
03-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Aren't there lil clip on (well they don't really CLIP but they aren't real piercings) lip rings? My friend had one that she just sorta wore for fun. ^_^;

*tackles LaylaNinjaMana* ....haha ninja Mana. x_X

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 07:00 PM
:x... my friend insanely knows many of Psycho's para para... *personally wants to learn the one for prism from her* she was doing them all Katsucon actually! She was the Aya "schoolgirl" on saturday running about. And.. omigod Soshi! :D I just -realized- who you are because I am -stupid-. :x.. *waves* Can't wait...for fanime! ^^; Ninja mana! Able to uh... :x do.. unnormal mana stuff. Yeah... I don't know, platforms don't = stealth...

Michi
03-21-2003, 07:09 PM
HEY you guys wanna do Cyberland on Saturday? Like midday? Or.. something? Then I can keep track of Layla and shove her into Eliza afterwards. :D Unless other plans have been made. *shifty eyes* :untrust:

Yui
03-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Hooray, I have too many freakin' groups for Otakon! ::drops GGX, probably Suikoden, maybe FF6 and perhaps Star Ocean::
Friday is looking like Wild ARMs in the morning and Xenogears at 6pm-endofday. So middle of Friday is okay so far (tho I seem to remember you were busy then.) The only other costume I want to fit in for sure somewhere (besides Kami) is Darcia from Wolf's Rain, but he requires no effort on my part to look decent (yea for masks!) so that can happen anytime....maybe in the Friday gap. Which leaves Saturday totally open for j-rock right now....uh, just pick your time.

I can't even imagine going to a con now without changing at -least- once a day. And I'm trying to keep it to just two costumes, but I fail terribly and have to make it 3 a day a lot. We're all sick. >O_o<

Michi
03-21-2003, 07:32 PM
I've had cons where I've changed plenty (up to four times?) and others where I only wore one costume. o_O; It depends on my mood. Or groups. Like Ani-Magic, where I was in Yoh after I showed up.. then Gravi people wanted a photo so I got into Yuki briefly.. then I decided to be Squall... stuff like that. X_x;

Time for Saturday-Cyberland is pretty open 'cept for 9 to 11ish, where I'll be in my FF9 garb..

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 07:48 PM
:x.. I have no idea when the super secret oh my god I can't say anything group I'm in for the cosplay is going to be meeting.. so.. I'm going to say at this point noon? So far I have.. insane amounts of cosplay for Otakon x.x; crap...crap crap crap.

Yui
03-21-2003, 07:59 PM
okay, so, until someone thinks of a reason why not, we can say afternoon for Saturday....is meeting at 1pm too late in the day? (It's just that if I do pull through with my Setzer, I was interested in that all-FF shoot which is at noon, I think...? And I'd wanna stay in that for a little bit before changing - even if I -do- overheat ^_-)

Okay...that gives me a full 3-cos Friday, a 2-cos Saturday (with prime time night still open) and Sunday still open too for at least one more costume.

Yeah, I like planning everybody else around Kami. That's the way to go. ^_-
Um, but the birthday girl understandably isn't keeping up on all these rapid decisions -- so Lilli should have a say toooo...

Michi
03-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Noon is when you're available or noon is when the group is, Reira? :P I mean, if it's for the cosplay, wouldn't it be late? O_o When are we doing Mankin goodness? *tugs*

Haha, I haven't even figured out where all my costumes are going.. Well, one of them has no time... but it's currently 2 on Friday, 3 on Saturday, and one on Sunday. o.o Rarrrrr. Otakon needs a fourth day like Expo.

soshi
03-21-2003, 08:57 PM
no it doesn't, then I couldn't affourd it. XP

hrm.. I think.. I'm not going to have too many costumes. ^^; maybe I'll bring I-no..

d00d, the more I think about the Seek costume the more I want to do it... ;_;

Yui
03-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Haha, I just ditched like half my plans today. I feel liberated.

But...Don't let them seduce you so easily...must resist...
Yeah, but then you can't not have a Lida if you've got everybody else. Well, maybe Lilli would want to do him without me...? Somebody's got to.
::lonely cricket chirp::

Michi
03-21-2003, 10:21 PM
You sound like me, Yui. Agreeing to too many costumes that you can easily put off? XD

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 11:21 PM
12:00 is when I -can- do something. :x What day/time is good for our Mankin goodness, Michi?
We need a Lida.. :D and Seek.. c'mon guys! Support Psycho.

Yui
03-22-2003, 03:54 AM
<-----

Um....I cannot be held responsible. He's messing with my mind!

And Michi....most of the costumes by Otakon would be done in my case...I just agreed to wear them again for too many gatherings....so I'm cutting them down significantly. I'll have my fun with 15 billion cosplays at AX where it's easier to change. But when I agree that a new costume is to be completed by a certain con, it happens. Which is why no contract has been made yet...but with each passing second...
Help, save me, Lilli! O_o Is there any hope for me?

Michi
03-22-2003, 04:01 AM
Mankin goodness.. can be.. after MM and before masquerade? O_o

So Cyberland @ 12?

Yui
03-22-2003, 04:07 AM
Okay...I shall start the day off as Kami then.
Yea. A decision is made...until something else comes to muck it up. X_X*

Michi
03-22-2003, 04:35 AM
Haha yeah. ^^; I hope we can keep it there. >_>

LaylaCinder
03-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Well that timing sounds good for me. ^_^
<3 Now I just have to worry about my..trillion.. other costumes. Oooh...joy e_e; Which reminds me, do any of you have thigh high vinyl boots? :D Yeah that would help.. when I first did Cyberland I didn't have them, then when I wore it a second time, people lent them to me.. but.. :x yeah. At this point I don't expect to find my real size (5 and 1/2) but anything like 8 and under would be okay. *prays that someone has them* Or I'll just go buy some x.x;

Velvy
03-22-2003, 02:44 PM
If anyone is cosplaying an Au Revoire costume for Anime Expo, LET. ME. KNOW. XD

I may ditch the lolita contest and use what I was going to enter as a costume for Miwako (Paradise Kiss), and enter the J-rock masquerade head on (as "Au Revoire" Mana), but I don't want to enter if there's already another "Au Revoire" Mana entering.

So *jumps up in the air* I've got a violin! :D

Michi
03-22-2003, 03:08 PM
So I'll be in FF9ness, then Cyberland right after it, after that Layla we do Mankin, and then.. cosplay.. I dunno what I'll be doing then. @_@ Murrr. XD

Velvy... I could put together Au Revoir Gackt from the music video, where he isn't wearing the jacket and he's molesting the pillows.. unless someone supplies me with a jacket. XD;;

~ Michi, always jumping for the chance to be GAKUTO!

Velvy
03-22-2003, 03:14 PM
*jumps on the first Au Revoire cosplay signer upper* YaY! I think Poli (Indira) is cosplaying Kozi, but I'm not sure, haven't been able to contact her on AIM. @_@--->;_;

Michi
03-22-2003, 03:23 PM
I have a friend that wanted to be Au Revoir Yu~ki back in the day.. I haven't talked to him for a long time, but I could go find his number and call him after the weekend.. XD; *falls over* he said he'd do it for AX but we haven't talked in forever. @_____@ But I'll see~

Yui
03-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Velvy - I know, I wish people would stop being so secretive. It's hard organizing groups that way. But I have not noticed anyone to announce an AR Mana yet anywhere.

Michi - I've been on the look-out for that color snakeskin fabric for somebody else for a while....haven't found it yet. X_x Um, but I'll supply the snake?

Layla - I have thigh-hi-s for my Illuminati Kami...erm, I think they're size 8. And a ridiculous 7"...um I can barely stand in them, much less walk and certainly not dance. But if you wanna borrow them for pictures at least, I'll bring em.

Ah anyway...back to painting! (so I can finally move in for real and start sewing hardcore...)

Michi
03-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Dude if Layla was in 7" plats I think she'd tower over me as Gackt.. wait, Reira how tall is youz? o.o; I forget.
Aaaand yes~ Snakeskin fabric would be awesome if you could find it ^^ I can work out money and stuff later o_o;

LaylaCinder
03-22-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm only 5'3, so I'd need some form of platform ANYWAY x.x;
Yui- those platforms would work out fine I think, mostly just for photos, since well.. ~_~; yeah! He wears them. The end. *loves you*

Michi
03-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Yay we'll be even. I hearby declare Yu~ki cannot wear extensive plats. XD How tall is Közi and Kami? o_o

Yui
03-22-2003, 05:13 PM
I miss Poli....aw, you're giving me a reason to keep workiing on Au Revoir Kami (who was supposed to be shelved for this year....even though I keep working on him...hehe)

Oh yeah...but I am doing the loli contest. Don't know *why* because I'm not very loli-minded nor do I like competition, but I already invested too much into making that costume that I have to finish it through. So, yeah.

Hmm, well I'm set on for Cyberland by Otakon and a brief Illuminati appearance at AX, and if any other MM goodness happens to happen this year, then it just does. It's almost always more a matter of changing time scheduling than the actual making of a costume. Eh, but I'll warn you when it gets closer if it's likely for me.

Yui
03-22-2003, 05:16 PM
...I do technically have the correct purple velvety boots for Kami (from Merveilles), but they don't make me tall enough, so I'm going to cheat (since it's not that noticable, I hope) and wear my normal black 6" ones instead...just so I compete with a reasonably average height.

I am very short... 5' 2" on a good day....but people don't notice it cuz I always wear platforms. O_o

Velvy
03-22-2003, 08:12 PM
I just talked to Poli, she said hopefully she'll still be doing Au Revoire Kozi.

LaylaCinder
03-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Holy christ my face is totally un asian x.x; but, at least you don't have like what, puffy cheeks? :x I can at least do Kirito some justice.... We can be short together >.<

Michi
03-22-2003, 10:35 PM
YUI! Thankyou so much for posting PlC's Ai no Uta. I LURVE IT so much, my goodness. I want more. Then I will buy CDs, oh yes, I will buy CDs.

I like Aya. ^_^v

domestik
03-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by LaylaCinder
Holy christ my face is totally un asian x.x; but, at least you don't have like what, puffy cheeks? :x I can at least do Kirito some justice.... We can be short together >.<

*perks up* Kirito?

soshi
03-23-2003, 01:54 AM
eeeefffffffff I'm late to reply...

Layla - I have a good link to nice (and reasonably priced) thigh high platforms, aim me sometime. ......... oh hey, I'm talking to you. x_____x;

Michi - yeah, I have to wear flat shoes ^^;;; me ish too tall... *5'10, for the uninformed*

Lin - *glomp*

Michi
03-23-2003, 01:56 AM
Yaaaaay we should all be nearly the same height, then, wow! Er, Lilli? Heightness? ^^

domestik
03-23-2003, 02:14 AM
Claire - *glomps back*

I want more platforms. For what outfit I do not know.

I'm an even 5'0" so I have LOTSA height to make up for. x_x; Me being in platforms doesn't do all that much for my height anyway though..... *twitches*...

Michi
03-23-2003, 02:15 AM
*goes to buy mega-awesome 10 inch plats for Lin*

domestik
03-23-2003, 02:18 AM
*laughs* Duudee. Can I even WALK in 10" heels?!

.... I barely manage to walk "normally" in regula 6" heels. ^^; Mincy little steps.... and I'm usually clinging to something for dear life. x_X

Michi
03-23-2003, 02:25 AM
..I can run in my 6" stillettos, you can walk in 10" heels. XD

domestik
03-23-2003, 02:42 AM
..... you are insane.

Gimme them 10" heels, yo. XD Now I REALLY want 'em. :X

Too bad I can't afford 'em. x_X

Michi
03-23-2003, 03:06 AM
I think they might be 7" stilettos, actually.. they're in my closet at home and I'm not home :F I can't remember the exact length of that scary heel. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=9575 Didn't you see me in them? XD I can run up and down stairwells in them, dude. Yeehaw.

Hee. I want 10" heels. *towers over everyone at 6'3" YEAH.

What is this nice thigh high platform place you speaketh of to Layla, Claireness? :3

domestik
03-23-2003, 03:08 AM
My computer is retarded and I can't view images in the galleries at cosplay.com, or the complete title bar graphics for the pages. x_x;

I'd still only be 5'10". That is highly unfair. XD;

Michi
03-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Durrr. Did you see me in the bright purple/pink senshi thing at Animagic with my friend in the bright yellow/orange senshi thing? :D

Well then I'll just wear 5 inch plats.. and be 5'10".. heyyyy you could wear MY shoes and be my height ^____^ ...awww that's sad. o_o; umm.. uhh.. *carries Lin on her shoulders* :D!

soshi
03-23-2003, 12:21 PM
dude, yeah, Michi is the QUEEN of movement in heels. we were all staring in total awe when you were dancing around wearing Michiru at AX. o_o

domestik
03-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Michi - Yessssuuum. I COULD wear your shoes! Er... for what though? XD;

If I'm not careful, I'll end up re-adding things to my in progress list for this year. x_x;; *is staring at leftover vinyl-y material that can make a complete outfit*.......

Michi
03-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Haha XD I love platforms. They make me happy. I need bigger ones. Well, they make me happy til I take them off and go "o_o; ;_; short is me."

I keep reformatting my costume list. ^^; It's sad. Rrrr. I don't even know exactly what cons I'm going to right now completely. n.n;

domestik
03-23-2003, 05:01 PM
I've added Kozi to the list. *grin*

I just don't know what era the outfit is from. x_X; It's like illuminati but not illuminati. I'm thinking it's just one of the miscellaneous outfits...

LaylaCinder
03-23-2003, 06:03 PM
:x but he has... two "illuminati" outfits.... so it could be like that?

Michi lets run in platforms together rabidly ;_; okay? Get me some 7" heels and I'm set.
In other news, I......should really change my icon to something that isn't Jenova... yeah. That would be good. Maybe something that actually shows... MY FACE?!?!?!?! x.x;

domestik
03-23-2003, 06:56 PM
http://bloodberry.org/hrs/gallery/kozi01.jpg

That's what I'm doing. Is that the other variation for illuminati? o_O;

Yui
03-23-2003, 07:52 PM
dude, that's like later than Illuminati...it's after Gackty bailed. Uh, I don't know what it's called, just that everybody looks cool except Kami who seems to be just wearing a garbage bag or sumthing. O_o*

domestik
03-23-2003, 07:53 PM
o_O; I don't suppose you could direct me to a group shot of it or something? I'm going ballistic trying to find the lower portion of his outfit. X_X;

Yui
03-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Eep...I just got the four of them together from the back of the Fool's Mate retour book...and they have no legs there either. Um, but I think I remember seeing those costumes onna SHOXX cover too, so there probably are pics somewhere?

Lilli
03-23-2003, 08:04 PM
...Good Lord, people ^^; I disappear for the weekend and Like... 5 pages appear, LOL

._. Let's see what I can remember.

Michi, I'm around 5'7"

Yui, I'd love to be Cyberland Kozi on Saturday at Otakon, sure :3 Also, at first ya, I thought I'd make Lida, but now you seem to be expressing interest in him, hmmm ^-~ If that's the case, I'm looking into Yura, since he's really my only other option...

Uh... um... *blank look* What other questions were there? ^^;;;;;

Lilli
03-23-2003, 08:05 PM
By the by.... Yuuuuiiiiii *calls her on the phone or something ._.;* Except I lack j00r digits ^-~

domestik
03-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Yaaaay. More picture huntin' for me. ^^; I remember spending a few weeks just trying to find a clear full body shot of [KR]cube Kyo.

Come to think of it... I never found a really nice and clear one. o_O;

LaylaCinder
03-24-2003, 06:55 PM
:x....uh... I'm pretty sure that was just a magazine shot, that look and wasn't directly connected to any song. :D But... how in god's name will you do that? x.x; Are you insanely flat chested or good at binding? *could never do that* ;_; it would hurt, I imagine. :x I felt like I was going to die in pain, when I tried binding recently. *wishes she should do the binding thing and look flat*

domestik
03-24-2003, 07:31 PM
*laughs* Non-existent boobs! NO PAIN WHATSOEVER! XD

I've found out that there really aren't any available images that have full body shots. Apparently, they're all just busts. o_O;

Which means I have creative freedom to do the bottom. *powerpose*

Hm. Now I REALLY want insanely high-heeled thigh high boots of DOOM. Neeeeee... Michi? XD You got any black thigh high boots? *grin*

Michi
03-24-2003, 07:44 PM
I did... Ever since I moved I can't find them. O_O

Yui
03-24-2003, 11:28 PM
maybe I can just rent out my thigh-hi boots to everyone...? ^_-

Yui
03-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Um, er...& Lilli! Prism Lida is a definite go for me for ACen, as it looks like it's gonna be a j-rock cosplay emergency situation. So, I'll have -that- Lida for Ota, then too obviously - group or no group. I still rather luv AnU Lida as well and I would love to be in the big group, but I am not that skilled methinks in the exacting sewing as that one would call for. I could try to do that one for Otakon too, and burn my little brains out, but you are more than totally welcome to it (not to mention, worthy and skillful enough to even consider it)
Um, or you could do Prism Aya as you were thinking, right? And then Dahlia could do that Yura...?

Er..I can't think right now...have to get off the comp...just, um....everybody with PlC grouping interest for Otakon this year just put it down. Yeah.

domestik
03-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Yui
maybe I can just rent out my thigh-hi boots to everyone...? ^_-

Marvelous idea! Except I probably wouldn't be able to afford it with money constraints and all. XD

Hrm. But perhaps I could get out of paying for it and have one of my siblings order me a pair of my own as my birthday pressie!..........

*plotplot*

Lilli
03-25-2003, 03:22 AM
Sure, Prism Aya for Otakon sounds fine :3

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 12:22 PM
domestik: I hate you ;_; pain is evil. At Katsucon chest binding hurt me so much It was insane. ;_; I wish for my younger cosplay days *weeps* when binding was easy.

Put me down for.. Ai no Uta Daishi because no matter what I am bound beyond time space and the universe to do that. And..... x.x; I forgot which member, but I am also bound in a similar way to do a member of Jyakura.

Michi
03-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Laylaninja... Don't bind so tight. ^^; What're you using? It was for Hayato, right? That isn't a tight shirt... you shouldn't hafta kill yer chest. O_O

Whereas I tend to pick characters like Zell or Nikki where I wear a shirt that's form fitting... ~_~;;;

soshi
03-25-2003, 03:46 PM
O_o; yeah.. I can get my chest to go away, and it doesn't hurt at all, and I'm a D cup. o_O;;

Yui
03-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah, Lilli, just confirming that if we're talking Prism, you said Aya. Dahlia saw the previous post up there where you said you're only other option was Yura-sama, but you didn't mean Prism for him.

Plans mutated that quickly...it's hard to process all this.

As far as renting out boots...I was kinda kidding, but um, money isn't neccessary. If you've got food, old j-rock magazines, surplus fabric...yep, I like the barter system.

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I didn't bind my chest actually, Tikki did who was like okay "turn! *PULL* TURN" so yeah.. that might be why. But yeah it was for Hayato! x.x; But I took it off in line for the concert which you know.. I just couldn't wear beat to wear it. Which actually reminds me... SELF PLUG! :D With all this talk about j-rock cosplay why not wear j-rock cosplay to, da dum the J-rock/Visual Kei Panel at Otakon, of which, yours truly is the head of and will be hosting it with the help of 2 friends and with our guest panelists the band Silver Ash who will be discussing their views on the current scene from a band's standpoint. :o So far it's been scheduled for Friday at 5 p.m. so hopefully you can all make me happy and make it >.<

Michi
03-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Duuuuude. Pull turn pull turn what??? O_O I'd die. ^^; Layla, I can help you next time. ^^;;

Yui
03-25-2003, 06:01 PM
The big, big Xenogears thingie starts at 6 on Friday, but...er, um, I'll just be a little late...? It's supposed to be all the rest of the night anyway. Yeah...hehehe. (No one's gonna mess with Kreli about it cuz I'll just mutate &/or eat them. Yep.) How long's the panel, btw? I will have to do a supersonic costume change - I'm thinking at the con center. Hooray...that'll be interesting. -_-**

soshi
03-25-2003, 06:07 PM
I still do not understand why Silver Ash should be on a jrock/viskei panel. just give them their own panel, they're not a jrock band. o___O

do do do. *eats a muffin*

domestik
03-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Layla - Hm. Your binding does indeed sound painful. o_O;

I was kidding about the non-existent chest. ^^; I do have SOME chest definition, but not like soshi. XD; Still, making my boobs disappear isn't a problem--I do self-binding, so I know what feels uncomfortable and what doesn't firsthand. o__o;

Yui - Well, if you're at Fanime I'd gladly feed you food for usage of thy boots. XD

Claire - ne, maybe it's because it's not just a Jrock but viskei panel too? o_O; Silver Ash are viskei, or are considered viskei aren't they?

soshi
03-25-2003, 06:32 PM
but.. they're.. Chinese.

domestik
03-25-2003, 06:36 PM
*shrug* Until there's a high count of Chinese visual artists then I guess any Chinese or other foreign visual artists get to fall under the Japanese viskei? o.O??

I don't know dude. This is just what I think--yanno? *anutha shrug*

soshi
03-25-2003, 06:39 PM
it just bothers me that people lump all Asian cultures together... like, Silver Ash is Chinese, so it's ok for them to be considered jrock/viskei, but an American/white band would never, ever be. o_O;; I don't get it.

domestik
03-25-2003, 07:09 PM
I was contemplating about that too--division of "visual" American groups but them not generally being considered "viskei".

... did that make sense?... MOVING RIGHT ALONG NOW!....

Or is it because most of the people here consider our own visual artists as "glam"?

Dude, I SO do not know. I'm spitting out random thoughts, opinions, and half-arsed theories. x_x

Yui
03-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Oh no....it's a Soshi tangent debate. ^_^** Quick, someone feed her more muffins!

I -want- to...ignore...but...can't...ergggg.
So - um, actually, I do believe that they could at least be considered visual rock, yes? There's quite a lot of highly strange Indian rock bands that are in that catagory, it's just that China surprisingly hasn't had much in that regard yet. And if white/american people ever got friggin cool enough, they could -maybe- be visual rockers too...there's just no appearant interest in real art in the godless land here.

Anyway - back to the group-forming talking stuff....

Er, Fanime...not this year, anyway. (I have a feeling I'm going to get drafted into even more cons next season, tho ^_-*)

Also, I'm thinking maybe I'll do Cyberland Kami for a little bit for the panel just cuz changing out of Lida might be hard that quickly. I don't know yet. I thought I'd save both of them for Saturday, but I don't really mind either way.

domestik
03-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Yui - Ahh shucks. That's okay. I'll just... be creative with my randomly purchased 6" heeled MJs. o_O; Saves money! LOTS OF MONEY! XD

I'd like to go back OT but I can't find anything OT to say at the mo'. o_o;

soshi
03-25-2003, 07:27 PM
HAAHAHAHAHAAA FEAR MY TANGENTS >D

... I mean ...

uh, Fanime. yeah.

... whee!

Yui
03-25-2003, 07:53 PM
For tangent fun, I have created a thread for us. ^_-
& Hopefully, I provided enough of a disclaimer to scare away loserly anti-j-rock people from mucking up us having a nice little debate of our own. (So if anyone -does- just post negative crap, ignore it, contact a mod or something. Don't waste your time replying to it, though.)

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9692

And muffins for all!
The end.
Back to groups.

So....you California people sure get a lot of cons. I realize it's a big state and all, but I only have one (this year, finally 2!) around me.

soshi
03-25-2003, 08:13 PM
well, not only is it a big state, it's a highly populated state, and because we have many port cities, we're a very up to date state. ^_- we also have the best weather in the entire country, so everyone wants to come here. ^^;;

yaaaaay thread. I'll have to reply to that when I have energy.. e.e

Michi
03-25-2003, 08:24 PM
We used to just have Fanime and Anime Expo. Then Ani-Magic came to be in 2000, and then in 2001 there was YaoiCon, and last year ReccaCon was created... ^_^;

Yeah.

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Okay, ON THE SILVER ASH TOPIC x.x; they are still considered a VISUAL BAND. It was an offer that came from head of panels, and they can't have their own panel because well, they aren't guests :o + Otakon has a big ass musical guest coming so they can't afford to also have a band. I'm not a super huge silver ash supporter, but if they offer, it doesn't hurt :o It was the 3 panelists group decision, and I found it FINE. The questions to be answerd by them aren't "Hey what did you have for breakfast" but talking about JAPANESE bands themselves x.x; if you're going to make a tangent on this, then why are 3 WHITE girls hosting a panel on visual kei? Think if them as just, what, are there 4 of them? x.x; 4 chinese co panelists. Or 5...? :o 4...5..? x.x 4 and 1/2... plus in all truth this is NOT a j-rock panel. Visual Kei is NOT j-rock in all cases >.< if it was a j-rock panel I'd be going off talking about Spitz, Husking Bee and other bands people in America don't care about because well, they.. :x aren't pretty?

Lilli
03-25-2003, 09:02 PM
OT... YUUUIII :3 Aren't some American bands largely responsible for the inspiration? ^-~ Kiss... etc. :3

Baaack on topic! Sure :3 Hehe, if we're talking Prism, then I confirm for Aya. My comment that Yura was my only other choice was for AnU. Although Prism Yura is also sort of cool. But my ears... they don't bend that way XD

...*sneaks Drugstore Cowboy into Layla Cinder's list of ignored in america j-rock bands :3 *

Yui
03-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Layla...I'll have to retract your muffin. ^_~**
Also, soshi likes to play devil's advocate, so don't take it personally. ^_^ It's cool that they'll be there. Maybe they'd wanna cosplay with us, too. (hehe...too hopeful)
Who's the BAMG, by the way?

On-TOPIC:
Prism at Ota: Yui = Lida & Lilli = AYA. Understood.

So we need just four more PlC peeps for our soccer game then, huh? ^_-

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 09:15 PM
:x I mean in all honesty I wish I could IMPORT a visual band for that panel, but alas~
Which reminds me! Those of you in CA, should go to Fanime and support Blood, an Osaka based visual band that will be performing there. ~_~ *Layla the insta ad*
Yui: But... MY MUFFIN ;_;
If Otakon knew I told anyone their BAMG, they would send ninjas with attack sporks to whittle away at my spine and also take away my panel, I'm guessing. :o Oh, and KILL ME.

Michi
03-25-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm going to Fanime and supporting Blood. But you know that. :F Because I'm giving you a room. XD

soshi
03-25-2003, 09:20 PM
hey look, Yui's got me figured out already. ^^;

yes, everyone SHOULD go to Fanime. :D

Michi
03-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Yes they should!! Everyone!! *loveeeees Fanime* T_T It's special to me, it was my first con in 2000. ;_;

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 09:31 PM
*cough* plug *cough* and support Blood :x come on this time it's a JAPANESE visual band...
Or maybe they're just lying and secretly Korean ¬.¬

Yui
03-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Um...okay, but is it a good guest band (i.e. we would like them) or like...parapara girls or sumthing? You don't have to tell -exactly- if you fear for your life (tho ninja Lida would defend you ^_^). I didn't realize it was like a spoiler secret thing. Um, just warn us -how- good and insanely intricate our j-rock cosplays should be, then, perhaps? Then you get your muffin back. Like should I rob a bank or merely spend a couple $hundred? Haha...but if I don't know, I shall be prone to spread wild rumors then!

Anyway, as I've told Lilli, it's very difficult to plan appropriate VK cosplay when there's so many bloody secrets. ^_-***

domestik
03-25-2003, 10:23 PM
*blinkblink* Blood?

I will definitely check this out when at Fanime.

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 10:25 PM
The person isn't VK :x but he's technically, god, I don't know? J-pop? Pretty much, and could be considered vaguely visual with some images, I guess and can be found in some jrock magazines, or at least older ones? x.x; No, it isn't Gackt. And don't do any guessing on the board please, nor ask me for the answer, as I will not tell you.

Michi
03-25-2003, 11:27 PM
^___________________^

The end.

(Sorry for the spam.)

Yui
03-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Okay. Good enough. I won't mention it again. (That's what's gotten for plugging. ^_-)

And now...if there's anyone else in the audience who still needs to discuss groups, the floor is returned to you. (Anyone coming to ACen, btw?)

LaylaCinder
03-26-2003, 12:12 PM
What, you mean this board is to discuss j-rock cosplay groups? o_o I... I don't know how to take that information.

soshi
03-26-2003, 04:25 PM
lol XD Layla, this thread was to post about groups that are happening this year. but we took over. u_u;; *proclaims us the almighty crazy jrock forum regulars of cosplay.com*

Michi
03-26-2003, 04:28 PM
I'm going to ACen~ Er, probably. But you should know that, Yui. XD

LaylaCinder
03-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I might be going to Acen because a friend is apparently planning a zany fun filled road trip! :D.............that can never mean something good.

Michi
03-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Yes! Good! XD You should go, Layla! :3!!

Yui
03-26-2003, 08:48 PM
All right, someone besides just me (oh and Lilli ^_^) will be there. (Michi, you're over 75% probabilty yet?) I gotta find out who is running the j-rock panel (or if we're even having one O_o*) there and see what day/time it is. Probably Friday, if it follows regular form (unless it turns out like Katsu...sticking it in the last timeslot like that.)
I have a few non-j-rock costumes coming along with too, but I'm going to try to stick them in the schedule so as not to interfere with anything. & If I can finish Lida satisfactorily, I'll wanna wear him the whole con, tho. Heh, I kinda wanna wear him to the DJ panel, too and see if they notice. Heheh.

Michi
03-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Well, my dad says it's "a good possibility".. so I'd say I'm at.. 85%? :P

sefie_tilmitt
03-27-2003, 06:21 PM
I guess I'll ring in and say that I'll be at Acen. I'll be wearing a few J-rock costumes, and tagging behind a Merveilles group as my own Gekka Kozi. I'll also be dressing up as Christmas Mana.

I'll also be at NDK with my cosplay partner doing our Gekka outfits, and Cyberland.

Oh! AX too. *wave scamper*

--Dormouse

LaylaCinder
03-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Dormouse! :D <3

soshi
03-27-2003, 09:17 PM
yay! *glomps Doormouse*

Yui
03-27-2003, 11:40 PM
hooray...there's more than...like five of us afterall. Hey, who's doing Merveilles? I'll have to clear the hallways of traffic for them. Oh, and I think they'll be at least three mega-Kozi fans at ACen, so you better watch out ^_-
(psst...anyone here who is coming to ACen, but doesn't yet have lodging, let me know. I gotta get a few more people in on the suite, or I won't be able to afford it. X_x And I'd rather invite you guys with good tastes rather than just random people O_o)

Velvy
03-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Gosh everything is totally blank, who I'm cosplaying, and who with, and with what group, and with what act...@_@;;

I'm gonna go drown out my sorrows by killing this emoticon:
:crylaugh: Just because he's begging for it.

LaylaCinder
03-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah, this is semi OT but... :x I finally made a cosplay page, even though I'm so lazy about that stuff x.x;
www.starlights.net/cosplay
:x yeah... *queen of OT*
Now to make this vaguely on topic.........
Anyone going to Fanime, and if so, what j-rock costumes are you wearing, if any? :x

Michi
03-28-2003, 07:41 PM
For Fanime... I'm not really planning any J-rock, but I'm doing T.M.Revolution's Hot Limit costume for J-pop cosplay-age. ^_^; Then again, you know that. :X Straps are fun.

Cyber Wolf
03-28-2003, 07:47 PM
O_O;;; Heh.. I love that costume *can't wait to see it* ^^

Michi
03-28-2003, 08:19 PM
I started work on it a year ago.. ^^; I've just been lazy. I hope it comes together in time, though. ^^ I'll be wearing it at Otakon, too, it seems.