PDA

View Full Version : Tales of (Destiny, ect.)

Alexeil
08-07-2002, 03:49 AM
Was wondering if anyone has or plans to cosplay any characters from this series of games? I did see there was a thread about this over in the AX forum awhile back, did it happen at all? I've been wanting to do Rutee for YEARS. Unfortunatly she falls into my 'I'll do that as soon as I loose enough weight to feel comfortable in it' costume catagory -_-;;; But she is one of my all time favorite characters, so SOMEday I WILL do her!!

Nietsche
08-07-2002, 07:58 AM
AX had a good turn out for Tales based cosplayers! Unfortunately not at the same time!

When I was there I did see Eternia and Destiny!
From Eternia there were 2 Meredies, Marone adn I think there was a Keele....and I was Reid Hershel!

From Destiny there were 2 really good cosplayers on Sunday being Stan and Leon.

As for Phantasia there was a group a long time ago..I think they were call iPlay who did a whole battle scene for a masquerade skit...

Celine
08-07-2002, 08:39 AM
Well, some of us who were discussing it decided that next year's Akon would probably be a good time for Tales cosplay. We wanted to try Tales of Phantasia- but most of us haven't played it yet, so this way we'd have enough time to try it out. Also, nobody yet wanted to do Cless, and it'd be sorta silly to have a group without him. XD Yeah, iPlay did a huge group from it a few years back with great costumes!

I love Rutee too! I wish someone'd cosplay her, and I've thought about doing her myself. Basically, since Atwight would be a crucial prop (in my mind), I haven't done her. Sword-making is not one of my skills! hehe... I never knew you were into Tales of Destiny! That is so cool!

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 09:20 AM
*is confused* Is that the group I am supposed to be part of?
I should stop procrastinating and play the game already. LOL The only problem is that my PS1 is unmodded and my PSX Emu does strange things to Japanese games. Then end up sped up with the chipmunks providing the music and it drives me nuts. But then this emu was optimized to run on slow comps and I'm running it on a 1MHz, so I might need to slow down the computer first.

>___<

Anyway, I am ranting, but keep me posted as to the status of said group. Not that I can get ANY work on my costume before Katsu, mind you, but still...

> Sword-making is not one of my skills!

I'm going to have to make three detailed swords before Katsu so if I get the hang of it I can probably give you tips. ^___^

Lisibit
08-07-2002, 06:50 PM
I'm planning to go as Farah from Tales of Eternia at AX 2003. I enjoy her character much more than Meredy's, and I think the costume is more flattering- (though orange, pink, red, and green are a strange color combo.) *cheers* Buying fabric on the weekend. Go me!

Alexeil
08-07-2002, 09:48 PM
I'm realy glad to here people like these games! Tales of Destiny has been my favorite rpg for quite awhile, but it seemed to get so little notice in the US in general.

Nietsche, have you seen any pics of those AX Tales cosplayers? I'd especially love the see the Leon!!

Celine, I doubt I'll make Akon, but never know! Yeah, I'm glad you're a Tales fan too! Though not surprising we didn't know since we only did meet that one time and didn't get to talk too much. I am definetly looking forward to getting to know people better at the next CT2 meeting.

Atwight is definetly a nessacity for Rutee cosplaying in my mind, too. The swordians were such an intrical part of the story in that game. I kinda missed them in Eternia. But I can't wait to play Tales of Destiny 2 now!! The REAL TOD2, not the American version of Tales of Eternia. Have you heard about it? It's a direct sequal, the main character is Stahn's son!! There's pics up at rpgamer.com in case you haven't seen them.

Celine
08-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Rosiel- Yes, that would be the group to which I am referring. Between you, Erin, and I (the only people who I have any faith in actually going through with the idea), no one has actually played the game! I got a SNES rom, actually... I know I might miss out on some stuff that way, but at least I trust my SNES emulator!

Alexeil, I have a pic of thoseToD AX cosplayers (http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/AX/tod.JPG) ... I sure hope I can make the meeting now. ^^

Nietsche
08-08-2002, 06:45 AM
Yup...i have been to the namco site many times.....and yup i would like to play TOD2 too! Have been hearing exciting new stuff about the system too!

Oh yeah..did you want a Cless, Celine?
I really like those Phantasia designs! mostly because they were done by AH My Goddess and Sakura Taisen designer..(name escapes me..)

Nietsche
08-08-2002, 08:42 AM
Oh yeah..I want Tales of Fandom too! Now to get my grubby mitts on it!

Philia Philis
08-09-2002, 01:32 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOD COSPLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Philia and Mary costumes! *bounces* Although Mary is in shambles. *cough* I HAVE PHILIA! EE! EE! I haven't even read this thread through yet, but Tania just showed it to me, and AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOD COSPLAYERS! *dies repeatedly*

Celine
08-09-2002, 01:40 AM
Nietsche- Tales of Fandom! Totally!!! And.. Cless!!!! *dies* Cless is soooooooooooooooooooo cute.... we HAVE to have a Cless. He's the main character. Argh, I guess we have time to find someone to do it.

I'm officially doing Rutee for Animefest. Erin will just have to bring Philia. Whee!

Alexeil
08-09-2002, 02:30 AM
Ah, wish I could go the Animefest to see your Rutee! You must take tons of pics!!!

Nietsche
03-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Okay so now I might do another Tales cosplay- not sure what yet....maybe Cless maybe Stan...I kinda see now about the toilet thing in Destiny! :o

j-chan
03-29-2003, 05:05 PM
eee! *fangirl scream* i love tales of phantasia so much. :D i really want to play the follow-up games, but can honestly say i had a blast playing my spiffy little rom of top. i want to cosplay as chester or klarth- both of them are hilarious~!

you definitely have to post pictures when they're done.

INDIGNATION! :3

KaineMaxwell
03-29-2003, 05:30 PM
If it helps anyone I have a translated English rom of ToP.

Yui
03-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Oh wow, ToD...how I love the swordians - they're like badass Ra-Seru ^_-
I have to make Dymlos someday.

KaineMaxwell
03-30-2003, 11:13 AM
ToP is coming to GBA ya know guys. ;)

j-chan
03-30-2003, 05:01 PM
s;ifjs;kljfslkjfd;slkj!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD

MUST. BUY. GAMEBOY! :B

Rinkun
03-30-2003, 08:47 PM
i was chat from Tales of Eternia for Animazement 2002...;_; but no one recognized me...only thing anyone said was how cool the hat was and how i made it o_<

jabbu-wakku
10-15-2003, 11:50 PM
i just posted a thread about help with a keele zeibel costume before i noticed this thread. that was scary, and creepy.

i hope to have my keele costume done for fanime 2k4. that gives me lots of time, but i already have the wig! YEah!

Muralasa
10-17-2003, 06:17 PM
[...]

Nietsche
10-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Back in the day that time...I woulda just missed AX2000....and hit Otakon 2000..I would have recognised ToP!

Okay then how about Tales of Symphonia?
or ToD 2 (not Eternia!)

Rinkun
10-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Okay then how about Tales of Symphonia?
or ToD 2 (not Eternia!)

:) i'm planning to do Philia Philice from ToD2 for Katsu. i love her adult outfit ^3^

aerialknight
05-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Anyone who lives in the NE America area and wants to do Tales cosplay (of any sort! I've played them all) can message me or something. I'll be up for it. ;D

JohnnytheMuse2
06-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Anyone who lives in the NE America area and wants to do Tales cosplay (of any sort! I've played them all) can message me or something. I'll be up for it. ;D

I'd so be down for that...I'm already planning for Anime North 2007, and I'm making a Loni costume from Tales of Destiny 2, we need more Destiny and Destiny 2...I love them to death!

Issu
06-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Heck yeah.
There's been no shortage of Symphonia fans around but the other Tales really don't get much loving D: (my Otakon thread definately showed that)
Especially for the older ones-- Good going for Loni, Muse~ :bigtu:
Nice to see other Destiny 2 cosplayers~

FeelLikeRain
06-26-2006, 01:57 PM
I'd love to make a Chloe for Legendia (Jay would be fun too, but firstly, I'm not small like he is, and secondly, my parents would be afraid of me). Tear from Abyss might be nifty, too. Currently I'm working on a Lloyd -- Symphonia, of course -- to wear to CNAnime 06. ^^; I have a Sheena already, which I wore to Anime North last month. <3

And agreement on the ... uh, four-year-old posts celebrating the cuteness of Sir Cless Alvein. He is indeed extremely cute. <3 (Chester rocks too! And Klarth! teh w00t!) I would make a Cless costume in addition to all these that I dream of, but I have no money, and am afraid of accidentally killing said Cless costume with my n00b costume-making skills. That armour...x_X

Someguy
06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Tales of Symphonia, Kratos FTW!!

Issu
06-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I've been working on Nanaly from Destiny 2 a while to wear to Otakon. ^^ *is a little more than half-way to finishing* ...And futurely maybe Sink from Abyss? Though now that you're mentioning Phantasia, Klarth isn't a bad way to go either~ Gotta love classics. <3

Nothing wrong with Noob costume skills xD *hasn't even been cosplayin half a year yet* What is a big problem though is money D: I can relate. I really need a steady job to keep up with all the purchases...
Especially when it comes to making Nanaly's huge-arse bow. ^^;

Kesseki
06-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I want to crossplay Jade or Peony some day. I'm so looking foward to TotA! I might make a decent Grune, too, but her dress... :eeek:

Tales series makes for lots of cool costume opportunities!

Zelos_Wilder
06-28-2006, 12:23 PM
The only "Tales of" cosplay I've completed is Zelos Wilder from Tales of Symphonia.

I'd really like to do a Senel or Norma cosplay one day though, their costumes are just so exotic ^^
Andddd~ prehaps some Chester cosplay ^_~

Tifa_Lock
06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I've only cosplayed Sheena Fujibayashi, but in the future I want to cosplay Genis Sage and Colette Brunel from Symphonia, Arche Klaine from Phantasia and Tear Grants from Abyss *_*

FeelLikeRain
06-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I did consider Norma, too, but the thing is that I'm just not small and cute like she is ... Chloe would suit me a little better, and I would feel really cool in that dark brown body suit. But maybe I'll cosplay Norma anyway, and dance around blowing bubbles at people. ^_^

Tales does provide a lot of fun opportunities for cosplay, doesn't it? Fujishima's designs are just a little plain, that's all ... but I love the character designs for Tales of Legendia. Senel has so much crazy random metal stuff all over the place...

Issu
07-05-2006, 04:02 AM
I did consider Norma, too, but the thing is that I'm just not small and cute like she is ... Chloe would suit me a little better, and I would feel really cool in that dark brown body suit. But maybe I'll cosplay Norma anyway, and dance around blowing bubbles at people. ^_^

Tales does provide a lot of fun opportunities for cosplay, doesn't it? Fujishima's designs are just a little plain, that's all ... but I love the character designs for Tales of Legendia. Senel has so much crazy random metal stuff all over the place...
They do have a lot of opportunities to them. I'm surprised people don't cosplay the rest of them more often oo-
--Though funny you say that about Senel, Rain, I actually don't like his clothing for the same reason! xD I find it really busy and the metal IS random! Oh sou random!

Saa, has anyone started anything?
With as many plannings as there are, it'd be cool to see progress pictures when people get to their costumes~

Piichi to Roy
07-05-2006, 05:38 AM
I would LOVE to do Reid one day. :3 He's one of my favorite Tales characters ever.

However! I'd like to cosplay as my favorite Symphonia character sometime soon- Botta <3

Haha, I've never seen a Botta cosplayer (much less a FEMALE one XD), and I can't wait to start on it. I have a feeling my biggest challenge will likely be his beard. :D (Any help will be readily accepted XD) <3

I can't wait to see everyone else's Tales cosplays! It's one of my favorite game series.

~~~ Roy <3

Issu
07-06-2006, 04:51 AM
*loves to see lesser cosplayed characters* A Botta will be awesome~
Haha! I'm in planning to do Kambei for Samurai7 and am also going to have to get a beard going somehow xDD I'll definately give you any tips if I get anywhere with it either. I think I could use some help with that too :3

Yay for Reid! I'm still more of a Destiny2 fan, but how I do love Eternia~

Kazzi
07-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Oooh we have a huge ToS cosplay group here~ I was Colette last year but i plan on being Kratos this year (We're all doing the alternate outfits)

I'd love to cosplay Tear from ToA next year though ^.^ I love her outfit~

Piichi to Roy
07-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Haha! I'm in planning to do Kambei for Samurai7 and am also going to have to get a beard going somehow xDD I'll definately give you any tips if I get anywhere with it either. I think I could use some help with that too :3

Then I can't wait to get started! I'd appreciate your help and if you by any chance want mine, I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. XD I already have an idea... but it will probably suck REAL bad. XD Kambei?! HOLY CRAP aaawesome <3 And uh... yeah, good luck to you. XD

Oooh we have a huge ToS cosplay group here~ I was Colette last year but i plan on being Kratos this year (We're all doing the alternate outfits)

Oh, so you're doing Kratos's Judgement outfit? o.o That sounds tough, but no doubts it'll be worth it! Good luck with it! =D And be sure to post pictures. I'd love to see it. XD Your Colette is awesome, by the way. XD

Rinkun
07-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Hahahaha, oh man, I forgot about this thread XD

Anywho, I'm currently making good ol' Jay for Otakon. I know I got my one friend interested in doing Senel, but more for either Ohayocon or Katsucon next year.

I still want to do Philia Philice from ToD2 at least one time in my life.

Now Anise looks too adorable....Gah! The Tales series has the most awesome collection of characters ever! *_*

FeelLikeRain
07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Kazzi -- Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The, uh, two pictures in your Photo Gallery are so cuuuuuuuuuuute! =D

*cough*

After thinking about it some more, I'd actually love to be Mint. I love the pure white that she wears, and just how pretty she is. (Plus she's a good character who can actually handle herself well, rather than being the stereotypical Helpless Maiden.) My eldest sister just bought me a book about healing and medicine in the Middle Ages called "The Wisdom of Nature" as a gift, and I find it fascinating how religion and healing were so intertwined in that time. ^^;

I would play Destiny, Eternia, etc., but they're always expensive whenever I come across them online. x_X I'm kind of new to Tales -- only started playing Symphonia in the spring of 2005. >_>;;

Issu
07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
yeah, I kinda bought Eternia and Destiny on fluke before they got expensive, sou I'm lucky. Its great they're considered classics and all but its always disappointing that you have to fork over your life to play these games ><

Anywho, I'm currently making good ol' Jay for Otakon.
*waves* ^^ Which day are you going to be wandering around as Jay? I'm still gonna find you for a picture when I can. I'll probably start another Tales thread for Katsucon when that comes around oo- Hopefully that'll have a little more attention than Otakon's~

Then I can't wait to get started! I'd appreciate your help and if you by any chance want mine, I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. XD I already have an idea... but it will probably suck REAL bad. XD Kambei?! HOLY CRAP aaawesome <3 And uh... yeah, good luck to you. XD
xDD Thanks, good luck to you too! Its gonna be a lotta work of course, but I'm looking forward to it~ *would be also willing to brainstorm* eh, I don't like the sound of 'is really gonna suck' >< What were you planning on?

Rinkun
07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
*waves* ^^ Which day are you going to be wandering around as Jay? I'm still gonna find you for a picture when I can. I'll probably start another Tales thread for Katsucon when that comes around oo- Hopefully that'll have a little more attention than Otakon's~

I'm going to try for Friday and Sunday. I work for the Masq, so Saturday is out of the question.

I'm definitely going to bring him for Katsucon! Hopefully my friend will bring her Senel :3

Alaina Yagami
07-14-2006, 02:26 AM
I've kinda been tossing the idea of cosplaying as Luke with his short hair. Seeing as how lazy I've been with other costumes,I'm not going to have it planned for one of the cons I go to until it's actually done.

Piichi to Roy
07-14-2006, 05:42 AM
yeah, I kinda bought Eternia and Destiny on fluke before they got expensive, sou I'm lucky. Its great they're considered classics and all but its always disappointing that you have to fork over your life to play these games ><

You... lucky, lucky person. XD I had to RENT because I couldn't afford to buy them years ago. XD So I don't own them, and I'm sad. D:<

xDD Thanks, good luck to you too! Its gonna be a lotta work of course, but I'm looking forward to it~ *would be also willing to brainstorm* eh, I don't like the sound of 'is really gonna suck' >< What were you planning on?

Yay for brainstorming! XD I had thought my idea had merit, but it probably won't last that long '_' Ever hairsprayed your chin? XD Yeeeeah, I have to get my hair cut for Botta anyway (I have this thing about wigs XD)... I had thought of hairspraying some of my own hair to my chin, but that also sounds disgusting. XDDD Or maybe some spirit gummy stuff and wig hair? *goes crazy* And I haven't looked through ALL of the crossplay board, maybe there's something there? (I hadn't found a topic concerning female>male facial hair o.o...)

Back to the drawing board, eh? XD

Issu
07-15-2006, 12:12 AM
@Rin: Awesome :D I'm definately bringing Nanaly for Katsu, sou thats three of us sou far. I'm hoping for an overall-general gathering for Tales like on this thread instead of how it worked out where there was a Symphonia gathering and then a Tales gathering. Hopefully I can make it fast enough to do that. x3

@Yagami: ~_~ I think we all suffer it... Its cool you're still considering it though~ If you get around to it, best of luck to you.

@ RtoP: Eh, my ideas weren't too different ^^, I was thinking spirit gum too only with some furry cloth (like fur-trimming??) in the shape of a goatee. But I'm not exactly sure how that'll work since I've never used SpiritGum and how hard that'll be to remove. I mean.... I don't want a goatee-print all day >.>,
*is also looking for a thread too*
If we can't find one, want to make a question thread about it?

Piichi to Roy
07-17-2006, 11:48 AM
@ RtoP: Eh, my ideas weren't too different ^^, I was thinking spirit gum too only with some furry cloth (like fur-trimming??) in the shape of a goatee. But I'm not exactly sure how that'll work since I've never used SpiritGum and how hard that'll be to remove. I mean.... I don't want a goatee-print all day >.>,
*is also looking for a thread too*
If we can't find one, want to make a question thread about it?

Haha, a goatee print would SUCK. XD I also wonder how hard it'd be to get off, because I certainly don't want one either. And it would be horrible if it stuck so bad it took skin with it. XD *has frightened herself* ... O.O

And yeah, if we can't think of anything that'll work REALLY well, I've no qualms with starting a topic and asking away. XD

Issu
07-22-2006, 12:25 AM
*will show a newer progress for Nanaly's clothes on Monday when she gets time away from her schedule* Getting close to finishing... <3

@PtoR: Aa, awesome~ I've had no luck sou far. If we do start one, do you wanna start the topic or shall I? oo-

Piichi to Roy
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I haven't been too active around here lately, Issu. Plus, I'm going on vacation next week and won't be able to reach the internet. D: It'd probably be better and get more attention if you started it, because you'd at least be able to respond back XD

*thumbs up*

Issu
07-28-2006, 02:06 AM
I haven't been too active around here lately, Issu. Plus, I'm going on vacation next week and won't be able to reach the internet. D: It'd probably be better and get more attention if you started it, because you'd at least be able to respond back XD

*thumbs up*
On it! *thumbs up back* Have fun on vacation Piichi~

Aa, I REALLY gotta post a progress pic on Nanaly like tomorrow >< I keep forgetting. I can't believe the con is next weekend D: I've still sou much to do before then... On just about everything ><

Rinkun
07-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Hehe, same here, Issu. So much stuff to get done for Jay. Mostly simple stuff, but still >_<

TwilightFairy
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I like the Tales of Symphonia game. i've replayed it like five times already. I'm trying to get into tales of Phantasia but so far i'm stuck in Udine's temple.

Issu
08-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Finished with Nanaly! :D (mostly. atleast enough to wear to Otakon <3) There aren't any good pictures to show yet, but I've got a few from the con from a friend of mine~

And I saw you on the escalator, Rinkun! D:
You were on your way up and me down when I noticed you in your costume and I totally cursed myself for not calling out to you. You were far away by the time I'd gotten on my way back up ><
... And me without my costume nonetheless D:
Your outfit was amazing though! At least I hope to see you at Katsu~

TwilightFairy
08-11-2006, 08:34 AM
if i have the spare time i really want to do a Raine from ToS, or a Collet.

ToP-Cless kicks soo much arse, and Claus barely takes up any time to cast summons... now if i can get out of Temple.

Rinkun
08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Finished with Nanaly! :D (mostly. atleast enough to wear to Otakon <3) There aren't any good pictures to show yet, but I've got a few from the con from a friend of mine~

And I saw you on the escalator, Rinkun! D:
You were on your way up and me down when I noticed you in your costume and I totally cursed myself for not calling out to you. You were far away by the time I'd gotten on my way back up ><
... And me without my costume nonetheless D:
Your outfit was amazing though! At least I hope to see you at Katsu~

D: Awe! Don't worry, I'm totally bringing Jay to Katsucon, so we can get a second chance ^_^

Issu
08-11-2006, 05:05 PM
@Rinkun: Yay :D *happier* I'll wear her as much as possible sou I don't miss you this time.

@Twilight: That'll be great~ I'm sure either would turn out awesome. Though Raine would be sweet :3 I haven't actually met a Raine yet.

Issu
08-21-2006, 02:21 AM
For those who aren't aware of it yet, I've started an all-general Tales of thread for Katsucon for those of you who'll be attending it.
I know its a little early for it, but I wanted to have a general Tales gathering thread before anyone starts one for 'one' of the games.
Wish it luck for a good gathering ^^-

Naxul
08-25-2006, 01:08 AM
My favorite out of the series is definitely Tales of Symphonia. I've already completed a Sheena cosplay but she's just so over done from that game. ._.

I'm currently working on one of the summons though, Luna. I havn't seen anyone do this cosplay before so that makes me more motivated to complete it. I plan to do more from this game though, like Tabatha or Martel possibility. Atleast for those two I could use the same wig. :toothy:

Issu
08-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Aa~ Too cool! :D
Like you said, Symphonia is done a lot... but no one ever does the summons Oo- I think thats even more unusual than seeing characters from the other games!
That'd be brilliant~

Definately post some progress picks up when you can! :D

Psyposer
08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh many Tales cosplayers *_*
so cool!

i cosplay Yggdrasil, from Tales of Symphonia!
and i'm planning to cosplay Veigue and Claire from Tales of Rebirth (me as Veigue and my sister as Claire)
i'd love to cosplay as Sennel and Shirley, but my sister hates ToL ;_;
don't want to be a lonely Senny ^^"
but i'll convince her~

whoa! good luck with your Luna costume Naxul! hope to see it when its finished ^^

Naxul
09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Issu: I've actually seen some summons once, Udinie (http://www.usagichan2.com/Katsu2006/images/Katsu2006-259.JPG) and Celicus (http://www.usagichan2.com/Katsu2006/images/Katsu2006-258.JPG). Otherwise, I don't think I've seen anyone else try to do any of the summons. And I'll try to post them asap ^^

PsylockeKagura: Thanks, and I really, really like your Yggdrasil cosplay, it's the best I've seen!!

If anyone's going to Anime Expo 2007, look out for me- I'll be Luna one day ^^ (most likely 2nd day)

Issu
09-01-2006, 02:21 AM
D: <333 I adore Celcius... *is her fav.* Amazing!

@Kagura: *agrees* Great Yggdrasil indeed~ oo Yet another Tales rarity...

Issu
09-21-2006, 03:39 AM
Hmmm, I might be putting Sink on the back-burner right now...
I don't want to, but I'm not sure if it'll be too soon...

Meantime I'm fixing some minour stuff with Nanaly's costume. The wig in particular. [was disappointed some that it didn't stay the way it oughta] It continues to baffle me how many small things can throw off her costume...

Anyone else making progress?

Rinkun
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I successfully got about 4-6 more people to join the ToL group for Katsu, lol. Other than that, I've been lazy with Jay touchups X3

Issu
09-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Rin, you are indeed AMAZING. I wish I could get enough people interested to round a buncha Tales people! No one in my group of cosplayers seems all that interested unfortunately enough.
:untrust: ... at least not 'yet'...

Aa, I've been lasy too. I'e started working on stuff recently though? Its a nice way to distract myself from school. Nothing to do BUT touch up when I'm too broke to buy new supplies x3

Edit: Oh yeah, mind if I ask what characters may be coming sou I can add it to the Katsucon thread?

Rinkun
09-22-2006, 08:30 PM
We possibly have:
-1 Moses
-1 Fenemore
-1 Shwartz
-3 Possible Isabelles

They are all possibles, but 4 are seriously interested. XD

AkinaSumora
09-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I love the Tales games too! I did a ToS group a couple years back (pictures on here) and a Tales of the Abyss photoshoot is being planned at the con I'm going to next spring. I'm going as Tear!

MidnightMist
09-23-2006, 09:25 PM
The Tales games are indeed great! At last year's AX we had a pretty good Symphonia group (pic in my galleries), I was the Wonder Chef, I made a Sheena for my sister, and my partner went as Regal Bryant (in his chef costume varient).

We plan on doing Legendia next AX, so I can be the Wonder Baker Mimi and also possibly Shirley too (because I don't always want to be a NPC), and my partner Oniichan will be Jay (he's short enough and has long enough hair). I really want my sister and her boyfriend to agree to be Norma and Raynard, but I haven't sealed the deal with them yet.

Good luck to the rest of you Tales cosplayers, I hope you have a big group for Katsucon!

shaowebb
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I love the Tales of series of games! I currently have like a top Id love to cosplay someday.
1.Klarth (boo on gba for calling him Claus) -ToP
2.Genus -ToS
3.Yggdrasil-ToS
4.Jay-ToL
5.Moses-ToL

So whats your top five Tales of to do list?

AkinaSumora
10-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Right now? Finish Phantasia, get Abyss, and start the cosplay for it!

Imari-chan
10-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I have plans to cosplay from Abyss. :o and I still have to finish Kratos too. Ah~ Tales is awesome. I love when more people cosplay it. :3

ArcaneKani
10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Tales of Symphonia rocks! I cosplay Regal from it, and I plan on doing an alternate in the near future. Hopefully Tales of the Abyss is good (waiting to pick my copy up). ^^

AkinaSumora
10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Tales of the Abyss is awesome. You will love it.

FeelLikeRain
10-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Almost all of my current/future/hopeful cosplays are Tales. XD

- Sheena - Symphonia: It's really not very good, though. I'm still fond of it regardless.
- Lloyd - Symphonia: I'm working on it and remaking a whole bunch of things to look a lot better. I also [can] look decently enough like him, and act with near-alarming accuracy like him.
- Farah - Eternia: She's so sweet! And again, I can look and act decently like her. I'll probably be wearing her and Lloyd at Anime North.
- Someone from Legendia: I would love to try Senel because his outfit is just so cool, albeit probably a very expensive project. However, there is also the issue of that I look absolutely nothing like him. (Perhaps this could be achieved with dark foundation and a white wig -- I really doubt I'll get green/blue contacts or anything -- but even so. Heh.) Chloe or Norma would be the more practical choices. But I'd feel proud of myself if I could pull off Senel.
- Someone from Abyss: Natalia or even Jade would be fun. Or Tear.

chichiri97
10-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Anyone in the California area going to Fanime cosplaying as "Tales" characters? I think I only saw a Lloyd, Sheena...and one more I forgot, probably Zelos groupie at Fanime04.

ChibiTifa05
10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm planning a Chloe cosplay for Katsucon from Legendia. For AX, I might cosplay Tear from Abyss. I hope to join any Tales groups out there. ^^

Hsien-Ko
10-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I will one day cosplay Has Colette Peters from Tales of Symphonia (that I own) and Mint Adnades from Tales of Phantasia ( that I also own) ^^ Weeee

Grey Finch
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Hopefully one day I'll get to work on a Judgement Kratos cosplay. But my skill level isn't anywhere near that right now, so I'm holding out on that one :D I'd also like to do a Jade cosplay someday too. Here's to future planning!

TwilightFairy
10-17-2006, 05:26 PM
will eventually get off bum and play Legendia...... and finish Phantasia.

AkinaSumora
10-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I can't wait to cosplay Tear from Tales of the Abyss!

Issu
10-18-2006, 02:47 AM
So whats your top five Tales of to do list?
1. Sink from Abyss - [To celebrate Abyss~ And bad guys~ And cause his costume is killer. I'll be playing the game by then anyway.]
2. Klarth from Phantasia - [Cause he's classic and I basicly wanna do his hat and tattoos]
3. Rutee from Destiny I - [I really don't like the tragic heroines in the later Tales sou she's definately a character favourite of mine. <3 She's sou spunky and coniving.]
4. Tear or Guy from Abyss - [Whoever I like while playing first.]
5. ? Maybe Leon from the Destiny 2? [It'd be him or Meredy but
I'd need to swallow my pride for those frills on either... xD We'll see.]

Who knows though! This is all ideal~ I wasn't interested in Legendia, but I'm really looking forward to playing through Abyss. Now that I'm finished Nanaly I'll probably start on Sink after Katsucon ^^

Its great to see people posting here again. Its too bad with Tales there are sou few of us ><

ultimaaa
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
I just started playing Tales of the Abyss and am now inspired to cosplay as Luke (long hair... because that gradient could be fun to do 8D) for Sakuracon... on that note, I really want to pull together a ToA group for that. Ehehe... so far I've had no takers.

AkinaSumora
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm trying to get a group too, but all we have so far are the 3 female players and Dist...

Imari-chan
10-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone in the California area going to Fanime cosplaying as "Tales" characters? I think I only saw a Lloyd, Sheena...and one more I forgot, probably Zelos groupie at Fanime04.

I go to Fanime, but I am not sure if I am bringing any tales costume next fanime. I would have to see. :confused:

Issu
10-22-2006, 06:07 AM
D: I wish I could join your groups, but sadly I am out of the way of most of these happenings...

Issu
11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I started working on Sink's mask recently despite the fact that it's probably the last costume I ought to be worrying about right now and the furthest that needs to be completed~ >.< I need to quit doing that. This is how I end up with more costumes than I can handle

Sorata Z
12-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Symphonia Rulz!!!!!!

This game is and will be the best!!!!!!
xD

FeelLikeRain
12-07-2006, 01:40 PM
FELLOW LLOYD COSPLAYER! *sprints*

*tackles Sorata* Hi! I love your Lloyd costume! It's really cool!

...Yeah! So ... ah ... anyway ... I still need to change that damn avatar. I need to actually go out and get pictures taken. I've seen so many places that'd be nice for that...

Other than that ... my next cosplays will be...

Farah Oersted from Eternia, because she's so sweet.
Senel Coolidge from Legendia, because I'm insane, and will probably be actually painting myself brown and stuff. I doubt Senel will get a lot of cosplay love, so I shall solve this by taking this noble task upon myself.
Jade Curtiss from Abyss, because Jade owns you. He's hilarious.

Scooter
12-22-2006, 05:12 PM

Next year I there will be at least My friend and I will hopefully have Stahn and Leon from ToD at minimum. We are trying to get as many ToD characters as we can get done for Fanime ^^

Nyoko
12-22-2006, 11:25 PM
wow Tales games are becoming populer! Rockin!
Issu: I've actually seen some summons once, Udinie (http://www.usagichan2.com/Katsu2006/images/Katsu2006-259.JPG) and Celicus (http://www.usagichan2.com/Katsu2006/images/Katsu2006-258.JPG). Otherwise, I don't think I've seen anyone else try to do any of the summons. And I'll try to post them asap ^^

I must say that Im shocked by this! lol I made both of those costumes and I never whould have tough I would see someone talk about it at all....
Im Celicus BTW...

Naxul
12-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Gah-- been awhile since I've posted in this thread >_<

I kinda lost the motivation to make Luna from ToS (*gasp*). But when I started to play ToA.... Well, I'm currently working on Tear Grants ^^'''. Already have the gloves, stockings and shoes done. I need to find a good wig.

ultima55~ I'd so join your ToA group! Best wishes for the making of Luke!! :toothy:

Nyoko~ OMG- your Celicus & Udinie are marvelous, why wouldn't anyone talk about it? ^_^

Bur Loire
12-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm doing Judgement Kratos (TOS) for AX 07 and AWA 07
and as soon as I play Abyss, I'm totally cosplaying as Jade. I <3 him already~

I'm also pondering a Raine cosplay~ :D

BetaNyu
01-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Ahhhh, if only someone'd cosplay as Klarth... XD I've been wanting to cosplay as him for quite a while now. However, I'm busy with another cosplay at the moment... maybe another time...

I did a Sheena Fujibayashi cosplay for AFWcon 06, but it wasn't all that great... the ribbon I was using on my bootcovers wasn't sturdy enough, and kept slipping down, so on Sunday we went to a gas station and bought a box full of safey pins. Problem solved. XD That, and the heat/humidity just killed my giant, pink bow. It was all floppy and bleah... I should've used stiffer interfacing. ^^;

In other, random Tales of Phantasia-related news: the DVD of Tales of Phantasia: The Animation has been licensed in the US and is available on Amazon.com!! Yays!!! :D (XD Sorry, I just had to vent my enthusiasm somewhere.)

Issu
01-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Haha! I want to do Klarth too but am in the same boat. Too much to do to spare time on it. Hmm, and maybe Rutee. I think I'm moving Rutee up after I do Sync for AnimeNEXT.

Aa, I do know that Miyu is doing Leon though when she gets back from holiday~ I can't wait to see it :33

Hooray for the wonders of DVD :D

Blade Tiger
01-08-2007, 03:29 AM
For some time, I've been thinking about cosplaying Jade Curtiss (Abyss) or Klarth F. Lester (Phantasia), but I've no idea when/if either would happen. And I probably wouldn't want to bother with Jade's hair or Klarth's tattoos.

Rinkun
01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Haha, it's been settled: at Anime North, me, Amy and Infini shall do Tales of Destiny costumes. Philia, Rutee and Leon respectively. ...Well, we talked about it. I'm doing Philia no matter what. X3

FeelLikeRain
01-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Haha, it's been settled: at Anime North, me, Amy and Infini shall do Tales of Destiny costumes. Philia, Rutee and Leon respectively. ...Well, we talked about it. I'm doing Philia no matter what. X3

That's wicked. ^_^ I've never played Destiny yet, but oh how I want to. ;__;

Anyway -- yay for Anime North Tales cosplay! I'll be cosplaying, at least, Lloyd and Farah there for sure, and at MTAC. I -would- add Senel in there for North if I could manage it, but Senel = difficult + expensive. I wish I could, though. Or maybe I should do an Abyss costume for then... I can't decide...

For some time, I've been thinking about cosplaying Jade Curtiss (Abyss) or Klarth F. Lester (Phantasia), but I've no idea when/if either would happen.

Srsly? If Randi ends up cosplaying Luke for sure at CNAnime or something, and you perhaps ended up doing Jade then, maybe I should be ... Guy or someone, instead? (Yeah, I don't really want to cosplay any of the female characters...) Or Asch to Randi's Luke, but I don't think I could pull off Asch. But then again, if I'm cosplaying Senel, then there probably aren't many Tales cosplays that're crazier for me than that. <_<

You know what? We should organize, for a particular day of Anime North, an ultra-Tales-explosion-gathering in which we ALL break out our various Tales costumes at once. There was?/is? already a Symphonia gathering in the works for North, but all-of-the-Tales-series would be exponentially more awesome. It's a great series, so it's kind of a shame that more people don't know about it.

...*still feels bad about Lloyd being her primary cosplay, and not completely done at that*

Rinkun
01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
That's funny because Amy and I are doing Senel and Jay for Katsu, though I don't know if she'll do him for AN. I'll try to bring Jay for AN, but last year's heat and his costume being made of sweatshirt material puts me off. I did it for Otakon and nearly died for the 2 hours I wore it.

FeelLikeRain
01-10-2007, 05:38 AM
My Lloyd is really hot too, especially since he wears gloves. x_o Farah's costume might be as well since her orange overdress is long-sleeved, but at least my hands will be uncovered. <_<

*will try to make it out of the lightest materials possible ;_;*

Oh yeah! I don't think I said before, Rinkun -- your Jay is really cute. =D

Rinkun
01-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks! I'm just glad it came out as good as it did.

It is hard to get materials that can breathe properly. Well, if all else fails, live underneath an air conditioner in a building and drink water XD

CrimsonNataku
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
My sister and I completed our TOS cosplay of Kratos and Yuan for Anime Boston 2006. We haven't gotten the chance to take a lot of pictures of them, but here's one that I like.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=698457

Right now we're working on a non-Tales cosplay, but after they're finished (which won't be for a while -_-; ) we plan on doing a Luke and Tear cosplay, following by a Sync and Ion ^_^.

sweetvenus
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Currently, my Tales plans are:
Natalia (Abyss), hopefully by this fall
Presea (Symphonia), next spring
Lloyd (Symphonia), for my boyfriend, at least by next spring, maybe by this fall

AkinaSumora
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
My sister and I completed our TOS cosplay of Kratos and Yuan for Anime Boston 2006. We haven't gotten the chance to take a lot of pictures of them, but here's one that I like.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=698457

Right now we're working on a non-Tales cosplay, but after they're finished (which won't be for a while -_-; ) we plan on doing a Luke and Tear cosplay, following by a Sync and Ion ^_^.

You'll be at Anime Boston this year? Me too! Look for a really short Tear Grants that has no chest. (Opposite body types, I know, but Tear's cool! I had to cosplay her! I don't care if I could technically pull off Anise... :bigcry: )

Naxul
01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Does anyone have any sites at all that sales good normal pumps? I need them for Tear and I can't seem to find them anywhere around me. My town's the worse to find items for cosplay =/

Ref: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/KuroOkami67/Tear3.jpg

And if you could possibly find some with a thicker heel it would be wonderful. I can't walk in those pencil heels at all x_x''.

Random Question: Any Tales of Cosplayers going to any con in California? (Fanime, Anime Expo, Ani-Magic, etc...)

ChibiTifa05
01-11-2007, 01:25 AM
@ Naxul: I work in a Payless and we have pumps that look almost exactly like that. It's more bone colored though, but it has kind of a fat heel and is patent leather. Look on payless.com to find them in the women's section.

I really want to cosplay Meredy from Tales of Eternia (Destiny 2 in U.S.) but not the dress that she has for most of the game. She has this really pretty white dress thingie on in the opening that looks gorgeous and I SO want to make that. Also, Chloe from Legendia is still on my cosplay list this year, but I don't know which con to bring her to. ><

Issu
01-11-2007, 02:31 AM
I really want to cosplay Meredy from Tales of Eternia (Destiny 2 in U.S.) but not the dress that she has for most of the game. She has this really pretty white dress thingie on in the opening that looks gorgeous and I SO want to make that. Also, Chloe from Legendia is still on my cosplay list this year, but I don't know which con to bring her to. ><
Zomg! I was working on the pretty white dress for a while! :D
Its hanging in my closet now though unfinished until I get the nerve to wear ruffles *laughs* x33

AkinaSumora
01-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Does anyone have any sites at all that sales good normal pumps? I need them for Tear and I can't seem to find them anywhere around me. My town's the worse to find items for cosplay =/

Ref: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/KuroOkami67/Tear3.jpg

And if you could possibly find some with a thicker heel it would be wonderful. I can't walk in those pencil heels at all x_x''.

Random Question: Any Tales of Cosplayers going to any con in California? (Fanime, Anime Expo, Ani-Magic, etc...)

I had the same problem. Try this page from the Sears webpage. (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0138745642.1168554493@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccieaddjkllelfmcefecemldffidfmg.0&pid=054T0200000&cat=Womens&subcat=Casual&vertical=SHOE&ihtoken=1) Those shoes are perfect. Only problem is they don't come in my size. (I have really small feet.):bigcry:

FeelLikeRain
01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
DECISION GET!

I'm going as Natalia! =D And, like, yeah. I feel all happy about having finally made up my mind. Plus I'm kind of caffeinated *just typo-misspelled the last bit of that word four times before it came out right, which underlines that point, I guess*.

Naxul
01-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Duh- why didn't I check the obvious stores!? >_< Thanks ChibiTifa05 and AkinaSumora, I'll look into them both.

@ FeelLikeRain: Ah! I haven't seen a Natalia before! Post pictures once it's done!! ^^

Anyone going to Fanime or Anime Expo as a Tales of character by the way?? I soooo want to meet up with other Tales of cosplayers!! :bigtu:

Lily-chan!
01-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm gonna cosplay as Dist. <333

(At Acen '07.)

Terranell
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Figures I found this thread only after posting in another one. XD Oh well, I'll post here anyway.

One day, I will definitely have a Colette (ToS) cosplay. Not sure when! But I'll do it. Another one that I've recently decided that I *have* to do is Tear Grants. I agree with the majority when I say she's just awesome.
Someday, I would also love to be Arche. XD I mean, look at her! She's cute, she's funny, and who wouldn't have fun carrying a saddled broom as a prop?

I also want to pass this idea by anyone who might be interested: I thought it would be really cool to make a group of the summoned spirits, something like that could have a lot of liberty taken to it. What do you guys think?

Naxul
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I also want to pass this idea by anyone who might be interested: I thought it would be really cool to make a group of the summoned spirits, something like that could have a lot of liberty taken to it. What do you guys think?

Oooo- That- sounds friggen awesome!! I was working on Luna from ToS awhile ago but I stopped because I lost the drive to make it <_<. I'd gladly start it up again! Might be sometime though- I'm working on quite a few right now. But I love the idea!

Terranell
01-23-2007, 01:58 PM
ToS Luna is gorgeous. *-* I wouldn't mind putting being Undine.. but the question is which version? XD (I figure ToP would be easiest because it's like.. the only one that wouldn't involve me altering my skin color.)

Aleera
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
- Sheena - Symphonia: Lavender version, Expect it to be made sometime next month, I have all her supplies.

- Luna
-Colette sometime in the future.

Eventually I will get to play the other games in the series, so in time I might do those cosplays too.

Lady Subaru
01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm hoping to cosplay as Tear and Noelle from Abyss at San Japan... and maybe Shirley (her Merines outfit) from Legandia at Oni-con or Ikkicon 2

FeelLikeRain
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
'Kay. I -really- need to finish my Farah dress. XD But despite that, I kinda want to take a face cast and sculpt out the prosthetics (scars etc.) for Senel today, 'cause I'm really psyched about that one lately for some reason. <.< But that won't take that long anyway...I guess... I'll work something out.

Alright, so methinks I'm doing Philia, Senel and maybe Cless (or in some other order) for over this summer, and Farah, Lloyd, formal Lloyd, Natalia and Sheena-remake over the next few months. Which is probably overly ambitious, but I can try, right? And it'll also be rather a bit of money, but at least I use my own hair for Lloyd.

...I also adore Keele, but I've already done the two-characters-from-the-same-game-thing... ;_;

...<_<

*runs upstairs to do some more room-cleaning*

Naxul
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
ToS Luna is gorgeous. *-* I wouldn't mind putting being Undine.. but the question is which version? XD (I figure ToP would be easiest because it's like.. the only one that wouldn't involve me altering my skin color.)

Gah- that's hard to choose. I don't know which one- I like them all~

BTW- does anyone know a good way to approach making Tear's collar?? I was pondering that the other day. Would inner facing be the best idea?

Hsien-Ko
02-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I was wondering if someone had good pictures of Luna and Undine from Tales of Symphonia and in Tales of Phantasia. ^^ Thankies! and Any good picture of Mint would be awsome aswell!

Issu
02-06-2007, 04:44 AM
I don't think I'll be able to work on Sync until summertime now-- Too much work around here-- But I will still have him done by the next con following this Katsu~ He's my first priority. I can't wait to start x3 *excited*

After him I think I'll try out Rutee ^^ Although this summons thing sounds kinda cool... Would swordians count as summon spirits? Maybe I could give a try to Chaltier or Atwight.

Rinkun
02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Atwight is aweseome with her long coat and big poofy hat XD I was thinking of doing her, but Philia is priority with me after Katsu. Though the summons are absolutely gorgeous! I love Gnome in Tales of Eternia. So cute!

Naxul
02-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I was wondering if someone had good pictures of Luna and Undine from Tales of Symphonia and in Tales of Phantasia. ^^ Thankies! and Any good picture of Mint would be awsome aswell!

Mint:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3812/8pf3.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8761/1dv1.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2808/2pg2.jpg
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1883/41un.jpg

Luna:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7061/luna1hp1.png
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2809/lunayb4.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5121/summon9pw9.jpg

I couldn't find any of Undine from Phantasia. Sorry 'bout that.

Lady Subaru
02-06-2007, 06:15 PM
If anyone has pictures of Noelle from Tales of the Abyss, please give them to me *puppydog eyes*

Issu
02-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Atwight is aweseome with her long coat and big poofy hat XD I was thinking of doing her, but Philia is priority with me after Katsu. Though the summons are absolutely gorgeous! I love Gnome in Tales of Eternia. So cute!

I admit it. It was the big poofy hat that got me -_- *dramatic sigh*
Oi, and I agree. Gnome is cute. And Sylph too <3

Terranell
02-09-2007, 01:37 AM
I always have so many ideas and almost never get to pull them through... but wouldn't it be great to have a whole ToP group? I don't know how many people would recognize the cosplays.. but it would be so fun.

I'm also curious about the Tear's collar thing. I think about it every time I play the game. O-o

FeelLikeRain
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
There was a great Tales of Phantasia group at Anime North 2006 and at CNAnime 2006 -- Cless, Klarth, Mint and Arche. ^_^

I kinda want a Tales of Legendia posse for when I go to FanExpo/CNAnime... A Fun Bunch to accompany my Senel ... <.< I'd also love to get a Tales of Eternia group together sometime, but I've seen so few cosplayers from it -- and most, it seems, cosplay Farah, or Meredy if not. (There's a fabulous Chat on this site, though!) But I'd bounce off the walls if I saw a Reid or Keele. ;_; I'm tempted to do Keele myself, but I've already started on Farah, and I love Farah too. Plus I don't know that I'd pull off Keele very well...

It'd be fun to do Reid, too, but I don't have the body for it. Seeing as he wears a skimpy purple man-bra. <_<

Eva Yui
02-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd love to try Meredy or Farah sometime. I am a sucker for the long-haired gals. Though Meredy seems to need a wire around the hem to give it that hooped-stand-out look.

Speaking of Tales of the Abyss...How good a game is it? I was wanting to buy it for myself but I hear good and bad and can't decide.

FeelLikeRain
02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
'Tis a good game. ^_^ I got it for Christmas and enjoy it quite muchly. Although ... oddly ... it's the first Tales game I've played where I'm unsure whether I feel like I adore each of the main characters. I do always have favourites, but in Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia and Legendia, I liked all of the characters (yup, even Shirley in Legendia. Why does everybody hate Shirley so much?). In Abyss ... well, maybe...I probably just need to play through it a little more. Either way, Jade equals ultimate love. Natalia's naivety is also hilarious (example: the skit in which Anise is telling Natalia that Van gets his power from his beard, can shoot laser beams from his eyebrows, etc. -- and Natalia believes her).

Naxul
02-13-2007, 10:19 PM
the skit in which Anise is telling Natalia that Van gets his power from his beard, can shoot laser beams from his eyebrows, etc. -- and Natalia believes her.

XDDDD I loved that one. I agree with FeelLikeRain- Tales of the Abyss is really good, I recommend it.

Starting on Tear's dress really soon!! I'm excited XP I have some what of an idea for that collar of hers..... It's like Sasuke's from Naruto .___. lol. And I restarted Luna from TOS a few nights ago cause--- I got realllllllllllly bored. Finishing up her skirt and joyful stuff like that.

Issu
02-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Whoo~ Katsucon's Tales cosplay shoot turned out awesome~ *happiness*
There's some photos under my Katsucon Gallery: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=42943&cat=66384
and some I saw posted by AerialKnight http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=66534&member=45865
(wanted to mention especially since she lacked the Abyss pictures), and a the other attendees~ :D Lotsa fun!

Alaina Yagami
02-21-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm getting a ball jointed doll soon. I plan on having him cosplay as Lion and Guy for either A-kon and/or AnimeFEST this year.

Terranell
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Well my plans got flipped by a chance of fate. XD One of my best friends was watching me play TotA and was cracking up at Anise and her snarky remarks. She saw me in a battle and was shocked to see Tokunaga.... now she wants to be Tokunaga at a con. Guess who that'll make me? =P

AkinaSumora
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I have Tear in-progress! What do you think?

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/74865/

melodiester
02-23-2007, 09:25 AM
---

Naxul
04-24-2007, 01:51 AM
*throws a life bottle on thread*

For those who have played or are some what familiar with Tales of Legendia...

I plan to order a wig for a future Grune cosplay (link below) but I'm not exactly sure about Grune's little up do she's got with the veil. I don't want that long of a wig and yes, I have some experience with styling wigs.

Wig I'm thinking of ordering... :
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_ada_d.html

Reference of Grune's crazy hair:
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/FullMetalxCutie/Tales%20Of%20Legendia/Grune4.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/FullMetalxCutie/Tales%20Of%20Legendia/Grune1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/ShadowBankotsu/Tales%20of%20Legendia/Grune.jpg

FeelLikeRain
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Hmm ... it looks like all you'd really have to do is put the wig in a braid, then wind that around your head and pin it in place, and afterward just style the bangs. But yeah, I don't know how long it would have to be. Just to be sure, you might want to find a wig that's a little bit longer than that one (then if -that- turns out being too long, you can cut it), and maybe one that's light blue the whole way through, rather than light blue/white, if possible.

Either way, yay for Tales of Legendia cosplay! I'm doing Senel in the summertime if I possibly can. (The New Punk wig on Cosworx looks like it will be absolutely perfect...=D)

kalajessta
04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm finally starting on Jade today. I'm not sure how to attempt his collar, but for anyone that is having difficulties with a pattern: use a civil war style pattern and modify it to death. It's the closest thing I can think of that relates to the costume, since it's almost impossible to find anything related to his costume.

Naxul
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Hmm ... it looks like all you'd really have to do is put the wig in a braid, then wind that around your head and pin it in place, and afterward just style the bangs. But yeah, I don't know how long it would have to be. Just to be sure, you might want to find a wig that's a little bit longer than that one (then if -that- turns out being too long, you can cut it), and maybe one that's light blue the whole way through, rather than light blue/white, if possible.

Either way, yay for Tales of Legendia cosplay! I'm doing Senel in the summertime if I possibly can. (The New Punk wig on Cosworx looks like it will be absolutely perfect...=D)

Oh whoa- there is white in it xD. Didn't see that before... I'll have to try to find a better one.. I'll have to try that with my own hair or something then to see how long of a wig I'll need (Yes, long hair gets put to good use!).

YES! More ToL cosplayers! There's so many skin tight costumes in that game it's crazy. That new Punk wig was MADE for Senel xD

FeelLikeRain
04-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Yes, it was. =o When I first saw it whilst looking for a wig for Senel, my reaction was, as I recall, something along the lines of "OHMYGODSIT'SPERFECTIMUSTHAVEIT".

Legendia's character designs in general are insane. And yeah, skin-tight . . . *wince* I'm looking to lose some more weight over the next couple of months, as well as clear up my skin condition soonish, so as to look somewhat decent in that and in Luke (yay, tummy-baring...). Technically I'm not bad at all as it is -- 5'6" and 131 pounds -- but I still wouldn't look good in something tight like that. Not that that's the only reason for said desired weight loss, of course; I'd like to get more in shape regardless of cosplay, but it'd certainly be nice considering I'm hell bent on cosplaying both of them. <_<

Hsien-Ko
04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I am in DIRE need of pictures of Kratos in his white angel outfit and tips on how to make Colettes usual white and blue outfit.

my sweet heart wants to be Kratos in his white angel outfit but I can't seem to ever get good pictures of him. And I need help knowing how to make Colettes outfit,what type of fabric would work best,etc.

Thanks ppl =3 (my boyfriend has become addicted to Tales of the Abyss, or "mr.Bling" has I call it,because of Guy's necklace)

Lialy
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Legendia's character designs in general are insane. And yeah, skin-tight . . . *wince* I'm looking to lose some more weight over the next couple of months, as well as clear up my skin condition soonish, so as to look somewhat decent in that and in Luke (yay, tummy-baring...). Technically I'm not bad at all as it is -- 5'6" and 131 pounds -- but I still wouldn't look good in something tight like that. Not that that's the only reason for said desired weight loss, of course; I'd like to get more in shape regardless of cosplay, but it'd certainly be nice considering I'm hell bent on cosplaying both of them. <_<

Oh yes. I'm trying to get myself in the best shape possible for AX07 as Senel. Right now cosplay is a great incentive to diet and exercise, but I'd LIKE to think that by the time the con has come and gone, I'll have stuck to my regimen so regularly that it'll just become a habit. XD XD

(and punk wig all the way! my friend immediately recommended it to me even though she's never played ToL XD)

Envel
04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
I've come into the possession of a random set of pink extensions, so a Chelsea might be in my future. o_o

Yay for pink hair.

Naxul
04-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Oh yes. I'm trying to get myself in the best shape possible for AX07 as Senel. Right now cosplay is a great incentive to diet and exercise, but I'd LIKE to think that by the time the con has come and gone, I'll have stuck to my regimen so regularly that it'll just become a habit. XD XD

(and punk wig all the way! my friend immediately recommended it to me even though she's never played ToL XD)

Cosplay is a great motivation to get into shape. Especially when it comes to some Tales of characters xD. I'm glad to see there's going to be some more ToL cosplayers. I've only seen one Jay so far.... And that's it .__.

You going to the AX Tales of Fandom gathering as Senel? I'd go as Grune but, it wont be done by then and I'm going to be Tear. (my friend's going to be Dist xD)

Hsien-Ko
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
no one can get me a good shot of Kratos in his white angel suit?

Naxul
04-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, I have some of Kratos... not the best though..

http://mizuho.zapchu.com/img/kratos8.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/img/kratos9.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/img/kratos10.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/img/kratos11.jpg

Not the greatest pictures out there, I'll keep looking.

ChibiTifa05
04-27-2007, 12:50 AM
My friends and I are doing Tales of Eternia cosplay for Katsucon 2008 with me as Meredy (outfit that doesn't make sense aka her default outfit), my friend as Farah and my other friend as Chat. It would be awesome if we had a Keele and Reid with us, but I know no guys in their right mind would wear a midriff. XDDD

Nyoko
04-27-2007, 01:23 AM
My friends and I are doing Tales of Eternia cosplay for Katsucon 2008 with me as Meredy (outfit that doesn't make sense aka her default outfit), my friend as Farah and my other friend as Chat. It would be awesome if we had a Keele and Reid with us, but I know no guys in their right mind would wear a midriff. XDDD

lol so you try to talk me into it :p lol

As for a krotos picture, I think I have one of the judgment outfit floting around for the commission Im working on. I'll look around for you Hsien-Ko

ycysusan2001
04-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Im planning to cos Ion from Tales of the Abyss. I never play the game before. Does anyone have pictures for Ion's back?

kalajessta
04-27-2007, 02:40 AM
I've finally began to sew Jade up, but I have several issues that are concerning me about the costume. I would like some opinions from fellow cosplayers out there.

1. Is Jade's outfit teal or blue?
2. I am using a military (civil war) style outfit and the back is sewn into three, where you can see the lines. Is it going to matter much if I continued to use the back of this pattern or should I attempt to modify another pattern back?
3. What should I do for his boots and bootcovers? I'm not sure what I should use to hold up the bootcovers and I'm not sure how to go about making his boots.
4. Has anyone in here made Jade before and can offer help or advice?

tsumikuroi
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
I've finally began to sew Jade up, but I have several issues that are concerning me about the costume. I would like some opinions from fellow cosplayers out there.

1. Is Jade's outfit teal or blue?
2. I am using a military (civil war) style outfit and the back is sewn into three, where you can see the lines. Is it going to matter much if I continued to use the back of this pattern or should I attempt to modify another pattern back?
3. What should I do for his boots and bootcovers? I'm not sure what I should use to hold up the bootcovers and I'm not sure how to go about making his boots.
4. Has anyone in here made Jade before and can offer help or advice?

1. I believe that in the game artwork, his uniform leans to teal, while in the game, it leans to blue (also depending on the screenshot).

2. It appears the seams are more of a detail than a construction device, almost like the extra seam in Organization XIII coats. Since his are on the back, I think modifying is at your discretion.

That's my 0.02.

This site may be interesting to you, especially as they make commissioned Jade costumes. They appear to use blue instead of teal. http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/14827

FeelLikeRain
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
I would call the colour of Jade's uniform -teal-, for sure; that's certainly the way it looks in the vast majority of the official art, etc. of him. Blue just wouldn't look as good to me.

ChibiTifa -- I'm going to be Farah at Anime North this year (really need to be working on her outfit right now, though) and shall be doing Keele sometime in future as well. ^_^ I might even say 'oh hell, whatever, I'm crazy' and do Reid in addition to that -- not sure when, though -- given that I eventually work up the courage to wear something that skimpy. He has a man-bra. o_O But I'll already have worn something that shows my stomach (Luke) and something skin-tight (Senel) by then, so... <_< ('Sides, Reid is roxxor. Apathetic, lazy, bottomless-stomach'ed RPG heroes for the win!)

kalajessta
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
1. I believe that in the game artwork, his uniform leans to teal, while in the game, it leans to blue (also depending on the screenshot).

2. It appears the seams are more of a detail than a construction device, almost like the extra seam in Organization XIII coats. Since his are on the back, I think modifying is at your discretion.

That's my 0.02.

This site may be interesting to you, especially as they make commissioned Jade costumes. They appear to use blue instead of teal. http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/14827

The costumes seem rather... amature to me though. But I've seen alot of cosplayers and people agree that its blue. But I think it's personally teal. Teal just overall matches the art more then the game.

Thanks though.

tsumikuroi
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
The costumes seem rather... amature to me though. But I've seen alot of cosplayers and people agree that its blue. But I think it's personally teal. Teal just overall matches the art more then the game.

Thanks though.

No problem. Teal also seems to flatter Jade a bit more than just blue.

kalajessta
04-27-2007, 06:04 PM
No problem. Teal also seems to flatter Jade a bit more than just blue.

I agree completely with that one. Jade doesn't suit just blue.

Mildmay the Fox
04-28-2007, 01:50 PM
A friend and I are doing Tales of the Abyss at ACen. It's our first time cosplaying so I figured I should register here to say hello and incase we need any help later :> I'm going to play Guy and she's going as Jade.

Rika-Chan
04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
A friend and I are doing Tales of the Abyss at ACen. It's our first time cosplaying so I figured I should register here to say hello and incase we need any help later :> I'm going to play Guy and she's going as Jade.

Omg.. OTP~ I'm gonna find you guys and love on you forever D: So if you see a fangirling Asch, that might be me >D;

kalajessta
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
I've been doing Jade for a while for ACen wise and had planned to do Jade since before I knew his voice actor is going to be there, magically x.x;;; Yet, it seems like I've been overlooked.

tsumikuroi
04-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Oi, kalajessta, I found fabric that works for Peony's puffy-pants-o'-doom. It's called "gold," but it's more of a brownish-yellow shade. I'll probably use the tangerine twill I got as a support for the new fabric.

kalajessta
04-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Oi, kalajessta, I found fabric that works for Peony's puffy-pants-o'-doom. It's called "gold," but it's more of a brownish-yellow shade. I'll probably use the tangerine twill I got as a support for the new fabric.

That's awesome~! I can't wait to see it. Is it a "golden-rod"? I discovered that color works very well for Guy's vest.

tsumikuroi
04-29-2007, 12:23 AM
That's awesome~! I can't wait to see it. Is it a "golden-rod"? I discovered that color works very well for Guy's vest.

I'll upload a picture of it. It looks rather like goldenrod, actually. I'd be happier if it was a LITTLE browner, but it's a more reasonable substitute. Fortunately, it's a fairly neutral color, so it'll suit the colors of the cloth I bought for the rest of Peony. I'm a color matching freak. ^^;;

kalajessta
04-29-2007, 12:42 AM
I'll upload a picture of it. It looks rather like goldenrod, actually. I'd be happier if it was a LITTLE browner, but it's a more reasonable substitute. Fortunately, it's a fairly neutral color, so it'll suit the colors of the cloth I bought for the rest of Peony. I'm a color matching freak. ^^;;

I am too. I always have to take pictures into Joanns when I'm fabric shopping. If I can't find a fabric or material that matches something to the costume at all, I freak out when I can't find it.

tsumikuroi
04-29-2007, 01:28 AM
I am too. I always have to take pictures into Joanns when I'm fabric shopping. If I can't find a fabric or material that matches something to the costume at all, I freak out when I can't find it.

I was actually mildly freaking out when I realized, "Oh crap! I don't think they make cloth in that strange shade of yellow-orange-gold-brown!" But then again, I also live near a fabric warehouse that stocks quite a selection, and even then, they're not always that great (they're wonderful for jersey fabrics though!).

kalajessta
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I was actually mildly freaking out when I realized, "Oh crap! I don't think they make cloth in that strange shade of yellow-orange-gold-brown!" But then again, I also live near a fabric warehouse that stocks quite a selection, and even then, they're not always that great (they're wonderful for jersey fabrics though!).

I don't have many choices for fabric stores, or at least I haven't discovered them in my area yet. I should research since I moved into the area a few months ago. We use to have a Hancocks down here, which was nice, but it closed up.

Mildmay the Fox
04-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Rika-Chan, thanks! We'll look for you and kalajessta at the con :D

Hm, has anyone figured out a good way to do the boot covers yet? Should we just make some type of loose stocking and put it on top... but that seems kind of flimsy :<

kalajessta
04-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Rika-Chan, thanks! We'll look for you and kalajessta at the con :D

Hm, has anyone figured out a good way to do the boot covers yet? Should we just make some type of loose stocking and put it on top... but that seems kind of flimsy :<

I'm having that issue as well. I've attempted a pattern for Guy, which I may use the same pattern for Jade, but trying to get it to stay up is the trick. I may put elastic in Jade's brown part of his boots to help, but it's rather difficult.

Lialy
05-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Cosplay is a great motivation to get into shape. Especially when it comes to some Tales of characters xD. I'm glad to see there's going to be some more ToL cosplayers. I've only seen one Jay so far.... And that's it .__.

You going to the AX Tales of Fandom gathering as Senel? I'd go as Grune but, it wont be done by then and I'm going to be Tear. (my friend's going to be Dist xD)

Oh~! I saw a Chloe and Will at least year's AX http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/47ness/AX06_chloe.jpg (Sadly, I never got their contact info, but I'm hoping I can track them down and *cough* beg them to join up).

Please tell me when you get G-girl ready (and/or keep me updated). I may be able to join you for your debut. ;D

Naxul
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Gah, it might be awhile before I have Grune done sadly... It's hard to find a good wig for her ;__;
and those two ToL cosplayers look really good!!!!! It's hard to see Will though xP

Any one have any suggestions for a good Grune wig??

FeelLikeRain
05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Yayayay! They -do- look good. ^_^ As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure I've seen those two in another picture before.

Okay, I'm really falling behind in terms of my cosplay-schedule. I should make Natalia's dress-mock-up (in ... red, pink and blue-grey scrap fabric...<_<) tomorrow in order to feel less useless. .___.; I'm just taking a break right nao 'cause I feels tired, and feeling tired while cosplay-making = stupid mistakes.

EDIT: While I'm at it ... if anyone has any clue, what the hell colour is Senel's ... uh .... skirt ... (the thing he wears over his shorts) supposed to be? 'Cause apparently it's meant to be some sort of dark blue-grey, but I just bought some black twill and kinda think it might look better that way. Still, I'm really accuracy-nazi-ish to myself about colour, so... <_>;

Lialy
05-02-2007, 12:16 AM
If you must know, my cousin and I each brought a digital camera and that was the very last photo we could take right before we had to leave. (adding to that, I hadn't even PLAYED ToL yet, so I was somewhat unsure what I was snapping photos of; it was sorta as a favor to a friend in another state.) ^^;

EDIT: While I'm at it ... if anyone has any clue, what the hell colour is Senel's ... uh .... skirt ... (the thing he wears over his shorts) supposed to be? 'Cause apparently it's meant to be some sort of dark blue-grey, but I just bought some black twill and kinda think it might look better that way. Still, I'm really accuracy-nazi-ish to myself about colour, so... <_>;

I've seen people use vinyl/leather for the skirt and make it work; it also looks like they started with white fabric, masked off the grid patterns, and painted the rest black (there's spraypaints that specialize in plastic surfaces). Your twill might work too, but in answer to your question, I think 80-90% Cool Gray is how I'd describe the color of the skirt.

kalajessta
05-02-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm having difficulty trying to decide who I should premire at Otakon this year for my ToA cosplay choice. For ToA fans, what characters have you've not seen yet or would like to see cosplayed more?

Flowery
05-02-2007, 01:24 PM

FeelLikeRain
05-02-2007, 02:29 PM
I'd love to see an Ion too. ^_^ I'd make him myself sometime, maybe, if my future cosplay schedule wasn't already filled with other characters...

I've seen people use vinyl/leather for the skirt and make it work; it also looks like they started with white fabric, masked off the grid patterns, and painted the rest black (there's spraypaints that specialize in plastic surfaces). Your twill might work too, but in answer to your question, I think 80-90% Cool Gray is how I'd describe the color of the skirt.

Whoa, so you've seen other Senel cosplayers?

And ... yeah, I was thinking the same; it does look like a dark blue-grey. <_<; I guess I'll just use the twill for his gloves and save the rest to put to other uses. It was just that the contrast of the black with the white patterns would look really cool, but accuracy wins.

I wanted to use leather for it, but ... hmm ... that'll be sweet-holy-hell-expensive and the whole thing is already going to be yeowchful. Oh well, we suffer for our art...

kalajessta
05-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, I didn't think that Ion was that wanted for cosplay. Hums, I will have to see on time and money when Otakon gets closer to what I can afford. I'm thinking Ion may be less work too and he shouldn't get too hot either, as where Asch where all black just about.

Hsien-Ko
05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I was wondering if anybody cosplayed Colette from Tales of Symphonia. I'd like to cosplay her but I'd need tips on how to do her outfit and if there are any patterns out there that I could use and modify!

Thank you for the kratos pictures!

Issu
05-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Many have cosplayed Collette~ The question is if anyone who has is still floating around here... *looks around*

sweetvenus
05-02-2007, 10:37 PM
There was a pattern and instructions (though in Japanese) for Colette in the March-June 2004 issue (Vol. 3) of the Japanese cosplay magazine Dengeki Layers if you can find it for sale anywhere online.