PDA

View Full Version : Large Convention

folkeye
07-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm curious as the size of Sakuracon... for those that have been. I'm trying to figure out if its worth a long trek to get to. Is it pretty lively?

Duo2x4
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
they moved to the convention center in downtown seattle, and the number of attendees was a little over 8,000 people

Sasutard
07-25-2006, 06:28 PM
It's pretty big, the biggest in the North West. The Californian's ruin our claimage on the biggest in the West, but eeeeh, the state is so much bigger it's not a surprise x3

folkeye
07-25-2006, 06:44 PM
LOL, yeah Anime Expo here in CA is pretty big and thats the local one to me. But I'm figuring it out with my friend hopefully this week. I think I do want to go. If I do go, I'm bringing AC Kadaj, and my friend as Yazoo. But looking at the website is promising so far.

Trumby
07-25-2006, 08:22 PM
This year was my first Sakura-con and I absolutely had a blast. Their prereg numbers this year outdid the total attendance of last year (4000-something) so they experienced HUGE growth this year. Hopefully we'll see most of those people again :)

The~Wind
07-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I've been attending Sakura-Con since 2002. I've watched it grow, and my means, this is a far larger convention that I have been used to. But, I also like the size of it, becuase there are many more cosplayers that me and my camera can hunt down. ^_^

Because it's in Seattle, and not Seatac, alot more people have attended, and will continue to attend, because it's in a large city that most people have heard of.

You should really think about coming, it's a lovely convention.

folkeye
07-31-2006, 05:37 PM
So far its looking like we're making the trek...we have room reservations at least from Thursday-Saturday night. So gotta worry about the plane tickets next. Next issue with travel is how to bring my sword with me (definately not going to be able to have it as a carry on). I know its wood....but I don't want it rolling around with the rest of the luggage. Plus can't package the costumes either. Boy oh boy...travel...fun...whee....

Sasutard
08-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Well, you definably will have one fan [aka me U_U;] asking for photos. Yay Kadaj <333 -cough-

folkeye
08-01-2006, 10:52 AM
My Yazoo will be with me, and I think there's a chance of having a Loz...which would be great since there are so few :D But heck yeah, pictures are fun.

Sasutard
08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm actually going as Tifa, and a friend of mine is going as Cloud if all goes well. So hopefully we'll catch eachother in costume :3 -nod- I'd looove to get pictures with the [possible] three of you >w<

folkeye
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, you'll at least get two of us :D for sure. We're making our plane reservations soon so thats good. Hey...think its too early to start a gathering thread?

Panda-chan
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
You'll have a great time at Sakura-con. I've made some great friends at SC and found cosplayers there to be really friendly and great to hang out with. :toothy:

Sasutard
08-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, you'll at least get two of us :D for sure. We're making our plane reservations soon so thats good. Hey...think its too early to start a gathering thread?

I don't think so, the other boards have already started them when the cons are only a few weeks diffrence compared to SakuraCon. xD

ssmitty
08-02-2006, 06:25 PM
My Yazoo will be with me, and I think there's a chance of having a Loz...which would be great since there are so few :D But heck yeah, pictures are fun.

LoL, That's so funny you mention that! SAK is our local convention, so you're just about guaranteed a Loz, if you want to borrow my honey, again. XD

folkeye
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
LoL, That's so funny you mention that! SAK is our local convention, so you're just about guaranteed a Loz, if you want to borrow my honey, again. XD

OMG, we're going to feel like we're stalking him! :toothy: :reverse: LOL, think he'd be willing to put up with us again? Guess it'd be a lot cooler up there and considering our potential Loz is well...err....guess no fun right now. He might do it, but might not be entierly interested... uncediced and all that good stuff.

But we'd LOVE to have your Loz again!! So if he's willing, and going to be Loz, do ask him for us. We'd love a good photoshoot with him so we can have all the SHM together. This time Yazoo should have her own gun... (I just posted another picture of the three of us. Funny stuff...)

Hitokiri Kenshin
08-02-2006, 10:32 PM
If I go next year, maybe I should go as Barret again with the Loz talk.

ssmitty
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
OMG, we're going to feel like we're stalking him! :toothy: :reverse: LOL, think he'd be willing to put up with us again? Guess it'd be a lot cooler up there and considering our potential Loz is well...err....guess no fun right now. He might do it, but might not be entierly interested... uncediced and all that good stuff.

But we'd LOVE to have your Loz again!! So if he's willing, and going to be Loz, do ask him for us. We'd love a good photoshoot with him so we can have all the SHM together. This time Yazoo should have her own gun... (I just posted another picture of the three of us. Funny stuff...)

Hehe, he said he'd be more than happy to hook up for pics, again. He had a lot of fun at AX. :D
That pic is so funny! LoL!

folkeye
08-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Hehe, he said he'd be more than happy to hook up for pics, again. He had a lot of fun at AX. :D
That pic is so funny! LoL!
Tell him thanks a bunch! And we'll have to plan a meet. I assume they'll do group gatherings and we can figure out something from there, or just PM me and we can do it whenever. I think we'll be there all three days.

ssmitty
08-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Tell him thanks a bunch! And we'll have to plan a meet. I assume they'll do group gatherings and we can figure out something from there, or just PM me and we can do it whenever. I think we'll be there all three days.

No, problem! Our pleasure! :D. Gatherings and such pretty much the same as AX. You can check out the SAK forums for updates. (the forums are pretty active between cons....>>)

folkeye
08-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Will definately do!