PDA

View Full Version : t.A.T.u

RoseDuelist
03-09-2003, 03:29 PM
I just saw them on MadTV last night and I LOVE their voices! Anybody else hear of them? They are so cool and I can't believe I've gone so long without knowing of their existance. Seriously, they rock!

.. and I don't just like them because of their little "gimick" either. I really think they sound cool. Does anybody know if they are a real couple?

KaineMaxwell
03-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Friend saw them live last weekend *grumbles* I think they are..TATU means something in Russian also but I forget what.

Been listening to them since last October.

RoseDuelist
03-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I don't know what it means, but MadTV put little dots between eat letter like that.

*gasp* He saw them live! Jealous now... lol

KaineMaxwell
03-09-2003, 04:28 PM
I was supposed to see them live also. :(

RoseDuelist
03-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Aww.. I'm sorry. Did you see them on TV last night? They sang "All the things she said". Pretty cool.. *pats your back* That sucks that you didn't get to see them. I wonder if they have a web site. I'm sure they would have info on if they'll be back.

*goes to a search engine* ^_^

Ukayoru no Chou
03-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Lol, yea I've been listening to them for a while now. I like da music lots, its got that techno-ish feel to it. It helps that I seem to have thing for people who can sing unbelivably higher than I can ever wish *lol*.

peaseblossom
03-09-2003, 06:32 PM
I love Taty (Tatu, T.a.T.u.)! Been listening to them since about October or November. I personally think the Russian versions of their songs are way better than the English ones though.

RoseDuelist
03-09-2003, 06:37 PM
I've only heard one of their songs and it was what they sang last night. :P But I wanna hear more.. ^_^

Caryn
03-09-2003, 07:09 PM
I really love Tatu ^_^ Their songs are great, and I'm just about positive they really are a couple. I agree, their songs are way better in Russian. Been listening to them since about December.

Koumori
03-09-2003, 07:13 PM
They were assembled by a Russian record producer with an idea for a gimmick, just like boy bands are here. I can't find a link to it at the moment, but there was an article in the New York Times about them last week covering them from a business point of view.

RoseDuelist
03-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Really? Cool.. I had no idea they exsisted, now I don't know how I lived without their music.. lol...

StacyMichelle
03-09-2003, 08:41 PM
They are better in Russian. I really liked them at first. I love the Russian and English versions of Stars and Malchik Gay :) But then I kinda got turned off by the fact that they don't write the lyrics or music to thier songs, that they are so image oriented, and the rumors that they aren't even a couple.

The music still is really catchy, though, and it's great that fellow girl lovers are making thier presence known! Still, I've always loved bands that write thier own work.

Caryn
03-09-2003, 08:44 PM
:( I didn't know that they don't write their own songs or music...that really makes me wonder if they ARE a couple or not, because of the lyrics about being so in love with the other girl and being ridiculed and whatnot. Well if they are really lesbians than I respect them for getting so popular and making themselves known! ^_^

Sakura
03-09-2003, 10:17 PM
They're pretty cool, I really like their music and both of them are so pretty *_* Although they have singing talent it kinda sucks that they don't write their own music.

daria_jack
03-10-2003, 09:40 AM
I don't think they are a couple. First they said so, but lately they said they both had boyfriends!

StacyMichelle
03-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Bands and groups nowadays aren't anything like they used to be -_-

RoseDuelist
03-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah, they avoided kissing on MadTV but they got really close.. either way their voices are really nice and the songs are really catchy.. eh, like I said it's not the image I like, it's the music. It's all about the music. ^_^ ... but the image ain't that bad.. lol

And yes Sakura, they is sooo pwetty.. lol