PDA

View Full Version : Holy Week?

AnimeParty
03-09-2003, 02:53 PM
The AnimeNEXT landed on the holy-est sabbath of the Jewish calendar...Do any of you have this same dilema as I do...or is it that I'm the only Jew here....?
(if this doesn't fit here...feel free to move it to the Babble Board or such)

Oshi
03-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Um... what's the dillemma?
Doesn't a sabbath mean a period of relaxation? What better way to kick back than at a con? =D

AnimeParty
03-10-2003, 02:44 PM
It's holy sabbath services...my dad's a holy man and I've never missed the sabbath services between rosh hashanna and yom kippur before...and I wanna go to the AnimeNEXT for my 16th birthday...Waii!!! This is so annoying @_@...more ways to make me miss da AnimeNEXT....man...

KuroBara
03-10-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm having a similar problem, Anime Boston falls on Easter weekend.

It's not that I go to a religious ceremony, but I'll get a huge guilt trip from my extended family if I'm not there for our HUGE Easter meal.

If it's financially feasible, I was going to try to go just on Saturday, then find a way to get to NYC for Easter sunday. Maybe you could just go on one day to Anime Next?

AnimeParty
03-10-2003, 02:55 PM
I want to go two days...Friday and Saturday..but the Sabbath is on Saturday morning and Kol Nidre (another service) is all day Sunday for me (we're on the border of othadox)...:*(
BLAH!!!!
I'm gonna make it...no matter what...I can live missing it one year...or can I?

SailorMo
03-10-2003, 03:47 PM
errr.... sorry about that... Turns out it was the only weekend we could get in the autumn.. And I know of one staff member who has to leave early sunday... We're already looking at dates for 2004 so we can avoid any religious conflicts, but like Anime Boston, sometimes it just can't be helped.

~Mo
Cosplay Co-Coordinator,
Treasurer,
AnimeNEXT

AnimeParty
03-10-2003, 08:59 PM
^_^ Thanks for the reinsurence (um...spelling??? @_@) ...
I'm gonna beg me father to lets me go. ^_^

I'll be good girl...and get good grades...and go to services every Saturday like I should be. ^^

I can't wait till I'm old enough to volunteer for AnimeNEXT or Shoujo con...but me parent no let me till me older...BLAHness...

^_^ See everyone there ... I hope ...

Emeralda
03-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SailorMo
errr.... sorry about that... Turns out it was the only weekend we could get in the autumn.. And I know of one staff member who has to leave early sunday... We're already looking at dates for 2004 so we can avoid any religious conflicts, but like Anime Boston, sometimes it just can't be helped.

~Mo
Cosplay Co-Coordinator,
Treasurer,
AnimeNEXT

It's more than one staffer Mo, its like three or four! Just one was at the last meeting.. hehe.

AnimeParty
03-10-2003, 09:14 PM
AH...I don't feel alone now...that's better. Me and my friend thought wessa the only Jews around...:::sigh:::...But I bet I'm the only Asian Religious Jew around!!! And proud of it!!!

MargauxZ
03-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Im a Jew.

I don't actively practice religion, but deep down inside, I think that i'd feel a teeny bit bad going.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going...I'd like to see the program schedule first, which of course, won't be out for months. Maybe I won't feel *that* bad by going....lol.

xKaori
03-11-2003, 01:27 PM
LOL I dunno what religion I am... ROFL 1/3 Christian, catholic, and buddhist??? LMAO Man that sucks. It's just one time you guys gonna miss a service. It won't kill you. There aren't a lot of cons in NY anyways. (Besides BAAF which is gonna be here for the next 2 years I think o.o;)

Ranma Saotome
03-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Anime Party, a few NYO members like MargauxZ are Jewish and may have simular views and stuff. If you want, you can post on our ML and ask our other jewish members on what they would do. I hope that helps! ^^

AnimeParty
03-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Sure. Thanks Ranma (again!!!) I don't feel alone. >_<

animeandska
03-13-2003, 04:38 PM
*raises hand* I'm a bad jew- thats all I can say- but we all know that now don't we!