PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden 3

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 08:34 AM
> Suikoden....o.O....you guys have done Suikoden?? ^.^

You can look in the gallery I have put up in cosplay.com to see two photos of our group (I'm Seed). There are a lot more on my site http://www.angelsanctuary.com under cosplay > Seed

I'm actually thinking of repairing and finishing up all the details on Seed before Nekocon.

> Ok, I want to do and I've been dragging Rosi along, kicking and screaming *laughs*

More or less. I wanted to be Suikogaiden Nash but I refuse to cosplay Suiko3 40 year old Nash. So I thought of defecting to Yuber, who, after all, has the same hair I do. I just don't like his outfit. And I have to make two swords... ;_____;

> He's not wearing all of that armor, but he's still just as evil! Rosi's planning Mr. Blondie >D

Hehehehehe.
I'm just doing it to avoid wearing a wig and you know it! LOL

Sami
08-07-2002, 10:55 AM
AAA SUIKODEN!! <3 <3 <3 *in love with that crazy game* I have a Seed costume in the works; who knows when it'll actually be done.. @_@ I'd love to cosplay Millie some time. ^_^ She's too cute!

I actually saw a S3 Lilly at Otakon! Stupid me was fumbling for my camera, and by the time, I grabbed it, she was gone.. ;_;

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 11:04 AM
> I have a Seed costume in the works

I am really surprised by how popular Seed has become for cosplay... before I wore him I never saw anyone do him, and now people are coming out of the woodwork... ^___^

It makes me wonder if I really want to take the time to finish his gauntlets (the only thing that was missing from my costume *sniffle*) and wear him again or just give up and find another character...

Yggdrasil Pie
08-07-2002, 11:05 AM
...I must do a Suikoden costume...must must.... o_O
...so much characters to choose from... ^^;;;

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 11:40 AM
I wanna do a Suikoden Character so bad... ::frownies and can't think of anybody he'd be good at doing::

Kenshin Ken
08-07-2002, 12:56 PM
aye well it'd be great to see if we could get every suikoden character from the series done and gathered. As I quote from Celine " suikoden is SO unloved!" ^^;;; I think the games marvelous and by now.. it should'eve been somewhat recognized out there...but it still isn't! ^^;; the people I talked to that either ask me where my costume is from or who I was supposed to be... pretty much reply " um.. hmm, well if I never heard of it then I probably haven't" or " aah.. I heard of the game awhile back... never got to play it"... OR " eh.. .I'm more of a Final Fantasey fan"..<< ( okay that last one was a bad joke..excuse me on that one ^^;; ) but yeah.. we gotta gather as many suikdoen cosplayers as possible... I did clive for Fanime, The cheerry blossom festival, and AX... I got no more than 30 people to recognize me in TOTAL ^^;;;;

Mynext costume might have to be Viktor or Hix... these wigs are starting to cook me up ^^;;

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 01:49 PM
I wish I could figure out a decent and appreciated character from Suikoden to be lol, I'll have to go through a huge chunk of characters and stuff and figure out whom to be.

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 01:57 PM
I don't think Suikoden is that obscure. A lot of people recognized me as Seed and Kinnison had /fangirls/. O_O

But yes it's not FF which is good because otherwise I would not cosplay from it. Seriously, I am FED UP of Lulus and Yunas everywhere, it's not even impressive anymore. Kind of like, say, Trigun. LOL

But back to Suiko3 I want to play it before I cosplay from it.. and I am tempted to actually go a Chris cosplay. Except... I don't know if I will love her personality enough to make that armor. >__<

So, yeah, I might stick with Yuber. I'm just disappointed at his low-key look in the 3rd installment. His outfit is... boring... so his swords better be impressive!

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Well I gess I will move this over here...
I would like to do Eilie for a nekocon some year but her shoes are SO HARD TO DO....Oh and Rosiel, I love your seed costume!! SO COOL!!

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 02:12 PM
> Oh and Rosiel, I love your seed costume!! SO COOL!!

Thank you. ^___^

The gauntlets did not get finished in time though. ;___; And the Highland Banner was missing the black crest on it. So I am a little peeved at that costume I have to admit. LOL

Yggdrasil Pie
08-07-2002, 02:23 PM
..hmm...I was thinking, I kinda look like Viki...should I do Viki? Although..in Suikoden 3, I heard she's a little girl... ^^;;;

But, yea... I wanna play it too before I decide who I should cosplay . ^^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Yuber's cool! He's always been evil awesome, I wanna see a Yuber & Pesmerga at the con! That'd be great. I was contemplating dressing as Nash from Suikogaiden.... but I don't look like him much.... maybe I can get some people to dress up as the 4 Knights... Grenseal, Miklotov, and the other two... who's names are a lot easier to remember I'm sure ^_^

HEY! HEY! Seed, are you the Seed from Katsucon? The Seed whose picture I got up in my photos here at cosplay.com? If so, you were great! I loved you! Let me act out Seed X Culgan scenes with you ^_^ j/k j/k ::hides from pepper spray, mallets, & fryingpans::

Oh! Don't make fun of the excessive Trigun cosplayers... there were only like... what 60 or 70 at Otakon 2001? lol.... But the point is, I was one of the best ::preens:: So said my fangirls.... who prolly said that to every other Wolfwood... but that's not the point! I also agree about the Lulu's.... especially the Male Lulu's.... it just scares me to no end.... it should've stopped awhile ago.... Lulu's were impressive the first 2 or 3 I saw at Otakon 2001 & Katsucon 2002, but.... after that it was a costume beaten to death and put together and the belts.... well.... the belts were horrible on half the Lulu's I saw! Like they were put together over night!

Celine
08-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Once Suikoden 3 comes out, I'm sure we'll all have great ideas for cosplay... there is one particular character design I'm TOTALLY in love with. But I'm not gonna jump the gun- playing the game will be the deciding factor.

hehe, back to working on YET ANOTHER Suikoden 2 costume... whee!

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 04:11 PM
> I wanna see a Yuber & Pesmerga at the con!

I heard there is no Pesmerga in Suiko3. I am heartbroken!
Yuber without Pesmerga is... unthinkable!

> That'd be great. I was contemplating dressing as Nash from Suikogaiden....

LOL! Me too! His outfit is so wonderful and complex and I could even use my own hair! (Well the front looks the same and I would have to tuck the back in my shirt to make it look short LOL)

I think I could look a lot like Nash once I am in costume. ^__^
But I like to cosplay villains, that's what stopped me.

> Grenseal, Miklotov, and the other two... who's names are a lot easier to remember I'm sure ^_^

Camus and Alen! Of course they are easier! LOL

There were GREAT Camus & Miklotov cosplayers at Anime North I think...

> HEY! HEY! Seed, are you the Seed from Katsucon? The Seed whose picture I got up in my photos here at cosplay.com?

Er... yes I was. >__>
And I can't believe my picture turned out so bad, I ALWAYS close my eyes on pics! *weep*

> If so, you were great!

Thank you! =)

But like I mentioned it wasn't complete... so I need to finish the details, and repaint my armor, it chipped like there was no tomorrow. And this time around I will pad it, goodness did it chafe...

> I loved you! Let me act out Seed X Culgan scenes with you

LOL Only if you cosplay as Culgan and look the part. LOL

*slowly inches towards the frying pan just in case*

> especially the Male Lulu's....

*shudder* Oh yes.
Or the schoolgirls with beards.

If you can't pull off the opposite sex, don't do it. >__<

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 04:13 PM
> But I'm not gonna jump the gun- playing the game will be the deciding factor.

Which is why I was not sure about Chris. But I always thought Yuber kicked ass (and wanted to cosplay him for a while), so unless he suddenly turned into a Jehova's witness or something... I'm in!

And, in Suiko3, he has no armor to make! Yay!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Yuber's armor is what made him cool.... Yeah I was going to say the one's name was Alen, but I was like... nope that's just me thinking of random names from Star Ocean 2 now.

I could try and cosplay Culgan if I really wanted/had to, But i'd much rather be Seed then Culgan, but I doubt i'd look the part... damn my huge guy looking nose, I can't play any normal looking feminine bishies 'cuz of it! lol, all I can do is Wolfwood >_<

As for no Pesmerga... that deserves DEATH! DEATH! DEATH! DEATH! AND MORE DEATH! It's been awhile since I played Suikoden II... but Neclord IS dead.... right? I'm hoping stuff with Viktor can be explained a weee bit more.... they keep like leaving stuff out constantly, it's so annoying! Damn backstories!

OH! I thought of a Suikoden character I could try and be! The Rose General! AKA Peacock Guy, I forgot his real name... began with an M didn't it? I figure the Rose General looked too much of a guy to be a real female, but I look too much of a guy to be a real female too! So it could work!

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 05:41 PM
> but I doubt i'd look the part...

I hate it when you have a character you love but don't look like. ^___^ I have quite a list of people (like, say TOUGA) I would love to cosplay but would look horrible wearing.

> damn my huge guy looking nose, I can't play any normal looking feminine bishies 'cuz of it!

LOL Leave the femmy bishies to the girls then!

> but Neclord IS dead.... right?

That I know of yes. But Konami did say a character confirmed dead was coming back, and although Culgan and Seed have clones in Suiko3, it's not them!

> I'm hoping stuff with Viktor can be explained a weee bit more....

I heard no Victor in Suiko3.

> AKA Peacock Guy, I forgot his real name... began with an M didn't it?

Millich Oppenheimer!
LOL

If you do that, Erin will love you for it.
She has this 'thing' for the Narcissists. ^__^

My only 'thing' is reserved allllllllllll for Flik. LOL

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 05:45 PM
LOL, I'll be Millich sometime then.... It'll be a fruity and fun costume I'm sure lol. No Viktor in 3? WHAT!? And ohya.... I forgot they killed off Seed & Culgan already, that's lame.... but they were in Suikogaiden which was cool and made up for their deaths in the game. Hmm... Pahn always seemed like a cool character to cosplay ass.... the betrayer and all... but I'm definitely not built like an Ox or anything lol.

I dunno.... I'll search for characters ::nods:: I'd make a good Viktor prolly... I mean he was pretty manly, although he was built like an Ox too! Maybe I could be Hix.... Hix was pretty umm... weak looking.... lol.

Look at my pics of me as Wolfwood & Gau, tell me if I'd be good for any type of Suikoden Characters? lol

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 05:59 PM
> Maybe I could be Hix.... Hix was pretty umm... weak looking.... lol.

If you do Hix, contact Philia Phillis from the board, I think she's doing Tengaar.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 06:16 PM
That'd be cool! I'll have to get in touch with her then for sure. They were an awesome team in Suikoden II, their one team-up attack something medal.... that was just STRONG AS HELL!

Shadra D
08-07-2002, 07:50 PM
..this is what I get for passing out randomly o_o I miss everything!

Ok, well, here's a few answers to questions...

In Suikoden three, there is no Viktor at all, thank god, I would cry. However, there is a mysterious boy with the Star Dragon Sword named edge who has some relation to Flik and Viktor. He has a stance like Flik, so I'm thinking that he was probably taught to fight by him. He looks nothing like Flik, though, so I SERIOUSLY DOUBT they're related o_o;

Neclord is not back, thank the gods, though there are apparently some undead, which brings up more questions that have not been answered... Culgan and Seed are not back, thank god. Konami would make a lot of people angry if their sacrifice in the 2nd game was meaningless. In fact, going off on a tangent for a moment...

Suikoden characters, every one, have depth. They are fleshed out, they grow, they change... it is unlike Final Fantasy in this, in many ways, to have so many characters, each with their own very distinct personality.

But more importantly, when characters die, they are not killed for the sob factor, for the tragedy... to quote my friend (she is cosplaying S3 Luc), "Suikoden is all about human life, and human sacrifice." It always has been. All the characters that died were sacrificed for a reason, and their death was never meaningless.

*shuts up about that now* There's a reason I'm thinking about it more, too.

But anyway >_>;

As far as Viki in S3, yes, she is a child in that game. And she is also an adult. Child-Viki is a start of destiny completely separate from adult Viki, and no, you don't find out much more about her. SHe's a complete opposite from adult-Viki, though o_o

Meanwhile, if you want to look through character pictures for Suikoden 3, the place to look is http://www.suikosource.com/ They also have bits of information about each of them, with more to come with the site revamp, of course.

And Me-Mania-Sama, if you can pull off a manly charater and if you have dark hair, you can easily go as Suikoden 3 Futch o_o He's got a nice face, but he's built like Humphrey, and he uses Humphrey's sword, in the game o.o_v

Basically, if anyone has any more questions about Suiko 3, feel free to PM me or ask here, though PM might get a faster response.

FYI, US game should be coming out in March, last I heard, which gives enough time to make a costume by AX, I think. However, if there's someone you simply HAVE to cosplay as, starting faster is good!

I, for one, am starting small, doing tons of research and trying to find ONE GOOD PICTURE of the Eyes of the Guardian, the weapons (rings) that Luc and Sasarai use in the game e_e Sasa has it in the 2nd game and the Gaidens, but all the art is too small to see it! I have to make those things, you know, give me a better picture! O_O;; *dies* Gwah.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Hmm.... well my real intent is a character that's relatively thin, but has male features.... 'cuz I'm thin, but my face is very manish because of my nose and excessive hair.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Oh wow... so much information...thank you! _...maybe I shouldn't do Viki, oh well, lots more to choose from! Can't... wait...until...game...comes out... @_@

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 11:00 PM
I want the game as well... to add to what I have....GAME COME OUT!!!!CANT WAIT! YAY! ^.~

Nyoko
08-07-2002, 11:02 PM
"I heard there is no Pesmerga in Suiko3. I am heartbroken!
Yuber without Pesmerga is... unthinkable!"

WHAT! THAT CANT BE!!!

Yggdrasil Pie
08-07-2002, 11:54 PM
What?!?!?!? No... can't be... T_T
I need...more long haired guys in armor... >_<

Celine
08-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by ME-MANIA-Sama
OH! I thought of a Suikoden character I could try and be! The Rose General! AKA Peacock Guy, I forgot his real name... began with an M didn't it? I figure the Rose General looked too much of a guy to be a real female, but I look too much of a guy to be a real female too! So it could work!

XD Like Rosiel says, if you tell Erin that, she will FLIP OUT. She's been trying to get me to go as Milich for a year now. I'm attempting to get her to work on Tengaar since she already bought the wig and I wanna do Suikoden at Animefest at the end of the month. Erin's gonna be sad she isn't checking the board recently!! All this Suikoden love! EEEEEE!!!!

Nyoko
08-08-2002, 12:18 AM
YAY! suikoden love!! well the only thing is if I go as Eilie I will need a hero... just to hit on and all... well anyway, I ponderd the shoes and I think I got it...

Shadra D
08-08-2002, 03:10 AM
Oh god, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the picture of Erin as Vincent de Boule at A-kon! It was so wonderful!

One day I'll finish my Sasuke costume, too *dies*

By the way, you guys know that REALLY FANTASTIC Lynx cosplayer? He did the whole costume at... uh.. damn, I forget which con e.e;

Anyway, he's completely into Suikoden, like I am, and though he's taking a break from the internet for a little while, I'm still corresponding with him through e-mail regarding AX Suikoden 3 cosplay. He probably cannot come himself, but we're talking about props and stuff (mainly Sasarai and Luc's rings, Luc's mask, etc) and just throwing ideas out. He wants to make a Clive costume, since that's his favorite character (I refer to him as Clive, anyway *laughs*)

He said he probably would not be able to join Cosplay.com as, him being horribly busy, would not be able to be active on here at all. However, he said that if a Suikoden Cosplay community of sorts were made, he'd be there the whole way o-o He's obsessed, like I am (only he has more merchandies e_e he's stealing my title of Merchandise whore!)

Wait.. Celine, you'd know him from Suikosource, you know who I'm talking about, right? Clive_Van_Houten?

Right, anyway. But I remember you had mentioned making a Suikoden cosplay page, Celine, are you still planning that?

And since a nice number of people seem to be interested, I think starting a little community thing would be pretty fun o_o for arranging groups at cons, photoshoots o_o...

Yes, I get into my planning moods at 3:50 AM, why do you ask? O_O;;;

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for pictures of the rings and stuff e.e; did a material count tonight.. I have enough lapis... I have malachite in case Luc's ring is green for some reason o-o; Also pondering fitting some opal in there somewhere *opal freak* I have some decent pieces, but I may go and buy some REALLY NICE rough, or just some expensive scraps, and set those in there somewhere o_o Mostly, though, the rings are solid silver, which is easy to find. Gwah, carving and casting e.e; blah.

Howling Guild (I usually refer to her as Vivi o_o;), who is cosplaying Luc, is currently looking into making some glowing runes to put on our hands out of cleverly positioned and altered fiber optics. Yay for technology! Yay for long sleeves to hide batteries O_o;

Rosiel, will in-game screenshots of Yuber's weapons work for you? The blades are simple, relatively, in design, they just collapse like those toy lightsabers. It would be relatively easy to make a spring loading mechanism... you could even steal one from an umbrella, I think o_o The handle is a bit harder to see, but luckily there is no guard, so that makes it easier. A detailed picture of Yuber's character art is forthcoming, as soon as Clive scans it from the guide book o_o

I admit it, I'm anxious to pull my cabbing machine out and make some happy shiny sparkly jewelry again e.e but I'll have to wait until I can access the metals/jewelry studio at school o_o; waaahhhh..

Ramblerambleramble e.e /endramble

Rosiel
08-08-2002, 09:06 AM
> making some glowing runes to put on our hands out of cleverly positioned and altered fiber optics. Yay for technology! Yay for long sleeves to hide batteries O_o;

Do I get an eight-fold rune?
Waiiiiiiiit. No one knows what the eight-fold rune looks like I bet.

*weep*

> Rosiel, will in-game screenshots of Yuber's weapons work for you?

Yup. That'll do.

> The blades are simple, relatively, in design

Now THAT is depressing. His outfit is boring and so are his weapons? Poor Yuber! He used to be so dashing and cool!

It must be the loss of Permerga, the poor dear is OBVIOUSLY in a deep depression.

> they just collapse like those toy lightsabers.

O_O Now that just surpassed my prop-building abilities.

> It would be relatively easy to make a spring loading mechanism...

LMAO You've got to be kidding. Relatively EASY? O_O

> but luckily there is no guard, so that makes it easier.

Now I want to cry. Those are the most boring weapons ever. The thought of all that work making them collapsable and ending up with something ugly.

*weep*

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-08-2002, 11:32 AM
ooooo! I just remembered! (Btw, what's Erin's Cosplay.com name I'll PM her). But... did anybody see the Clive at Otakon 2002? He was so extremely happy when he was stepping out of the FF picture and I looked at him and was like "Clive, what the heck are you doing?" lol, he was so amazed somebody recognized who he was.

Shadra D
08-08-2002, 03:00 PM
Oh pish posh! It would be easy! Mechanics, Rosi, Mechanics! Want me to draw them out for you? o.o You have to do it, you haaaave toooo! :O

And I'll have to ask Vivi if you ever get to see Yuber's rune. You should be able to when he uses it.. it's called the something Demon Rune, not the Eightfold rune... yeesh, I don't know what Konami thinks anymore, they keep changing things o_o

And IM me sometime and I'll tell you something that will make you like him more, I think.

And his swords are simple looking, but that doesn't make him boring! *waves arms around wildly* Think of the kickass poses you can do! And I mean... he has a HAT! O_O >.>; Sasarai doesn't have a hat e__E *grump* though I am going to make one to use as a bag o_o I admit, I stole the idea from Vivi's RP of Luc when he had stolen the hat and was using it as a bag e.e; Nash was suitably broken in the head from that.

Come on, you're the Man in Black! O_O You get to look cool and sexy, we get to look gaudy!

By the way, found a picture of Clive from Suikosource.... OH MY GOD, he would make a great Clive! and for S3, he is the -PERFECT- Albert! If I can get him to come, and if we can get a Sera (PEEERS at Celine), we'd have all the Destroyers!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-08-2002, 03:36 PM
::eyes widen:: You guys know too much extra information on Suikoden 3 lol.... have you guys imported it already or just read too much story info for your own good?

Shadra D
08-08-2002, 04:19 PM
*laughs* Vivi imported the game, my copy has yet to arrive. She made a play journal, as well as spending hours as we RPed translating memorable scenes for me and taking screenshots galore. I'm probably one of the most knowledgable people about the game despite not having seen it played yet e_e sad, sad, sad.

Oh well, it's fine, I'll have it soon enough O_O And next up, I'm going to buy some of the books that come with it e_e I'm supposed to be saving money and I go off and want to spend more. Gragh!

Rosiel: Clive should have scans for me to send you by tonight! *continues to bug him to cosplay as Albert* I think he's afraid of the COAT OF DEATH, though o_o *laughs* I shall make him sew so much ribbon ~.~

And I think I might want to make a Thomas costume one of these days... o_o It's so simple, and even though he's kinda weak, I really, REALLY like him ;_; Especially when he and Cecil were protecting (SPOILERDELETED) from (SPOILERDELETED)... wahhh, he's so cool!

But I still like Sasarai the best ~.~

Yuffie002
08-08-2002, 05:09 PM
Okay honestly I'm a little lazy and I skipped a lot of posts in this thread, but me and my friend want to cosplay Watari and Ayame from Suikoden 3! I'm not gonna wait to play the game, Watari's a Highlander and that's good enough for me XD But she wants me to work on a Culgan costume before I do Watari, so I gotta work on that too. And I'll go as Seed again next year too

Rosiel
08-08-2002, 05:32 PM
> Want me to draw them out for you? o.o You have to do it, you haaaave toooo! :O

Er... yes. >_< If I had an inkling about mechanics I wouldn't be a SOFTWARE engineer you know. >_<

> And IM me sometime and I'll tell you something that will make you like him more, I think.

He goes around drinking wine, being jaced, and bitterly discussing human nature? *___*
LMAO

> he has a HAT!

I hate the hat. >_< You can have the hat.
But I like Yuber. And I figured out I can buy hair extensions to add the few inches of hair I am missing for the braid.

> and for S3, he is the -PERFECT- Albert!

Albert? The Seed clone?
Ask him to marry me, please. ^_______^

Back on topic... he should be wary of ribbon-sewing, Seed nearly drove me insane! It's the parrallelism that's the hardest part. >__<

Philia Philis
08-09-2002, 12:40 AM
LOL, I'll be Millich sometime then.... It'll be a fruity and fun costume I'm sure lol. No Viktor in 3? WHAT!? And ohya.... I forgot they killed off Seed & Culgan already, that's lame.... but they were in Suikogaiden which was cool and made up for their deaths in the game. Hmm... Pahn always seemed like a cool character to cosplay ass.... the betrayer and all... but I'm definitely not built like an Ox or anything lol.

I dunno.... I'll search for characters ::nods:: I'd make a good Viktor prolly... I mean he was pretty manly, although he was built like an Ox too! Maybe I could be Hix.... Hix was pretty umm... weak looking.... lol.

Look at my pics of me as Wolfwood & Gau, tell me if I'd be good for any type of Suikoden Characters? lol

*DIES* *DIES* *DIES*
OH
MY
GOODNESS!
MILICH! MILICH! MIIIIILIIIIIIIIIIIIIICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU GOING TO AX NEXT YEAR?!??!

Celine
08-09-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Shadra D
By the way, found a picture of Clive from Suikosource.... OH MY GOD, he would make a great Clive! and for S3, he is the -PERFECT- Albert! If I can get him to come, and if we can get a Sera (PEEERS at Celine), we'd have all the Destroyers!

Eep, I only posted at Suikosource once or twice a while back... didn't think anyone had actually seen those. ^^ Yes, I'm still serious about making a Suikocosplay site (just hasn't been high priority so far).

Anyways, I have NO idea who Sera is. :P
I am amazingly clueless on things related to Suikoden 3. I want to get some suprises out of it!!! XD I also haven't spent much time checking out the designs... I suck.. I'm just not a good fan, what can I say??? EEK! I must find a Suikoden 3 artbook!!!

Yuffie002
08-09-2002, 02:55 AM
This is Sera, http://suikocastle.com/Sera.jpg I bet you could make a really good Sera..!

Shadra D
08-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Well, Celine, I still think you'd make a fantastic Sera! And yes, I am needing artbooks e.e;;

As for a SuikoCosplay site, I'm glad you're still interested! It certainly needs to be made some day o_o

... I've so drained myself on an art/fanfic project, I'm not going to spampost. Whee O_O;

Rosiel
08-09-2002, 08:24 AM
I could always switch from Yubie to Al if need be... although I have to warn you I do not relish the thought of going through Seed #2. One was enough. LOL. And still needs to be repaired as the armor ate through one of the bottom red ribbons. (Yay. -___-)

BTW you said you had the ref for Yuber, Shad. >__>
I am curious here! I want to see the swords and the rune!

*whinewhine* I want a rune too!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-09-2002, 09:29 AM
LOL, Nah not going to AX, I'm going to Nekocon and then Katsucon, and I myself am not much of a costume designer, however my dad is pretty decent with wood making and stuff like that and my friend Kurenai is my official costume makery chick ^_^ I pay her in shineys. Oooaauu!

But anyway, at Nekocon I'm probably going to stick to my Gau costume, I might throw together a Bowman Jean one from Star Ocean 2/EX/BS (I think I'm going to use the EX & 2 Design combined), and I'm DEFINITELY going as Ashton Anchors to Katsucon 2003!

Shadra D
08-09-2002, 04:21 PM
If you go as Ashton, Jen will explode and fangirl at you, I know it! *laughs!*

Go as Yuber, Rosi >< Albert's coat is, upon closer inspection, a HELL OF A LOT MORE COMPLICATED THAN SEED'S >< Because it's got SO MUCH FRIGGING PIPING O_O;; Ribbon AND Piping, could you really do that, Miss Details Oriented, without your brain exploding? If you could... I'd have to steal your sewing skills e____e Poor Clive, but he has to go! :D

As for Yuber detail pic, it's here at: http://suikocastle.com/Yuber.jpg

looks like he's got an undercoat in there, too o.o

Meanwhile, here's a page with a great deal of S3 character art! I think more will come out when the artbook comes out in September *CRAVES*, but this is pretty nice ^^

http://www.gpara.com/special/soft/gensou3/chara.htm

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Jen? Yay! I love collecting fangirls, they're like Pokemon, only cooler ^_^

Celine
08-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Holy crap! What did they do to Yuber??!! :eek:

That's a neat site... and September for the artbook. waah! That's still a few weeks away... and then finding it... baaaah!!

And there are far too many cool-looking characters. That's the problem with Suikoden. Too many ideas. Too little time. Too little money, too. I have to say I'm a *little* disappointed by some of those designs which are dead-ringers for Suikoden 2 characters. They're already out of ideas because of the first couple hundred? XD

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Wow... I mistook that Yuber for Jowy actually... they're characters are very similar looking it appears... ::nods::

As for character design, yeah... I'm sure after about 230+ Original Character Designs you'd start repeating some too... ro atleast the designs you were fond of.

Shadra D
08-09-2002, 08:18 PM
Strange, everyone I knew mistook Yuber for Nash!

The only characters that look like other characters, to me, are Nader (he looks like Culgan with a mask on *dies*) and Sera, whom everyone speculated to be Windy, reincarnated or something o_O;

Rosiel
08-09-2002, 09:16 PM
> Yay! I love collecting fangirls, they're like Pokemon, only cooler

I can give you some of mine if you want. ^___^ Some of them are downright scary. LOL

> Holy crap! What did they do to Yuber??!!

He gave up his job as a black knight to become an itinerant hassidic priest? LMAO He just couldn't get his hair to curl right.

> I have to say I'm a *little* disappointed by some of those designs which are dead-ringers for Suikoden 2 characters. They're already out of ideas because of the first couple hundred?

You noticed that too? It's like previous characters send their clones out to conquer the world. LOL

Personally I think they lack in bishie factor this time around. I miss Camus and FLik and all the pretty boys in tight pants. LOL Other than Fred, the men on that page are pretty ugly. >___< And we all know I need a color-coordinated bishie squad of doom to beat every Suikoden! LOL

Shadra D
08-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Are you kidding me? There are plenty!

Luc
Sasarai
Yuber
Albert
Percival
Fred
Hugo
Mike (He looks like Tatsumi!!)
Burtz (He's SO CUTE O_O http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/characters/burts.jpg )
Borus
Holtes VII
Fire Hero
Edge
Frantz
Louis
Duke... he was cute until they started to draw him like Solid Snake
Watari.. he must be so sexy under that ninja mask!

Don't try to tell me there aren't bishiboys in S3 o.o; *clings to them*

Yggdrasil Pie
08-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Watari!!!! I saw his pic!! He is definetly one of my favorite bishies in Suikoden 3!!!! XD

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-09-2002, 11:24 PM
LOL, I'm not gonna argue about Bishounen characters, I'm sure there are enough to go around once you play the game... Furr characters are really peeving me lately... I mean Kobolds were cool... but that Duck thing and the Dog things? Them characters look so lame and goofy... >_<

Anyway, umm... OHYA! Are they bringing Stallion back? He was great... another GREAT character was Kirkis....

Anyway, umm... yeah... trade Fan Girls with me! PLEASE! I NEED MORE! ^_^

Celine
08-10-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Shadra D
Are you kidding me? There are plenty!
Don't try to tell me there aren't bishiboys in S3 o.o; *clings to them*

That list isn't too bad, I suppose, but... I want Camus.... Ah, Camus... Also, a lot of those guys aren't on that one site. I am curious to see Luc's new outfit. And Futch. Oh, and a lot of others! I agree that Yuber totally looks like Nash.

I'm also not a fan of the dudes in big skirts... and most of them wear too much armor... or pants that are too short... But! Jeane is wearing CLOTHING! oh my gosh!!!!

Sanae=Yoshino
Mel=Millie
(they better be related or something. :\ )

Yggdrasil Pie
08-10-2002, 12:58 AM

Anyway, umm... OHYA! Are they bringing Stallion back? He was great... another GREAT character was Kirkis....

Anyway, umm... yeah... trade Fan Girls with me! PLEASE! I NEED MORE! ^_^

Ahh!! The Elves!! I love the elves!!! I hope there are elves in it!!!

...oh yea...I'm also wondering...what do you mean by trade Fan Girls...? Sorry, just a little curious...

Shadra D
08-10-2002, 01:53 AM
Sadly, Kirkis and Stallion are not in Suikoden 3, though there are two elves, Nei and Roland. I still say that Roland looks like Spock in the cover art of the game.

As far as the animal characters, I am wondering about the ducks quite a bit.. though I do like Sgt. Joe, he's actually quite cool o_o;; for a duck in a prussian helmet c.c; As for the dogs... I'm not touching that. There's speculation by japanese fans that Koroku's POV was originally going to be Sasarai's, but for some reason they changed a lot of stuff around.

As for Sanae, she is the daughter of Freed and Yoshino, yes ^^ As for Mel...

Mel is frightening, and has no relation to Millie. Blankie, the wolf, is a puppet with a foul mouth and a bad attitude. .... Yes, I am frightenend as well. Though she's interesting enough to my friend, who was Viki at AX (not ghetto Viki.. LOL), to want to cosplay as her at the next AX. I am looking forward to that quite a bit.

http://www.suikocastle.com/GSIIIPremiumPack/Game_CdInsert%20copy.jpg

Luc is the guy in the fugly mask e.e thank god he doesn't wear it the whole game or I would be just die. Err, right.

The back panel of his coat end right above his calves, IIRC, the bottom curving up like a concave... uh.. thing... c.c; it's an even, smooth curve. God, my vocabulary is disappearing left and right ><; There is a wonderful picture of the back of his costume, but, well, it's spoileriffic, so I won't post it here. In it, however, you can see a light-colored cross-like panel on the back..

The other people in the pic... Albert is the redhead to the left of Luc, Sera (or Sarah) right above him. That's the Fire Hero above them, and Yuber to the right of Luc. The Miklotov-looking (and acting, sorta o_O they're kinda similar... waah..) guy is Frantz, the girl above him is Iku.

And, for those interested, here are screenshots of Sasarai in his new (and manlier!) costume:

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/screen/SasaraiFront.jpg

He's the cute one, not the ugly one e.e;

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/screen/SasaraiBack.jpg

Ugly guy to the right is Dios, redhead to the left is Caeser Silverburg. To the right of Caeser is Hugo, one of the hero characters, and to the right of him is *weep* Apple. Poor dear. She's very plain and 3rd grade teacher-looking in this game x.x

Anyway, Sasarai's costume will be a challenge e.e; I'm still in the process of planning out how to do it and figuring out what materials to use e___e; Oh man.. stupid triangles.

Rosiel
08-10-2002, 06:41 AM
>I'm sure after about 230+ Original Character Designs you'd start repeating some too... ro atleast the designs you were fond of.

That's when you get NEW STAFF with NEW IDEAS, IMO.

> Luc

You can't play with him.

> Sasarai

He looks too child-like to be a bona fide bishounen. And don't tell me he looks exactly like Luc, I think Luc's sour expression generally makes him look older.

> Yuber

I have not seen his FACE yet. God knows why he is hiding it behid his hat!

> Albert

I'll give you that. Horrible fashion sense though, he's Seed without the flair.

> Percival

He's not a bishie, he looks like the sardonic sidekick. He looks /cool/ but not pretty.

> Fred

I'll give you Fred.

> Hugo

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Maybe I just don't do the tribal thing.

> Mike (He looks like Tatsumi!!)

>__> Do not insult Tatsumi!

> Burtz (He's SO CUTE O_O
http://www.suikosource.com/images/g...cters/burts.jpg )

He looks like a punk. >_<

> Borus

He's ok. I needs a new haircut though.

> Holtes VII

He looks like a drag queen! (see Hugo for my other objection)

> Fire Hero

Granted he is cute.

> Edge

I can't find him. o_O

> Frantz

He's Miklotov on a bad hair day.... >__<

> Louis

He is a CHILD! Or maybe I am just old. LOL

> Duke... he was cute until they started to draw him like Solid Snake

Scruffy. >__<

> Watari.. he must be so sexy under that ninja mask!

No proof!

Anything it lacks artwork that make me go "WOOOOOW".
When I first saw Flik in Suiko 1, I was awestruck. Suiko had bishonen characters with flair, I mean CAMUS! SEED! CULGAN! PERMESGA! NASH (young)! I can go on and on...

I don't like the scruffy look, the tribal look... I like my bishounen pretty and well dressed. At this point if Yuber ends up being beautiful he would take the cake (for me) which is SAD considering he's wearing a simple black coat.

(And BTW the elves are hideous... and me who loves elves so much! ;___;)

Rosiel
08-10-2002, 06:42 AM
> Anyway, Sasarai's costume will be a challenge e.e; I'm still in the process of planning out how to do it and figuring out what materials to use e___e; Oh man.. stupid triangles.

The sewing for Yuber should only take me a few hours... which is sad. This is seriously not a costume for stage you know. I am NOT going to make a pair of black pants just because AX needs you to make your WHOLE costume. >__< (Is it still true?)

The swords on the other hand... >_<;;;;;;;;;

Shadra D
08-10-2002, 09:15 AM
Disgruntled, are we? o_o;

First off, they did get new staff. Secondly, the guy who created the games left about halfway through. Thirdly, the new staff hardly seemed to know what they were doing!

Fourthly, yes, you can play with Luc. You just have to unlock his perspective. I HIGHLY recommend doing this o_o_h

Sasarai is eternally 17 because of his true rune, but he's actually about 30 years old. So is Luc, at this time. And no, he doesn't look exactly like Luc this time because Luc changed his hair a bit and is indeed rather sourfaced e.e Sasarai is a bit clueless, too >_>; But he's cute!

Yuber's face. I have seen a picture somewhere, though I cannot recall where, and he looks like he belongs in Yami no Matsuei. Like Muraki with the eye thing, but his skin isn't icky either and he's prettier.

As for edge, I forgot to link his picture... gimme a sec to find him.

Meanwhile, I forgot about Jack!

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/preview10/chara2.jpg

He's, sadly, not quite all there in the game...

| Jack, looking out over the lake, "Wow.. I've never seen the ocean before..." |

Old In-game pic of Yuber and one of his swords: http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/preview11/02.jpg

Since that time, the game has been upgraded in art quality e.e;

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/preview11/01.jpg
Albert and Sera again...

Oh, and Ceaser... http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/preview11/01.jpg
He's soooo inspiring e.e Compared to Shu, he's just so... Frumpy. Compared to anyone he's frumpy!

And Tuta, he grew up to be handsome, though not bishounenly so.. he looks a bit like Mitsukake, I say

Futch... is now known as Butch He looks a bit like Futch did in Suikoden 2, but he's not quite so bishi e.e And Bright is VERY VERY NOT CUTE ANYMORE *cries*

Another screenshot, you get to see Yuber's face a little in the ingame pic. http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/preview13/mask2.jpg

First pic of Duke. This was from the card stories, it was a special card. It got our hopes up e.e
http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/preview-chara/Duke.jpg

*surfing Konamityo website for more pics*

... the fact that the online world guide is narrated by a Sgt. Joe Plushie frightens me a great deal. Ahem. And Ronnie Bell's daughter is cute o_o As are the count down banners >D http://www.konamityo.com/genso/III/count/index.html

So, my search to find the online image of Edge and of Yuber's face has failed e.e; Edge is very much a pretty boy.. he's not really like Flik in his ruggish good looks, he're more.. uh.. elegant? Or.. well.. I don't know, edge is very strange. He has some relation to Flik and Viktor, but they are not related by blood e.e;

Oh, right, there was also Landis, a winger... he wasn't pretty, but he wasn't ugly. Very Sid-like e.e

Anyway. No, Suikoden 3 does not have so many pretty people, but I don't really think that's so important.. to me, at least. It has a few, but perhaps it is a little more realistic. Having bishounen be everywhere is kinda... unnerving, to me o_o;

Anyway.. here are two images of Luc and one of Sasarai:

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/screen/luc.jpg

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/screen/lucsm.JPG

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/screen/Sasarai2.jpg

More pictures for people's reference coming soon, I hope e.e if not soon, than.. in september e___e

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 09:26 AM
" I agree that Yuber totally looks like Nash."

I agree!

"But! Jeane is wearing CLOTHING! oh my gosh!!!!"

WHAT REALLY !!?? I got to see a pic of this!!

"Ahh!! The Elves!! I love the elves!!! I hope there are elves in it!!!"

YAY I LOVE ELVES! I HOPE SO TO!!!! BishieElves!

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 09:34 AM
There is one thing, I was more fond of the suiko1 & 2's more "2D" playing field, but suiko 3 is "3D"... but at lest it still got the drawings when the characters talk!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Random question.... I doubt this... but is it Suikoden II Data compatable maybe? ^_^ That'd be a tricky thing to see.... PSX data transfered to PS2 data....

Anyway, trading fan girls was a joke, we were just chatting about how we have so many adoring fans of our cosplay costumes and how some are cool and others are scary.

Anyway, yeah the elves do suck.... Suikoden 1 & 2 had the best elves.... Kirkis, Stallion, Rubi, and Kirkis' Girlyfriend with the Pink Hair.... they were all awesome, and Kirkis was a powerhouse of a character with the wind rune...

Luc looks kinda awesome with that mask... and is Futch all grown up now with his dragon bright? I've yet to look at much artwork ^_^ and I personally have no concern about the bishounen factor.... but for the most part it seems all the characters got a HUGE make-over for their PS2 versions.... I mean Suikoden 1 & 2 the characters outfits barely looked different.

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 09:37 AM
I wanna know:
Out of all the runes (not only the 28 ture runes) what is your fave.?

Me:
resurrection, bluegate, blacksword and beast.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Favorite runes? Wow... hmm... well I can't remember really.... I always liked the wind rune and Kirkis... I was madly in love with it... the double slashy type rune you can get early on is cool too, especially on somebody like Viktor... and....

WOW! I just realized my entire Suikoden II Party I believe consisted of Suikoden 1 characters except for the main hero....

It was Hero, McDohl, Hix, Tengaar, Viktor, & Flik.... wow! hehehe... I think I get too attatched to old characters ^_^

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Anyway, yeah the elves do suck.... Suikoden 1 & 2 had the best elves.... Kirkis, Stallion, Rubi, and Kirkis' Girlyfriend with the Pink Hair.... they were all awesome, and Kirkis was a powerhouse of a character with the wind rune...

WHAT!? There not in it! NO! that sucks...no good elves.....

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-10-2002, 09:45 AM
Yeah... one elf does kinda look Mr. Spock... and the others... I didn't bother investigating too much to be honest... I was too disapointed....

I'm just very afraid that this Suikoden will suck compared to 2, which was such an excellent sequel...

Shadra D
08-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Well, the elves are... I'm not too impressed with them here either, but after all, this isn't a forest landscape, this is the grasslands, so elves aren't going to be common anyway.

And Suikoden 2 data is compatible with Suikoden 3, as well as SuikoGaiden volume 2 data.

Mostly, these give you little extra things, like the names of your heroes being in the history books, and a few extra plays for when you put the stars of Destiny into plays.. *rolls* Putting SuikoGaiden data in is priceless, though, because when you put Nash in the Final Neclord battle, he says the greatest things, most of them having to do with insulting Sierra horribly >D Naassshhh... he's also funny if you put him as Milich Oppenheimer in 'Embrace of the Empire', Milich's play x.x

And as far as Suikoden 3 sucking... So far, it has done very, very well in Japan. Of course people nitpick at it, as there are always things to nitpick at, but people have really liked the games.

And as long as people buy and play them, they will make others... as soon as sales go down, I am assured Konami will never make another one, because the sheer amount of work that goes into a Suikoden game is mindboggling x.x

The game is fun to play, the story is deep and incredibly moving, the characters just as individual as those in the previous games... unless you go around looking for things to dislike, you probably won't find them.

There's also a lot of backstory that is never revealed about a lot of characters, which leaves plenty of room for speculation...

... or future releases of sidestories, and extra character POV games. There's a lot to be known... Like Edge's relation to Flik and Viktor, or who Hugo's father is, or what exactly happened to Joshua and Humphrey (though popular speculation is that they are both dead, killed by Harmonian Scouting Parties who tried to take Joshua's Rune and that Millia may now posess the Dragon Rune... We think this because, though Futch doesn't talk about it much, he says that he's in this war to 'pay Harmonia back' for what they did.. and he also uses Humphrey's sword in battle. It seems likely, to me.) And there are maaaany, many more mysteries, like what's up with Jeane (plot thickens in Koroku's POV... is she not human??), is Nash -really- married or just telling people that, and...

*shuts up* So rambly. But the game is entertaining. If it wasn't, would people have REALLY spend 90+ hours playing it? e.e I think not.

.. by the way, it takes 90+ hours to complete the game c.c;

Err. Any more questions? ^^;

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 10:27 AM
oh! YAY 90+ Hours of SUIKO GOODNESS!!!!

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 10:29 AM
... the double slashy type rune you can get early on is cool too,

The one like Double Strike?_?

Yggdrasil Pie
08-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Waii!! I'm so happy I didn't delete my Suiko2 Data!!!!! XD
Hehe...my favorite runes are...either the mother earth rune and the cyclone rune, maybe the Black Sword Rune! I dunno...hehe...

Celine
08-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Luc with mask: Ew.

After looking at more pics, I still say Lilly has the best character design by far. She is totally awesome looking. I hope she doesn't suck because I'll be devastated. Chris is gorgeous. ^_^ I have yet to see a full body pic of Albert, but he is like a darker-haired Seed wearing a black & white outfit? I like Sera's design but she looks half asleep in those screenshots. Which characters are the antagonists, or can you say that without spoilers?

My memory card with all my important saves (Suikoden 1&2, maxed out Star Ocean, etc) is lost forever. I have to replay the Suikodens now, I guess. blargh.

Best rune ever: Sunbeam. :D It restores your health as you walk! I'm all about that!!!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-10-2002, 02:18 PM
LMAO Maxed out Star Ocean? Wow.... anyway, yeah get a DexDrive Celine... after losing some data (Thankfully not RPG.....) everything worked out for me when I bought a DexDrive, now my data is backed up on like 20 different things....

it seems somebody is too suikoden obsessed and is scaring me with a lot of Suikoden III spoilers it seems >_< She needs to remain quiet, I stopped reading somewhere around the Neclord part.... god damn why is he back!? WHY!?

Also umm... I doubt the American version will read SuikoGaiden data, so we miss out on that fun stuff.... but we do get the Suikoden II data... does it matter if we have Nanami alive or not btw?

Rosiel
08-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Fave rune?

I lopve the Thunder rune. Seriously. And it's all because of Flik. It's also insanely useful against bosses.

> Putting SuikoGaiden data in is priceless, though

But will the US Suikoden III read my Japanese Suikogaiden data?

> .. by the way, it takes 90+ hours to complete the game c.c;

Following my estimation rule, it means I should complete it in at most 30-40 hours. ^___^
I play through games wayyyyyyyyyy too fast. Especially when I get characters who walk fast so I don't have to trudge through the contry.

> LMAO Maxed out Star Ocean?

I lost my Start Ocean save due to a thunderstorm as I was entering the last dungeon. And, darn it, I managed to have Dias heads over heels for Rena. Anyone has an inkling how hard THAT was? ;_______;

> Having bishounen be everywhere is kinda... unnerving, to me

To me it's called HEAVEN. LOL
I want my army of pretty men!

Shadra D
08-11-2002, 03:18 AM
Well, it's kinda obvious who the antagonists are, without delving into spoilers. You find out very early in the game o_o; First off, with a fugly mask like Luc has, could he be anything but an antagonist? x.x;; Sera, Yuber, and Albert make up the Destroyers, and that's all I will say.

And, Me-Mania, Neclord is _NOT_ Back in Suikden 3 e___e; I would be very, very upset if he were. The Star Dragon Sword is back, but Neclord is not.

Rosi, I'm not sure how they're going to handle the SuikoGaiden data in the american release, and I hope to find out soon.

And also, I doubt it is possible to beat S3 in 30-40 hours, considering how many chapters there are. 30-40 sounds like if you don't gather all of the stars and skip Thomas, Luc, and Koroku's chapters. Which is not recommended o_o;

Oh, favorite rune? Ummm... I think I made the best use out of the Flowing Rune, as well as Soul Eater (Especially in the second game.. LMAO, I walked aaaallllll the way to the Toran Republic so many friggin times to get Tir back so he could help me beat the bosses *dies*

And fun news! Vivi-chan just gave THIS to me!

http://www.seiryuu.org/~vivi/Temp/LucSasarai-BG-Fullsize.jpg

Hellloooo character art! *_*

And weep for me, It seems I have to make another ring ;_; Sasa, why do you wear TWO? *Bawls*

Rosiel
08-11-2002, 09:26 AM
> First off, with a fugly mask like Luc has, could he be anything but an antagonist? x.x;;

LOL Yes I love it how the antagonists always end up with those fugly masks/helmets/etc. (reminds me of Zechs and Char and Hirumes and... LOL)

> Sera, Yuber, and Albert make up the Destroyers, and that's all I will say.

Yuber! Yuber! (Get some armor Yuber!)

> Rosi, I'm not sure how they're going to handle the SuikoGaiden data in the american release, and I hope to find out soon.

*crossing fingers*

> And also, I doubt it is possible to beat S3 in 30-40 hours,

Well generally when there is an "official" time-to-complete given, I always finish the game (with high levels and in the case of Suiko the 108 stars) in less than half the time, often as low as 1/3. Which always irked me because I want my money's worth! LOL

> to get Tir back so he could help me beat the bosses *dies*

I never played with Tir. ^___^ I've made it through Suiko2 with clever uses of Rage and Thunder runes mostly. ^___^ My bishounen squad of doom prevailed pretty easily... I even had Luc in the back row unable to attack... just using magic all game long. ^___^

Shadra D
08-11-2002, 11:01 AM
LOL, I don't know the official time, but it took Vivi 90 odd hours to complete it. If you can do it so much faster, I will be amazed!

And maybe you should make a little Pesmerga plush to carry around and abuse... LOL

I forget who I used for the final battle, now... Let's see. Oh, right. it was Flik, Luc, Riou, Tir, Viktor, and Sierra, I think T_T I liked using Sierra's ruuuune, Flik and Viktor had great attacks and I put great Runes on them.. Tir's Soul Eater was priceless, Riou's Great Shield was much better after I gathered all the stars to give it the fourth attack.. I love getting people berserk! WHeee! And Luc using the Blue Gate was great O_O

Anyway o_o... ^.^

Rosiel
08-11-2002, 12:50 PM
> And maybe you should make a little Pesmerga plush to carry around and abuse... LOL

If you make it LOL.

> I forget who I used for the final battle, now... Let's see. Oh, right. it was Flik, Luc, Riou, Tir, Viktor, and Sierra, I think T_T

Who did I use...
First row... Flik Camus Mik
Second Futch Luc Hero (I think)

I remember I had the whole color-coordinated thing going...
Blue - red - blue
Redish - blueish - red

I forgot what runes they had on... everyone on the front row had double-beat + some attack magic rune, that I remember...

I thought about replacing Mik with Hix (to get the mirror image Flik-Hix on each side of Camus) but I felt bad not having Tengaar and she would ruin the "bishounen" part of "Bishounen squad of doom". ;)

How many other people build their teams based on looks and color-coordination? LOL

Shadra D
08-11-2002, 01:59 PM
>How many other people build their teams based on looks and color-coordination? LOL

Rosi, you are absolutely insane.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-11-2002, 07:10 PM
I build my teams in ANY RPG based on favoritism... even characters such as Pierre from Chrono Cross... I made him so good he had a 50% or higher Evasion chance! He was dodging almost everything and dealing out good damage too... :;shrugs:: I love making the sucky/unloved characters great characters to be.

Yuffie002
08-11-2002, 07:48 PM
I build my teams off hot guys!!!

Shadra D
08-11-2002, 08:14 PM
LMAO, Yuffie, are you Watari from GSO forums? *dies* I was wondering when you would make it over here!

Yggdrasil Pie
08-11-2002, 10:26 PM
lol, I build my team of most of my favorite characters!! XD

I remember my...final party for Suikoden 2 is...
Hero, Clive, Zamza, Persmerga, Sierra, and Flik... I think.. ^^

Clive!!!! ^_^

Celine
08-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Wow, way too many people on this thread use the pretty boys. Ha ha ha!

For the final battle, I think I used: Hero, Luc, Mazus, McDohl, Flik, Viktor. I know I used Luc consistently, but the rest of the party switched out with Sheena, Sierra, Kinnison, Kasumi the other time I played the game.

However, I generally used the same party Rosiel did!!! XD

Although this might be a totally useless piece of information: My American save data for Shining Force 3 was completely compatible with the Japanese games... so I hope that Suikoden data will work! I bet it would be compatible and the question is more like, "Will the US release *check* for Suikogaiden data?" I'm assuming that you get to select the data when you begin a new game, like in Suikoden 2? It's possible they will take that check out of the beginning of the game because we aren't supposed to have played it and it might confuse the casual gamer. :\

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-11-2002, 11:58 PM
If I had Clive he'd be in my party in Suikoden 2.... the ONLY character I passed up... 'cuz I left town instead of continuing foreward to bump into him in that cutscene thing... I was so mad! But ohwell, more reason to replay Suikoden 2 prior to playing Suikoden 3....

Also, I still wasn't answered, what all transfers from Suikoden 2 Data? Levels? Nanami being alive or not? etc.?

As for the Suikogaiden thing... I think if they don't check for it, which they prolly won't, they'll just either remove the extras or just give them to use for the fun of expanding the storyline.... it'd suck if they took out random fun stuff from the storyline related to Suikogaiden just not to confuse us.

Shadra D
08-12-2002, 02:09 AM
Grr... I really don't know what they're going to do, and that really annoys me, as well, because half of the perks of the game are Nash being hilarious in the plays when he insults Sierra!

Then again, for some reason, it appears that, after Murayama left, Konami took out a lot of extra stuff... rumors of a Sasarai POV storyline that seem plausable... there easily could have been one, but for some reason they replaced it with Koroku's POV >< And they throw so many mysteries in there and then never reveal them! Something is telling me that some of them will never get answered, either e.e

Though I do have hope that the S3 manga they are apparently making will go into that stuff o_O; *crosses fingers*

Well.... Blue Moon from Suikosource delivered the Suikosource petition to the Konami team personally this summer, so maybe, -just- maybe something will come of it (the petition, for those who don't know, was to get an american translated release of the Gaidens, possibly the card stories, ETC)

If enough fans, both Japanese and American ask that these mysteries be revealed, perhaps in the form of a bonus CD with extra POVs, who knows... o_o

Shadra D
08-12-2002, 05:40 AM
I forgot where the new character pics are on Suikosource! For your entertainment....

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/futch.jpg

He looks a little like Flik, only a lot more muscled O_O

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/bright.jpg

Bright, you're so not very cute anymore ;_;

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/edge.jpg

Here's Edge O_o...

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/gorou.jpg

OH NO! Miklotov quit being a knight for good and turned his focus to baths! ... oh, wait, that's just Gorou e.e

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/mike.jpg

I still think Mike is cute e.e

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/roddy.jpg

Roddy... you are very cute.. but you scare the bejeezus out of me ><

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/scott.jpg

Arr, captain, make him walk the plank!... he has a parrot, too e.e

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/tuta.jpg

Mistukake!... err, oh, hello Tuta o_O...

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/watari.jpg

Sexy Ninja o_o

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/frantz.jpg

I still think Frantz is cute ;_;

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/bazuba.jpg

the Lizard clan version of a bishounen? o_O;;;

LOL, OK, I'll stop now xx;;

Rosiel
08-12-2002, 09:05 AM
> Rosi, you are absolutely insane.

Admit it, that's why you love me!

And seriously, my color-coordinated teams could win against most gamers' end-game teams... (Color-coordination hold for runes too... I would /never/ give a Water-based rune to Camus for example!)

> Pierre from Chrono Cross

I LOVED Pierre. I only dumped him because Norris was cuter. >__>
My Glenn ended up a monster though. When I had to fight against Dario he wiped out Serge and forgot-her-name right away, but Glenn defeated him easily on his own. I only needed one character to win the game. ^___^

Glenn and his two Einlanzers... *______*

(This is kind of like how in PS4 Rune ended up so powerful I crawled the last dungeon and killed the last boss using only him. =) )

> However, I generally used the same party Rosiel did!!! XD

Great minds think alike. ;)
I sometimes switched Futch and Kinnison around though.

> with Koroku's POV

Can we skip it? Koroku sounds like a cobold name and I avoid cobolds like the plague. >__<

> Though I do have hope that the S3 manga they are apparently making

They have to make a Suiko1 manga! I want to see Flik and Odessa in something else than doujinshis! (Yes I collect Flik/Odessa djs LOL)

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-12-2002, 11:22 AM
lol, well... yeah I think my team in Chrono Cross, atleast for my favorites, consisted of the following characters

Pierre, Slash (The name Nikki sucks >_<), Norris/Ishito, Harle/Tukuyomi, and occasionally Lucia or Karsh.

Hmm... a lot of those character designs are interesting, and yes I do avoid furrian characters as much as possible usually... sometimes I make an exception, but playing as scruffy dog monster things just doesn't appeal to me, even if Kuromimi was kinda amusing and cute to some extent.

Random question.... is Stallion in this one? (My cosplay list for Suikoden is growing btw!)

Somebody answer my data question >_< PLEASE!

Here's my new list of cosplays

Hix (If I have that Tengaar come with me to a con)
Milich Opennheimer (Definitely going to do this sometime)
Stallion (I have his nose to an extent ^_^)
Kirkis (Nobody gives it up for Kirkis... he was such a great character if you ask me...)

Yggdrasil Pie
08-12-2002, 11:33 AM
Wai!!!! ELVES!!! I wanna be an ellllffff!! The're so cool!! XD

Thanks for the pictures Shadra D!!!! Mwahahaha!!! *jumps around cause she got to see Watari* ^^

Rosiel
08-12-2002, 12:18 PM
> sometimes I make an exception, but playing as scruffy dog monster things just doesn't appeal to me, even if Kuromimi was kinda amusing and cute to some extent.

I played with Shiro in Suiko2 for a while... for some reason I liked the whole "man and his dog" side of it. LOL Which was the whole point of having Cloud, Vincent and Red XIII in FFVII. ^__^

> Random question.... is Stallion in this one?

I heard that no. ;_______;

> (My cosplay list for Suikoden is growing btw!)

^___^ I already wore the one Suiko character I really wanted to cosplay so my list now consists of only Yuber, which I am doing for Shad. ^___^

> Stallion (I have his nose to an extent ^_^)

I think I might be the only one but I thought his nose was the best. LOL

> Kirkis (Nobody gives it up for Kirkis... he was such a great character if you ask me...)

I LOVED Kirkis! And Silvana! I had a backrow full of elves in my party in the first Suiko. (It's the pointy ears ^___^)

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-12-2002, 05:44 PM
Kirkis was just a god with the Wind Rune, hands down... he learns the magic so quickly, you can EASILY cast like Tempest or whatever and kill the Dwarf Boss thing in that vault in like 1 blow, same with the dragon boss in the 1st General's Castle thing, he's just a great magic user!

No Stallion!? NOOOOOOO! DAMNIT! What's with Suikoden 3 and all their wannabe original characters, I think Suikoden 2 brought back some of the best characters....

Question, are there any Suikoden 1 characters coming back that didn't come back in 2, but are coming back in 3? Did that make sense? lol

Ohya... Stallion's nose is the best!

Nyoko
08-13-2002, 12:21 AM
Ya thanks for the pics!! but I don't really know if I would call some of them "bish".... ok neaver mind...that would have came out really wrong....

Celine
08-13-2002, 09:06 AM
Oh, the elves... I will always have a soft spot for the Suikoden elves. I always thought Kirkis was so adorable and tried soooo hard. And then, the whole village still gets toasted. They all die. And then it plays my favorite sad song. I thought that was one of the best emotional parts from the first Suikoden.

Stallion's a good choice (especially if you have the nose! ^_^), but I would love to see a Kirkis. He was my favorite elf by far!!! Oooh, and if there was a Sylvina too! Eee! I didn't like Ruby much... he was all grumpy and mean to Kirkis. :\

My Suikoden cosplay list fluctuates all the time. Considering I've already done a bunch of costumes, I shouldn't do more, but that probably isn't going to stop me. ^_^ It goes something like this: Windy, Camus, Meg, Jillia, Tengaar... and, of course, some Suikoden 3 characters...

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Well my nose is big, it's not pointed, but I'm sure I could find some kind of make-upy thing somewhere to make it a bit longer.

As for Kirkis & the Sad Song, I agree entirely, and yeah the Village of the Elve's song Post-Burning is probably the best suikoden song I've ever heard.

Rosiel
08-13-2002, 10:10 AM
> Oh, the elves... I will always have a soft spot for the Suikoden elves.

Same thing... I loved the elves, and was disappointed they did not reappear in Suikoden 2.

> I thought that was one of the best emotional parts from the first Suikoden.

Odessa's death was much much worse for me, that and when Flik confronts I-forgot-who about her death and you can see the sword of the teeny sprite quiver and.... ;_______;

Suikoden 1 & 2 take the cake as far as games that made me cry...

> but I would love to see a Kirkis. He was my favorite elf by far!!! Oooh, and if there was a Sylvina too! Eee!

Oh I'd love to see that although... Kirkis's outfit /was/ a little... dorky. ^___^

> Windy, Camus, Meg, Jillia, Tengaar... and, of course, some Suikoden 3 characters...

I thought about Camus too... then I try to remind myself how BAD I looked with short brown hair as Miguel. >__<

And I have to admit, I am /still/ tempted to do Suikogaiden Nash Latje... a full anal-retentive costume with all the layers and details just right. But I bet no one would know who I am. LOL And I'd need a Sierra to henpeck me all the time. >__<;;;;; I also thought about doing Leon... *purrrrrrrrrr* Who can resists a white-haired vampire? But he is even /more/ obscure.

Celine
08-13-2002, 10:53 AM
If you want to talk about emotional scenes... well, the Suikodens are quite full of them! ^_^; Hence why that's just *one* of the best in my opinion...

Kirkis does look kinda dorky, but it's KIRKIS!!! The characters I'd most love to see someone else do are Shu and Jess. I absolutely adore Jess (and I'm probably the only one XD). His pants are funny, too!

You can always do Nash someday! Nash is super cool looking... and Suikoden is obscure enough as it is that it wouldn't be that much worse to do a gaiden character... still, nobody would know who you were except crazy obsessive fans. XD

Rosiel
08-13-2002, 10:56 AM
> I'd most love to see someone else do are Shu and Jess.

A friend of mine mentioned doing Shu at AX03... =)

> You can always do Nash someday! Nash is super cool looking... and Suikoden is obscure enough as it is that it wouldn't be that much worse to do a gaiden character...

Well, a gaiden character IMO is a lot more obscure.
Seed /did/ get good recognition once the choruses of "KINNISON!" died down. ^___^

Nash will always be there as a maybe... if I can get a Leon and a Sierra for a skit, I will definitely thaw him out!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-13-2002, 11:15 AM
If it makes you feel better Rosiel, I recognized Seed before anybody else @ Katsucon 2002 (Except maybe Culgan.... I think I saw you two at the exact same time lol), because Seed is just that damn cool ^_^

Shadra D
08-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey, I don't like all this nitpicking at a game you haven't even played yet >_> >.<;

Me-Mania, I already said that nobody knows the answer to the data question... Suikoden 2 data WILL be compatible with S3 with the american release, but NOBODY knows about the gaidens, which is making me slightly antsy myself ><;;

No, Stallion is not in it..

And regarding S1 characters coming back in S3, the closest thing to that is Ronnie Bell and Millia's daughters are Stars of Destiny in S3. Millia's daughter has an attitude problem! ><;; Yeesh.

And having so many of the other games' characters returning in a game that takes place 15 years in the future... more people were afraid of many of the characters returning because the young 'uns would be OLD.. don't forget that in all of the Suikoden games, it's the young people who seem to do most of the fighting to change the world.. 15 years in the future they would not be quite so young!

LMAO, I am so tired today, but my Suikoden 3 Premier pack just came in the mail and I've been cuddling the box.. have not even opened the package yet ><;; Laa...

[Edit: I opened the package O_O YAAAAAAAAYYY! And also, I'm sorry if I came out as really bitchy in this message @.@ Didn't mean to ;__;]

Rosiel
08-13-2002, 02:54 PM
> If it makes you feel better Rosiel, I recognized Seed before anybody else @ Katsucon 2002 (Except maybe Culgan.... I think I saw you two at the exact same time lol), because Seed is just that damn cool ^_^

Yay! Next time I see you at a con, remind me to give you a hug for that comment! LOL

This single-handedly made me want to repair Seed. Too bad my Culgan does not go to cons anymore. ;___;

Shadra D
08-13-2002, 03:46 PM
LOL.. poor Rosi ;_; *glomp* Well, I don't think Zaph would mind so much if you found another Culgan to wear it. I'm sure they'd like if you could wear Seed again, and you just can't be Seed without Culgan..

You know I'd do it for you, but... I mean.. Really >_>;; Ask John! O_O

You really, really, should, since Jen would love to wear Futch again some time.. Heeey, she's going to be at NekoCon! Talk to her talk to her! And I got her to join our Katsu group! YAAAAYYY! But only, she said, if I help her find some HxH cosplayers for NekoCon as well.. I'm going to post a shout out thread on here as soon as she tells me how she wants people to contact her o_o

Waaahhhh... recruiting is just like Suikoden! 'Oh, get me this, I'll join you!'

Rosiel
08-13-2002, 03:57 PM
> You know I'd do it for you, but... I mean.. Really

Is that an "I am too short and I don't look like Culgan" or an "I am afraid of being molested and I don't like redheads"? LOL

> Ask John! O_O

Poor thing... he's already doing Bradley and promised to do Kunzite, I can't rope him into yet anothe cosplay that has as only goal my personal satisfaction... unless he comes to Anime USA since he does not have a costume...

*evil glint in eyes*

I'd feel bad asking Zaph to lend me Culgan though. ;__;

> Heeey, she's going to be at NekoCon! Talk to her talk to her!

He won't be there though... but I will be and I could bring Seed again. =) But he needs repairs first... and new gauntlets!

> And I got her to join our Katsu group! YAAAAYYY!

YAY!

> Waaahhhh... recruiting is just like Suikoden! 'Oh, get me this, I'll join you!'

LOL

I don't know, there is no option for "puppy dog eyes" in Suiko and that is generally how I recruit. =)

Shadra D
08-13-2002, 07:04 PM
>Is that an "I am too short and I don't look like Culgan" or an "I am afraid of being molested and I don't like redheads"? LOL

LMAO ><; If I was afraid of being molested, why would I dress up as Sasarai!

Wait. Don't answer ><;

It's #1, trust me o.-

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-13-2002, 07:39 PM
LMAO, I wouldn't mind dressing up as Culgan if you had a costume chilling for me to throw on at a con sometime... it'd be fun, but I no have the time to make a Culgan costume or nada... so... ::shrugs::

Anyway, yeah... you did semi-bitch at us, but that's okay we forgive you! Anyway, I think my head is going to explode sooner or later if this barage of new Suikoden characters continues, so who all is the 100% Guaranteed characters coming back?

Is Templeton back? I want him back! Hix & Tengaar? ::is just rambling off names of young characters he remember that wouldn't be too old to be in Suikoden 3::

Shadra D
08-13-2002, 09:18 PM
Sadly, Templeton does not return ;_; nor do Hix or Tengaar.. really, very few former Suikoden character return, though many have some relation to them. Futch, Luc, and Viki are the only three from all three games, sadly enough o_o

Oh, and we can't forget Yuber ~.~ He's so SEXY!

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/temp/yuber/yuberissexy.jpg

Bwahahah ~.~ I had too much fun ripping screenshots from the opening movie ~.~

Yggdrasil Pie
08-13-2002, 10:50 PM
o_O!!! That's Yuber?!!?!? You are right, What a seksay Yuber it is! ^^

Celine
08-14-2002, 12:16 AM
^^ Um, just to clarify, people here are still planning Suikoden group for AX, right? I'm all about that, but anything sooner is.. um.. probably too soon for me. But I really want to do a Suikoden group thing, at some point.

Shadra- she shouldn't have problems finding HxH cosplayers. I think it's getting more popular (or else I'm just seeing more Kurapikas everywhere because I'm crazy).

The opening movie is evil. I've watched it at least ten times now. It's torture. I hate waiting... aaaaargh!!! What do you get with your premier pack, anyhows?

Yggdrasil Pie
08-14-2002, 01:03 AM
Yea...I would love to be in the Suikoden Group too, I acually never been in a group before... *cries*

Shadra D
08-14-2002, 02:23 AM
Isn't evil, Celine? *_* I actually just ripped it from the disk today so I have a SUPER HIGH QUALITY version for SCREENSHOTS! *_*; I gave a bunch to Cybele for Yuber.

And no, Suikoden 3 will not be possible until AX @_@;;; we're all so busy I don't even want to think about trying to make it before then! *laughs* Please, Celine, we'd love to have you!

As for the nifty stuff I got from the premier set.. I got the game (of course!) an audio cd with neat versions of some of the music from the game, a box in the form of a book, a little Fire Hero plush mascot (SOOO CUUUTE!), a little metal bookmark (for manga purposes ~.~), two mini-mousepads with Suikoden 3 art on them, and a Konamistyle CD carrying case. I looovveee iiitt *_*;;

^.^

Rosiel
08-14-2002, 09:56 AM
> Sadly, Templeton does not return ;_; nor do Hix or Tengaar..

We don't even know what happens to them? I want to know if Hix and Tengaar for hitched! ;___;

> really, very few former Suikoden character return

;___;

> Futch, Luc, and Viki are the only three from all three games

And we all know *spoilerspoiler*. ;___;

> Oh, and we can't forget Yuber ~.~ He's so SEXY!

You're just saying that to make me look past a boring character design! Admit it! No worries I will be Yuber at AX03. Do I get to laugh manically at least? ;)

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Hey! Hey! Don't forgot about Apple! She's back too y'know! >_<

Shadra D
08-14-2002, 02:42 PM
I always forget about Apple for some reason.. o_o ....

And yes, Rosi, you can laugh maniacally as Sasarai cowers.

And you know Yuber is so damned sexy! You know you know you KNOW those frames of animation were not key frames, if they had made a key frame fangirls would have had seizures C_C_

And by that time you should have played the game and if you find a character you really like *coughcoughCHRIScough* we can do another Suiko3 cosplay~~!

~.~

>*spoilerspoiler*. ;__;

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH ;O; *sniffles and hides under the blankets* If you want to see my heartwrenching fanfic, you can, by the way, since you've already been spoilered about the ending.. LMAO.

Nyoko
08-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Eilie or Ayda.... don't know, who do you all think I should cosplay as...

Celine
08-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Eilie, definitely!!!! I really liked Eilie and her outfit is super neato with those strappy design things!

Whee, so if there's a Suikoden 3 group, let me know if you guys need anyone in particular (like Sera, she looks cool so far, and she's evil, so that's cool too). I'm psyched about people doing Luc & Sasalai because they are just spiffy!! Rosiel, you will look awesome no matter who you do! (though I wish you'd consider Chris... it's a sign when people independently think that she'd be a good choice for you... ^^)

nooo spoilers! not about those characters you mentioned right there, at least... two of them are favorites of mine... ^^

Yggdrasil Pie
08-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Nyoko
Eilie or Ayda.... don't know, who do you all think I should cosplay as...

Ayda is cool!!!! Do Ayda!! ^^

But now that got me thinking...who should I be?

Nyoko
08-14-2002, 08:55 PM
ARG!!!! That does not help! a vote for each... need more input...

Shadra D
08-14-2002, 09:30 PM
SERAAAA! Celine, be Sera, be Sera, I want to have the Destroyers! If only I could get Clive to promise to come and be Albert ;_; Wheeeeee~~~

And I want to see Ayda, Nyoko! O_O Ayda!

And, WE.. hmm... OOOOHH, how about Ayame, one of the Ninjas? Wish I had better art for her >< Or Iku, Frantz's girlfriend? Her hair is kinda weird, and you might get mistaken for Princess Leia, though *dies*

Any pictures of yourself online that I can see? That often helps me decide o.o

Yggdrasil Pie
08-14-2002, 09:35 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4502

I'm the girl on the right... ^^;;;
Sorry for the blurry pic, That's the clearest one of me that I have...
I dunno, Ayame is cool! And I love Ninjas...But I haven't seen alot of pics of her... @_@

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-14-2002, 11:18 PM
::blinketh:: Okey dokey.... anyway... this is like one of the few topics I pay attention to at Cosplay.com

Yay for it being 12 pages! lol

Shadra D
08-14-2002, 11:40 PM
EEEEK! Water Empress, you would make a FANTASTIC Ayame! All I have right now is a face shot of her, but I should be getting the character art book in September and I can get scans for you then.. scans for everyone! O_O But here is Ayame's face art:

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gs3/profiles/ayame.jpg

Mmm, sexy FEMALE Ninjas! :D

Yggdrasil Pie
08-15-2002, 01:48 AM
Oh yay! She looks cool!! Thanks!! Can't wait until the full body shot! ^^

Rosiel
08-15-2002, 08:17 AM
> I always forget about Apple for some reason.. o_o ....

It's because she is bland... *hides from Apple fans*

> And yes, Rosi, you can laugh maniacally as Sasarai cowers.

MWA HA HA HA~~~!

> if they had made a key frame fangirls would have had seizures

LOL No need to convince me, I already agreed to be Yuber. The costume looks easy enough and seriously right at this instant my hair is in Yuber-style. I'll just need to keep it that way until AX03, hence you just need to hope I won't do another Zoisite cosplay and chop myself some bangs!

From Shad:

> and if you find a character you really like *coughcoughCHRIScough* we can do another Suiko3 cosplay~~!

From Celine:

> though I wish you'd consider Chris... it's a sign when people independently think that she'd be a good choice for you... ^^

Why is EVERYONE telling me to do Chris? LOL
I swear I will show the opening to a random person and asks if anyone looks like me... because I am starting to wonder. o_O;;;

Did you guys see the amount of armor on that girl? (sure I love her armor but the sheer work involved makes me want to die)

> SERAAAA! Celine, be Sera, be Sera, I want to have the Destroyers! If only I could get Clive to promise to come and be Albert ;_; Wheeeeee~~~

Be Sera! Be Sera! I'm going to need spiffy-looking people around since Yuber is so boring as far as character designs go... and you would be perfect as Sera!

Shadra D
08-15-2002, 11:17 AM
LMAO, because, Rosi, you look JUST like her! You're beautiful, elegant... >< really! And I found picture of her NOT wearing her armor, too ~_~ Muahahah, you can do that... I mean, they did have this Russian woman in a live-action s3 commercial dressed as Chris, but you look more like Chris than she did o_o;

.. and I almost, ALMOST want to dress as Thomas some time 9_9 so he's weak and a little cowardly at times, I really like him... we can do.. GOOD GUY COSPLAY! *gasp!* Woe to anyone who tries to make Hugo's costume *shudder* .... *ponders making John dress as Geddoe* LMAO ><;

Rosiel
08-15-2002, 12:05 PM
> LMAO, because, Rosi, you look JUST like her!

>__<;;;;; I really don't see it, other than the fact that I have enough hair for her hairstyle. But if you say so...

> And I found picture of her NOT wearing her armor, too ~_~

And what is she wearing? A bikini? >__>
I actually like her armor, I just don't like armor.
We'll see how Hirumes goes first, and if I am fed up of armor forever or not.

> GOOD GUY COSPLAY! *gasp!*

O_O What a concept!
Would I actually have to... smile... ? O_O

(joke)

>*ponders making John dress as Geddoe*

The poor thing, if he knew all of your nefarious plans!

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 12:33 PM
Ok...if anyone goes to nekocon next year (not this year) I will be Ayda... so thats done (the only down fall I have no reson to glomp any heros....*cry*)

Rosiel
08-15-2002, 01:13 PM
> the only down fall I have no reson to glomp any heros

Katan cosplayed as Nina at Katsucon... she got to glomp Flik all the time and eventually moved on to Seed (I guess she decided that redheads aren't that bad after all). Best of all, it was in character! ^___________^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-15-2002, 01:49 PM
I just realized all the Suikoden characters I would probably cosplay.... IE Camus & Kirkis... require me to wear.... TIGHTS! DUN! DUN! DUN!

So now I have a question... uhh... in order to properly wear tights, I don't need to go shave my legs or nada... right? >_<

Rosiel
08-15-2002, 01:51 PM
> So now I have a question... uhh... in order to properly wear tights, I don't need to go shave my legs or nada... right? >_<

LMAO

This question made my day...

They don't wear tights as in tights you wear under a skirt. More like tights as in stretchy tight pants.

So no, no need to shave.

LOL

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> the only down fall I have no reson to glomp any heros

Katan cosplayed as Nina at Katsucon... she got to glomp Flik all the time and eventually moved on to Seed (I guess she decided that redheads aren't that bad after all). Best of all, it was in character! ^___________^

So no matter what I cant glomp and stay in character at the same time.....

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-16-2002, 12:53 AM
yes, I'm glad I made peoples day being a stupid male and all v_v

Anyway, yeah... that's good.... I really didn't wanna shave my legs... or nada... although It prolly wouldn't hurt... ::looks for that epilstop stuff that just wipes off:: lol...

::hates having hair::

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 08:58 AM
> ::looks for that epilstop stuff that just wipes off::

Hey to the girls in here... does that actually work?
The bride of King Kong here would love to know. LOL

(I hate waxing X___X)

Shadra D
08-16-2002, 09:22 AM
and anyone wonders why I wear long pants in 100+ degree weather in Savannah, GA in the summer? e.e; Waxing.. don't even touch that.. shaving bites ... >< why are we talking about this, anyway *laughs*

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
> e.e; Waxing.. don't even touch that..

It's the mess factor that annoys me, personally. I hate having wax all over my bathroom and my cat once I am done. >__<;;;

> why are we talking about this, anyway *laughs*

Me-mania started it! He started it! Not me! LOL

Celine
08-16-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> ::looks for that epilstop stuff that just wipes off::
Hey to the girls in here... does that actually work?

Have you tried Nair? I've had mixed results with it. It sure beats the tediousness of shaving, and it's a lot less painful than waxing, but it's impossible to get it right in one application. Plus, the scent of it cannot be washed off, which I find really annoying. ^^;;

Nyoko: I wouldn't worry about glomping being out of character. As long as you want to glomp people, and they are willing to be glomped, I'm sure people can forgive you from being in character. I mean, I personally can't stay in character since I don't always cosplay super happy characters. Once I get my Luc costume done, that's going to be silly, because he's always so grumpy and I'm just not. ^_^;;

Nyoko
08-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Nair Smells nasty, it stings if you have a scrach where you put it, and it don't work!!!! Nads hurts like an s.o.b. it you have to keep doing it over and over to get all the hair gone, and its really messy. Epilstop burns......

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-16-2002, 02:10 PM
'cuz I was contemplating shaving my legs to wear tights lol, but yeah... it's an important question, what is the best way to remove man hair? (Like hair on your legs & behind etc.)

'cuz I'm getting sick of having hairy legs, like... my chest is entirely hairless, but every other part of my body decides to sprout hair like it's a weed.

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 12:12 AM
um....don't shave you can kill yourself doing so....

Kenshin Ken
08-17-2002, 12:28 PM
man.. this conversation just turned...strange LOL ^^;; aah I'm glad us GUYS don't gotta worry about silk stalkings n nair...but from what I'm readin.. it sounds prettty um....educational hehehe ^^:;

Rosiel
08-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Well I for one wishes that men had to worry about it because sincerely, guys, the whole shaggy 70s carpet look is not all that attractive.

*laughs and runs*

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 12:39 PM
HAHAHAHA! shaggy 70s carpet look...oh that one to go into the books...

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-17-2002, 10:47 PM
::cries:: I know! My legs are harry, and like... ugh! I'm just growing hair, puberty had to be the most pain in the ass thing for me, I have hair sprouting everywhere, how can I make it stop!? >_< HELP ME SOMEBODY! I LOOK LIKE BIGFOOT IF THIS CONTINUES TO PROCEDE!

Yggdrasil Pie
08-17-2002, 10:54 PM
...eepp...it sounds kinda scary... T_T

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Very..... Me-Mania-sama if you shave...be careful....please you can kill yourself doing so..... or maby thats just me o.O........

Shadra D
08-18-2002, 04:03 AM
o_o .... It would be very, very difficult to kill yourself with today's razor blades unless you purposely did the Z-cut on your wrists.. even then, the blades are so small it may not reach all the way x.x; maybe if you were using a rusty blade and got rust... anyway e.e;; Shaving is safe in the hands of a competant person.

However.

Once you shave for the first time, the hair will grow back faster and thicker and darker than before e.e;;;

... WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS? O_O;;;;;

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Bah, why does everybody say that? It's not true! It's a mythological fairy tale! It doesn't come back darker or thicker (Shaves his chest so he should know), 'sides, would waxing prevent it from coming back darker & thicker?

Nyoko
08-18-2002, 10:15 PM
I cut my leg shaving once and I cut it so bad that I cut out some Muscle?, just by the razor sliping, me grabing and turning it,now I got a very big long scar on my leg.... but mabye I am the only person who can pull that off.......:bigcry:

Yggdrasil Pie
08-19-2002, 12:59 AM
Waii...sounds so painful... I always feared using the razor... ^^;;;

My fear has suddenly increased....

Rosiel
08-19-2002, 11:30 AM
> the hair will grow back faster and thicker and darker than before e.e;;;

It doesn't really... at least not that I have noticed...

And OMG I never heard of someone managing to hurt themselves badly with a razor... O_O

I'd recommend using men's razors to shave your legs btw, they are the best! AND they aren't PINK.

(Yes WHY are we talking about that? Does Victor need a shave?)

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-19-2002, 12:39 PM
LOL, I was wondering if I needed to shave my legs to wear tights, that was all lol. (Doesn't wanna be this hairy man version of Kirkis lol at Otakon 2003)

Rosiel
08-19-2002, 01:06 PM
> (Doesn't wanna be this hairy man version of Kirkis lol at Otakon 2003)

If you do KIRKIS you might have to... he wears /tights/ if memory serves. Camus wears tight /pants/... LOL

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-19-2002, 01:07 PM
::nods:: Okay, well then yeah, I'm just looking for suggestions on what's the best way for a guy, who's never shaved his legs or nada, to go about getting hair removed there? Nair? Epilstop? What?

Rosiel
08-19-2002, 01:26 PM
> Nair? Epilstop? What?

Nair stinks. >__<

Either shave (you can shave your face and that looks a lot harder LOL) or have it profesionally waxed. It hurts like hell but it takes a lot longer before it regrows.

I heard about this one brand that is supposed to be non-stinky and actually slow the regrowth of hair... but I'm a little afraid of the chemicals they probably put in there... I'm all for soap & a razor. LOL

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-19-2002, 03:46 PM
Hmm... that could work I guess... I might just get it professionally waxed for Otakon 2003.

Nyoko
08-19-2002, 11:54 PM
Mens razers, Ah thats my whole prob right there *goes out and gets some*

Yuffie002
08-22-2002, 07:11 PM
O.O We get to see Yuber's face! http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/suikodenalbum/vwp?.dir=/Suikoden+Album&.src=ph&.dnm=Yuber+with+Albert.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/suikodenalbum/lst%3f%26.dir=/Suikoden%2bAlbum%26.src=ph%26.view=t and here too http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/suikodenalbum/vwp?.dir=/Suikoden+Album&.src=ph&.dnm=Picture+352.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/suikodenalbum/lst%3f%26.dir=/Suikoden%2bAlbum%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Nyoko
08-22-2002, 09:24 PM
nice!

Shadra D
08-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Yes, he's not too bad looking *eyes Rosi*

I have a whole directory with screenshots of him from the opening.

http://shadrad.sandwich.net/temp/yuber/

And, ugh.. ignore the file names ~_~;

o/~

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 10:13 AM
> Yes, he's not too bad looking *eyes Rosi*

I told you I would do Yuber already! LMAO

What gets me is that we do have some sort of ressemblance going, I'd probably have that face if I was a guy. ^__^

> And, ugh.. ignore the file names ~_~;

They were obviously a subliminal plot to make me think Yuber is sexy and hence be excited about cosplaying him. ;)

Shadra D
08-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Oh come on! LMAO!

Yes, yes, I want you to be excited about cosplaying him *dies* I hate to think you're doing it out of 'being nice' for me, so I want you to have fun!

See, you have to have fun! Fun fun fun fun fun! *bounces*

I'm going to make those swords, darnit! If only so you can amuse yourself a la Marcus and keep collapsing and expanding them.. LOL.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Wow... that's damn awesome! So there is Anime FMV in Suikoden 3? YAY!

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 11:19 AM
> Yes, yes, I want you to be excited about cosplaying him *dies*

Whee! Whee! Look at me! I am excited! LOL

> I hate to think you're doing it out of 'being nice' for me, so I want you to have fun!

Seriously I've always said I would do Yuber one day, from my end it's an easy costume, and as incredible as it sounds he looks kind of like me, so I am happy.

> I'm going to make those swords, darnit! If only so you can amuse yourself a la Marcus and keep collapsing and expanding them.. LOL.

Oh my... that would make my con... a gal needs her collapsable phallic symbols! LOL

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 11:19 AM
> Wow... that's damn awesome! So there is Anime FMV in Suikoden 3? YAY!

Like in the Gaidens, I suspect, therefore we're speaking only on an anime intro.

Shadra D
08-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Yup, only one animated intro. It's alright, though, it's pretty enough to satisfy me. And since it animates some scenes from the game, it's not so bad ^^

As far as gameplay is involved... well, the characters look something like up-to-date versions of FFVII characters... somewhat chibified but with nicer polygon counts and expressions on their faces.

My friend Vivi said, though, that seeing the expressions on their faces made some scenes even more unbearable...

In Suikoden 2, when <SPOILER> happens, and Riou is holding <SPOILER> and then <SPOILER>, his little sprite eyes suddenly go wide and the look on shock on his face... That was bad enough. But the character expressions are really very good. They're definitely in a more anime-style than the FF games have been as of late, so you can see the extreme expressions like you do in anime. I have not seen too much of the body movement, but what I have seen is not bad at all o_o

I'll give an example... Sasarai, in the animated clip Vivi sent me of his duel with Hugo, has a very innocent boyish quality to his expressions.. his eyes are big and all cute and he does the CUTEST little blinkyblink thing when someone speaks and he turns to look at them.. you can almost here him saying 'Ara?' because, though he may have sounded a bit ominous in S2, he's really pretty naiive and slightly clueless in S3.

HEEE'S SSOOOOO CUUUUTE!

Meanwhile, Rosi, I have a question o_o_h Should I buy the Sasafras costume fabric or will you? I have a rough idea of how much will be needed.. ahhh, should probably wait until I see you and we can measure. I really, really like the way the cotton broadcloth looks as far as color and texture, and it can be ironed neatly to give it a nice, crisp uniform appearance...

Hmm.. I think I'm going to go write a post on fabrics in the costume help section based on what I'm learning from sewing Wakaba's costume :3

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 12:30 PM
> I have a rough idea of how much will be needed..

If you found the perfect color for it, you should buy it. That blue is not something you find everyday.

> ahhh, should probably wait until I see you and we can measure.

I forgot exactly how long it is but from my recollection 3 yards should be good. (and have some spare in case of catastrophy) Yuber sewing Sasarai's outfit... it's /almost/ as funny as when I was hemming Culgan's vest dressed in my Seed costume. LOL

(Explanation: I always try to wear costumes around the house for a few hours to make sure it'll stay together at the con and isn't too uncomfortable.)

> based on what I'm learning from sewing Wakaba's costume

Polyester/cotton blend for Schu-vest = bad.
That's I learnt. Next time I'm getting /heavy/ fabric.
Where I can press seams and it won't look wrinkly. >_<;;;;;

Shadra D
08-23-2002, 02:45 PM
I think it would be far more amusing if it were Nash sewing Sasa's costume X_X

But the idea of Seed hemming Culgan's vest is horribly amusing >D

I'll try to get that fabric as soon as I can afford to >_>

Look into using Broadcloth for stuff, next time! It's so great O_O

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 03:28 PM
> But the idea of Seed hemming Culgan's vest is horribly amusing

I think I scared a fanfic author too... in the middle of things I took a break to read fanfiction and came upon a Culgan/Seed. So I decided to write to the author with constructive criticism on her piece and I just /had/ to mention I was sitting there in my Highland uniform hemming Culgan's vest.

I thought it was hilarious. She probably thought I was insane. LOL

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Hmm..... I wanna get Gaidens Anime Intro, any clue where I could find it?

Rosiel
09-12-2002, 01:06 PM
I have them all... but forgot where I got them. X__X Try rpgamer.not, and if not grab me on AIM and we can file-transfer.

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-12-2002, 01:45 PM
Yay! I'm gonna grab you! w00t! lol

Rosiel
09-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Maybe that choice of word was unfortunate. X____X

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-12-2002, 11:03 PM
LOL, dun worry! I've got my shots! ^_~