PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Latex?

LiL QoH
08-07-2002, 06:50 PM
What do you think about it? I've seen some kick ass things done with it online but never seen it at conventions and wondering if it would be appropriate for an all aged convention(body suit wise)? What's your opinion?

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 06:58 PM
We used it at Otakon last year for Zhongi (the doppleganger in Escaflowne) and here is what we found out:

It's bad for legs. It sticks to itself and rubs off even after having been sealed.

You need to shave right before putting it on or it will give you a painful all-over wax job.

You need friends, to put it on and take it off. Lots of friends.

It's horribly messy and takes forever and a day to dry.

I'd avoid using it, personally, and not because of the nature of the convention but the nature of the beast itself.

So, er, yes, it's been done. I think he was the most lightly clad person at the con. (costume = 1 speedo LOL)

LiL QoH
08-07-2002, 07:08 PM
woo talk about a breeze! XD thanks for the info! :D

peacecraft
08-07-2002, 08:08 PM
I only ever use it for prosthetics. The smell of it when its wet makes me want to die. I would never apply lots of it directly to the skin, and it takes forever to dry and wrinkles if you move when its wet. If you make molds and then create the latex pieces in advance off the mold to be applied (dry) later with some surgical adhesive (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SURGICAL ADHESIVE REMOVER) maybe it could work for covering large areas.