PDA

View Full Version : Rooms for Oni-con?

SchizoIori
07-31-2006, 11:06 PM
I have a question about the rooms for Oni-con, and I found the hotel website to not be very helpful. I've heard from some people that you have to make a down payment on the room to reserve it? Could someone who already has a room clear this up for me so I know if I need to have the money in my account or if I can just reserve with a card. I know it seems like a silly question, but I'd like to know before I try to reserve and money just comes out of my account. Thanks in advance.

tahiti
08-01-2006, 10:51 AM
I would think they're like any other hotel, and would just let you reserve with a card. The person in charge of getting the hotel in my group just ended up going with another website to book our room, so she had to pay up front. I wish I could be of more help, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for!

SchizoIori
08-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I would think they're like any other hotel, and would just let you reserve with a card. The person in charge of getting the hotel in my group just ended up going with another website to book our room, so she had to pay up front. I wish I could be of more help, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for!

Well thank you anyways. ^_^ I'm probably just going to go ahead and reserve the room. I hope there are still plenty left. X_X

SchizoIori
08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I reserved my room for Oni-con so to anyone who hasn't reserved yet you have to make a deposit. My deposit was in the 115 dollar range since I got the room for thursday as well.

Malicious
08-09-2006, 10:19 PM
but that's stupid. why pay to reserve?

Danzikumaru
08-10-2006, 02:46 AM

Why is that stupid? They have no garuntee you'll be able to make good on that reservation. If you cancel on them, that's lost money. So they require a deposit as colatoral. That's the a lot of buisness transactions work. It's a garuntee of future payment.

LordDeus
08-10-2006, 02:57 PM

That's just how it is. Though personally I prefer no deposit, but must cancel within a certain amount of days prior to reservation or else I'm charged method.
But if I were the hotel's owner preparing for a convention, I'd probably ask for a deposit too. Like Danzikumaru said, its safe and basically a garantee that I will be recieving your business without the risk of losing other peoples' business at the loss of yours.

another2luvers
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I had that problem too. But I called back and spoke to another person, and there is no down payment. You just can't reserve until you pay, and you can't pay without a card. I thought we were going to have to pay twice.

yamibakura03
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
so there is a down payment. hmm ill see how much it be for me...

SchizoIori
08-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I actually don't mind much now, because that means I have part of the room already paid for so my roommates get to cover the rest, and at least I know I'm guaranteed a room. I just prefer the reserve with card method, but considering the situation and the type of hotel, it's understandable.

Sakura
08-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm really not understanding this at all... it's so confusing >_< my boyfriend reserved a room about a month ago and spoke to them on the phone and there was no talk of a down payment whatsoever. I think we'd notice if we were missing $115 from the bank account. I'll have to call again and find out if we got a room for sure.

SchizoIori
08-18-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm really not understanding this at all... it's so confusing >_< my boyfriend reserved a room about a month ago and spoke to them on the phone and there was no talk of a down payment whatsoever. I think we'd notice if we were missing $115 from the bank account. I'll have to call again and find out if we got a room for sure.

Guess it depends on who you talked to. If you got a confirmation then you should have a room.

another2luvers
08-18-2006, 02:48 PM
It's all pretty confusing to me...I hope it works out for everybody okay.

yamibakura03
08-23-2006, 04:24 PM
turns out alot of people are now complaining about the hotel. in the oni con forum someone said hilton is considering to raise their prices to 199 a night due tht they have no more rooms for oni-con.

this my friends is a prob now, and from the past oni cons. it seems they have a bad luck inn which hotel they get.

so if someone doesnt have a room. you can call to hilton in case they have a room or look for other hotels nearby.

Etsu
08-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Maybe Oni-con should look into getting the hotel Shiokazecon was held at. It seemed okay although I didn't have a room there.

yamibakura03
08-24-2006, 12:02 PM
the rooms were ok and it was a good price too. would of been nice if they had a small microwave.

yamibakura03
08-30-2006, 08:14 PM
latest news. there are no more oni-con rates. i also herd that if you ask for an executive room its around 140. im not sure but i do know for a fact is there arent any onicon rates. and now the room prices are 204 a night

Kurisuti-n1689
09-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Me and my friend are lucky that we got a room for the Oni-con rate.....

SchizoIori
09-05-2006, 05:47 PM
man I'm glad I reserved when I did then.

Kurisuti-n1689
09-05-2006, 09:23 PM
I heard from a friend there are a few rooms now with the oni-con rate. I guess some pplz couldn't go? So whoever wants a room get em while you can! lol

LordDeus
09-06-2006, 10:50 PM
I reserved my room today, and was able to get the Oni-con rate. Hope is not lost guys!

RabidAnt
09-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Still seem to be giving the Oni-con rate. Reserved mine on the 10th, had a small error with the dates though, fixed it the next day though. They seemed pretty helpful.

keriko
09-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I got my room yesterday (9-21) and they were giving the Oni Con rates so.... if you need a room :
CALL NOW!!

Pharaoh Atem
09-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I just booked my room on the same rate, too. xD

yamibakura03
09-22-2006, 05:52 PM
i guess there are still rooms with that price. well its good for the hotel, its business.