PDA

View Full Version : Hair that turns into wings?

Di Vates
03-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Ok those of you that have seen Shamanic princess.....
Have any ideas about doing Tira's hair when she transforms ?(yes i'm crazy,because this is who i have decided to do as my first cosplay~if i have problems i'masking you guys,hehe)

aimee
03-10-2003, 05:30 PM
kitty did a really neat version of that, pretty much the whole thing was feathers, I think you can find pics of her at AX 2002 and Comic con 2002, sorry I don't have a direct url, maybe someone else will.

I'm sure there's other ways to do it too

animeandska
03-10-2003, 05:34 PM
the transormy Tira?! Wow! I thought I was one of the few who saw Shamanic Princess- either way- That hair looks real tough- But when it come to hair there is always loooong wigs and hair spray and fabic dye(double check that) to change colors of wig- At least that it was i was told to do by someone I knew what they were talking about- I hope it helps a bit-

Di Vates
03-10-2003, 05:44 PM
I was thinking with starting with a normal red wig and then make it transform some how in to wings..i dono i'm stumped, i'm watching the movie again tonight to get more ideas...any one w=else who has a stroke of brilance please help

Michi
03-10-2003, 06:20 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=1786&exhibition=16

There's Kitty's, as aimee mentioned.

Sarcasm-hime
03-11-2003, 12:03 AM
I was planning on doing a Tiara cosplay for awhile, and what I had planned was to get a bright red wig, style it up in two pigtails, then attach some kind of wire headdress to the wig. Onto the wire I would make the 'wings' out of feathers and long strips of red chiffon to make it all floaty. ^_^

Menchi
03-11-2003, 12:34 AM
all things being di...that isnt too terrble a first costume. i know ya can do it ^^. granted i had a poor choice ina first costume...but ti turned out pretty well ^^; in my costume gallery...ya will see a poor choice in first costumes. aka menchi... i would rahter have done something like what ya were doin for your first costume anyday ^^

Di Vates
03-11-2003, 02:26 PM
i dono if i'm getting my self in over my head or not,,,,i feal like any character i portray i will not give the character justice....but i'm determinded not to wimp out, (athough i have plenty of time to do damage to my own resolve)...the only things i really have to worry about by doing tiria is her hair and the way her boots attach to her out fit. any one have any suggestions?

Sarcasm-hime
03-11-2003, 03:34 PM
For the boots, you could make them like garter pantyhose and have hidden clips or velcro or something. You'll obviously need to make your own boot covers. You could also try making the legs out of pantyhose or skin-coloured spandex, and just sew the green fabric in the right places.