PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Dragon*Con 2006

Darth Takeo
08-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Don't look now, but we are less than a month out! Came creeping up now it's nearly here!

29 days!

:rockon:

Dany
08-03-2006, 09:15 AM
AAAAAAAH! *hordes costume worriedly!*

Not done yet!!!!

TheWickedOne
08-03-2006, 11:49 AM
so much to do, so little time. and i mean more than just costumes and gearing up for the con. i have work and lots of little legal stuff to finish before august 30th. Yargh!

crimsonvision
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I go back and forth from being extreemly excited that it's so close to being extreemly terrified that it's so close. ;)

fightstar
08-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I understand how you all feel. Ever since Dragon Con 2K5 I have quested for 'Ninja Perfection' for my cosplay. I still have a few more ends to wrap up (sew on a small chest patch, modify my ninja-to bokken, recieve my utility belt from commission and buy some better pants.) for my Uniform to be complete. All we can do is keep doing what we love because we love doing it.

Tenel Ka
08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Guh! Still have two costumes to finish. >_<

Manda
08-04-2006, 01:12 PM
NO! Push it back a month!!! I need more tiiiiime!

halafax
08-04-2006, 01:40 PM
*paces back forth*

Its coming!! OMG! Its ALMOST HERE!!OMGOMGOMG!

But Im gonna look pretty cool when its all said and one....grave walks again!!

Dany
08-04-2006, 02:25 PM
The good news is that time seems to be slipping like a greased mongoose.

The bad news is just that. Time seems to be slipping like a greased mongoose.

Costume work + faire rehearsals + impending move of sweetie into apartment = Dany might pull some of her hair out.

reannaremick
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm excited but I still have like.....6 costumes of my own to finish as well as 2 others, gah! *stress*

TheWickedOne
08-05-2006, 12:48 AM
it's return of the easy cosplay for me. mostly stuff for fun and partying. the one costume that will be remotely nice will also have to be fix, since the jacket was torn down and covered in patches to just be straight up punk. i'm trying to find the time...

QueenAleta
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
still have two costumes to finish. Plus a short dance routine to practice. At least my accessory hunt is done though.

a-tastic
08-06-2006, 01:24 AM
i still have about 500 more pearls to bead onto sleeves, and embroidery...and alot of glueing, painting, and varnishing.
and dreads...many more dreads to be made for my friday late-night wig...

yay!
hey, we've got time! who needs sleep?

AshleyV
08-07-2006, 12:21 AM
I need sleep! I hardly got any the past few days because I have been busy with the dealing of a wedding (I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding). Not only was I just a bridesmaid but I was also the hairstylist and make-up artist for the bride, bridesmaid, and the groom's mother.

I still have a couple of accessories left to go and buying some bodypaint and I should be good to go.

Darkkyo
08-08-2006, 06:16 PM
*runs around in circles* Blah time is counting down and it seems to be slipping more and more. I missed Otakon this past weekend cause i was the best man in my cousin wedding so that Depelted some money and i'm going out of town with the family so that's more time depelted. Man i gotta get stuff together 24 more days and counting down:bigcry: .

Darth Takeo
08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
23 days.

Hope those last minute projects are taking shape!

Dany
08-09-2006, 02:05 PM
23 days.

With a hammer (literally!) but yes. If things keep up and do not give me grief, I might not have to work on the plane or in the hotel. Just not the thing to do, yo.

crimsonvision
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
23 days.

*singsongs* You're not helpiiiiiiing! :p

Dany
08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
*singsongs* You're not helpiiiiiiing! :p

See, this is when we put Darth in a box, lock it up with duct tape, and let him out the Wednesday before the Con. ;D

(kiddin'! :D )

Blade Redwind
08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
See, this is when we put Darth in a box, lock it up with duct tape, and let him out the Wednesday before the Con. ;D

(kiddin'! :D )

Yes, do!

Darth Takeo
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
NooooOoooOOOOoOOoOoo!

reannaremick
08-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Halfway done with evil Supergirl and about to go add my second sleeve and attach the cape now.

Then I only have 900000 other things to do, woo. 22 days *runs off in a cloud of stress*

Darth Takeo
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Evil Supergirl? That's hawt.

reannaremick
08-10-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks! It's from Supergirl: Power when she gets hit with black kryptonite she becomes an evil version of herself in a black and silver variation of her costume. If I have enough time (hahaha!) I'm gonna sculpt a piece of kryptonite out of paperclay to have with me as well.

Darth Takeo
08-10-2006, 07:11 AM
I'm big into the dark/evil versions of... well... anything in the comic/sci fi/ fantasy world. lol

Did "evil" Superman ala Superman III last year.
:D

So yeah, I likey the evil Supergirl idea. Very cool!

halafax
08-10-2006, 08:00 AM
*runs around in circles* omg omg omg omg omg stupid things not working GAH!!!!

need more time!

Dany
08-10-2006, 12:05 PM
NooooOoooOOOOoOOoOoo!

Aw, c'mon...if you're good, we might even make it a crate....and get a few Slave Leias to come and feed you grapes during your captivity. That can't be so bad!

LakStLucian
08-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks! It's from Supergirl: Power when she gets hit with black kryptonite she becomes an evil version of herself in a black and silver variation of her costume. If I have enough time (hahaha!) I'm gonna sculpt a piece of kryptonite out of paperclay to have with me as well.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this. My girlfriend and I are going as dark/fetish-y versions of Captain & Mary Marvel. I hope, if we see you, I can get a shot of the three of us!

- J

Darth Takeo
08-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Aw, c'mon...if you're good, we might even make it a crate....and get a few Slave Leias to come and feed you grapes during your captivity. That can't be so bad!
Oh, well that puts a whole different paintjob on things!

Proceed!
:toothy:

EXsoldierSNAKE
08-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Could someone please tell me how DragonCon usually is? I'm really wanting to go with a couple of friends, and since its the only con in Georgia(I think), I get excited just thinking about it. I cant afford to go this year, with the cost of hotel rooms and such, and one of my best friend who I suggested the idea of it to cant go now because hes in the hospital for a good bit, and I dont want to leave him behind. but could someone please tell me how this con usually is?

Darth Takeo
08-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Could someone please tell me how DragonCon usually is? I'm really wanting to go with a couple of friends, and since its the only con in Georgia(I think), I get excited just thinking about it. I cant afford to go this year, with the cost of hotel rooms and such, and one of my best friend who I suggested the idea of it to cant go now because hes in the hospital for a good bit, and I dont want to leave him behind. but could someone please tell me how this con usually is?
Best. Con. Ever.

IMO

...and I do go to a lot of cons.

reannaremick
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Best. Con. Ever.

IMO

...and I do go to a lot of cons.

What he said. It really is the best con everrrrrrrrr. (though not to get off topic, but are you gonna be at Celebration IV Darth?)

However there are more cons in Georgia. If you don't have a big budget I highly recommend MomoCon, it's FREE. And parking is free. So, it's pretty much a win/win on that note.

But there's also Anime Weekend Atlanta, Sci Fi Summer, Atlanta Comic Con is supposed to be resurfacing soon. There's also Frolicon if you're over 18.

EXsoldierSNAKE
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
However there are more cons in Georgia. If you don't have a big budget I highly recommend MomoCon, it's FREE. And parking is free. So, it's pretty much a win/win on that note.

But there's also Anime Weekend Atlanta, Sci Fi Summer, Atlanta Comic Con is supposed to be resurfacing soon. There's also Frolicon if you're over

Could you tell me where these other cons are held at? I'm guessing Atlanta right? I just read about Anime weekend, but where is MomoCon held at? how good of a con is it?

reannaremick
08-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Could you tell me where these other cons are held at? I'm guessing Atlanta right? I just read about Anime weekend, but where is MomoCon held at? how good of a con is it?

They are in Atlanta, yeah. MomoCon is held at Georgia Tech every year. It's a really great con. I've been to a LOT of cons I paid way too much money for that were horrible. MomoCon is free and just a really great time. http://www.onegaistudios.com/momo/ is their website.

fightstar
08-13-2006, 03:01 PM
They are in Atlanta, yeah. MomoCon is held at Georgia Tech every year. It's a really great con. I've been to a LOT of cons I paid way too much money for that were horrible. MomoCon is free and just a really great time. http://www.onegaistudios.com/momo/ is their website.

Very interesting review Reannaremick. I'll have to check this con out. Well, next year of course, but I will put it on my list of 'New Year's Resolutions of 2K7'. See you at Dragon Con my friend.

/smoke bomb
//runs back to work to finish for Dragon Con

Manda
08-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, I'm more calm now. Even after a complete costume re-design for Dawn...I'm on track. Woo!

vampirate
08-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Momocon is tiny however, nothing like the big crazyness of Dragon*Con. Most of the PSCS crew should be at Momocon though, and they're all really nice. And in my opinion AWA is way too overrun with kids who think they're cool because they watch adult swim...

Wah, and why do classes have to start Wednesday! I need all this time before the con to work on costumes for myself, not for my department!

kitsunered
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I know how you feel. Classes start on Monday for me and I've still got two costumes and a set of wings to finish before the con. Not to mention I'm running a game, but at least most of the work is done for that.

Arlette
08-14-2006, 04:24 PM
I've been super sick for about 5 days now and it has put me majorly behind schedule on costume plans. My hubby has been gathering all the materials for a lot of his costumes, but as for what still needs to be sewn...about 6 costumes (or just costume pieces) in 16 days. And I still don't feel well. ;___; I could really use some good vibes.

Darth Takeo
08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I've been super sick for about 5 days now and it has put me majorly behind schedule on costume plans. My hubby has been gathering all the materials for a lot of his costumes, but as for what still needs to be sewn...about 6 costumes (or just costume pieces) in 16 days. And I still don't feel well. ;___; I could really use some good vibes.
You'll make it! This too shall pass! You look very healthy in your avatar! Remember, if it's to be, it's up to me! It's not what happens, it's how you handle it!

/good vibings
:toothy:

reannaremick
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM

I've been sick all day and am really not in the mood to finish up Supergirl after a 9 hour shift, so I feel your pain :( *sends good vibes and lots of chocolate*

Darth Takeo
08-14-2006, 04:42 PM
I've been sick all day and am really not in the mood to finish up Supergirl after a 9 hour shift, so I feel your pain :( *sends good vibes and lots of chocolate*
*sends vitamins and orange juice and vegetables and other health foods*
Ok, so I'm not actually sending them, just recommending them!

Don't forget, rest is overrated.
"If you rest, you rust!" - Helen Hayes

...so make things happen! Don't make your illness your focus else it will bog you down mentally.

SelphieLu
08-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Wow, I feel ya! Not for the sick part, but definitely the whole not wanting to do anything after a 9 hour shift. Luckily we hired more people at my shop or I would have no time for anything!

Wow a little over two weeks till Dragon*con! Yikes!

Dany
08-14-2006, 04:55 PM
All of these sick folks... :( Get better!

In the meantime, I am preparing my stock of Airborne for the trip...

fightstar
08-14-2006, 05:45 PM
*sends vitamins and orange juice and vegetables and other health foods*
Ok, so I'm not actually sending them, just recommending them!

Don't forget, rest is overrated.
"If you rest, you rust!" - Helen Hayes

...so make things happen! Don't make your illness your focus else it will bog you down mentally.

Add some Gingseng to the list!

Darth Takeo
08-24-2006, 10:42 AM
One week from today the Team will be on the road en route to Hot-lanta.

Wow!

Darkkyo
08-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Dang Times flies. Most of my costumes are in the final prep stages. T-minus 7 days and counting

reannaremick
08-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Not enough time! Still sick! GAH! *stress*

It doesn't help that fall semester always starts the week before Dragon Con for me, that is just added work I never need. Oh well, I'm still gonna TRY for 14 costumes, but it might be a few shy of that by a week from now. Here's hoping ^_^ No matter what it's gonna be an awesome con!

Hikaruchan
08-24-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm not committing to any new stuff this time (may try remaking something made before since so short of time), so mainly got some repair work to do.

a-tastic
08-25-2006, 07:26 PM
::sigh::
dangit, they scheduled the MotF contest and the Cosplay contest at the same time.

by the way, if anyone hasn't heard yet, the schedule is now posted on the dragoncon site.

Hikaruchan
08-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Yeah, saw that - there were changes and additions to tentative schedule released earlier. Bree & Fabrications contests are also scheduled against each other. It is sad as I wanted to get pictures at both contests scheduled against each other.

Darth Takeo
08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Monday is almost half over...

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday we depart!

:cheers:

Monicator
08-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Well I'll be back as Cyrax this year again but this time I might be there for all 4 days! ZOMG, 4 days of Chibi LK-4D4 action! :mfg:

TheWickedOne
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
assuming there aren't any last minute problems with work... i'll be i atlanta by 12 noon on friday! huzzah!

hotel's taken care of, ticket's taken care of, all i have to do is some light costume touch up, then do a little grocery shopping.

three more days...

Darth Takeo
08-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Well I'll be back as Cyrax this year again but this time I might be there for all 4 days! ZOMG, 4 days of Chibi LK-4D4 action! :mfg:
Sweet! When do you plan to wear Cyrax? The Team will be doing Mortal Kombat cosplay on Sunday, I believe. It'd be great to get a pic with the almighty Cyrax!

*set self destruct*

reannaremick
08-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I've got to do finishing touches on 4 costumes and 1 that's still yet to be put together at all. >.< I will finish though! Some things might be getting painted IN the hotel room for Sunday, lol, but I'll get done. Can't wait for the con to start though, ready or not! ^_^

Dany
08-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I will try not to hack my lungs out between now and Thursday. Sanding armor does that to you. *cough*hack*wheeze*

fightstar
08-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I will try not to hack my lungs out between now and Thursday. Sanding armor does that to you. *cough*hack*wheeze*

//pats Dany on the back

Hang in there! Go for the El-cheapo filter mask or just turn your head when you are outside. Don't die on us before you get to Dragon Con.

Finally, my Cobra Ninja Warrior is done. Got the last patch sewn on last night. All that remains is last review of car rentals, money arrangements, and driving plan. I'll look for you all at Dragon Con 2K6.

/smoke bomb
/YOINks and away!

Arlette
08-28-2006, 02:59 PM
So I wrote a whole big post and then got logged out! Wheee!

Anyway...

Ayane - 99.9% done. Just need to make the headband.

Black Widow - 100%

Supergirl - 99.5% I need to add beltloops to the skirt.

Inara - 100%

Hubby's costumes:

Mal - 95% (need to make the jacket and suspenders tonight.)

Punisher - 100% (now with more guns and a leather trenchcoat!)

and I think he's bringing his Preacher costume, even though I don't like it. XD

At this rate, I might actually have time to pull another costume out of my ass!

...but please don't let me do that.

AshleyV
08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm so glad that everything (costuming wise) is finished and mostly packed. Now all that is left is to finish packing, read 2 chapters in my Promotion & Advertising class, take 2 quizes in that class, and finish up the Marketing Plan for this semester of recruiting for the Disney College Program.

Monicator
08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Sweet! When do you plan to wear Cyrax? The Team will be doing Mortal Kombat cosplay on Sunday, I believe. It'd be great to get a pic with the almighty Cyrax!

*set self destruct*

Oh I'll be Cyrax the WHOLE time If I go all 4 days LOL Its the only costume I have at the moment v.v I know for SURE i'll be there Saturday...me and my brother will try to go for all 4 days this year so hopefully we'll run into you guys on Sunday and we can have a photoshoot :bigtu: What characters are you guys gonna be? I think self destructing inside the hotel would be potentialy bad for everyone...I can do a friendship on one of you guys tho LOL!

Darth Takeo
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh I'll be Cyrax the WHOLE time If I go all 4 days LOL Its the only costume I have at the moment v.v I know for SURE i'll be there Saturday...me and my brother will try to go for all 4 days this year so hopefully we'll run into you guys on Sunday and we can have a photoshoot :bigtu: What characters are you guys gonna be? I think self destructing inside the hotel would be potentialy bad for everyone...I can do a friendship on one of you guys tho LOL!
I'm doing Noob Saibot, the other Team members are doing Raiden, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero.

I'm sure at very least we'll recognize you. That'd make for a great photo, with all of us!

Arlette
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Forget what I said before about trying not to pull another costume out of my ass. I totally did.

That's what happens when I finish stuff several days before the con!

Monicator
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm doing Noob Saibot, the other Team members are doing Raiden, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero.

I'm sure at very least we'll recognize you. That'd make for a great photo, with all of us!

Yeah, that'll be cool. The Chibi Cyrax looks forward to it :toothy: I'll be on a search mission from hotel to hotel for you guys LOL

Sarisa
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Black Widow - 100%

!!!

When are you wearing this? Black Widow is one of my favourite Marvel characters, and I would love to get pictures or something. Or just fangirl, you know, in general. xD

Arlette
08-30-2006, 09:44 AM
!!!

When are you wearing this? Black Widow is one of my favourite Marvel characters, and I would love to get pictures or something. Or just fangirl, you know, in general. xD

Awwww! Hahaha...I'm probably wearing it the first time on Friday afternoon with my hubby as Punisher since we'll have a Marvel thing going on, and I may wear it again on Saturday since it's actually really comfy.

Hope to see you! Don't be afraid to come up and say hi because sometimes I think people think I have cooties or something. ^_~ I'll be the very SHORT Black Widow.

Brittany Bunny
08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I have to finish my costume tonight...I'm so bad! Anyone else still finishing anything up, or am I the only crazy one?

reannaremick
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I have to finish my costume tonight...I'm so bad! Anyone else still finishing anything up, or am I the only crazy one?

Haha, I still have to do finishing touches on like.....5 costumes. It's mostly little stuff, but still. No you are not alone ^_^ Lucky for me I'm local so I can even finish stuff tomorrow easily. It's probably still gonna be an all-nighter!

Eurobeat King
08-30-2006, 12:01 PM
I still need to pack.. and with the new security measures in-place, I have to makesure most of my stuff is in my backpack which i have to check-in. :untrust: That includes my costume, clothes, batteries, etc.

fightstar
08-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I still need to pack.. and with the new security measures in-place, I have to makesure most of my stuff is in my backpack which i have to check-in. :untrust: That includes my costume, clothes, batteries, etc.

NEW Security measures??? Oh dear, looks like I need to read up on the Dragon Con website, again. Eurobeat King-dono, you wouldn't happen to have a link to said 'new security measures' would you?

Darth Takeo
08-30-2006, 04:14 PM
NEW Security measures??? Oh dear, looks like I need to read up on the Dragon Con website, again. Eurobeat King-dono, you wouldn't happen to have a link to said 'new security measures' would you? New security measures ala flying I believe EBK means, not con security. No liquids or gels are allowed in carry-on baggage, along with other odds and ends.

fightstar
08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks Darth Takeo! For a moment there I thought I was going to walk into D*C unprepared. I do NOT want to give security a hard time. I have nothing but respect for the men and women who volenter to keep us safe and keep things happy, peaceful and moving.

TheWickedOne
08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
i have finishing touches on my squall costume. it's being mildly amped up from last year. the leather pants are being taken in so they'll fit tight and i've ditched the feather trim on the jacket collar, as all the feathers were starting to fall out. i've also picked up some crosses for the necklace and gunblade chain. i'm hoping the small changes add up to a big difference in a good way, know what i mean?

as far as cyclops goes... it's a street clothes version, so i have to pack the clothes and visor. my zombie make-up will be carried by my friend and if i do the dentist from little shop of horrors, the nitrous oxide backpack and mask still have to be constructed.

i think the gaggle of nuns with guns is back in question. there may be four of us... we'll see, that may be a friday night thing.

most nights you may see my friends and i dressed as raging alcoholics, do not be fooled, this isn't real a costume as much as it is a way of life.

everyone seems to have some really kick-butt costumes lined up this year and i can't wait to see you all! i have a feeling i'll be loading up my camara and running back to the room to upload the pics constantly! (to make room for more)

we're gonna have a great time this year guys!
thewickedone (the skarecrow)

vampirate
08-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Waahhh! Finishing up details on one costume. Still have to buy drinks and pack!!

Monicator
08-31-2006, 10:24 PM
ZOMG ITS TOMARROW ZOMG!!! :mfg: *Looking at the clock every 5 minutes* Cyrax cant wait! LOL

DalaiLiam
09-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Umm No it's opening in about an hour.