PDA

View Full Version : anime con "raves"

StereoLab
03-10-2003, 11:21 PM
i think its funny how once a dj plays a bunch of bad trance music in a small inclosed area with a dance floor, a dance automatically turns into a rave.

peaseblossom
03-10-2003, 11:49 PM
*lol* Never been to a rave, but I know a few actual "ravers". The con raves sound kinda funny. Like a kindergarten Kool Aid birthday cake rave--which--isn't a rave. :p

KANEDA
03-11-2003, 01:20 AM
rave died in 1992.
I mean if you wanna know shit about underground electronic music... ASK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and another thing... FUCK TRANCE!!!!

I GOT A BASS DEGREE
IT'S MY PHD
COMPLIMENTS OF HARD BEATS UNIVERSITY

Flexei
03-11-2003, 11:16 AM
I am not going to claim to be some sort of "authority" on electronic music or "raves", but I used to go to "raves" now and then back when I was in High School/early college. For a while they were fun. The music wasn't too bad, and there really wasn't an overabundance of drug use or anything.. people were there to have a good time, listen to music, and dance. Then it seemed like more club kid, valley girl, rich bitch types started going to them. The music got worse (just House music ALL the time), and it seemed like people were there only for the drugs (and glowsticks galore for the trippy light trails). That's when I stopped going.
It seems now that the con "raves" are attempting to emulate the crappy "raves" that most people seemed to need drugs to enjoy.. but without the drugs... but they sure do have the glowsticks.

IdatenMiki
03-11-2003, 11:34 AM
*nods at Flexei's post* thats true.... i never really go to school dances anymore (if i do its only to hang out with friends) because they never have good music, all rap and things around that line, stuff you cant dance too. the J-rock/ J-pop rave at Anime North wasnt that bad... only i really wouldnt drink the water.... it didnt look right last year, it looked like someone might've spiked it or something. but anywho

KANEDA
03-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by IdatenMiki
*nods at Flexei's post* thats true.... i never really go to school dances anymore (if i do its only to hang out with friends) because they never have good music, all rap and things around that line, stuff you cant dance too. the J-rock/ J-pop rave at Anime North wasnt that bad... only i really wouldnt drink the water.... it didnt look right last year, it looked like someone might've spiked it or something. but anywho

what everyone seems to overlook is that these are NOT raves...
unless they are illegal warehouse parties from the late 80's - early 90's

Oshidori
03-11-2003, 07:28 PM
raves were still going strong, in this city (and detroit of course), till about '97.

But what Flexei said is true, it pretty much started getting trendy, and it became all about what and how much you 'did' and what you wore. As soon as i started seeing mass produced professional flyers for parties at legitimate venues, i knew it was all over.

I miss the old days though, when you always had to be in the loop to know where everything was. It was always so much fun to find the parties too. ::sigh:: makes me feel old sometimes, especially when you see the new candy ravers walking about thinknig now is the golden age when it's already passed.

I blame MTV's AMP and Jungle for the downfall...grr ::shakes fist::

I wonder how the status of Goa parties are doing, those always surpassed the american parties, IMO

IdatenMiki
03-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by KANEDA
what everyone seems to overlook is that these are NOT raves...
unless they are illegal warehouse parties from the late 80's - early 90's

*sigh* alright alright, yes i know that technically their not raves. they call it that though, so i call it that. yes, i know what a rave is i may be young but i'm not that young.

Flexei
03-11-2003, 08:45 PM
I miss the old days though, when you always had to be in the loop to know where everything was. It was always so much fun to find the parties too. ::sigh:: makes me feel old sometimes, especially when you see the new candy ravers walking about thinknig now is the golden age when it's already passed.

Heh.. I remember many times frantically calling trying to find out exactly where the "party" was going to be... one time getting there and finding it was moved some 2 hours away... was all part of the fun. :)

The last "rave" I remeber being really cool was called Tunnel
Vision in Pittsburgh, and that was 95 i think. It was actually in the Liberty Tunnels that led into Pittsburgh. The promoters apparently wrote the city and told them they were filming a movie and asked if they could have the tunnel shut down one night. Somehow it worked... granted, it wasn't the cleanest venue... but just thinking about how the hell they pulled it off and being in the tunnel was really neat and really weird.

Oshidori
03-12-2003, 12:08 AM
here we would have the Brooklyn vs detroit parties, under the brooklyn bridge...those were my favorite!

Or one called April Foolz...you had to figure out puzzles to get to that one!! I remember one year when we called the hotline, it made it as if it was a joke and you just got a recording of someone laughing at you and calling you a sucker and the sound of a 'click' as if the thing automatically diconnected. After a few hundred or so tries, we realized the click was just a sound effect, stayed on the line, and then a full 5 minutes later heard another recording, this time only a short clip of that Bel Biv Devoe song 'Poison'. Lucky for us, i remembered somewhere around Cypress Hills Brooklyn that there are 3 streets, Bell St, Beve St, and Devoe Sts (i don't even think Beve even exists anymore) that were tiny streets that were parallel to each other, but across from them merged into one street, since the streets were only no more than half a block long (more like an alley) and created a sort of 3-pronged fork in the road. When we go there, on the abandoned building that was the merging point of the fork there was a peice thrown up by Tischer i think at the time that looked newer than all the other peices, that actually had the directions of the party's actual location *in* the peice (only a few blocks away at an old armory) We didn't get to that party till about 3 am, but it was soo worth it and so much fun just to look for it.

::snif:: aww the good ol' days...

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Oshidori
raves were still going strong, in this city (and detroit of course), till about '97.

But what Flexei said is true, it pretty much started getting trendy, and it became all about what and how much you 'did' and what you wore. As soon as i started seeing mass produced professional flyers for parties at legitimate venues, i knew it was all over.

I blame MTV's AMP and Jungle for the downfall...grr ::shakes fist::

I wonder how the status of Goa parties are doing, those always surpassed the american parties, IMO

hmmm ...by '97 though that music was pretty dead.
things had evolved wayyyy beyond it.

annnnd...
how can you blame jungle? jungle was totally seperate for the most part. and it has been around since 92 -93 anyways....

plus even if jungle did destroy it.. that's a good thing.
something new has to come along and kill the old.
only when the old has died, the new will have a chance to be born.

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 12:48 AM
how dare this "rave" and "electronic" music move from the underground! how DARE it get popular! The second it got semi-popular, and more people knew what it was, it died. Just like real rock-n-roll and real punk and real hard rock. Dead. But i was a part of it all, so that means i'm "hardcore".

^.~ raves always go on in my town, but i hear about them the day after >.<

As for anime "raves" or "dances", at animazement they play crap anime theme remixes and some semi-good ddr music on someone's computer hooked up to speakers. it kind of sucks. If the music *was* techno or trance, then i'd be happy ^_^

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 01:04 AM
you dunno what you're talking about... so. yeah...

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 01:10 AM
who says you do? :P
Music, especially popular music, is all about opinion and what effects you.
Since I probably know a hell of a lot more about Hello! project than you do, does that make me an authority on Japanese music? hell no, i can't even pronounce some of those names ^^

Michi
03-12-2003, 02:05 AM
rave n.
3. An all-night dance party, especially one where techno, house, or other electronically synthesized music is played.

...yes? ^_^;

I barely go to anime con dances anyway. @_x Never been my thing, unless I'm in the mood, which was.. once or twice. ^^;

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Himemiya
who says you do? :P
Music, especially popular music, is all about opinion and what effects you.
Since I probably know a hell of a lot more about Hello! project than you do, does that make me an authority on Japanese music? hell no, i can't even pronounce some of those names ^^

well ...seeing as how I'm on DIGITAL HARDCORE RECORDINGS...
(Atari Teenage Riot's label)...
I think I can have some say-so in this subject. ^_~
hehehe

see, originally this music was a slap-in-the-face to "popular music". it wasn't meant for the masses.
then clowns like Prodigy get famous for ripping off the breakbeat underground.

I am a bit of an authority on the evolution of underground electronic music(s).

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 02:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Michi
[b]rave n.
3. An all-night dance party, especially one where techno, house, or other electronically synthesized music is played.

...yes? ^_^;
[QUOTE]

hmmmm not reallllly.
that's pretty broad and general.... whoever wrote that left out ALOT of key info.

Michi
03-12-2003, 02:52 AM
hmmmm not reallllly.
that's pretty broad and general.... whoever wrote that left out ALOT of key info.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

^_^;

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 02:59 AM
WELL GOOD FOR THE DICTIONARY LOL

but I doubt the people that work there thrived on techno and acid-house 13 years ago...

raves are illegal partys.. that is the MAIN part that makes it a rave. otherwise it's just a party.
people can still have raves.. but the true culture died 11 years ago.

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 10:04 AM
(Atari Teenage Riot's label)...
I think I can have some say-so in this subject. ^_~
hehehe

see, originally this music was a slap-in-the-face to "popular music". it wasn't meant for the masses.
then clowns like Prodigy get famous for ripping off the breakbeat underground.

So since avril lavigne is on a record label and has sold a million kajillion records and calls her self "punk" and says she writes her own songs... she's an authority on punk? =P

ShingoBunny
03-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Never gone to a con dance. >>; I'm glad I didn't go to it; I had a lot more fun just waiting for my friends outside, and I met a lot of people. When I did go in finally, it was practically over XDDD.

Oshidori
03-12-2003, 11:56 AM

ahhh name-dropping. Always a sign of legitimacy.

is that a fact? How much of it were you physically apart of?

I've got a helluva sweet tooth and can smell sugar a mile away...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-12-2003, 03:39 PM
I like the con dances..sheesh...if you guys don't like it, then don't go, simple as that.

StereoLab
03-12-2003, 04:24 PM
i don't go to any. and i'm in a ifeellikebashingbadtrancemusic mood. so i'm going to complain about con dances all i want. besides, im enjoying this "who is a bigger rave-culture-scene elitist" argument that spawned from my thread

good times

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
So since avril lavigne is on a record label and has sold a million kajillion records and calls her self "punk" and says she writes her own songs... she's an authority on punk? =P

um no...
plus she already admitted she doesn't know shit about punk.

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Oshidori
ahhh name-dropping. Always a sign of legitimacy.

is that a fact? How much of it were you physically apart of?

I've got a helluva sweet tooth and can smell sugar a mile away...

see this kinda shows me you dunno too much about any of it at all.
hey if you wanna talk about the evolution.. lets talk; Force Inc, Riot Beats, Mille Plateaux, Praxis, Position Chrome...

no, not name dropping... just pointing out that if those labels don't ring a bell.. you probably dunno too much.

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by StereoLab
i don't go to any. and i'm in a ifeellikebashingbadtrancemusic mood. so i'm going to complain about con dances all i want. besides, im enjoying this "who is a bigger rave-culture-scene elitist" argument that spawned from my thread

good times

actually i hate rave culture pretty much. it has to have the right spirit for it to be cool..... but sadly most of the music is soooo weak and lame.....

Michi
03-12-2003, 06:24 PM
o_o; You don't have to post thrice in a row just to reply to three different posts... ^_^;

I have nothing else to say in this thread, otherwise. I think it's getting silly. :X

peaseblossom
03-12-2003, 06:57 PM
I'd have to agree that this is getting kinda silly. I think you guys should agree to disagree... but then again, that's just my little opinion.

rpd_girl
03-12-2003, 07:01 PM
hmmm... angst. yeah. I agree. and is the embodiment of electronica and industrial. but, I'm sure you'd disagree.

and anime "dances" I find to be lame... but you know... as long as you have fun, do what you like. :)

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 07:01 PM
I agree that Kaneda is name dropping and NOT an authority on any type of music! :)

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 07:10 PM
I agree that Kaneda is name dropping and NOT an authority on any type of music! :)

LOL right right...
and YOU'RE the authority to say I'm not one, right?
whatever whatever
well I mean.. what cred do you have in this scene?

REPLICANT IMPULSE.... right there, man...
http://www.digitalhardcore.com/News_Item.asp?News_ID=83

not to mention the japanese fan sites....
http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/dhr/dfwu003.htm

those pics are actually from a kind of "rave" we threw.
the L.A.P.D. broke it up. that was fun shit though...

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by rpd_girl
hmmm... angst. yeah. I agree. and is the embodiment of electronica and industrial. but, I'm sure you'd disagree.

and anime "dances" I find to be lame... but you know... as long as you have fun, do what you like. :)

hehe yeah most anime dances totally suck it.

AX dances USED to be cool back in the day though...
back when they'd play cool shit like Sharon Apple, Evangelion dance mixes, Violent Femmes, alot of good 80's stuff....

now it's sponsored by Bandai... so all that's allowed now is nameless faceless BORING weak trance.

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 07:39 PM
everything was cool "back in the day" huh? ^.~

I just hate it when people think their opinion on music is somehow better or more important than someone elses. We're all on a pretty level playing field, with a few people being more educated in some places. You are educated in that scene, I'm educated in classical music and singing major works. If I say "The carmina burana is the best work EVER!" just because i know what the carmina burana is, played it, and sang it, doesn't mean I'm right. know what im saying?

Flexei
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
I feel the problem here is not who's an actual authority on what type of music, but the condescending, "i'm better than everyone" attitude. It's that very attitude which "kills" scenes. I find it rather ironic hearing "rave died in 1992" from someone with the very attitude that killed it in the first place.
Really, all the boastful, "I'm on a record label! That makes me so cool!" talk just sounds like someone desperately trying to convince them self of how great they are. I know the only person who he could possibly fool into thinking he's great is himself.

Morrissey
03-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Dances at AX should have more hip hop. At a few anime dance remixes and some old 80's and I'll think the danvce would be allot better.

StereoLab
03-12-2003, 10:13 PM
hehe yeah most anime dances totally suck it.

AX dances USED to be cool back in the day though...
back when they'd play cool shit like Sharon Apple, Evangelion dance mixes, Violent Femmes, alot of good 80's stuff....

now it's sponsored by Bandai... so all that's allowed now is nameless faceless BORING weak trance.

whoa they played violent femmes at AX dances? weird

Michi
03-12-2003, 10:15 PM
I honestly think ANIME con dances should be playing.. anime music remixes... and Jpop.. and that's it. o_o; Go somewhere else if you want real trance and shit, or whatever's being complained about.

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Flexei
I feel the problem here is not who's an actual authority on what type of music, but the condescending, "i'm better than everyone" attitude. It's that very attitude which "kills" scenes. I find it rather ironic hearing "rave died in 1992" from someone with the very attitude that killed it in the first place.
Really, all the boastful, "I'm on a record label! That makes me so cool!" talk just sounds like someone desperately trying to convince them self of how great they are. I know the only person who he could possibly fool into thinking he's great is himself.

#1. it's GOOD that it's dead. the D.I.Y. punk ethics that it started out with died out by 1991 or so.

#2. I'm not putting out any attitude here. I'm not being condecending. look at the posts. I wasn't attacking anyone. and for NO reason, I'm made out to know nothing of the music that I MYSELF am deeply involved with.
it's your perception. you're all taking shit the wrong way 'cause you're all pretty uneducated in this scene...and for no reason jump to the conclusion that I dunno what I'm talking about.

#3. I know this isn't a music website.. so I shouldn't expect ANY of you to understand the complxitys of this genre. But I will continue to stand my ground.
On music sites, I have none of these problems. 'cause they know what they're talking about... so they know I know what I'm talking about too.

#4. yeah I make music. yet you all seem to act like I must still know NOTHING of music. ...hmm...see now... this is MY area. this is MY field. I'm not being elitest, but this IS my livlyhood. once you all start making tracks in this genre and getting them distributed all around the world... maybe we can talk on the same level.

I mean.. besides what I'm doing is totally different than anything any of you have probably ever heard anyways. it's not for clubs and shit. and you can't brainlessly dance to it. it kicks you in the soul...

I could go one and on and on about music in here..
and the mid-range riot frequencies, etc, etc, etc..
but I doubt anyone would understand.. or even be willing to learn.

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by StereoLab
whoa they played violent femmes at AX dances? weird

yep AX98...
"Blister In The Sun"

best dance... EVER.

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 10:51 PM
::rolls eyes:: well, at least YOU KNOW you are the master of all things punk and rave and whatnot ^.~

*TRANCE* kicks me in the soul. Trance makes my brain work in a different way, and makes me think and listen and makes everything around me work. But thats me, and what i've heard. You make music, so thats what you like. And since no one has heard of your music, you'll be the only one to like it anyways :)

And why do you do one post right after another when you could just hit "edit"?

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 11:08 PM
::rolls eyes:: well, at least YOU KNOW you are the master of all things punk and rave and whatnot ^.~

*TRANCE* kicks me in the soul. Trance makes my brain work in a different way, and makes me think and listen and makes everything around me work. But thats me, and what i've heard. You make music, so thats what you like. And since no one has heard of your music, you'll be the only one to like it anyways :)

And why do you do one post right after another when you could just hit "edit"?

well actually I got fans and shit... so yeah.. that's cool. mostly in Japan and Germany. but all over the world really..

and I post one right after the other 'cause I'm responding to a person at a time. ..anything wrong with that? LOL

Himemiya
03-12-2003, 11:29 PM
[Band I post one right after the other 'cause I'm responding to a person at a time. ..anything wrong with that? LOL [/B]

wouldn't it be easier, and cut down on the posts (so everyone doesn't have to scroll through fourteen posts all by the same guy)
to just READ all the posts before you reply, or copy and paste, or something? =P

I have fans too ^.~ They're mostly from my church, and my girlfriend is my fan ^.^

Michi
03-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Posting multiple times in a row isn't allowed on most boards, as it's known as spamming.. I haven't seen such rules here, but it's simply common courtesy not to post so much at once. If you're replying to multiple people, open the thread in a new window or copy & paste if you must.

Oshidori
03-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Wow. That was fascinating to read in it's own rite. I think waaay too much attention has been placed on this portion of the thread. So you know what Kaneda? You know everything about everything. I've learned my lesson and I promise I won't ever question that ever again. :: pat pat::

aaaa-ny-ways, back to the others that do not currently reside in la-la land, i don't really have a problem with the anime 'raves'. My thing has always been, if theres a rhythmn, i'll dance to it (or not even haha), and i could care less as to what it's being called as long as i'm having fun. It is kinda cute that they call them raves, but it doesn't really bother me or offend me that they do.

I think what others like myself were trying to say about it 'being great in the old days' was because it was a lot of fun the way things were, and in more recent years a lot of what made it fun was gone when it hit mainstream, because the best part *was* the secrecy and sneaking around and going on missions to find out where things were. Now that it's mainstream, these things can be held at established venues, are easily accessible, and no longer hold that romantic 'secret society' aspect to it. There was no elitist thing about it either, all walks of life attended these parties, and there was an instant sense of unity as to why we were all there and a kinship immediately established for this joint interest. Now, it's the same as going to any old club. Because of the rebelious rep that ravers established for themselves because of what was involved with this sort of lifestyle, the newer generations are still taken in by that romanticism, and would like to think that they can be apart of it too now, when it's not really there anymore. However, they seemed to have missed the point as to how these things were, and have held on to the more negative aspects of it (ridiculous drug abuse, elitist behavior, set dress code and all that), because those were the things that caught people's attention about these parties, and have thus become synonomous with them. And since this is what they're starting off with, this is what they expect at these functions, and intend on participating in. So the flavor has changed drastically to the point where it's like you're not even eating the same food anymore.

At a few anime dance remixes and some old 80's and I'll think the danvce would be allot better.

here here! I HEART 80's music! :D

KANEDA
03-12-2003, 11:51 PM
alls I know... is that if this were a forum about cars...and there was a dood that was a veteran mechanic....
I would know that he knows what he's talking about.

now.. I guess people would rather point fingers than to actually learn about the history of this genere.... O.K fine.
but if you wanna talk about the nu-skool rave scene, we can.

Something J, DJ Maxximus, some DJ Scud, Rephlex, Warp Records, etc, etc..

anybody? anybody?

not too much to say about anime dances really.
the last one i was at was NDK.. and that was 95% lame too.
all they played was trance... and then like a little hip hop..
then they played some 2-step (which they were actually calling jungle. guh!)

Arisa
03-18-2003, 09:57 PM
oo; All I'll say is that I like con dances. Hey, it got Chino to put his arms around me.... :D Hehe.

Michi
03-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Kaneda, if you have such a problem with anime dances.. Why don't you contact some con and offer to DJ for them? :P

Even though I think music you speak of should be saved for real dances and not anime cons... where anime/Japanese music would be more expected. o_O I wish. x.x;

Adella
03-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Ya then our dances would be SOOOOOOO IN cuz Kaneda would be the DJ!!!!!!! :D :D

KANEDA
03-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Kaneda, if you have such a problem with anime dances.. Why don't you contact some con and offer to DJ for them? :P

Even though I think music you speak of should be saved for real dances and not anime cons... where anime/Japanese music would be more expected. o_O I wish. x.x;

Well there's no way they'd probably let me spin anything cool.
con people are REALLY uptight about shit like that.

but I DO think they it should mostly be anime music.
not even so much j-pop.... but ANIME music.

Michi
03-18-2003, 10:55 PM
There's all kinds of cons. Not all of them are uptight. ~_x

<3 Aeris. ^____^

Maryssa
03-18-2003, 10:55 PM
If there was an expert on cars he certainly would not have to state over and over how he knows everything and how he works for so-and-so company and how it proves he knows everything.

No one really cares, and you are being a jerk about everything. Please tone it down.

KANEDA
03-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
Ya then our dances would be SOOOOOOO IN cuz Kaneda would be the DJ!!!!!!! :D :D

actually no... 'cause I wouldn't DARE spin weak shit that normal people could dance to. I'm subversive.

so no.. it wouldn't be IN at all.

"If you're into it, I'm out of it."

Michi
03-18-2003, 10:58 PM
actually no... 'cause I wouldn't DARE spin weak shit that normal people could dance to. I'm subversive.

Then.. why.. are you complaining so much about them? Stick to the places you spin at... and go to some local club near the con instead of their dance if you want.. y'know?

KANEDA
03-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
If there was an expert on cars he certainly would not have to state over and over how he knows everything and how he works for so-and-so company and how it proves he knows everything.

No one really cares, and you are being a jerk about everything. Please tone it down.

I wouldn't have to state shit over and over IF people wouldn't gimme their crap. LOL ^_~

Michi
03-18-2003, 11:00 PM
If anyone gave you crap it's because you started acting bigheaded about music in the first place. ~_~

Adella
03-18-2003, 11:33 PM

Oh but KANEDA! They should DEFINATELY let you spin because EVERYTHING you say is obviously more cool than anything anyone else would ever listen to! So how could they turn YOU down? :heart:

I wouldn't have to state shit over and over IF people wouldn't gimme their crap. LOL ^_~

You throw crap you get it thrown back ^_~

I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU YOU'RE ALL STUPID AND SUCK AND I KNOW EVERYTHING!

KANEDA
03-18-2003, 11:41 PM
well I can't help it if that's the truth LOL

^. ~;``

sh-sh-shaaawww

Adella
03-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Well we can't help it if we throw your crap at you :) :heart:

Miyu
03-19-2003, 12:15 AM
oh my lord. this is utterly retarded.

anime con dances play music that con-goers like. con-goers are anime fans.. thus they like anime remixes and j-pop and techno, etc.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BOTHER GOING.

if KANEDA DJed an anime dance I can assure you 95% of the ppl attending would hate the music and leave. The DJs there play the music that the common majority of attendees enjoy. If you can't dig it don't fucking throw a tantrum like a 6-year-old child... just leave. ^_^

Kellie
03-19-2003, 10:14 AM
o_o I enjoy the con dances. Sure they're sometimes hot and sweaty, but its fun.

O_o and I thought that was what this thread was for .. not starting a huge argument over who knows more. :D

StereoLab
03-19-2003, 01:13 PM
i guess my main concern is since when have con dances become con raves (i heard people refer to it as "raves" in the other forums)? Even though AX 98 played stuff from the top 40s (I remember MA$E was big then), but they also played a fair amount of anime songs. So its a little something for everyone. But now all they play is trance, which results in a lot of idiots showing off their raving skills.

and please don't tell me "If you don't like it, than don't go." I paid good money to attend these events, and if there's something I would like to see improved i think I have the right to voice my opinion.

P-chan
03-19-2003, 07:06 PM
after reading everything that this thread has to offer. I agree that anime raves are cool.... basically if a person is a person that person will act like a person. the person is unique in their own way. Kaneda is alright, and everyone else.... is alright. When people dance they dance because they want to... deep down it happens and that is what happens... I kinda forgot what i was talking about but you know... I will be the first one on the floor at the dances dancing my head off because i want to. I love to dance, some people love music and i do too. but i love dance. I dance... I love it. so if you wanna join me, then join... I somewhat enjoyed reading all the posts on this thread. it makes me think that all the people at cons are REAL people... not just people that go for the product they go because it is something bigger then staying at home. ... I am hungry.

Lil Dreamer
03-21-2003, 03:35 PM
since i work for the porn industry, i could SOOO spew out technical mumbo-jumbo and industry lingo to show everybody how they don't know what real good porn is just to mock Kaneda. but... i'll pro'lly get modded for that and just say that your tastes are shit chris. your tastes are a product of rebellion to what society entails u to like. u are nothing but sheep who try to go against the flow of what the majority likes to convince yerself that u are an individual and that u are unique but, in reality, is caught up with more sheep who are programmed to hate what society gives them. u and your kind cannot think for themeselves and need the media or what-have-u to tell u what u can or cannot like. u are no different than those u belittle. your tastes are no better than anyones, and your music is no more soul-ful than any Britney or Christina songs.

Nipple. :)

Viral Harvest
03-21-2003, 03:52 PM
heh, I think ALL raves are pretty cheezy. But hey, that's just me. ;)

KANEDA
03-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Lil Dreamer
since i work for the porn industry, i could SOOO spew out technical mumbo-jumbo and industry lingo to show everybody how they don't know what real good porn is just to mock Kaneda. but... i'll pro'lly get modded for that and just say that your tastes are shit chris. your tastes are a product of rebellion to what society entails u to like. u are nothing but sheep who try to go against the flow of what the majority likes to convince yerself that u are an individual and that u are unique but, in reality, is caught up with more sheep who are programmed to hate what society gives them. u and your kind cannot think for themeselves and need the media or what-have-u to tell u what u can or cannot like. u are no different than those u belittle. your tastes are no better than anyones, and your music is no more soul-ful than any Britney or Christina songs.

O.K bro, keep acting like you know.

Lil Dreamer
03-21-2003, 07:15 PM
O.K bro, keep acting like you know.

good advice. i see u've started to spread the motto of your existence.

Michi
03-21-2003, 07:17 PM
...I love how you keep randomly attaching these pictures, Kaneda. Is there a meaning to it, or you just reminding us of your status?

KANEDA
03-21-2003, 07:19 PM
well the shit I'm involved with is harder than the rest...
soooo ...any of the mainstream boring music listeners couldn't fathom it anyway...

Lil Dreamer
03-21-2003, 07:20 PM
well the shit I'm involved with is harder than the rest...
soooo ...any of the mainstream boring music listeners couldn't fathom it anyway...

they probably wouldn't want to. the shit your involved with is just that; shit.

Michi
03-21-2003, 07:32 PM
This thread is so going to be closed soon... Sometimes I wish I was a mod. ^_^;

Maryssa
03-21-2003, 08:16 PM
*cough*

POOF!