PDA

View Full Version : Chii Dress Help!

Sieneko
08-05-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm making the butterfly dress from a manga cover (see attachment). I've figured out everything except for one thing...

Attaching the bow to the back of the dress! I will be wiring it with a thin lightweight wire to make it stay up and keep it's shape, but I'm unsure of how to attach it to the dress seeing as how there's VERY little fabric to work with back there.

Any ideas? I need suggestions quick as the convention I'm going to is in two weeks! :bigcry:

Laurelin
08-05-2006, 02:14 PM
If you are wiring it anyway, I would continue the wire (though you may want a slightly heavier wire) into a loop facing down. Make a pocket in the back of the dress to fit the loop fairly tightly, preferably with some stiff interfacing to help it hold the weight. You may also want to make it extra secure by tying ribbons or something through the pocket and around the wire.

Hope that made gives you some idea of what I mean, I'm exhausted from too much late-night sewing so I'm not making a lot of sense generally!

Sieneko
08-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Ah, interfacing! Genius! I'll definitely pick some up next time I'm at the store. I was thinking of the pocket idea, I just hadn't thought to use interfacing. :P

Thanks for the help! I'll experiment around with the wiring here soon.

Cosplay_Kitten
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Well I made this costume and what I did was since I made the tails and bow seperate I attached each tail to the back first then I put the bow with safety pins or you can sew it. Thats what I did and you couldn't even see the safety pin and it keeps it up, but if you need anymore help you can PM me. Good luck with the bow on your costume!

Celeste_Orchid
08-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I would make the wired wings attach to the skirt part right where the lacing ends on the back.