PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Cosplayers @ AFest

Pages : [1] 2

Cat-Chans
08-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey Bleachers, I'm planing the bleach shoot and meet up at A-fest.
There is no set time yet, but I'm betting on some time late afternoon friday.

I will post an offical time after my volunteer shedual has arrived and the imput of my fellow bleach cosplayers.

In the mean time...tell us who you're going to be cosplaying.

EDIT
Offical Bleach Shoot
6pm
Saturday
Meet on the Patio

Fountain Place Bleach Shoot
2:00pm
Saturday
Meet at the Fountain and walk to the fountain place

FLYER
PLZ Print and share with BLEACHers you see at the con
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2369/bleachshootcd5.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bleachshootcd5.jpg)

chouzan
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Friday will work out a lot better for me since I'll be wearing Misa most of Saturday. I won't have to change back and forth. O_o
Cat-chan I beg to have the Bleach photoshoot sometime after 7pm! T__T
Like I said, 6pm will be the absolute earliest I can get to AFest, if there are no hinderances. I would die if I missed the Bleach shoot! D:

I'll be cosplaying Hiyori Sarugaki.
Vaizard in your face! o:

ZakuKitty
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Don't know when we are doing it but I have friends I am cosplaying with in our Bleach costumes. I have three different versions of Shuuhei. I will attempt to wear one of them to whatever meet is scheduled. >>

Cat-Chans
08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
D:
OK
I'll try...but I just told the YGO people I was goodish on Friday night
D:

I'm begining to think I have too many costumes planed for this con.
BUT
I'll figure something out
D:<

chouzan
08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
uh oh!
Well I'm sure things will work out.

You DO have a lot of cosplays, Cat-chan! It's because you're awesome like that. o:
It'd be easier to figure things out if they would get out a basic schedule. It's not like we're asking for J-video times or anything... just big events and volunteer schedules! >_<

Three versions of Shuuhei? Awesome-o!

HackerEd
08-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Yachiru is planned to be finished by then. I can't wait to look cute^^

Cat-Chans
08-09-2006, 12:19 AM
AND I can't wait to see you look cute
(and cookies D: so good)

chouzan
08-09-2006, 12:47 AM
OH MY GAWD we need to get you a Kenpachi! o:
Or do you already have one?

orangepassion
08-09-2006, 03:07 AM
I'm going as Yachiru as well but sldakjflskdjn I can't make it on Friday so yeah. <_<;

gundammrw
08-09-2006, 10:31 AM
I'll be there as Grimmjaw from the manga.

chouzan
08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I'll be there as Grimmjaw from the manga.

Your complete cosplay list... is probably more awesome than any I have seen.
What with all the Bleach, Naruto, AND School Rumble...
There aren't many School Rumble fans out there, sadly enough.

Rachael-chan
08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Does have to be on Friday? My friend and I are gonna be Jinta and Ururu on Saturday and Yuzu and Karin on Sunday.

musicalmafia
08-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I'll be there with my Il Forte costume. Arrancars WUT! =D

Friday isn't good for me, I have school. :\ I haven't quite decided what day I'm wearing this one on, but whenever I do, I want to be able to get with Mel-Mel-Chan and Gundammrw for pictures. Well, who knows. :P

chouzan
08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Sunday would be the best day for me as far as a Bleach photoshoot goes. That way I wouldn't have to rush in on Friday (and right now it actually looks like I might not even make Friday due to 'technical' reasons).

Oh man, lots of good Bleach cosplays are going to be at AFest... I'm excited! :o

mel-mel-chan
08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I so far don't have any real set times yet as I've said before. Will be Ulquiorra with ninjafiend and gundammrw for sure and will also be cosplaying Kira as well. So whenever things end up together I just need to figure out what to wear. We could try doing two or something. Like we could do one friday night and then do another one sometime sunday since that'd be good for some of our friday goers who can't get there yet on friday.

Cat-Chans
08-10-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't want to go with Saturday or Sunday at this point untill the announce the cosplay day. But, it looks like a lot of you wouldn't be able to make a Friday time so hopefully they'll get the sheduals out soon so we can do it on a different day.

Koda89
08-10-2006, 01:12 AM
I MAY bring my Kira outfit....not the best thing in the world, though.....

chouzan
08-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I like the idea of having two, considering that many can't make Friday, and others have more than one Bleach outfit. It seemed like two shoots worked well at A-kon, anyway. We can always work around the main events.

The cosplay contest was announced for Sunday.
So, I'll be wearing Misa that day since I kind of promised my friend I would. O_o We might do a walk-on, depending on the kind of job our supposed Raito does with his outfit.

So now that I know when the cosplay contest is, Friday evening (after 6pm) and Saturday are the best Bleach photoshoot days for me.

Cat-Chans
08-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Alrighty
Saturday is shaping up to be a good day it seems
Hopefully I'll get my schedual soon so I'll know how early I can hold it.
I can just wear Orihime while I'm working and go straight for the shoot after I get off (since I belive the CCS photoshoot is supposed to be on Saturday too)

musicalmafia
08-11-2006, 02:06 PM
The contest's on Sunday? -__- Bleh, that means I can't stay too late that night, I have to get up and march in the town's Labor Day parade (the most pointless parade ever, imo) Oh well, at least we're first in the lineup so I can get it over with and then go Monday.

Saturday is the best for me Bleach-costume wise. That way I'm not sitting around in the contest with it on, because it gets kinda hot after while. o_o;; Basically anytime is good for me.

Integral
08-13-2006, 12:19 AM
I'll be there with my Kurotsuchi Mayuri again! I brought it to A-kon, but only hit the tail end of one of the photoshoots, so I'm hoping to get a chance to catch another big group again.
I don't know what the schedule looks like yet, but I don't have a specific day preference. Hopefully not at the same time as one of the Yoshitoshi ABe panels :)

Cat-Chans
08-13-2006, 01:28 AM
I was late by 5 minutes to the first shoot and by the time I got there they had finished ALL the orihime pictures.
I was pretty mad
D:

chouzan
08-13-2006, 01:29 AM
I'll be there with my Kurotsuchi Mayuri again! I brought it to A-kon, but only hit the tail end of one of the photoshoots, so I'm hoping to get a chance to catch another big group again.
I don't know what the schedule looks like yet, but I don't have a specific day preference. Hopefully not at the same time as one of the Yoshitoshi ABe panels :)

It's good to see so many of the A-kon Bleach cosplayers coming to AFest! o:

If you're interested, I have a couple pictures of you on this page (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/chouzan_kashou2/A-Kon%2017/Bleach%20Photoshoot/) from the outdoor Bleach photoshooot at A-kon 17. ^_^

Eared Inu Yasha
08-14-2006, 11:16 PM
I will be going to Animefest as matsumoto Rangiku. I might not make it on friday though.

Asmaria
08-15-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm bringing my Gin, and I'm also going to try to get a staff made so I can be Ikkaku on another day. (Totally random characters for me, but I like them XD)

All Yachirus feel free to pester my poor shiny head. T_T

I'm also bringing Shinigami Academy version Kira, but with so many Kiras around I don't know how long I'll wear it. o_o At least when Zaku Kitty wears Shuuhei.

I've got a few wigs and if I feel like swapping to someone else I might too. Like Kurumadani Zennosuke. :P Crazy afro man.

Oh jeez, I can't wait for this con.

mel-mel-chan
08-16-2006, 11:22 AM
whee!!! i love you asmaria-chan. we'll get together on times to wear gin and kira ne? That reminds me i still have to take in my sleeves.... they are too long.

Asmaria
08-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Definitely! XD Let me know if you wanna get together for any sewing stuff before the con.

mel-mel-chan
08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
i'll definitly let you know. right now i think i've got most of my stuff under way but i might ask your opinion about something for my ouran costume.

Rachael-chan
08-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I was wondering if we could do something only for BLEACH cosplayers like Twister or something.

chouzan
08-16-2006, 10:24 PM
I was wondering if we could do something only for BLEACH cosplayers like Twister or something.

Um.. that would be incredible. o:
What do you all think?

Cat-Chans
08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
I like that idea, something after the shoot.

I know it is late, but maybe we could have the main shoot Saturday afternoon and then a casual late night shoot and game after cosplay?
I just know Saturday is going to be busy for everyone, so maybe doing something late would be good.

I don't have twister, but if someone wants to bring it, go for it.
I do know a good group game that requires nothing but hands so if no one has twister maybe we could play it...
or
O:
Hide and seek
XD
duck duck goose...
endless possibilities.

chouzan
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm definitely good for any gatherings on Saturday. That actually works out really well for me!

haha.. we'd have to play a restricted version of Hide and Seek. It'd be damn hard to play in the con area. Plus, could you just imagine a poor Bleach cosplayer sitting under a table for an hour, unaware that the game has ended? XD Either way, I love that game. o:

Asmaria
08-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Twister would rock! XD I don't have it though. Just goofing off is fun though! At Anime Expo we played 'down by the bank', that clapping game. XD Duck Duck Goose is fun too!

mel-mel-chan
08-17-2006, 09:48 AM
I have twister somewhere, but I don't know if I'll be able to remember where it is and dig it out by con, but there's a lot of games you can play without anything. And on asmaria's note of duck duck goose, we could also play something similar that I've only ever seen japanese people play which is the hankerchief game.

orangepassion
08-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Twister is an awesome idea! (I'm going as Yachiru...I think I stated that before...)

Umm...I have it...just....not sure if it exists in my house right now ^^;;

musicalmafia
08-17-2006, 10:08 AM
-OMG, Twister- YES. I'm 100% sure I've got it in my little sister's room, so I'd be willing to bring it if we play it on Saturday!!
-I also know a fair amount of large group games that are really fun and amusing due to all of the church youth events I've been to. If anyone wants me to list some, I'd be glad to. (MAFIA. Who's killing off the shinigami?! O_O)

Rachael-chan
08-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Twister or the Down By the Bank sound fun. I forgot all the words though. How does it go again?
Also, on Thursday night (if I go) and Monday, I'm going to wear my Horror Show Karin outfit. No one is going to reconize me because it's only shown in volume 1 chapter 7 page 170. ;____;
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/Rachael-chan/My%20Cosplay/Horror%20Show%20Karin/?action=view&current=HorrorShow1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

chouzan
08-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Hmm.. for those that don't read Bleach (but watch it), you could actually carry around that sign from the chapter cover... when people see it says Kurosaki, it'd be pretty obvious as to who you are! ^_^

I've never played Down by the Bank, but it sounds fun! I'm up for any awesome game!

orangepassion
08-18-2006, 08:42 PM
>D yay! Twisterrr....er so the thing is going to be on Saturday correct?

Cat-Chans
08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm 90% positive at least the shoot will be Saturday.

gundammrw
08-18-2006, 09:47 PM
The idea of a game reminds me of when we were at A-kon and I mentioned to a friend that we should get all the Bleach cosplayers on the ice rink and call it "Bleach on Ice!" heh.

But anyways a game sounds fun. Hopefully somebody will recognize my Grimmjaw costume. I think I only got a handful that recognized my Arrancar Aizen.

chouzan
08-18-2006, 11:08 PM
My friend had a make-shift Aizen cosplay, and nobody else ended up going out onto the ice with him. So, the 'Bleach on Ice' we were looking forward to turned out to be only 'Aizen on Ice'. XD
And then multiple accounts of 'Aizen Falls' occured because the entire center of the rink was a giant puddle of water. ^^;

gundammrw
08-18-2006, 11:54 PM
My friend had a make-shift Aizen cosplay, and nobody else ended up going out onto the ice with him. So, the 'Bleach on Ice' we were looking forward to turned out to be only 'Aizen on Ice'. XD
And then multiple accounts of 'Aizen Falls' occured because the entire center of the rink was a giant puddle of water. ^^;

Heh, I remember seeing him out there. I was gonna join him but at the time I was eating. When I finished he looked as if he was about finished inspecting the floor, lol. I suppose its better I didn't, my head isn't hard enough to last through a session of skating.

mel-mel-chan
08-19-2006, 09:41 AM
ne chouzan your suggestion to manga and not yet anime characters carrying something with them. Finally on Saturday at Akon I have vol 22 with me like half the day. Like 2 people asked who I was and I was just like *bam yank out the manga* 'I'm him!'. Then I still had to further explain.

musicalmafia
08-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Heh, like Mel said, only a couple hardcore Bleach fans recognized my costume outside the shoot, and I didn't have any refrence with me for the ones that didn't. Oh well, I knew obscurity came with the costume. XD

"Bleach on Ice"?! XD "They sing, they dance, and now they skate!"
But if I did anything on the ice rink, it'd have to be broomball, seeing as that I fail at skating. Haha.

chouzan
08-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Yep... maybe 3-4 people will recognize my Furuba cosplay. She's a really minor character who shows up in one VERY short flashback in the anime, and the outfit I'm doing shows up in one frame of the manga. XD

I guess I'll experience the same things you guys did with your arrankar, only mine is a Vaizard cosplay.

haha.. I'm not so awesome at skating myself. Every time I go (not very often), it's like having to learn how to ride a bike all over again. x_x

orangepassion
08-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm 90% positive at least the shoot will be Saturday.

Is there a certain time for the shoot? :O

Cat-Chans
08-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Not at this point.
Since I'm working the con I can't set the time untill I get my work schedual
I am going to say it will be sometime in the afternoon at this point.

Asmaria
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
If you don't know the lyrics to 'Down by the Banks', here's the video from AX. X) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SYxiy67bXw

chouzan
08-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I could barely understand what they were saying at parts... but it looks easily taught and seems like fun! o:

Cat-Chans
08-26-2006, 12:49 AM
OK
I have a schedule now (at least I think I do)
and so for right now the time of the Bleach shoot at Afest is
1 pm on Saturday

please tell me if this is good for you, and also give me suggestions for meeting places...I've never been to this con so I don't know where to go

chouzan
08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
That sounds good to me...

As far as places to hold the shoot... we've got to keep a fairly large number in mind. Inside the hotel, there is a small area below the con that I noticed was pretty deserted. The area by the resteraunts on the second floor is pretty, but I don't think they'd let a large group loiter there. o_-
If people are willing to go outside, there's a large outside patio with reflective window mirrors. What's more, if everyone is willing to go on a walk through West End in afternoon Texas heat, there is a large, cool-looking (shaded) columned area behind what used to be the Marketplace. Farther down the road is the Fountain Place, which is absolutely ideal for any photoshoot. It's probably a 15 minute walk, but it'd be worth it.
If you've never seen Fountain Place and are wondering what it looks like, here are some photos (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/chouzan_kashou2/Fountain%20Place/). Some were taken without the fountains running (on Sundays). There's also a floor fountain in the first section that I don't have pictures of.
Also outside the Hyatt is the Kennedy Memorial... it's pretty good for a Bleach shoot, but we'd have to work around some tourists. It's just around the corner, so it takes 5 minutes or so to get to.

So those are the only places I'm aware of within distance of the Hyatt. I've never extensively explored, so there are probably plenty of other options.

musicalmafia
08-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow, Fountain Place looks ~beautiful~. o_o I wouldn't mind go outside, but not for a really long amount of time because it gets really hot under the material after awhile. And that WOULD make some stunning pictures. This is my first time at AFEST too, so I don't have any suggestions.

And 1 pm seems like a decent time. Even though I have a far-away football game Friday night, I'm still getting my butt up and going early. XD Whoo!

By the way, Twister is a go for anyone who wants to do it. =D

Cat-Chans
08-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Cool, they say my schedule won't be final till Monday, so if I have to change the time don't kill me. If I do it will probably only be by an hour or so.

Those fountains are gorgeous.
I'll let ya'll wearing the soul reaper get ups decide if you want to walk...I'm just in a school uniform.

orangepassion
08-26-2006, 07:49 PM
UWAH~ such a pretty place!!! ^^; and umm....1 PM is a really good time for me so yay? 8D

I don't know where that place is....but...like...would it be alright if we could all meet up at the hotel lobby THEN choose a place to have a photo shoot? Its been a while for me so...I forgot where things are...sorry for the inconvience! >_<;

Is the shoot going to be that far from the hotel? *i'm not allowed to leave the hotel property at all...same with my brother and cousin...now i'm really sorry for the inconvience @_@;*

Cat-Chans
08-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Thats cool, we could do some pictures at the hotel and then let people that want to walk to the fountains go after that. That way you and everyone that doen't feel like walking in the 1293 degree heat can stay at the hotel.

LiL KRN YUNA
08-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Hii guys~ I just found out that I'll be able to attend A-Fest this year! -goes crazy- I don't know what days I'll be going yet, but I'll definetly bring my Hinamori for the Bleach photoshoot! Hope to see you all there =3

HackerEd
08-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Thats cool, we could do some pictures at the hotel and then let people that want to walk to the fountains go after that. That way you and everyone that doen't feel like walking in the 1293 degree heat can stay at the hotel.

Lol that'll be me. I'm kinda glad the shinigami uniforms are warm though, because AFest last year was freezing, and I was in a skirt. I kept having to leave panels and stuff so I could walk around and warm up.

chouzan
08-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Having a shoot at the Hyatt first sounds good. I figured not everyone would want or be able to trek over to the Fountain place. It's all the way passed the Dallas World Aquarium, after all. O_o
It'll be a toasty walk for me in my sweat gear, too. XD Luckily I can at least take off the jacket while walking outside.
Keep in mind that the fountains should be on, also, since we are going on Saturday! ^_^

So now all we need is to decide a location within the boundaries of the Hyatt.. what do you all think?

Also. When we go to Fountain Place... who is going to take pictures? x_x

Should we post up signs on Friday informing non cosplay.com goers of the Bleach shoot? This shoot needs to be as cool as possible before the September 9th no0b invasion. D:

I CAN'T WAIT for all of this to happen!
And I'm definitely up for some Twister. X3

orangepassion
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
XD Well....people from cosplay.com can run around shouting for bleach cosplayers before the shoot? LOL <_<;; but the sign idea sounds good ^^b

Thank you so much for having a shoot at the hotel first T_T *I would of been killed if I took a step out of the hotel asldjfl;dasfjldasf* I'm sure someone would be there to take pictures...

WOO! TWISTER! Um...where will that be? At the fountains...or in the hotel? :O

And we're gonna meet at the lobby first right?

HackerEd
08-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Twister would probably be easier to do inside, no idea where though. I can't remember the hotel layout very well.

trevinokenjiro
08-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Ill be Cosplaying Zaraki Kenpachi and i have someone cosplaying Renji as well as a Matsumoto so im in

Asmaria
08-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Progress on my prop! XD
http://i6.tinypic.com/25tf9uc.jpg

I can't decide which of my costumes to wear to the shoot. Man. I guess it depends on my friend. Well I'll squeeze them in at some point of the con at least!

Oh yay, a Kenpachi! That's at least one incentive to choose... @_@

Cat-Chans
08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Ok kids, my schedule came in and they kind of screwed me over giving me a mid day shift on Saturday.

SO, we have 2 options now

10am or 6:30pm

D: I don't understand I requested morning shifts

EDIT

and 3rd secret hidden option #3 which is to move the shoot to Friday afternoon around 4:30 or 5

orangepassion
08-28-2006, 03:42 PM
DX damn you schedulesl;afjasl;dfjasl;dfjasl;dfj;dasljf;aslj

well....I think the Saturday would be best? Alot of people wont be there on Friday and yeah...just a suggestion.

6:30 ??? *not sure. when's the FLOW concert?* 10 AM sounds best for me...

musicalmafia
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh man, that stinks. Friday still isn't an option for me at all, I've got school. And I won't get home till around 11:30 Friday because of our first football game, which is a far away game.

If we do it at 10am Saturday, then I'd have get there really early to get in line to pick up my badge and get to the shoot in time. X_X And let me say, I'll probably be a bit fussy and tired of wearing the costume if we do it around 6:30, so my pictures won't be half as good. Well, who knows.

Asmaria
08-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Saturday morning I'm going to be at the Princess Tutu gathering, so um... I vote evening(6:30)...

chouzan
08-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Yep... Friday is not an option at all for me.
And for Saturday, I'd rather do the evening shoot.. I am not a morning person, and I'd have to wake up pretty early because my Hiyori hair and make-up will take a while. O_o
I also would like to know when FLOW is playing.. I wanted to get in line early for that. D:

gundammrw
08-28-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm planning on doing my Hidan costume on Friday and Grimmjaw on Saturday. Either the morning or evening shoot would be fine but evening sounds a bit more feasible for most.

Cat-Chans
08-28-2006, 10:03 PM
It seems evening is wining.
I'm just going to throw this out though, the concert line will most likely be forming at this point, so if you want to see FLOW in a really good seat you should change your vote to the 10am time

I'm RLY SRY for this guys...if we take about an hour I could push it to 10:30...and if you don't mind me possibly being a little late I could move it up to 6. I talked to the security head, it sounds like if I asked I could get off a little early and my costume dosen't take long to get into.

HackerEd
08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Any time saturday is good for me. Friday is a no go because I gotta fly in to dallas after school.

Cat-Chans
08-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Fly?

arn't you from Houston?

chouzan
08-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Have we decided on a Hyatt location for the first part of the shoot? I think the best locations for a Bleach group would be either outside on the patio or in the area opposite to the ballroom. I am talking about the area with columns that is on the main floor. When you walk into the hotel, if you continue walking straight all the way to the back without using either of the two sets of escalators you pass, that's where it is. ^_^
In between that walk is also where the patio is. o:

And did anyone want to print out flyers about the photoshoot to post up? >_>
I'm not sure how we go about getting permission to post those up...

orangepassion
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
UWAH! I think the patio sounds great! Better lighting in my opinion since its outside and all.

^^; what I'm most likely gonna do is if I see a cosplayer I'm going to tell them about the bleach photoshoot and all. So its 10 a.m.? (X_x although I wouldn't want to miss the shoot, FLOW was one of the main reasons i'm going aksjfl;daskjfkladjfslajf; <3 yeah?)

chouzan
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I understood that the photoshoot was at 6:30pm. O_o
Most of everyone thought that having it in the evening would be easier. I don't want to miss FLOW either. The only thing we might lose is a little extra time to stand in line and be closer.

By the way... because the photoshoot was moved to before the FLOW concert, I think that the Fountain Place shoot should be moved to the afternoon after lunch... somewhere around 2:00pm, maybe? We could meet by the fountain and then head out.
How many people wanted to participate in the Fountain Place shoot, again? o:

Cat-Chans
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I agree with Chou on the Fountain place shoot, but sadly I wouldn't be there to head that up. Maybe you can pull it together Chou
^^;

As for the "Offical" shoot, I can move it up to 6 I'm almost positive, and if I am a little late it won't be by much.
I will make a flyer and post it in the thread so you can all print them out. Hand them out to bleach cosplayers you see, post them if you're allowed, I'll try to have one on the shoot day to draw attention to myself.

The patio sounds cool to me, it should acctualy be perfect lighting at that time of day.

SO

OFFICAL BLEACH SHOOT
6pm
Patio

Look for Orihime and Cloud (the bunny version)

I'm going to have a list of all captains and vice captains, and other groups so that we can move through the photos fairly quickly so that everyone can go and enjoy Flow afterword.

HackerEd
08-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Fly?

arn't you from Houston?

yes, but my mother refuses to let me drive. Since nobody else is allowed to/can't provide transportation, she insists that I fly. I just can't bring yachiru's sword with me. I had enough issues with temari's fan last year when I flew in for A-kon.

Cat-Chans
08-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh man, that must have been horrible
D:

"I swear it's not a weapon"

chouzan
08-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, seeing as how probably not THAT many Bleach cosplayers will come to Fountain Place, I can probably help head that up. Plus, I'll have a couple older friends there to help me. >_>
And I won't have to rack my brain thinking of all the Gotei 13 members. O_o
The Fountain Place will be more personable of a photoshoot, I think, with such surroundings, and the 6pm can be for group shots and such.

Cat-Chans
08-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Can you give me a time and a meeting place on the hotel for the Fountain Place?
as soon as I know that I can make the flyer
I'll have it up by tomorrow evening so everyone print them out
D:

orangepassion
08-30-2006, 05:18 AM
6 pm is fine. *I might just have to get my brother to be in line for me >D* safjasdlfjadsl;fj YAY. All of this sounds good to me!

I'll print out the flyers tomorrow when you get them up. Everyone shall know of the photoshoot!

HackerEd: Wow...hope things go smoothly on your plane ride!

HackerEd
08-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh man, that must have been horrible
D:

"I swear it's not a weapon"

The didn't understand me when I said "it's a giant chinese folding fan" so they made me take it out of the package tube. When I opened it their eyes got big and another was like "That's a new one".

My Yachiru wig is in, and after some slight styling it'll be good to go^^

Cat-Chans
08-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Wal-mart was out of 5X7 frames
>>
luckily there are like 5 wal-marts on 35 going into Austin alone so I'm sure I can pick some up on the drive.

I have SO much to do before tomorrow since I'm basicaly hoping in the car and leaving the minute I get out of class.
I have to
Finish Zangetsu
Make a Pillow
Color one more picture
Pack
Make the bleach shoot flyer

and I know I'm missing like 30 other things
and now I have to go to work till 10
D:

musicalmafia
08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Alright, 6pm Saturday seems reasonable to me. I probably won't go to the concert, so I'll hang around after the shoot with Twister if anyone wants to still play. XDDD

AUGH, though, I forgot to buy my ticket in time online, so now I get to wait in line and register. X_X Great. That only decreases the time I get to sleep.

Asmaria
08-30-2006, 07:52 PM
I gotta wait in line too, Ninjafiend. The site wouldn't take my card. :(

I'll stick around for twister. XD I'm not really interested in the concert.

chouzan
08-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Aww man... I wanted to play twister but I still want to see FLOW. Maybe I could get someone to stand in line for me..

I'll also print out the flyer. All must know of the last no0b-less Bleach shoot ever! D:

Cat-Chans
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2369/bleachshootcd5.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bleachshootcd5.jpg)
FLYER
print and post PLZ

HackerEd
08-30-2006, 11:54 PM
That flyer is awsome Cat-Chan^^ It's rukia art! I loved her drawings, even if Ichigo thought they were...less than perfect.:bigtu:

Asmaria
08-31-2006, 01:41 AM
OMG. XD That rocks. I'll print some tomorrow too.

LiL KRN YUNA
08-31-2006, 05:19 PM
waha~ 6 PM is perfect for me!! I'm going crazy right now xD too excited! Can't wait to see you all there!~

mel-mel-chan
08-31-2006, 05:55 PM
....and why can Ulquiorra only find one black tabi sock? ug.... I'm gonna be upheaving the room tonight packing when I get back home. I will sooo stay around for twister! That is gonna be teh awesome!

chouzan
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
That flyer is too awesome. XD
I'll probably print out 6-7 copies, and a colored one to tape to my bag or something on Friday. ^^;
I also need to print out flyers for the Death Note photoshoot and Gaia meets... O_o

Cat-Chans
08-31-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm glad I have printing minions...since I've been out of black ink for probably 5 months and I can't print anything at home since I just rolled in and my sister is asleep.
D:

I'll see ya'll on Saturday (or earlier)

orangepassion
09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
XD can't wait for Sat! I'll print out in black in white since colored died on me days ago D:

>D sfjasl;fjasl;dfjls;j hope I can stick around for twister? x_x I'll get someone to go in line for me for the concerttt.

If you see a Yachiru running around and suddenly pops up with a photo shoot flyer then its probably me? |D

Castarr4
09-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I was there as Ichimaru Gin. I'm sorry I only made it to the 2:00 one, but my ride (dressed as Link from Zelda: Twilight Princess) was really tired from wearing chain mail for two days(and a few other things), and so we left the con right before 6:00. I probably wouldn't have gone to the 2:00 one if I'd known how far it was going to be....why was it so far away? (I mean...it was fun anyways...but it was a LONG walk)

Last question:
Where/when can I find pictures from the shoots? I'll post mine when I can.

chouzan
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Alright... I've got the 2PM Bleach shoot from Saturday online - 152 pictures (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/chouzan_kashou2/AnimeFEST%202006/Bleach%20Photoshoot%20at%202PM/).

LEGO Renji
09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
w007! Thanks, Chouzan, I don't have any pictures of my own from any of it (I forgot to even bring a camera). By the way, awesome jobs to all of the Bleachers who showed up throughout the con for the various photoshoots and thanks for a wonderful time. This was easily the best con experience for me, despite having gotten sick Saturday night/Sunday morning (darned allergies).

chouzan
09-04-2006, 08:53 PM
w007! Thanks, Chouzan, I don't have any pictures of my own from any of it (I forgot to even bring a camera). By the way, awesome jobs to all of the Bleachers who showed up throughout the con for the various photoshoots and thanks for a wonderful time. This was easily the best con experience for me, despite having gotten sick Saturday night/Sunday morning (darned allergies).

No problem! Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I'll be uploading Bleach pictures from the 6pm shoot and also from Sunday.
Apparently stubborn allergies was a popular thing this weekend.
I guess I'm lucky to not have such a problem. o_o

Pollux
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to the group that was hanging around outside the ballroom on Sunday night, and also sorry for skipping out early. I wanted to hang out a bit longer and talk to you guys but the Matsumoto I was with wasn't feeling very well so we left soon after the whole wedding deal (which was amazing).

But yeah. Thanks for being so cool and letting us take some pictures with you all. I was the blonde Urahara, btw. :)

Mucai
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
o.O There were two bleech photoshoots? I only saw one mentioned on the list... :/

chouzan
09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
o.O There were two bleech photoshoots? I only saw one mentioned on the list... :/

There were two planned, and a third occured on Sunday. I'm not sure whether that one was planned. O_o

LEGO Renji
09-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Somehow I think the wedding shoot was impromptu, haha. Those were some hardcore Bleach fans right there, I give them many bonus points.

musicalmafia
09-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, I spent most of my day sorting, renaming, and uploading these pictures, but they're finally done! So, I present to you, my fellow Bleach fans, the 2pm pictures.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/AnimeFEST%202006/
I've also got close-up shots of the groups, so PM or email me, and I'll check and upload more of them for you. I narrowed it down mostly to the clearest, best looking shots.

And to everyone who stuck around after the shoot for Twister- It was awesome!! I hope everybody had fun, and here's some choice pictures.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/Bleach%20Twister-%20AFEST/
I've also got some videos from Twister to upload, I'll be doing that soon.

But, all in all, this is my favorite picture from the con- http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/AnimeFEST%202006/?action=view&current=EmoCars1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch18
XDD I forgot to take off my glasses, but realized later that it was strangely appropriate. I love the angle and lighting on this one, too.

Kagz
09-05-2006, 12:23 AM
YAY! *dances a gig*

The sunday shoot was a fly by the seat of our pants thing that Yachiru myself and Mel came up with. n.n I think it turned out alright. YAY for hardcore fans getting married I soo have to find pictures from that one... my camera crapped out for it... TT.TT

I had so much fun with you guys!! GAh... tommarrow when I get done with my test that I missed Friday... heh heh heh.... I will be posting and developing pics. I will do my best to have everything up soon. So just for an idea how many people from the bleach groupness are gonna be at Onicon? I'm thinking about going but hopefully this time my costume won't be so incomplete and my props wont be so craptasticly not waterproof. n.n

Pollux
09-05-2006, 08:13 AM
YAY! *dances a gig*
So just for an idea how many people from the bleach groupness are gonna be at Onicon?
I'm going to try to be there, but it's more likely that I'll be at Cos-Con III.

Koda89
09-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Wow.....I liked everyone's outfits! I was able to watch the 6:00pm Bleach shoot while waiting in line to go to the FLOW concert, which was the highlight of the con to me, btw.

gundammrw
09-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Well, I spent most of my day sorting, renaming, and uploading these pictures, but they're finally done! So, I present to you, my fellow Bleach fans, the 2pm pictures.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/AnimeFEST%202006/
I've also got close-up shots of the groups, so PM or email me, and I'll check and upload more of them for you. I narrowed it down mostly to the clearest, best looking shots.

And to everyone who stuck around after the shoot for Twister- It was awesome!! I hope everybody had fun, and here's some choice pictures.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/Bleach%20Twister-%20AFEST/
I've also got some videos from Twister to upload, I'll be doing that soon.

But, all in all, this is my favorite picture from the con- http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/AnimeFEST%202006/?action=view&current=EmoCars1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch18
XDD I forgot to take off my glasses, but realized later that it was strangely appropriate. I love the angle and lighting on this one, too.

Amazing pictures. Glad we were all able gather more Arrancar this time around. Hopefully by next year we'll have even more of a white coat army.:)

YAY! *dances a gig*

The sunday shoot was a fly by the seat of our pants thing that Yachiru myself and Mel came up with. n.n I think it turned out alright. YAY for hardcore fans getting married I soo have to find pictures from that one... my camera crapped out for it... TT.TT

I had so much fun with you guys!! GAh... tommarrow when I get done with my test that I missed Friday... heh heh heh.... I will be posting and developing pics. I will do my best to have everything up soon. So just for an idea how many people from the bleach groupness are gonna be at Onicon? I'm thinking about going but hopefully this time my costume won't be so incomplete and my props wont be so craptasticly not waterproof. n.n

You were an awesome Soi Fong. I digged the twister game with everyone. You were fierce at that game, you did Soi Fong proud. I'd like to go to Oni-con as well but it'd have to be a choice between a friends wedding or the con. Strangely enough I get to dress up in a costume for both.:reverse:

Kagz
09-05-2006, 10:25 AM
lol Awsome for costumes at weddings! And thank you very much! I had to much fun goofing around durring twister. Man it was kinda fun being so mean maybe I should try it more often... well I would forget to like a day in or so, so maybe not... lol

Miss_Mikado
09-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey Cat-chan.
Once again, thanks for updating the time and place on the Bleach gathering last Saturday. Had an awsome time.^^

Cat-Chans
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, after driving home I got in at around 8:30, fell asleep to the TV, woke up at 4am, got ready for bed and was supposed to wake up at 9 for class...but the power went out at some point and I ended up waking up at noon.

XD
I slept for like 18 hours.

I had a blast with all of you, all of my favorite memories from this con came about in Bleach cosplay. It was asome, even with getting stuck at that intersection without free pizza.
P:

I'll have my pictures up hopefully late tonight, now I have to go to class...
(why couldn't the power be out on campus D: )

chouzan
09-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I've been feeling like I'm going to pass out in all my classes today because I'm so tired. x_x

I would've risked the water too, but my mask wasn't waterproof either and I wasn't about to even consider having it ruined.. >_<

I have a few pictures of that wedding shoot, but I can guarantee they'll probably be a little blurry. I'm sure you're all aware of how point-and-shoot digicams don't work well with fake lighting. T__T
Plus my camera batteries were dead so I kept having to turn it on and off over and over during that shoot.

I SO would've stayed for Twister, but I wanted to see FLOW. D:

Mad props to all of you guys.. if it wasn't for you Bleach-goers, my weekend wouldn't have been NEARLY as awesome. <3
I've gotta change classes.. O_o

Kagz
09-05-2006, 02:08 PM
It was asome, even with getting stuck at that intersection without free pizza.
P:

I'll have my pictures up hopefully late tonight, now I have to go to class...
(why couldn't the power be out on campus D: )

LMAO... well I mean thats what you get for hanging around shinigami... we can't even escape our work for the weekend.

I would've risked the water too, but my mask wasn't waterproof either and I wasn't about to even consider having it ruined.. >_<

It's cool I can understand that. I wasn't so worried but we all saw the grim fate of the unwaterproof Suzumabachi. And I saw were you got a picture of the burial, lol thats great!

LiL KRN YUNA
09-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi guuys~ Ahh, I just want to say thanks for letting me have the greatest con time of my life!! Bleach photoshoot just made A-fest my fav. con experience~ It was so nice meeting all of you guys! Everybodys cosplays were AMAZING. It was sooo cool having a photoshoot like this! I'm sorry my Hinamori wasnt good that weekend. Ugh, I got a haircut that morning so my hair bun was safety pinned to my head xD For Oni, I will DEFINETLY have better hair! =3 Oo btw! Bleach photoshoot pics are up in my gallery. Enjooy~

Koda89
09-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe I SHOULDN'T have retired my Urahara outfit and hacked up the cloak to make part of my Kabuto outfit.....

HackerEd
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Yachiru will definitely be at Oni-Con unless her boss doesn't give her the time off^^; Bleach times are some of my best memories of AFest this year. Yay Bleach!

BTW welcome to Cosplay.com LEGO Renji! Thanks for taking all those Ramune bottles for me.

Arei
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/WaterKairi/Bleach%20Twister-%20AFEST/3rd6.jpg

lol the look on my face XD

damn you hitsuguya...you will pay for this..and remember my name and face >:0

the meet up and the twister was so much fun, hopefully we can do something like that at A-kon this year

chouzan
09-05-2006, 04:55 PM
It's cool I can understand that. I wasn't so worried but we all saw the grim fate of the unwaterproof Suzumabachi. And I saw were you got a picture of the burial, lol thats great!
Yes, it was a sad thing. D:
But you did an awesome job on Suzumabachi... even my non-anime friend said it was cool when I showed her pictures! o:

I certainly won't be at Oni-con, but I'm planning on going to A-kon 18. For that, I'm hoping to have a couple new cosplays... Rukia with her Sode no Shirayuki, and then Tamaki (Alice in Wonderland version) from Ouran.
Plus I want to complete my Hiyori and wear that again. And use a wig. >_>

Rachael-chan
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
I have uploaded all my photos but they're HUGE! So after a few days of resizing they'll be up. I have over 160 pictures of pure Bleachyness but I deleted the multiple pics of the same pose.
Twister was awesome. I better not find any pics of my butt hanging out of my skirt. I learned not to play in a skirt.

ZakuKitty
09-05-2006, 05:49 PM
I was the academy robes Hisagi Shuuhei from the 6PM photoshoot. =P It was nice to see so many awesome Bleach costumes. I usually manage to fit a Shuuhei or two into a con. If I do at Oni-Con it will be the training robes again unless I can work on my Shinigami robes that do not always like to work for me. =/

mel-mel-chan
09-05-2006, 05:53 PM
had tons of fun with all you guys and had soo very much fun doing bleach characters. most of my bleach pics are up in my galleries, i'll have the ones from sunday up either tonight or sometime tomorrow.... i had a lot of pics to sort through.

orangepassion
09-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Like everyone else....THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING THE BLEACH PHOTOSHOOT A BLAST FOR ME! It was my first photoshoot so it was AWESOME. <3 much love to everyone! *I was the second shorter Yachiru at the evening photo shoot...*

Sorry I couldn't stick around for twister? The concert was all asldjfasl;dfjasl;dfjasdl;fjs;dljfsl;jlksdjf ZOMG CALLING ME and stuff. thanks again everyone! XD You all had such awesome cosplays!

chouzan
09-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I now have 89 pictures up from the 6PM shoot! (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/chouzan_kashou2/AnimeFEST%202006/Bleach%20Photoshoot%20at%206PM/) o:

I'll have to load Sunday's some other time because I want to get to some of my Death Note shots! ^^;

LEGO Renji
09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Yachiru will definitely be at Oni-Con unless her boss doesn't give her the time off^^; Bleach times are some of my best memories of AFest this year. Yay Bleach!

BTW welcome to Cosplay.com LEGO Renji! Thanks for taking all those Ramune bottles for me.

Thanks, HackerEd, and no problem about the Ramune bottles, hope to see you at Onicon.

The Bleach photoshoots and just our random group activities were definitely the most fun I had at the con, especially the March of the Shinigami down the streets of downtown Dallas and the Bleach "wedding" shoot. And just spending time with my fellow Bleachers, in and out of character, was very memorable. Hope to see many of you at Oni-con.

Geostormz
09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Wow, I'm glad to see that everyone have such a fun time, especially the hardcore bleach cosplayer at the wedding photo shoot. Man, I can't wait till Onicon to see yall again. Hopefully by Onicon, my Yami, the Arrangar that Kill Luppy (I just cant seem to remember his name), and white ichigo bankai costumes will be done. I'm still kicking myself for not bringing my camera and missing out on the first two bleach photo shoot. Any way I have to head back to the stack of homeworks that I skip to go to the con.

Oh, Kagz please let me know when you post the picture of me (the random ninja from second squad) so that I can begin editing it. If everythings goes well you'll be surrounded by dozens of your loyal servant.

Cat-Chans
09-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Inverse O:
I look forward to that
(:

Mucai
09-06-2006, 01:54 AM
I tried to upload some photos before, but this connection sucks. :( I'll have to start mass uploads when I get home next weekend.

chouzan
09-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Reverse Hollow Ichigo...?
I've been WAITING for someone to cosplay him! O_o

haha... I see you like the 'OK' shot, Cat-chan! It is too cute! o:

Saejima
09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Hello Im new...But anyway my girlfriend Arei is wanting me to cosplay Shinji Hirako of the Vizards while she does release form Rupi wait Rupi has tentacles with his release form........................................eww tentacle sex..............

lysariala
09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
does anyone have any photos from the wedding shoot? i took one of the honor gaurd with the swords, but my camera sucketh muchly >_<

Eared Inu Yasha
09-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I had so much freakin fun with the bleachers! I was the matsumoto who was hanging out with soi fong (kagz) And I was just thrilled to death to hang out with my taichou hitsugaya -- even if he did sculd me a lot!!

Now I would like to make some shout outs!

One to Azmaria for her mad cosplay changing! how many costumes a day girl??!? its her personal goal to cover all bleachers possible lol

And one to Cat chan! your awsome and were totally fun to hang out with!

Hacker ed! ah so compact like furby! such a wonderful Yachiru! it was totally fun hanfing out with you! Thanks for tolerating me pokeing your face! Yachiru is to cute! I hope you got your much loved ramune!

Castarr! Thanks for doing the bai bai pose for me! Totally made my day! Yee! I love creepy goofy gin! And to your little sister Yachiru! she was fun too!

Lord of the Dance! YOu were such an awsome Aisen! And your visor back up dancers were so funny!!

Han Hitsuguya Taichou and Bankai Ichigo! it was totally fun hanging with you! Thanks for letting Soi fong and I put orange and white cat ears on you guys! Now those are some awsome pictures!

Chad! I LOVE CHAD! I was glad to get to see one!

Kagz! I totally know where you live! As always fun cosplaying with you!

LEGO REN Awsome sword!

The Urahara kids - You guys rock! THanks for letting us play with your soccer ball!

Whitnesses to the car accident! Yeah that was memorable! After the photo shoot and waterworks we were stuck at the scene of an accident. Those are some funny pictures with the cop cars!

And all other Bleachers! YOU JUST ROCK!

Kagz
09-06-2006, 01:44 PM
*weeps* tonight I will tear myself away from my DS Bleach game and at least upload a few pics. I like the kittygia and meowchigo as I call them.... heh heh heh! Though we only got an after shot because I was being so OOC with soi fong and dancing for kitty puppets it will soon be my icon cause it makes me the happy! If only someone had caught the blissful me dancing for the bleach puppets. And I know not everyone is done loading pics I still want to thank everyone for the pictures of myself that I will undoubtably steal from you all! ^___^ and if you try to stop me I will make you play twister with me as the spinner... bwa ha ha ha ha!! Im thinking of getting a white bouncy ball and painting stuff on it so we have more goofy games to play next time were all together! Well im off to class will probably post the pictures later tonight or early tommarrow morning.

Disco Aizen
09-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Never fear... Disco Aizen is here. ~_~

Rachael-chan
09-06-2006, 05:08 PM
I missed something very important about the wedding photoshoot. What happened?

Kagz
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Yay Disco Aizen!!! Whoo Haa!

Pollux
09-06-2006, 05:55 PM
My friend got a few pics of the wedding shoot, but I have to wrestle them from her first. I'll upload them when I do. Hopefully she'll hand them over tonight. :)

And you guys make me so sad!!! I seriously wish I would have known about the Saturday photoshoots! No wonder I never saw anyone walking around the con. You guys were off having Bleachy fun! Hopefully a lot of you will be at CosCon III. I'll have to mooch myself into the group. ^^

HackerEd
09-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I can't go to Cos-Con, too far away x.x

chouzan
09-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I got one decent picture of the wedding deal, and a couple blurry ones... I'll probably work on uploading Sunday night photos tonight, but for now I'm off to a Rotary meeting at school! ~_~

Saejima! COSPLAY SHINJI!! We need another Vaizard! D:

lysariala
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
I missed something very important about the wedding photoshoot. What happened?

sunday right before cosplay let out, a newly married couple who i assume had just been married downstairs, came upstairs, adn took some REALYL funny pictures with a whole bunch of cosplayers :)

right before they left i suggested they do an "honor gaurd" with all the captain' swords, since theyre huge and awsome and all :)

it looked super cool, and so many people gahtered for photos, including their pro photographer, that i couldnt get a good shot :(

wish i had gotten their names tho! i wonder if i should check the dallas mornign new announcement section... hmm

Kagz
09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah I want to see some of the pro wedding ones. *sniffles*

Ok cause im a forgetful loser I realized I didn't get anybodys info cause I had nothing to get it on. Now I am going to put this up here and hope it doesn't get spammed but if it does that will suck and my info will change and I will get it out to the proper people.

SOooo If you remember me and don't mind keeping in touch send me an email with your info like email, who you were, im addys etc. if you want to swap phone number i don't mind it would do me good to use it more. But yeah just email me at gessekaifangirl@aol.com Thanks I will start uploading photos now, I wont be able to put them all up because I ran out of space on my digi (which takes crappy shots.. I hope to get a better one soon) so I put it on my friends comp and will pick those up tommarrow. But I got alot to put up now so squee!

Kitaki
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I gotta thank all of the bleach cosplayers for a great first experience cosplaying, it wouldnt have been the same without you guys!!!

chouzan
09-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh WOOT. I now have all of my Bleach pictures up! That leaves only 140 photos for me to edit and upload from AFest! o:

For Sunday pictures, go here! (38 pics) (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/chouzan_kashou2/AnimeFEST%202006/Bleach%20Photoshoot%20%20on%20Sunday/)

Wow, everyone that didn't have a cosplay.com account before is getting one now... awesome-o!
I'm going to follow Kagz and give you all my email:
corey.chan11@gmail.com
And my AIM is:
Three Sided Died

If you're on deviantart or xanga, you can contact me through there, also. ^_^
Please don't hesitate to contact me! o:

Kitaki
09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I wish I had one before this AF then i could have been a bit more prepaired that was the awesomeness/craziness of the bleach mob. Either way it was fucking great and I look forward to seeing you all next year, bleach character or not.

Just in case:
Jeremy28465@gmail.com
Aim: Jeremy82465

Cat-Chans
09-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm going to put this up too, but if you IM me PLZ tell me who you are
becuase I ignore people I don't know
>>

AIM: cat chan 220
MSN: cat_chan220@hotmail.com
catchan220@gmail.com

Eared Inu Yasha
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Yay! Matsumoto loves you all lets go have drinks in the tower next time! ^_^

SenshiKino@Aol.com
Eared_inu_Yasha@yahoo.com

AIM: Eared Inu Yasha / SenshiKino
Yahoo mess: Eared_Inu_Yasha / Matsumoto_rangiku_of_Ash

musicalmafia
09-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Well sure, why not? I'd love to stay in touch with everyone~ And I agree, all these people now getting accounts here is great. :D

Email- waterkairi@yahoo.com
AIM- ninjafiendX3

Normally, I'm on AIM in the evenings, but feel free to email me anytime~

Oh, and before I forget, I have some Bleach Twister videos up now. X3 I picked the better ones, but they're all under 3 minutes. http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ninjafiendX3
Enjoy!~

LEGO Renji
09-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Well, while we're at it, here be mine:

EMail - TheGreatDrunkMonkey@gmail.com (long name, long story)
AIM - PWMD

I'm usually signed on AIM all day, it's just a matter of catching me when I'm not away or idling, which is usually after 8PM when I get home from work on weekdays and God only knows whenever I'm conscious AND at home on weekends. Oh, I really don't mind just chatting for the sake of it, that's what those programs are for after all. And yes, my AIM screen name is only 4 letters long, I've been using the same one since the days of AOL 2.0 back in 1993.

Kagz
09-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Ok so first I will be on a topic of sorts...

Here is my pics, I will let you guys know when I get the rest on.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Kagz/Anime%20FEST/06%20PICS/
if you click on the little bleach thing it will show you the pics for those who haven't used photobucket before. YAY!

And now for something that I found utterly amusing. I was just browsing DA for some good Soi Fong pictures to make some layouts with (I could draw them but that would take effort that could be spent on my captians coat...) Anywho... is it just me or did the twister thing start something firece?? (notice this was done before afest but still WTF?!?!)
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38598491/?qo=25&q=Soi+Fon

Saejima
09-07-2006, 12:43 AM
I need help on my shinji cosplay what color are these cloths hes wearing

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1135/shinjihirakorf0.jpg

Hey Kagz its me Bunshichi

gundammrw
09-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Ok so first I will be on a topic of sorts...

Here is my pics, I will let you guys know when I get the rest on.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Kagz/Anime%20FEST/06%20PICS/
if you click on the little bleach thing it will show you the pics for those who haven't used photobucket before. YAY!

And now for something that I found utterly amusing. I was just browsing DA for some good Soi Fong pictures to make some layouts with (I could draw them but that would take effort that could be spent on my captians coat...) Anywho... is it just me or did the twister thing start something firece?? (notice this was done before afest but still WTF?!?!)
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38598491/?qo=25&q=Soi+Fon

OMG if you drew a twister mat underneath that it'd be like Saturday night all over again. Even though he was on the recieving end of a bunch of fierceness, I envied the Renji for all the interesting um "positions" he was put in. heh.

And Saejima, although there isn't a conclusive color for that, I'd say his coat would be tan or beige in color. Probably a black shirt and red tie with what ever color jeans.

Kagz
09-07-2006, 01:18 AM
OMG if you drew a twister mat underneath that it'd be like Saturday night all over again. Even though he was on the recieving end of a bunch of fierceness, I envied the Renji for all the interesting um "positions" he was put in. heh.

LOL! Yeah thats what I thought about it. And that was deffinatly pain... no pleasure all pain. actually I think I hurt my neck doing that. It was all red afterwards. Oh well it was fun thats all that matters.

I think I fared pretty well considering I was injured when playing. I hurt my leg from falling funny while trying to get some neat in air shots. Sadly to get what I want I will have to jump from higher up, just this time I wont land on concrete slabs... I hope...

Asmaria
09-07-2006, 02:34 AM
;lahf;adslf ROFL @ the deviantart pic. XD

I posted some of the bleach pics now. They're in my gallery. Still have to post the sunday night ones, and my videos! Bleh, I've got sooo many to go through! ;o;

Oh- my contact info if anyone wants it too, since we're doing that:

AIM: freyallster (I'm usually invisible, but pop on sometimes. I'll try not to be invisible as often... c.c)
email: suupuuxiang@swordbreaker.com or asmary@gmail.com
LJ: asmaria.livejournal.com

LEGO Renji
09-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Oh, I'll get you for that, Kagz. I don't know how, but I will. To quote Stewie from Family Guy, "Vengence shall be mine!"

By the way, I don't have LiveJournal or a MySpace account (both scare me), but I do have a DeviantArt, http://thegreatdrunkmonkey.deviantart.com

Kitaki
09-07-2006, 07:57 AM
After seeing all the 2:00 pictures and twister shots it makes me wish I would have gone to both! Granted I would have sucked at twister (unless it was like colorblind twister, right hand gray just isnt as hard) it still would have been fun.

Edit:

Also I am looking for a good place to commission wigs, at first I was against it because I like my hair and figured I could just put it the way I wanted, but after my reluctancy(I looked it up and it is a real word incase that looks weird to anyone else) to cut it this year I think I might have to give into the wigs. Anyone know of a good place?

Asmaria
09-07-2006, 08:20 AM
After seeing all the 2:00 pictures and twister shots it makes me wish I would have gone to both! Granted I would have sucked at twister (unless it was like colorblind twister, right hand gray just isnt as hard) it still would have been fun.

Edit:

Also I am looking for a good place to commission wigs, at first I was against it because I like my hair and figured I could just put it the way I wanted, but after my reluctancy(I looked it up and it is a real word incase that looks weird to anyone else) to cut it this year I think I might have to give into the wigs. Anyone know of a good place?

Dude, you don't have to cut your hair to fit it in a wig. Get a wig cap at Sally's! My hair is curly, and used to be as long as yours. I only cut it so it would fit in the bald cap. It's pretty easy to get all that under a wig. Go to www.amphigory.com for a start. cosplay.com's wig shop is good too! Once you get used to telling the difference in the quality of wigs, ebay is sometimes okay as well.

Kitaki
09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Dude, you don't have to cut your hair to fit it in a wig. Get a wig cap at Sally's! My hair is curly, and used to be as long as yours. I only cut it so it would fit in the bald cap. It's pretty easy to get all that under a wig. Go to www.amphigory.com for a start. cosplay.com's wig shop is good too! Once you get used to telling the difference in the quality of wigs, ebay is sometimes okay as well.

No I didnt mean to cut it to fit in a wig, I was saying I was unwilling to cut it shorter this year to spike it up, hence why I was Kenpachi with my hair down. I just needed a good place to find wigs.

gundammrw
09-07-2006, 09:42 AM
LOL! Yeah thats what I thought about it. And that was deffinatly pain... no pleasure all pain. actually I think I hurt my neck doing that. It was all red afterwards. Oh well it was fun thats all that matters.

I think I fared pretty well considering I was injured when playing. I hurt my leg from falling funny while trying to get some neat in air shots. Sadly to get what I want I will have to jump from higher up, just this time I wont land on concrete slabs... I hope...

I hope your okay now. I noticed that it was getting pretty red during the game. As far as the shots go, some people just don't realize the pain we go through as cosplayers. Whether its a painful costume or pose we hurt ourselves for our craft. But in the end if we get a good shot than maybe we can convince ourselves its all worth it.

Kitaki - If you look under the wigs discussion on this forum it usually has some links for some good wigs. I"m also searching for a wig for my Grimmjaw costume. My hair didn't turn out like his at all so by A-kon I'm hoping to have a fully fuctional wig ready to go.

Asmaria
09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Bleach Twister, the walk to the photoshoot, and some other stuff up on my youtube account! XD http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=asmaria

More to come later.

Cat-Chans
09-07-2006, 02:38 PM
If you go to the spam forum and make a post you can get some commisioners that way.
Kaitie Bair is amazing, but also usualy booked solid and expensive.

IF
you feel ambiscious head over the the wig and hair forum and read up on styling yourself. A style like Kenpachi wouldn't require increadibly intensive styling, just a lot of spikeing.

chouzan
09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the pictures and videos everyone!! o:
That DevArt drawing is too funny.. XD

Hmm.. that wig advice will surely come in handy for me, since I've never purchased a wig before but am hoping to do so for A-kon!

I FINALLY have all my AFest pictures up (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/chouzan_kashou2/AnimeFEST%202006/)(or all that are somewhat worthy of posting! O_o )

HackerEd
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Yachiru proposes that Bleach twister becomes a new tradition. Who wants rematches at Oni? I'll bring the set up!

Oh and I still remember Matsumoto talking to her taichou on the couch Sunday. "I'm doing it for the betterment of our squad. Besides, you're better at doing the paperwork anyways." That was classic^^

chouzan
09-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Yachiru proposes that Bleach twister becomes a new tradition. Who wants rematches at Oni? I'll bring the set up!

Oh and I still remember Matsumoto talking to her taichou on the couch Sunday. "I'm doing it for the betterment of our squad. Besides, you're better at doing the paperwork anyways." That was classic^^
And I SECOND that, because I missed the first time! D:
haha... yeah, that was hilarious! I got pictures of it.. but that kind of takes away from the whole scene when you can't hear the audio. O_o

gundammrw
09-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Bleach Twister, the walk to the photoshoot, and some other stuff up on my youtube account! XD http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=asmaria

More to come later.

Those are some awesome vids. I so got stopped in twister. We should have some matches like in the manga.

Renji vs Il Forte
Grimmjow vs Ichigo
Rupi vs Hitsugaya
Rupi vs Grimmjow

and so on. I hope everyone can make it to A-Kon next year. I see alot of the people are going to Oni-con which makes me want to go even more.

chouzan
09-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Fights from the manga are a must.

Yeah... if I wasn't bogged down with my senior year of high school I could maybe earn some money and head off to Oni-con.. >_<
I'll definitely be going to A-kon and AnimeFEST next year, though. And I have high hopes for Anime Expo...

gundammrw
09-08-2006, 12:48 AM

Most definitely something that should be brought for Bleachers. At first it was weird since everyone was quiet but once something happened or someone said something the enviroment turned quite lively. I look forward to future body twisting adventures.:rockon:

Kagz
09-08-2006, 01:28 AM
Most definitely something that should be brought for Bleachers. At first it was weird since everyone was quiet but once something happened or someone said something the enviroment turned quite lively. I look forward to future body twisting adventures.:rockon:

Its because I kicked Renji's ass Im sure! LOL!!!

Kagz
09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
ok my pics are up and I don't know if you have all looked yet or not but I like this picture alot and I think Matsumoto will agree!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Kagz/Anime%20FEST/06%20PICS/Bleach/?action=view&current=95142-R1-14-13A.jpg&refPage=40&imgAnch=imgAnch47

So fangirls you tell me what you think?

And this whole EGL girl crossover thing should seriously happen at Akon! If we can get alot of people to do it I can maybe talk matsumoto into doing EGL Hitsugia I need your help!!! So I am gonna make a post for it in the Akon forum and you guys go check it out!

Asmaria
09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Lol, I have more videos, but I am well enough to go to work now, so I'll have to post them tonight. I spent a lot of yesterday editing photos, so I didn't put any others up yet. I /did/ get the conversation of Matsumoto and Hitsugaya on film, so don't worry. ^^ I also have the wedding salute. Hopefully I'll get it all up tonight.

And as for the EGL bit at A-kon, I was only gonna tell Cat-chan and Mel Mel Chan, but if it's really becoming such a big group thing, well. XD I'm planning a Chad. See? :D I think my hair works for it. (http://dragonpalace.net/~asmaria/cosplay/progress/hair.JPG)

Ok. I really need to get to work, or I won't be able to afford Oni-con. (Of which, if I go, I promise to bring back Ikkaku, if only to play Twister as him. XD But I'll find a way to not get makeup on everything I touch. c_c)

chouzan
09-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I think I want to go for EGL Urahara... I'm getting some good ideas. o_o

And I would love to see Ikkaku return for Twister! o: I don't know who I'll end up playing Twister in, but it probably won't be Hiyori because of my precious mask. ~_~

Oh, and Kagz, I think that picture is HOT. lol..
We should have a Bleach fuzzy-ear shoot. XD

Geostormz
09-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I know this is off topic, I just got through watching the bleach twister. Its hilarious....lol. I'm gonna have to buy the twister game for Onicon. So what do ya think, would you guys be interested in another bleach twister at Onicon?

Oh, and here is my contact info
geostormz@gmail.com

HackerEd
09-08-2006, 03:23 PM
You know I'm interested^^

Cat-Chans
09-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I think that Bleach twister should become a con staple.

Rachael-chan
09-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Off topic: The Shinigami march was only 15 min!?!?!?! It seemed like forever!
I'd also like to cosplay an EGL Bleach person. I was thinking Don Kanoji. But I have no idea how to make an EGL costume. ;___;

chouzan
09-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't have much of an idea on how to make EGL either, Rachael-chan. ~_~
But I can draw designs... so I think after I sketch something out and see it, I won't have a problem creating it.

Hmm... it might've been a 20 minute march. XD
I turned around to look at downtown upon leaving... and HOLY CRAP did the hotel and Fountain Plaza look far away from eachother! o_o
We walked a long way! o:

Cat-Chans
09-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Well, if anyone needs design help drop me a line
(:

Castarr4
09-08-2006, 09:27 PM
EGL? (I haven't read the manga...is it a manga thing?)

And the march back was alot longer for me (stopping for ice cream, remembering I'd forgotten my bag at the fountains, then dropped my wig on the way back...I ended up with all my stuff, but it took a while).

Eared Inu Yasha
09-08-2006, 09:28 PM
The joy that is bleach! Yes let us twister! And yes! I want to do a Neko bleach shoot where everyone one wears cat ears! ^___^

Im glad yall liked me goofing around so much! I was thinking that I was just looking stupid...

but ofcourse I would only get negative feed back from my taichou anyway!

~Matsumoto

Kagz
09-08-2006, 09:46 PM
YAY!! Ima finish up the drawing of my egl stuff when I finish cleaning my room and post them tonight and see what you guys think, I have never done an egl before so its rough on me and good experience for the Meru Puri costume I wanna do one day! Soi fong coat is coming along and its either innerfacing or a little bleed through orange... whyyyy!?!?! I want it to look good in pictures and in person... stupid orange showing through in person!! OH Well enough complaing more cleaning. *sighs*

Kagz
09-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Off topic: The Shinigami march was only 15 min!?!?!?! It seemed like forever!
I'd also like to cosplay an EGL Bleach person. I was thinking Don Kanoji. But I have no idea how to make an EGL costume. ;___;

Well I haven't ever made it before either but if you want some help with design ideas Im more then willing to help if you want.

Cat-Chans
09-08-2006, 10:00 PM
EGL? (I haven't read the manga...is it a manga thing?)

And the march back was alot longer for me (stopping for ice cream, remembering I'd forgotten my bag at the fountains, then dropped my wig on the way back...I ended up with all my stuff, but it took a while).
EGL is the abreviation for Elegant Gothic Lolita, the fashion style made popular by Mana-sama. It usualy consists of frilly lacey skirts and dresses with victorian inspired tops and head dresses. If you saw me at the cosplay show on Sunday, that was my Gothic Lolita interpretation of Ichigo. Aparently I've started a trend
P:

OH MAN
I still need to clean my room, it's like an explosion of crap. It was bad before I left...but now it's that plus all my bags and stuff. I just have so much work to do T____T
and I'm taking Defensive Driving since I'm the procrastination queen...I had 3 months to do it, I wait till 2 weeks before its due

orangepassion
09-08-2006, 10:48 PM
XD; Cat-chan! I love your EGL Ichi-nii! :O I really want to cosplay EGL Yachiru like in the Jump Festa Episode *a;jfads;jfaslj can't remember*

There's also free patterns online! If you want I can send you some sites that I found. OH! And maybe check out the EGL forums here?

Cat-Chans
09-08-2006, 11:08 PM
I would love it if somone did that costume, I would love it more if they found someone to be the punked out Kenpachi.
XD

If Renji's wig wasn't so intensive my next costume would be Cop Renji for sure, but I just don't think I'm ready to tackle a widows peak of that magnatude
D:

Kitaki
09-08-2006, 11:09 PM
EGL is the abreviation for Elegant Gothic Lolita, the fashion style made popular by Mana-sama. It usualy consists of frilly lacey skirts and dresses with victorian inspired tops and head dresses. If you saw me at the cosplay show on Sunday, that was my Gothic Lolita interpretation of Ichigo. Aparently I've started a trend
P:

OH MAN
I still need to clean my room, it's like an explosion of crap. It was bad before I left...but now it's that plus all my bags and stuff. I just have so much work to do T____T
and I'm taking Defensive Driving since I'm the procrastination queen...I had 3 months to do it, I wait till 2 weeks before its due

It seems having a really messy room is a staple of bleach cosplayers from animefest because mine is also in a state of disarray.

Also on a side note, what are you taking defensive driving for? I ask because I am about to be off probation for lack of insurance -.-

chouzan
09-08-2006, 11:26 PM
As is my room... I tried cleaning it a BIT before I left... but once I got back I had to go straight to school practically, so everything has just been laying around since I haven't had time to clean it. And when my room is messy, I find it very annoying! D:

OMFG. PLEASE do the EGL Yachiru from the OVA! ~_~ (adorable!)

orangepassion
09-08-2006, 11:52 PM
HAI DESU~!

XD my room is just like that...there's still an empty box of pocky from like...Sunday on my desk..HEY! there's another pack of pocky in there! D: *late*

Oh! and the pattern thing was directed towards you Chouzan. :O and yeah!

chouzan
09-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Patterns thing? O_o *goes back to read*

Ah! I don't know how I skipped over that last line! D:
Sure, even if I end up not using the EGL patterns, there's no harm in having them! I would love to see them! ^_^
You can either PM them or send them to my email, I suppose! Thanks! <3

Cat-Chans
09-09-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm taking it for a ticket dismissal
D:

damn West police men
>>

I'm doing it through a site called getdefensive.com
So far it's easy, and I'm just about half way done. I want to finish by sunday so my certificate is processed on Monday...hopefully gets here within a week and I can fed ex it out to the court
>>

I totaly should have done this sooner.

LEGO Renji
09-09-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm totally up for another game of Bleach Twister, but my question is will it get down to grudge matches between myself and Kagz again?

Oh, Chouzan, I can sympathize with the room situation. About 3 weeks prior to AFest, I just cleaned my room and reorganized the furniture (my cats acted like they had just found a lost world, most of them aren't even old enough to remember the last time it was clean), but then I had to break out the LEGOs, 3 20-gallon tubs of the little bricks of joy, to construct Zabimaru about a week before con and that pretty much negated any progress I made with my room, haha. And since I'm going to Onicon, perhaps Ikki as well, it looks like they won't be going anywhere soon.

chouzan
09-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Man.. that sucks, Cat! D: Doing it online sounds pretty convenient, though!

We should have a Twister tournament! XD

haha... yeah, that sounds exactly like my room, LEGO Renji... x_x
After I started cutting fabric, gluing my cardboard sword, and all that other laborous activity on my floor, my room was covered in scrappy junk. My mom bugged me about it a lot, but I didn't want to clean it just to have it get dirty again while I was finishing my projects. But lo, it turns out she just got so sick of it that she vaccumed it herself yesterday! I'm okay with that. XD Now there's just random crap in sacks under my bed and on my dressers to clean up. O_o

Asmaria
09-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm... not gonna comment on my room. XD It's probably like the void that was sucking things up in the filler season. *dies*

Good luck, Cat-chan! Haha, Renji, you two may have a grudge match, but I'm challenging you as Ikkaku. ~_~

Arei
09-09-2006, 02:28 PM
on topic of messy rooms, mine as well is a mess...then again it is always a mess...i really should clean it, maybe after work..though it would help if i was tall enough to put my manga up on the shelf D:

LEGO Renji
09-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Bring it on, Asmaria!

The floor of my room is actually fairly clean (mostly clothes inhabit it now), while I have a 5'6" long table dedicated to projects such as cosplay and whatnot, but it's pretty much my LEGO workbench. More than anything, the various tubs and boxes/lids on which my actual LEGOs sit on/in are what take up the most space.

LEGO Renji
09-09-2006, 08:22 PM
If Renji's wig wasn't so intensive my next costume would be Cop Renji for sure, but I just don't think I'm ready to tackle a widows peak of that magnatude
D:

Well, I'm attempting to tackle that, and I'm willing to cut my hair to satisfy the widow's peak aspect, so wish me luck.

HackerEd
09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
My room is bad. I still haven't unpacked from AFest, and everything is everywhere. It's getting cleaned tomorrow because I *finally* got a day off from work.

In keeping with our EGL Bleach, I thought about doing EGL Kon. Then Cat-Chan can step on me! *j/k* but I might do it anyways. That or Yachiru's EGL. Or both. I fear for my budget. :toothy:

Kitaki
09-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I claim the dirtiest room with a pile of stuff (I honestly dont know what is in there at this point) knee high to my left and the only floor visible is under my chair because I have to roll around in this spot.

Pollux
09-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Hey there, folken! I FINALLY posted some pics from Sunday night. I'm going to blame my photographer friend for taking blurry pictures, because there's only five good ones of the group. They're in my gallery for your enjoyment, anyway. Three from the wedding and two of everyone just milling about.

And I will marry whoever cosplays 70s Renji with a Chappi shirt. Swear to God. <3

Kagz
09-10-2006, 03:41 AM
Kitaki I think I have you beat. The stuff thats .... er... was in my room made me sick yeah thats right I had such a cosplay mess that I made myself ill..... heh heh stupid hollow masks really are dangerous. But I want little masks to put on the head piece it would be cute! And I want a new hollow mask and other people have asked for them.... why why must the powder be toxic??? TT.TT I just want to live to Akon at this point... *sniffles* Though my Yourichi came and watched movies with me today!! *squee!!* Oh yeah and matsumoto and another friend of mine were there too.

I still feel like crap though. Oh well Im getting used to this cosplay kicking my butt and enjuring me thing... I guess.

And Renji you don't stand a chance because next time I totally wont be hurt and I will be in full limber mode without the retraint of pain in my legs to hold me back!! FEAR ME THE EVIL BATTLE TWISTER QUEEN!!!.... *cough cough*

LEGO Renji
09-10-2006, 10:23 AM
And I will marry whoever cosplays 70s Renji with a Chappi shirt. Swear to God. <3

Oh dear...I was thinking about doing that for Ikki or AKon.

Looks like I have two challenges so far to match at Bleach Twister come Onicon, so bring it on! I'll have more comfortable shoes by then!

Lady Saea
09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
O.o; I haven't read much of this thread...but I thought I'd join by saying that I will have Kuchiki Byakuya ready for Oni-Con 2006. :D

Pollux
09-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh dear...I was thinking about doing that for Ikki or AKon.
Haha... only counts if I'm there to see it. Good thing for you I won't be able to make either of those. Or is it a bad thing? :P

Eared Inu Yasha
09-10-2006, 04:02 PM
my Yourichi came and watched movies with me today!! *squee!!* Oh yeah and matsumoto and another friend of mine were there too.

Well geee. Yay. Nice after thought there.

~Matsumoto

Kagz
09-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Well geee. Yay. Nice after thought there.

~Matsumoto

Of course your only an afterthought Yourichisama rains supreme!!

LOL but seriously thanks for coming over it made me feel a little better till I started hacking again but it was over quickly enough... I still feel rough though I hope I am better tommarrow. TT.TT

I have seen in the picture gallery a few shots of the wedding shoot but most of it was blurry Im still looking for that one guys gallery he gave me a card but im not sure which card of the ones I got was his. When I find it though I will post a link here.

LEGO Renji
09-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Amaria has a video of it, methinks.

LEGO Renji
09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Haha... only counts if I'm there to see it. Good thing for you I won't be able to make either of those. Or is it a bad thing? :P

I don't know, it's not every day I'm threatened with the prospect of marriage, haha.

Kitaki
09-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Kitaki I think I have you beat. The stuff thats .... er... was in my room made me sick yeah thats right I had such a cosplay mess that I made myself ill..... heh heh stupid hollow masks really are dangerous. But I want little masks to put on the head piece it would be cute! And I want a new hollow mask and other people have asked for them.... why why must the powder be toxic??? TT.TT I just want to live to Akon at this point... *sniffles* Though my Yourichi came and watched movies with me today!! *squee!!* Oh yeah and matsumoto and another friend of mine were there too.

Man thats not fair, because I was refering to everyday dirtiness, and I havent been sick in over 4 years -.-

I hate admiting defeat, but I bow to your dirtiness (haha).

Kagz
09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Man thats not fair, because I was refering to everyday dirtiness, and I havent been sick in over 4 years -.-

I hate admiting defeat, but I bow to your dirtiness (haha).

HEh heh... wait maybe I shouldn't be proud... but I can't help it my room was always so clean until I started the obsessive hobby of cosplay. *pout whine cry*

Kagz
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Ok so here are my plans. I totally redrew from my first 2 original ideas. And don't mind the shizty artwork or the notes eh heh.

Oh yeah and I don't mind if there are other EGL girl ichi's they just better not look just like mine, Im putting it up for helpful critisim from Bleach fans not for thieving Bleach fans. Posters of this forum im pretty sure you guys wouldn't but you know how some people are so I just wanted to make a warning. If I see this costume in exact replica I will hunt people down. ^.^ Im not choosing a blood thirsty character for no reason folks! Anywho enjoy and if you guys have any suggestions let me know!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Kagz/hollowphichigo.jpg

Geostormz
09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Off topic: I'm glad to see that yall are interested in the twister game. I'll definitely bring it to Onicon.

Cosplay update, I'm going to Onicon as Kuchiki Byakuya, Inverse Ichigo shikai/bankai, and Ichi ban taicho (the old man, I cant remember his name :))

Hollow Ichigo EGL huh.... that seem interesting, cant wait to see it. Oh, and another thing, I wonder who is more blood thirsty, hollow release Ichigo or reverse hollow Ichico (he does have that killer grin on his face)?

orangepassion
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
D: i wish i was around for the twister game! YAY! 8D I can't wait for Onicon now!

oh! XD I hope things for the Hollow Ichigo EGL goes well Kags!

chouzan
09-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Guess who just had dinner with the Justice League? wo0t! The best thing is that I'm not even kidding. XD
Batman brought me home! X3

ooo Kagz, I like your design! I can't wait to see that! o:
I did a front sketch of my Urahara EGL, so I'll have to upload that and see what you guys think. I want to do a sketch of the back first, though... ^^;

This week is so busy because of homecoming! O_o

Asmaria
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Dude, Kagz, I can't wait to see that finished. o_o

Geostormz, yay! More twister. I'll see you at Oni-con, I just bought my pass two days ago. LMAO, you're gonna be Yamamoto Genryuusai? XD If you're bringing Byakuya, I really gotta finish my young Rukia kimono. It's not accurate, but it's close enough. Shame I didn't have it done in time for A-fest, but then again I probably wouldn't have had time to wear it.

Cat-Chans
09-12-2006, 01:51 PM
...I still need to register for Oni-con...it also might be good to put in my request off
D:

Damn it I JUST caught up from Afest and now I have to start prep for Oni
T_____T
I just bought my new wig
(:

Kitaki
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Off topic: I'm glad to see that yall are interested in the twister game. I'll definitely bring it to Onicon.

Cosplay update, I'm going to Onicon as Kuchiki Byakuya, Inverse Ichigo shikai/bankai, and Ichi ban taicho (the old man, I cant remember his name :))

Hollow Ichigo EGL huh.... that seem interesting, cant wait to see it. Oh, and another thing, I wonder who is more blood thirsty, hollow release Ichigo or reverse hollow Ichico (he does have that killer grin on his face)?

How do you plan to pull off the Inverse Ichigo? I always thought that would be an awesome cosplay but between the white makeup, contacts, and black mouth (however you would pull it off) it seemed utterly impossible.

Geostormz
09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kitaki
How do you plan to pull off the Inverse Ichigo? I always thought that would be an awesome cosplay but between the white makeup, contacts, and black mouth (however you would pull it off) it seemed utterly impossible.

Here is how my costume work, the white hair is cover by white hair spray, the make is also cover by white body paint cream, the black teeth is tough so I'm just going to put on black lipstick, and the contact is red because I cant afford the yellow ones. I bought most of these stuff at Walmart halloween section. Its may not be a hundred percent exact but its close enought. I need to get started though, thank god my one teacher decided to cancel class today.

Edit: I forgot to add that his bankai sword is also white. Does anyone know if his shikai sword is also inverted?

Pollux
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Here is how my costume work, the white hair is cover by white hair spray, the make is also cover by white body paint cream, the black teeth is tough so I'm just going to put on black lipstick, and the contact is red because I cant afford the yellow ones. I bought most of these stuff at Walmart halloween section. Its may not be a hundred percent exact but its close enought. I need to get started though, thank god my one teacher decided to cancel class today.

Edit: I forgot to add that his bankai sword is also white. Does anyone know if his shikai sword is also inverted?
Not sure about the sword, but I bet you could use food coloring or baker's tasteless ink to make your mouth black. It wouldn't be totally totally black... I'm sure it would wear off around your teeth some, but it would still be a cool effect. If you have a cake shop or anything like that around where you live I bet they could hook you up with the ink. Food coloring would probably be cheaper though, and I bet it would work just as well.

Cat-Chans
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
go look up Nekid Ichigo

He did it and he did it really well
D:

Geostormz
09-13-2006, 10:04 AM
To cposey:
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try that. It will be much better than using black lipstick, thank you.

To Cat-Chan~:
Nekid Ichigo? I cant seem to find him in the member list or costume search.
If you have the link plz post it. Thank you.

Asmaria
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Here he is! http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=47687&member=36421

I'm pretty sure there's stage makeup for changing the color of the inside of your mouth. I really need that for Hollow Kaien. I'd reccomend Mehron stage paint if you're gonna paint all your skin. I did that for my green skin, and it stayed pretty well. It came off on stuff a little, but if you set it with arisol hairspray, it keeps it from cracking and coming off as much. It also washes out really easy!

Geostormz
09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
How am I suppost to compete with that.... :) He did a really good job, for a moment I thought he was the real hollow ichigo. He even got the yellow eye. My costume is gonna be off because of the eye.

chouzan
09-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I've always hated having problems with eyes... my natural color is blue, and none of the characters I've done have blue eyes. I can't afford to buy specialized contacts, unfortunately. D:
I figure that as long as people do a good job on the costume and look like they at least attempted to fix everything else, a cosplay is quite worthy! o:

Kagz
09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
*nods*

I mean Soi Fong (don't ask me why) but in her youth her eyes were brown but now there like dark grey... Then again thats why my familys eyes do so I guess thats normal..... *sighs* Oh well I will just have to get some when I can.

But I do agree that contacts are just a nice bonus there not essential for it I mean if your costume itself rocks nobody is gonna know. A friend of mine did hollow ichi and nobody really noticed he didn't have the contacts cause he did such an awesome job otherwise.

Cat-Chans
09-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Eye color is one of those things that I think can be overlooked in most cases. Like glasses, or braces. Everyone understands that you can't see without you're glasses so no one should hastle you for wearing them while in costume. Correct color for character eyes is something that most people will overlook. Unless the character's eyes are are important and that color for a specific reason that is esential to the plot then I would never notice. Kakashi is an example, the sharingan is pretty important. I think that reverse Ichigo having yellow eyes is more esential than normal, but if you do an outstanding job on the rest of the costume it will be overlooked. It's someting that would put a costume from good to amazing.

Asmaria
09-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I didn't have contacts for Kaien. :O I tried to hide my eyes with my hair instead. X) I guess you can't do that with Wichigo though. But props and the way you carry yourself and pose for the costume go a long way too. It's never one thing, all the little things come together to make a good costume. I can't wait to see yours! (And I think red eyes are awesome and evil too anyway. XD New twist?)

Kitaki
09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
How am I suppost to compete with that.... :) He did a really good job, for a moment I thought he was the real hollow ichigo. He even got the yellow eye. My costume is gonna be off because of the eye.

Yeah eyes dont seem liek that big of a deal. I know personally those are sorta the last thing on my mind (granted his do kinda stick out). People will probably think I am stupid for doign this, but I limit myself on who i cosplay as because of my body type. I really thought about doing inverse ichigo but ichigo is a gangly guy and im a big guy, thats why I like to pick guys like Kenpachi. It works better that way.

Lady Saea
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Its good to pick characters that fit your body type. And theres nothing inbetween those lines saying good or bad things about a body type. Its just facts that someone puny like me could not pull off the muscular giant that is Kenpachi and you wouldn't be able to pull off someone say like Ichigo or Byakuya. ^_^ I'm glad you think that way though.

And yeah...eyes are the last thing I think about. Some people ignore hair and shoes but I believe those are just as important as every other piece of the costume. I never neglect wigs or footwear. But I rarely deal with eyes. I've been lucky that a few of my cosplays have had the same color eyecolor. Otherwise, I ignore it unless its a big feature (Inverse Ichigo, Souseiseki/Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden, etc).

Cat-Chans
09-14-2006, 10:53 PM
OMG YES
Shoes and hair are important...
D:

I've done some costumes that I'm too tall for...but whatever, my height worked to my advantage for costumes like Kaiba, but not so much for Sakura and Haruhi...

chouzan
09-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Yep... stuff like shoes and hair can definitely be helped, but height most certainly cannot. x_x
I am/was too tall for my Misa cosplay, but that's something people will just have to accept. XD I even tried to make myself shorter by buying loafers instead of wearing the cute 2-3" shoes I had at A-kon. I'm not sure it made much of a difference!

Eared Inu Yasha
09-15-2006, 02:28 AM
I think hair is one of the most important things about a costume if not THE most important. Someone can have a mediocre costume, but wear and great wig and then suddenly they look more like the character than someone who made every detail but had completely wrong hair.

I like to get shoes right too. A lot of times before I work on a costume I get the footwear and wig done first and then work on the rest. Shoes are not such a big deal I suppose, but I really like to have the right ones.

As for eyes ... having the right eye color is a nice touch, and could make your costume all the better, but I feel that unless the character has really unique eyes, that should be the last detail to work on. I really wanted contacts for Inu Yasha since he has catlike eyes. So I got those. I've held off doing a Demon version of Inu Yasha because I felt that the red scarlas were a very defining characteristic and I don't really feel like paying $150-300 on a pair of most likely really uncomfortable contacts that may only last me a year anyway. (I may do it one day anyway just cause it looks really cool!)

On body types...

a persons build really enhances how much they look like the character. This is another case where if the costume is only so so but the person just really looks like the character they will get more recognition for their costume rather than someone who has all the details but a build that is just off. Hard-core fans will appreciate the details, but a sexy guy who has an okay costume just might get more attention than a cross playing chick who has all the gear.

But you know what? There have been plenty of cases where I have seen people who don't really have the "look" of their character do such a fabulous job that it really doesn't Matter.

Maybe all those cosplayers out their who are in-between tall and short and in between thick and thin really do have an advantage. Since they are in the middle they can pull a few tricks to do lots of different looks. Costumes and makeup can do a lot!

Course IM sure we would all rather look like super models! XD

But I would like to close with this...

Who do you cosplay for? Do you do it for attention, or do you do it for yourself because you have fun!? If there is a character that you feel you don't look like but really love -- Do it! Do the best you can and make every last puny detail! When you don't have the look to start with that should just encourage you to be extra competitive! Put those people who were gifted with the look to shame XD You may get some criticism, but here is my take on that. I really think someone who would turn their nose up at a persons costume that had every last detail and was well crafted just because their build was off would be a cosplay snob. What is really important is whether or not you are having fun.

Eared Inu Yasha
09-15-2006, 02:41 AM
Yep... stuff like shoes and hair can definitely be helped, but height most certainly cannot. x_x
I am/was too tall for my Misa cosplay, but that's something people will just have to accept. XD I even tried to make myself shorter by buying loafers instead of wearing the cute 2-3" shoes I had at A-kon. I'm not sure it made much of a difference!

When you think about it, the height of the character you are portraying really only matters in context with other cosplayers of the show characters. And in this case, no big deal. If you are supposed to be shorter than so and so, do ground poses when the other person stands. ^_^

In my saiyuki group I was goku and I was taller than Gyojo(sp??) Our lyrin was the right height for her though, So I always kneeled. And I think the pictures turned out fine.

Also I am taller than Azmaria. When she was Gin and I took pictures with her as Matsumoto, I always took care to kneel or do a ground pose. :) it all works out.

And poor Kagz just loves all the shorties in the world of anime, but is gifted with height.
But thats fine! She does who she wants to do and has fun! And she does ground poses or kneels for photos. In most of our Inu Yasha cosplay I look taller than her cause of this. ^_^

Like I said earlier, have fun!

Eared Inu Yasha
09-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Not sure about the sword, but I bet you could use food coloring or baker's tasteless ink to make your mouth black. It wouldn't be totally totally black... I'm sure it would wear off around your teeth some, but it would still be a cool effect. If you have a cake shop or anything like that around where you live I bet they could hook you up with the ink. Food coloring would probably be cheaper though, and I bet it would work just as well.

In my theatre make up class I took a couple years ago my teacher had a jar of black frosting that they used for undead make up. The actors would put it in their mouth to blacken everything and refresh as needed. And as a plus it tastes yummy!

Geostormz
09-15-2006, 08:03 AM
ah, hair..... one of the hardest part of cosplay. Does anyone have tip for dealing wig? Since I'm on a budget, I uset the Walmart halloween wig and it is hell trying to comb it. Is more expensive wig easier to deal with?

Asmaria
09-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Cut off what you don't need while leaving room to still shape your wig if you have to cut more off (It's always better to have too much than too little). That way you don't have to comb through as much. But don't throw away what you cut off until you're done, because you may have to glue bits of hair back into the wig if you mess up! (I sewed an extention into my friend's Yuan wig once because I cut the bangs too long. Good as new! :D)

If you take a pic of the wig in question, that may help us give ideas too, since the quality varies in halloween wigs.

But yeah, costlier wigs have more hair and don't tangle /near/ as easy. :|

For my friend's Ichigo wig, we got a straight shoulderlength clown wig (the poofy kind, not curly), and cut it and spiked it with cheap hairspray. The fact that it looked hideous before we cut it only lended itself to the messy short hair when we cut most of it off XD

Lady Saea
09-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, height is hard to deal with. By body type I didnt mean as much height as I meant overall shape and muscle build. Like I really wanted to cosplay Kohaku from Inuyasha because hes not cosplayed much and I loved his character. So I did. I was taller than all of the Sangos...but I just kneeled most of the time. ^_^

Kitaki
09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I didnt mean height really, you can always make yourself seem smaller, hell you can even make yourself seem bigger (vertically and horizontally). However you can not make yourself seem smaller (horizontally that is) if you are big person like me. Granted I lost 60 pounds before this cosplay there are still a lot of characters that I cant even go near. Building muscle and losing weight is all good and dandy but still the main characters (which always seem fun to play) are usually small guys. So its always nice to find a big guy who a lot of people like, such as kenpachi.

On the topic of hair, I know I didnt spike it, im sorry :bigcry: I couldnt help it I had already cut off like 2 and a half inches and I wasnt really willing to cut anymore. It was just to heavy for any gel or spray. However I did spray that black stuff on it and I gotta say that was hell, two giant cans and emphasima later I had semi black hair that stained everything it touched. I just used the cop-out "Im Kenpachi with his hair down" :bigtu:

Rachael-chan
09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm 5' 7" and pudgy. If body size really mattered I wouldn't be cosplaying Ururu. I wanted to get bright blue contacts but I couldn't afford them. But I don't think anyone really cared.
And besides it doesn't matter how big you are. If the costume looks good on you wear it.

Asmaria
09-15-2006, 04:46 PM
On the topic of hair, I know I didnt spike it, im sorry :bigcry: I couldnt help it I had already cut off like 2 and a half inches and I wasnt really willing to cut anymore. It was just to heavy for any gel or spray. However I did spray that black stuff on it and I gotta say that was hell, two giant cans and emphasima later I had semi black hair that stained everything it touched. I just used the cop-out "Im Kenpachi with his hair down" :bigtu:

Dude, Kenpachi DOES wear his hair down. XD Back when he first became captain. I thought you did it on purpose, and I was amused. Anyway, definitely want to get good pics at Oni-con with ya when I bring back Ikkaku. ^^

Cat-Chans
09-15-2006, 06:08 PM
OMG He did...
I forgot about that

Don't feel bad thought man, back when I first started I didn't understand or care about the importance of hair. I did a Koto costume and my hair was as long as it is now...and for referance Koto has a crazy 80's big hair style
D:

On the subject of wigs...think about it this way. You need a car, you can either buy a nice new ferrari or a 67 station wagon. The Ferrari is going to cost a lot more, but in the long run it's a good investment. The station wagon is probably going to stall on some train tracks or something...

The more money you put into a wig, the better quality it is. They arn't that expensive, an investment of 30-40 dollars in a quality wig will last a while...where you're probably going to have to get a new ghetto wig every time since they tangle so much.

Kagz
09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Another good thing about priceyer (SP?) wigs is that there made out of better matterials. That makes them far far easier to style. Especially with my favorite method. Heat treating. A prime example of this is my Soi Fong wig. Because its a good quality wig it doesn't tangle alot and because of the way its styled when it gets wet... it doesn't clump up and become a mess that will never be fixed it just pops back into position. n.n

I also regularly give my wigs baths which means after every con I have to restyle some of them if they were in special designs or whatnot. I don't mind though cause then its not stinky. Another thing you can only do with the better quality wigs is dye them. If you haven't tried this on your own before I recomend going to Katie Bairs site and buy some and read the directions... *has made own wig dye* it was a pain in the butt!!

But yeah if you really want it exact and just can't get it yourself Im sure there are plenty of wig stylist peoples here if you send them your wig they will fix it for you. I am one. But if you would rather do it yourself there are some good tips in the forums if you look for them! Yay cosplay.com to the rescue again!

Lady Saea
09-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Theres easier and less expensive ways to dye wigs. SchizoIori and I use the broken open sharpie + alcohol method. We used it to add silver tint to a purple Kuja wig and she used it to custom dye her Escaflowne Merle wig. ^_^ Just something to test. (Best mixed together in a spray bottle and voila...just comb through).

SchizoIori
09-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Theres easier and less expensive ways to dye wigs. SchizoIori and I use the broken open sharpie + alcohol method. We used it to add silver tint to a purple Kuja wig and she used it to custom dye her Escaflowne Merle wig. ^_^ Just something to test. (Best mixed together in a spray bottle and voila...just comb through).

Uchiha told me this method so as Jonobi said I custom dyed both of our wigs this way and they came out lovely. Use one sharpie for more subtle color and highlights and more for more color. ^_^

Asmaria
09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Woah, you can use alchohol and a sharpie? Because I was hand-coloring Renji's new wig, and it's taking forever. D: Is it ok to swap methods halfway through?

SchizoIori
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Woah, you can use alchohol and a sharpie? Because I was hand-coloring Renji's new wig, and it's taking forever. D: Is it ok to swap methods halfway through?

Yea alcohol and sharpie works very nicely and is a nice cheap method. I'm sure you could switch methods just make sure that you concentrate to color equally and I'm sure no one will be able to tell.

Eared Inu Yasha
09-22-2006, 02:49 AM
http://www.youtube/watch?v=A4lFbaW165A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4lFbaW165A)

ANIMEFEST bleachers may think that this is funny XD

MexicAnime
09-22-2006, 03:54 AM
http://www.youtube/watch?v=A4lFbaW165A

ANIMEFEST bleachers may think that this is funny XD

Uuhhh, it's broken link. You may wanna check it again, to make sure you got the right link.

Eared Inu Yasha
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
okay, the link has been fixed ^_^

chouzan
09-22-2006, 05:26 PM
haha.. nice! ^_^

I also watched a lot of Asmaria's videos from AFest... those were really awesome, too! I especially liked the music video tribute! It was very nicely done and pretty much emcompassed the awesomeness that occured at the con! XD

Eared Inu Yasha
09-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I liked her videos too. That music video tribute was awsome. ^_^

Asmaria
09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Wow, thanks guys XD I am getting a bigger memory card for Oni-con, so I'll record more this time around! Maybe in-character interviews or something. *remembers Matsumoto's paperwork explanation to Hitsugaya-taichou*

LEGO Renji
09-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Maybe this time I'll do the actual 'Renji Shuffle', haha.

Kagz
09-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Lol, the Renji shuffle.... *snickers* But yeah more power to those who take video feed cause its just freaking awesome!

chouzan
09-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I would totally take videos if I had the space on my card. O_o I've got a 256MB... I really should get a bigger one. I'm going to beg for a nicer digital camera (for my art) at Christmas, so maybe I'll ask for 1GB card with that or something! ^^;