PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts gathering for A-Fest 2007

tahiti
08-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, I guess since I started the KH gathering for A-kon, I should step up and organize one for AnimeFest. Donald and Goofy will be making an appearance, of course, so look out for us!
Any suggestions as far as time and place? I'd prefer Friday, personally, but I could try to squeeze in Donald on Saturday before or after the CCS gathering.

Might as well make a list of the cosplayers:
Donald- Tahiti
Goofy- Amika (Tahiti's sister)

Let me know what you are cosplaying as and suggestions for a day and time!

Anna
08-08-2006, 01:55 PM
YAY! I'll be wearing Pixie Yuna, and there's about a 50% chance that my best friend will be joining as Pixie Rikku. We'll both be putting them on around 2PM Saturday. Kagitsune's going to have her Pixie paine which will give us all three pixie/fairys! =D

I WILL be bringing Sea Salt popsickles again, but this time there will be no reservations it's first-come-first-serve unless you requested one at A-kon and did not get one. Oh and whoever finds me a freezer/fridge get's two. XD

Kikala
08-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I hope to be Kairi again. It all just depends. ^^ I was going to wear it on Saturday, but I could probably wear it Friday. Just all depends on when the Naruto photoshoot is. :) Even if I don't wear Kairi, I'll still show up to take some pictures. The photoshoot at A-Kon was fun, but really big. I'm kinda hoping it be a bit smaller at Animefest, it'll be easier to get to know everyone... But either way, I'm sure it'll be fun. ^^

PockyFairy
08-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Kairi with Keyblade action...HI-YA! Got a new wig too. Yays.

Kissmedeadly24
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Haha, here's another Kairi, hopefully with a keyblade. I'm working on that... I'm game for Friday though.

PockyFairy
08-11-2006, 02:43 AM
woot kairi power!
Was just thinking....I'm gna elbow my way into view in the group picture if I have to...
I just remember feeling so depressed while I stood in the very back, behind a bunch of tall people...holding up my poor neglected keyblade.
I'm not letting that happen again...;o
And like Kikala said, I'll be glad that it's smaller so i can get to know everyone.

Calin Solen
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I was one of the Axel's at A-kon (who got thrown to the floor by my Roxas durin the photoshoot), but I've temporarily replaced him with Demyx. My best friend and I have put together a group of all 13 Organization members, so you can definitely expect us to be there ^ ^

tahiti
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Ahhh, so many Kairis.
Yes, I hope it will be a little smaller, so I can meet more people.

I had people coming up to my sister during A-kon, and asking her if she was me. And she was like .. why do they keep coming up to me?! And I started laughing because I realized that everyone was going off my avatar, which had a picture of me as Millie and her in her Goofy costume. Quite amusing. But hey, that's how most people met me and my sister.

Kikala
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Hehe, if I had my Sora costume done by Animefest, I would go as Sora, but there's no chance for that. But loads of Kairi's can be cool too. ^^ My poor keyblade is still sitting in my room, unfinished... which I probably won't finish anyway. I think I'm just going to remake it completely.
Anyway, can't wait to see you guys there and get to know you all a bit better. ^^

pan pan
08-12-2006, 01:25 AM
2007? Ah, I don't know... my sis and I will be there at Riku and Sora for 2006 though. :)

tahiti
08-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Gah! I'm SUCH a doofus.
Okay it IS for 2006.. not 2007.. I was probably thinking about A-kon -_-;
Ya'll can beat Donald up a A-Fest.

pan pan
08-12-2006, 01:57 AM
lol ^^ Is fine. I figured that was what was meant. My sis and I were planning to go as Riku and Sora on Sunday, but we can do a quick change into costume if you guys decide on another day. Has there been a final decision as to the when and the where?

tahiti
08-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I have heard both yes and no to Friday, so someone please suggest some times!

pan pan
08-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Earlier is better than later for me. I'd like to be in my D.Gray-man costume most of friday, but like I said, I can change quick. It'd be better though if it were early in the day and i could just be sora first, then change after the shoot. 10 or 11am maybe? That's my suggestion :)

tahiti
08-12-2006, 03:27 PM
10 or 11 am on Friday? I won't even get there until about.. 3 or 4 pm
And if it's on Saturday, I tend to get up around that time, but I could try to suck it up. LoL

Anna
08-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Friday would be okay. I won't be getting there until around 5PM though.

Kissmedeadly24
08-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Maybe we should switch days. I just found out that I won't be there until about 2-ish on Friday, and I may be in a different ( and complicated) cosplay. Saturday or Sunday would work for me though.

PockyFairy
08-13-2006, 03:27 AM
So my Roxas and Sora aren't coming. *CRY* But I'm making my boyfriend his Riku costume in a few days...*CHEER*

Calin Solen
08-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey Donald, is it ok if I suggest Saturday? That's probably going to be the only day my Organization group will be cosplaying and our Roxas is only able to come on Saturday

tahiti
08-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Hmm, since it seems that the CCS group I'm joining won't be until later Saturday or even Sunday, Saturday would work, but probably a little bit earlier, like.. noon to 2pm. Anybody have any problems with that?

PockyFairy
08-14-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm going to the CCS thing too, so i've got no problems with that. :)

Kissmedeadly24
08-14-2006, 06:14 PM
That sounds good to me!

Calin Solen
08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
That'll work for my group ^ ^

Kikala
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
It might take me awhile to get there, cause I'll have my Peppita costume on, and it's hard to get in and out of. XD But even if I can't get into Kairi in time, I'll still be there to take pics and stuff. ^^

Kissmedeadly24
08-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh I now have a Roxas coming with me and possibly a Namine as well if I can talk her into going. ^^

PockyFairy
08-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Riku is coming along great....I just reallllly hope it fits my bf..lol. If not...I don't think anyone would mind seeing a really tall handsome guy in a really tight swanky Riku costume. Hehe j.k.j.k. So i hate zippers....especially when the only sewing/craft store near me doesn't sell 2-ways. *fume*

Kissmedeadly24
08-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh I know that issue. I had to special order one for my Kairi dress.

Kikala
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah! Now that I have a Hotel room, I'll be wearing Kairi at the time, but just rush to get on my Peppita costume afterwards for the Video Game shoot.
Though... still not sure if I'll be able to attend because of me not having a schedule yet. -fumes- But... I'm gonna try and make it!

Kissmedeadly24
08-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I will offiaclly be Kairi with the keyblade! I just finished it yesterday, so I'll have that with me. ^^

Kikala
08-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Whelp, took a look at my schedule, and I start at noon on Sunday, so I won't be able to make it. ;.; Ah well, I hope you guys have fun!

LiL KRN YUNA
08-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Hii everyone xD I know a-fest is like in less than 2 weeks so sorry for the late post! I just found out that I'll be able to go to A-fest this year (yeah, I'm going crazy right now ><;;) and I'll definetly bring my Kairi (w/ keyblade) with me! Does anybody know when the photoshoot is going to be?

tahiti
08-27-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm going to say that the photoshoot will be on Saturday, around noon.
Anybody know a good place to meet up? I haven't been in awhile, so I don't really remember the layout of the hotel.

LiL KRN YUNA
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, I've never been to any cons in Dallas before so I can't recommend any areas but I do remember somebody in the bleach photoshoot thread saying something about a fountain place near the hotel? ack around noon?! oh god, thats during the same time as the Bleach photoshoot...is there anyway we can change it to a more later time? or perhaps Sunday?

tahiti
08-27-2006, 06:10 PM
The general consensus around here is that Saturday around noon would work the best for those of us participating. I can't do it if it's later on, because I'm participating in the CCS gathering, and I might not even come on Sunday. Sorry you can't make it x.x;

Calin Solen
08-27-2006, 11:42 PM
I know the layout of this hotel fairly well cause I've been there for the past two years (and I roamed all through the damn thing last year on Security) and there's a huge fountain in the lobby that would make a great meeting place, you can't miss the bloody thing, it's a big waterfall. Does that seem ok?

Pharaoh Atem
08-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I'm going to reccommend the Fountain, also.

Really, the best location for a photoshoot is one where you can hardly recognize the convention area in the background but are still present somewhere in the facility for privacy and safety alike.

Sorry, how many photo-shoots have you seen and you're like "I know where that is! I recognize the carpet!"

Anyhow, some of the finer locations are

*Most of the second floor for the most part.
*The easy-to-spot fountain on the first floor.
*The Landmark circle, near the Landmark ball room.

Floorplans of the Hyatt Regency. (http://dallasregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/dfwrd/floorplan.pdf)

I should be able to make Saturday as long as I wake up in time, I am staying on site.

We could probably do another smaller "optional" get-together for those who can volunteer for another shoot as well as those who could not make the first one. People put lots of effort into their costumes, and the least ya' can do is try to help them get some awesome photos of them.

Kissmedeadly24
08-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree with Pharaoh, the fountian is one of the easiest places to get to and meet at. I think it would be a great pace purely because you see it as you enter the hotel. The fountain would probably look awesome behind KH cosplayers since water is used so often in the games because of Destiny Islands and whatnot.

Mizugameza
08-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I third the suggestion of the fountain on the first floor lobby. It's right in front of the desks, so you can't miss it.

And I'll be bringing my KH2 gangsta Riku~.:bigtu:

Kissmedeadly24
08-31-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm guessing the fountains will be the spot since no one has objected. I'll check in later to see if ti did change. If not, I'll see you guys on Saturday by the fountains!