PDA

View Full Version : Who are you going as?

Nerve-chan
03-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Who are you cosplaying as at Acen?

Me?
Kula Diamond (normal version, candy version, and white dress version)
Mikoto (FFIX)
and if I finish it in time Mature (KOF)

chiichan
03-11-2003, 07:34 PM
so far i think i am going as android 18 from dbz, and as an aqua grunt from pokemon, but i am open to suggestions if anyone has any...

Yumeko
03-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Well I am breaking out two original costume designs for the hall cosplay and going as B.B. Hood for the masqurade show

chiichan
03-11-2003, 08:40 PM
b.b. hood huh... hmm... that's going to be a good costume... ne suggestions for me???

rpd_girl
03-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Jill Valentine, Misato and Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're UNder Arrest)

I Think.... it is far away!

kylash327
03-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Alucard (Hellsing)
Amon (Witch Hunter Robin)
Me (the real life)

Nerve-chan
03-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Chiichan,
Go as someone from King of Fighters!

chiichan
03-11-2003, 09:49 PM
king of fighters huh... hmm... who would i go as there???... are you going as someone from the king of fighters?

Yui
03-12-2003, 12:43 AM
you smart people....two, three cosplays....I'm starting to feel overburdened already and most of the costumes are already done in my case. Now, I'm just trying to plan out simply the changing order.

# Dias from Star Ocean EX (yet again!)
# Mel & Branky from Suikoden III (cuz I need something cute)
# Krelian from Xenogears (test drive of the new one)
# Kaoru from Dir en Grey, FILTH (because I have promised to bring him )
# Kami from Malice Mizer, Cyberland (if finished)
# Darcia from Wolf's Rain (again, if finished....that one came out of nowhere on me...um, but it really should be finished)

hey yeah, chiichan, check out the sticky at the top of the forum. Any groups listed there would love to have another member (especially in the hopefuls section. I'm personally rooting for DoA or Wolf's Rain to get groups going.)

Rosiel
03-12-2003, 08:53 AM
My lineup keeps on changing...

But right now it looks like this:

1) Ramirez, Skies of Arcadia (Silvite outfit)
2) Ramirez, Skies of Arcadia (Valuan soldier uniform)
3) Ramirez, Skies of Arcadia (Valuan admiral uniform)

Yes, I know, I am incredibly original, but I had the sudden idea to make a Ramirez timeline. Yes, I have been playing too much Arcadia, why do you ask?

4) And Yuber, Suikoden III, for my cel-painting classes or just to put on if I want to be comfortable and stop wearing those horrible Valuan armored shoes. ><

5) And mayyyyybe, just mayyyybe my .hack//insanity project, if it is finished. And if I find a way to pack it. I think AX is more realistic though.

chiichan
03-12-2003, 10:16 AM
i could go as Blue Mary, i could pull her off...

Nerve-chan
03-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Anither KOFer!

Another Star Ocean Cosplayer? Yeah!

chiichan
03-12-2003, 06:42 PM
yes, i will do blue mary...

TheLoneWolf
03-12-2003, 06:44 PM
>Me?
Kula Diamond (normal version, candy version, and white dress version)

All 3 versions?! Wow! (You DO know though,that any other than KoF'ers will mistake your white dress version Kula as some J-rock cosplay,right? ^^)

My costume Lineup:
K' - King of Fighters
K9999 - King of Fighters
Ralf Jones - King of Fighters
Calintz Jevernan - Magna Carta
Citan Uzuki - Xenogears
Tsume - Wolf's Rain
and maybe.....just maybe
Kakashi - Naruto

>i could go as Blue Mary, i could pull her off...

Is that official,or just a maybe?

>Jill Valentine, Misato and Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're UNder Arrest)

I Think.... it is far away!

Oro? No Vanessa?

Peppermintstix
03-13-2003, 03:38 AM
FF-tactics dancer
Revolutionary girl Utena- Anthy Himemiya
FF-7 Rufus if I have the time

Rosiel you're going to Acen? Kickass I've been wanting to see a master at work! Too bad I've never played Skies of Arcadia.

chiichan
03-13-2003, 07:41 AM
i watched the game be played it is so awesome, and full of Kawaii people... you have to play it.

peaseblossom
03-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Definately will be Haruhara Haruko (Vespa Onna outfit), Haruhara Haruko (Nurse outfit) and Seras Victoria (complete with Halconnen!).

Possibly will be Mimiru from .hack//sign and Guu from Jungle wa Itsumo, Hare Nochi Guu.

Lilli
03-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Opera Vectra from Star Ocean Blue Sphere
Sara (Sera) from Suikoden III
Fina from Skies of Arcadia (for Ramirez! Yay :3 lol)

:3 Sorry, Merveilles Mana stays at home this time. I'll have no chunk of flesh burned away from my knuckle THIS con thankyouverymuch :3 I'll make up for it with much JRock love at AX and Otakon, LOL

Yui
03-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Oh, did you need a scan of Opera and Ernest, Lilli? I'm just using good ol' EX version Dias, as this is the last con for a while that I can get Ouma to &/or be allowed to carry him on my person without being hassled. I probably will do BlueSphere version for Otakon as being armed is not as vital to that outfit. (And Bri is gonna be Precis at ACen for us, too! Hooray! I think we're going for BlueSphere version, too, for her because it is slightly less complex than either her 2nd Story or EX versions. And then maybe I can thrown Bri in my Emily outfit for Suikoden-ness too.)

Anyway, that's okay - I was not expecting you to bring Mana. I'm not expecting me to bring Kami even. Just Kaoru for me cuz I promised peeps, but this will be another Kami-less con. O_o

Michi
03-22-2003, 04:17 PM
If I go... which isn't quite definite, but more possible than not...

- Shiranui Mai from The King of Fighters '96+ (the last time I wear this basic red one, ever. X_x)
- Alucard von Mosquiton OR Camille Inaho Carmilla from Master of Mosquiton (for Akahori Satoru~)

Otherwise.. I can bring stuff like.. Yoh from Shaman King.. or Zell from FF8 or T.M.Revolution.. or Zelda from Ocarina of Time. *shrug* But I have no plans yet. ^_^;

ZiggyB
03-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Um.. let's see, I'll be bringing:

Squall (FFVIII)
Kotaro Nanbara (Hand Maid May)
Zack (Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore)
Johnny (Dance Dance Revolution)

I'm also hoping to finish my Ohgami Ichiro's battle uniform from Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars) for ACen.

Woohoo, this should be fun. :)

Yui
03-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Hooray, for the shiny-fun Zack ^o^

And I hope you can come, too, Michi (bring Zell ^_^)

Michi
03-22-2003, 06:41 PM
yay! I can bring Zell. :D Since I'm not going to A-kon (and there was an FF8 group there n.n) I'd love to pull him out again. ^_____^

Heyyyy *pokes Ziggy* We can pose together in matching costumes for once. ^_^

ZiggyB
03-23-2003, 12:48 AM
yui: hehe yah Zack is pretty fun. It's fun to see people's reactions. ;-)

Michi: Yay! We'll do a photoshoot. :D

Mara
03-23-2003, 02:38 AM
I have finally figured out what I'm doing for ACen. Just couldn't make up my mind! ^_^ Friday I'm doing my Malice Mizer costume- Mana, Au Revoir style. Saturday I'll be Karla from Record of Lodoss War OVA, and later Saturday I'll be one of Sharon Apple's forms. I think I want to enter the masquerade with that one.

I'm really excited about ACen this year... especially because of Duel Jewel. @_@

kylash327
03-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Wow, this is coming up so fast XD

Lilli
03-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Wheeee :3 Yui, I'd love a scan of Opera and Ernest :3 Thankii, hehe

._. And any insight you may be able to give, in regards to Ernest's 'mystical pendant' LOL ^^;

Yui
03-23-2003, 09:22 PM
What the...? Why the heck did I go to Katsucon then? O_o

Lilli
03-23-2003, 11:09 PM
XD So you could get snowed in by a blizzard... And to experience the Trail of (frozen) Tears... and... um... to dispense Devil Ducks?? :3

LOL, and now you'll appreciae ACen's level-headed approach to The Realm of Reality and to running things that much more!! Now that you know how shitty some cons can be.

Rosiel
03-24-2003, 08:52 AM
> Wow, this is coming up so fast XD

Too fast! Especially since I am still playing through Skies of Arcadia to get to the point where I will get reference for my costume. I think I will start panicking soon, as I've been at it for 25 hours and still nothing! XD

I'm behind on all my sewing... I've been too lazy lately...

Troppy
03-24-2003, 10:06 PM
oo! Zell and Squall! XDDD I love you guys in those outfits... (not to mention shiny-fun Zack...but that's a different story COMPLETELY) What day is the FFVIII shoot goin' down? If it's Sunday, which I doubt, I may be able to throw a Selphie or Rinoa together for it...and if not, I'll at least want to take pictures. You're both so cute! :D

SoulCrash
03-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Everybody that know me keep on saying, do Parappa. So I guess I'll go as Parappa again with a camcorder. Then I still think if I should go GTO, or Nabashin.......

erikadoor
03-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Erika here.

Accckkk....more Duel Jewel. First A-Kon, then KatsuCon [both first times for me at those..] and now they're invading my home territory? *sighs* One more reason to find a really loud party to hit Friday night.....

*runs off and listens to some PDQ Bach*

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

Megumi-chan
03-28-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm going as Belldandy! I know everyone has cosplayed Belldandyy before and everyone's proably getting really tired of her, but I have a really nice costume (Go to my pictures section to see it, pleez leave some comments while you're there!) I worked really hard so that everything would be perfect, I just hope people dont get annoyed with me because I'm Belldandy ;.; I love Belldandy
*Megumi

Irvy
03-28-2003, 03:20 PM
*ears perk up* did someone say FF8?=D Cos I am going to be bringing down my Irvine costume.

venus2869
03-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by rpd_girl
Jill Valentine, Misato and Natsumi Tsujimoto (You're UNder Arrest)

Hey, which Jill are you going as? I'm doing her for the masquerade & was thinking of having a photo op with ya! I don't want to give my version away, but I can tell you it's not the Capcom vs. Marvel version you have as your avatar!

SoulCrash
03-28-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure that my friend finish modifying (or making it better cause I can't sew for $hit) my mess-up Leon Kennedy RE2 costume. If he bring it to ACen, I'll probably wear it half a day for saturday, and probably sunday.........

RevaChan
04-02-2003, 02:22 PM
hmm, I noticed a few are doing KOF costumes... a friend is trying to suck me into going to Acen and I have a really good Yuri... should I....?

TheLoneWolf
04-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Yes,Yes,YES!!!! :D

vashtheimpaler
04-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Midvalley (Trigun)
Vincent (ff7)
Gawl (Generator Gawl)

jfries
04-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Day 1- Ryoko Mtsuragi (RBHS)
Day 2- Vash (Trigun).....with my secret weapon....

Shine-Chan
04-08-2003, 12:40 PM
A group of us are going as Sato, Kubo, Tanaka and Funara from Otaku no Video and I am revamping my Lain pjs.

Eurobeat King
04-10-2003, 10:55 PM
I'll be concentrating on taking pics at A-cen this year, since last year at a-cen i field-tested my digicam, and I'm going to be teaming up with Admin to get as many pics as possible. So my costumes will be limited to just a few for A-cen 2003, and here's the list:

Friday:
Shinji Ikari (EVA)
Ohgami Ichirou (Sakura Taisen)

Saturday:
Hibiki Takane (Capcom vs. SNK 2)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D)

I might bring one more, but undecided yet.. I'll keep you posted ;)

TurtleJill
04-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Alright, I know exactly what I'm doing now. : )

Miho from mega tokyo
Nanako From Nurse Nanako
And The Tama God

Nadeshiko
04-11-2003, 03:03 AM
So far, what I've planned...

1) Yomiko Readman (R.O.D.)
2) Soletta Orihime (Sakura Taisen)
3) Karen Kasumi (X manga; white bridal type)
4) Karen-chan (Sister Princess)
5) Pepper (Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar)

At this rate, I think I'm going to change my name to Victoria to Karen...

Now, it's just a matter of getting to the airport on time. *shakes fist at new airport express shuttle schedules*

TheLoneWolf
04-11-2003, 02:10 PM
>Miho from mega tokyo

Way to go!!!
I must take pictures!

Hikaru0
04-12-2003, 08:58 PM
huttaah!
my costume lineup!-
Hikaru(an artbook version) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Alexiel(manga 'war in gehenna' version) from Angel Sanctuary
and Charlotte from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
^_^

ParnsAngel
04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Yay, Charlotte ^_^

My lineup currently (but subject to change ^_^;; ):

Robin from Witch Hunter Robin
Shiina Yuya from Samurai Deeper Kyo
Ibuki Maya from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cher Degre from Wolf's Rain
possibly Deedlit for a few mins
a character from Chobits (shh, its a secret! ^_^)
and another one for the masq.

When to wear all these?

Got me 0.o

^_^

Mara
04-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Ooooh. If I see you as Deedlit, ParnsAngel, I will run and change into my Karla if I'm not already wearing it. I have spent waaaaay too much time on making Karla, and I really want a pic with at least one Lodoss cosplayer ^__^

suzu
04-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Guilty Gear or Shaman King.. no details. =o

Aoshi Shinomori
04-24-2003, 03:34 AM
If i go.. thats a big if.. i would bring

Aoshi ( Rurouni Kenshin)
Sesshoumaru ( Inu yasha)
Hideki ( Chobits)

sefie_tilmitt
04-24-2003, 04:34 PM
I'm going to be bringing:

Ayane from DOA2: Hardcore
Gekka no Yasokyoku Kozi from Malice Mizer
Christmas Mana from Malice Mizer
And, if I get Kozi done sooner rather than later, Papa Lapped a Pap Lopped Gackt.

rpd_girl
04-24-2003, 05:59 PM
OK.... these are costumes I have:

Jill Valentine from RE1 PSX version (my most popular with people)
Natsumi from Yu're Under Arrest
Vanessa from King of Fighters '99
Claire Redfield from RE:CV (my friend's actually, prolly won't wear it)

I am making:
Misato from Evangelion
Jill Valentine RE3

what should I wear? when is everyone doing the KOF costumes... I'll wear mine ;)

Any suggestions?

Jun_Kazama
04-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Narusegawa Naru from Love Hina probably on Friday. I'm doing something kinda different though and wearing her Goku costume from episode 16.

On Saturday I'm gonna be Jin Kazama from Tekken. I'll be wearing his red biker outfit from Tekken Tag Tournament.

Then if I do a costume on Sunday it'll probably be my old Jun Kazama costume. Its her start outfit from Tekken Tag.

:)

Special K
05-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Tatewaki Kuno, from Ranma 1/2. However, I AM having trouble with my bokken, I amy not be able to bring it (damn.)

Menchi
05-02-2003, 02:08 AM
there isn a rule about bannng bokkens, jus dont swing it aroudn or make a issur of it.. they jus dont like lie steel sharp or not. if ya got the bokken for hte costume bring it ^^

rpd_girl
05-02-2003, 07:29 AM
waaaaaaaaa I might not go at all!!!! :( I might have to reserve this all for Otakon.

Eurobeat King
05-03-2003, 02:14 PM
RPD_girl: Awwww.. I hope you CAN make it to a-cen, M., since I wanted to take pics together as Shinji & Misato, as well as give you the pics from Katsucon. :( Please keep me posted.. *crosses fingers* It seems a lot of my East Coast cosplayer friends, the next time I see them will be at Otakon, and that's a wayz off..

Still haven't decided the costumes I'm going to bring, since I may decide to hold off on cosplaying too many until A-kon (2 weeks later) as since Admin and I are teaming up, I might want to concentrate on taking photos more. :)

So far I plan to bring:

Shinji (Eva)
Ohgami (Sakura Taisen)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D)
Hibiki Takane (Capcom vs. SNK 2) (NEW costume, and I'll have the cane-sword scabbard with me, but not the blade (can't bring it to cons until I drive to Fanime..)

BitterBeing
05-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid 1 version, more-up-to-date version from Substance, though)

and..

Iroquois Pliskin (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty)

Even though I look nothing like the two (as far as skin tone, face and heighth goes), my costumes are dead on and I'm getting a FREAKING MULLET. XD

You'll know me when you see meh.

carly579
05-10-2003, 06:55 PM
okay here's what I finally decided on:

Ayeka "S" Queen
Ryoko Tenchi in Tokyo Battle Uniform
Kei from Dirty Pair Flash

And my boyfriend is going to be who else but Tenchi!

rpd_girl
05-10-2003, 06:58 PM
eh. I'm not going now. see ya'll a Otakon! ;)

Smileybaby
05-12-2003, 11:20 PM
seras victoria (hellsing)
meryle stryfe(trigun)
miuyki-chan(miuyki-chan in wonderland)
i had also made some other costumes for Acen but i am deciding not to bring them because some arnt finished and others i changed my mind about wanting to wear them n.n but .. yeah
fun fun ^___^ acen is sooo soon!!! OmG! no way girlfriend!

Aldara
05-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Wheee, Kei is my absolute favorite anime character Carly ^ ^ I can't wait to see.

Let's see.. myself though.. I'm going as:
Eclair (Kiddy Grade)
and because I suddenly this morning went hmm.. "I can do that in one day" I'll likely also be walking around as "Leaf bikini Naru" (Love Hina, summer thingy)

AngelSamui
05-14-2003, 05:11 PM
I'll be Crimson Cat Shadow from Shadow Lady and my group costume is a surprise for Saturday night. ^_^ I don't think I'll have the time or energy to change into lots of costumes after this tough exam week. I'm excited for ACen but I'll be brain dead!

ParnsAngel
05-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Samui --
Crimson Cat?! Shadow Lady?! You're my heeeeeero!
I love Shadow Lady =^_^=
I'd bring my costume, but I don't think I have time -_-;;
That'd be soooooo cool to cosplay with you though!!!
I'm so excited someone's doing a Shadow Lady..and no one ever does Crimson Cat....I can't wait to see youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!
=^_^=

AngelSamui
05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Parns --
I love your Shadow Lady! That would be so cool if we could get some photos together. But if you don't have the time, that's okay. Maybe another con.
I have to admit that I took a little liberty with Crimson's outfit. Aka, I didn't cut out the middle section of her leotard. I think that would kill my poor father. lol This summer I think I'll at least sew on a section of skin tone fabric. Hope my lack of total accuracy doesn't disappoint. ^_^;
I do adore my Crimson wig though. *prances around in wig again*