xXKujaXx
08-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Step 1: Supplies
-Scissors
-Sandals
-Hockey Tape
-Knee Length Athletic Socks

My Supplies: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals002.jpg

As you can see I used strapped sandals. Thong sandals would only work if you wanted to keep the thong (like sand village sandals). Flip-flops will technically work but really don’t look as good because the back tends to suck in to the overhang between your heel and the end of the sandal. The back strap provides support and keeps an even rise on the back. The tape should be the same color as the socks. The socks should be, but don’t absolutely have to be, long, which will be explained further later. Lots of the socks will have a logo on them but when it’s on the ankle or higher it won’t be any trouble.

Step 2: Creating the Base

The base is made by pulling the sock over top of the sandal.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals003.jpg

Obviously the bigger the socks that you got the easier this will be. However, the socks that I used in the pictures (the third time I made them) I used Size 6-8 Socks to cover size 13 sandals. They were a little shorter than I would have liked but it turned out well.

Step 3: Making the Cut

I’ve used the same sandals each time I’ve done this. I try to follow the line of the sandal to make the cut.

I marked it out here with a fabric pencil (optional, I only did this for the demo)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals005.jpg

From there I used scissors to cut across following the end of the sandal and the line I had drawn. Personally I just tuck my toes back and slice through but it would be much safer to take the sandals off before cutting anything. Whatever you’re comfortable with.

This is what it looked like after the cut:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals006.jpg

Step 4: Seal It Up

At this point the hockey tape is used seal the edges, keep it tight and keep it from fraying. The first place to tape is the top. Put tape the top of the sandal on the edge, wrapping it around to hold the sock to the sandal. It’s a little weird to explain so here’s a picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals007.jpg

The next place that needs to be taped is the other side left open by cut which is taped to the inside sole of the Sandal underneath where your toes would be. Another sample picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals009.jpg

This one wasn’t quite as neat as some of the other I’ve done but it works and you get the idea. For this part I have done it leaving the sandal on and taking them off. Wither way will work but leaving them on and having someone take it up for you works really well.

Step 5: Finish Up

Looking at the reference pictures you can see that there is a larger cuff at the ankles. This can be created by folding down the extra length of the socks down into that cuff. Obviously this is the solution to there being a logo on the sock if there is one. If you don’t have the extra long socks it won’t look bad but it’s possible that a few people will notice the missing Cuff.

YOU’RE DONE!

Hoorah! Sandals! Your finished product should look something like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals013.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Kuja_Tribal/Sandals011.jpg

For me it’s never taken me more than half an hour to make these, I could probably do it in less than 10 minutes if I tried. I even made a pair in the parking lot of a convention right before it started. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

More Results:
Made By Hatake_Kakashi With This Tutorial :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/WHATEVERITHINKOF/05-23-07_1425.jpg

MorwenLaicoriel
08-12-2006, 05:14 AM
This is great!! ^_^ I was hoping to go as Sakura for my first cosplay--this is going to help A LOT.

The_Big_Z
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I mosta missed a step or something, i got really confused trying to understand..or maybe i gotta do it myself, Non the less thanks for a guide on the annoying stuff for Cosplaying naruto chars

xXKujaXx
08-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Thank you MorwenLaicoriel :D

Is there any way that I can clear something up for you Big Z?

The_Big_Z
08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, again maybe its just me.. But with all that extra cloth you have over the sandals, does it really make it look like what sandal? and do you just fold it over the sandal?

Or do you basically just use black sandals, and with black socks it looks like the sandal from afar?

And the pictures are to far away from the sandals themself to answer that

Cristophine
08-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I've heard of this method before and it really does look good. Thanks for the tutorial and great Choji cosplay btw.

xXKujaXx
08-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, again maybe its just me.. But with all that extra cloth you have over the sandals, does it really make it look like what sandal? and do you just fold it over the sandal?

Or do you basically just use black sandals, and with black socks it looks like the sandal from afar?

And the pictures are to far away from the sandals themself to answer that

Okay so you've put the sandal on then pulled the sock on OVER the sandal. The extra length of the sock is folded down in a few cuffs until it's at the ankle. You can see in this reference that there is a bunch at the ankle
http://total.naruto.free.fr/tome_32.jpg

"Or do you basically just use black sandals, and with black socks it looks like the sandal from afar?"

The sandal color doesn't matter the sock is OVER the sandal. The sandal is there to give it a basic shape and a sole to the shoe so it doesn't just look like a sock. The sock itself creates the fabricy look in the reference photo and looks very similar to the officially licensed version from bandai, and no it looks good close up to.

Eun
08-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally I read another tutorial for these things only instead of using a sock, you actually make it from scraps of fabric. It only confused me more, so this really helps alot. Thanks!

:D

xXKujaXx
08-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally I read another tutorial for these things only instead of using a sock, you actually make it from scraps of fabric. It only confused me more, so this really helps alot. Thanks!

:D

Your Welcome :D

And ya this whole thing could be done with fabric but a sock is way easier :D

The_Big_Z
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
it is way easier, i may do that..heck way cheaper to..ill try this methoid come friday

xXKujaXx
08-12-2006, 10:09 PM
it is way easier, i may do that..heck way cheaper to..ill try this methoid come friday
Great :D

Good luck :D

Hikaruhime
09-08-2006, 11:40 PM
I recommended this tutorial to my best friend, and her sandals turned out awesome. Thankies! :D

xXKujaXx
09-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks a lot :D I'm glad they turned out well :D

Kouga-Fan
09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
This'll really help. I'm going as Gaara to PMX and couldn't figure out how to make these.

Kazukii
09-16-2006, 01:34 AM
I'll have my friend try this method, hopefully it won't be too bad. ^^;

My friend tried this one out. http://liz.spain.googlepages.com/narutosandaltutorial
And found it was really confusing.

I'll see if she'll be up to it..

ChibiInuBaka
09-30-2006, 11:19 AM
ohhh!! yay!! thanks alot!!

Sad_Riku
11-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Wait what if you need blue ones? DO you use blue sandals and socks and tape or what?

xXKujaXx
11-26-2006, 05:54 PM
The easiest way to adjust to wanting bluw would be to use blue socks and tape, yes. I found socks and tape that matched very well when I made a blue pair. The color of the sandals shouldn't matter unless you see them without a foot in them. I've used brown sandals for every pair I've made.

trixyloupwolf
11-27-2006, 04:46 AM
so basiquely your walking on the sock all day?

sandal put sock on after putting sandal.

confuse a bit ^^;;

tanks to help ^^;;
(ya iam french and doing my very best ^^;;;)

xXKujaXx
11-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Yup

~Put On Sandal
~Put Sock On Top
~Make The cuts as directed to get the right look

I'm working on improving the directions -_-;; I really want to take some photos for a step by step but I just haven't had a chance.

(GG)Nami_Misaki
11-29-2006, 02:26 AM
so wait a minute...Do you put the tape all over the shoe or you just put it where the opening is only???>.>

xXKujaXx
11-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I used it only as a seal/detailing around where I made the cut in the toe. Definatley not all over.

(GG)Nami_Misaki
11-29-2006, 10:20 PM
oh i get it well im gonna try it thanks!:D

MortalWombat
12-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Kuja,this is really cool.I plan to use this in the future,also ,I love your avatar.

xXKujaXx
12-22-2006, 11:23 PM
You Are very Welcome ^_^
Enjoy

ThiefKing87
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
This helped a lot. Most people give you tutorials that explain how to make the shoe from scratch, but I don't even have that kind of money. So, this helped me out a great deal. Thanks!:bigtu:

xXKujaXx
01-05-2007, 10:20 AM
This helped a lot. Most people give you tutorials that explain how to make the shoe from scratch, but I don't even have that kind of money. So, this helped me out a great deal. Thanks!:bigtu:

I'm glad it was helpful ^_^ Your Very Welcome

lostsummoner
01-19-2007, 12:20 AM
this is really helpful, not only for my hinata costume, but for an idea i was working on for envy!

xXKujaXx
01-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Haha That's great that you could expand it and use i for envy too.

Glad I could help ^_^

SupremeKai
01-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, but i do have a question the socks that i have do not want to go around the socks they seem to go so far around and then they get stuck. Does anyone know of a way to get the socks to stretch to fit around or should i cut the top of the socks a little bit and just pull them up?

Thanks for the help

xXKujaXx
01-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Is it right around the heel? I know I found it tight squeezing the socks around the heel but with enough tugging they went. I guess I was just lucky that my socks were big enough and/or stretchy enough.

I can only reccomend getting bigger socks or if you think cutting them migh work it's worth a shot.

SupremeKai
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks, i finally just ended up using shoes enlargers and after about an hr like that they went on with no prob. Thanks again for the tutorial

whoamiinside
03-07-2007, 07:27 PM
This is going to be my first con and I'm going at a cross gender Sasuke. Black version. This will really help!! But wasn't the sock part slippery on tile? Me and my friends are hyper and run around a lot

xXKujaXx
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
It may have been a teensy bit slippery at times but I ran and jumped around a ton and it never gave me any trouble :D

Lady Saya
03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Whoo! Now I don't have to go on ebay to buy these. Thanks for the tutorial, Kuja. :D

xXKujaXx
03-29-2007, 10:15 PM
No Problem ^_^ Glad I could help

fear_nothing
03-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll have my friend try this method, hopefully it won't be too bad. ^^;

My friend tried this one out. http://liz.spain.googlepages.com/narutosandaltutorial
And found it was really confusing.

I'll see if she'll be up to it..

I did that tutorial and the sandals came out looking rather nice, but they fell apart and took WAY too long for a lazy person like myself to make again. I'll try this one - thanks!

Operator
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
OwO;; Thanks so much. I was gonna buy some off of Ebay, and now I won't have to waste my money. :D

Neko Transfan
04-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Wow! I used this method last night in maing myself some ninja shoes for my generic ninja costume for MTAC Prime this weekend and they look awesome! Granted the socks I got were a bit short and there wasn't enough fabric let to make the cuffs, but I'm still very pleased with the results.

TheMagicWithin
05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
This was REALLY helpful. My friend sent me that same tutorial that was posted in here and there is no way I could have done that, since I have no sewing skills and it's that friend who's doing most of my costume (thank you marisa :D ) but she said the shoes were hard and she didn't want to make them. I wasn't even going to for a while until I found this, and now I have some

Hatake_Kakashi
05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks so much! I need to make shoes for my group now. I am crossplaying as Kakashi and cosplaying Hinamori (but she's from Bleach) at AWA this year (my 1st con). I bought some shoes but they weren't very good quality and too big so im glad that i can make some that are perfect!

Thanks Again!

PS: You're a great Chouji!

xXKujaXx
05-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Great Everyone :D I'm really glad to hear that everyone is finding my tutorial so useful :D

And Thank you Hatake Kakashi, I am a great Chouji Hahahahaha

Sakura_Chang
05-23-2007, 09:54 AM
wow. this rocks. i was planing on doing basically the same thing. but the cut at the toe part is what i was worried about. i love the solution to this problem! lol. tho i don't know about the sock on the bottom. i wonder if there is any way to give it grip. i'm a normal clutz so i fall all over the place. i don't want to be falling around as hinata xD(sailor moon yes, hinata no. lol)

i was thinking one you get the sock over sandal onto foot if it was possible to cut some off the bottom and then glue the sock onto the sandal. i'm sure this would require atleast 2 people to do this...ooor...super glue the sock onto the sandal at the edges then cut the excess fabric off in the middle to use the sandal grip. @_@ hmm i'ma have to think about this a bit lol. or test it out. i got my sandals and socks for only $1 each. testing won't cost much lol.

Nekko
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Hee hee I can steal my Dads old work socks for my Temari Cosplay.

Hatake_Kakashi
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
YAY! I made 3 pairs so far. They look much better on than in the picture
here they are:
YAY! NINJA SHOES! (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/WHATEVERITHINKOF/?action=view&current=05-23-07_1425.jpg)
:toothy:

Ghost613
05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
yeah, i was wondering what i was gonna do about this. hooray! *sneaks up to hippie brother's room and steals birkenstocks*
lol, gaara here i come.

JulietxKitsune
05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks! I'll try this, My feet are to small so i could never buy them, This helps alot!

xXKujaXx
05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks! I'll try this, My feet are to small so i could never buy them, This helps alot!
That's great :D Glad I could Help ^_^

Tess
06-09-2007, 03:33 AM
http://liz.spain.googlepages.com/narutosandaltutorial

Sweet, thanks for the link. This girl's tutorial looks amazing, plus she outlines the differences between the sand nin's sandals and everyone else's. I'll still be making some alterations to this [the fabric portion of the sandal shouldn't wrap around the plastic sole -- it should be secured under the foot], but they're by far the most accurate Naruto sandals I've seen. YAY ACCURACY.

@-->--- Tess

xXKujaXx
06-22-2007, 04:14 AM
Hoozah! Severely Updated! I add step by step pictures and more detailed descriptions. I don't think anyone should have any trouble following it :D But as usual, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Hatake_Kakashi
06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
YAY you posted my picture! I'm glad you have new pics up, it seems to help a liitle more, the ones I have now arn't done, so I'll give you a new picture when I do
once again, great tutorial!

StolenPromise
07-06-2007, 11:19 PM
XD omg!!!! i love how inexpensive this is!!

xXKujaXx
07-07-2007, 02:03 AM
XD omg!!!! i love how inexpensive this is!!

Haha Thanks :D That's why I like it too

Hinatarox1013
07-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for putting the awesome tutorial up!!! I needed to make two shoe pairs somehow and now I can!!! <3

Lady_Penguin
08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
o___o thank you so much for this tutorial... i've been trying to figure out how to make these for a long time and this way seems so simple. I havent tried it yet but I'm really excited now...I'm being Rock Lee for an upcomming convention ^^

white_rabbit
08-07-2007, 07:48 AM
this looks good - I might have to have a good - but with high heels x.x

kyuubi*blossom
08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
This tutorial is really helpful, could it also be used to make Sakura's boot/sandels in shippuden? It's basically the same as the ninja sandel except it goes up to the knee.

Rose_of_Suna
08-19-2007, 02:54 PM
I am gonna cosplay as Temari and have no clue where to get sandals like the ones i need but with the thong! are there sandals out there (besides flip-flops) that have the thong that I could use for the sand shinobi shoes, ones that dont cost like $50? I checked walmart and online but couldnt find any that would really work, everything is flip flop or have *cringes* higher heels.

xXKujaXx
09-21-2007, 01:41 PM
This tutorial is really helpful, could it also be used to make Sakura's boot/sandels in shippuden? It's basically the same as the ninja sandel except it goes up to the knee.

Oh Yeah, absolutley. I looked it up and that's pretty much what mine look like before I roll mine down to make the cuff, You just need really long socks X3

Sakura's Shippuden one's also have a square heel. If you wanted you could get heeled toeless shoes oin black and when it comes to the heel cut the square around it and hot glue it at the top of the heel. It'd probably be a pretty delicate thing to do and not mess it up so it's up to you XP

Sorry for the hideously slow reply @_@ Hope I'm not too late

TeknicllyInsane
10-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Great Tutorial, I thank you. I'll be playing Shippuuden style Chouji at a Halloween dance, so this really helps me!

xXKujaXx
10-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Great Tutorial, I thank you. I'll be playing Shippuuden style Chouji at a Halloween dance, so this really helps me!

Hahaha Awesome, I love my Shippuden Chouji costume. How bizzare that you got the advice you needed from somone who did the exact same costume XD

xPUPPET_MASTERx
10-28-2007, 02:36 PM
woah
that turned out very nicely
im impressed
thanx :] another stop completed in my Kankuro costume
:toothy:

starryprincess6
12-23-2007, 08:41 PM
So the socks are on the floor?

Septen
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
How would I pull off naruto's shippuden sandals?

xXKujaXx
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
How would I pull off naruto's shippuden sandals?
It looks like they're pretty much the same as always except black. If you follow the tutorial using black socks it should work out great.

ladyobsidian
03-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Thank you soo much!! This tutorial is a life saver!

Kinkyelf
03-18-2008, 11:33 PM
thanks so much man im goin to my first anime convention in less than 10 days and i needed a pair of sandals for my choji outfit

yeah im like really excited im goin as the skinny version as choji when he takes the red pill(minus wings) cant go as big version cause im skinny hope to hear from u :):rockon:

Nygenx
03-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow, this works particularly well. Thanks for the tutorial. I would have completely overlooked a simple solution such as this.

xXKujaXx
03-19-2008, 12:41 AM
thanks so much man im goin to my first anime convention in less than 10 days and i needed a pair of sandals for my choji outfit

yeah im like really excited im goin as the skinny version as choji when he takes the red pill(minus wings) cant go as big version cause im skinny hope to hear from u :):rockon:

Hey! That's Awesome. Chouji needs more love :D Best of luck :)

Wow, this works particularly well. Thanks for the tutorial. I would have completely overlooked a simple solution such as this.

I'm really glad you found it helpful. I like your costumes :)

Chistina199
03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
i saved this to favourites, but one thing i'd like to know is how about when your using the sandals won't the bottom of the sock part of the sandal wearout and get holes in them?

xXKujaXx
03-20-2008, 09:51 PM
i saved this to favourites, but one thing i'd like to know is how about when your using the sandals won't the bottom of the sock part of the sandal wearout and get holes in them?

Yeah, unfortunatley that'll probably happen eventually. I've had to make a few pairs now but they usually last me several three day conventions. If you start to notice wear spots developing you could try to reinforce them with more tape.

PandaPuff
03-22-2008, 08:00 PM
This is a friggin lifesaver! I ordered these sandels on ebay recently but I'll have no idea if they'll be delivered in time so this is great. Btw do you happen know how to do the Akatsuki shoe? It's basically a sandel with this white sock thingy over it.

xXKujaXx
03-23-2008, 01:34 AM
This is a friggin lifesaver! I ordered these sandels on ebay recently but I'll have no idea if they'll be delivered in time so this is great. Btw do you happen know how to do the Akatsuki shoe? It's basically a sandel with this white sock thingy over it.

I'm working on Akatsuki spats right now. Once I have it all figured out I'm going to post a pattern or a tutorial. I'm making it with the same sandals and the spats overtop

narutard101
03-23-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm working on Akatsuki spats right now. Once I have it all figured out I'm going to post a pattern or a tutorial. I'm making it with the same sandals and the spats overtop

haha well that will save me for my Zetsu cosplay because thats all I have left to worry about XP

wanabecosplayer
04-01-2008, 07:46 PM
awesome tutoral but I'll probably just buy a pair of black flipflops, cut a hole in the toe area of a pair of my black knee socks, put them over top of the flipflops and fold down the rest

SasuMonkey
04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
That was an awesome tutorial; such an easy way to make cheap and great Naruto sandals! Thanks!

KaineMaxwell
04-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow, that looks easy to do! Do athletic socks come in the dark blue that some of the ninjas wear by chance?

xXKujaXx
04-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Wow, that looks easy to do! Do athletic socks come in the dark blue that some of the ninjas wear by chance?

Yup I've seen them :) Not as common as black but they are available.

Hinatascosplaye
04-12-2008, 01:00 PM
is there any way to make hinata sandals?

sharinganitachi
04-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Sweet! Now I wont have to track a good pair off the internet down. Thanks for posting this!

wielderofdreams
04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow, all i did for my sandals were to take a pair of baseball socks and pull them over my adidas sandals. then I cut where the toes came out, and voila! naruto sandals in five seconds! and very durable, too.

KaineMaxwell
06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Great tutorial! I have a question though- how do you take and put the shoe back on since the strap is covered?

Tried making a pair, accidentally ripped the sock too much and had issues with it ripping when trying to take sandal off (stupid strap).

LonelyInACrowd
07-19-2008, 07:08 PM
you are wonderful i looked up a different way before this it was so much work and so costly ,thank you im going as a anbu member so this helps alot

luminaretic
08-07-2008, 04:43 AM
This was a really helpful tutorial. I used this method for AnimeNext. Though, I have to say I slipped like every five seconds. O_o Maybe bad socks for this? I think I figured out a solution for Otakon though. This may only work for black sandals, but I bought a pair of those sock slippers with the rubbery grips on the bottom (yeah, the ones for kids ^_^;;;) and used those. I walked around my house and up and down some stairs and no slippage. So if anyone is worried about slipping, that would be the best type of sock to use (I've seen blue ones, but not as often as black).

Also, have you seen Temari's shoes from Shippuden? What would you recommend? I am a little at a loss.

~Lumi ^_^

KagomeTheArcher
08-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh, this is awesome!
Thank you so much ^-^.

I knew there had to be a way to make 'em yourself...
My brother is cosplaying Gaara from Shippuuden this year for our local Anime Convention... and I needed to make these type of sandals.

Manda~Chan
08-31-2008, 09:36 AM
*face/palm* I tried a similar method on my own last year and it phailed. I think it's due to my lack of tape. But, doesn't walkin ruin the sock thats under the sandal or did ya put tape over that part???

xLunarxKishx
08-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow. Those are way better than the ones I tried to make. Mine were horrible. Plus, I didn't have any black sandals so I painted some orange ones black and then all the paint peeled off the bottom. Disaster!

Manda~Chan
09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
This was a really helpful tutorial. I used this method for AnimeNext. Though, I have to say I slipped like every five seconds. O_o Maybe bad socks for this? I think I figured out a solution for Otakon though. This may only work for black sandals, but I bought a pair of those sock slippers with the rubbery grips on the bottom (yeah, the ones for kids ^_^;;;) and used those. I walked around my house and up and down some stairs and no slippage. So if anyone is worried about slipping, that would be the best type of sock to use (I've seen blue ones, but not as often as black).

Also, have you seen Temari's shoes from Shippuden? What would you recommend? I am a little at a loss.

~Lumi ^_^
*face/palm* WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT?!?!?! THANKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

shukaku
09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
do you think there is a way to give it a more finnished and proffesoinal look instead of useing tape (nothing gainst tape but i personally thinck it leave it have a rushed feel

xXKujaXx
09-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Great tutorial! I have a question though- how do you take and put the shoe back on since the strap is covered?

Tried making a pair, accidentally ripped the sock too much and had issues with it ripping when trying to take sandal off (stupid strap).

Sorry for the late response, when I take them on and off I roll the sock down as much as possible, open the strap, put 'em on, do it up and pull the sock back over.

Thanks for the positive response from everyone else :)

xXKujaXx
09-08-2008, 12:47 AM
do you think there is a way to give it a more finnished and proffesoinal look instead of useing tape (nothing gainst tape but i personally thinck it leave it have a rushed feel
The first thing that came to mind was instead of taping around the edge the way I did you could pull the fabric on the top around further to the underside of the front strap so instead of looking like there was tape on the front it would look like the fabric went into the shoe for complete coverage.

Yeah...it makes sense in my mind, lemme know if I can clarify what I mean anymore.

caineyamiyasha
09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
I have done this method before~ Quick and easy!

Alwayzbored
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
OMG!!! Thank you soooo much for posting this! X3 I can't believe I never thought of that. ._. It's cheap, it's efficient, and it's quick. Wowzers. ^-^ *gives you cookie* My friend made hers out of fabric with all the sewing and so forth, and although it turned out great, it fell apart pretty fast because the gluing wasn't able to hold. >_< It took her so much work too! Hopefully, I don't mess up something while trying this. :p

CutieKaylee
11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
This is fantastic! I have a question about the hocket tape though, does hockey tape come in different colours? Sorry for asking so many questions, it's just I live in UK and I'm not sure we have hockey tape :S

~Karly :3 :)

KaineMaxwell
11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
This is fantastic! I have a question about the hocket tape though, does hockey tape come in different colours? Sorry for asking so many questions, it's just I live in UK and I'm not sure we have hockey tape :S

~Karly :3 :)
Yup it does! Go to your local sporting goods store and/or check ebay.

XangelofchaosX
11-30-2008, 01:13 PM
This helped a lot, thanks for making it.

Toshiluver
12-07-2008, 04:00 PM
sweet job!! I'm making a kakuza costume and i'm making a hidan costume for my boi frend, for a con, so this will be great hlep

Jadie-Jade-Plz
03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Awesome tutorial, I'll try this out after I get the rest of my costume together for the Anime Matsuri! You saved me from paying 20 bucks on eBay~!

ninja-RLV
05-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I just completed them a moment ago. They look good. Thank you for the tutorial. I had been runing about franticly trying to get my shipuGaara cosply ready for ACen, which is twomarow. I really hope my outfit will look at least halfway good. I had to make it last minute. Well again Thank you.

Hiro Akemi
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't understand why in other tutorials they tell you to cut the thong on the flip flop when clearly in the series the thong was there.
>>

By the way, you can get sandels like the one you got with a thong so it'll still have the goodie goodness to it.

Tobi&DeiDei
06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
this is great ^^ this is what i have been looking for for years ^^ now me and my friends can actually do our cosplay...

XnumberXthirteenX
08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I am planning on making Sakura and was looking all over the internet for these pre-made but this seems much easier and cheaper XD thanks soooo much for posting this... when i make mine i will try and send you a picture of them XD

Brutal
08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
before i was able to find these online. i used this tutorial. it's actually pretty good. anyways, here's a link for premade naruto sandals.

http://www.qqcosplay.com/NRU/nrunijsan.html

Braithcakes
11-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I tried this but uhm....here's the part that gets me, walking around after a while...wont the socks start to tear and stuff? I mean these aren't really made for durability, are they? :\

Lydialulu
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
ive seen some great tutorials before but they can be so complicated and take forever, and include sewing T.T, but WOW, this is great, easy simple and quick! you are a life saver!

DarkenedYouth
01-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I have my first con comming up (otakon) so this really helped me out a lot, I'm going (hopefully) as Deidara. Quick question, since I'm not sure if I'm going to the store anytime soon, if the sock isn't quite big enough, once it's over the flip flop (i cut out the thong) should I cut open the bottom of the sock and move it little then super glue it / tape it?
Super awesome cool guide btw, I'm probably going to give into the evilness of sandals and just bug my parents to get me a pair of em and do this by the guide. (not sure my dad will like the fact I stole his socks though) xD

YuffiexSeto
05-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi, do you think i could use this for a Sand Ninja cosplay? Im hoping to do Kankuro :3

xXKujaXx
05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi, do you think i could use this for a Sand Ninja cosplay? Im hoping to do Kankuro :3

Yeah totally. Kankuro's sandals have a thong so if you wanted you could use a thong sandal instead and just cut a small slit in the sock and tape around it or you could just do it the normal way.

perfectlovehere
05-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

YuffiexSeto
05-16-2010, 07:15 AM
This was SO helpful :3 Thanks for uploading it ill be using it for my Kankuro Cosplay :3

Cogetas
05-17-2010, 12:00 PM
I tried this but uhm....here's the part that gets me, walking around after a while...wont the socks start to tear and stuff? I mean these aren't really made for durability, are they? :\

This is my concern as well. I just used this tutorial yesterday to make some sandals, and my con is in two weeks. After the con we'll see how well the sock holds, but I'm afraid it'll tear on the bottom and then I'll have to find a new tutorial to use.

Akiko_Miyahara
05-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow, this is sooooo much easier than how I did it. I really wish I had found this when I needed it :C

....I'll just make a new, far more comfortable looking pair with this >3>

ANBUwasabi
06-26-2010, 04:52 AM
thanks you, this is a life saver!!

xXKujaXx
05-24-2011, 06:41 PM
This is my concern as well. I just used this tutorial yesterday to make some sandals, and my con is in two weeks. After the con we'll see how well the sock holds, but I'm afraid it'll tear on the bottom and then I'll have to find a new tutorial to use.

It's true, they're not going to last forever. Depending on how and where I'm using them I tend to get 3-5 days of cosplay out of them though and I don't usually even wear a costume that many times haha

konan-san(:
07-05-2011, 11:41 PM
This really worked! This will really help with my Sakura cosplay.! =] Thank you so much! :D

fey4life
12-03-2011, 11:19 AM
this tutorial is awesome. it helped me make amazing sandals for my zabuza cosplay!

MrPolarZero
01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Awesome guide for people that are new in the world of cosplay.