PDA

View Full Version : .hack// GU

Dark Kaze
08-13-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm planning to cosplay as Atoli from .hack//GU this year (or maybe Shino from .hack//ROOTS).

1) I have problem about how to make or how to construct the big rounded hat. What kind of materials that i can use to make the hat and if possible the way to construct it?

2) All characters from .hack have symbol on their body. What kind of material/paint that I can use to draw the symbol?

Any help is really much appreciated ^___^

Maguma
09-09-2006, 12:59 AM
that, id suggest you cut a LARGE circular pattern, and fill it with stuffing or like a pillow stuffer. then the wave on atoli/shino's back, use body paint

totorolover
09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
When i did my .hack costumes i used Ice hair spiker color for the designs on the face. i didnt find a good body paint in time and the hair gel stays on the face really good, it doesnt flake off and doesnt rubb off real easy

for the hat you might have to make that pattern, you could try sewing a thick interfacing between two layers of fabric (like a sandwich) to make it stiff or what i did for my Kite hat was sew thick fleece between the layers of fabric - but Atoli's is more round so i dont know how that would work out

Maguma
09-14-2006, 11:54 PM
well what my GF did for her Shino costume was she made two patterns, top and bottom, sewed em together and filled it with stuffing then evened it out.

Dark Kaze
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Maguma >> Body paint...ok. Looks like i have to find someone to draw the design on my back. So the hat is like stuffed hat? Will try it out. Thanks.

totorolover >> Might try that one too. Yup! Shino's/Atoli's hat is round and big so it's really hard to make that round shape. But i will try my best to make it. Thanks.

Maguma
09-15-2006, 03:16 AM
if you wanna do the hat, here's how you should go about doing it, make the top pattern, then the bottom one with the hole for your head

Sew it inside out so that your stitching won't be outside, then once its all sewn, turn it inside out so it looks just right ^_^

Dark Kaze
09-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok. Thank you so much for helping me out. Now i need to find the suitable fabric and make the hat ^__^