PDA

View Full Version : let's do the time warp aga~in!: rocky horror cosplay XD

j-chan
03-12-2003, 10:05 PM
so- you're surrounded by a motley crew wearing colorful costumes made of everything from pvc to fishnet- men in corsets, women half-naked, every other person with neon-colored hair. you shift in your seat and adjust your frilly maid's outfit. everyone is chattering excitedly, making pop-culture references and shedding their inhibitions. hey, what is this, an anime con? :o

no! it's the rocky horror picture show! (yes, disregard the stupid intro. XD)

so, who else does the audience partici~(say it!)pation? who else goes to the midnight showings and just hangs out? i've only been twice, but- wow! i love the people there. they're all so open and fun-spirited. it really does remind me of a con in ways. or a geeky movie premiere. either way, it's totally awesome. (if you haven't, i highly reccomend it.) i went as magenta, natch.

"... in another dimension! with voyeuristic intention... well secluded, i see all."

Sakura
03-12-2003, 10:18 PM
*continues* "With a bit of a mind flip, you're into the time slip... and nothing can ever be the same..."

I haven't been to any midnight showings yet (I'm only 16 and I don't know any adults who will take me >_<) but when I go I plan on dressing up like Columbia. To make up for the fact that I can't go to the theatre I watch the movie at home atleast 1 time a week. It sounds like a blast though... do they really throw toast? oO;;

Michi
03-12-2003, 10:24 PM
I haven't gone to a midnight showing, nor do I really think audience participation is very fun (augh, the track on the DVD is so horrible! and some lines are just vulgar and stupid... I only like a few of the cuter ones). BUT. I have full intentions of someday having ALL of Frank-N-Furter's outfits, because I have a very sad obsession with the character. So far I have.. um.. pink rubber gloves. Hahaha. I'm working on it!!

It's one of my dreams to be in a stage production of the original Rocky Horror Show.. my friends and I have acted out the movie in the living room which is the closest to a midnight showing I've gotten to. XD; But I dunno. I might attempt one soon. There's a local one you need to be 17+ for, and, well, I'm 17.. so. ^_^ I may try it out. Yeah.

Wow that was jumbled. *points at signature quote* Yes, see, obsession.

Kaitou
03-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Audience Participation is great....as someone who has been in the RHPS show, either under the screen or staged, several times, its better when the audience loves you.

Ano...Sakura, if you're only 16, I don't blame the adults for not taking you..it gets pretty raunchy.

Michi
03-13-2003, 08:53 AM
I think the fact that I don't watch RHPS to make fun of it, but I watch it because it's seriously my favorite movie.. is why audience participation bugs me. I think some of the lines are cute, but... yeah. I already said this. ^_^;;

Fraaaaaaank. <3

j-chan
03-13-2003, 04:34 PM
aw, sakura! :x poor thing! my parents and i planned it so that the rocky horror picture showing was my sixteenth birthday party! ha! :D i celebrated in style. of course, i had an 18-year-old friend drive us to the theatre. the weirdest part, though, was that there was a nine-year-old there one night! with his sixty-year-old grandmother! that was shocking.

the lines... eh. they're a little in bad taste. but, overall, it's more the mood of the place. it's just such a fun atmosphere! the best line i heard, that i can remember, was, "don't look under there, rocky! there's music under there! BAD MUSIC!" oh, and "elbow sex!" XD i don't really yell because i'm "making fun of it," because i make fun of everything i love. :D

oh, one more thing- they couldn't throw toast at my theatre because of rodents and stuff. but we throw loads of rice! XD

Mink
03-13-2003, 07:12 PM
I liked it....but really it all depends on who you go with.

The first time I went with a group of girls (and gay men) I had a blast...I was a "virgin" and almost got away with it except one of the "trannies" was my boyfriends best friend.....but other than that I had an absolute blast.

The next time I went was later because they raised the age to over 18 (for reasons undisclosed, but really, too many minors with too many non minors at midnight....you do the math). Anyway that time I went with sort of an older more....ahem....experianced crowd. Lets just say I had to explain to more than one person that I didnt want to cheat on my boyfriend and yes, messing with another girl was infact consisdered cheating in my book. Not that I am against girl girl stuff (would probably be a little bi if it werent for my commitment to my boyfriend) but at the same time, these were people that I had been friends with for a long long time and SUDDENLY they were all into me and eachother...

So end result is; I wont go again until my youger "same" experianced friends are old enough to go......and theres my two cents.....

Oh but I did actually buy this kick ass rocky oufit for like 100 dollars or something...its all black and vinel-y....maybe I should use it for j-rock.....hmmm...*thinks*

KittenTheChibi
03-16-2003, 07:23 PM
I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show !!!!!

I was Magenta for our 4th year Drama class, we did it for our final project...

Coolest thing since sliced bread if you ask me!